PDA

View Full Version : Let’s hope this is rock bottom!

David90+2
03-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Today was painful!

What really concerned me was that that the whole stadium could see the required changes, yet Montgomery waited until we were 0-3 down! We’ll never know but had he made subs at 0-2, would things have been different??!!??

Montgomery’s inability to change formation is killing us. Today, St Mirren were comfortable playing their midfield 3 in front of our midfield 2. We need a manager with tactical intelligence, I’m not convinced Montgomery has that knowledge.

I really hope Montgomery is our man, however the hope is draining quickly!! Tactically he was bullied today……..and as fans we pay the price.

VoltaireHibs
03-02-2024, 08:55 PM
I have an awful feeling that if NM is still in post then ICT will be our rock bottom. Or certainly NM's.

AL-Qaholik
03-02-2024, 09:22 PM
This is a relegation team.
We’re not even close to rock bottom yet.

Jones28
03-02-2024, 09:23 PM
A pumping on Wednesday and out the cup this time in a week, now THATS rock bottom.

IberianHibernian
03-02-2024, 09:31 PM
A pumping on Wednesday and out the cup this time in a week, now THATS rock bottom.You`re right . Let`s hope we get an encouraging display against Celtic and a win in Inverness to set us up for a better end to the season .

B.H.F.C
03-02-2024, 09:32 PM
Performance wise, it can’t get any worse than that today, surely.

With this squad, particularly defensively, I have no idea what we can do to stop conceding so many goals though.

We’re ****ed. It’s just a case of how bad it gets in terms of how far we slide.

Scotty Leither
03-02-2024, 09:37 PM
Performance wise, it can’t get any worse than that today, surely.

With this squad, particularly defensively, I have no idea what we can do to stop conceding so many goals though.

We’re ****ed. It’s just a case of how bad it gets in terms of how far we slide.

The recruitment team have run up the white flag with the signing of two rookie defenders, IMO. They're waiting on the end of the season coming, praying there's no flirtation with the play-off spot.

I'll bet we've not spent a ha'penny either in transfer fees - it's part of the long goodbye with the Gordons.

jeffers
03-02-2024, 09:41 PM
The recruitment team have run up the white flag with the signing of two rookie defenders, IMO. They're waiting on the end of the season coming, praying there's no flirtation with the play-off spot.

I'll bet we've not spent a ha'penny either in transfer fees - it's part of the long goodbye with the Gordons.

While I felt we desperately needed an experienced CB this window Monty wanted Triantis, he was our first choice this window.

B.H.F.C
03-02-2024, 09:47 PM
While I felt we desperately needed an experienced CB this window Monty wanted Triantis, he was our first choice this window.

It’s absolute madness but clear as day that he’s Monty’s man.

So many of our problems stem from centre half for me. That’s where the organisation comes from and we have two young laddies. It’s actually scandalous mismanagement for me.

Nicho87
03-02-2024, 09:47 PM
Saints had 2-3 chances clear cut tbh before they scored a third

We’re only going one way under Monty, ain’t the good way

Completely out his depth

Scotty Leither
03-02-2024, 09:50 PM

Probably his "first choice" of untried rookies. That's my point - we were the only club in the SPL to bring IN meaningful money in the window and we've not spent anything like we needed to at CB and Right Full Back. T

here's NO money getting spent until this takeover money comes in. None at all.

IberianHibernian
03-02-2024, 10:03 PM

I'll bet we've not spent a ha'penny either in transfer fees - it's part of the long goodbye with the Gordons.Have you any suggestions for defenders that we could have tried to sign for the rest of the season or thinking about next season ? Transfer fees ? Have we not spent more than most of our rivals ( all Scottish clubs except OF to keep it simple ) on transfer fees in recent years ?

Scotty Leither
03-02-2024, 10:18 PM
Have you any suggestions for defenders that we could have tried to sign for the rest of the season or thinking about next season ? Transfer fees ? Have we not spent more than most of our rivals ( all Scottish clubs except OF to keep it simple ) on transfer fees in recent years ?

It's not my job to do that but I'll venture a decent manager like McIness would be able to flag up players that would immediately bolster our defence, but I suspect somebody like him doesn't fit the yes-man profile that Gordon and Kensell seem to go for.

Name me ONE Hibs defender you would currently class as "robust" and can stand his corner physically in this league?

I'll wait...

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2024, 10:26 PM
Saints had 2-3 chances clear cut tbh before they scored a third

We’re only going one way under Monty, ain’t the good way

Completely out his depth

After today I will have to agree. I was willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong, but that performance means he’s lost me now. It was a sackable offence it was so bad. Somebody needs to come in who can take control of this situation before it spirals out of control. Guide us through the rest of season then make a start on sorting out this squad.

Is It On....
04-02-2024, 10:48 AM
This is a relegation team.
We’re not even close to rock bottom yet.

I think that this a relegation manager, not a relegation team. If we got someone in the interim like Neil Warnock then I have no doubt he would turn it around and comfortably achieve Top 6.

greenpaper55
04-02-2024, 10:57 AM
After watching yesterdays game it left me with a feeling of impending doom regards future games, this is a team going into free fall unless some sort of miracle happens, a bit like the Butcher season when it got worse with every game.

Davy Mac
04-02-2024, 11:38 AM
I don't hate Hibs, but I hate football at the moment.

Bobo
04-02-2024, 11:53 AM
Yesterday's performance was pretty common place and typical of how we've played since Montgomery walked through the door. So poor and devoid of many simple attributes

• No Pace
• No Strength
• No Desire
• No Belief
• No Pride
• No Defence
• No Threat
• No Formation
• No Tactics

We're not rock bottom yet but not far off it. Only thing that's certain, in our current position, is that we're not going to improve until Montgomery has gone! Sadly until then we've got

• No Hope.