PDA

View Full Version : Permaloans

bordergreen
06-01-2024, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know/have any info on the players who seem permanently on loan. The two I can think of are Daniel Mackay and Dylan Tait.

Has anyone heard if they are being looked at by Monty and his team? Have they already decided they are not good enough?

Two really strange bits of business, signed then permanently loaned out. Could be that the change of managers hasn’t helped.

Just wondered if anyone had any info, or, had heard/read anything I have missed.

Paul1642
06-01-2024, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know/have any info on the players who seem permanently on loan. The two I can think of are Daniel Mackay and Dylan Tait.

Has anyone heard if they are being looked at by Monty and his team? Have they already decided they are not good enough?

Two really strange bits of business, signed then permanently loaned out. Could be that the change of managers hasn’t helped.

Just wondered if anyone had any info, or, had heard/read anything I have missed.

They were signed as players we who were not ready for the 1st team but showed the potential that they could be good enough in a few years time.

Their progression since then has unfortunately not been good enough and they will likely leave the club eventually without ever breaking into the team.

This is just the economics of football and it will still be a success for the club to have 3 out of 4 players signed for their potential not work out as long as the 4th does work out and becomes a good 1st team player.

bordergreen
06-01-2024, 02:40 PM
They were signed as players we who were not ready for the 1st team but showed the potential that they could be good enough in a few years time.

Their progression since then has unfortunately not been good enough and they will likely leave the club eventually without ever breaking into the team.

This is just the economics of football and it will still be a success for the club to have 3 out of 4 players signed for their potential not work out as long as the 4th does work out and becomes a good 1st team player.

I get that. I was more wondering if anyone knew if Monty had looked at them, and if anyone had heard what those thoughts were. We hear less from within the club these days, which is not a bad thing. Was just curious if anyone had heard anything.

Paul1642
06-01-2024, 02:53 PM
I get that. I was more wondering if anyone knew if Monty had looked at them, and if anyone had heard what those thoughts were. We hear less from within the club these days, which is not a bad thing. Was just curious if anyone had heard anything.

I’m not sure if he’s been Injured or just out of favour by Mackay doesn’t seem to be standing out at all at at Livi. They also have an option to buy so they will presumably either activate that or decide he’s not worth it which would defiantly indicate he’s not going to make it at Hibs.

Tait doesn’t seem to be holding down a place at Hamilton. I have no idea Monty’s thoughts but with both being 22 year old I don’t think we will see either play for Hibs.

bordergreen
06-01-2024, 03:47 PM
I’m not sure if he’s been Injured or just out of favour by Mackay doesn’t seem to be standing out at all at at Livi. They also have an option to buy so they will presumably either activate that or decide he’s not worth it which would defiantly indicate he’s not going to make it at Hibs.

Tait doesn’t seem to be holding down a place at Hamilton. I have no idea Monty’s thoughts but with both being 22 year old I don’t think we will see either play for Hibs.

Ok mate, thanks. Was wondering if either was deemed worth being recalled, given our current shortage of 1st team players. From what you say, seems not.

Hiber-nation
06-01-2024, 04:31 PM
A guy I know who watches Raith regularly said Tait was the best midfielder in the league when we signed him and would be a fantastic signing for Hibs....if he screwed the nut.
Not sure what's happened to him.

McKay didn't seem to handle playing for Hibs, looked really nervous. I was all for us signing the best young Scottish talent at the time but these 2 haven't worked out at all.

Bridge hibs
06-01-2024, 04:37 PM
A guy I know who watches Raith regularly said Tait was the best midfielder in the league when we signed him and would be a fantastic signing for Hibs....if he screwed the nut.
Not sure what's happened to him.

McKay didn't seem to handle playing for Hibs, looked really nervous. I was all for us signing the best young Scottish talent at the time but these 2 haven't worked out at all.I watched Tait v Aberdeen when they papped them out of the Scottish cup and he totally ran the midfield that day, he was excellent and I was delighted we had signed him, disappointed it hasnt worked out for whatever reason

JasonC1875
06-01-2024, 05:17 PM
I’ve always liked the look of Tait whenever he's been involved for us but then always ends up back out on loan shortly after.

J-C
06-01-2024, 05:22 PM
I think Tait enjoys a wee shandy too often and Mackay has been hampered by a few injuries, remember Tait was the one fighting with McGeady outside a Glasgow pub a year or so ago. I think they'll both end up lower league most of their careers, good young talent that never progressed, it happens a lot.

Stubbsy90+2
06-01-2024, 06:20 PM
I think Tait enjoys a wee shandy too often and Mackay has been hampered by a few injuries, remember Tait was the one fighting with McGeady outside a Glasgow pub a year or so ago. I think they'll both end up lower league most of their careers, good young talent that never progressed, it happens a lot.

I’m sure we were playing whilst they were out getting pished and fighting each other just to make it worse.

Alex Trager
06-01-2024, 06:28 PM
I’m sure we were playing whilst they were out getting pished and fighting each other just to make it worse.

That’s right. Nisbet and KMag involved as well.

Terrible decision to allow them to go out whilst we were playing.

Chorley Hibee
06-01-2024, 07:43 PM
Ended up at Hamilton v Kelty a few weeks back (after Hibs game was called off at Ross County) and Dylan Tait was playing for Accies.

Largely disappointing and compounded a poor performance by getting sent off.

PHeffernan
06-01-2024, 08:12 PM
Dylan Tait is 22 and has played 120 senior games. He should be a stick out in the 3rd tier this season.

Dan MacKay is 22 and has played 140 senior games. He is injured and returned to Hibs for treatment. He will probably be ready to return to Livingston when play resumes.

Both have 17 months left on their contracts.
The odds are neither will play again for Hibs.
Both could ultimately end up bottom 6 SPL players.

I picture Tait back at Raith Rovers when he eventually leaves Hibs.
Mackay has done better so could get a decent club after Hibs if he can avoid injury and perform for Livingston for the rest of the season.

1875Sean
06-01-2024, 08:15 PM
Sure livvy have the option to make the deal permanent for MacKay which would suggest he has no future at Hibs, from the loan players I think megwa is the only one that has a chance in coming back and getting a game, maybe Aitken when he is back from injury

Paul1642
06-01-2024, 09:39 PM
Sure livvy have the option to make the deal permanent for MacKay which would suggest he has no future at Hibs, from the loan players I think megwa is the only one that has a chance in coming back and getting a game, maybe Aitken when he is back from injury

I’ve not written off Kenneh. He came highly rated and it reads like he’s playing pretty regularly and well for Shrewsbury (who are say mid table in League 1).

I know he had some issues with LJ and liked a post on instagram but I’m not gonna hold that against him if he comes back with a good attitude.

Stuart93
06-01-2024, 10:23 PM
Remember watching mackay in preseason v blackpool.

At one point the ball broke forward and he was basically one on one but absolutely shat it from their defender and just stopped running. He isn’t very good

I’ve personally not seen any of tait for us but only ever heard good things

Centre Hawf
08-01-2024, 06:51 PM
Remember watching mackay in preseason v blackpool.

At one point the ball broke forward and he was basically one on one but absolutely shat it from their defender and just stopped running. He isn’t very good

I’ve personally not seen any of tait for us but only ever heard good things

Only seen Mackay against the likes of Falkirk and Celtic in the cup recently but thought he played well and his ICT write ups were sounding fairly promising and worthy of a chance to kick on. But it sounds like he can't do anything at Livingston which tell me all I need to know now.