PDA

View Full Version : If Lennon is still interested...

California-Hibs
27-01-2024, 03:28 PM
Then get him in! Let's give him a call and see. Unreal how poor we are under this dinosaur. Johnson needed to go but unbelievable Montgomery has made us even worse!

CallumLaidlaw
27-01-2024, 03:30 PM
Then get him in! Let's give him a call and see. Unreal how poor we are under this dinosaur. Johnson needed to go but unbelievable Montgomery has made us even worse!

Nah let’s go and get a manager that wasn’t pretty dreadful for half his time at us previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
27-01-2024, 03:35 PM
F3ck that

Greensunshine
27-01-2024, 03:35 PM
Rumours linking him with the Ireland job

Northernhibee
27-01-2024, 03:36 PM
Let’s not.

Keith_M
27-01-2024, 03:38 PM
Oh god, no this again!

:rolleyes:

Renton1875
27-01-2024, 03:40 PM

Good grief, no thanks.

Hibs90
27-01-2024, 03:43 PM
The year is 2095 and some Hibs fan is calling for the return of a man who left us in 8th place after a horrendous run, all because he did an aeroplane against Rangers once

Pagan Hibernia
27-01-2024, 03:43 PM
Nah let’s go and get a manager that wasn’t pretty dreadful for half his time at us previously.

I don't want him back but this is just nonsense. There were about three or four bad months maximum out of two and a half years

WhileTheChief..
27-01-2024, 03:44 PM
There's no way he could do any worse than Maloney, LJ or NM.

Definitely worth the call.

ScottB
27-01-2024, 04:03 PM
Christ this is worse than the endless bring back Riordan demands. Give it a rest.

Diclonius
27-01-2024, 04:04 PM
Lmao

Keyser Sauzee
27-01-2024, 04:04 PM
There's no way he could do any worse than Maloney, LJ or NM.

Definitely worth the call.

Is that the criteria, as long as he doesn’t do worse than previous managers then it’s worthwhile??

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-01-2024, 04:05 PM
There's a reason despite the number of vacancies in Scotland and England he's still out a job

1van Sprou7e
27-01-2024, 04:06 PM
The year is 2095 and some Hibs fan is calling for the return of a man who left us in 8th place after a horrendous run, all because he did an aeroplane against Rangers once

I think it's more because his reign was the last time it was genuinely fun to be a Hibs fan (before it went to **** obviously)

But yeah not the guy to take us forward tbh

Vault Boy
27-01-2024, 04:06 PM
Oh ****, here we go again

Diclonius
27-01-2024, 04:07 PM
Season 2051-52, Hibs just lost a game.

hibs.net: "Could 80 year old Neil Lennon, who hasn't managed in over two decades, do a job for us?"

JohnM1875
27-01-2024, 04:07 PM
Lennon will be nowhere near the Hibs job again, especially with the new investment

WhileTheChief..
27-01-2024, 04:12 PM
Is that the criteria, as long as he doesn’t do worse than previous managers then it’s worthwhile??

Improving on what you've got, and had recently, seems a sensible and decent place to start :aok::aok:

Northernhibee
27-01-2024, 04:14 PM
Neil Lennon took over a midfield of McGinn, Fyvie, and McGeouch and left us with the likes of Mallan and Slivka.

We don’t need his prehistoric management style here.

Hibs90
27-01-2024, 04:16 PM
I think it's more because his reign was the last time it was genuinely fun to be a Hibs fan (before it went to **** obviously)

But yeah not the guy to take us forward tbh

Not really.

We played turgid football in the championship. It was dull as ****.

He had a good second half of our first season up after some lucky recruitment.

When tasked with building his own squad it very quickly went to ****.

lyonhibs
27-01-2024, 04:17 PM
Nope.

Been there, done that.

Crunchie
27-01-2024, 04:56 PM
Neil Lennon took over a midfield of McGinn, Fyvie, and McGeouch and left us with the likes of Mallan and Slivka.

We don’t need his prehistoric management style here.
:agree: 14 draws out of 36 games in the championship, pumped out of 2 cups at home from QOS and St Midden, but he's a winner right enough :confused:.

Since452
27-01-2024, 05:06 PM
I don't think ex managers coming back is the solution. I'd love Jack Ross back but things are rarely as good second time around. The circus around Lennon would put me off. When it was good it was great but equally as bad the other way.

Dalianwanda
27-01-2024, 05:07 PM

and lennon left us in a pristine state…he can’t build a team, he can inherit a team, have them play decent for a bit, run out of ideas & blame everyone else when it goes wrong….then have a meltdown & **** off or be punted.

Pagan Hibernia
27-01-2024, 05:09 PM
Not really.

"Lucky recruitment"... how immature.

He should be criticised when the signings and results were crap, and he should get credit when the signings and results were good.

His reign was a genuinely mixed bag, and I don't think he should manage hibs again.

Saint Hibee
27-01-2024, 05:10 PM
Yep, bring him back. The last time we played with any passion and urgency was under him.

Northernhibee
27-01-2024, 05:15 PM
Yep, bring him back. The last time we played with any passion and urgency was under him.

The last time we did that we had McGinn. After we left him we were insipid and Lennon ended up leaving but not leaving but wasn’t sacked.

badabing67
27-01-2024, 05:15 PM
Lennon will be nowhere near the Hibs job again, especially with the new investment

Exactly and neither should McInnes. Wouldn't say no Mowbray back though or even Michael ONeill. Just have to dream on I suppose.

scm70nyd1973
27-01-2024, 05:21 PM
Let me think about it - nah - computer says naw anyhoo

Eyrie
27-01-2024, 05:25 PM
No.

DarlingtonHibee
27-01-2024, 05:37 PM
Let me think about it - nah - computer says naw anyhoo

It's a no for me

Cat Stanton
27-01-2024, 05:40 PM

California is six hours behind. So this was sent late on a Friday evening, I can only assume after quite a few shandies. Remember - never drink and post! It's bad for your wellbeing - and for the wellbeing of everyone else who has to read this nonsense yet again!

CallumLaidlaw
27-01-2024, 05:40 PM
Not really.

Absolutely bang on

DarlingtonHibee
27-01-2024, 05:43 PM
California is six hours behind. So this was sent late on a Friday evening, I can only assume after quite a few shandies. Remember - never drink and post! It's bad for your wellbeing - and for the wellbeing of everyone else who has to read this nonsense yet again!

Brilliant 👏 😆

Jones28
27-01-2024, 05:44 PM
"Lucky recruitment"... how immature.

He should be criticised when the signings and results were crap, and he should get credit when the signings and results were good.

His reign was a genuinely mixed bag, and I don't think he should manage hibs again.

God this is so balanced. It will never catch on.

Irish_Steve
27-01-2024, 05:58 PM
What's Lexo up to these days - maybe he could field his grand-children

BILLYHIBS
27-01-2024, 06:47 PM
Nope

neil7908
27-01-2024, 07:03 PM
Dear God no. What's the definition of insanity again?

houstonhibbee
27-01-2024, 07:03 PM
8 hours behind.....

babahibs
27-01-2024, 07:06 PM
Na

TelaStella
27-01-2024, 07:10 PM

I’d rather Mcinnes but is that really all you can remember mate?

Eyrie
27-01-2024, 08:00 PM
No.

Actually, now that I've had time to think about it ...

Definitely no.

Wilson
27-01-2024, 08:01 PM
Dear God no. What's the definition of insanity again?

Derek McInnes.

Hibernia&Alba
27-01-2024, 09:42 PM
No, we need to move on, not look back. If Monty doesn’t cut it, going back to Lennon won’t be the answer.

Northernhibee
27-01-2024, 09:49 PM
I think some also forget how it ended with Lennon and for me, he’s not welcome back in any staff capacity going forward.

Brightside
27-01-2024, 09:51 PM
Astounding the love in he gets. Thankfully we and most other clubs are bigger than Lennon.

JohnM1875
27-01-2024, 09:56 PM
Astounding the love in he gets. Thankfully we and most other clubs are bigger than Lennon.

Probably an age thing, but the end to that season under Lennon was easily the most exciting I've ever experienced as an adult ST holder. Aye, I absolutely remember how it ended and fully appreciate the talent he had in the team. But I genuinely don't think I'll ever forget that season.

Actually think he's a good guy as well when he's mentally at it. Won't be Hibs manager again though.

Pagan Hibernia
27-01-2024, 10:05 PM
Probably an age thing, but the end to that season under Lennon was easily the most exciting I've ever experienced as an adult ST holder. Aye, I absolutely remember how it ended and fully appreciate the talent he had in the team. But I genuinely don't think I'll ever forget that season.

Actually think he's a good guy as well when he's mentally at it. Won't be Hibs manager again though.

An exhilarating four months, no question

Cat Stanton
27-01-2024, 10:24 PM
8 hours behind.....

Even more drinking time then...

HoboHarry
28-01-2024, 04:21 AM
Even more drinking time then...

Six hours here right enough, we got diddled....

greenlex
28-01-2024, 08:11 AM
Whatever the question is Lennon isn’t the answer.

Greenworld
28-01-2024, 09:27 AM
It's the first window and look at the quality and quantity of players coming in. In about 4 weeks we will be flying might be a bit hard going till then but you can see the quality of the guys signed so far . All the existing players will need to up there game now . Gone are the days of playing every week regardless

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

xbar81
28-01-2024, 09:35 AM
Whatever the question is Lennon isn’t the answer.

last hibs manager with passion?

Northernhibee
28-01-2024, 09:41 AM

Outwith Calderwood, every Hibs manager has had passion.

Eyrie
28-01-2024, 09:47 AM
Actually, now that I've had time to think about it ...

Definitely no.

And having slept on it ...

Absolutely no.

greenlex
28-01-2024, 10:17 AM

I think your confusing passion with being an out of control wee Radge.

Bridge hibs
28-01-2024, 10:21 AM

🤣 passion dont ya know, he done an aeroplane thingy on the pitch against the rangers 😀

Since452
28-01-2024, 10:21 AM

Yeah it wasn't passion it was anger issues. Will never forget him screaming in the face of the ref/lino at Rugby Park. Utter cringe.

Jones28
28-01-2024, 10:23 AM
Yeah it wasn't passion it was anger issues. Will never forget him screaming in the face of the lino at Rugby Park. Utter cringe.

His scrap with Jim Duffy was embarrassing as well.

eastmainsmsh
28-01-2024, 10:28 AM

Feelgood factor when Lenny was here a buzz around club and matchdays would have him back def

Bridge hibs
28-01-2024, 10:33 AM
Feelgood factor when Lenny was here a buzz around club and matchdays would have him back def

So would winning games

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2024, 10:34 AM

Yup, too often NL was the story. All managers have passion, they just display it in different ways.

I wonder if that lad at Liverpool fancies a hobby job until he decides what club to go to next. Probably one of only two or three managers in the world who could interview clubs when he's looking for a job :greengrin

xbar81
28-01-2024, 10:34 AM
Yeah it wasn't passion it was anger issues. Will never forget him screaming in the face of the ref/lino at Rugby Park. Utter cringe.

Then why do some want him back?

Since452
28-01-2024, 10:38 AM

I can see why some do. The second half of that season was exceptional before it became a slow, horrendous car crash. People usually remember the positives and forget the negatives. People never mention how bad it was towards the end of McLeish's time, they just think of Sauzee and Latapy, or the hidings Mowbray took from Hearts etc. Easy to look back through rose tinted specs

500miles
28-01-2024, 10:39 AM

Because they can identify with grown men prone to temper tantrums.

CockneyRebel
28-01-2024, 10:40 AM

To put the Lennon saga into in to context - IMO if you fail miserably at Celtic with their budget and fanbase, why would you want him back? Possibly get a short term "new manager lift" but medium to long term? - a gamble too far.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2024, 11:00 AM
There's a reason despite the number of vacancies in Scotland and England he's still out a job

It's because Brendan Rodgers currently has it.

xbar81
28-01-2024, 11:04 AM
Because they can identify with grown men prone to temper tantrums.

😀😀😀

Jones28
28-01-2024, 11:14 AM

They have good memories of the good times and have forgotten what end-stage Lennon was actually like.

O'Rourke3
29-01-2024, 04:55 PM
His scrap with Jim Duffy was embarrassing as well.To be fair was Duff Jimmy that started it. Deflecting all the officials after a brutal tackle on the half way line.
Lennons last season was brutal.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
29-01-2024, 04:59 PM
And having slept on it ...

Absolutely no.

How about now?

huggie1875
29-01-2024, 05:21 PM
Lennon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

have a word with yourselves ffs 🤣🤣

jakeshibs
29-01-2024, 07:15 PM

Nah to Lennon he had us eight in the league prior to dumping us, he can stay away

Eyrie
29-01-2024, 07:46 PM
How about now?

Hmmm ...

No.

But thanks for asking :)

WhileTheChief..
29-01-2024, 08:10 PM

I enjoyed going to ER when he was there. Probably my favourite time as a Hibs fan.

Even the bad times were infinitely better than what we had under under Maloney or LJ.

If NM leaves for whatever reason, I'd at least like it if the club spoke to him. A good few years will have passed, people and things change.

WeeRussell
29-01-2024, 08:35 PM
No. No. And absolutely not.

Northernhibee
29-01-2024, 08:36 PM
If Celtic hadn’t appointed Neil Lennon there’s every chance that Sevco wouldn’t have won their league title and Celtic would be on eleven in a row.

The fact he got outfoxed by Steven Gerrard shows how poor a manager he is as soon as he’s not got the best squad in the league and has to build his own.

Pagan Hibernia
29-01-2024, 08:39 PM
I enjoyed going to ER when he was there. Probably my favourite time as a Hibs fan.

Even the bad times were infinitely better than what we had under under Maloney or LJ.

If NM leaves for whatever reason, I'd at least like it if the club spoke to him. A good few years will have passed, people and things change.

Unlike most here by the looks of it I enjoyed the 16/17 championship season. There were a number of draws, yeah, but never had the tiniest doubt we'd go up, as champions. We also put up a decent scottish cup defence (and swatted hearts aside as if they were an annoying fly). The feel good factor from the previous year was palpable.

Season 17/18 - some silly lost points in the first half but a thrilling adventure. Two derby wins (should have been three -Olly Shaw), two wins at ibrox, soke stellar performances against celtic, 5-3 against killie, 5-5 against rangers. Finished 4th, somewhat disappointingly.

Season 18/19. A respectable mini European run. A good start. Challenging near the top in October.
Then it all fell apart. Last three months were dire (apart from another win against celtic and a well earned point at ibrox).

I remember the time fondly, mostly. But it's done. In football, going back to a previous manager is very rarely ever the answer. And lennon divides people like few others.

Donegal Hibby
29-01-2024, 09:19 PM
Really don't understand why folk would want Lennon back after the way it all ended ! .

xbar81
29-01-2024, 09:34 PM
Rumours linking him with the Ireland job

Which part of Ireland?

JimBHibees
29-01-2024, 09:39 PM
Which part of Ireland?

The big bit.

VoltaireHibs
29-01-2024, 11:02 PM
I don't think ex managers coming back is the solution. I'd love Jack Ross back but things are rarely as good second time around. The circus around Lennon would put me off. When it was good it was great but equally as bad the other way.

Serious question - what did you enjoy about the Jack Ross period? Third place aside (and I know that's a good achievement) but did you actually enjoy watching us?

VoltaireHibs
29-01-2024, 11:09 PM
With Lennon I was definitely engaged more in Hibs, but you kinda knew how it would end. The guy has, or had, serious anger issues. Thanks for the absolutely cracking 4 months and for always looking like we were up for it against the two cheeks, but it would be a hard nope from me re his return. Also, with the new investment he just wouldn't get a look in, too old school in his style.

Since452
30-01-2024, 07:50 AM

Maloney yes but the second half of last season under LJ was actually pretty enjoyable. Far more enjoyable than the worst of Lennon.

Mcbizz1998
30-01-2024, 08:03 AM
I had a lot more fun watching Hibs when Lenny was in charge, that's for sure! Can see why some want him back, Hibs are an absolute bore nowadays. He knew how to win a derby match as well!

Mcbizz1998
30-01-2024, 08:14 AM
:agree: 14 draws out of 36 games in the championship, pumped out of 2 cups at home from QOS and St Midden, but he's a winner right enough :confused:.

Hang on, I don't want Lennon back but are the 2 cups you are referring to the league cup v QoTS where he had been in charge for a total of 3 games (including Brondby x 2) and the St Mirren game.....in the Scottish Challenge Cup?? :hilarious

You did very well at wording that to make it sound a lot worse than it actually was. Lennon went on to be a good manager beyond both of those results which came very early in his Hibs tenure, one of which in a cup that nobody gives a **** about.

flash
30-01-2024, 08:21 AM
I had a lot more fun watching Hibs when Lenny was in charge, that's for sure! Can see why some want him back, Hibs are an absolute bore nowadays. He knew how to win a derby match as well!

We don't look very boring to my eyes with the new additions.

Mcbizz1998
30-01-2024, 08:31 AM
We don't look very boring to my eyes with the new additions.

In the 2 games so far? A heavy and predictable home loss, followed by a come back win with the help of a red card. I'm hopeful things will turn but 2 games, neither a win, isn't indicative of a trend.

Bridge hibs
30-01-2024, 08:36 AM
In the 2 games so far? A heavy and predictable home loss, followed by a come back win with the help of a red card. I'm hopeful things will turn but 2 games, neither a win, isn't indicative of a trend.

Or a comeback against a decent killie team on a ***** pitch in which we scored 2 crackers and should have scored a third at the death

Mcbizz1998
30-01-2024, 08:40 AM
Or a comeback against a decent killie team on a ***** pitch in which we scored 2 crackers and should have scored a third at the death

A positive take on things, and maybe correct but it's still 1 game. Will need a lot more than that to get me excited about Hibs again.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2024, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know the meaning of "knee jerk"?

cubehindthegoal
30-01-2024, 08:54 AM

Let’s go the whole hog this time though .. get him back as player manager 😂 … I swear, you got to bellyache laugh sometimes 🤣😂 Lennon and dinosaur in the same post, with not a hint of sarcasm 😆

xbar81
30-01-2024, 10:33 AM
Get Ian Murray in and give him time.

Mad that people want Lennon back, Don't think i'd want any old manager back other than Tony Mowbray

Pat Fenlon anyone? :-)

badabing67
30-01-2024, 10:37 AM

Mad that people want Lennon back, Don't think i'd want any old manager back other than Tony Mowbray

No but I would take Mowbray back in a heartbeat, if he was available

xbar81
30-01-2024, 11:38 AM
No but I would take Mowbray back in a heartbeat, if he was available

well what is auld monkey heed doing now then? Left Sunderland and Blackburn recently

Haymaker
30-01-2024, 11:56 AM
well what is auld monkey heed doing now then? Left Sunderland and Blackburn recently

Just took over the Birmingham and doing well by all accounts. Not that it is hard to do well after Rooney.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2024, 11:59 AM

You're not even trying now.

HoboHarry
30-01-2024, 12:01 PM
About as childish as it gets. Behave.

VoltaireHibs
30-01-2024, 12:19 PM

Auld monkey heed, aye?

Think you just did your big reveal.

Donegal Hibby
30-01-2024, 12:22 PM
Just took over the Birmingham and doing well by all accounts. Not that it is hard to do well after Rooney.

Thought it was a strange decision to replace Eustace with Rooney , Mowbray will do well there . I read John Parks that was at Hibs has joined him too .

badabing67
30-01-2024, 12:37 PM

Pat Nevin was waxing lyrical at a Sunderland game about their style of play. Bet he would love Mowbray back at Hibs

WeeRussell
30-01-2024, 02:50 PM
Auld monkey heed, aye?

Think you just did your big reveal.

Again?

JimBHibees
30-01-2024, 04:17 PM

Very yammish

#2 Double Tap
30-01-2024, 04:19 PM
After mowbrays huddle on his return to Easter road, he can go gtf. Nout quite like being petty haha

LaMotta
30-01-2024, 08:19 PM

:bye:

He's here!
30-01-2024, 08:26 PM
Again?

😄

He's here!
30-01-2024, 08:39 PM
Pat Nevin was waxing lyrical at a Sunderland game about their style of play. Bet he would love Mowbray back at Hibs

Mowbray would be great but he'll end his managerial career down south I'm sure. He's done a solid, often excellent job pretty much everywhere he's been down there.

Alex Neil would be good too.

Think it's important to see what Monty can do tho, now that he's getting a few of his own signings in.

Tha Cabbage Kid
31-01-2024, 09:22 AM

To put lennon in the same catagory as Fenlon is stupid. Lennon is a proven and tested SPL manager. And a successful one at that.

Since452
31-01-2024, 09:31 AM
A positive take on things, and maybe correct but it's still 1 game. Will need a lot more than that to get me excited about Hibs again.

The funny thing about the Killie comeback is it still felt like a crap result. Would normally feel like a win coming back from 2-0 down but the performance was so utterly deflating it sapped much of the enjoyment a comeback would normally bring.

Haymaker
31-01-2024, 12:51 PM
Thought it was a strange decision to replace Eustace with Rooney , Mowbray will do well there . I read John Parks that was at Hibs has joined him too .

Yep, my friend is a Brimingham fan, couldn't believe they got rid of him and got Rooney. He's much happier now that Mowbray is in the door.

number9dream
31-01-2024, 01:09 PM
Will Aberdeen go after Lennon? Can’t think of many obvious targets.

Trinity Hibee
31-01-2024, 01:22 PM
Will Aberdeen go after Lennon? Can’t think of many obvious targets.

I think he’d take it if offered.

Jones28
31-01-2024, 01:57 PM

Monkey heed? Really?

skyehibee
03-02-2024, 04:19 PM
Do it now hibs before Aberdeen do. Enough of people who don’t know the league.

Northernhibee
03-02-2024, 05:09 PM
Alex Neil or Derek McInnes. Someone who knows the league and knows how it to get a team to scrap, and not the washed up pantomime act Lennon.

California-Hibs
03-02-2024, 05:18 PM
You can say what you want and choose to focus on a poor few months out of an ENTIRE 2 and a half years which was OVERALL very very successful (record points total ever isn't just something made up...it happened, really) but again, we should be picking up the phone! Read the Hibs pages all over social media, many Hibs fans out there agree. Would have Lennon back in a HEARTBEAT!

neil7908
03-02-2024, 05:20 PM
Please, please no. He's Scottish footballs version of Jose Mourinho.

California-Hibs
03-02-2024, 05:42 PM
Please, please no. He's Scottish footballs version of Jose Mourinho.

Aye, record points total in the top flight, beating Hearts and Rangers away etc, stuff that, you're right.

🤦*♂️

gbhibby
03-02-2024, 06:19 PM
Aye, record points total in the top flight, beating Hearts and Rangers away etc, stuff that, you're right.

🤦*♂️
👍👍

Jones28
03-02-2024, 06:20 PM

🤦*♂️

With the best midfield we’ve had in 20 odd years.

Like **** Lennon is getting the same tune out of Newall/Levitt/whoever

heretoday
We need a hairy-ersed Scotsman. Step forward Malky Mackay!

Hibs90

🤦*♂️

:faf:

judas
03-02-2024, 07:43 PM
We need a hairy-ersed Scotsman. Step forward Malky Mackay!

Agree

andrew_dundee
03-02-2024, 08:58 PM
Absolutely not Malky Mackay, but we definitely need someone who's a safe pair of hands, knows the league and can steady the ship.

davym7062
03-02-2024, 09:01 PM
Absolutely not Malky Mackay, but we definitely need someone who's a safe pair of hands, knows the league and can steady the ship.

woy aboot the boy in charge of killie

andrew_dundee
03-02-2024, 09:03 PM
woy aboot the boy in charge of killie

For all his faults he knows the league, I'd take him over Mackay any day of the week :)

Zazu62
03-02-2024, 09:05 PM
Mcinnes or Robinson

stoneyburn hibs
03-02-2024, 09:23 PM
Imrie

leith lynx
03-02-2024, 10:14 PM
Michael O'Neill