PDA

View Full Version : why no var in all Scottish cup games except the Celtic game

ruthven_raiders
21-01-2024, 01:30 AM
Only in Scotland! All or none should be the rule, ludicrous by the sfa and penny pinching! Embarrassing really.

Hibee87
21-01-2024, 01:43 AM
I believe its because only premiership teams have the VAR system in place, so any premiership team who has it needed both teams consent to use it. The English FA Cup is the same. I do agree however it should be none or all, except the semis and finals

ruthven_raiders
21-01-2024, 07:29 AM
I believe its because only premiership teams have the VAR system in place, so any premiership team who has it needed both teams consent to use it. The English FA Cup is the same. I do agree however it should be none or all, except the semis and finals

I knew that it needed both teams consent. Also t is too expensive for smaller teams, so there shouldn't be any var until games are at Hampden.....

green day
21-01-2024, 07:43 AM
Only in Scotland! All or none should be the rule, ludicrous by the sfa and penny pinching! Embarrassing really.

Fairly sure VAR was in place at the Well match yesterday.

Broxburn Greens
21-01-2024, 07:54 AM
Is it not to do with it being on Viaplay and they want VAR used? Obviously Dumbarton don’t have it which explains it not being used for that game.

Agree with the OP though, all or nothing until say the quarters as most games then likely at Premiership grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchie
21-01-2024, 08:27 AM
Fairly sure VAR was in place at the Well match yesterday.
Because they were at home and have it, and both teams consented.

JimBHibees
21-01-2024, 08:33 AM
Because they were at home and have it, and both teams consented.

Assume Killie and Dundee would have had it?

Crunchie
21-01-2024, 08:39 AM
Assume Killie and Dundee would have had it?
Good question, I've no idea why they didn't. Penny pinching?

Alex Trager
21-01-2024, 08:45 AM

Same in England. Only games at EPL grounds have VAR in the cup.

So far anyway.

Cardinal G
21-01-2024, 08:54 AM
Same in England. Only games at EPL grounds have VAR in the cup.

So far anyway.

Which I find unfair, if your the home team and use VAR all the time then a lower league team is at a disadvantage in view as they have no experience of VAR, so can affect the way you play, in my view it should be a level playing field until the semi final.

GreenCastle
21-01-2024, 09:13 AM
Don’t forgot Scotland brought it in midseason last year!

Doesn’t make sense and agree it should be all or nothing.

Though you could also say top teams used to bigger stadiums and crowds so unfair so where do you draw the “fair” line ??

Northernhibee
21-01-2024, 09:49 AM
I have to be honest, I ****ing loved yesterday outwith the performance - I’m not certain it was a penalty for us but there was no standing about for half an hour for Andrew Dallas to look over it time and time again to only get it wrong, no waiting to see if they could find any reason at all to disallow the goal - proper football.

xbar81
21-01-2024, 11:20 AM
At least there is one competition that VAR hasn't spoilt. Keep VAR away from football plz. :aok: