PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

AugustaHibs
07-02-2024, 09:28 PM
Anyone seriously suggesting him for our next manager needs their head checked.

Hibeesdaft16
07-02-2024, 09:29 PM
Extremely constructive. :rolleyes:

Jones28
07-02-2024, 09:29 PM
Wtf is this ****?

Northernhibee
07-02-2024, 09:32 PM
I’d gladly just not have to read his name on here for quite a while tbh.

Mcbizz1998
07-02-2024, 10:04 PM
Why? Because you disagree with his opinion on the Boyle incident?

LewysGot2
07-02-2024, 10:05 PM
Assuming he was on the telly box? Wouldn't know as at the game - but educated guess 🤣

Broxburn Greens
07-02-2024, 10:52 PM

Did Neil think it was a dive by any chance?

Playing to the target audience, Celtic fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VoltaireHibs
07-02-2024, 10:55 PM
He knows Brendan's jackets on a shoogly peg so he's doing his sucking up bit just in case they need a caretaker manager. For all we were excellent in spells tonight, that is as poor a Celtic team as I've seen in years.

Hibeesdaft16
07-02-2024, 10:56 PM

He's a celtic supporter.

Sky play to the old firm.

I'm not sure why this is such a revelation or why it angers you? :confused:

WeeRussell
07-02-2024, 10:58 PM

Faddy was in full agreement with Lennon. I don’t believe he’s Celtic or Rangers.

Pagan Hibernia
07-02-2024, 11:04 PM
Really great thread.

Like the other two existing lennon ones :rolleyes:

Cammy
07-02-2024, 11:49 PM
Faddy was in full agreement with Lennon. I don’t believe he’s Celtic or Rangers.

I think he's a pretty poor pundit and seldom agree with his opinions.

DH1875
08-02-2024, 07:41 AM

He grew up a celtic fan and his family still are. They have season tickets for parkhead.
Doesn't mean much though as my family are the exact same.

Eyrie
08-02-2024, 07:29 PM

And what do you think McFadden would have done in that situation when he was playing?

WeeRussell
08-02-2024, 08:42 PM
And what do you think McFadden would have done in that situation when he was playing?

You’d have to ask him. Not really relevant though is it? My only point was that he had the same opinion as Lennon when someone suggested Lennon only said what he did because he’s a Celtic man.

I despise Celtic, and I’m not very keen on Lennon either, but I didn’t think it was a penalty either.

Eyrie
08-02-2024, 09:45 PM
You’d have to ask him. Not really relevant though is it? My only point was that he had the same opinion as Lennon when someone suggested Lennon only said what he did because he’s a Celtic man.

I despise Celtic, and I’m not very keen on Lennon either, but I didn’t think it was a penalty either.

I don't need to ask McFadden because he would have done what every other attacking player would have done in that situation and made no attempt to stay on his feet after being contacted, so his agreement with Lennon was purely about pandering to Sky's target audience of Ugly Sister fans.

The problem is that referees do not give penalties if a player makes an attempt to stay on their feet so there is a clear incentive to go down.

Diclonius
08-02-2024, 09:46 PM
Oh good, another thread.

Kato
08-02-2024, 09:49 PM
Oh good, another thread.We should bump all the other ones to the top. F'lols.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
08-02-2024, 09:55 PM
I don't need to ask McFadden because he would have done what every other attacking player would have done in that situation and made no attempt to stay on his feet after being contacted, so his agreement with Lennon was purely about pandering to Sky's target audience of Ugly Sister fans.

The problem is that referees do not give penalties if a player makes an attempt to stay on their feet so there is a clear incentive to go down.

No really - he only said he thinks it would have been a soft penalty. What he would or wouldn’t have done in the same situation doesn’t really matter. Maybe Boyle would have admitted it was quite soft if he’d been awarded it.

Anyway, pointless arguing about McFadden’s reasons for thinking the same as what I and a lot of other Hibs fans thought too. We all have differing views on what should be given as penalties. But I’m confident McFadden wouldn’t have done the same swan dive we’ve come accustomed to seeing from Martin, and rarely helps his cause in these situations.

matty_f
08-02-2024, 10:21 PM
No really - he only said he thinks it would have been a soft penalty. What he would or wouldn’t have done in the same situation doesn’t really matter. Maybe Boyle would have admitted it was quite soft if he’d been awarded it.

Anyway, pointless arguing about McFadden’s reasons for thinking the same as what I and a lot of other Hibs fans thought too. We all have differing views on what should be given as penalties. But I’m confident McFadden wouldn’t have done the same swan dive we’ve come accustomed to seeing from Martin, and rarely helps his cause in these situations.
I’m going to stick up for Boyle here, i think his right toe stubs into the ground as it’s coming forward when he’s hit, which sends him forward. I don’t think he’s thrown himself to the ground and i think his reaction, telling the ref to review it, indicates he’s confident he’s not cheated.

Gettin' Auld
09-02-2024, 05:46 AM
Probably scored.

JimBHibees
09-02-2024, 06:11 AM

Him McFadden and Eilidh all thought it was hysterical and were laughing when trying to discuss. Only Boyd said he had seen them given. They were quiet when the angle behind the goal clearly showing a penalty was shown. As said would have been good to have Hibs representation there.

Since90+2
09-02-2024, 06:29 AM
He knows Brendan's jackets on a shoogly peg so he's doing his sucking up bit just in case they need a caretaker manager. For all we were excellent in spells tonight, that is as poor a Celtic team as I've seen in years.

Absolutely no chance he'll ever manage Celtic again.

jacomo
09-02-2024, 10:45 AM
Absolutely no chance he'll ever manage Celtic again.

:agree:

The guy who blew 10IAR welcomed back for a third stint? Don’t think so.

Greensunshine
09-02-2024, 12:23 PM
I’m going to stick up for Boyle here, i think his right toe stubs into the ground as it’s coming forward when he’s hit, which sends him forward. I don’t think he’s thrown himself to the ground and i think his reaction, telling the ref to review it, indicates he’s confident he’s not cheated.

Boyle having previous for diving doesn’t help him or us. In this instance I think he’s been wronged.
They should be having a VAR check. He definitely gets clipped and that sends him off balance.
100% that happens at the other end then it’s a VAR check and a penalty given. Disgusted at the officials

wilkie_1
09-02-2024, 12:35 PM
VAR was brought in to look at these exact moments!! Why is the team in the VAR room not looking at this ? It only makes you wonder these people either have a clear or unconscious bias towards the old firm when these situation have been checked when favouring the old firm!!!

The Modfather
09-02-2024, 12:41 PM
Boyle having previous for diving doesn’t help him or us. In this instance I think he’s been wronged.
They should be having a VAR check. He definitely gets clipped and that sends him off balance.
100% that happens at the other end then it’s a VAR check and a penalty given. Disgusted at the officials

I get that players unfortunately need to go down to get penalties which shouldn’t have to be the case. However Boyle always goes down like something theatrical from my daughter’s gymnastics class. If fouled he needs to go down more naturally.

VoltaireHibs
09-02-2024, 12:46 PM
VAR was brought in to look at these exact moments!! Why is the team in the VAR room not looking at this ? It only makes you wonder these people either have a clear or unconscious bias towards the old firm when these situation have been checked when favouring the old firm!!!

Andrew Dallas was on VAR I think. A guy that's had a questionable career trajectory, to say the least.