PDA

View Full Version : 12-Point Swing to Hibs in 11 Days

King Cosell
02-02-2024, 12:14 AM
Right, hear me out. The gap is 16pts, we don't lose any ground over the next 3 games, Hearts have got Rangers (a) & Celtic (h) either side of the derby, if we can beat them it could be 3 straight defeats for them. We've got Dundee (h) & Ross County (h), then our game in hand against Ross County (a).

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

The momentum is now with us, with 9 games remaining, and the last derby's at ER.

pepe
02-02-2024, 12:23 AM
Right, hear me out. The gap is 16pts, we don't lose any ground over the next 3 games, Hearts have got Rangers (a) & Celtic (h) either side of the derby, if we can beat them it could be 3 straight defeats for them. We've got Dundee (h) & Ross County (h), then our game in hand against Ross County (a).

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

The momentum is now with us, with 9 games remaining, and the last derby's at ER.
Positivity. I like it, let’s have more

VoltaireHibs
02-02-2024, 01:42 AM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

It's certainly an idea...

heid the baw
02-02-2024, 05:11 AM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

Hearts have taken more points from their last 6 games than the uglies. We keep dropping points due to conceding soft goals.
I'd settle for top 6 and a decent cup run to be honest.
This current Hibs side are nowhere near good enough to play group stage European football at any.level.
The rest of the season allows is to look closer at Montgomery and also the Bournemouth connection. We desperately need a clear out and thankfully that has already started.
I am.pretty positive about things.going forward and feel that our form will pick up, but the points gap is already too big and hearts form isn't t going to collapse.
I think hearts could potentially be looking at 7 points from these 3 fixtures and if we also managed 7 points from 4 fixtures it would be significant progress from our current form of 5 points from 6 fixtures

Tambo
02-02-2024, 06:04 AM
I love the positive post, time now for the players we have to step up on a consistent basis.

There is not many games left to go, so we need to start winning and building momentum now, 3 points and a good performance will be nice Saturday, 3 points only will do though.

JimBHibees
02-02-2024, 06:13 AM
Boringly one game at a time

ShetlandHibby
02-02-2024, 06:15 AM
We’ve won 6 games in 6 months and you have us winning 4 in 11 days! Love the positivity mate but we need to be realistic here. On top of that hearts have got more points in the last 11 games that we’ve managed all season. I think we’ve added some decent players and got rid of some dross but only time will tell. I’m not too keen on having so many loan players.

B.H.F.C
02-02-2024, 06:47 AM
We’ll no catch Hearts because we’ll no be consistent enough but it’s worth remembering how quickly it changed. It’s only 5 games ago, for us, that we were ahead of them. We’ve only actually lost one more game than them, the draws have killed us and will probably continue to do so.

ScottB
02-02-2024, 06:55 AM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

I’d say the momentum could be with us, if we start winning, it ain’t with us yet!

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2024, 07:01 AM
I’d say the momentum could be with us, if we start winning, it ain’t with us yet!The poster is saying the momentum would be with us after those games if his scenario came to pass.

brydekirk
02-02-2024, 08:27 AM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

Great stuff, some positive thoughts.

Shrekko
02-02-2024, 09:22 AM
These threads generally age very badly but 10/10 for optimism!

BILLYHIBS
02-02-2024, 09:24 AM
It’s Hibs we are talking about

No one can predict anything with any confidence

Hibee Daft
02-02-2024, 09:25 AM
If we get some consistency 3rd is still there, thats a big if though.

where'stheslope
02-02-2024, 09:44 AM
Not sure if this is optimism or delirium?
There are other games to play before the ones quoted, will it still be a 16 point gap by the time these games come around???
Prefer one game at a time!!!

jamie_1875
02-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Top 6 is our aim now, should be easily done but don't see us catching that lot.

Does Scotland have the same number of European places this season? Can we sneak into the Europa League with 5th place?

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2024, 09:50 AM
Top 6 is our aim now, should be easily done but don't see us catching that lot.

Does Scotland have the same number of European places this season? Can we sneak into the Europa League with 5th place?

Same as last season, 5th place gets into the Conference League qualifying if 1st/2nd/3rd wins the cup.

SlickShoes
02-02-2024, 09:51 AM
I’ll be happy if we can win one game before I think about winning any more beyond that, nice positivity though

Stevie Reid
02-02-2024, 09:53 AM
I wish we could write off Hearts' chances against the OF so easily, but they've already beaten Celtic at Parkhead this season. They were also 1-0 up at Ibrox going into the 90th minute back in October as well, albeit they collapsed at the end.

Loving the positive vibes, but they've a decent run of fixtures before we even get to the group of games in the OP. We just need to start picking up as many points as we can from here on in, and make sure that we're in the hunt for Europe. Think we should be aiming to win every home game, Celtic aside, from now until the split.

DIXIHIBS
02-02-2024, 09:53 AM
I hope some of the comments on here are tongue in cheek. Weve won 6 games all season. Hopefully the new signings will improve things and safely secure top 6....maybe even push for 4/5th...but 3rd? I know hertz collapsed spectacularly last season but no one has the consistency to challenge them this year. There's optimism but come on.

lugz
02-02-2024, 09:54 AM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

Genuine question, when was the last time we won 4 league games on the bounce?

Donegal Hibby
02-02-2024, 10:01 AM
We have to face facts in 16 points is to big a ask to pull back considering they are grinding out results and we have been inconsistent. Thirds gone ! . Hopefully we go on to get 4th ( qualify for Europe) and get a decent run in the cup . Admire the positivity though 👍

Greensunshine
02-02-2024, 10:05 AM
I’ve got to be honest, I’d be happy just to see our new signings hit the ground running and for us to be more solid at the back.
That’s it, that’s all I want.
Do this and we’ll start to win a lot more than we lose.
We need to stop with this ridiculous manager merry go round we’re currently stuck on.
Lapsed supporters might start to come back to Easter Road once again in their numbers.

What doesn’t bare thinking about is that the loan signings don’t gel and that we remain a a jekyll & Hyde team who are mocked by every commentator regards how soft we are at the back.
We sack yet another manager and start the whole process again.

Hibernian Verse
02-02-2024, 10:06 AM
Genuine question, when was the last time we won 4 league games on the bounce?

No idea but we won 4/5 under Monty where the loss came at Parkhead. It's doable.

wookie70
02-02-2024, 10:09 AM
Win on Saturday and take it from there. At least some action has been taken this window as it was never going to work with the squad we had. Might not with a group of loaners either but there is some hope now

LaMotta
02-02-2024, 10:16 AM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

But both teams have 3 games each before the games you talk about, and Hearts have the easier fixtures there.

Cod Boy
02-02-2024, 10:28 AM
Hibs already failed to beat Dundee and county at home this season

Greensunshine
02-02-2024, 10:35 AM
Win on Saturday and take it from there. At least some action has been taken this window as it was never going to work with the squad we had. Might not with a group of loaners either but there is some hope now

I can’t deny I’m a bit worried about how many loans we’re bringing in, however I do think this is an emergency situation were the team we have are going nowhere and that these guys might help strengthen key areas.
Obviously next season will be a completely different story. Hopefully less loans with more quality signings.
The jury is out for me at the minute.

Jones28
02-02-2024, 11:02 AM
I give a leg for this to happen, unfortunately they’re riding the crest of a wave and have kept Shankland which is probably as good a window as they could have hoped for.

We will take a bit of time to gel, for new players to find their feet and to settle the defence most importantly.

I think we will have a strong end to the season though.

bod
02-02-2024, 11:24 AM
Just win our games & when others drop points let’s see where we end up

chrisski33
02-02-2024, 11:38 AM
History says that even if Hearts drop points we rarely take advantage. Need to concentrate on us and take one game at a time. 3rd is out of our reach this season.

MelbourneHibees
02-02-2024, 12:58 PM
Let's just wait and see how the new guys actually gel as a team first. 7 new men in. That's almost an entire outfield team.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 01:44 PM
Guy starts a positive thread and there’s more negativity on it than positivity. I expect the usual culprits to be all over it shortly.

Sparrows tongue
02-02-2024, 02:19 PM
I love the theory. :thumbsup:

Not easy, but we can do it. They can’t keep on scraping lucky wins in the second half and relying on bawheid to bail them out.

Come on the Hibees.

ps. We will stuff them in the Derby, we are due one!

Ronniekirk
02-02-2024, 03:19 PM
Guy starts a positive thread and there’s more negativity on it than positivity. I expect the usual culprits to be all over it shortly.

I think the reality for some fans is thst they don’t think we are capable of achieving that type of swing yet and we now have more players to integrate into the team and get to know style of play expected etc
But tomorrow gives us the chance to get three points on the board and I will be there expecting that to happen

Stubbsy90+2
02-02-2024, 03:48 PM

And you’re on the negative threads being positive usually. What’s your point?

It’s a forum for sharing opinions. If the threads were to be kept seperate and you were only to post on a thread if you agree with the sentiment to say ‘aye I agree’ with the OP then the forum would be a complete waste of time.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 03:55 PM
And you’re on the negative threads being positive usually. What’s your point?

It’s a forum for sharing opinions. If the threads were to be kept seperate and you were only to post on a thread if you agree with the sentiment to say ‘aye I agree’ with the OP then the forum would be a complete waste of time.

The points pretty obvious FFS.

darwenhibby
02-02-2024, 04:04 PM
For once we have a positive positive about Hibs
Well done original poster
We now hopefully have better players
Seen Hibs 11 points behind and caught them before
If these new players are up to the standards we expect and with regulars coming back we might just do it
I would settle for 4th and winning the Scottish Cup
Now that would be something special
Especially after how on consistent we’ve been
GGTTH

Stubbsy90+2
02-02-2024, 04:06 PM
The points pretty obvious FFS.

The point is that you don’t want people to post opposing opinions.

Defeats the whole point of a forum.

Since90+2
02-02-2024, 04:07 PM
3rd won't happen. Absolutely no chance we win enough games to claw back 16 points. Shankland will score enough goals to keep them ticking along.

4th and winning the Scottish is the ultimate aim. We have a very winnable tie next and then we are into the quarters, avoid the OF in that round and it's game on.

The odds of us winning the Scottish are low but I'd say it's more likely than getting 3rd from our current position.

Hibrandenburg
02-02-2024, 04:08 PM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

I can see results improving but nowhere near to that extent.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:09 PM
The point is that you don’t want people to post opposing opinions.

Defeats the whole point of a forum.

There’s opposing opinions and needless negativity. We’ve just signed 7 new players who look on the face of it a considerable upgrade and still they come. Why? Theres no need IMO. Such a drag. It’s almost like they can’t wait to get the negative vibe going.

Sparrows tongue
02-02-2024, 04:10 PM
For once we have a positive positive about Hibs
Well done original poster
We now hopefully have better players
Seen Hibs 11 points behind and caught them before
If these new players are up to the standards we expect and with regulars coming back we might just do it
I would settle for 4th and winning the Scottish Cup
Now that would be something special
Especially after how on consistent we’ve been
GGTTH

This is a new one!

:na na:

Stubbsy90+2
02-02-2024, 04:11 PM
3rd won't happen. Absolutely no chance we win enough games to claw back 16 points. Shankland will score enough goals to keep them ticking along.

4th and winning the Scottish is the ultimate aim. We have a very winnable tie next and then we are into the quarters, avoid the OF in that round and it's game on.

The odds of us winning the Scottish are low but I'd say it's more likely than getting 3rd from our current position.

:agree:

Hearts are on course for 69 points over a full season. The lowest points total for third place since the Premiership began is 57. Even just to hit 57 we’d need 31 points from 48 with 12 of those points being against the Old Firm. Unfortunately it’s never happening, we’d be as well discussing the fact we could still win the league.

The Scottish Cup is the only way we could get the groups.

Stubbsy90+2
02-02-2024, 04:13 PM
There’s opposing opinions and needless negativity. We’ve just signed 7 new players who look on the face of it a considerable upgrade and still they come. Why? Theres no need IMO. Such a drag.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’m not sure people saying we’ve no chance of catching Hearts when they’re 16 points clear with 16 games left is ‘needless negativity’. It’s realism.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 04:15 PM
We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’m not sure people saying we’ve no chance of catching Hearts when they’re 16 points clear with 16 games left is ‘needless negativity’. It’s realism.

I’ll rest my case with your last two efforts above. Cheer up eh.

Malthibby
02-02-2024, 05:08 PM

Hearts are on course for 69 points over a full season. The lowest points total for third place since the Premiership began is 57. Even just to hit 57 we’d need 31 points from 48 with 15 of those points being against the Old Firm. Unfortunately it’s never happening, we’d be as well discussing the fact we could still win the league.

The Grim Reality of Arithmetic.
Booooo.

Since90+2
02-02-2024, 05:18 PM
I’ll rest my case with your last two efforts above. Cheer up eh.

Wed have to win 6 games just to overtake Hearts, that's if they never won another game in that entire timeframe.

We've won 6 games in 22 matches this season so far.

Being realistic isn't being negative. It's being realistic.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 05:42 PM
Wed have to win 6 games just to overtake Hearts, that's if they never won another game in that entire timeframe.

We've won 6 games in 22 matches this season so far.

Being realistic isn't being negative. It's being realistic.

All well and good but surely you could be “realistic” less often, less enthusiastically and if possible away from threads trying to get a bit of positivity going. Too much to ask? Just like this thread you just can’t let it go. Like I said cheer up man.

Win the two games against hearts and that’s two of them won and two of theirs lost. See it’s easy to be positive.

Is It On....
02-02-2024, 05:51 PM
Being in the Top 6 when the league splits is the key priority for me

Since90+2
02-02-2024, 05:56 PM
All well and good but surely you could be “realistic” less often, less enthusiastically and if possible away from threads trying to get a bit of positivity going. Too much to ask? Just like this thread you just can’t let it go. Like I said cheer up man.

Win the two games against hearts and that’s two of them won and two of theirs lost. See it’s easy to be positive.

You're confusing me with a poster of a similar name now.

I've already said the aim is winning the Scottish. Given our record in that particular competition, id say that's being overly positive.

darwenhibby
02-02-2024, 06:05 PM
This is a new one!

:na na:

Very sorry inconsistent ffs

King Cosell
02-02-2024, 06:31 PM

Hearts are on course for 69 points over a full season. The lowest points total for third place since the Premiership began is 57. Even just to hit 57 we’d need 31 points from 48 with 12 of those points being against the Old Firm. Unfortunately it’s never happening, we’d be as well discussing the fact we could still win the league.

Put like that, it sounds almost impossible.

But if you say win both derbies and the game in hand and the gap's 7pts with 13 other games to play, it sounds feasible.

Obviously I think Hearts will finish 3rd but I'm not throwing the towel in.

greenlex
02-02-2024, 07:43 PM
You're confusing me with a poster of a similar name now.

I've already said the aim is winning the Scottish. Given our record in that particular competition, id say that's being overly positive.
My bad.:greengrin You might get an invite to my parties.

degenerated
02-02-2024, 08:05 PM

The odds of us winning the Scottish are low but I'd say it's more likely than getting 3rd from our current position.Where's the spirit, where's the guts?

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour........?

greenlex
02-02-2024, 08:08 PM
Where's the spirit, where's the guts?

Wasn’t over till the japs annexed Austria and invaded Poland.

Jones28
02-02-2024, 08:13 PM
Wasn’t over till the japs annexed Austria and invaded Poland.

And the Spanish sided with the japs.

ddoc
02-02-2024, 08:49 PM
And the Spanish sided with the japs.

And Hitler cancelled Operation Barber something.

Never seen a history thread on here before:wink:

Stanton Spence
02-02-2024, 10:20 PM
Where's the spirit, where's the guts?

The yanks will nuke them for that

jamie_1875
03-02-2024, 02:37 PM
Well not quite sure about this 4 wins in 4.....still time I guess.

Smartie
03-02-2024, 04:08 PM
Coming back to this thread is a bit like coming back to a nice, warm glass of milk a week later.

Stuart93
03-02-2024, 04:10 PM
It’s threads like this that keep the “happy clappers” phrase relevant

Stubbsy90+2
03-02-2024, 04:11 PM
Needless negativity rather than realism to not get on board with this though, of course.

Itsnoteasy
03-02-2024, 04:11 PM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

Can't see there being a derby at ER

Glory Lurker
03-02-2024, 04:14 PM

Aye, that's where we are. Our season is now all about trying to get into the top six. Pathetic.

He's here!
03-02-2024, 04:17 PM

That's one positive I guess.

Greenwich_Hibby
03-02-2024, 04:23 PM
Our sole focus is on extending the gap with RC and Livi, anything else can wait. With the lack of fight in this team and the ineptitude in management, that will be job enough. I don't see BK sacking him. Feels very much Jim Duffy, surive year 1 paper over cracks and relegate year 2. I hope I'm wrong.

1875Sean
03-02-2024, 04:34 PM
Quick delete this thread

Ronniekirk
03-02-2024, 06:34 PM
I said when this was first posted we are just not capable to doing it But today was so embarrassing I could of left at half time ffs

Crab apple
03-02-2024, 06:38 PM
Our sole focus is on extending the gap with RC and Livi, anything else can wait. With the lack of fight in this team and the ineptitude in management, that will be job enough. I don't see BK sacking him. Feels very much Jim Duffy, surive year 1 paper over cracks and relegate year 2. I hope I'm wrong.

Livi are doomed but RC are only 7 points behind us with a game in hand. I wouldn't fancy today's team in a play off battle.

He's here!
03-02-2024, 06:44 PM
Thread has aged well in just a couple of days.

lyonhibs
03-02-2024, 07:34 PM
This OP proving to be as chronically daft as I think we all knew it was going to be from the word go 😂

ChuckNor
03-02-2024, 08:08 PM
Under the current management this thread was always doomed for failure. If Jack Ross was in charge, or maybe Neil Lennon, characters with the Glaswegian winning mentality, perhaps it would have been possible. Sadly we have a manger intent on sticking to a system, not intent on winning. 🏆

Hibees1973
03-02-2024, 08:14 PM
We all maybe get a bit deluded at some point to varying degrees.

Admin. Do us all a favour and delete this thread. The initial post was sent by someone who clearly hasn't been to see Hibs at any point this season.

Today's result should consign this thread to the bin and prevent the initial poster from any more embarrassment.

LaMotta
04-02-2024, 01:29 AM

Being positive is one thing - being downright naïve is another. Cynicism is a far more sensible position to take in life than being naïve.

gbur123ukgb
04-02-2024, 04:47 AM
Someone please check on this guy , either too much beer or he is suffering from delusions .
Be lucky to get 12 points rest of the season never mind out those games the way we are playing.

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

Itsnoteasy
04-02-2024, 09:49 AM

Hearts LLL - 0pts
Hibs WWWW - 12pts

What's your next David Icke theory.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2024, 10:35 AM
These threads generally age very badly.

Certainly looking like it

Keith_M
04-02-2024, 10:36 AM
So this went well....

Nicho87
04-02-2024, 10:37 AM
Out of interest where can I pick up these drugs so I can get some too ease the pain

Is It On....
04-02-2024, 10:42 AM
Livi are doomed but RC are only 7 points behind us with a game in hand. I wouldn't fancy today's team in a play off battle.

They play us twice before the split...

LewysGot2
04-02-2024, 10:43 AM
They play us twice before the split...

Twice in 4 days :agree: