PDA

View Full Version : Good podcast

xbar81
28-01-2024, 08:40 PM
I dabble in these BBC ones but often I have to turn them off after a few minutes due to yamism or Willie miller, but this one is quite good.

Pat Nevin and Tom English are the best pundits. The presenter is ok but then he has to remain impartial. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0h7jzzd

Bridge hibs
28-01-2024, 09:27 PM
I dabble in these BBC ones but often I have to turn them off after a few minutes due to yamism or Willie miller, but this one is quite good.

Pat Nevin and Tom English are the best pundits. The presenter is ok but then he has to remain impartial. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0h7jzzdTom English ? I would rather listen to my Wife for an hour, and thats ****ing painful 😡

xbar81
28-01-2024, 09:37 PM
Tom English ? I would rather listen to my Wife for an hour, and thats ****ing painful 😡

Okkkk.. what is wrong with him? Irish accent aside

scm70nyd1973
29-01-2024, 06:11 AM
Okkkk.. what is wrong with him? Irish accent aside

Sorry but he is a huge Poppy Pilferer lover - during the relegation fiasco he was so up Budge’s jaxi it defied belief.

Carheenlea
29-01-2024, 07:16 AM
This is a good podcast too

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-interlopers/id1475373282

Trinity Hibee
29-01-2024, 07:18 AM
Sorry but he is a huge Poppy Pilferer lover - during the relegation fiasco he was so up Budge’s jaxi it defied belief.

Also shows utter contempt for Hibs. dragged the Jack Ross dismissal on for far too long on the radio, said Hibs were holding out for too much for John McGinn etc. talks *****

xbar81
29-01-2024, 11:28 AM
Also shows utter contempt for Hibs. dragged the Jack Ross dismissal on for far too long on the radio, said Hibs were holding out for too much for John McGinn etc. talks *****

we can all get it wrong. I was referring to what he said recently and generally he's one of the better ones.

Would you rather have willy miller or richard gordon?

Pat Nevin was good too

Mcbizz1998
29-01-2024, 11:32 AM
Tom English, knows as much about Scottish football as he does about Rugby......hee haw! Can't stand the jambo loving weirdo.

No idea why some Irish bloke gets to talk down Scottish sport, funded by the taxpayer!

xbar81
29-01-2024, 11:34 AM
Tom English, knows as much about Scottish football as he does about Rugby......hee haw! Can't stand the jambo loving weirdo.

No idea why some Irish bloke gets to talk down Scottish sport, funded by the taxpayer!

He's not a jambo as far as I know, will stand corrected if that's found out though.

So I was kind of right that people don't like him cause he's irish or has an irish accent.

Michael Stewart it is then

Mcbizz1998
29-01-2024, 11:39 AM
He's not a jambo as far as I know, will stand corrected if that's found out though.

So I was kind of right that people don't like him cause he's irish or has an irish accent.

Listen to his thoughts about Hearts when they were "demoted" during the covid season, when finishing in last place!

I don't dislike anyone due to where they are from or their accent. I dislike him as a pundit because he talks complete nonsense most of the time, and talks down Scottish sport whenever he gets the chance (particularly on the Scottish Rugby Pod).

xbar81
29-01-2024, 11:44 AM
Listen to his thoughts about Hearts when they were "demoted" during the covid season, when finishing in last place!

I don't dislike anyone due to where they are from or their accent. I dislike him as a pundit because he talks complete nonsense most of the time, and talks down Scottish sport whenever he gets the chance (particularly on the Scottish Rugby Pod).

i can't remember what he said 3 years ago about Hearts but there were some wild stuff going around. The Yams were unlucky that the pandemic happened when it did, but if they are bottom when the league is called, then they should go down - as they did.

One thing Tom English said he's prepared to admit he was wrong about var. Says he was crying out for it. Now it's here he said it has to go. Not many admit they are wrong, Michael Stewart would never

Mcbizz1998
29-01-2024, 11:46 AM
i can't remember what he said 3 years ago about Hearts but there were some wild stuff going around. The Yams were unlucky that the pandemic happened when it did, but if they are bottom when the league is called, then they should go down - as they did.

One thing Tom English said he's prepared to admit he was wrong about var. Says he was crying out for it. Now it's here he said it has to go. Not many admit they are wrong, Michael Stewart would never

I will listen to the podcast, always like listening to Pat Nevin. Thanks for posting, I'll stop ranting about English :hilarious

xbar81
29-01-2024, 11:48 AM
I will listen to the podcast, always like listening to Pat Nevin. Thanks for posting, I'll stop ranting about English :hilarious

aye. :-). i only said this particular podcast was quite good. Doesn't mean they all are when it changes daily from the same link.

JimBHibees
29-01-2024, 11:50 AM

So you completely ignored all the comments about his behaviour when Hearts were last relegated for being bottom of the league

xbar81
29-01-2024, 11:51 AM
So you completely ignored all the comments about his behaviour when Hearts were last relegated for being bottom of the league

from 3.5 years ago?? I don't know what he said sorry.

Hiber-nation
29-01-2024, 11:55 AM
from 3.5 years ago?? I don't know what he said sorry.

You make it sound as if it was before you were born. Another nice try though :aok:

xbar81
29-01-2024, 11:58 AM
You make it sound as if it was before you were born. Another nice try though :aok:

nice try what? really don't know what you are talking about. Course I was born but I don't recall listening to podcasts a lot back then.

Carheenlea
29-01-2024, 12:00 PM

:agree:

Yes, really can’t be doing with the Irish. What have they ever done for us?

Anthony Soprano
29-01-2024, 12:56 PM
Tom English hahahaha

xbar81
29-01-2024, 12:58 PM
Tom English hahahaha

So pat Nevin was ok? They were both in agreement

scm70nyd1973
29-01-2024, 01:02 PM
:agree:

Yes, really can’t be doing with the Irish. What have they ever done for us?

Was he the guy that introduced irrigation and being able to walk the streets safe at night - v good but what else has he ever done for us eh 🤔

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2024, 02:17 PM

Yes - I do believe he’s been contacted by Guinness for his longest on-air interview bid for the director of Communications at Hearts during COVID.

xbar81
29-01-2024, 02:25 PM
Yes - I do believe he’s been contacted by Guinness for his longest on-air interview bid for the director of Communications at Hearts during COVID.

did it help them? :-)

Del Boy
29-01-2024, 05:06 PM
Tom English is a clueless bell end, Christ knows why he’s a regular fixture on sportsound. I’ll be in the minority here but I can’t actually be arsed with Nevin either.

Carheenlea
29-01-2024, 05:41 PM
Tom English is a clueless bell end, Christ knows why he’s a regular fixture on sportsound. I’ll be in the minority here but I can’t actually be arsed with Nevin either.

As much as I enjoyed reading his book to start with, I must admit the constant reminders of how much more intelligent and culturally superior he was compared to his teammates did wear a bit thin towards the end.

Haven’t heard him on the radio for quite a while, but 5 Live seemed to be his main outlet.