PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to have patience?

dp00
03-02-2024, 07:08 PM
Terrible result today but do we need to have patience ? The vast majority of these players have got manager after manager sacked… is it a case of they once again don’t like the managers ways of working etc so they know if they put in minimal effort he will be gone before them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
03-02-2024, 07:10 PM
No

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 07:11 PM
I've been patient for five ****ing years. Enough. Time for Hibs to give us something, anything, back.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2024, 07:14 PM
:grr:

Hibees1973
03-02-2024, 07:17 PM
Terrible result today but do we need to have patience ? The vast majority of these players have got manager after manager sacked… is it a case of they once again don’t like the managers ways of working etc so they know if they put in minimal effort he will be gone before them ?

Probably.

But for how long do you bang your head off a wall. Until you damage your skull and have brain damage. Sorry not a great analogy, but that's all I can come up with just now. A footballing comparison would be if we lose the next couple of league games and find ourselves in the bottom two, should we just stick with Montgomery no matter what. Of course we can't. He would have to get sacked.

You change things when it gets to the point where you continue to put in dire performances, there is no signs of improvement and there is a risk of relegation.

You cannot just have blind faith.

Exuberance1875
03-02-2024, 07:18 PM
Nah he’s got to go 100%

He looked completely lost today. Miles out his depth and we should do him and the club a favour by cutting ties ASAP

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2024, 07:20 PM

Didn't think it would take you long. 😀

.Sean.
03-02-2024, 07:21 PM
I think Montgomery seems like a thoroughly decent guy and he was my pick for the job after watching some of his stuff from Australia.

I don’t think chopping and changing managers is the answer but this is now in Maloney/ LJ territory and sacking both them was the right answer. Managers seldom come back from having the majority of the support turn on you.

I have said for weeks and weeks his stubbornness and naivety was going to cost him his job. Heartless no hopers like Levitt, shysters like Youan who play when they fancy it, unreliable garbage like Rocky and bang average dross like Miller and Jair have hardly helped his case any over recent months but neither has stuff like his insistence on a 442 that’s plainly no working when the alternative is so obvious to the rest of us.

We are going to get absolutely horsed by Celtic as his 442 will leave us wide open and exposed and he’ll not learn from previous ways he’s tried to set up against the Old Firm.

Sad to say but a dead man walking unfortunately IMO and that’s a shame as I really wanted him to do well

The Captain....
03-02-2024, 07:22 PM
Absolutely not, this manager has been given a lot of leeway and we continue to make the same mistakes and get worse every passing week.

Keeping him on is absolutely pointless which is exactly what will happen after every league game. Today was beyond the pale, an abomination of a performance that there is no coming back from.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2024, 07:31 PM
Let Foley bring his own man in.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2024, 07:34 PM
I'm fed up of being told to be patient or to trust the process or other unambitious middle management bull****.

We have trusted a process that has failed for years. I'll start to be patient and trust the process when said process shows tangible results.

Right now it's just trying to excuse failure after failure after failure.

thebausburst
03-02-2024, 07:36 PM
5months and all areas of the team are worse, defence, midfield and attack + he’s ruined Vente and the football is boring as %#^* to watch. Whether he’s sacked now, in 5 games or end of the season he’s hopeless.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2024, 07:37 PM
Lets wait until we open another bar, and fit out whatever lounge is the next priority.

Can't wait to be celebrating the quality of our new carpets and whatever overpriced foreign sounding lager we are selling.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
03-02-2024, 07:37 PM
No.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Why should we be patient? We’re filthy ****ing rich, Tony Montana wasn’t patient, he just went and got what he wanted. I want a league title, get a manager that will give me one.

Edit: fully aware I’m talking ***** here, I’m going home soon, much to the pubs displeasure I’m sure. This is also my second movie reference for how ***** we are today, I will cut it out now. But no, we shouldn’t be patient.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-02-2024, 07:41 PM
Behave, get rid ASAP

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2024, 07:41 PM
I'm fed up of being told to be patient or to trust the process or other unambitious middle management bull****.

We have trusted a process that has failed for years. I'll start to be patient and trust the process when said process shows tangible results.

100% correct.

JohnM1875
03-02-2024, 07:42 PM
Whats the point in patience in this instance? Does anyone realistically see what patience will get us?

He said post match 'We knew they'd lock us down one side' aye mate, that's cause you started a 16 year old at right back!

Chorley Hibee
03-02-2024, 07:45 PM

In a nutshell.

Too many of our fan base equally accepting of this repeated failure too.

We must be the most 'patient' support in Scotland.

Well I'm fed up waiting, it's time this club delivered.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2024, 07:46 PM
Whats the point in patience in this instance? Does anyone realistically see what patience will get us?

He said post match 'We knew they'd lock us down one side' aye mate, that's cause you started a 16 year old at right back!

Aye, we knew the opposition would try and win the game by playing to their strengths and exploiting our weaknesses.

A half pissed guy in the pub before the game knew that and he wasnt being well rewarded to tell us that. He might well have had a better strategy to counter them if Hibs had asked him though.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

greenlex
03-02-2024, 07:49 PM
It’s all very well being patient but after signing an abundance of new midfielders gone starting with the same 4 that have basically failed his much maligned system it's beyond comprehension. You can add in having that right hand side of midfield in front of a 16 year old who really isn’t ready physically or mentally to play at this level is almost as bizarre. There’s being confident in your methods but is it misplaced? I’m all for patience and not keen on sacking managers but he really isn’t helping himself. If he starts that midfield 4 ever again he needs sacked for that alone. I say all of that as possibly the most patient of us.

IberianHibernian
03-02-2024, 08:10 PM
Terrible result and performance today so hard to be patient as we haven`t really done anything exciting this season and more importantly there don`t seem to be any signs of improvement . That said , with so many new players , it`s probably unrealistic to expect things to suddenly change .
Whoever is our manager till the end of the season and next season , will have to work knowing that most of the players in our squad now won`t be with us next season .
On threads like this all managers tend to be written off as failures ( 3 before NM for example ) or acclaimed as successes ( usually means Stubbs cause of cup , Mowbray cause of good play , Turnbull cause of both ) but that`s clearly simplistic given their records at other clubs etc . So to answer OP`s question , I wouldn`t give NM more time but if given time he might lead us to great things but at what cost ? Personally I think Maloney should have been given more time and sackings of Ross and Johnson were questionable too especially as not in close season .

Sherlock Jones
03-02-2024, 08:16 PM
Patience? **** that!

Michael
03-02-2024, 08:26 PM
Got to give him a bit of time after signing new players I think.

JohnM1875
03-02-2024, 08:28 PM
Got to give him a bit of time after signing new players I think.

Can I ask why you think that? Other than it being the decent thing to do and we'll probably take less stick in the press, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest giving him time will change anything.

andyf5
03-02-2024, 08:47 PM
Yes. Season is over and he needs a few weeks to see if he can turn things around with 7 new players. Worst hibs performances I can ever remember so I don't think he can. Feb 28th may be his last day...or we turn the corner.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2024, 08:49 PM
Ask the chairman of the board for a little more time, and our love will surely grow. 😊

sean
03-02-2024, 08:52 PM
We’re regressing not progressing every single week. No improvement and resources bigger than 3/4s of the league.

Not good enough. Time to go nick.

Bobby's Cinema
03-02-2024, 08:53 PM
It's fine having patience if results not going our way, maybe with a clear pattern of play, performances are there but can't put the ball in the net.

Today though was as bad as it gets. Said himself not the dig and heart required. No sign of anything like a plan for us playing forward to create chances and still soft as **** at the back.

Feels like we are back again so soon in the position that we can't be ****ed sacking a manager but it's quite clear it's not working.

GreenCastle
03-02-2024, 08:56 PM

100%

Let him settle in..

Let him get the winter break to work with players..

Let him get January transfer window..

Let him allow the new players get fit and up to speed..

No..just no…

Don’t trust us to do anything right currently.

We didn’t recruit leadership or ready to go players.

Too many fans just accept us being crap and then wonder why we rarely win anything or big games like derbies.

If he is still in charge for ICT and we lose the board will be under even more pressure. We could easily get a manager in now to give us a boost before the cup game.

Edinburgh Green
03-02-2024, 08:57 PM
Na, you can be patient if you can see signs of improvement or not getting the rub of the green. What he’s serving up is dross. Tbh he should of been sacked for persistently playing lazy wingers/strikers as your left and right mids of an already over run midfield.

wookie70
03-02-2024, 08:59 PM
I think the timing would be terrible after bringing in 7 players and being without 3 who have regularly started. The issue is we are far too close to a play off place to right the season off and hope Monty can build a squad given that time. It is hard to understand we appointed a manager with the same philosophy as Maloney and not a great deal more experience. It may sound nice in theory passing it around and drawing teams on to you but it simply won't work in Scotland unless you have much better players than the rest. We essentially signed a manager with a plan that was set to fail and his stubborn nature means he won't last much longer. I'd give him to the Derby to see if he can get something out his new, young, inexperienced loanees and get Boyle etc back but I think the writing is on the wall and to me the players downed tools today. They are probably fed up being murdered in teh middle of teh park every week too

Betty Boop
03-02-2024, 09:02 PM

:faf:

Jones28
03-02-2024, 09:05 PM

This.

I’m ready for my patience to be rewarded now.

The process can get ****ed.

That tweet still rankles with me.

andrew70
03-02-2024, 09:06 PM
I think the timing would be terrible after bringing in 7 players and being without 3 who have regularly started. The issue is we are far too close to a play off place to right the season off and hope Monty can build a squad given that time. It is hard to understand we appointed a manager with the same philosophy as Maloney and not a great deal more experience. It may sound nice in theory passing it around and drawing teams on to you but it simply won't work in Scotland unless you have much better players than the rest. We essentially signed a manager with a plan that was set to fail and his stubborn nature means he won't last much longer. I'd give him to the Derby to see if he can get something out his new, young, inexperienced loanees and get Boyle etc back but I think the writing is on the wall and to me the players downed tools today. They are probably fed up being murdered in teh middle of teh park every week too

If they are that worried about being murdered in the middle of the park then maybe they should put more effort in. We need two dynamic midfielders neither Newell or Levitt offer that but their attempts to do so are embarrassing.

We could play any formation, in fact we have under many different managers, and still struggle because the effort is abominable.

Gut wrenching watching Hibs just now.

Col2
03-02-2024, 09:07 PM
This time last year I put a tenner on us being relegated as I thought we were in free fall, we went on a run with LJ and finished 5th

I feel the same again and even more concerned than 12 months ago. LJ at least had managed 400+ games even though we know he was bang average.

I am sick of it. We have been patient for years. St Mirren, Dundee and Killie look better organized teams, more dangerous and look fitter and certainly more dedicated. Christ even Aberdeen looked decent today.

NM at best will survive a handful of games, at worst he will be sacked if we go out the cup. It’s inevitable. It feels like Terry Butcher.

Liberal Hibby
03-02-2024, 09:09 PM
The time to be patient was with Maloney. Probably not now.

AL-Qaholik
03-02-2024, 09:09 PM

Do we need to have patience?

Not with Montgomery.

stoneyburn hibs
03-02-2024, 09:15 PM
No, I'm not Mystic Meg but most would have seen this coming.
Another experiment gone wrong.
Can we please hire a Scottish manager, Dougie Imrie.

Most will probably scoff at that suggestion, I'll gamble against anyone that he will be more successful than the current manager and the previous two, granted not a high bar

Jones28
03-02-2024, 09:25 PM

Most will probably scoff at that suggestion, I'll gamble against anyone that he will be more successful than the current manager and the previous two, granted not a high bar

I suggested Imrie on another thread. I don’t think he’d get the time he’d need.

brianmc
03-02-2024, 09:28 PM
I've had a season ticket for 30+ years but that **** show today has just about scunnered me completely.

If anyone from Hibs had the audacity to come out and say that the fans need to show patience then I think I'll take them up on it. I'll patiently keep the hundreds of pounds I waste every year on that dross in my own bank account.

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 09:28 PM
Things can change very quickly in football

It wasn't so long ago we were laughing at Naismith and kickback were calling him a dud and saying he must go

Would hearts be better if they punted him then? Very doubtful

In saying that Monty going seems pretty inevitable now

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
03-02-2024, 09:29 PM

If he's given the same time as the last three, which he would, then he'd do it.
Murray is also a shout.

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 09:34 PM
Murray is also a shout.Murray and Imrie should be no where near hibs for our next managerial appointment

AL-Qaholik
03-02-2024, 09:37 PM

It wasn't so long ago we were laughing at Naismith and kickback were calling him a dud and saying he must go

They have a £5m striker. That’s the difference.

Col2
03-02-2024, 09:41 PM

They also know how to defend. And ensure they have experience in a number of areas. We had 3 u20 playing in back 4 today. And a goalie who can’t come for balls 3 yards out.

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 09:45 PM
They have a £5m striker. That’s the difference.They had the same striker when there were calls for Naismith to go

Bushwoof
03-02-2024, 10:38 PM
Let Foley get his wallet out and bring in Mourinho!

Real Emerald
03-02-2024, 10:51 PM
I've had a season ticket for 30+ years but that **** show today has just about scunnered me completely.

If anyone from Hibs had the audacity to come out and say that the fans need to show patience then I think I'll take them up on it. I'll patiently keep the hundreds of pounds I waste every year on that dross in my own bank account.

This is the thing, even if Monty was getting results I honestly don’t think I could watch his turgid football, it’s sucking the life out the club.

tamh
03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
This.

I’m ready for my patience to be rewarded now.

The process can get ****ed.

That tweet still rankles with me.
Majority of that team don't bother if they get beat.and the rest are here for a jolly and get fit for next season for their team

Donegal Hibby
03-02-2024, 10:54 PM

You think Shankland's worth £5m ?

Donegal Hibby
03-02-2024, 11:24 PM
His goals may end up being worth £5m to them but he is worth what someone offers.

You make a fair point about his goals ( penalties) may be worth £5m to them though he's only worth what someone's willing to pay for him and I think we agree it's not £5m taking everything into account.

Hibs1992
03-02-2024, 11:42 PM
Monty has been here more than long enough to make some sort of imprint on the team and all he's managed to do is make us worse.

We still concede terrible goals every week but now we are also totally blunt in attack thanks to his slow possession tactics that the players are unable to produce.

He has made us the easiest and most predictable team to play against and has shown no intention to adapt his tactics.

Out of his depth and sounds increasingly lost in his interviews. It was a terrible appointment and no point in dragging it out.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-02-2024, 11:48 PM
You make a fair point about his goals ( penalties) may be worth £5m to them though he's only worth what someone's willing to pay for him and I think we agree it's not £5m taking everything into account.

Depends if they finish 3rd, then it’s closer to £7m he’s worth to them I believe.

stoneyburn hibs
03-02-2024, 11:59 PM
Murray and Imrie should be no where near hibs for our next managerial appointment

How so ?
Do you want another experiment?
I want a manager who knows Scottish football,they fit the bill.
I'd take Dick Campbell before any failed English championship manager.

Baader
04-02-2024, 12:00 AM
Guy is out of his depth. Clueless. Get rid.

Callum_62
04-02-2024, 12:06 AM
How so ?
Do you want another experiment?
I'd take Dick Campbell before any failed English championship manager.The only folk who know Scottish football are Dougie Imrie and Ian Murray?

Lol at Dick Campbell too [emoji1783]

Since452
04-02-2024, 12:08 AM
I think Montgomery seems like a thoroughly decent guy and he was my pick for the job after watching some of his stuff from Australia.

I don’t think chopping and changing managers is the answer but this is now in Maloney/ LJ territory and sacking both them was the right answer. Managers seldom come back from having the majority of the support turn on you.

I have said for weeks and weeks his stubbornness and naivety was going to cost him his job. Heartless no hopers like Levitt, shysters like Youan who play when they fancy it, unreliable garbage like Rocky and bang average dross like Miller and Jair have hardly helped his case any over recent months but neither has stuff like his insistence on a 442 that’s plainly no working when the alternative is so obvious to the rest of us.

We are going to get absolutely horsed by Celtic as his 442 will leave us wide open and exposed and he’ll not learn from previous ways he’s tried to set up against the Old Firm.

Sad to say but a dead man walking unfortunately IMO and that’s a shame as I really wanted him to do well

Im sorry but you can't bracket Montgomery and Maloney in with LJ. They make him look like Pep. Was never the best manager but LJ light years ahead of both.

heid the baw
04-02-2024, 12:11 AM
If you want to experiment or take a punt with managers then hire Murray as opposed to Montgomery
If you want someone who's proven hire McInnes, a manager who's not going to go 7+ league games without a win.
It's not rocket science.

stoneyburn hibs
04-02-2024, 12:13 AM
The only folk who know Scottish football are Dougie Imrie and Ian Murray?

Lol at Dick Campbell too [emoji1783]

That was a question not a statement.
But you knew that.
Usual and predictable arsey response from you, have a break.

Callum_62
04-02-2024, 12:20 AM
That was a question not a statement.
But you knew that.
Usual and predictable arsey response from you, have a break.Come off it, we've just been invested in by a billionaire and your quoting dick Campbell for our next manager [emoji1787][emoji1787]

And it's true, knowledge of the Scottish game doesn't start and end in the 2nd tier of Scotland

Not that I think that's the be all and end all anyway

We do have someone in the coaching team already who's played in Scotland for years, won the Scottish cup and is generally regarded as a legend

And yet here we are

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2024, 12:20 AM
This is bad as anything LJ came out with. He's all over the place, how can anyone have confidence in him??

https://youtu.be/kP6mr_29_g0?si=mX-mEGI7Z0hsT_cA

joebakerforever
04-02-2024, 12:24 AM
However well intentioned and ambitious the Gordon family have been since they took over the Club, imo they have screw-upped the actual football side in terms managerial appointments & player recruitment.

The apparent reluctance to bring in either home grown talent or those with current/previous SPFL experience,
was highlighted today that for the last half hour, none of our outfield players were Scottish & only London-born Megwa had limited SPFL experience.

Rather than always recruiting managers & players outwith Scotland, we should now focus on the domestic market, including the Championship & below.

Vault Boy
04-02-2024, 12:24 AM
Honestly? Maybe we do. However, it’s incredibly hard when you’re simply seeing no signs of progression, or a reason to ‘trust the process’, a phrase favoured by our leadership.

I’m personally willing to give NM more time - but I’m far less optimistic about it actually working out, unfortunately.

stoneyburn hibs
04-02-2024, 12:28 AM
Come off it, we've just been invested in by a billionaire and your quoting dick Campbell for our next manager [emoji1787][emoji1787]

And it's true, knowledge of the Scottish game doesn't start and end in the 2nd tier of Scotland

Not that I think that's the be all and end all anyway

We do have someone in the coaching team already who's played in Scotland for years, won the Scottish cup and is generally regarded as a legend

And yet here we are

The Dick Campbell chat was tongue in cheek, I thought even an idiot would get that, but alas no.
Said to get my point across.
Should be explained enough now.

Callum_62
04-02-2024, 12:36 AM
The Dick Campbell chat was tongue in cheek, I thought even an idiot would get that, but alas no.
Should be explained enough now."Do you want another experiment?

I'd take Dick Campbell before any failed English championship manager."

To be fair naming Dougie imrie and Ian Murray as fitting the bill isn't much different from quoting Dick Campbell

What is your point? Youl take anyone who's managed in Scotland, over a manager that's failed elsewhere?

Thing is, most managers have failed at some point - Ian Murray for example

McInnes, Robinson and Lennon are easily the best experienced "knows Scotland candidates" anyone in the league below is just as much as a gamble as Montgomery

Greensunshine
04-02-2024, 02:26 AM
Nah he’s got to go 100%

He looked completely lost today. Miles out his depth and we should do him and the club a favour by cutting ties ASAP

Agree with this. I was all for giving him until the end of the season but that interview after the game has changed my mind. He was like a wee lost lamb.

ddoc
04-02-2024, 02:40 AM
Agree with this. I was all for giving him until the end of the season but that interview after the game has changed my mind. He was like a wee lost lamb.

I keep logging on at intervals in the hope that there is a new thread re him being sacked.

I am usually pretty pragmatic about our poor performances but this mornings game just totally scunnered me and for the life of me I cannot see a way back for him, best cut our losses and give the team over to DG for the rest of the season. I have some faith that he would at least keep us in 7th or 8th position, as bad as that is.

Stick with NM then play off position is near enough a guarantee.

heretoday
04-02-2024, 03:02 AM
If you want to experiment or take a punt with managers then hire Murray as opposed to Montgomery
If you want someone who's proven hire McInnes, a manager who's not going to go 7+ league games without a win.
It's not rocket science.

It seems sensible but would he come?

Since 68
04-02-2024, 03:12 AM
Tried to be patient but Monty out, clueless and out of his depth. 424 does not work in Scotland.

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:20 AM
100%

Let him settle in..

Let him get the winter break to work with players..

Let him get January transfer window..

Let him allow the new players get fit and up to speed..

No..just no…

Don’t trust us to do anything right currently.

We didn’t recruit leadership or ready to go players.

Too many fans just accept us being crap and then wonder why we rarely win anything or big games like derbies.

If he is still in charge for ICT and we lose the board will be under even more pressure. We could easily get a manager in now to give us a boost before the cup game.

… hope we are honest to that new manager then, and tell him that by your - and others reckoning too - he gets … what … 2 months max to turn it round ? Or he’s replaced, end of … assume that is ample to “let him settle in”.

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:26 AM

Failed for years … ok, so … don’t stop there then … what is the new process we should bring in ? What manager (though if we have failed for years then presume the current - or any ?? - manager isn’t the issue).

Lots of simplistic views on this thread …but no solutions beyond what we have had already. Change change change they cry … yet change change change we have done, time and again …

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:32 AM

This may be true … and is a balanced thought out take that’s due respect … I would still say that I think it’s worth waiting longer … but I also know it’s football, and patience isn’t the name of the game.

I guess I’m used to seeing managers come and go recently … hey wtf let’s try another one … but we have to be honest .. he only gets until April to change it. Or we change him. We can’t make the same mistake twice and wait too long … ehm thee times .. ehm … how many times ?

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:35 AM
This time last year I put a tenner on us being relegated as I thought we were in free fall, we went on a run with LJ and finished 5th

I feel the same again and even more concerned than 12 months ago. LJ at least had managed 400+ games even though we know he was bang average.

I am sick of it. We have been patient for years. St Mirren, Dundee and Killie look better organized teams, more dangerous and look fitter and certainly more dedicated. Christ even Aberdeen looked decent today.

NM at best will survive a handful of games, at worst he will be sacked if we go out the cup. It’s inevitable. It feels like Terry Butcher.

So you lost your tenner … would you bet on your hunch again ?

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:36 AM

Who would ?

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:40 AM

Fair point but few will sit back and see it. However I haven’t seen a single solution here that seems better than what we have. Not one. In fact, Monty was one before the season started. It’s easy to sit back and moan and complain … not so easy to present a better plan.

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:42 AM
Murray is also a shout.

I sat and listened to Raith Rovers fans telling me in December … wait ‘til after new year, it’ll start to go downhill, always does …

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:43 AM
Murray and Imrie should be no where near hibs for our next managerial appointment

If they are … we will have a thread like this again soon enough no doubt.

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:45 AM
Let Foley get his wallet out and bring in Mourinho!

Now we’re talking. 😂

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:48 AM
You think Shankland's worth £5m ?

If he was, someone missed a trick not buying him for £4m, and selling him on in the summer. Nice wee earner. Or maybe it wouldn’t have been …

Jones28
04-02-2024, 03:48 AM
Who would ?

Somebody who had the humility to say “what I’m doing isn’t working, let’s change it”.

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:54 AM
Honestly? Maybe we do. However, it’s incredibly hard when you’re simply seeing no signs of progression, or a reason to ‘trust the process’, a phrase favoured by our leadership.

I’m personally willing to give NM more time - but I’m far less optimistic about it actually working out, unfortunately.

That’s true .. and that may well pan out to be the end of it … we will get to see, hopefully … and move on and upward one way or another …

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 03:57 AM
Should be explained enough now.

Even an idiot 🙄😂

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 04:02 AM
Somebody who had the humility to say “what I’m doing isn’t working, let’s change it”.

So none of our past … how many managers … tried to change things ? unsuccessfully ?

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 04:05 AM

Deleted my reply by accident …
so .. none of your choices would be an experiment in the SPFL… ?

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 04:12 AM
I hope I’m right about Monty, but I know I may be wrong. Or just sack him now, and we might never know I guess.

But are we sure we are confident enough to tell the next manager he has a very limited time to make his ideas work. Or do we just bull**** them in interview, and tell them they will get the time they want / need?

… hmm … six months maybe this time ? Or is that way too long ?

cubehindthegoal
04-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Tried to be patient but Monty out, clueless and out of his depth. 424 does not work in Scotland.

Yeh let’s start another thread the same as the one above … 🤦*♂️

Iain G
04-02-2024, 05:09 AM
Yes. 7 new players brought in, dross moved out and 3 or 4 to come back from international call ups. He needs some time to shape this as he wants it.

Iain G
04-02-2024, 05:11 AM

Nurse! We have another impatient patient wandering the ward at night!

Since90+2
04-02-2024, 05:26 AM
Yes. 7 new players brought in, dross moved out and 3 or 4 to come back from international call ups. He needs some time to shape this as he wants it.

If he doesn't shape it quick enough we'll be looking at a battle to avoid the play off places.

I suspect he has 3 games to turn it around or the board may look to act. If there is even a chance we could get dragged into a scenario where relegation is a genuine threat he'll be gone.

CocoHibs91
04-02-2024, 06:13 AM
It's difficult to be patient when you're seeing us regress week by week.

If we were dominating spells in games, creating lots of chances or a few individuals were improving under him then I would agree be patient. But there's nothing being shown that makes you buy into what he's doing. Even his interviews now they feel so flat, there's nothing about him that makes you think things will come good by him remaining in charge.

More damaging to keep him at this stage.

Wilson
04-02-2024, 06:35 AM

How much time?

Heisenberg
04-02-2024, 06:41 AM

This was my opinion too but then yesterday happened. The team he put out was a mess when he had plenty other options available to change it, mainly in midfield where Newell/Levitt have been rotten for weeks. I’ve not seen a first half that bad for a very long time. Even in the derbies Johnson had us pumped in we put up more of a fight and had more chances on goal.

He only deserves the time to shape it as he wants if he picks up some results along the way. We haven’t won since the middle of December.

sean04
04-02-2024, 06:49 AM
Patience has ran out in my household. 4 season tickets won't be getting used or renewed unless there's a serious improvements

theonlywayisup
04-02-2024, 06:59 AM
Of course he needs a bit more time, but I really worry about how this season is going. Yesterday was as bad a performance as I've ever watched at Easter Road. We gave St Mirren the freedom of Easter Road. You can talk all you want about formations but I saw little evidence of players having the desire to win their own personal battles on the pitch.

Should this be a surprise! We're relying on so many players who won't be at Easter Road next season and/or who are not used to the Scottish game. When I look at the fixtures coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if we fail to win any of our games in February. If so, those against Ross County become crucial in trying not to get pulled into the relegation play-off mix. We're only seven points above Ross County, who have a game in hand. If they were to take 4-6 points off us, then it's memories from the Butcher past!!

Celtic (H)
ICT (A - Scottish Cup)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee (H)
Hearts (A)
Ross County (H)
Ross County (A)
Livingston (H)
The Rangers (A)
St Johnstone (H)
Motherwell (A)

Brooster
04-02-2024, 07:02 AM
Cut our losses and sack him now, there's no chance of him turning this around, not a hope. Average teams are destroying us because of tactics and team selections.

The Modfather
04-02-2024, 07:02 AM

It looks like Montgomery will be the latest victim of this squad. Of the perm players we have I genuinely don’t know who I could pick to make a case for being part of the solution and to build a team around for next season.

Probably Obita. No other defender of keeper.

Hopefully Amos & Moriah-Welsh but we’ve yet to actually see them play, certainly none of the other midfielders.

Up front, Vente in theory, but in reality have we signed essentially a poacher without the all round game needed to play on his own or create his own chances like Nisbet used to have to. Youan & Boyle, astronomical costs for “on their day” players with their days getting less and less.

Our best case seems to be a combination of sack another manager and/or play as many of the loans as possible together so we can play as few of the permanent players as possible. A sad state of affairs.

TimeForHeroes32
04-02-2024, 07:17 AM
We can’t afford to be patience he needs to go. This month we still have 5 games and if he’s in charge we will most likely be out the cup and only a handful of points above the playoff spot with a double header of Ross county to come next month. We are in danger of a repeat of Butcher and it can’t happen. He’s lost the fans and if it’s anything like the past 4 managers when this happens there’s no coming back from it

greenpaper55
04-02-2024, 07:18 AM
I think the time for patience has gone, the next few weeks will spell the end for Monty unless a miracle happens to turn the club around and there seems to be no sign of that. Looks like the board thought Australian football was of a good level and that Monty would take our league by storm ! How wrong can you be ?

B.H.F.C
04-02-2024, 07:22 AM
You can’t be having patience when you see what we saw yesterday.

It’s mental as it’s only six games ago that we were in a good position and ahead of Hearts. But the decline in performance has been brutal. Watching that yesterday, I honestly don’t think I’ve seen worse than what I saw in that first half in 30 odd years of going. There were players just openly not trying.

ozwoody
04-02-2024, 07:40 AM
With most coaches, you would expect the changes to work in 5-6 weeks.
He is working with them every day, analysis , game review, set up for next team etc.
This doesn't seem to have worked and it seems we have actually gone backwards from LJ ( if that's possible).
Yes, we do have , possibly, a more technical squad after the January window, and better players, but do we trust NM to get best out of them? Sadly, I think not.

So for me, it's time to part ways

skyehibee
04-02-2024, 07:56 AM
Can’t wait for the board to sack him then hire some English dud like Appleton and watch this happen all over again in 6/12 months. Board are a disgrace and do not understand Scottish football.

GreenCastle
04-02-2024, 08:00 AM
… hope we are honest to that new manager then, and tell him that by your - and others reckoning too - he gets … what … 2 months max to turn it round ? Or he’s replaced, end of … assume that is ample to “let him settle in”.

He’s had 4 months.

It’s quite simple..what has improved ?

He’s home from beat St Mirren 4-2 to losing 3-0 the worst defeat to them since 1985.

They also had 5 shots on goal - we had 1.

They had 13 attempts too - we had 6 ?

Any new manager should know exactly how to improve us and know the players he has to work with. No clean slates or bedding in period just manage the club and make a difference.

Folk think Hibs fans are impatient but it’s actually quite the opposite - how much crap we have had to put up with and still show up in our numbers.

If we had a decent team ER would sell out every week instead it was 95% empty during the game yesterday.

Exuberance1875
04-02-2024, 08:03 AM
Can’t wait for the board to sack him then hire some English dud like Appleton and watch this happen all over again in 6/12 months. Board are a disgrace and do not understand Scottish football.

100% this. The recruitment and managerial appointments have been awful ever since that clown Kensell came into the club, but as long as he’s going on the pre match marches at Tynie he’s okay.

Hopeless the lot of them and they are driving the club into the ground.

Manager needs gone today, sadly it doesn’t look like that’s going to be the case. Toothless club

NC1875
04-02-2024, 08:03 AM
Fans will have patience when they can see a plan. That things look like they’re improving or they can see what the team is trying to do.

I’m seeing none of that so how long do you persist ?

I agree he won’t be sacked but unless we improve, get top 6 and at least put up a fight for 4th then he should he gone.

Even at that, I think he’s very close to the point of no return with a lot of fans. He’s just another dud. Cheers Ben.

Not In The Know
04-02-2024, 08:11 AM
When was the last time you read a report as bad as this?
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/one-player-scrapes-a-210-as-hibs-booed-off-ratings-from-humiliating-home-loss-4504062?page=4

GreenCastle
04-02-2024, 08:16 AM
If we had any backbone and ambition we would sack the manager and say that’s not acceptable.

Instead we just plod along and make the same mistakes.

We had enough patience to win the Scottish Cup but unfortunately our consistency in the league has been shocking.

What makes it worse is Hearts so far ahead mainly due to Hibs and Aberdeen being absolutely shocking.

19 points ! We have a game in hand but still that is absolutely shocking conceding we were above them around the Livingston game.

7Hero
04-02-2024, 08:19 AM
Weve been patient enough with the owner, CEO and board, time they started getting that side of it sorted so the decisions they make considerably improve from the absolute s**t show that is happening right now..

Since452
04-02-2024, 08:22 AM
Nurse! We have another impatient patient wandering the ward at night!

What did he say that warrants that response? He's evidently correct. We've not won since mid December and we're beaten before a ball is kicked with the way he sets up.

hibee-boys
04-02-2024, 08:23 AM
When was the last time you read a report as bad as this?
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/one-player-scrapes-a-210-as-hibs-booed-off-ratings-from-humiliating-home-loss-4504062?page=4

Could’ve been written by one of us, 100% accurate. I hope everyone at the club reads every word.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2024, 08:24 AM

Spot on, we were told once the infrastructure was built, we'd then be able to power on and be stronger on the park.

There is always something else that needs done before the club put the team 1st, it's a new dome now, and a rebuild of the FF bar thats next.

Just put the bloody team 1st for a ****in change.

heretoday
04-02-2024, 08:26 AM
I reckon we do have to have patience. So yes.
If the manager thinks he can get all these new faces to gel then give them a shot.

neil7908
04-02-2024, 08:27 AM
Spot on, we were told once the infrastructure was built, we'd then be able to power on and be stronger on the park.

There is always something else that needs done before the club put the team 1st, it's a new dome now, and a rebuild of the FF bar thats next.

Yup. Sorry but I'm not interested in an indoor pitch or whatever. We've slated Hearts for years about how rubbish their set up is, yet they finish ahead of us year after year.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2024, 08:30 AM
He’s had 4 months.

It’s quite simple..what has improved ?

He’s home from beat St Mirren 4-2 to losing 3-0 the worst defeat to them since 1985.

They also had 5 shots on goal - we had 1.

They had 13 attempts too - we had 6 ?

Any new manager should know exactly how to improve us and know the players he has to work with. No clean slates or bedding in period just manage the club and make a difference.

Folk think Hibs fans are inpatient but it’s actually quite the opposite - how much crap we have had to put up with and still show up in our numbers.

If we had a decent team ER would sell out every week instead it was 95% empty during the game yesterday.

Re your second last paragraph I made that point last year and got a fair bit of grief for it as people took it as a slight.

I think Hibs fans are remarkably patient. We have underachieved for much of my supporting lifetime (maybe that means we aren't actually underachieving and are just really *****?). Yet we have never been a fanbase to protest or similar. It often seems apathy comes before anger in a way that is different from the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts who seem to regularly have fans making their feelings known to their respective boards.

We can certainly be a bunch of moaners but in terms of what we saw from Celtic fans when it was obvious 10 in a row wasn't happening, Hearts fans after the Brora defeat or Aberdeen fans with both Goodwin and last week with Robson we are relatively easy on and patient with those who run the club.

The Modfather
04-02-2024, 08:32 AM
If we had any backbone and ambition we would sack the manager and say that’s not acceptable.

Instead we just plod along and make the same mistakes.

We had enough patience to win the Scottish Cup but unfortunately our consistency in the league has been shocking.

What makes it worse is Hearts so far ahead mainly due to Hibs and Aberdeen being absolutely shocking.

19 points ! We have a game in hand but still that is absolutely shocking conceding we were above them around the Livingston game.

Sacking the manager isn’t a silver bullet, though it is increasingly looking like one small part of the solution.

The fundamental issues are a core squad of Marshall, Stevenson, Hanlon, Rocky, Fish, Newell, JDH, Campbell, Youan, Boyle. All have been here since at least last season and 5 or 6 managers in some cases.

In that time we’ve had one third place finish, although even within that achievement there was a fragility where we would regularly throw in periods where the whole team were off it out of the blue.

Following up 3rd with an 8th place finish and two managers sacked.

Finish a respectable 5th. Even within that we went on regular losing streaks and lost to every team in the league.

This season relegation is a realistic concern the longer the season goes on and we’ve gone all in with the January window to buy almost a new starting 11 to replace the permanent players. With a second manager looking more and more like he won’t see the season out.

Managers come and go but with the core squad the fragility, woeful reaction to adversity and big drop offs season to season remain consistent.

Short of a Stubbs like window in the summer signing a spine of the team that has character as well as ability I see no end to this cycle. It’s like the Petrie years but costs 4 times more. I’m genuinely as apathetic to all of our perms players as I was to Fenlon’s squad.

mcfly
04-02-2024, 08:34 AM
Thing is people are now voting with their feet and either not going or leaving early.

There doesn’t seem any footballing plan at hibs, brian McDermott what’s he overseeing? An utter shambles from my seat.

Filling up a team with loans and young players being thrown in is not the answer.

If abs it’s a big if for me that we avoid the relegation playoff then a new manager needs appointed in the summer, with full authority over all playing side of things and any non triers such are shown the door.

Sad times for this great club but it seems the same conversations and comments on these pages are an annual thing.

sean
04-02-2024, 08:44 AM
Sacking the manager isn’t a silver bullet, though it is increasingly looking like one small part of the solution.

The fundamental issues are a core squad of Marshall, Stevenson, Hanlon, Rocky, Fish, Newell, JDH, Campbell, Youan, Boyle. All have been here since at least last season and 5 or 6 managers in some cases.

In that time we’ve had one third place finish, although even within that achievement there was a fragility where we would regularly throw in periods where the whole team were off it out of the blue.

Following up 3rd with an 8th place finish and two managers sacked.

Finish a respectable 5th. Even within that we went on regular losing streaks and lost to every team in the league.

This season relegation is a realistic concern the longer the season goes on and we’ve gone all in with the January window to buy almost a new starting 11 to replace the permanent players. With a second manager looking more and more like he won’t see the season out.

Managers come and go but with the core squad the fragility, woeful reaction to adversity and big drop offs season to season remain consistent.

Short of a Stubbs like window in the summer signing a spine of the team that has character as well as ability I see no end to this cycle. It’s like the Petrie years but costs 4 times more. I’m genuinely as apathetic to all of our perms players as I was to Fenlon’s squad.

I actually think it’s not in the main the core groups fault that you mentioned, I’d say Hanlon Stevenson newell and Campbell are actually pretty consistent players for us. Steady players who are 7s most weeks.

We’ve a supporting cast who range between 3s some weeks and 9s the next and that’s the problem ( 9 is rare over the last few months )

We don’t have enough steady SPFL players hence why lesser teams walk all over us by simply out working us most weeks.

LewysGot2
04-02-2024, 08:51 AM
I actually think it’s not in the main the core groups fault that you mentioned, I’d say Hanlon Stevenson newell and Campbell are actually pretty consistent players for us. Steady players who are 7s most weeks.

We’ve a supporting cast who range between 3s some weeks and 9s the next and that’s the problem ( 9 is rare over the last few months )

We don’t have enough steady SPFL players hence why lesser teams walk all over us by simply out working us most weeks.

This. In a nutshell. Any non-OF team that do well generally have a spine of UK/Scottish players with the right attributes and qualities for the SPFL.

The icing on the cake can be fancy but the success depends on the core being suited to the basic challenge of playing on crap astro, in 3 degrees, rainy windy Killie with a gang of rogues across the park.

Iain G
04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
What did he say that warrants that response? He's evidently correct. We've not won since mid December and we're beaten before a ball is kicked with the way he sets up.

Nurse! We have another one!

sean
04-02-2024, 08:59 AM
This. In a nutshell. Any non-OF team that do well generally have a spine of UK/Scottish players with the right attributes and qualities for the SPFL.

The icing on the cake can be fancy but the success depends on the core being suited to the basic challenge of playing on crap astro, in 3 degrees, rainy windy Killie with a gang of rogues across the park.

Correct.

We turn our noses up at that with players and managers alike. We are desperate to do things differently with managers and players.

If you have 7-8 steady players then we can have 3 off the cuff type players around that who can give you that flair.

We too much of the flair type and not many that have enough substance.
It’s a workmen like league where you earn the right to play and win indivisible battles across the park. We don’t have enough of these types of players, hence why we don’t win many matches.

We can moan about Tavares and youan types but it’s simply just not there game. The signings we seem to make just don’t suit the league.

flash
04-02-2024, 09:04 AM
In a nutshell.

Too many of our fan base equally accepting of this repeated failure too.

We must be the most 'patient' support in Scotland.

Well I'm fed up waiting, it's time this club delivered.

What's that second sentence all about? Who are these people and how does this "acceptance" manifest itself?

You do realise that nothing bad that happens is in any way the fault of people who might choose to support the club in a different way than you do?

One Day Soon
04-02-2024, 09:44 AM

Really, what is your post even supposed to mean?

Stubbsy90+2
04-02-2024, 09:50 AM

Can only think that sounded funny in your head.

04-02-2024, 10:25 AM
Cut our losses and sack him now, there's no chance of him turning this around, not a hope. Average teams are destroying us because of tactics and team selections.

This. Unfortunately NM doesn’t have the managerial experience to turn this around. A risky appointment that hasn’t worked out. He needs to go now for the reasons mentioned above because he will get us involved in the relegation battle if he is allowed to stay.

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2024, 10:49 AM

Results on the pitch are not the priority for our club. It's about making a profit, however they can.

Whether it's through hospitality, stadium advertising, or player trading, they measure success on £££s made.

Since the Gordon's came in, how many players have been a success? 2 or 3 tops, out of dozens of total failures. They were quick enough to sell off Porteous and Nisbett and Doig. £££s in the bank.

Hopefully the BK deal is the first step to the Gordon's selling up completely. At least the BKs are into sports and understand that competing is kinda important.

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2024, 10:51 AM

He does it all the time, thread after thread, week after week. Always trying to put someone down.

Hiber-nation
04-02-2024, 10:53 AM

Seems to think he's the resident funny guy, about as funny as the defending for the first goal yesterday.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2024, 10:57 AM
Sick to death of being patient. Time for the football side of things to improve ten fold. Not being in the top six in this league I'd pathetic

Since452
04-02-2024, 11:03 AM
I wanted an improved performance yesterday as a sign that something was brewing. Was willing to ignore the result if the performance was better. Shocking I even had to think that way.

Sadly we got neither the performance or the result. In fact we got the worst first half performance I can remember and the second half wasn't a whole lot better. We're going backwards at an alarming rate and we are in serious danger of getting sucked in to a relegation battle with players who don't seem interested. Worrying.

Hermit Crab
04-02-2024, 11:29 AM
I think he should go but then who do we bring in to steady the ship? If we persist with NM I think we will end up fighting it out to avoid the relegation playoff as we are not worse than Livingston and they are as good as relegated at present barring a remarkable turnaround in form for them. Our next run of games is horrendous.

7th Feb. Celtic H - likely away win and a potential embarrassing scoreline too.

10th Feb. ICT away in the cup. We are the team most likely to be on the end of a cup upset this round, look at the last round. We scraped past a League 2 Forfar side who at the time had only 1 home win all season and arguably had the better chances in the game.

17th Feb. Aberdeen away - another very difficult game and our record up there is not the best. They got a valuable point v Celtic yesterday.

24th Feb. Dundee at home - a team who are getting nosebleeds from being so high up in the table. Unlucky to lose yesterday, score goals and play as a team. We will struggle against them imo.

28th Feb. Hearts away - I think we all know whats coming there based on current form. Another derby defeat and it could be a sore one scoreline wise too.

Thats just our February games, it doesn't get any easier going into March. If we're going to change the manager it has to be now because if we wait we could very well be 9th or 10th in the league come the end of the month.

BoomtownHibees
04-02-2024, 11:37 AM
I think he should go but then who do we bring in to steady the ship? If we persist with NM I think we will end up fighting it out to avoid the relegation playoff as we are not worse than Livingston and they are as good as relegated at present barring a remarkable turnaround in form for them. Our next run of games is horrendous.

7th Feb. Celtic H - likely away win and a potential embarrassing scoreline too.

10th Feb. ICT away in the cup. We are the team most likely to be on the end of a cup upset this round, look at the last round. We scraped past a League 2 Forfar side who at the time had only 1 home win all season and arguably had the better chances in the game.

17th Feb. Aberdeen away - another very difficult game and our record up there is not the best. They got a valuable point v Celtic yesterday.

24th Feb. Dundee at home - a team who are getting nosebleeds from being so high up in the table. Unlucky to lose yesterday, score goals and play as a team. We will struggle against them imo.

28th Feb. Hearts away - I think we all know whats coming there based on current form. Another derby defeat and it could be a sore one scoreline wise too.

Thats just our February games, it doesn't get any easier going into March. If we're going to change the manager it has to be now because if we wait we could very well be 9th or 10th in the league come the end of the month.

Agree with most of your points however March has us playing Ross County twice and Livingston. If that can’t be seen as getting any easier versus the next few games then we really are in the ****

Dundee have also only won 2 of their last 11, hardly world beaters despite their lofty league position

Tyler Durden
04-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Results on the pitch are not the priority for our club. It's about making a profit, however they can.

Whether it's through hospitality, stadium advertising, or player trading, they measure success on £££s made.

Since the Gordon's came in, how many players have been a success? 2 or 3 tops, out of dozens of total failures. They were quick enough to sell off Porteous and Nisbett and Doig. £££s in the bank.

Hopefully the BK deal is the first step to the Gordon's selling up completely. At least the BKs are into sports and understand that competing is kinda important.

What a load of nonsense.

We can absolutely slate them for results but what evidence is there that we’re focusing on making profits? What profits have we made?

The money that has been brought in, is all getting spent. We’re probably paying out a record wage bill. Totally squandered on the wrong players but that’s a separate point.

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2024, 12:08 PM
What a load of nonsense.

We can absolutely slate them for results but what evidence is there that we’re focusing on making profits? What profits have we made?

The money that has been brought in, is all getting spent. We’re probably paying out a record wage bill. Totally squandered on the wrong players but that’s a separate point.

It's not nonsense at all.

Melkerson is a prime example. Sold for a profit after offering nothing on the pitch. Club thinks that's a positive and something to celebrate.

We made money on the 3 players I listed.

Investments around ER are improved hospitality at increased prices, and advertising boards to bring in more money.

I didn't say the Gordon's ran off with it or benefited from it, they simply wanted it, as you stated yourself.

Nothing I've said here is nonsense :aok:

Tyler Durden
04-02-2024, 12:23 PM
It's not nonsense at all.

Melkerson is a prime example. Sold for a profit after offering nothing on the pitch. Club thinks that's a positive and something to celebrate.

We made money on the 3 players I listed.

Investments around ER are improved hospitality at increased prices, and advertising boards to bring in more money.

I didn't say the Gordon's ran off with it or benefited from it, they simply wanted it, as you stated yourself.

Nothing I've said here is nonsense :aok:

You are talking about increasing revenue. In our most recent accounts we reported a record loss. Since then we’ve spent a relative fortune on players in the summer. How does that square with you saying the Gordons are obsessed with profit?

They are growing our revenue and investing it in the team. Exactly what any informed fan would want them to do

WhileTheChief..
04-02-2024, 12:30 PM
I'm simply saying they are more focussed on bringing more money in than results on the pitch.

Everything I've seen over the last 5 years points to that.

The endless signing of players that will deliver sometime in the future instead of the here and now, which is what we've all been saying we need for years, is another example.

andrew70
04-02-2024, 12:42 PM
You are talking about increasing revenue. In our most recent accounts we reported a record loss. Since then we’ve spent a relative fortune on players in the summer. How does that square with you saying the Gordons are obsessed with profit?

They are growing our revenue and investing it in the team. Exactly what any informed fan would want them to do

Spot on.

Unseen work
04-02-2024, 12:45 PM
If there was signs of improvement yes

But there’s no been any, we were better under him the first couple of games and it seems the more time he gets with them the worse they get, hes won 5 league games since coming in. Whats that one a month?

ChuckNor
04-02-2024, 12:46 PM
Typically I’d be all for patience. However, we have yet again found ourselves with a manager who is hellbent on playing a particular system whether it works or not. Shaun Maloney did the exact same thing and he was rightly sacked for it.

Montgomery has shown no sign of changing his system to suit what he has or beat the opposition in front of him. He quite simply has to go.

Worst appointment we’ve ever made. Could not be more disappointed writing this as I really wanted this one to work more than most.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2024, 12:56 PM
If there was signs of improvement yes

But there’s no been any, we were better under him the first couple of games and it seems the more time he gets with them the worse they get, hes won 5 league games since coming in. Whats that one a month?

It had improved up until St Johnstone away on the 16th of December. That was only half a dozen games ago.

Hearts were at Parkhead the same day, we were fourth in the league and ahead of them and I remember going to the game thinking we had a chance to open up a gap on them. We lost (with the worst performance I’d seen until yesterday) and they won and since then it’s been absolutely brutal, coupled with them going on their best run in a very long time.

Whatever is happening, I just can’t see it turning now.

Unseen work
04-02-2024, 01:07 PM
It had improved up until St Johnstone away on the 16th of December. That was only half a dozen games ago.

Hearts were at Parkhead the same day, we were fourth in the league and ahead of them and I remember going to the game thinking we had a chance to open up a gap on them. We lost (with the worst performance I’d seen until yesterday) and they won and since then it’s been absolutely brutal, coupled with them going on their best run in a very long time.

Whatever is happening, I just can’t see it turning now.

Yeah granted the results had improved just before then and we won 3/4 in fairness.

However i remmeber the games we won - killie, Dundee, Livi and Aberdeen and thinking we were lucky to have won any of them. We were conceding an incredible amount of good chances.

Now teams are taking their chances against us.

Keepthefaith
04-02-2024, 01:16 PM

Except...we didn't get horsed in our 0-0 with them in last home game. The players he brought on yesterday did improve the side ( couldn't have been any worse I accept). I expect further changes to be made for weds, Levitt will be dropped, possibly youan and Tavares too. Thought ALF did ok when he came on too.

We can't bring players in to fit the managers style and then immediately sack him. All the criticism about style and effort he accepted yesterday. Pressure is on him to get the basics right going forward and he should be under pressure to deliver, but sacking now IMO is just stupidity.

The league remains tight, fixtures after Celtic will be really telling...ICT, Aberdeen, Dundee, hearts and x2 v ross county. If we get through in the cup and get 8-11 points in the league, it will feel very different.

I'm not blindly keeping the faith, just being pragmatic. Need to give him til end of the season and review ahead of the investment in new players.

Donegal Hibby
04-02-2024, 01:22 PM
Except...we didn't get horsed in our 0-0 with them in last home game. The players he brought on yesterday did improve the side ( couldn't have been any worse I accept). I expect further changes to be made for weds, Levitt will be dropped, possibly youan and Tavares too. Thought ALF did ok when he came on too.

We can't bring players in to fit the managers style and then immediately sack him. All the criticism about style and effort he accepted yesterday. Pressure is on him to get the basics right going forward and he should be under pressure to deliver, but sacking now IMO is just stupidity.

The league remains tight, fixtures after Celtic will be really telling...ICT, Aberdeen, Dundee and x2 v ross county. If we get through in the cup and get 8-10 points in the league, it will feel very different.

I'm not blindly keeping the faith, just being pragmatic. Need to give him til end of the season and review ahead of the investment in new players.

Very good post KTF 👍

Since452
04-02-2024, 01:28 PM
Yeah granted the results had improved just before then and we won 3/4 in fairness.

However i remmeber the games we won - killie, Dundee, Livi and Aberdeen and thinking we were lucky to have won any of them. We were conceding an incredible amount of good chances.

Livingston and Aberdeen games were chronic. We had the conditions at Livingston as a possible reason but Aberdeen battered us and we somehow won.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2024, 01:29 PM

I don’t think they are a great deal more than before. You think of all the 2-2 draws we’ve had in his time, we’ve fairly consistently lost goals. The Aberdeen home game was the one game where you came away wondering how we’d kept a clean sheet but Livingston was just a minging game all round which we had chances in as well. The Dundee game up there we actually played well and were cruising when Miller got a daft red.

I don’t think the big change has been on the defensive side from that point, it’s that we’ve become even less effective with the ball most of the time.

Wilson
04-02-2024, 01:31 PM
Very good post KTF 👍

Before the game JimBHibees reckoned sacking him would be moronic. After the game KTF reckons it would be stupidity. A decent downgrade. I feel like we're heading in the right direction with the hyperbole at least.

Unseen work
04-02-2024, 01:35 PM
I don’t think they are a great deal more than before. You think of all the 2-2 draws we’ve had in his time, we’ve fairly consistently lost goals. The Aberdeen home game was the one game where you came away wondering how we’d kept a clean sheet but Livingston was just a minging game all round which we had chances in as well. The Dundee game up there we actually played well and were cruising when Miller got a daft red.

I don’t think the big change has been on the defensive side from that point, it’s that we’ve become even less effective with the ball most of the time.

I think that’s the issue, every team has off days at this level on the ball or going forward but if we do we have absolutely nothing to fall back on. We don’t press teams and we don’t sit in, it’s an inbetween at a slow tempo which makes it easy for teams to play through us and difficult for us to get near the opposition.

Brizo
04-02-2024, 01:51 PM
Montgomery is part of a bigger problem that has seen our last three managers, Maloney, Johnson and him being left-field, unproven in the SPL appointments.

It's a strategy that might have worked but failed spectacularly with Maloney and Johnson and is failing spectacularly with Montgomery.

If a strategy isn't working you change it but our owners have persisted in ignoring SPL proven candidates and Monty is the third experiment appointment in a row.

My suspicion is that one of the reasons these candidates got the job was because they were prepared to agree to the recruitment departments recruitment policy which is predominately weighted in favour of loans and overseas project signings with potential sell-on value. I'm not sure any proven manager who wanted to sign tried and tested SPL players with minimal sell-on value would have been given the job.

I don't see Montgomery turning it around and would be surprised if he's here much longer. For me, however, he's a symptom of a bigger problem that lies with our owners and their player recruitment business model.

basehibby
04-02-2024, 08:16 PM
By and large I believe in giving managers time to impose their methods - it's a complex job and sometimes things take time to click into place.

Monty has had 5 months now - not a long time, but I am struggling to see anything that indicates progress on any front. The players don't look like they know what they are supposed to be doing. The tactics he insists on are resulting in monotonous dour and unproductive football with even the most humble of opponents finding numerous ways to slice through our defence.
Under LJ we were also defensively poor - but at least we usually created plenty of opportunities by getting the ball forward quickly so our attackers (and we have some good ones) could play football in and around the opposition box. Now, we seem intent on pissing about making wee triangles in our own half until we lose the ball - usually resulting in a chance for the opposition!
It is horrible to watch and hopelessly ineffective and, much as my standard mantra would be to "give him time" my guts say I've seen quite enough of "Montyball" to last me a lifetime already.

MikeyS
04-02-2024, 08:36 PM
Can only think that sounded funny in your head.

Just like the majority of his posts. Another that goes straight to belittling instead of answering posts properly.

Greensunshine
04-02-2024, 09:59 PM
My head say’s we need to give him more time, my instincts are telling me that he hasn’t got what it takes and that we’d be better off cutting our losses now.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2024, 10:00 PM
The problem now is you wouldn’t trust those in charge to make a good appointment So another new manager working with players brought in by previous three managers and failed recruitment team
We are a mess similar to Aberdeen But I would argue they do have a better squad than us
I felt like walking out at half time on sat but didn’t But I won’t be back to watch non performances like that
If we can get Boyle back on form with Cadden and Alf d he can work out best midfield from wherever now have and get right combination up top Who knows , we may improve
But at present we are in trouble and slipping down the league ,and Leaderless lacking organisation and fight and desire
Nothing suggests he can turn it round The more we get dragged nearer to second bottom team the more the pressure mounts
So I guess I have lost Patience and my Hibs Mojo
I didn’t even mention defence as we dint appear to have one ffs
We might have more money coming into the club But if we don’t get manager and player recruitment right it just gets wasted

JimBHibees
05-02-2024, 07:18 AM
You would like to think Miller Boyle and Hanlon would immediately improve the team. Was certainly one for giving patience however Saturday has moved the goalposts a bit it was so bad. Two enormous games upcoming. Has to be palpable improvement.

Greensunshine
05-02-2024, 09:48 AM
The problem now is you wouldn’t trust those in charge to make a good appointment So another new manager working with players brought in by previous three managers and failed recruitment team
We are a mess similar to Aberdeen But I would argue they do have a better squad than us
I felt like walking out at half time on sat but didn’t But I won’t be back to watch non performances like that
If we can get Boyle back on form with Cadden and Alf d he can work out best midfield from wherever now have and get right combination up top Who knows , we may improve
But at present we are in trouble and slipping down the league ,and Leaderless lacking organisation and fight and desire
Nothing suggests he can turn it round The more we get dragged nearer to second bottom team the more the pressure mounts
So I guess I have lost Patience and my Hibs Mojo
I didn’t even mention defence as we dint appear to have one ffs
We might have more money coming into the club But if we don’t get manager and player recruitment right it just gets wasted

Good post pal and I don’t blame you for not wanting to go back and watch what we are being served up. However you’ve nailed it regards getting Cads and Boyle back will hopefully change the whole dynamic of this team.
Add to the mix our new players getting more minutes under their belt, I’m optimistic about what could possibly happen but the players must now come out fighting not just to save the their skin and the managers skin but to entice the fans to come to Easter Road and start to enjoy their football once again.

WestStandWillie
05-02-2024, 09:56 AM
If we are to have patience then it's got to be a complete rebuild job. Top to bottom.

No sentimentality, no keeping players on cause they are nice - it has to be players who can play what NM is wanting to implement.

Next cluster of games defines the season:

Celtic
ICT
Sheep
Dundee
Them
County
County
Livi

Hibernia&Alba
05-02-2024, 10:11 AM
I really think we’ve been patient for years now, sticking with the club as managers have come and quickly gone. Crowds are still good, but that won’t last if the club keeps failing to give the fans cause for some optimism. If we continue producing the performances and results of recent times, attendances will start to dwindle. Leadership on and off the pitch hasn’t been good enough; we seem to lack any direction as we drift from one manager to the next every few months, and it looks like they’ve made yet another bad appointment. They have to quickly rectify the situation before it gets really toxic. The club can’t keep asking the fans to wait for better days which never arrive.

Swedish hibee
05-02-2024, 10:26 AM
As much as I'm not for Monty, these new players don't deserve the absolute abuse they are receiving on here & online. They just came to a new club! I know social media is toxic but on their first posts of being Hibs players the abuse had started and not all the abuse is from daft kids.

B.H.F.C
05-02-2024, 10:32 AM
I really think we’ve been patient for years now, sticking with the club as managers have come and quickly gone. Crowds are still good, but that won’t last if the club keeps failing to give the fans cause for some optimism. If we continue producing the performances and results of recent times, attendances will start to dwindle. Leadership on and off the pitch hasn’t been good enough; we seem to lack any direction as we drift from one manager to the next every few months, and it looks like they’ve made yet another bad appointment. They have to quickly rectify the situation before it gets really toxic. The club can’t keep asking the fans to wait for better days which never arrive.

They’re going to get a big wake up call on Wednesday because the place is going to be empty. Patience is running out for a lot of people.

I’d don’t buy the whole “they’ve got the money so don’t care” thing in this instance. Our last two home games people have been away in their thousands long before the end of the game. On Wednesday, there will be thousands missing from the start. That will worry them, particularly with renewal time just around the corner.

sean04
05-02-2024, 12:36 PM
They’re going to get a big wake up call on Wednesday because the place is going to be empty. Patience is running out for a lot of people.

I’d don’t buy the whole “they’ve got the money so don’t care” thing in this instance. Our last two home games people have been away in their thousands long before the end of the game. On Wednesday, there will be thousands missing from the start. That will worry them, particularly with renewal time just around the corner.

Be lucky if there's 10000 hibs fans there on Wednesday. Alpt of season ticket holders not going. Walk up fans aren't going to waste money to watch that. Maybe not a bad thing cos if we concede early and start getting the run around then the place will become poisonous