PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have an idea as to what our tactics were today?

PatHead
03-02-2024, 06:49 PM
I genuinely didn't have a clue what we were trying to do? Anyone help.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2024, 06:51 PM
I genuinely didn't have a clue what we were trying to do? Anyone help.Let me know if you find out.

Asking St Mirren boss what we shouldn't have done might help?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

gaz1875
03-02-2024, 06:52 PM
Second half was a free for all, still trying to guess the first half.

Carheenlea
03-02-2024, 06:54 PM
Whatever they were, they didn’t consist of trying having shots at goal.

I think for the next game we should maybe try and have some. Certainly has to be worth a try.

LunasBoots
03-02-2024, 06:55 PM
Nope, been the same for a while now, there doesnt seem to be any.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2024, 06:56 PM
Whatever they were, they didn’t consist of trying having shots at goal.

I think for the next game we should maybe try and have some. Certainly has to be worth a try.Kicking the round thing towards the big net type thing between the two sticks increases the chance of a positive outcome.

Christian Doidge tried it for his new team today.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

RIP
03-02-2024, 06:58 PM
Same as every game under Nick.

Touchline tango.

We HARDLY EVER play through the centre into the penalty box.

Skol
03-02-2024, 06:58 PM
The game today was hard to fathom and almost as bad as it has ever been. There was so much wrong, particularly first half that it’s hard to know where to start.

The formation switch seemed to be an issue and we had no actual game plan. The new signings for the most part seemed to weaken the team. Many of the players were disinterested. Youan was the worst culprit.

I have been an advocate of Montgomery and I still think he needs more time and our support. There needs to be an immediate improvement though

Tyler Durden
03-02-2024, 06:59 PM
In Monty’s first month or so, there were some noticeable patterns of play. Things like the moves that led to Tavares’s goals against Ross County at home and Dundee away. Campbells goal at St Mirren.

Since December we’ve struggled to string 2 passes together. Either the players are confused or they’ve got bored and given up.

Any manager worth their salt would have changed things today and tried to be more solid. Play for a clean sheet and hope we grab a goal. To persist with similar tactics week after week when we’re losing these goals…. He deserves the sack

B.H.F.C
03-02-2024, 07:03 PM
In Monty’s first month or so, there were some noticeable patterns of play. Things like the moves that led to Tavares’s goals against Ross County at home and Dundee away. Campbells goal at St Mirren.

Since December we’ve struggled to string 2 passes together. Either the players are confused or they’ve got bored and given up.

Any manager worth their salt would have changed things today and tried to be more solid. Play for a clean sheet and hope we grab a goal. To persist with similar tactics week after week when we’re losing these goals…. He deserves the sack

It’s no always been brilliant since he came in but the drop in performance levels since mid December has been incredible. I’m no seeing it improving any time soon, it’s just went completely to ****.

Nicho87
03-02-2024, 07:14 PM
If the manager doesn’t know how are supposed to know

Onion
03-02-2024, 07:28 PM
Nope, first thing I noticed was lack of structure and tactics. It was an unholy mess. That's all on the Manager.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2024, 07:29 PM

I say this after every game. There isn’t a clear tactic that I can see. I don’t know what style of play he’s trying to employ. I see lots of short sideways passes before someone belts it upfield; that isn’t much of a tactic.

B.H.F.C
03-02-2024, 07:31 PM
Nope, first thing I noticed was lack of structure and tactics. It was an unholy mess. That's all on the Manager.

It also comes from having such an inexperienced back four IMO. But that’s on the manager as well. I honestly can’t believe we didn’t sign a proper centre half.

The Modfather
03-02-2024, 07:32 PM
It’s no always been brilliant since he came in but the drop in performance levels since mid December has been incredible. I’m no seeing it improving any time soon, it’s just went completely to ****.

Montgomery probably isn’t going to survive, but a factor in that is the same players reverting to type IMO, which has seen off numerous managers.

B.H.F.C
03-02-2024, 07:34 PM
Montgomery probably isn’t going to survive, but a factor in that is the same players reverting to type IMO, which has seen off numerous managers.

Agree. Said elsewhere, the next guy will come in and they’ll talk about how good it is etc. Then when the going gets tough after the first couple of months they’ll disappear and it’ll all be back on the manager again.

eastterrace
03-02-2024, 07:49 PM
I’m sure the tactics are Marshall to newell who passes to obita then on to fish who squares it to Whittaker who the punts it up the field to imposter jair who loses the ball and then we are on the back foot.

random sub
03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Instead of going to Dubai the manager might have spent some time brushing up on our opponents today. St Mirren are decent and we seem to have had no plans to compete or nullify them- it was embarrassing how exposed we were

Real Emerald
03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Pick the jerseys out the bag, see what numbers appear, team chosen. Tell them to run around on the pitch passing it backwards. Then further into the game change half the team when the great St Mirren are 3 nil up. Then tells everyone that it’s not acceptable and he’ll learn from it. Groudhog Day.

hibee-boys
03-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Majority of possession…..zero shots on target first half. All too familiar tail over the last few years. Combine this with losing soft as sxxx goals and it’s pretty dreadful stuff!

Glory Lurker
03-02-2024, 08:00 PM
I love 4-4-2 because, as an old guy who has never had a clue about tactics, I know where folk are playing. The other formations baffle me and I have no idea who's doing what when I see the team lines

But I'm an old guy who knows nothing about tactics. I wouldn't listen to me.

CB Hibs 68
03-02-2024, 08:01 PM

Sorry no.Utter shambles that performance.First 45 minutes were the worst I can remember.The manager has till this time next week to sort it out or he is / should be history

Posh Swanny
03-02-2024, 08:09 PM
Same as every game under Nick.

Touchline tango.

We HARDLY EVER play through the centre into the penalty box.

And then when we do manage to get it up the other end, we're as likely to go back to halfway as we are to cross the bloody ball into the box!

Posh Swanny
03-02-2024, 08:11 PM
Whatever the tactics are, and regardless of formation or manager, a lot of games have felt remarkably similar for two and a bit years now! Centre backs passing it slowly across the pitch to 'control the game'. Needs to be better for me, Clive.

jakedance
03-02-2024, 08:16 PM
In the first couple of months you could see he was trying to put a style of play in. It was minging to watch but it was something. Today was very concerning, with a tough run of games ahead.

How come other clubs, like St Mirren, can be well drilled, fit and greater than the sum of their parts? Why can we never have that?

percy veer
03-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Under no circumstances take a shot , if you are even thinking of having a shot give ball to newell and Levitt to usher back to defence .

He's here!
04-02-2024, 10:12 AM
Folk keep saying Monty is stubbornly sticking with 442 but I actually have no idea whether that's our format or not, such is the utter incoherence to our play. Tactics? They seem non existent.

Stubbsy90+2
04-02-2024, 10:14 AM
I’ve had no idea how he expects this to be succesful since he came in the door.

Loads of folk claimed they could see what he was trying to do previously. I’d love some sort of explanation as to what he’s trying to do and how it can be successful.

BoomtownHibees
04-02-2024, 10:14 AM
I love 4-4-2 because, as an old guy who has never had a clue about tactics, I know where folk are playing. The other formations baffle me and I have no idea who's doing what when I see the team lines

But I'm an old guy who knows nothing about tactics. I wouldn't listen to me.

That you Monty?

Keith_M
04-02-2024, 10:20 AM
It's The Full Monty...

Totally exposed at the back and very little up front.

B.H.F.C
04-02-2024, 10:20 AM
I’ve had no idea how he expects this to be succesful since he came in the door.

Loads of folk claimed they could see what he was trying to do previously. I’d love some sort of explanation as to what he’s trying to do and how it can be successful.

You only need to go back six games and it had been successful, to a point. Not brilliant by any stretch, but it had us sitting in fourth place and ahead of Hearts. The drop in the performances and results since has been crazy. Yesterday wasn’t anything to do with a 442 though as there was a very clear difference in the formation. We were absolutely all over the place though, obviously.

Ronniekirk
04-02-2024, 10:32 AM
It's The Full Monty...

Totally exposed at the back and very little up front.

Nice one
I had a perfect view of our penalty booze from high in the East Itvwas a horror show It was embarrassing Could easily have onerous at half time

Greenio
04-02-2024, 10:40 AM
The game today was hard to fathom and almost as bad as it has ever been. There was so much wrong, particularly first half that it’s hard to know where to start.

The formation switch seemed to be an issue and we had no actual game plan. The new signings for the most part seemed to weaken the team. Many of the players were disinterested. Youan was the worst culprit.

I have been an advocate of Montgomery and I still think he needs more time and our support. There needs to be an immediate improvement though

There was a point early on when Youan had the ball on the touch line with a man infront of him, he then just froze and stood there with the ball as his feet, I remember just thinking, nah, this is not it at all.

I'm in the same boat that I'm still wanting to see if we can turn this around, rather than just fire ANOTHER manager and start the whole thing again, but yes, I watched the game and do understand why people are so fed up

May21/05/16
04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
When hibs get beat all negative posters post absolute drivel

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

VoltaireHibs
04-02-2024, 02:35 PM

But three of those managers (JR, SM, NM) have tried to play similar, slow paced, pass them to death football which virtually no club in Scotland can play. LJ was a kind of chaos generator and whilst it was awful at times, he did occasionally luck out and we played well at times.

So yes, the players are to blame to a degree, but so are the board as they continually hire managers that come in and ask a bunch of players to do something they just aren't capable of.

In no way on god's good earth is this team producing a performance like yesterday if we have McInnes or Robinson in the dugout, no chance. So maybe we just hire a manager that gives us that and can work with the players we have instead of some fantasy football fever dream?