PDA

View Full Version : Worse performance in years?

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2024, 03:58 PM
Over the last few years i've seen posts saying this is the worst we've played in years, and normally is just been another bad performance as bad as we've seen a lot under a few managers we have employed since the turn of the century.

BUT that today was just a complete shambles from start to finish, no idea, no quality, no chances, no creativity, no passion and no tactics from another clueless manager.

Was that the worst performance in years?

Stubbsy90+2
03-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Over the last few years i've seen posts saying this is the worst we've played in years, and normally is just been another bad performance as bad as we've seen a lot under a few managers we have employed since the turn of the century.

BUT that today was just a complete shambles from start to finish, no idea, no quality, no chances, no creativity, no passion and no tactics from another clueless manager.

Was that the worst performance in years?

Easily the worst performance post covid, arguably the worst post relegation. Shambles.

Wull
03-02-2024, 04:01 PM
I would definitely put the first half in that category

sean04
03-02-2024, 04:02 PM
Terry butcher stuff

Sparrows tongue
03-02-2024, 04:03 PM
Yes, the worst (especially the first half) for many years.

We were absolutely dreadful and our 'manager' has to go tonight.

He's here!
03-02-2024, 04:05 PM
Terry butcher stuff

We're very much on course to follow the path he took us down.

MagicSwirlingShip
03-02-2024, 04:05 PM
Terry butcher stuff

Harrowing but accurate

hibsbollah
03-02-2024, 04:06 PM
Second half was just ‘rubbish’.
But that first half…i have no words really.
The worst 45 minutes ive ever seen. I think Malkowski had a worse 45 mins than Levitt did today but its close.

Keith_M
Easily the worst performance post covid, arguably the worst post relegation. Shambles.

I think that's s fair assesment.

we are hibs
There are numerous players who played today I'd quite happily never see wear a Hibs shirt again. I've never seen a Hibs team as bad as that in the first half. It might be one of the worst halves I've ever seen from any professional football club.

AL-Qaholik
03-02-2024, 04:07 PM
Harrowing but accurate

We, occasionally, scored goals under Butcher.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2024, 04:07 PM
Considering we were at home to St Mirren, that is, I think, the worst first half I’ve ever watched at Easter Road. It was actually that bad. Unbelievable.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2024, 04:08 PM
Monty python's flying circus, clowns on a bike........

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
03-02-2024, 04:11 PM
There's a 4-0 first half hiding from Dundee at Easter Road which sticks in memory, that first half today was in similar territory.

john rossi
03-02-2024, 04:28 PM
Shocking performance team looked unfit players second to every ball this manger will get us relegated. New players looked out of their depths

andrew_dundee
03-02-2024, 04:30 PM
With no disrespect to St Mirren, they were hardly great. We made them look like Man City.

The Captain....
03-02-2024, 04:33 PM
It was utterly inept in every dept. Quite a feat even for this manager and squad of loans and non triers.

The manager should resign..he is woeful quite frankly. One of, if not the worst, in a litany of utter dross appointed by the club since Jack Ross.

What a mess we are in.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

LewysGot2
The first half, definitely as bad as its been in over a decade.

Heartless, gutless, disorganised, hiding, lazy and clueless performance.

Could go through the entire side and only one or two would get away without being ripped a new ersehole.

The 3 biggest culprits were all hooked at HT but others who stayed on the park will be out the side pronto as soon as some key personnel return.

Hanlon, Rocky, Boyler walk right back in.

However, here's the nub of it. The question marks over

a) stubborn or naive debate with a manager who refuses to yield his formation and strategy regardless of who we have available for us or who we are playing. Opposition managers will never have it so easy. He helps them plan.

b) recruitment- there's clearly no longer the attention paid and due diligence around players' character and personality any more. We've actually got mentally softer by the looks of it. Also, if you're going to play 442 your spine has to be strong, quick and hard working. But moreover the wide players need to be strong, quick and hard working too. It's failing because the 3 who were hooked today are not either good or consistent enough to get away with it. That then puts the defence under constant pressure.

c) we've spent lots but we've not got our moneys worth

If people can't identify with the players, the club we are goosed. If people don't see some semblance of improvement or improved results we are goosed.

If NM can't or doesn't change things soon then McDermott and others should be spelling it out.

I still think most folk don't want another manager to fail but tonight it's hard to see a way forward. And, aye, I'm tired, cold and very grumpy

BILLYHIBS
The 0-3 against The Rangers the other night was pretty spineless never laid a glove on them

An assortment of fringe and Development players plucked from Sunderland and Bournemouth and thrown into the melting pot with our under performing players for a baptism of fire against a battle hardened experienced St Mirren side must have been like manna from heaven for them as they quickly raced into a 0-3 lead against our confused inexperienced and disorganised rookies

That goal from the corner kick dearie me and fair play to Gogic took his goal well as our defence stood around like statues admiring his tenacity not sure about the pen would have to see it again

Monty out

skyehibee
03-02-2024, 04:34 PM
If I didn’t have a season ticket I would be nowhere near coming to watch hibs. The amount of fans we must put off with performances like that. Marketing team have some job

Ricky Bobby
03-02-2024, 04:37 PM
Terry butcher stuff

Absolutely correct.
The players have down tools under this clown.

SlickShoes
03-02-2024, 04:38 PM
Relegation season memories coming flooding back, just need one more win to be safe for about ten weeks

andrew_dundee
03-02-2024, 04:39 PM
The 0-3 against The Rangers the other night was pretty spineless never laid a glove on them

An assortment of fringe and Development players plucked from Sunderland and Bournemouth and thrown into the melting pot with our under performing players for a baptism of fire against a battle hardened experienced St Mirren side must have been like manna from heaven for them as they quickly raced into a 0-3 lead against our confused inexperienced and disorganised rookies

That goal from the corner kick dearie me and fair play to Gogic took his goal well as our defence stood around like statues admiring his tenacity not sure about the pen would have to see it again

Monty out

At least getting gubbed by Rangers is just part of playing in the SPL. Any points against them are a bonus. We shouldn't really be losing to St Mirren at home let alone losing by 3 goals.

BILLYHIBS
03-02-2024, 04:44 PM
At least getting gubbed by Rangers is just part of playing in the SPL. Any points against them are a bonus. We shouldn't really be losing to St Mirren at home let alone losing by 3 goals.

I had hope after Killie away but yet another false dawn

The buck stops with Monty and even he must be starting to get worried after that

Totally unacceptable

Last time I read the above words it was on an Aberdeen forum discussing their former Manager

I would like to think with our new investors we could get back to the days of not being afraid of the Old Firm and no I have not had a drink 😀

Criswell
03-02-2024, 05:04 PM
I can't remember a worse first-half than what we witnessed today. I only hope Bill Foley relishes a challenge because he's certainly got one with this club.

LaMotta
03-02-2024, 05:30 PM
Terry butcher stuff

Harrowing but accurate

We're very much on course to follow the path he took us down.

We, occasionally, scored goals under Butcher.

Absolutely correct.
The players have down tools under this clown.

Reckon that was actually miles worse than anything under Butcher.