PDA

View Full Version : Siobhan Hunter

LewysGot2
08-01-2024, 07:39 PM
One of the genuine stalwarts of Hibs Women and Hibs fan into the bargain- her mum is critically ill abroad after a serious accident on holiday.
The family are fundraising to try and allow them to stay with her and meet expenses incurred.

Not sure if this is allowed but the fundraiser is here

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jkm8t8-help-julie

Terrible situation. God bless, Shiv

DaveF
08-01-2024, 08:14 PM
How sad. A great amount raised so far and hopefully much more to come to help the family out.

marinello59
08-01-2024, 08:30 PM
A terrible situation for the family to deal with.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jkm8t8-help-julie

DarlingtonHibee
08-01-2024, 08:32 PM
Small donation made.

MKHIBEE
09-01-2024, 04:49 AM
Thoughts are with all the family and friends, a horrible time for them

Juice-Terry
09-01-2024, 06:30 AM
Done.

DaveF
09-01-2024, 06:43 AM
Very generous donations from both Leslie Robb (he of recent share revamp news) and Ian Gordon.

Nice to see so many individuals supporting this with whatever they can. To think the starting amount was 2k, I really hope this helps the family at a difficult time.

CentreLine
09-01-2024, 06:55 AM
Horribley difficult time for any family. Here’s hoping her mother makes a full recovery and that the family can be with her all the way

Hibby Gav
09-01-2024, 09:26 AM
Done.

my thoughts are with her and the family….a horrible time ….

Peanut Shaz
09-01-2024, 10:11 AM
Donation made. Thoughts with the family.

Trinity Hibee
09-01-2024, 10:30 AM
Horrible situation. Nice to see football people/teams coming together to support the cause

Chorley Hibee
11-01-2024, 10:26 PM
I see that Siobhan's Nana passed away today.

She must be going through so much right now.

Life really can be a bummer at times.

AllyT
12-01-2024, 05:57 AM
Ian Gordon put £1000 in. Good man

marinello59
17-01-2024, 07:44 PM

Pagan Hibernia
17-01-2024, 07:48 PM
Ian Gordon put £1000 in. Good man

As has hibs.net and the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation.

I love our hibs family sometimes.

A very generous £120 from Hamilton Academical WFC too

Pretty Boy
17-01-2024, 07:53 PM

I think Hearts Women are donating the gate receipts from their upcoming fixture too. I noticed young Megwa has made a nice donation as well.

Horrible situation but heartening to see the football community rallying round.

Chipper1875
17-01-2024, 08:13 PM
Truly Incredible donations by men people and close on £50k raised .

Hopefully, this will be enough to fly her mum home and get treated in Edinburgh. And give the family some comfort. It just shows the importance of taking out holiday insurance. You never know when it’s needed.

Bridge hibs
17-01-2024, 08:21 PM
Update from yesterday

UPDATE ON OUR BEAUTIFUL MUM

We appreciate each and every donation made so far, and we can't believe the generosity that has been shown to our family, it's above and beyond what we had hoped for. However, our mum is still CRITICAL and the update from the Spanish doctors in the last couple of days has NOT been good. The language barrier is extremely challenging for us all. They are so strict with visiting hours and who visits. We are only allowed 2 people at any time so we are not all able to visit her together.

This is hard for us as we are trying to comfort each other. We only receive one daily update in broken English most of the time. We are so confused!!!! One doctor will say one thing and another will tell us something else. We really don't want to ask any more of you all, unfortunately we have no other option.

We NEED to get our mum back to the UK ASAP.
We need to get her on an air ambulance within the next 48 hours and the cheapest we could get is 40k and we just don't have that amount. We have had to spend some of the GoFundMe raised to enable us to stay in Tenerife with our mum so we need to raise a further £10k and would appreciate your help to make this happen. We are desperate to get our mum home and the only way we can do this is with your help.

There is no way we can possibly thank people enough!
!! PLEASE HELP US GET JULIE HOME !!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jkm8t8-help-

Keith_M
18-01-2024, 02:50 PM
I think Hearts Women are donating the gate receipts from their upcoming fixture too. I noticed young Megwa has made a nice donation as well.

Horrible situation but heartening to see the football community rallying round.

That's a fantastic gesture, well done!

McD
18-01-2024, 08:04 PM
You see the best (and worst sometimes) of folk in moments of crisis, and we’re seeing some fantastic support given across the footballing world, from Hibs.net (well done admins), Ian Gordon, Leslie Robb, a young lad in Megwa, Hamilton women’s club, Hearts women’s club, hundreds if not thousands of people, truly well done to all.

7Hero
18-01-2024, 10:05 PM

£1k from HSF I believe. Well done 👏

JimBHibees
19-01-2024, 06:03 AM
Terribly sad story. Great to see the level of support.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2024, 07:02 AM
I know I'm in Blackpool, but I'm going to Tenerife on Tuesday, if I can take something out there that you may need to get out there, if you can get it to me by Monday I will get it to the hospital.

wazoo1875
19-01-2024, 07:21 AM
I know I'm in Blackpool, but I'm going to Tenerife on Tuesday, if I can take something out there that you may need to get out there, if you can get it to me by Monday I will get it to the hospital.

A fine gesture BH, nice one

staunchhibby
19-01-2024, 07:22 AM
Great gesture bh