PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibernian v St Mirren

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-02-2024, 12:39 PM
Such a big game after an eventful transfer window.

Lovely day for a kick-aboot.

Let’s do this :flag::flag:

ElginHibbie
03-02-2024, 12:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFacX3gW0AA9o3g?format=jpg&name=small

Some bench

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 12:47 PM

Some bench

Not enough new guys starting for me.

Seems a strange team, no out and out striker?

He's here!
03-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Probably unrealistic to expect an instant transformation with all the new faces so we may have to brace ourselves for some frustration today but I do think there's an undercurrent of optimism that things might be moving in a better direction. A win today coupled with an Aberdeen defeat would be the ideal.

Exuberance1875
03-02-2024, 12:48 PM
Whatever the question is, Jair is not the answer.

Vente needed to start today too

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 12:49 PM
Can only imagine youan upfront? Maybe mayziene

Regardless, it’s not great that your £700k striker is being dropped for a winger

BoomtownHibees
03-02-2024, 12:50 PM

Myziane?

Moulin Yarns
Probably unrealistic to expect an instant transformation with all the new faces so we may have to brace ourselves for some frustration today but I do think there's an undercurrent of optimism that things might be moving in a better direction. A win today coupled with an Aberdeen defeat would be the ideal.

Aberdeen ahead with their first shot!

eastmainsmsh
4-4-1-1 ?

neil7908
03-02-2024, 12:52 PM
No Mayenda is a huge surprise.

I'd like to see more of the new guys but many of them haven't played much football recently and probably not match fit.

Suspect we'll see a lot of subs.

Chipper1875

They ain’t fit enough to start . Boy from hertha is a centre forward. Bevan still recovering from injury

where'stheslope
Thought Levitt would be on the bench today, with all the new signings?

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 12:53 PM

I'd like to see more of the new guys but many of them haven't played much football recently and probably not match fit.

Suspect we'll see a lot of subs.Why is that a huge surprise?

He's the one player I thought was signed as purely back up?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

1875Sean
03-02-2024, 12:53 PM
Hope youan is up front, can only think Hanlon is injured not being on the bench with no further centre half there.

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 12:54 PM
Thought Levitt would be on the bench today, with all the new signings?

Was hoping for amos in his place

Callum_62
Hope youan is up front, can only think Hanlon is injured not being on the bench with no further centre half there.He's ill

Saint Hibee
Bizarre. No striker? Or Youan as striker?

BoomtownHibees

Suspect we'll see a lot of subs.

No sure it’s a huge surprise

BoomtownHibees
03-02-2024, 12:55 PM

Myziane

The Modfather

Some bench

Tavares & Youan. Levit & Newell. Disappointing not to have more new players starting and we’re still hoping some of the fundamental issues aren’t costly.

Wonder when we will finally start a new central midfielder.

Mikey_1875
Not the team I expected but there are plenty options there. I would expect Yoaun and Myziane to be swapping around a lot. Great to see Cadden and Le Fondre back on the bench.

Northernhibee
03-02-2024, 12:56 PM
Can only imagine youan upfront? Maybe mayziene

Regardless, it’s not great that your £700k striker is being dropped for a winger

We need to stop focusing on the price we paid for Vente as the truth is that after a bright start, he just doesn’t score goals and is largely anonymous.

Hopefully a spell on the bench sparks something in him as so far he’s not been good enough to guarantee a start.

neil7908
Why is that a huge surprise?

He's the one player I thought was signed as purely back up?

Hahaha, I've got him mixed up with Marcondes - ignore me 😂😂😂

Callum_62
Nice to see cadden and ALF back though

Bench looks actually usable for the first time in ages

Bevan doesn't even make the bench actually

Boyle, miller and rocky to come back in and suddenly our squad looks to have some depth

hibbie02
03-02-2024, 12:57 PM
I wish I could remember who’s who amongst the new guys. It doesn’t help when most of the names begin with M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stuart93
The starting 11 bingo can’t be helping us either

Callum_62
Hahaha, I've got him mixed up with Marcondes - ignore me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Haha, fair enough [emoji1787]

Thankfully Marcondes plays

neil7908
03-02-2024, 12:58 PM
Tavares & Youan. Levit & Newell. Disappointing not to have more new players starting and we’re still hoping some of the fundamental issues aren’t costly.

Wonder when we will finally start a new central midfielder.

Yeah I don't love that those 4 have all kept their place. All I can hope is that other new signings aren't match fit yet and we'll see more of them in the coming days.

He's here!
Aberdeen ahead with their first shot!

Not great news. We don't want finish the day in 8th.

Got a feeling Rangers may yet win the title.

Oh, Celtic level as I type...

jeffers
Wonder if Youan will be playing centrally today with Maolida wide.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2024, 12:59 PM
Levitt and Newell as the two in centre midfield is a bit of a disappointment for me.

J-C
I see the exciting midfield of Newell and Levitt starting again.

Callum_62
The starting 11 bingo can’t be helping us eitherHow is it starting 11 bingo? It's not that dissimilar to last week?

Oranje39
03-02-2024, 01:00 PM
Sky Sports showing again they could not care less about the SPFL.

Unseen work
Stunned he’s started Whittaker ahead of Megwa.

Also think Myziane should be wide left instead of Jair and Vente up top

GreenNWhiteArmy
Delighted if this means youan is up top. Never a wide man in NM's formation

Some bench. Feel for Megwa. Recalled, started then benched.

A new dawn. Cmon hibs

Callum_62
Sky Sports showing again they could not care less about the SPFL.

27667Monty's lost it

A 16 year old right back upfront and no one is upside down

Ragin.

neil7908
03-02-2024, 01:02 PM
Stunned he’s started Whittaker ahead of Megwa.

Also think Myziane should be wide left instead of Jair and Vente up top

Whittaker has had a good run of games at his age but he's struggled recently imo. Like you I'm really surprised to see him starting ahead of Megwa. Why did we bring him back from his loan if he can't get ahead a game now?

Unseen work
…………….Marshall……

Whittaker….Fish….Triantis…Obita….

Youan…….Levitt…..Newell…..Jair…..

…………..Marcondes…..
…………….Myziane….

neil7908
Monty's lost it

Ragin.

😂😂😂😂😂

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 01:03 PM
How is it starting 11 bingo? It's not that dissimilar to last week?

Vente dropped and either youan or the other winger starting up top

Hanlon missing (can’t be helped) replaced with the new CB

Megwa dropped and Whittaker, who’s flattered to deceive recently, back in

Only area that hasn’t seen a change is the same lethargic one paced midfield

Just think there’s a few big calls in the starting 11 today. Hopefully it pays off, don’t think it’ll take too long into the game to see how things are going to pan out

Paul1642
03-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Monty's lost it

Ragin.

Monty will have the last laugh when Whittaker is on a hat-trick by half time.

Paul1642
03-02-2024, 01:05 PM
I would have liked Megwa to start over Whittaker and Vente to play, probably for Jair. Otherwise probably the best team possible factoring in match fitness.

hibsbollah
03-02-2024, 01:05 PM
0% chance of rain according to the bbc. Of course, its raining. The wind is howling like anne budge

Im ****ing baltic out here.

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 01:06 PM
However, more positively, there’s a lot more options on the bench to change it

hibee-boys
03-02-2024, 01:08 PM
Same midfield that’s been bossed for weeks🤷🏼

BSEJVT
03-02-2024, 01:09 PM
Tbh I don't know what to make of that selection.

My initial reaction would be that the manager has decided he rates some players and others he does not. But the continued selection of Newall and especially Levitt would tend to dispute that.

Whittaker for Megwa/the other signing from Bournemouth is a surprise for me (The Bournemouth guy may not be fit). I don't personally think Whittaker is anywhere near ready and it is a concern for me that the manager is that stubborn as to play and potentially risk ruining him.

Having said that Megwa has been caught out a few times and appears to offer next to nothing going forward.

Vente - wont be here in the summer (and we will take a bath on moving him on)

Jair - Seems bullet proof, not sure recent performances deserve continuing starting spot

Youan - Probably the biggest surprise for me, I wouldn't have thought him to be a Monty type player

Fingers crossed it all works out

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 01:10 PM
Where's Bevan?

03-02-2024, 01:10 PM
…………….Marshall……

Whittaker….Fish….Triantis…Obita….

Youan…….Levitt…..Newell…..Jair…..

…………..Marcondes…..
…………….Myziane….

Sorry to say Whittaker Youan right hand side of team sounds like a potential disaster to me. Hope I am proved wrong.

Paul1642
03-02-2024, 01:11 PM

My initial reaction would be that the manager has decided he rates some players and others he does not. But the continued selection of Newall and especially Levitt would tend to dispute that.

Whittaker for Megwa/the other signing from Bournemouth is a surprise for me (The Bournemouth guy may not be fit). I don't personally think Whittaker is anywhere near ready and it is a concern for me that the manager is that stubborn as to play and potentially risk ruining him.

Having said that Megwa has been caught out a few times and appears to offer next to nothing going forward.

Jair - Seems bullet proof, not sure recent performances deserve continuing starting spot

Youan - Probably the biggest surprise for me, I wouldn't have thought him to be a Monty type player

Have you heard anything regarding Vente or just a hunch. I still think he’s going to come good. His first few games he was scoring every time he touched the ball. With service the goals will return.

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 01:12 PM
Sorry to say Whittaker Youan right hand side of team sounds like a potential disaster to me. Hope I am proved wrong.

Agree. I don’t think it’s worked any time they two have started down the same side.

Whittaker struggles with the lack of protection from Youan

St mirren will target that side for sure

Unseen work
03-02-2024, 01:13 PM

I know what you mean but Whittaker was very complimentary about Youan in a recent interview and how he spoke to him throughout the game

HendoDelivered
03-02-2024, 01:14 PM

Same. I know hes a young laddie but he is miles off it.

Heisenberg
03-02-2024, 01:14 PM
Same. I know hes a young laddie but he is miles off it.

Megwa has been at fault for two goals in the two games he’s started so I wouldn’t say he’s a much stronger option at present.

St Mirren will target that side though, it’s a certainty.

tamig
03-02-2024, 01:15 PM
The starting 11 bingo can’t be helping us either

Can you not just wait and see how things actually pan out without your constant doubts and moaning? I’m sure most of us are glad we appear to have decent looking options available now. I am for sure anyway.

McGruber
03-02-2024, 01:16 PM
Where's Bevan?

Extremely strange. Taking the Harbottle place in squad? Need centre backs, sign him on short term and doesn't make the bench when Rocky still away and Hanlon is ill. Is he available for selection?

BSEJVT
03-02-2024, 01:17 PM
Have you heard anything regarding Vente or just a hunch. I still think he’s going to come good. His first few games he was scoring every time he touched the ball. With service the goals will return.

No not heard anything, but don't think Monyy fancies him and he has been on a brutal run of form.

There's plenty debate on here about formations etc, but its incumbent on Vente to make the most out of what he's got and he isn't

One position you cannot persist with a totally misfiring player in is striker and its difficult to see how he turns it around as I think his chances will be limited

Donegal Hibby
03-02-2024, 01:18 PM
Bevan not even on the bench , he injured ?

JimBHibees
03-02-2024, 01:19 PM
Extremely strange. Taking the Harbottle place in squad? Need centre backs, sign him on short term and doesn't make the bench when Rocky still away and Hanlon is ill. Is he available for selection?

Maybe not yet ready to play think had injury prior to Christmas

oldbutdim
03-02-2024, 01:20 PM

According to BBC Whittaker is centre forward.

JimBHibees
03-02-2024, 01:20 PM
No not heard anything, but don't think Monyy fancies him and he has been on a brutal run of form.

There's plenty debate on here about formations etc, but its incumbent on Vente to make the most out of what he's got and he isn't

One position you cannot persist with a totally misfiring player in is striker and its difficult to see how he turns it around as I think his chances will be limited

Agree with that. Hopefully competition brings out the best in him

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 01:21 PM
Can you not just wait and see how things actually pan out without your constant doubts and moaning? I’m sure most of us are glad we appear to have decent looking options available now. I am for sure anyway.

Which I’ve also said?

Usually a more consistent starting 11 over a period of time reaps rewards as opposed to the constant chopping and changing.

Seems an odd reaction to a simple observation to be honest

B.H.F.C
03-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Which I’ve also said?

Usually a more consistent starting 11 over a period of time reaps rewards as opposed to the constant chopping and changing.

It’s only three changes from last week. One because of illness, one because a striker hasn’t been scoring and one which is a bit of a toss up.

Paul1642
03-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Which I’ve also said?

We’ve signed 7 players in the last month some of whom are still coming up to match fitness. Consistently is not a realistic option until that levels out.

tamig
03-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Which I’ve also said?

If you bring in seven new players, is it not reasonable to expect a few of them might start? Selection bingo was a strange choice of phrase.

Fuzzywuzzy
03-02-2024, 01:26 PM
Heads up - the layout of Hibs kids stuff and kiosk in FFL is a nightmare. Not much room with queues for everything

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 01:26 PM
If you bring in seven new players, is it not reasonable to expect a few of them might start? Selection bingo was a strange choice of phrase.

But even before the new players it was still a selection bingo.

Ironically I would’ve fancied amos over levitt

Hopefully today is the start of a more consistent selection

Fuzzywuzzy
03-02-2024, 01:27 PM
Confused in Levitt starting

Greenbeard
03-02-2024, 01:28 PM
Hope youan is up front, can only think Hanlon is injured not being on the bench with no further centre half there.
Obita showed he can cover left centre back pretty well.

BSEJVT
03-02-2024, 01:29 PM
Agree with that. Hopefully competition brings out the best in him

100%

It would be horrendous for us to have to write off a big chunk of that fee if we had to move him on

declan macmanus
03-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Whittaker has had a good run of games at his age but he's struggled recently imo. Like you I'm really surprised to see him starting ahead of Megwa. Why did we bring him back from his loan if he can't get ahead a game now?

Megwa has sold two goals in his two games. It’s a coin toss between him and Whittaker until we have Miller and Cadden available

Since452
03-02-2024, 01:30 PM

He's not going to claim that he's turned around Taveres's career then drop him. He's been poor for a while though.

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 01:33 PM
Win today would be massive looking at the table could finish the day in 5th

tamig
03-02-2024, 01:34 PM
He's not going to claim that he's turned around Taveres's career then drop him. He's been poor for a while though.

I wouldn’t say Jair has been particularly poor lately. Always creates at least a few chances during games. There’s a few ahead of Jair in the queue to get dropped imo but a few on here just don’t seem to rate the boy at all. Hope he scores today.

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 01:37 PM
I wouldn’t say Jair has been particularly poor lately. Always creates at least a few chances during games. There’s a few ahead of Jair in the queue to get dropped imo but a few on here just don’t seem to rate the boy at all. Hope he scores today.Agree - dont really see the Jair has been terrible argument

Even if he has a poor game on the ball he's always contributing off it

Anyway, hoping for a goal and an assist today

Hibee Mac
03-02-2024, 01:39 PM
Surprised so many are not happy with the lineup.

Myziane is a striker who can also play on the wing, he said so himself in his interview so I expect him to be upfront. Triantis, Maolida and emiliano starting should reinvigorate the team enough and we still have some quality in the remaining team.

I think Levitt will look good today with emi in front of him.

Right back is still a worry though!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
03-02-2024, 01:42 PM
Hopefully Levitt proves me and everyone else wrong.

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 01:44 PM

Myziane is a striker who can also play on the wing, he said so himself in his interview so I expect him to be upfront. Triantis, Maolida and emiliano starting should reinvigorate the team enough and we still have some quality in the remaining team.

I think Levitt will look good today with emi in front of him.

Right back is still a worry though!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Right back is a worry

There's probably an element if not wanting to start too many new players at once

Marcondes, myziane, triantis are all basically in the door

Don't think chucking in more than 3 or 4 would be wise either

In saying that I'm looking forward to seeing Amos

Up-the-slope
03-02-2024, 01:45 PM
Where's Bevan?

Told hes not playing until his pudding basin hair cut grows more Joe Newel esq and the pounce excuse of a moustache is removed .... neither Hibs class

Smartie
03-02-2024, 01:45 PM
Having praised Hibs for their January business I can’t get my head around this team.

Same midfield that has been brutally, miserably, woefully inadequate for the past couple of months. Kid at RB who clubs have been starting to target. Multiple changes across the back 4 again. Striker starts who looked poor up front from the start then outstanding off the bench out wide.

Monty’s neck is on the block, having been backed. This is the sort of selection that invites all sorts of trouble imo.

Paul1642
03-02-2024, 01:47 PM
Having praised Hibs for their January business I can’t get my head around this team.

Same midfield that has been brutally, miserably, woefully inadequate for the past couple of months. Kid at RB who clubs have been starting to target. Multiple changes across the back 4 again. Striker starts who looked poor up front from the start then outstanding off the bench out wide.

Monty’s neck is on the block, having been backed. This is the sort of selection that invites all sorts of trouble imo.

What changes would you make?

VoltaireHibs
03-02-2024, 01:47 PM
It looks to me like he's saying 'last chance' to a few of the guys holding the jerseys. They can then have no complaints if they are replaced by better. Look forward to seeing who slots in where.

Smartie
03-02-2024, 01:48 PM
Right back is a worry

There's probably an element if not wanting to start too many new players at once

Marcondes, myziane, triantis are all basically in the door

Don't think chucking in more than 3 or 4 would be wise either

In saying that I'm looking forward to seeing Amos

I get the argument about not making too many changes (I’ve been arguing that we should attempt to play a settled back 4) but I cannot understand how we can bring in several players who play midfield but not start any of them.

Jones28
03-02-2024, 01:48 PM

Square pegs in square holes and not persisting with the same midfield that has seen us be quite **** in recent weeks.

Since452
03-02-2024, 01:51 PM
Let's just see how this pans out today. Really need a good performance and hopefully a good result to go with it.

Kato
03-02-2024, 01:53 PM

Have ever read this forum before?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

LunasBoots
03-02-2024, 01:54 PM
Looks a strange line up to me, St Mirren will be well organised and a difficult team to play, lets see how it goes.

VoltaireHibs
03-02-2024, 01:54 PM
I get the argument about not making too many changes (I’ve been arguing that we should attempt to play a settled back 4) but I cannot understand how we can bring in several players who play midfield but not start any of them.

I just think that's a question of match fitness. I suspect the team on the pitch at full time will look a bit different.

Smartie
03-02-2024, 01:55 PM

Wouldn’t have dropped Megwa, kept changes to the back 4 minimal (if Hanlon is injured or ill then I’d have been tempted to play Obita CB again with Stevenson LB).

I’d have anyone in for Levitt, probably Amos. Can’t see us being competitive enough in the middle of the park, and I’m not mad on Youan at RM, especially with Whittaker behind him. The nature of Youan is that this week he’ll have a stormer in the attacking sense, and it may yet be that he’s up front with Maolida at RM, but tinkering more at the back, keeping a dreadful midfield together and making a change up front doesn’t sort out what has been a pretty f’ing awful Hibs side for the past couple of months imo.

Hope I’m wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.

Unseen work
Hibs tv working for anyone else yet?

jeffers
Not at ER today anyone having issues with Hibs TV stream ?

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 01:56 PM
The game's not even started yet folks.

Unseen work

Nothing on mine yet mate

GreenNWhiteArmy
Hibs tv working for anyone else yet?

Not as yet. St mirren tv is showing a live feed at least

Jones28
03-02-2024, 01:57 PM

FFS get it sorted Hibs

Smartie
03-02-2024, 01:58 PM
I just think that's a question of match fitness. I suspect the team on the pitch at full time will look a bit different.

Fair point.

I was a supporter of Jeggo - I think that whole unit looks a bit more robust with him in there for Levitt.

Robinson did a pretty good job on us on the opening day, when we were playing a team that looked on paper to be a decent Hibs 433/ 451 side. I expect to see us struggle in the middle of the park and get ripped down our right, just like we were that day.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-02-2024, 01:58 PM
Hibs TV channel is showing Motherwell game on my stick...

scm70nyd1973
03-02-2024, 01:59 PM
Not as yet. St mirren tv is showing a live feed at least

No HIBS Tv yet - all others not showing up except Bosh TV and it’s patchy

Donegal Hibby
03-02-2024, 01:59 PM
Surprised Monty's picked Levitt and Newell together again when its looked a poor combination . Hopefully comes good today 🤞 . Cmon the Hibees :flag:

Paul1642
03-02-2024, 02:01 PM

Not working yet but St Mirren TV is live at least.

Edit - Hibs tv on now

Moulin Yarns
03-02-2024, 02:03 PM
Have we scored yet?

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-02-2024, 02:03 PM
Jair started wide right. Youan through the middle

HendoDelivered
03-02-2024, 02:04 PM
Good 100 or so late stragglers outside ER

Stuart93
St mirren already attacking our right hand side & managed to get a couple dangerous balls in the box

Paul1642
Looks windy.

Smartie
Jair started wide right. Youan through the middle

I like that tbh.

hibsbollah
03-02-2024, 02:05 PM
Wind making it tricky.

ruthven_raiders
03-02-2024, 02:06 PM
Good 100 or so late stragglers outside ER

I haven't even reached London rd yet! Traffic is a nightmare! Picardy Place not fit for purpose....

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 02:07 PM
I like that tbh.It's certainly better for Whittaker

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 02:07 PM
Marcondes already looking good.

hibsbollah
03-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Triantis already shoving his man about. Like it.

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 02:09 PM
Lmao

SteveHFC
03-02-2024, 02:09 PM
1-0 Saints

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 02:10 PM

Ok now you can all be mad

Stuart93
Cracking start that.

****ing joke we still can’t defend a cross ball

Up-the-slope
holy moly... what a poor start

Pedantic_Hibee
16 year old right back. That’s what happens.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Not nearly sharp enough

Keith_M
03-02-2024, 02:11 PM
Defence as ***** as ever.

:rolleyes:

GreenNWhiteArmy
Weak from whoever that was on the edge of the box

cabbageandribs1875
Gogic 1-0

brydekirk

We've got another game on Wednesday remember, rotation especially among the younger players will be needed.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Dreadful defence once again

BILLYHIBS
FFS Gogic. 0-1

Paul1642
Some things never change

Joe6-2
03-02-2024, 02:12 PM
Dreadful defence once again

Surely not 🙄

Callum_62
It was poor by myziane then Obita and finally Whittaker there

Overall a poor goal to lose

Lago
Unacceptable, plus Gogic scorer.

The Captain....
***** defence yet again..they are ****ing hopeless.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 02:13 PM
Absolutely nowhere for NM to hide now after that window

We need to turn this round.

Nothing but 3 points is good enough today

Hibs90
Top class defending that.

Really good. What do they actually work on in training

GreenCastle
16 year old right back. That’s what happens.

He's 17 now but agreed.

Also been an issue all season leaking goals.

An improved Goalkeeper and backline with better midfield cover needed for ages.

scm70nyd1973
Ok - let’s see who the leaders in our team are - step up please

J-C
Terrible start, wasteful in possession and very poor defending again, looked like Fish caught standing like a statue as Gogic scored.

pollution
Believe it or not....

Heisenberg
03-02-2024, 02:14 PM
We have a relegation defence. No question about it.

cabbageandribs1875
we need more players

Callum_62
Don't forget losing an early goal takes away the fear....

[emoji51]

Smartie
03-02-2024, 02:15 PM

The fact that we could have a serious argument about whether it a relegation defence or a relegation midfield that we have is cause for concern.

Positives so far - it’s early days yet.

Callum_62
Marcus Fraser with a wee petulant kick out there at Whittaker

Should've fell over and rolled around

where'stheslope
Don't forget losing an early goal takes away the fear....

[emoji51]

At this rate we'll be playing in brown shorts for the rest of the season!!!

Stuart93

Na we signed two young CBs, we’re sorted

The Modfather
03-02-2024, 02:16 PM
Too easy to get to the bye line and any basic cross we struggle with. Oh for a defence that can do the basics.

Not In The Know
He's 17 now but agreed.

Also been an issue all season leaking goals.

An improved Goalkeeper and backline with better midfield cover needed for ages.

3 phases of poor defending. Topped of with our rookie RB being caught for the 3rd game in a row.

teams deffo targeting that area.

Heisenberg
Too easy to get to the bye line and any basic cross we struggle with. Oh for a defence that can do the basics.

Same problem all season, neither manager looking like they know how to fix it.

cubehindthegoal
03-02-2024, 02:17 PM

We need to give him a chance to find his best defence with the new players, and make it work … but at 1-0 down the doomsayers will circle … my timing here won’t be good lol .. but hey …

Callum_62
Still think we will get back into the game - I think we have good quality up top

Defence is a worry tho

BSEJVT
Just once do you think we could make the opposition score a good goal rather our ****ing chucking one in?

Callum_62
03-02-2024, 02:18 PM
Just once do you think we could make the opposition score a good goal rather our ****ing chucking one in?They will see it as a good goal

Powerful run nice drink and gogic well timed

Callum_62
No red card check there?

Looked to connect around his shin

cubehindthegoal
We've got another game on Wednesday remember, rotation especially among the younger players will be needed.

Megwa isn’t “ready” either.

edit sorry that was a reply to brydekirk… neither are … but isn’t that us giving young players some experience that they will develop from .. which some on here say we haven’t done this season

Paul1642
Couple balls across the 6 yard line in the last few minutes but no one on the end of them

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-02-2024, 02:19 PM
The most hibs thing is Gogic scoring

Stuart93
Still think we will get back into the game - I think we have good quality up top

Defence is a worry tho

We’ve been decent in attack all season seeing as we are/were the top goal scorers outside the old firm

Defence has always been the problem and remains to be seen if it’s been addressed.

BSEJVT
They will see it as a good goal

What do you think of it from a Hibs perspective?

3 opportunities to do something about it

None taken

Its hardly goal of the season material

Jpdhfc
Marcus Fraser with a wee petulant kick out there at Whittaker

Should've fell over and rolled around

ok though assistant ref had a word with him

Hibs90
03-02-2024, 02:20 PM
I think Rory needs a wee loan tbh. Nowhere near ready yet, does some things well but basic aspects of his game aren’t there.

Stuart93
Levitt giving the ball away in acres of space…yet again.

NorthNorfolkHFC
Remember everyone saying we have had an amazing window.

It’s only amazing if they’re good.

Greensunshine
Just can’t stop the ball hitting the back of our net and now we’re struggling to put it in the opposition net.

Recipe for disaster!!!!!

Time for the players to step up!

Stuart93
I think Rory needs a wee loan tbh. Nowhere near ready yet, does some things well but basic aspects of his game aren’t there.

It’s only our stubborn manager that doesn’t seem to see it

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 02:21 PM
The most hibs thing is Gogic scoring

Nah, it'd be James Scott scoring.

Callum_62
What do you think of it from a Hibs perspective?

3 opportunities to do something about it

None taken

Its hardly goal of the season materialPoor but there supporters will see it as good play

Every goal you lose will be looked at as poor from your own perspective

J-C
Levitt again brutal so far, has he actually passed it to a team mate yet, unable to do the basics here and a very disjointed performance so far.

Heisenberg
It’s only our stubborn manager that doesn’t seem to see it

Who else do we play tbf? Megwa isn’t looking up to it either.

blackpoolhibs
Get Levitt tae ****, a complete waste of a jersey.

Callum_62
Nah, it'd be James Scott scoring.Surely it's a gogic, Scott double act

[emoji51]

Diclonius
Levitt simply isn't good enough for us.

The Modfather
03-02-2024, 02:22 PM
Joe Newell getting the ball, pirouette then square pass and all momentum gone. That sums my frustration with him and the midfield up. A time and place to do it but not as the default option.

HendoDelivered
Nah, it'd be James Scott scoring.

Which will happen its so obvious 🤣

Stuart93
I’m guessing we just don’t work on passing in training? Cause it’s slack as **** constantly!!!

cubehindthegoal
We’ve been decent in attack all season seeing as we are/were the top goal scorers outside the old firm

Defence has always been the problem and remains to be seen if it’s been addressed.

Exactly … “remains to be seen” isn’t a one match thing …

Sparrows tongue
They will see it as a good goal

I think we could all do with that!

Poor goal to lose, especially to him!

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 02:23 PM
Who else do we play tbf? Megwa isn’t looking up to it either.

We bring someone in who’s better and loan megwa & Whittaker out

cabbageandribs1875
ffs Ellie pass to one of our side

easty
Who’d have thought that going out and signing 2 20 year old Centre halfs on loan wouldn’t solve our horse piss defence?

Jpdhfc
03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
levitt and youan na

Since452
More of the same garbage today so far

The Modfather
Not many pass marks the first 20 minutes.

Heisenberg
We bring someone in who’s better and loan megwa & Whittaker out

So we have three first team right backs on the books? Mental.

BSEJVT
Levitt simply isn't good enough for us.

Very poor man's Stevie Mallan

Ardenttwo
Levitt giving the ball away in acres of space…yet again.

How does this guy get a game with Hibs baffles me.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Dont you just love it when Newell plays as a 3rd centre half.

Stuart93
So, this is looking pretty pish again eh

HH81
Levitt must be on last chance saloon. Poor again.

sean04
25mins in at home in a must win game. 1 nil down. No shots on target. Jair still playing

Heisenberg
Levitt is definitely as described by Dundee United fans when we signed him. Not interested at all. Punt in the summer.

Gatecrasher
This is dug ***** already, a few decent bits of link up play mostly rubbish. Lost count the number of times the ball has been given away already.

J-C
Newell drops deep, gets it from Fish and then immediately pings it back to him, he then drops deeper and Fish squares the ball back and repeat, no wonder there's zero momentum from this team and it's scary that our manager cannot see this, we're so easy to play against.

Gmack7
Levitt will get the hook at HT

The Modfather
More of the same garbage today so far

Not enough of the new players playing. Same as always from the likes of Youan, Tavares, Fish, Levit & Newell.

Paul1642
03-02-2024, 02:26 PM
I was really looking forward to today and felt out season has been ready to take a sharp upward turn at any moment.

So far it’s not been great 🙄

berwickhibee
25mins in at home in a must win game. 1 nil down. No shots on target. Jair still playing

Jair has done nothing for weeks.

The Captain....
I’m guessing we just don’t work on passing in training? Cause it’s slack as **** constantly!!!It would be interesting to see what we do work at in training..its not shape that's for ****ing sure.

cubehindthegoal

That loan may well come I think, if we get sufficient strength in his position(s) in the summer .. I see a bigger picture strategy here, does anyone else ? Or is the short term view the only viable one ? The shorter the better .. 🙄

Jones28

Like the majority of his team mates then.

The Captain....
03-02-2024, 02:27 PM
Newell drops deep, gets is from Fish and then immediately pings it back to him, he then drops deeper and Fish squares the ball back and repeat, no wonder there's zero momentum from this team and it's scary that our manager cannot see this, we're so easy to play against.It's so frustrating to watch every week

J-C
Levitt will get the hook at HT

Again.

HH81
Doidge scored for FG.

Torto7
Powderpuff, slow and predictable utter ***** so far.

Pedantic_Hibee
Slow. Sideways. Take your time. Look up. Backwards. Sideways. Look up. Nothing. Sideways. Look up. Sideways. Don’t look up. Backwards. Look up. Misplace pass. Cough up possession.

Oh for the days of Tony Mowbray.

Dmas
03-02-2024, 02:28 PM
Not enough of the new players playing. Same as always from the likes of Youan, Tavares, Fish, Levit & Newell.

Don’t know how much longer I can watch Levitt, doesn’t offer anything body language screams doesn’t care as well

Unseen work
This is horrendous.

It’s anything but attacking football, 30 passes amongst our defence and Newell/Levitt before it goes long.

St Mirren end up outside our box within 3 passes

sean04

I'm no going back when he's playing. Pathetic

Stuart93
I’m genuinely not convinced NM will see out the rest of the season

Jones28
03-02-2024, 02:29 PM

😂😂

Pathetic indeed

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2024, 02:30 PM

I’m not convinced he’ll see out February.

RIP
St Mirren are playing like they mean business.

We are jogging around, second to every ball.

We could sign another 11 players. Its not a lack of talent that will get us relegated.

It's Montyball

cubehindthegoal
Levitt must be on last chance saloon. Poor again.

These are the things we need to explore … then deal with …

I guarantee you that if we let him go now, there’d be outcries here if he did even reasonably well elsewhere … and “make your mind up” wouldn’t salve them …

I predict he either comes good the remainder of this season .. and we are glad that we waited … or he is gone in summer (and then some can enjoy their I told you so moment)

Diclonius
Marcondes plays an underhit pass to Youan, who can easily track back and take it but lets it go out for the throw?

Keith_M
Pretty poor display so far.

Only hope is they go down to 10, which is likely...

Pedantic_Hibee
Youan and Levitt off at HT, please.

Hibs90
03-02-2024, 02:31 PM
Marcondes plays an underhit pass to Youan, who can easily track back and take it but lets it go out for the throw?

Newell was down

Paul1642
Youan and Levitt off at HT, please.

This

Diclonius

You must not go to many of our games if that's your red line.

Dmas
Has youan left that to go out cause Newell was down or just too lazy to stretch out a leg?

Torto7
I'm away back to the rugby this is utter *****.

Diclonius
Newell was down

Ah, fair.

cubehindthegoal
Very poor man's Stevie Mallan

Many called Mallon out here constantly

Not In The Know
This is horrendous.

It’s anything but attacking football, 30 passes amongst our defence and Newell/Levitt before it goes long.

St Mirren end up outside our box within 3 passes

all Levit and Newell do is pass it back to the centre half’s.

grim

not one shot at goal yet. At home. In 30 mins.

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 02:32 PM

Aye but let him get his own players in first eh

Hibs90
**** it get Lennon in for the banter

Paul1642
Has youan left that to go out cause Newell was down or just too lazy to stretch out a leg?

My initial reaction was the later but I hadn’t seen Newell was down. Bloody hope that’s the reason because otherwise inexcusable.

Stubbsy90+2
Absolutely garbage yet again.

1875Sean
Dundee and Killie winning, not looking good for top 6

Dalkeith Boy
Yank Youan NOW

Sparrows tongue
03-02-2024, 02:33 PM

Unless you’re sitting at a game typing on your phone, I’d suggest that you’re not there today either.

:na na:

jeffers
Actually glad I’m missing this. So far it’s a regret the stream started working. Pedantic summed things up perfectly. I really want Monty to succeed but he’s doing himself no favours with these performances.

HendoDelivered
Many called Mallon out here constantly

Mallan*

Hibees1973
This has been absolutely dire so far. Again.

Unseen work

St Mirren, Celtic, Caley, Aberdeen and Dundee our next run of fixtures - can’t see him getting enough out the games to last.

cubehindthegoal
You must not go to many of our games if that's your red line.

Most fans will have one player at least that they think in their mind that shouldn’t be in the team .. every single game ..:

Stuart93
Honestly I’ve seen some posters saying “I like what Montys trying to do do”

Genuinely, what is he trying to do??

Diclonius
03-02-2024, 02:34 PM
I'm not going back until our pass accuracy exceeds the Scottish Premiership median.

SteveHFC
Penalty sm

Donegal Hibby
Absolutely shocking stuff , not even a shot on there goal after half an hour 🤬

Lago
Never thought I would say this but I agree with you.

Hibs90
Levitt is dug*****.

So bad.

Paul1642
Well F***

Dalkeith Boy
03-02-2024, 02:35 PM
Absolutely garbage yet again.

Total garbage. Youan is awful as is Jair and Obita

cubehindthegoal
Mallan*

thanks … 😊 I do know and was typo lol

cabbageandribs1875
is anyone else at the point of just laughing at how poor our passing actually is

it's a waste of energy getting angry i feel

B.H.F.C
This is a disgrace. Players don’t give a ****.

The Modfather
I don’t care how unfit Amos & Moriah-Welsh are, we need them to replace Levit & Newell.

Has anyone seen Tavares & Drey Wright in the same room at the same time?

Callum_62
What the hell is that for?

No one even asked for it?

J-C
What's the penalty for?

SteveHFC
2 0

cabbageandribs1875