PDA

View Full Version : Monty on Dubai

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2024, 01:07 PM
Very positive as usual, with loads of graft to back it up, and a refreshing absence of Johnsonesque flannel.

Whether this will translate into the results and performances we crave is anybody’s guess. But he’s such a focused, single minded grafter and I don’t think I’ve wanted a Hibs manager to succeed or deeply believe that he deserves to as much as this guy.

But ultimately it is a results and performance business.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2024, 01:12 PM
Very positive as usual, with loads of graft to back it up, and a refreshing absence of Johnsonesque flannel.

Whether this will translate into the results and performances we crave is anybody’s guess. But he’s such a focused, single minded grafter and I don’t think I’ve wanted a Hibs manager to succeed or deeply believe that he deserves to as much as this guy.

Spot on, as much as i've been critical of him at times, i feel he speaks well and will with any luck, he will bring his type of players in to make us better, he needs the window and maybe ever the summer one too to see if he can do that?

greenlex
22-01-2024, 01:13 PM
Spot on, as much as i've been critical of him at times, i feel he speaks well and will with any luck, he will bring his type of players in to make us better, he needs the window and maybe ever the summer one too to see if he can do that?

Exactly where I am.

JimBHibees
22-01-2024, 02:12 PM
Exactly where I am.

Me too

wookie70
22-01-2024, 02:25 PM
I've not listened to his words on Dubai but he says exactly what I would expect a media trained manager to say. He picks a few key words/phrases and then repeats them in every interview in that series. Nothing wrong with that but he doesn't really say anything that you wouldn't expect or anything that tells us what is really going on. I hope he has a very different private message to the one he uses in public

Iain G
22-01-2024, 02:31 PM
I've not listened to his words on Dubai but he says exactly what I would expect a media trained manager to say. He picks a few key words/phrases and then repeats them in every interview in that series. Nothing wrong with that but he doesn't really say anything that you wouldn't expect or anything that tells us what is really going on. I hope he has a very different private message to the one he uses in public

How we miss LJ's nuggets! 😁

Since452
22-01-2024, 02:53 PM

That's the only thing he'll be judged on. Can't say i like or dislike the guy personally and not really bothered either way. Just needs to get results and performances sharpish.

jacomo
22-01-2024, 03:31 PM

That’s set down a marker!

Vini1875
22-01-2024, 03:53 PM

There's no maybe about needing the summer window as well. January is about paper over the cracks, but I think he will be able to get players in who will be able to perform in the system he wants to implement. I like him and feel he is a genuine guy. I don't care that he gives nothing away in interviews, as long as the players know what's what.

He's here!
22-01-2024, 04:03 PM

Don't disagree with any of that but sadly the last sentence is the one that will ring truest for most in the likely event that by tomorrow night we're sitting 14 points behind Hearts having gone down tamely to a home defeat by Rangers.

He's here!
22-01-2024, 04:06 PM
There's no maybe about needing the summer window as well. January is about paper over the cracks, but I think he will be able to get players in who will be able to perform in the system he wants to implement. I like him and feel he is a genuine guy. I don't care that he gives nothing away in interviews, as long as the players know what's what.

Absolutely needs the summer window. At present there's a sense we just need to be careful not to get too close to the lower reaches of the table and then try to reset in the close season. Highly unlikely this window is going to spark a significant turnaround.

greenlex
22-01-2024, 04:09 PM
Absolutely needs the summer window. At present there's a sense we just need to be careful not to get too close to the lower reaches of the table and then try to reset in the close season. Highly unlikely this window is going to spark a significant turnaround.
Certainly doesn’t look the mindset of the club thank goodness.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 04:36 PM

To give LJ some kind of credit (and he did finish 5th...) his interviews were rarely boring.

My only issue with NM is the way he often uses F instead of TH, 'fink' rather than 'think'. It's one of those things that really bug me. That and not winning matches.

eastmainsmsh
22-01-2024, 04:37 PM
To give LJ some kind of credit (and he did finish 5th...) his interviews were rarely boring.

My only issue with NM is the way he often uses F instead of TH, 'fink' rather than 'think'. It's one of those things that really bug me. That and not winning matches.

Is Nicholas a bit of a Yorkshire Ficko lol

greenlex
22-01-2024, 04:37 PM

If we’re being critical then he chucks in copious amounts of ye know’s too.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 04:38 PM

Yeah, this winter window is never sorting the issues in the team. Give him a big summer clearout, full pre-season to drill the new players, see how we go in the first quarter of next season. Tough to swallow but I think that's where we are as a club right now. Give 3rd/4th our best shot but, yeah, probably not.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 04:40 PM
If we’re being critical then he chucks in copious amounts of ye know’s too.

That's just a verbal tick to buy time to think. Remember when Rangers had half a team of Dutch players? Every one of them said 'For sure' for the same reason, it gives them that wee split second to organise their thoughts.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 04:42 PM
Is Nicholas a bit of a Yorkshire Ficko lol

It's not an accent thing, because it crosses all accents. I think he just needs a week or two of elocution lessons. Maybe walk with a book on his head, get his deportment right.:wink:

hibee-boys
22-01-2024, 04:44 PM

One fing at a time, let’s sort out the fing first.

coldingham hibs
25-01-2024, 05:57 AM
Looks like the hard sessions really paid off in Dubai 🤔

Bridge hibs
25-01-2024, 06:17 AM
Looks like the hard sessions really paid off in Dubai 🤔

Ffs are we going to blame Dubai for every loss now ? So if we win on Saturday will we be saying Dubai was a good idea 🤣

Trinity Hibee
25-01-2024, 06:20 AM
Ffs are we going to blame Dubai for every loss now ? So if we win on Saturday will we be saying Dubai was a good idea 🤣

Think the frustrating thing is what have these players done to deserve a trip to Dubai on club funds?

The answer is they’ve done nothing by the way

Bridge hibs
25-01-2024, 06:29 AM
Think the frustrating thing is what have these players done to deserve a trip to Dubai on club funds?

The answer is they’ve done nothing by the way

It wasnt the players fault they were taken to Dubai, doesnt matter where we went whether Dubai, Gullane or the moon, we have a team of under performers who need to sort out their **** on the pitch, we cant keep bloody blaming Dubai

Trinity Hibee
25-01-2024, 06:31 AM
It wasnt the players fault they were taken to Dubai, doesnt matter where we went whether Dubai, Gullane or the moon, we have a team of under performers who need to sort out their **** on the pitch, we cant keep bloody blaming Dubai

That we can agree on

heretoday
25-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Shoulda gone to specsavers.