PDA

View Full Version : Monty and Mckirdy

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2024, 07:23 PM
So great to have a manager determined to get the best out of players and bring them on. I hope and expect McKirdy to be like a top new signing.

Stubbsy90+2
15-01-2024, 07:32 PM
I hope he can be but I don’t think it would be fair to expect it. More than anything he’ll need to show a huge amount of mental strength to overcome what he has.

Fingers crossed though.

Donegal Hibby
16-01-2024, 07:39 PM
Monty could be just the right manager for Mckirdy considering how Cummings got on at CCM ..

We don't know what effect Mckirdy's condition had on him previously. I thought he looked lively when he came on recently, no harm in getting behind him and giving him a chance after every thing he's been through .

Normally I don't mind which of our players score though must admit I'd be particularly delighted if Mckirdy were to score . Hopefully that starts at Forfar.

Cmon Harry 😀.
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/harry-mckirdy-like-new-hibs-28452872

Winston Ingram
16-01-2024, 07:40 PM
So great to have a manager determined to get the best out of players and bring them on. I hope and expect McKirdy to be like a top new signing.

I wish he was as determined with Boyle, Youan and Vente.

Spike Mandela
16-01-2024, 08:04 PM
Much as I would love to see a rejuvenated McKirdy banging in the goals at ER, after all he's been through healthwise, it's easy for us with green tinted spectacles to forget how little an impact he had previously.

Lendo
16-01-2024, 08:07 PM
Is McKirdy with the squad in Dubai? I thought I saw him running along the canal at Kingsknowe on Monday morning.

CapitalGreen
16-01-2024, 08:08 PM
Is McKirdy with the squad in Dubai? I thought I saw him running along the canal at Kingsknowe on Monday morning.

Yeah he was in Dubai.

MrRobot
16-01-2024, 08:08 PM
Much as I would love to see a rejuvenated McKirdy banging in the goals at ER, after all he's been through healthwise, it's easy for us with green tinted spectacles to forget how little an impact he had previously.

I mean, the guy only had a serious, life threatening heart problem while playing under a clown of a manager who’d chuck him on for 10 minutes near the end of a game.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-01-2024, 08:54 PM
I mean, the guy only had a serious, life threatening heart problem while playing under a clown of a manager who’d chuck him on for 10 minutes near the end of a game.

I give you exhibit A m’laud….

[“call Jair Tavares!”]

coincidentally was speaking with a Makem tonight and man about town LJ was not liked for that reason - dunno what the equiv of George St is in Sunderland-o.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-01-2024, 08:58 PM
I wish he was as determined with Boyle, Youan and Vente.
Probably has/feels a duty of care over a player with specific health issue as progressive new gen managers will likely do.

Empathetic leadership should t be seen as a weakness but I have my tin hat on for the “football view” on that.

and yet he’s focused on improving all players but maybe some have further to go interns or time and support.

Scottie
16-01-2024, 09:03 PM
Monty could be just the right manager for Mckirdy considering how Cummings got on at CCM ..

We don't know what effect Mckirdy's condition had on him previously. I thought he looked lively when he came on recently, no harm in getting behind him and giving him a chance after every thing he's been through .

Normally I don't mind which of our players score though must admit I'd be particularly delighted if Mckirdy were to score . Hopefully that starts at Forfar.

Cmon Harry 😀.
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/harry-mckirdy-like-new-hibs-28452872
Good to see you back DH. I must have missed your homecoming :wink:

Wilson
16-01-2024, 09:43 PM

Must have been a cocker spaniel with a particularly bad groom job?

IvanSproule
17-01-2024, 07:21 PM
Hopefully gets a game at Forfar.
He still has the potential to be a top player at this level.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
17-01-2024, 07:36 PM

Just a goal or two wouldn't go amiss! :greengrin

worcesterhibby
17-01-2024, 09:57 PM
Just a goal or two wouldn't go amiss! :greengrin

Once he gets one, he'll get 10.

jacomo
18-01-2024, 08:24 AM

We need a no.10, to let Vente stay up top and Boyle do his best work out wide.

Ronniekirk
18-01-2024, 09:37 AM
If anyone can The Man from Del Monty Can
It’s a match made in Heaven My only concern is he looked so slight and light weight at times was easily nudged off the ball
Been out for so long it’s going to take time for him to get fully fit But he will score goals

Keith_M
18-01-2024, 02:48 PM

In the one game?