PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Tait

Jim44
19-01-2024, 02:02 PM
There’s a bit on FB from Hamilton Accies., saying that Hibs loanee, Dylan Tait will no longer feature for them and that they are in a process of engagement with Hibs. Strange wording. It might simply mean that Hibs have asked to terminate the loan, but you can’t help surmising that there’s more to it.

Onceinawhile
19-01-2024, 02:08 PM
Definitely seems like something has happened from the wording of the accies statement.

Del Boy
19-01-2024, 02:24 PM
Yeah sounds like an issue with the player

HIBS NUTS
Definitely seems like something has happened from the wording of the accies statement.
Only started one game recently on the 23rd .
It’s a shame, very talented lad, but i would be amazed, if hibs have recalled him.
Absolutely amazed.

Unseen work
Everything since signing Tait has been weird

Was a stand out for raith before we signed him, even performed really well against us just prior to signing. Signed him but had to loan him out for 6 months to get the loan over the line. Obviously Ross sacked and Maloney came in but again straight out the door on loan.

Under Johnson he never made the trip abroad when Delferierre etc did.

He had the falling out with Nisbet on a night out although that’s not uncommon and then loads of rumours about attitude issue despite nothing really been said.

Lads clearly got talent but seems like he’s ruining it for himself

Centre Hawf
19-01-2024, 02:42 PM
There’s a bit on FB from Hamilton Accies., saying that Hibs loanee, Dylan Tait will no longer feature for them and that they are in a process of engagement with Hibs. Strange wording. It might simply mean that Hibs have asked to terminate the loan, but you can’t help surmising that there’s more to it.

I would be amazed if it was us that are asking that. We probably want him to stay there as long as possible.

tonyrougier123
19-01-2024, 04:37 PM
Some laddies have the world at their feet and just can’t knuckle down.
Shame if he’s been punted from accies, if he was that good they would’ve kept hold of him despite a bit of mischievousness.

You look at what mcginn has done and there’s your marker to kick on.

Work hard and keep a good respectable attitude and your sorted for life.

Biggie
19-01-2024, 04:58 PM
So much more to being a pro footballer than being good at football.
If only..

Greenbeard
19-01-2024, 05:02 PM
Some laddies have the world at their feet and just can’t knuckle down.
Shame if he’s been punted from accies, if he was that good they would’ve kept hold of him despite a bit of mischievousness.

You look at what mcginn has done and there’s your marker to kick on.

Work hard and keep a good respectable attitude and your sorted for life.
Maybe I'm just morphing into a grumpy old git but this seems to be getting more rare by the year with the me me me entitled yoof of today.

HoboHarry
19-01-2024, 05:43 PM
Maybe I'm just morphing into a grumpy old git but this seems to be getting more rare by the year with the me me me entitled yoof of today.
I'm 61 and a me me me entitled grumpy old git. (Or cranky b*****d if you ask the wife)

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2024, 05:44 PM
So much more to being a pro footballer than being good at football.
If only..

Agree with this. The life of footballer, while replete with opportunity is you’re prepared to sacrifice some aspects of the spontaneity of youth, just isn’t for everyone. We’ve all known talented guys who have loved the game as a hobby, but are not prepared to put up with the inevitable restraints and privations it increasingly requires in the modern age.

Let me stress that this is a general point arising out of the discussion here, and not related to DT. I don’t know enough about the circumstances there to speculate.

patlowe
19-01-2024, 06:13 PM

Aye all the players back in the day were paragons of virtue 😂

Stevie Reid
19-01-2024, 06:17 PM
Just looking at our transfer business in 2021-22 and wondering how many games they all actually played for us?

Transfers in

Jamie Murphy Rangers Free[30]
Daniel MacKay Inverness Caledonian Thistle Undisclosed[31]
Jake Doyle-Hayes St Mirren Free[32]
David Mitchell Clyde Undisclosed[33]
Dylan Tait Raith Rovers Undisclosed[28]
Chris Mueller Orlando City SC Free[26]
Elias Melkersen Bodø/Glimt £300,000[34][35]
Demetri Mitchell Blackpool Undisclosed[36]
Runar Hauge Bodø/Glimt Undisclosed[37]
Emmanuel Johnson Barça Residency

Loans in

James Scott Hull City[50]
Nathan Wood Middlesbrough[33]
Ewan Henderson Celtic[51]
Harry Clarke Arsenal[51]
Rocky Bushiri Norwich City[52]
Sylvester Jasper Fulham[37]

It’s enough to make you greet, absolutely pitiful (the transfer business, no me - though maybe me as well, if I’m greeting at transfers, tbf)

Bostonhibby
19-01-2024, 06:18 PM
I'm 61 and a me me me entitled grumpy old git. (Or cranky b*****d if you ask the wife)Don't worry about it, happens to the best of us, and all of my friends[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Skol
19-01-2024, 06:27 PM
Some of those numbers of appearances look questionable

Billy Whizz
19-01-2024, 06:29 PM
Some of those numbers of appearances look questionable

I don’t think the numbers are appearances

King conrad
19-01-2024, 06:29 PM
Just looking at our transfer business in 2021-22 and wondering how many games they all actually played for us?

Transfers in

Loans in

Harry Clarke Arsenal[51]

It’s enough to make you greet, absolutely pitiful (the transfer business, no me - though maybe me as well, if I’m greeting at transfers, tbf)

Murphy and Rocky are the only decent signings out of that lot

CapitalGreen
19-01-2024, 06:39 PM

I wouldn’t describe either as being decent signings.

1875Sean
19-01-2024, 06:40 PM

Transfers in

Loans in

Harry Clarke Arsenal[51]

Harry Clarke the only decent player there

Stevie Reid
19-01-2024, 06:41 PM
I don’t think the numbers are appearances

Correct, they’re numbered references to a media story pertaining to the transfer (from Wikipedia). Was too lazy to delete them.

Stevie Reid
19-01-2024, 06:43 PM

Wouldn’t disagree. And got injured before he could play, and then recalled shortly after he managed a few games.

Torto7
19-01-2024, 06:46 PM
Was he the one that was fighting with Nisbet in Glasgow?

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-01-2024, 06:47 PM

Transfers in

Jamie MurphyRangersFree[30]
Daniel MacKayInverness Caledonian ThistleUndisclosed[31]
Jake Doyle-HayesSt MirrenFree[32]
David MitchellClydeUndisclosed[33]
Dylan TaitRaith RoversUndisclosed[28]
Chris MuellerOrlando City SCFree[26]
Elias MelkersenBodø/Glimt£300,000[34][35]
Demetri MitchellBlackpoolUndisclosed[36]
Runar HaugeBodø/GlimtUndisclosed[37]
Emmanuel JohnsonBarça Residency

Loans in

James ScottHull City[50]
Nathan WoodMiddlesbrough[33]
Ewan HendersonCeltic[51]
Harry ClarkeArsenal[51]
Rocky BushiriNorwich City[52]
Sylvester JasperFulham[37]

Some really good signings on paper tbf. Sadly the game is not played on paper, as we’ve regularly discovered over the years

IberianHibernian
19-01-2024, 10:07 PM

Transfers in

Loans in

Harry Clarke Arsenal[51]

It’s enough to make you greet, absolutely pitiful (the transfer business, no me - though maybe me as well, if I’m greeting at transfers, tbf)Apart from Murphy , David Mitchell who was obviously signed as a reserve goalie for emergencies and maybe Demetri Mitchell , all of these players were in their teens or early 20s when we signed them . Melkersen got us a good transfer fee . Jasper is playing in the first division in Portugal , Henderson seems to be doing well in Belgium , was Nathan Wood not mentioned as doing well back in England ? , Harry Clarke was very good for us before his injury just as he`d been for Ross County , James Scott scored a few goals for us , Dan Mackie has shown potential ,
Most importantly , Rocky has played quite a few games for us , JDH looked good before his injury and hopefully he`ll be back soon - if he can regain full fitness , he could be a key player for us .
Can`t see us signing better players than these in this or future transfer windows so it`s going to depend on how our managers and coaches make the most of our squad .

LunasBoots
19-01-2024, 10:20 PM
Was he the one that was fighting with Nisbet in Glasgow?

Yup, seems to have had a fair few issues wherever he goes.

Stevie Reid
20-01-2024, 02:41 AM
Apart from Murphy , David Mitchell who was obviously signed as a reserve goalie for emergencies and maybe Demetri Mitchell , all of these players were in their teens or early 20s when we signed them . Melkersen got us a good transfer fee . Jasper is playing in the first division in Portugal , Henderson seems to be doing well in Belgium , was Nathan Wood not mentioned as doing well back in England ? , Harry Clarke was very good for us before his injury just as he`d been for Ross County , James Scott scored a few goals for us , Dan Mackie has shown potential ,
Most importantly , Rocky has played quite a few games for us , JDH looked good before his injury and hopefully he`ll be back soon - if he can regain full fitness , he could be a key player for us .
Can`t see us signing better players than these in this or future transfer windows so it`s going to depend on how our managers and coaches make the most of our squad .

You can’t see us signing better players than that list in the future? What a thoroughly depressing thought.

Hardly any of them played a significant number of games, or were any good when they did. The fact that a couple of them are performing well elsewhere doesn’t mean they were good signings for us.

Jones28
20-01-2024, 06:57 AM
Apart from Murphy , David Mitchell who was obviously signed as a reserve goalie for emergencies and maybe Demetri Mitchell , all of these players were in their teens or early 20s when we signed them . Melkersen got us a good transfer fee . Jasper is playing in the first division in Portugal , Henderson seems to be doing well in Belgium , was Nathan Wood not mentioned as doing well back in England ? , Harry Clarke was very good for us before his injury just as he`d been for Ross County , James Scott scored a few goals for us , Dan Mackie has shown potential ,

**** me really? I think I’ll give it up if we’ve not chance of signing better than these players.

Brooster
20-01-2024, 07:01 AM

You have to be at the wind up surely?

RIP
20-01-2024, 07:08 AM

Transfers in

Loans in

Harry Clarke Arsenal[51]

Was this after we sacked Graeme Mathie and Ian Gordon was in charge of recruitment?

Not scapegoating but when Lee was here didn't the Board carry out a retrospective review of recruitment which led to Brian's appointment? They all agreed that the squad ended up completely bloated.

In a stable SPL side, four in and four out is all we need every season. Otherwise your Director of Football is useless in his primary function of building a well-structured first team.

King conrad
20-01-2024, 07:37 AM
You have to be at the wind up surely?

Better than the rest of the signings,
I don't get the rocky bashing to be honest but everyone is entitled to their opinion

KWJ
20-01-2024, 09:19 AM

Transfers in

Loans in

Harry Clarke Arsenal[51]

Overall an E or F mark on the pitch but the Melkerson money alone probably does enough to turn that into a profit.

Brooster
20-01-2024, 10:00 AM
Better than the rest of the signings,
I don't get the rocky bashing to be honest but everyone is entitled to their opinion

He is horrific.

mcohibs
22-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Joined Falkirk on loan until end of season.

hibeejeebies
22-01-2024, 11:06 AM

Hopefully gets back on track.

Centre Hawf
22-01-2024, 11:58 AM
He is horrific.

A bit harsh, I think he's an average defender, nothing more than less. He has some horrific moments in him sadly that paint him worse than what he is on a weekly basis, but he is capable of playing at this level. But I'm not sure he's capable of being in a team challenging for 3rd in the league with the mistakes he currently has in his game, moments like the Hearts game are going to cost you enough points over the year to make sure of that.

allezsauzee
22-01-2024, 01:41 PM

Completely agree, aside from him, an absolute shocker of a transfer window.

Iain G
22-01-2024, 02:10 PM

Guessing Hibs told him to get to Falkirk?

HoboHarry
22-01-2024, 03:26 PM
Guessing Hibs told him to get to Falkirk?

Yes and Falkirk greeted him with a loud All-o-a as he walked in the door.

Baader
22-01-2024, 03:53 PM

Transfers in

Loans in

Harry Clarke Arsenal[51]

Depressing list that.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 04:51 PM
He is horrific.

Sorry, but that is bang out of order. Bushiri is not the greatest, no arguments there, but he is far from horrific. Decent SPL defender with more improvement in him I think. Not great at one on ones but I think he controls the box better than any of our other defenders. And he can bring the ball out from the back, with varying degrees of success. But until we can sign Baresi or Maldini then this is where we're at. I have more concerns about Fish, he's been poor the last couple of months.

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Sorry, but that is bang out of order. Bushiri is not the greatest, no arguments there, but he is far from horrific. Decent SPL defender with more improvement in him I think. Not great at one on ones but I think he controls the box better than any of our other defenders. And he can bring the ball out from the back, with varying degrees of success. But until we can sign Baresi or Maldini then this is where we're at. I have more concerns about Fish, he's been poor the last couple of months.

Had a howler against Hearts and he will know it and won’t repeat it but it doesn’t put me off he listens is progressive has pace, power and is mobile gets about the park and is still quite young

I wouldn’t give up on him just yet

Fish and Hanlon have been far from perfect in recent games

That pass from Fish to no one in particular that led to the Forfar winger getting the run on Whittaker dearie me !

I guess some folk have just made up their minds on Rocky and are entitled to their opinions but he’ll be back

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Had a howler against Hearts and he will know it and won’t repeat it but it doesn’t put me off he listens is progressive has pace, power and is mobile gets about the park and is still quite young

I wouldn’t give up on him just yet

Fish and Hanlon have been far from perfect in recent games

That pass from Fish to no one in particular that led to the Forfar winger getting the run on Whittaker dearie me !

I guess some folk have just made up their minds on Rocky and are entitled to their opinions but he’ll be back

Agreed, he's worth persevering with. I think he overthinks things a bit. But that's lack of experience. I don't actually think he's made any more errors than Porteous, and some thought he could walk on water. Current Status - Benched at Watford.

Rocky needs what Hibs need, a commanding, experienced centre half that's streetwise and knows this level of football and what it's all about.

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2024, 05:27 PM
Agreed, he's worth persevering with. I think he overthinks things a bit. But that's lack of experience. I don't actually think he's made any more errors than Porteous, and some thought he could walk on water. Current Status - Benched at Watford.

Rocky needs what Hibs need, a commanding, experienced centre half that's streetwise and knows this level of football and what it's all about.

Rocky has made less errors than Porteous 😀

I can only think of one at Killie where he got crucified for conceding a corner that was poorly defended and led to a goal

Agree Rocky needs a George Stewart or a Jason Kerr

CapitalGreen
22-01-2024, 05:30 PM

I can only think of one at Killie where he got crucified for conceding a corner that was poorly defended and led to a goal

Porteous was part of the tighest defence outside the old firm during his last 2 full seasons with us. Rocky’s introduction has contributed to us becoming one of the leakiest.

500miles
22-01-2024, 05:32 PM
Porteous was part of the tighest defence outside the old firm during his last 2 full seasons with us. Rocky’s introduction has contributed to us becoming one of the leakiest.

To be fair, Rocky came to hibs under Maloney. The defensive dip really started under LJ.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 05:38 PM

Agree Rocky needs a George Stewart or a Jason Kerr

I said no more errors than Porteous, that's not 'less. :wink:

Yip, as an old pal of George's I would agree. Someone to tell him to clear his lines, organise and direct. It's what we're really missing right now.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 05:43 PM

Porteous was a good player for us, but think folk are forgetting the rash tackles, and the shambles that he generally was in his last six months etc. I think with Porteous he reached his ceiling with us. Steve Clarke seems to be able to get him to screw the nut, but the wee bits and bobs I see of Watford the same errors are there, the rashness and desire to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Tbh, I think Porteous is just a bit thick. Not sure that can be cured. Talented but unless something changes he'll be back up the road or dropping into the English 1st division. Possibly file under - Future Kilmarnock player.

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2024, 05:50 PM

Porto was guilty of some rash errors of judgement in his last two years

Wish him all the best but might have been better staying for another season and learning his trade :greengrin

All I am saying is Rocky has room for further improvement and is not as bad as some on here are making out

ancient hibee
22-01-2024, 05:50 PM
Porteous played 90 minutes for Watford on Saturday.

Think it’s a pity that previous players get slagged off in an effort to boost present players. Rocky tries hard and may come good but he is part of the third worst defence in the league.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 06:05 PM
Porteous played 90 minutes for Watford on Saturday.

Think it’s a pity that previous players get slagged off in an effort to boost present players. Rocky tries hard and may come good but he is part of the third worst defence in the league.

I like the guy, did pretty well for us, wanted a move and got his move. It all worked out. At that point he's on his own. Far more interested in Rocky than Porto now, but comparisons are inevitable. That's football.

CapitalGreen
22-01-2024, 06:05 PM
To be fair, Rocky came to hibs under Maloney. The defensive dip really started under LJ.

Only Celtic conceded less goals than us over the first 10 league games of last season. LJ then decided to switch us to a back 3 to accommodate Rocky during HT at Celtic Park, following which we went on a run of games which saw us concede more goals per game than at any point over the last 30 years. Rocky then got injured against Hearts in the cup and after that we had the 4th tightest defence for the remainder of the season.

VoltaireHibs
22-01-2024, 06:09 PM
Anyhoo, back on track. Does anyone know what Dylan Tait did to be so suddenly bumped? Think someone said he's away to Falkirk so a reunion with Mcglynn, (who, for all his Jamboesque leanings, is an excellent youth coach and very decent manager) will be good for him. Good luck to the laddie, pretty talented by all accounts, just needs the penny to drop.

basehibby
23-01-2024, 12:52 PM
He is horrific.

Nah - you are full of it

basehibby
23-01-2024, 01:14 PM
Anyhoo, back on track. Does anyone know what Dylan Tait did to be so suddenly bumped? Think someone said he's away to Falkirk so a reunion with Mcglynn, (who, for all his Jamboesque leanings, is an excellent youth coach and very decent manager) will be good for him. Good luck to the laddie, pretty talented by all accounts, just needs the penny to drop.

I don't know but suspect from previous incidents that he is a very frustrated lad. He probably came to Hibs dreaming of playing in front of bumper crowds at ER and 2 years later finds himself still knocking about League 1 and is wondering wtf is the point.
Going by the pub incident with Nisbet he also has a short fuse and I'm guessing this has lead to a stroppy attitude during his loans that has not enamoured him with coaches and managers.
This is all speculation on my part but he'd be well advised to take a leaf out the John McGinn handbook as suggested above. Hard work, discipline, respect and humility go a long way - as well as not letting self belief spill over into arrogance. All easier said than done which is a large part of why so many talented footballers don't progress as we would hope.
Nisbet himself fell down the leagues a bit before having a moment of realisation that saw him turn things round and progress to full international caps and (relatively) big wages. I hope Dylan can achieve a similar turnaround and make an impression at Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2024, 01:43 PM
I don't know but suspect from previous incidents that he is a very frustrated lad. He probably came to Hibs dreaming of playing in front of bumper crowds at ER and 2 years later finds himself still knocking about League 1 and is wondering wtf is the point.
Going by the pub incident with Nisbet he also has a short fuse and I'm guessing this has lead to a stroppy attitude during his loans that has not enamoured him with coaches and managers.
This is all speculation on my part but he'd be well advised to take a leaf out the John McGinn handbook as suggested above. Hard work, discipline, respect and humility go a long way - as well as not letting self belief spill over into arrogance. All easier said than done which is a large part of why so many talented footballers don't progress as we would hope.
Nisbet himself fell down the leagues a bit before having a moment of realisation that saw him turn things round and progress to full international caps and (relatively) big wages. I hope Dylan can achieve a similar turnaround and make an impression at Hibs.
Hear ! Hear !

Well said hopefully he can get his head sorted whatever it is and get back on track and fulfil his earlier promise

Falkirk might just be the right place for him under the guidance of a shrewd Coach

VoltaireHibs
23-01-2024, 02:06 PM
Hear ! Hear !

Well said hopefully he can get his head sorted whatever it is and get back on track and fulfil his earlier promise

Falkirk might just be the right place for him under the guidance of a shrewd Coach

Agree, think, as posted above, that he's going to the right place. On that note, and as unpopular an idea as it may seem, I'd happily see John McGlynn run our youth set up and I also think he'd fit pretty well with NM's ideas on the game. McGlynn's a really good coach, seems to get young players doing the right things. Pretty sure it will never happen so you can all save your rage. :greengrin