PDA

View Full Version : Australia v No Korea

thebakerboy
02-02-2024, 02:45 PM
Anybody know where this can be watched on now

overdrive
02-02-2024, 02:52 PM
Anybody know where this can be watched on now

Its on Triller (used to be FITE) which is a subscription service. Obviously easily available on IPTV.

Australia should have scored a minute ago.

TrinityHFC
02-02-2024, 02:59 PM
Sth Korea!

It’s on Paramount+ and Channel 10 if you have anything that will access those.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2024, 03:02 PM
Like seeing our players doing well but hope South Korea win. Would mean we have Miller and Boyle back available for the Celtic game on Wednesday.

Itsnoteasy
02-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Like seeing our players doing well but hope South Korea win. Would mean we have Miller and Boyle back available for the Celtic game on Wednesday.

They'll be f3cked after travelling 24 oors on the ✈️

B.H.F.C
02-02-2024, 03:14 PM
They'll be f3cked after travelling 24 oors on the ✈️

They’ll not be coming back from Australia, tournament is in Qatar.

Oscar T Grouch
02-02-2024, 03:14 PM
Aus take the lead 1-0 Goodwin scores

overdrive
02-02-2024, 03:52 PM
Boyle had two good chances. Header where he was unmarked. Keeper saved that and the follow up from Boyle.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 03:57 PM
Australia digging in and they really have to.

Dmas
02-02-2024, 03:58 PM
Under the cosh abit the Aussies couple of changes to freshen it up Boyle still on

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Miller coming on.

Dmas
02-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Miller coming on now

RoxburghHibs
02-02-2024, 04:07 PM
Anyone know how many international caps they both have for Australia after today?

BoomtownHibees
02-02-2024, 04:10 PM
Anyone know how many international caps they both have for Australia after today?

According to Wiki, Boyle has 28 and Miller 2. I assume those don’t include today

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:12 PM
According to Wiki, Boyle has 28 and Miller 2. I assume those don’t include today

Sure the Commentator said 6 now for Miller.

Dmas
02-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Big guy up top for Oz should have wrapped it up there, millet looking decent from the short time he’s been on read the play well to intercept and sprint up the wing with it

Dmas
02-02-2024, 04:14 PM
Boyle subbed off 5 to go

BoomtownHibees
02-02-2024, 04:15 PM
Sure the Commentator said 6 now for Miller.

Maybe including under 23 caps

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:20 PM
5 mins to hang on.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:20 PM
Maybe including under 23 caps

Possibly. Was only half listening.

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-02-2024, 04:22 PM
Penalty korea

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-02-2024, 04:22 PM
96th min

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:23 PM
Penalty SK. Really poor from miller. No need to dive in.

Dmas
Miller given away pen

1van Sprou7e
Miller gives away a penalty...

Jakhog1
Miller gives away penalty

bringbackbenny
02-02-2024, 04:25 PM
Shame but very rash from Miller

J-C

Was it a poor piece of defending or just good play by the Korean.

greenlex
1-1 96th minute. one minute left.

BoomtownHibees
02-02-2024, 04:26 PM
Miller fearful for his place in the Hibs team, desperate to get back here

1van Sprou7e
02-02-2024, 04:27 PM
The cup semi vs the sheep really ruined Miller's form

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:27 PM

Minimum needs to stay on his feet. Son wasn’t really going anywhere. Might have got a cross in but almost guaranteed to give away a foul talking like that.,

Dmas
02-02-2024, 04:30 PM

Naive, he’s made those challenges for us a few times in the box where he just needs to stand strong attacker not really going anywhere.

https://x.com/spurssglobal/status/1753469616855154928?s=46&t=Q9xj1Of6Boq0Mkc1E67TtQ

ddoc
02-02-2024, 04:31 PM

He has probably cost Australia this game as they look dead on their feet, hacking the ball anywhere to clear their lines.
South Korea are on the ascendency. Millers stupid tackle has cost Australia dearly.
Annoying as they had clear chances to finish this game off in the 2nd half.

EdinMike
02-02-2024, 04:34 PM
Ummm No Korea is a kinda distant place to the other country playing against Australia…

GreenPJ
02-02-2024, 04:38 PM
He has probably cost Australia this game as they look dead on their feet, hacking the ball anywhere to clear their lines.
South Korea are on the ascendency. Millers stupid tackle has cost Australia dearly.
Annoying as they had clear chances to finish this game off in the 2nd half.

So maybe its not Miller who has cost them but the people that missed the chances. The tackle was inches away from being a very good one and was up against a very skillful and fast player.

Broxburn Greens
02-02-2024, 04:38 PM
Ummm No Korea is a kinda distant place to the other country playing against Australia…

Distant? Thought they were pretty close to each other to be fair[emoji23]

I get what you mean though, the thread title had me confused and thinking Kim-Jong was organising the tournament!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1875Sean
02-02-2024, 04:41 PM
Not watching it but looking on twitter the Aussy fans were not too happy with Miller being on, some calling him donkey etc

Someone said he’s been on for 20 mins and gave the ball away 6 times

Unseen work
02-02-2024, 04:42 PM
Who are they playing if it’s no Korea?…

overdrive
02-02-2024, 04:45 PM
He’s given away a free kick in a dangerous area too. Think he’s struggling against the likes of Son.
And they score from the free kick.

RMQ1967
Miller foul again 🫣

Dmas
Not watching it but looking on twitter the Aussy fans were not too happy with Miller being on, some calling him donkey etc

I thought he’d done ok but he’s just given a free kick on edge of the box where they have scored from again so his night is getting worse

Torto7
02-02-2024, 04:46 PM
I don't think Miller can play RB at a high level he's far too slow. He'd suit playing on the right in a back three imo.

overdrive
02-02-2024, 04:46 PM
Australia had plenty of chances to score at 1-0. Combination of that and Miller giving away two fouls have cost them.

ddoc
02-02-2024, 04:47 PM

Gave away a free kick on the edge of the box, SK score. He is not having a great game.

JohnM1875
02-02-2024, 04:47 PM
Got to feel for the laddie. He’ll no doubt get slaughtered for it online after the game. Hope it doesn’t affect him too badly. He’ll be feeling worse than anyone else about it.

Since90+2
02-02-2024, 04:48 PM
I don't think Miller can play RB at a high level he's far too slow. He'd suit playing on the right in a back three imo.

Don't think he's that slow, certainly not once he gets going. It's his game intelligence and positional sense that lets him down.

Saying that, South Korea are a more than decent international side. He's not going to be playing against that level of opposition most weeks in the SPL.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2024, 04:50 PM
I'm glad Millers had a nightmare, means we get Boyle back.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:52 PM
I think most players would struggle against Son but he’s having a nightmare. Penalty aside nit horrendous but I hope it doesn’t dent his confidence too much.

Malthibby
02-02-2024, 04:55 PM
Don't think he's that slow, certainly not once he gets going. It's his game intelligence and positional sense that lets him down.

Saying that, South Korea are a more than decent international side. He's not going to be playing against that level of opposition most weeks in the SPL.

True, but the specifics of the faults the Aussie fans are pointing out are very familiar, diving in & continually giving the ball away is pretty much what we
were seeing before he went over. He seemed much better initially though so maybe there's still something to work with.
Shame for the Aussies.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:55 PM
As an aside didn’t like the Korean boy double fist pumping the sending off. Lacks that wee bit class.

1875Sean
02-02-2024, 04:59 PM
True, but the specifics of the faults the Aussie fans are pointing out are very familiar, diving in & continually giving the ball away is pretty much what we
were seeing before he went over. He seemed much better initially though so maybe there's still something to work with.
Shame for the Aussies.

i know some like him but I have doubts he his good enough for us

1van Sprou7e
02-02-2024, 05:01 PM

Well also probably get a worse version of miller than the one we had. Two fouls to lose his country the chance of a cup

Torto7
02-02-2024, 05:01 PM

The Celtic winger tore him apart for pace. Is Son playing for S Korea? He's rapid as well.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 05:03 PM
You are not alone.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2024, 05:12 PM

He’s got real competition now for right back
Megwa
Cadden
Whittaker
Bevan

greenlex
02-02-2024, 05:13 PM
All over. The lads are on their way home.

sauzee1989
02-02-2024, 05:13 PM
Good news!!

Billy Whizz
02-02-2024, 05:14 PM

The Aussie Hibs Players didn’t get a winter break. Wonder if they’ll get some time off

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2024, 05:14 PM
Well also probably get a worse version of miller than the one we had. Two fouls to lose his country the chance of a cup

I dont rate him highly anyway, he's had a couple of very good games for us, but he's in the main very average to poor.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 05:16 PM
The Aussie Hibs Players didn’t get a winter break. Wonder if they’ll get some time off
Wouldn’t have thought so. Their playing schedule wasn’t exactly taxing and the weather decent. I reckon it’ll be straight back to business after a day or so to recover maybe.

Rumble de Thump
02-02-2024, 05:19 PM

They've just had a jolly in Qatar.

Forza Fred
02-02-2024, 05:19 PM
Miller overstretched for a tackle and the resultant penalty knocked the stuffing out of the Socceroos.

It was a naive challenge, I think he’ll admit that himself, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I hope his confidence is not too badly dented…he’ll get pelters on social media …….but hopefully he can bounce back for us.

Since90+2
02-02-2024, 05:22 PM
The Celtic winger tore him apart for pace. Is Son playing for S Korea? He's rapid as well.

I'm not sure what you're specifically talking about, but I'd not say pace is his biggest issue. He seems to cover the ground fairly well over a distance.

PatHead
02-02-2024, 05:25 PM

Hope not.

Since90+2
02-02-2024, 05:26 PM
He’s got real competition now for right back
Megwa
Cadden
Whittaker
Bevan

If Cadden gets back fit I'd have him ahead of Miller every day of the week.

Miller would be ahead of the other 2 for me at the moment.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2024, 05:31 PM
If Cadden gets back fit I'd have him ahead of Miller every day of the week.

Miller would be ahead of the other 2 for me at the moment.

Agree with this. We’re well stocked in that position but it’s more quantity than quality.

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-02-2024, 06:20 PM
Sorry for exit aussie hibees

Looming forward to having Boyler back though

Hibees1973
02-02-2024, 06:32 PM
Miller is a prime example of our thoroughly lamentable scouting network over the last few years. Just hope our signings in this window are better and the scouts have learned from previous disasters.

I watched Miller when he came on and he was completely out of his depth. Watching his poor positioning and rashness, just in a different coloured jersey.

He can be good on a rare occasion, but is mostly naive and unreliable.

If Hibs manage to be successful in the next few years Miller won't be in the side.

Forza Fred
02-02-2024, 06:43 PM
Miller is a prime example of our thoroughly lamentable scouting network over the last few years. Just hope our signings in this window are better and the scouts have learned from previous disasters.

I watched Miller when he came on and he was completely out of his depth. Watching his poor positioning and rashness, just in a different coloured jersey.

If Hibs manage to be successful in the next few years Miller won't be in the side.

Is there anything you like about Hibs?

matty_f
02-02-2024, 07:03 PM

The scouting is that bad he’s just been away to play in a major tournament with his country. Yes, he’s had a bad game but there will be loads of players wishing they were good enough to even get a game at that level.

HoboHarry
02-02-2024, 07:04 PM

Fechin yaaawwwwnnnnnn......:blah:

Exuberance1875
02-02-2024, 07:08 PM

Agree with this, don’t think he’s good enough to be a Hibs player on a consistent basis.

So naive and too busy getting involved with other players etc.

Blaster
02-02-2024, 07:11 PM

Well said mate. He’s also having a needless pop at Hanlon & Stevenson on the Team for St Mirren thread. Gets tedious

Ringothedog
02-02-2024, 07:11 PM

I would suggest absolutely nothing, every post is a dig at Hibs. I can understand being frustrated with our club but not every second of every hour.

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2024, 07:22 PM

I agree with this don’t think he looks like a natural football player

Has he ever considered Aussie Rules ?

J-C
02-02-2024, 07:53 PM
I'm not surprised Miller's had a stinker, I've had my doubts about him for a while and this type of performance has been typical recently, poor passing, reckless and needless challenges.

Hibees1973
02-02-2024, 08:18 PM
There's a real touchy lot on here at times.

Not just me, but others have given an honest assessment of Miller's performance tonight. There is no point in sugar coating it. When this is done some posters just don't like it, then aim criticism back at the poster.

This is a forum to give views on Hibs related topics and other things at times.

I post positive things about Hibs as well, when it is merited.

JimBHibees
02-02-2024, 09:29 PM
Miller overstretched for a tackle and the resultant penalty knocked the stuffing out of the Socceroos.

It was a naive challenge, I think he’ll admit that himself, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I hope his confidence is not too badly dented…he’ll get pelters on social media …….but hopefully he can bounce back for us.

Hope so just done by a world class talent in Son. Like Lewis but certainly seems to have had a dip in form. No reason he can’t get back to his best.

JimBHibees
02-02-2024, 09:30 PM
The scouting is that bad he’s just been away to play in a major tournament with his country. Yes, he’s had a bad game but there will be loads of players wishing they were good enough to even get a game at that level.

Exactly

Greenio
02-02-2024, 10:07 PM
Miller is a quality player. Look what level he's at at a young age. Aye, bad game....up against one of the best players in the world!

Mad folk think he's 'not good enough for hibs' imo

Paul1642
02-02-2024, 10:14 PM
Miller is a quality player. Look what level he's at at a young age. Aye, bad game....up against one of the best players in the world!

Only 23. Think folk often overlook that.

Exuberance1875
02-02-2024, 10:23 PM
I’m just not sure what miller brings to the team that makes me go “wow he’s a real player”

Ideally in the summer right back is a position we look to improve on, if Megwa still isn’t ready

B.H.F.C
02-02-2024, 10:24 PM

I don’t think he’s terrible but he’s shown nowhere near enough to be considered quality for me. At his age, the real quality players are away from us. He’s had the occasional really good game but he’s been her a year and a half now and needs to show a lot more.

One of our players though and I hope he gets over this disappointment quickly.

1875Sean
02-02-2024, 10:28 PM

The thing is it’s not just one bad game, he has more bad games for Hibs than good this season, the game against hearts especially was a stand out! Think he has only played as many games due to injury to Cadden.

THESHIP
02-02-2024, 10:31 PM
I’m just not sure what miller brings to the team that makes me go “wow he’s a real player”

Ideally in the summer right back is a position we look to improve on, if Megwa still isn’t ready

Agree with this as for me there is still some serious question marks over Chris Cadden.

DinkyTwo
02-02-2024, 10:38 PM

If Hibs manage to be successful in the next few years Miller won't be in the side.Huge exaggeration.

Miller has typically been very good when I've watched him play.

The games where he hasn't been, he's been targeted and isolated, with little support from his team mates

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Paul1642
02-02-2024, 10:46 PM

Athleticism

Brooster
02-02-2024, 11:12 PM
Can't say I'm surprised at this. Mistiming tackles and diving in have cost us too.

patlowe
03-02-2024, 12:21 AM
The thing is it’s not just one bad game, he has more bad games for Hibs than good this season, the game against hearts especially was a stand out! Think he has only played as many games due to injury to Cadden.

Funny you say that as I would say that performance against Hearts was a standout for the opposite reason - he'd been so effective prior to that this season. Not perfect of course but he'd made huge strides from a very raw novice to one of the better full backs in the league. Would be insane to write him off at this stage.

VoltaireHibs
03-02-2024, 01:37 AM
Miller looks to me like he took up football quite late in relative terms. He seems to lack a lot of the basics. That's not to say he won't come good at some point but I said elsewhere, he looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn't make it in that sport. He'll struggle for game time if we go up a level, but he'll also find another club no problem.

I'd rather see us give Megwa a bit more protection and a run of games as he looks like he has a brighter future. Just the pace of the SPL maybe catching him out a bit. But the basics are all there.

Forza Fred
03-02-2024, 04:16 AM
Miller looks to me like he took up football quite late in relative terms. He seems to lack a lot of the basics. That's not to say he won't come good at some point but I said elsewhere, he looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn't make it in that sport. He'll struggle for game time if we go up a level, but he'll also find another club no problem.

I'd rather see us give Megwa a bit more protection and a run of games as he looks like he has a brighter future. Just the pace of the SPL maybe catching him out a bit. But the basics are all there.

Who else do you reckon ‘looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn’t make it in that sport’ and apart from Miller, how do we recognise them?

HoboHarry
03-02-2024, 04:31 AM
Who else do you reckon ‘looks like an Aussie Rules player who didn’t make it in that sport’ and apart from Miller, how do we recognise them?
Well obviously he'd be holding his didgeridoo and recklessly flinging boomerangs around the place. I think.

Forza Fred
03-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Well obviously he'd be holding his didgeridoo and recklessly flinging boomerangs around the place. I think.

That’s what I thought….I just wanted confirmation from an expert in such things who can readily recognise them and not confuse them with failed rugby league players, basketballers or water polo players.

HoboHarry
03-02-2024, 04:49 AM
That’s what I thought….I just wanted confirmation from an expert in such things who can readily recognise them and not confuse them with failed rugby league players, basketballers or water polo players.
If he was really with it of course he'd be wearing a Stetson supplied by Hobo Harry obviously. And none of those cork on a string thingy's hanging in the front either....

EskbankHibby
03-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Maybe we should be looking to support one of our young internationalists who will be getting pelters from elsewhere?

Had good games and bad games but he has my support as he wears the green and white.

Fergos
03-02-2024, 09:00 AM
Maybe we should be looking to support one of our young internationalists who will be getting pelters from elsewhere?

Had good games and bad games but he has my support as he wears the green and white.

Totally.

matty_f
03-02-2024, 09:15 AM

100%. Thankfully haven’t seen much of it on here but across social media there are folk who are absolutely relishing the opportunity to tell everyone who bad he is and I can't get my head around that.

When we've got players away on international duty I'm always quite proud that Hibs are represented, and even though I'm not bothered about how their countries do, individually I want them to do well and certainly don't want them to screw up.

Lewis will be getting it to tight from the Australian press and fans, if anything now is the time for us to wrap our arms around him and make sure he's ok and supported.

Donegal Hibby
03-02-2024, 09:32 AM

100% . He should be getting our support rather than kicking him when he's down . Millers a good player with plenty of potential who is just going through a dip in form like alot of players do , the lads only 23 and will come good again 👍

Cuikyhibs
03-02-2024, 09:42 AM
He is getting it tight on social media, the lad will be low...we should be backing him 100%

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2024, 09:42 AM

Every player is a quality player, some better quality than others. Miller is a very confident lad who has had a couple of very good games, but he's normally involved in some awful defending, dives for fouls when he should be strong, and contributes very little.

He's 23 now, very raw and needs to improve quickly or he will be out the door. We are short in right backs at the moment, and he appears to be the best of a bad bunch, albeit we have two young ones and a loan who's preference is centre back.

I dont see a future long term for him.

The Baldmans Comb
03-02-2024, 10:26 AM
Miller sold that game completely with his rash tackling and lack of awareness but it's a level way above what he faces on the SPL so he isn't going to be exposed to the same extent.

If Hibs are planning to make a sustained challenge for third place on a regular basis then the question has to be asked if there are better full backs out there who will improve the team within the new wage structure and I think there are.

TrinityHibby
03-02-2024, 11:48 AM
100%. Thankfully haven’t seen much of it on here but across social media there are folk who are absolutely relishing the opportunity to tell everyone who bad he is and I can't get my head around that.

When we've got players away on international duty I'm always quite proud that Hibs are represented, and even though I'm not bothered about how their countries do, individually I want them to do well and certainly don't want them to screw up.

Lewis will be getting it to tight from the Australian press and fans, if anything now is the time for us to wrap our arms around him and make sure he's ok and supported.

Excellent post Matty, Lewis will be hurting at the moment so doesn’t need any more abuse when he returns to Scotland.

VoltaireHibs
03-02-2024, 12:15 PM

The physique, the tight shorts, the haircut...just cut the sleeves off the shirt and he's there. Also the rampaging around without appearing to know where his man is etc. He's just, generally, a very ungainly player. As I stated, he looks like he took football up later than most. A bit like when you see a boxer that never fought amateur, it shows in their performance.

VoltaireHibs
03-02-2024, 12:17 PM

Jeezo mate, chill out, it was just an observation. Throw another prawn on the Barbie, have yourself a nice cold Fosters and try not to be so defensive.