Up-the-slope
18-01-2024, 07:21 PM
Sounds a confident laddie saying he is quick and likes to score and assist

Up-the-slope
18-01-2024, 07:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caBCO4bpW0E

Keith_M
18-01-2024, 07:39 PM
Any Hertha fans on here that's seen him play?

HibbyAndy
18-01-2024, 07:45 PM
Loan or permanent?

Torto7
18-01-2024, 07:50 PM
Scott Burns having a nightmare. This guy has some CV. Hopefully we have the right to buy?

hibsbollah
18-01-2024, 07:56 PM
I watch a lot of ligue 1 and he passed me by at both clubs. But you dont get on the fringes of the first team at either club or a big money move to Hertha without being a player who is normally well out of our price range. Quite a statement. Fantastic news.

Torto7
18-01-2024, 08:00 PM
I just noticed he scored against Smelltic for Lyon in a 4 nil win.

Trinity Hibee
18-01-2024, 08:02 PM
This looks like a really positive signing. Good pedigree

LaMotta
18-01-2024, 08:08 PM
I had never even heard of his country Comoros until 5 minutes ago ( It's an island off the coast of Mozambique, population 821,000 :nerd:). He's played twice for the national team since making the switch from France - scored in both games including this belter v Ghana in a 1 nil WC Qualifying win :cool2:

https://twitter.com/ActuFootAfrique/status/1727007350262046740

On the flip side the Hertha Berlin coach said he was "Lazy like few players I have ever seen in my life" :hilarious

He also had a 100 million euro release clause in his contract when he signed for Nice.:shocked:

Up-the-slope
18-01-2024, 08:10 PM
Loan or permanent?
Loan

Up-the-slope
18-01-2024, 08:17 PM
could be a cracking - loan - signing... or could end up with him and Ellie busting out a stepover / tricks contest :greengrin...

I wonder how the nervous in our support who have a heart attack when there are more that 2 passes between CH's will take to him dribbling out of his own box like he does in show reel :faf:

Daniel 1875
18-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Looks like an exciting signing. It’ll be interesting to see where he fits in across the front line - I wonder if the paperwork will come through in time for the weekend and/or Wednesday night.

hibsbollah
18-01-2024, 08:35 PM
could be a cracking - loan - signing... or could end up with him and Ellie busting out a stepover / tricks contest :greengrin...

I wonder how the nervous in our support who have a heart attack when there are more that 2 passes between CH's will take to him dribbling out of his own box like he does in show reel :faf:

Let’s play him at sweeper. Theres a guy behind me who is ready to burst an artery at ‘pishing aboot at the back’ instead of punting it upfield like Scottish teams are supposed tae dae, just need this boy to push him over the edge.

Nicho87
18-01-2024, 08:37 PM
Genuianly reminds me of watching youans videos when he signed.

Looks a carbon copy type player

Wonder if he will try Youan through the middle as this guy looks like he is a winger in all the clips

Up-the-slope
18-01-2024, 08:41 PM
Let’s play him at sweeper. Theres a guy behind me who is ready to burst an artery at ‘pishing aboot at the back’ instead of punting it upfield like Scottish teams are supposed tae dae, just need this boy to push him over the edge.

:aok: exactly lets do that .... maybe you should invest in an umbrella first as defence against the red 'rain' :devil:

Basildon Hibs
18-01-2024, 08:54 PM
Does he come across well in interviews...? 🤣��

Hibrandenburg
18-01-2024, 09:06 PM
Any Hertha fans on here that's seen him play?

German 3rd division with only 10 starts and 3 goals. Transfermarkt.de describing the move as "Hertha being finally able to offload" doesn't really get me excited. But who knows, maybe he'll do well at this level.

Torto7
18-01-2024, 09:23 PM
Genuianly reminds me of watching youans videos when he signed.

Looks a carbon copy type player

Wonder if he will try Youan through the middle as this guy looks like he is a winger in all the clips

Really? I thought Youan lacked technique in his videos but this guys technique is excellent.

1875Sean
18-01-2024, 09:48 PM
German 3rd division with only 10 starts and 3 goals. Transfermarkt.de describing the move as "Hertha being finally able to offload" doesn't really get me excited. But who knows, maybe he'll do well at this level.

2nd division not 3rd?

Forza Fred
18-01-2024, 09:51 PM

:greengrin

Musselbound
18-01-2024, 10:12 PM
2nd division not 3rd?

Been playing with Hertha reserves in the German 4th division according to BBC.

According to Monty he can play centrally or wide. Not a criticism of the player as I know nothing about him but with Boyle, Youan and Jair I just don't understand why this type of player is seen as a priority.

Rumble de Thump
18-01-2024, 10:19 PM

According to Monty he can play centrally or wide. Not a criticism of the player as I know nothing about him but with Boyle, Youan and Jair I just don't understand why this type of player is seen as a priority.

Youan and Tavares started for us in our last match. We had no fully fit senior players as replacements for them on the bench. Boyle is in Qatar.

Centre Hawf
18-01-2024, 10:30 PM

If we wanted him and others were sniffing then there was no point waiting until we signed a midfielder or defender to get him.

KWJ
18-01-2024, 11:01 PM
Some pedigree as said.

Looked him up on my FM save and he went to Hertha for £3.4m after going to Nice for £8.75m.

Has him down as rapid, strong, agile, good first touch and great dribbler. Not great at heading despite being 6". Poor tackler and marking but that's not what we're after.

Very exciting even for a loan.

Zazu62
18-01-2024, 11:14 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/new-hibs-signing-myziane-maolida-31915958#google_vignette

neil7908
18-01-2024, 11:45 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/new-hibs-signing-myziane-maolida-31915958#google_vignette

Him and Youan potentially in the same team? We'll have to win 5-4 I guess 😂😂😂

cubehindthegoal
19-01-2024, 12:03 AM

😂 I think the past week has been encouraging .. no lazy desperate decisions on signing players (whether on loan or buying) because they are Brazilian or from Leeds … our manager doesn’t just sit and say “yeh he sounds fine” .. he checks them out as thoroughly as possible … and when he chooses quicker, he has good reason .. which I think this loan merits. But if it doesn’t work out … hey we move on in six months. Like your work, Monty 👍

cubehindthegoal
19-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Him and Youan potentially in the same team? We'll have to win 5-4 I guess 😂😂😂

😂

Good !

cubehindthegoal
19-01-2024, 12:13 AM

😂 2nd ?? 3rd ?? I see the BBCs 4th, and raise you 8th Division. Seriously though .. I’m sure there are a few players in the German lower leagues and reserves that will be playing in future World Cup Finals.

This isn’t a huge risk for a 6 month loan, and won’t stop other signings coming in if and where he can find the quality needed. If he can’t … I’m happy to wait until the summer.

I know … some aren’t … hopefully the club are more patient 🙄

King Cosell
19-01-2024, 12:15 AM
I just noticed he scored against Smelltic for Lyon in a 4 nil win.

Pre-season friendly. Highlights on YouTube, scores the second on 61 mins and it's wonder goal. Amazing.

cubehindthegoal
19-01-2024, 12:18 AM

The manager of Hertha Berlin ripped him a bit on leaving … funny though part of that was saying, “He scored goals because he was fit.”

So sour grapes might be playing a part here too ?

Callum_62
19-01-2024, 12:20 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/new-hibs-signing-myziane-maolida-31915958#google_vignetteLove it

Does well doesn't sound like Hertha will be difficult to deal with when we try and sign him permanently [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

King Cosell
19-01-2024, 12:47 AM
Love it

Does well doesn't sound like Hertha will be difficult to deal with when we try and sign him permanently [emoji1787]

Wages might be a problem, 18 months left on his contract, reportedly on 15k a week. We're probably about a third of that.

HoboHarry
19-01-2024, 04:38 AM
It's a bit mind boggling that his English is as good as it is. Didn't grow up speaking English and never played in an English speaking country. Kind of makes us 1st language English lot look a little bit silly.

stokesmessiah
19-01-2024, 04:56 AM
It's a bit mind boggling that his English is as good as it is. Didn't grow up speaking English and never played in an English speaking country. Kind of makes us 1st language English lot look a little bit silly.

I am just travelling back from CZ where I was doing some management training. The were Czech people, Italians and Dutch people in the room….i was the only native English speaker and before every session there was a disclaimer to let them know if they couldn’t understand my English ha ha

Hibrandenburg
19-01-2024, 05:14 AM
2nd division not 3rd?

4th actually. He's been getting the occasional game for Hertha II in the Regionalliga.

Hibrandenburg
19-01-2024, 05:21 AM
The manager of Hertha Berlin ripped him a bit on leaving … funny though part of that was saying, “He scored goals because he was fit.”

So sour grapes might be playing a part here too ?

No idea. Although I live in Berlin I've never been able to warm to Hertha. Just know my WhatsApp is getting battered from mates taking the piss. Hope I have the last laugh.

Hibernian Verse
19-01-2024, 05:22 AM
4th actually. He's been getting the occasional game for Hertha II in the Regionalliga.

Presumably not through ability but more his apparent laziness?

Hibrandenburg
19-01-2024, 05:36 AM
Presumably not through ability but more his apparent laziness?

No idea, but for whatever reason he's been deemed not good enough to train or play for the first team and certainly didn't impress the Hertha fans that I know who go to games regularly. Doesn't mean he won't succeed here though.

JasonC1875
19-01-2024, 05:45 AM
Scott Burns having a nightmare. This guy has some CV. Hopefully we have the right to buy?

Apparently no option to buy.

Tambo
19-01-2024, 05:54 AM
Sounds promising, welcome to the Hibees.

Gettin' Auld
19-01-2024, 06:03 AM
Some pedigree as said.

Looked him up on my FM save and he went to Hertha for £3.4m after going to Nice for £8.75m.

Has him down as rapid, strong, agile, good first touch and great dribbler. Not great at heading despite being 6". Poor tackler and marking but that's not what we're after.

Very exciting even for a loan.
If he's only 6 inches tall, i'm not surprised that heading isn't his strong point. :greengrin

Percy Vere
19-01-2024, 06:17 AM

Sometimes you take quality where you find it. Gift horse and all that.
Can play through the middle, think there's been a lot of people wanting midfield playmaker. Fingers crossed

AlbertK86
19-01-2024, 06:20 AM

Daily Rangers love any opportunity to dig Hibs out and paint players managers in a bad light especially after saying he was too expensive for us [emoji16]

If the bum cheek from the weedge had signed him there would have been a completely different spin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
19-01-2024, 06:26 AM
Daily Rangers love any opportunity to dig Hibs out and paint players managers in a bad light especially after saying he was too expensive for us [emoji16]

If the bum cheek from the weedge had signed him there would have been a completely different spin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbf, I think it’s fair to pull these comments up.

I see what you are saying re the record. Scott Burns (though not this article’s author) will be licking his wounds re this one.

I am not sure about this guy, I dono what it is, perhaps because I feel like it’s not really an area I see as being paramount we address.

He certainly has had a lot of hype around him, so I am hopeful that he comes in and tears it up.

Monty seems the type to get these kinds of players working better so hopefully this is another one of these situations.

He's here!
19-01-2024, 06:35 AM
Tbf, I think it’s fair to pull these comments up.

I see what you are saying re the record. Scott Burns (though not this article’s author) will be licking his wounds re this one.

I am not sure about this guy, I dono what it is, perhaps because I feel like it’s not really an area I see as being paramount we address.

He certainly has had a lot of hype around him, so I am hopeful that he comes in and tears it up.

Monty seems the type to get these kinds of players working better so hopefully this is another one of these situations.

Who is Scott Burns?

GreenCastle
19-01-2024, 06:38 AM
No idea, but for whatever reason he's been deemed not good enough to train or play for the first team and certainly didn't impress the Hertha fans that I know who go to games regularly. Doesn't mean he won't succeed here though.

It seems he didn’t get on with the manager - who thinks he’s lazy plus he was causing some other issues within Hertha according to Hertha fans.

As always I’m sure there will be various different stories and opinions.

Let’s just hope he turns up focused and does well in 6 months.

Think it will depend on where Hibs play him (assume on the left ? Jair as impact sub?) and what supply midfield gives him..(that’s an issue). Bigger issue is us stop losing goals with better defending.

Having a friend / French speaking colleague will hopefully help Youan too.

JimBHibees
19-01-2024, 06:48 AM
Who is Scott Burns?

Think DR journo who frequently gets Hibs stuff wrong

Alex Trager
19-01-2024, 06:51 AM
Who is Scott Burns?

The Journo who hates hibs. In fact, that’s Ewan Murray the golf guy I am thinking of.

SB could tell you Hibs play at Easter Road, and you could fairly confidently put money on Hibs not playing in Edinburgh if he had said that.

He is constantly wrong about us.

Said he was out of our price range on twitter.

Swiftly deleted tweet last night though.

147lothian
19-01-2024, 07:28 AM
The loan system works well when we bring in players we otherwise couldn't afford, I know we already have Boyle, Youan and Jair, but there will still be a role for him, even if it starts with coming off the bench it will put pressure on the said three to up there game to keep the shirt, I still think we need creativity in the middle of the park and IMO Monty has identified this by bringing him in, I don't know anything about him but I'm excited to see him play.

wookie70
19-01-2024, 07:35 AM
Just spotted the Israel International St Johnstone signed got his clearance. He was announced on 9 January

Aldo
19-01-2024, 07:43 AM
The Journo who hates hibs. In fact, that’s Ewan Murray the golf guy I am thinking of.

SB could tell you Hibs play at Easter Road, and you could fairly confidently put money on Hibs not playing in Edinburgh if he had said that.

Definitely does. He loves a negative Hibs story and regularly printed that Hibs were chasing a player (when we weren’t) so he could headline….. Aberdeen beat Hibs or Hearts beat Hibs to transfer target!

Alex Trager
19-01-2024, 07:46 AM
Definitely does. He loves a negative Hibs story and regularly printed that Hibs were chasing a player (when we weren’t) so he could headline….. Aberdeen beat Hibs or Hearts beat Hibs to transfer target!

Aye that’s right.

That’s where my understanding of him as a Hibs hater comes from.

Aldo
19-01-2024, 07:47 AM
Aye that’s right.

That’s where my understanding of him as a Hibs hater comes from.

Mine too. Took over the mantle from Jackson.

matty_f
19-01-2024, 08:04 AM
Who is Scott Burns?

I never trust anyone whose name can be a true or false question.

headshrinker
19-01-2024, 08:17 AM

Sounds to me a bit like Johnson with Jair! Cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Brightside
19-01-2024, 08:18 AM

Just ignore pretty much any journo now. You’ll get more info on here than any paper

RIP
19-01-2024, 08:52 AM

Elie has proven time and time again that he can get goals when he receives the ball within 25 yards of the goalline. He's wasted out on the touchline or picking up the ball on the halfway line.

He came to the club as a 9 and never deserved being punted out to the wings.

KWJ
19-01-2024, 10:26 AM
Elie has proven time and time again that he can get goals when he receives the ball within 25 yards of the goalline. He's wasted out on the touchline or picking up the ball on the halfway line.

Disagree with the being wide but agree about half way line
. Problem when he plays wide, recently anyway, is that he runs inside too deep and into danger. He'd be better holding his width and coming in nearer the box as well as getting onto things at back post.

KWJ
19-01-2024, 10:26 AM
If he's only 6 inches tall, i'm not surprised that heading isn't his strong point. :greengrin

Good spot! 😂

RIP
19-01-2024, 10:43 AM
Disagree with the being wide but agree about half way line
. Problem when he plays wide, recently anyway, is that he runs inside too deep and into danger. He'd be better holding his width and coming in nearer the box as well as getting onto things at back post.

I think these faults arise because:-

1. Elie's not a natural winger.
2. As we see repeatedly, when crosses are played into the box, there's never anyone on the end of them.
3. He looks for other attackers to play a 1-2 with, but because of our shape, we never have enough players forward and central

He's here!
19-01-2024, 11:16 AM
Just spotted the Israel International St Johnstone signed got his clearance. He was announced on 9 January

Had we been linked with him?

KWJ
19-01-2024, 11:50 AM
I think these faults arise because:-

1. Elie's not a natural winger.
2. As we see repeatedly, when crosses are played into the box, there's never anyone on the end of them.
3. He looks for other attackers to play a 1-2 with, but because of our shape, we never have enough players forward and central

Hmm. I don't think we've really seen enough of him up top to know for sure. I'd certainly rather play him there than Boyle going by recent games.

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2024, 11:56 AM
Everything about this suggests he’s quality, but also a nutter/boy who has lost his way. Unfortunately, as we know, you have to take a punt on a rehab case if you want that genuine quality. I’ll be delighted if he’s got class and turns it on for us. I’m sick of clogging up our roster with journeymen who can ‘do a job’. Leave the 33 year old Greg Stewart’s to the Killies of this world

Callum_62
19-01-2024, 12:00 PM
Get the badge in!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240119/6d022704631a2f6d1ad216f62d6c0565.jpg

Rumble de Thump
19-01-2024, 12:40 PM
Is it true that the Hertha Berlin manager is a regular subscriber to Lee Johnson's man management webinars?

Saint Hibee
19-01-2024, 12:43 PM
Everything about this suggests he’s quality, but also a nutter/boy who has lost his way. Unfortunately, as we know, you have to take a punt on a rehab case if you want that genuine quality. I’ll be delighted if he’s got class and turns it on for us. I’m sick of clogging up our roster with journeymen who can ‘do a job’. Leave the 33 year old Greg Stewart’s to the Killies of this world

100% agreed. He might be amazing or he might be a complete disaster, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to bore us to death with endless sideways passes.

cubehindthegoal
19-01-2024, 01:23 PM

… though he might have an advantage for diving headers 😉

Baader
19-01-2024, 01:42 PM
Mine too. Took over the mantle from Jackson.
Current Buns who can't take their spite out on Celtic as its too risky and they need to live in Glasgow so just transfer it to Hibs instead...

Stubbsy90+2
19-01-2024, 02:11 PM

The thought of us ever signing 33 yo Greg Stewart is thoroughly depressing. Much rather see us attempt something like this.

Aldo
19-01-2024, 03:44 PM
Current Buns who can't take their spite out on Celtic as its too risky and they need to live in Glasgow so just transfer it to Hibs instead...

Something like that.

ruthven_raiders
19-01-2024, 03:47 PM

Exactly this, he is too hot and cold out wide, but ball breaks to him in box, bang ball is in the net, aka tynecastle Derby 💚

scm70nyd1973
19-01-2024, 04:30 PM
Good spot! 😂

Highly impressive - GA notes a short arse and KWJ spots a pluke 🤭😂

I’m off to get ma coat 🫢

Hibees1973
19-01-2024, 04:47 PM
When he was at Lyon he played 13 games in the first team and scored 1 goal.

Nice then bought him for 10M euros.

Does his form at Lyon really merit a transfer fee like that, then Nice insert a 100M euro release clause. He played 52 games for Nice over 3 seasons and scored 4 goals. Some teams really have money to burn.

Could be a gem for our level, who knows.

A loan signing and little risk to us, as long as there are no clauses we overlook.

JimBHibees
20-01-2024, 07:49 AM

Especially post 2016 and their campaign to catch all pitch offending Hibs fans while obviously the vast majority of ex Rangers news journos bitter we won anyway. :greengrin

flash
20-01-2024, 08:00 AM

Does his form at Lyon really merit a transfer fee like that, then Nice insert a 100M euro release clause. He played 52 games for Nice over 3 seasons and scored 4 goals. Some teams really have money to burn.

A loan signing and little risk to us, as long as there are no clauses we overlook.

Strangely negative way of looking at an exciting signing.

JimBHibees
20-01-2024, 08:05 AM

Yes I think it is fair to say we are not at the level of top French teams. Must be draining that everything the club does is analysed from such a negative lens.

WhileTheChief..
20-01-2024, 08:18 AM

Those pesky stats getting in the way again :greengrin

flash
20-01-2024, 08:19 AM
Those pesky stats getting in the way again :greengrin

You know what I mean.

Not In The Know
20-01-2024, 08:33 AM

Peak Hibs net. We aren’t even excited about getting a 10million pound striker. 😔

Jones28
20-01-2024, 09:18 AM

Do you find anything Hibs do exciting or positive?

TheGreenMan
20-01-2024, 09:26 AM
I never trust anyone whose name can be a true or false question.

😂

Hibees1973
20-01-2024, 10:19 AM
Do you find anything Hibs do exciting or positive?

Yes, when it is appropriate to get excited and positive.

The guy has been playing his football most recently in the German Bundesliga 4th tier.

Can judge when we see how he gets on in Forfar and once he makes a few appearances.

Torto7
20-01-2024, 10:40 AM
Get the badge in!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240119/6d022704631a2f6d1ad216f62d6c0565.jpg

Nice Cargo's tbf.

A Hi-Bee
20-01-2024, 10:40 AM
Yes, when it is appropriate to get excited and positive.

The guy has been playing his football most recently in the German Bundesliga 4th tier.

Can judge when we see how he gets on in Forfar and once he makes a few appearances.

Who are you to judge? have an opinion by all means and we all have that, but judge..... He will not even be playing until he gets international clearance and you think you are in a position to judge, I leave that with the people who pick the team. e10mill player dont care if he has been playing down the Links this kind of signing is positive and in my humble a potentially exiting signing, more so than anything the manky mob from gorgie have signed!!!!!

SChibs
20-01-2024, 10:56 AM
Can see this from Hertha's point of view. Hope he bags 10 goals and 5 assists then they try recoup some of the £m's they paid for him. If they can't they maybe give him a second chance

7Hero
20-01-2024, 11:02 AM
Peak Hibs net. We aren’t even excited about getting a 10million pound striker. 😔

But he's not a £10 million pound signing.

7Hero
20-01-2024, 11:04 AM
Who are you to judge? have an opinion by all means and we all have that, but judge..... He will not even be playing until he gets international clearance and you think you are in a position to judge, I leave that with the people who pick the team. e10mill player dont care if he has been playing down the Links this kind of signing is positive and in my humble a potentially exiting signing, more so than anything the manky mob from gorgie have signed!!!!!

Anybody can judge..

CentreForward
20-01-2024, 11:07 AM
He’s not a striker,, His goal scoring record is abysmal.

Greenbeard
20-01-2024, 11:13 AM
Nee-naw, nee-naw. Here come the semantics polis.
My view is that we are all currently expressing an opinion on the guy's merits and whether or not he is a good signing because we don't have any objective evidence of how he is going to play at Hibs. After he has played a few games and settled in and we have such evidence, we can give reasons for our opinion (which might have changed) and therefore make our own personal judgement.
Doppler nee-naw, nee-naw.......

Hibees1973
20-01-2024, 11:40 AM

Pftt, have you missed the bus to Forfar?

The meaning of judge is:

'form an opinion or conclusion about'

As far as I'm aware we are all allowed to do this on hibs.net

Hope you get to Forfar on time.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2024, 11:57 AM
I will judge him when i see him play, not a minute before.

greenlex
20-01-2024, 12:14 PM
Pftt, have you missed the bus to Forfar?

The meaning of judge is:

'form an opinion or conclusion about'

As far as I'm aware we are all allowed to do this on hibs.net

Hope you get to Forfar on time.

so go on. Tell us how you’ve formed your opinion? :rolleyes:

Hibees1973
20-01-2024, 12:25 PM
so go on. Tell us how you’ve formed your opinion? :rolleyes:

It gets a bit tiresome when some posters don't read in full what others have said.

My previous comment was :

'Can judge when we see how he gets on in Forfar and once he makes a few appearances'

At no point have I said I will judge or form an opinion before even seeing him in a Hibs jersey.

Hope this is clear. I can't really spell it out more than this.

brydekirk
20-01-2024, 12:26 PM
After watching the videos, if he applies himself 100% he will light up the SPL.

Irish_Steve
20-01-2024, 12:32 PM
Nee-naw, nee-naw. Here come the semantics polis.
My view is that we are all currently expressing an opinion on the guy's merits and whether or not he is a good signing because we don't have any objective evidence of how he is going to play at Hibs. After he has played a few games and settled in and we have such evidence, we can give reasons for our opinion (which might have changed) and therefore make our own personal judgement.
Doppler nee-naw, nee-naw.......

This made me laugh way more than it should have :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

greenlex
20-01-2024, 12:34 PM
It gets a bit tiresome when some posters don't read in full what others have said.

'Can judge when we see how he gets on in Forfar and once he makes a few appearances'

At no point have I said I will judge or form an opinion before even seeing him in a Hibs jersey.

To quote you from the first part of the post.

“ When he was at Lyon he played 13 games in the first team and scored 1 goal.

Does his form at Lyon really merit a transfer fee like that, then Nice insert a 100M euro release clause. He played 52 games for Nice over 3 seasons and scored 4 goals. Some teams really have money to burn.”

The very epitome of judgement. You’ve already formed an opinion. Tiresome indeed.

TrinityHFC
20-01-2024, 12:35 PM

He’s not going to be available to play at Forfar.

Hibees1973
20-01-2024, 12:50 PM
To quote you from the first part of the post.

“ When he was at Lyon he played 13 games in the first team and scored 1 goal.

Does his form at Lyon really merit a transfer fee like that, then Nice insert a 100M euro release clause. He played 52 games for Nice over 3 seasons and scored 4 goals. Some teams really have money to burn.”

The very epitome of judgement. You’ve already formed an opinion. Tiresome indeed.

And to quote the second part of my post, which you conveniently omitted.

'Could be a gem for our level, who knows.

A loan signing and little risk to us, as long as there are no clauses we overlook.'

A master of lazy editing you are greenlex.

greenlex
20-01-2024, 01:01 PM
And to quote the second part of my post, which you conveniently omitted.

'Could be a gem for our level, who knows.

A loan signing and little risk to us, as long as there are no clauses we overlook.'

A master of lazy editing you are greenlex.

Pot and kettle mate. There’s nothing lazy about it. You conveniently ommitted the first part that I was merely highlighting. You have formed an opinion by posting that and the quotes at the end are you wanting to have it changed. But you crack on and have the last word.

basehibby
20-01-2024, 01:56 PM
WELCOME MYZIANE!

This has the potential to be a great loan move for all parties.
It's plain that Myziane has not hit the ground running at Hertha Berlin but, hopefully he will be busting a gut to make a point - particularly with the bizzare rantings of his former coach at HB ringing in his ears.
His path so far in football indicates there is certainly a quality player in there - hopefully Hibs is the team where this is proven definitively.

hibsbollah
20-01-2024, 06:45 PM
But he's not a £10 million pound signing.

This must be the most pointless contribution i have ever read on here :faf:

If Hibs had spent £10 million on any player, they would have borrowed against the club, with money we dont have, and we all KNOW this hasn’t happened. Nobody wants us to spend £10 million on a player. Hes a player that has been considered as worth that sort of money in the past. Obviously he hasnt reached the level he was expected of him yet, but…

We’re entitled to be a bit excited about the possibilities, if we want to be. Or we can sit in front of our pc and be miserable and tornfaced.

Hibrandenburg
20-01-2024, 06:51 PM
This must be the most pointless contribution i have ever read on here :faf:

If Hibs had spent £10 million on any player, they would have borrowed against the club, with money we dont have, and we all KNOW this hasn’t happened. Nobody wants us to spend £10 million on a player. Hes a player that has been considered as worth that sort of money in the past. Obviously he hasnt reached the level he was expected of him yet, but…

We’re entitled to be a bit excited about the possibilities, if we want to be. Or we can sit in front of our pc and be miserable and tornfaced.

Are you new to Hibs Net?

hibsbollah
20-01-2024, 06:53 PM
Are you new to Hibs Net?

Yep. Seems like a friendly vibe. I might hang around for a bit :greengrin

jakeshibs
20-01-2024, 06:54 PM
Anyone know how long it will take to get international clearance to play

CapitalGreen
20-01-2024, 07:01 PM

Monty said post match he’s hopeful he’ll be available for Wednesday night.

jacomo
20-01-2024, 07:48 PM
Yep. Seems like a friendly vibe. I might hang around for a bit :greengrin

:faf:

Exuberance1875
20-01-2024, 07:56 PM
I thought he was going to be playing today? Was it red tape? Perhaps I am wrong

brydekirk
20-01-2024, 08:13 PM

Should be done quickly as he has international caps.

California-Hibs
20-01-2024, 09:09 PM
Didn't Montgomery reference that he'd be available for selection on Wednesday?

JimBHibees
20-01-2024, 09:10 PM
Didn't Montgomery reference that he'd be available for selection on Wednesday?

Think it may have been hope he is available

jakeshibs
21-01-2024, 10:12 AM
Monty said post match he’s hopeful he’ll be available for Wednesday night.

Thank you most kindly as high hopes