PDA

View Full Version : Megwa recalled from Airdrie

Percy Vere
18-01-2024, 08:58 AM
Reading he's been brought home to ER.
Been in excellent form for Airdrie, fingers crossed.

Carheenlea
18-01-2024, 09:07 AM
If Megwa is being recalled you’d have to assume that Montgomery will be looking to start him regularly. To cut short a very successful loan to sit him on the bench would be counter productive, where a further half season in championship could return an even more ready-to-go player.

Straight in for Saturday I wonder?

Greencore
18-01-2024, 09:08 AM
Excited about him, has had rave reviews.

oneone73
18-01-2024, 09:09 AM
If Megwa is being recalled you’d have to assume that Montgomery will be looking to start him regularly. To cut short a very successful loan to sit him on the bench would be counter productive, where a further half season in championship could return an even more ready-to-go player.

Straight in for Saturday I wonder?

He's cup-tied

Onceinawhile
18-01-2024, 09:11 AM
He's cup-tied

Ffs.

Still that didn't stop us last season!

Carheenlea
18-01-2024, 09:18 AM
He's cup-tied

Smashing start :hilarious

Centre Hawf
18-01-2024, 09:44 AM
Hope he does get recalled, even if it is to be more of a back up/rotating option with Miller (we all know his injuries can pop up at any time).

That being said it looks like his first game will be against Rangers at Easter Road, not the nicest of atmospheres to get dropped into, hope everyone doesn't jump to conclusions on the laddie based on that game - both good and bad.

Brightside
18-01-2024, 11:32 AM

Reading where?

Saint Hibee
18-01-2024, 11:36 AM

Has this actually been announced by the club yet?

SaulGoodman
18-01-2024, 11:53 AM
Reading where?

Just west of London.

Rumble de Thump
18-01-2024, 11:55 AM
The latest was from a couple of days ago on the Hibs website where he said he is unsure what will happen but, whether he is at Hibs or Airdrie for the rest of the season, he just wants to keep playing. He seems to feel he has benefitted a lot from the loan, is learning a lot and has been really enjoying it.

HoboHarry
18-01-2024, 12:05 PM
He's cup-tied
How this rule can still exist when we have transfer windows now is a bit ridiculous. The time to bin it was a long time ago...

Golden Bear
18-01-2024, 01:53 PM
Hope he does get recalled, even if it is to be more of a back up/rotating option with Miller (we all know his injuries can pop up at any time).

That being said it looks like his first game will be against Rangers at Easter Road, not the nicest of atmospheres to get dropped into, hope everyone doesn't jump to conclusions on the laddie based on that game - both good and bad.

How true that is. A couple of bad passes and some of our worthies will write his career off there and then.

:rolleyes:

Unseen work
18-01-2024, 01:55 PM
Official now.

All the best Kanayo, look forward to seeing you play!

Also, can we please keep in mind he’s a young lad that’s only played 6 months in the championship. Think some will have huge expectations on the lad.

CockneyRebel
18-01-2024, 01:59 PM
Just west of London.

:greengrin

yerauldda
18-01-2024, 02:57 PM
Airdrie fans seem to be absolutely gutted, good.

HIBS NUTS
18-01-2024, 03:37 PM
Official now.

All the best Kanayo, look forward to seeing you play!

Also, can we please keep in mind he’s a young lad that’s only played 6 months in the championship. Think some will have huge expectations on the lad.
He’s played for kelts hearts last season, at right back, but I get your point.
I see the update on Cadden isn’t particularly good, apparently he is still some way off, playing for the first team.
So Kanayo looks very likely to play right back, for the foreseeable future .

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-01-2024, 03:42 PM
I see the update on Cadden isn’t particularly good, apparently he is still some way off, playing for the first team.

Or be in competition with Miller for that spot.

tamig
19-01-2024, 07:05 PM
The position is his for the taking. I like Miller but some of his concentration lapses have been costly this season. And he doesn’t appear to be learning from them. Looking forward to seeing how Megwa does. Always looked very impressive whenever I’ve seen Airdrie on the telly.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2024, 07:14 PM
Would be surprised if he doesn’t play against Rangers on Wednesday.

CB Hibs 68
19-01-2024, 08:07 PM
Just west of London.

Boom Boom.Thank got for a bit it wit and repartee on this site.I doff my hat to you young sir.

hibbie02
19-01-2024, 10:33 PM
Great move by Hibs. From what I have seen of him, he has great potential. From the matches I have seen him play, he stands out at RB. More so than Miller.

JimBHibees
20-01-2024, 08:03 AM
Great move by Hibs. From what I have seen of him, he has great potential. From the matches I have seen him play, he stands out at RB. More so than Miller.

Personally think Miller still has huge potential however seems to have had a dip in form hopefully be back at it after Asia Cup. Good opportunity for Megwa though Rangers first couldn't be much tougher. Watched some of his recent game v Raith and thought looked composed and confident.

147lothian
25-01-2024, 09:32 AM
Would be surprised if he doesn’t play against Rangers on Wednesday.

No surprise for you.