PDA

View Full Version : Dubai Training Camp

Up-the-slope
11-01-2024, 10:12 PM
I might have missed stuff / cant find it elsewhere but thought a separate thread might be useful :dunno:

So do we know exactly who went on flight? (reported in Tabloid that Megwa & young Leeds Defender both taken - the latter effectively on trial)

I noted the managers defence of trip around team bonding / chance to work with players on way he wants to play etc - not his fault but given that a good few first team squad are away on international duty how will that work in wider group (I realise this will still be the case after trip for following 2/3 weeks)

If the manager is in Dubai and - rightly - wants to talk to / interview potential signings, surely being away form EM means it will slow transfer business?

The winter break still seems odd - cram games into Pre-Christmas - cram into post break (cups etc).. when spreading out over break weeks would ease costs for fans pre- Christmas / reduce fatigue / allow time for coaching if not games in midweek etc..

Callum_62
11-01-2024, 10:18 PM
I might have missed stuff / cant find it elsewhere but thought a separate thread might be useful :dunno:

So do we know exactly who went on flight? (reported in Tabloid that Megwa & young Leeds Defender both taken - the latter effectively on trial)

I noted the managers defence of trip around team bonding / chance to work with players on way he wants to play etc - not his fault but given that a good few first team squad are away on international duty how will that work in wider group (I realise this will still be the case after trip for following 2/3 weeks)

If the manager is in Dubai and - rightly - wants to talk to / interview potential signings, surely being away form EM means it will slow transfer business?

The winter break still seems odd - cram games into Pre-Christmas - cram into post break (cups etc).. when spreading out over break weeks would ease costs for fans pre- Christmas / reduce fatigue / allow time for coaching if not games in midweek etc..Being away from east mains will have no bearing on any transfer dealings

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
12-01-2024, 01:28 AM
Being away from east mains will have no bearing on any transfer dealings

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Exactly.

The carrier pigeons they use to communicate these days are far quicker than when I were a lad:greengrin

Iain G
12-01-2024, 07:03 AM

The winter break still seems odd - cram games into Pre-Christmas - cram into post break (cups etc).. when spreading out over break weeks would ease costs for fans pre- Christmas / reduce fatigue / allow time for coaching if not games in midweek etc..

It's easier, quicker and cheaper to get the players he wants to meet from Australia to Dubai than to Edinburgh 😁

Up-the-slope
12-01-2024, 09:02 AM
It's easier, quicker and cheaper to get the players he wants to meet from Australia to Dubai than to Edinburgh 😁

That is true... but less helpful if he wants to talk to UK based players... (unless Foley has shares in Emirates :wink:)

Bridge hibs
12-01-2024, 10:21 AM
That is true... but less helpful if he wants to talk to UK based players... (unless Foley has shares in Emirates :wink:)

Communication would most likely be with players agents/reps, and it wouldn't be outwith the realms of impossibility to use internet and lap tops

Probably slightly quicker than carrier pigeon unless they are using a Dubious Dubai Dial up 😀

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2024, 11:16 AM
Communication would most likely be with players agents/reps, and it wouldn't be outwith the realms of impossibility to use internet and lap tops

Probably slightly quicker than carrier pigeon unless they are using a Dubious Dubai Dial up 😀

Up-the-slope
12-01-2024, 03:28 PM

:greengrin

Up-the-slope
12-01-2024, 03:29 PM
So... back to original post. Any one got factual list of players out in Dubai ?

greenlex
12-01-2024, 04:06 PM
We’re away for a week not the whole break.

HoboHarry
12-01-2024, 04:08 PM
Oh boy, are you in for a treat when you find out about video conferencing....

Eyrie
12-01-2024, 07:18 PM

:thumbsup:

"Deny everything, Baldrick" is one of my favourite lines.

scm70nyd1973
12-01-2024, 07:27 PM
:thumbsup:

"Deny everything, Baldrick" is one of my favourite lines.

Brilliant- poor old Speckled Jim - blown to smitherenees ☹️

cabbageandribs1875
12-01-2024, 09:11 PM
beaten 5-1 by servette

bounce game with Wolves cancelled due to a lack of fit players

Hibiza
13-01-2024, 05:38 PM
It's just a farce .

Corstorphine Hibby
13-01-2024, 05:42 PM
It's just a farce .

You're on a roll tonight. I see you've made an equally uplifting post on the transfer thread too.

jakeshibs
13-01-2024, 05:50 PM

so very true

Up-the-slope
14-01-2024, 06:22 PM

Had more than enough during Covid... while it has its uses its useless verses being in the same room for body language / the casual interactions of a walk round a 'workplace' seeing how people react / interact etc.