PDA

View Full Version : Feb Derby

Potty78
05-01-2024, 12:04 PM
See it's been bumped by sky sports, instead they are showing Livi vs Well🤦*♂️ shocking

Jones28
05-01-2024, 12:07 PM
Makes absolutely zero sense, but hey ho, at least Hibs will get to show it on PPV.

B.H.F.C
05-01-2024, 12:14 PM
Makes absolutely zero sense, but hey ho, at least Hibs will get to show it on PPV.

Sky presumably keeping their Tynecastle slots for the visits of the Old Firm which makes sense for their viewing figures. It’s the deal that the clubs took that is more of an issue, although I’ve quite enjoyed the lack of TV interference this season.

JeMeSouviens
05-01-2024, 12:24 PM
The last one wasn't exactly a feast of football for the neutral.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2024, 12:56 PM

Hearts will. We won’t make anything from it.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2024, 12:57 PM
See it's been bumped by sky sports, instead they are showing Livi vs Well🤦*♂️ shocking

Good that they’re showing some of the non old firm games though eh?…

erin go bragh
05-01-2024, 01:32 PM
Sky are a joke. That will be one derby they have shown in the last 5 league games. Glad i don't give them a penny.

percy veer
05-01-2024, 02:05 PM
Shocking the way they treat our derby, must be one of the few derbys in any league that is not shown on the tele

worcesterhibby
05-01-2024, 02:18 PM
have never paid for SKY and never will. When I want to watch a game on TV I go to the local pub..nice boozer, well run, lots of TV's £2.75 for a pint of cider..far cheaper than paying for sky and helps keep a local business going.

McD
05-01-2024, 02:19 PM
Assuming we get top 6, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that derby not being on sky either, they’ll want to keep whatever OF games we have at home for broadcast

Although, at the rate they’re going, we might get both the derby and OF match as they’re not likely to manage the 5 matches at ER. Then again, they’ve actually shown less than the maximum number of matches they can in the last few seasons, so they’d probably just ignore the derby anyway

DavieRoy
05-01-2024, 02:59 PM
Sky are a joke. That will be one derby they have shown in the last 5 league games. Glad i don't give them a penny.

The clubs and SPFL are a joke.

The SPFL put out a tender in 2018 for 4 games at each ground. It was 6 games at each non-Old Firm ground previously.

The clubs have both limited their broadcaster and/or allowed their broadcaster to pick poor games/Old Firm games by limiting the quota.

Carheenlea
05-01-2024, 04:06 PM
Shocking the way they treat our derby, must be one of the few derbys in any league that is not shown on the tele

And in the age of Old Firm visiting fan lock-outs, it’s now the biggest occasion and fixture in Scotland.

He's here!
05-01-2024, 04:33 PM

Sparing the viewers unnecessary pain if last week's game was anything to go by!

Jones28
05-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Hearts will. We won’t make anything from it.

Can’t we stream away games via Hibs TV?

Chuck Rhoades
05-01-2024, 05:46 PM
Means more people will buy a ticket and support the team on the day, fantastic.

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2024, 06:00 PM

The Hibs end would be sold out regardless

davhibby
05-01-2024, 06:01 PM
Assuming we get top 6, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that derby not being on sky either, they’ll want to keep whatever OF games we have at home for broadcast

Although, at the rate they’re going, we might get both the derby and OF match as they’re not likely to manage the 5 matches at ER. Then again, they’ve actually shown less than the maximum number of matches they can in the last few seasons, so they’d probably just ignore the derby anyway

They’ve still got 3 picks from ER and neither of the next two home games against the OF have been picked so I’d say it’s almost a certainty that the post split derby(assuming there is one) will be on sky. Strange as we’ll only be due 2 home games post split so if they don’t use up a game before then they’ll be a game short from ER

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2024, 06:04 PM
They’ve still got 3 picks from ER and neither of the next two home games against the OF have been picked so I’d say it’s almost a certainty that the post split derby(assuming there is one) will be on sky. Strange as we’ll only be due 2 home games post split so if they don’t use up a game before then they’ll be a game short from ER

The next game against Celtc is on Sky

Glory Lurker
05-01-2024, 06:12 PM
Hope it's a "Fab" Derby.

Geddit, geddit???? Crazy, me.

Since90+2
05-01-2024, 06:15 PM

Would make absolutely no difference if it was on sky or not. Game will sellout regardless.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2024, 06:42 PM
Can’t we stream away games via Hibs TV?

You can but you’ll pay Hearts for the privilege.

McD
05-01-2024, 06:51 PM

Think the rangers game later this month is on sky, so coupled with last week and the Celtic game, that would leave 2 possible live matches from ER between now and the end of the season.

It is strange as you say, however I think sky have shown less matches than they’re entitled to in both of the last 2 seasons - all about rangers and Celtic :rolleyes:

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2024, 07:02 PM
Think the rangers game later this month is on sky, so coupled with last week and the Celtic game, that would leave 2 possible live matches from ER between now and the end of the season.

It is strange as you say, however I think sky have shown less matches than they’re entitled to in both of the last 2 seasons - all about rangers and Celtic :rolleyes:

The Rangers game isn’t on

Pagan Hibernia
05-01-2024, 07:06 PM
christ is there another derby coming up that quick...

davhibby
05-01-2024, 07:13 PM

So it is. Must’ve missed that. So it’ll be that and both our home games in the top 6 if we get there then

Pagan Hibernia
05-01-2024, 07:20 PM
In all honesty it's ridiculous.

I know the last game wasn't great but if its a choice between the Edinburgh Derby with a crowd of (not quite) 20k or Livy and Motherwell hoofing it round a plastic pitch in front of about 8 people...

On second thoughts, are we being a bit Old Firm about this? Just expecting our game to be shown because we and hearts are bigger clubs than livingston and well?

B.H.F.C
05-01-2024, 07:28 PM
In all honesty it's ridiculous.

I know the last game wasn't great but if its a choice between the Edinburgh Derby with a crowd of (not quite) 20k or Livy and Motherwell hoofing it round a plastic pitch in front of about 8 people...

On second thoughts, are we being a bit Old Firm about this? Just expecting our game to be shown because we and hearts are bigger clubs than livingston and well?

That’s not what the choice is for them. The choice is between showing the derby or keeping their slots at Tynecastle free so they can show subsequent visits from Rangers and Celtic. They’ll be keeping it for them as they get more viewers, simple as that.

Pagan Hibernia
05-01-2024, 07:30 PM
That’s not what the choice is for them. The choice is between showing the derby or keeping their slots at Tynecastle free so they can show subsequent visits from Rangers and Celtic. They’ll be keeping it for them as they get more viewers, simple as that.

Ah I see.

Their package exists so that the old firm fans can watch their team away.

Carheenlea
05-01-2024, 07:36 PM

:hilarious

JKeatings
05-01-2024, 08:27 PM
I’ve an alternative to watch it without giving the jambo bas***** anything, happy to help anyone out with doing the same

neil7908
05-01-2024, 08:30 PM

I've been pretty sceptical about the investment from Foley but the last couple of weeks have really changed my mind.

Partly based in my understanding of the deal but stuff like this shows how much of a joke Scottish football is.

We've signed up for a deal that treats the non OF clubs as a after thought. This and the continuing embarrassing behaviour of Sevco has made it clear to me that things need shaken up. That status quo cannot continue.

Not In The Know
05-01-2024, 08:57 PM
The clubs and SPFL are a joke.

The SPFL put out a tender in 2018 for 4 games at each ground. It was 6 games at each non-Old Firm ground previously.

The clubs have both limited their broadcaster and/or allowed their broadcaster to pick poor games/Old Firm games by limiting the quota.

mind boggling. Deal should be centred round growing the game. Not just showing Edinburgh Derbys but promoting them. That includes things like build on sky sports news all week gtd before pish like league 1 and cricket on the schedule. Dundee when relevant too.

Contractually sportscene should allocate more than the usual 10-15 mins for the derby. It’s basics that don’t ask for millions from broadcasters that we have had the pee ripped from us.

McD
05-01-2024, 10:53 PM
The Rangers game isn’t on

Is it not? Ffs, what a joke

Hermit Crab
06-01-2024, 09:45 AM
Is it not? Ffs, what a joke

It was never on IIRC. This was moved because of the league cup final, not for sky.

DavieRoy
06-01-2024, 12:00 PM
mind boggling. Deal should be centred round growing the game. Not just showing Edinburgh Derbys but promoting them. That includes things like build on sky sports news all week gtd before pish like league 1 and cricket on the schedule. Dundee when relevant too.

Contractually sportscene should allocate more than the usual 10-15 mins for the derby. It’s basics that don’t ask for millions from broadcasters that we have had the pee ripped from us.

When do we look at the clubs then and the SPFL.

I will try and find the article but when this deal was signed in 2018 to start in 2020, the clubs wanted less games on TV, less at each ground and more money. They got all that.

That has downsides though, meaning less big games on TV due to stadium quotas.

Leeann Dempster, Ann Budge and Stewart Milne were drivers in going from 6 games at each ground to 4. The thought then was more 3pm kickoffs on a Saturday.

That was the tender and it wouldn’t matter who bought the rights, Sky, TNT/BT, Viaplay, Premier Sports or BBC, that is what the clubs wanted to sell.

The new deal which starts next season allows 5 games at each ground.

McD
06-01-2024, 05:12 PM
It was never on IIRC. This was moved because of the league cup final, not for sky.

It’s my mistake, I think you’re right. I saw the day and kick off time and stupidly thought it would be on… should’ve remembered the nonsensical tv deal we have

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2024, 02:56 PM
You can but you’ll pay Hearts for the privilege.

Not necessarily. 😊

Itsnoteasy
12-01-2024, 05:23 PM
not necessarily. 😊

iptv🥳

Just Alf
12-01-2024, 08:00 PM
iptv[emoji3060]Pm please, mines gone :-(

JKeatings
12-01-2024, 08:05 PM
Pm please, mines gone :-(

Check inbox

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2024, 08:53 PM
Not necessarily. 😊

I’m also in this club.

xbar81
15-01-2024, 11:01 AM
sky has gone downhill as a product overall, just the way of the world and i'd agree with people who say it's too woke now.

But our deal with them is a joke in terms of what games they pick...it's basically old firm tv. The Edinburgh derby should be on tv EVERY SINGLE TIME the fixture crops up (with a possible exception if it happened to be a meaningless end of season bottom 6 game or similar)

I've cancelled sky, i hope others do the same.

others ways to see the game such as going to a pub or just settling for the highlights later on. Radio is also quite a good experience. I used to do radio a lot in the 90s and it can make you very tense lol. Lots of pacing around nervously.

flash
15-01-2024, 03:37 PM
sky has gone downhill as a product overall, just the way of the world and i'd agree with people who say it's too woke now.

"Too woke now." We've got a live one here.

xbar81
15-01-2024, 03:44 PM
"Too woke now." We've got a live one here.

nah not a live one don't worry. Just the product is a bit flat these days compared with how it used to be.

There is certainly a lot of woke in it but that's just the way of the world rather than sky. It simple isn't worth the money, and your money goes to the old firm anyway.

mcohibs
23-02-2024, 02:30 PM
How can I watch the derby on Wednesday night? Are Hibs TV showing it? Hearts TV?

Trinity Hibee
23-02-2024, 02:35 PM
How can I watch the derby on Wednesday night? Are Hibs TV showing it? Hearts TV?

Hearts PPV have it

Sparrows tongue
23-02-2024, 05:08 PM

If you fancy a bit of nauseating biased commentary, then Hearts PPV have it.

SON OF PADDY
23-02-2024, 08:37 PM
Anyone know of any bars in Playa Blanca,Lanzarote that might be showing the match?
Thanks in advance. 👍🏻

Hibees1973
23-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Tin hat on. I reckon it's a fair decision for SKY not to show it live.

It's to do with SKY only being allowed to show so many games for each team at home. SKY must be holding a couple of Hearts home games back for later in the season when it's likely the OF will be at Tiny or there may be more are stake post split, for example, European places.

It's down to Hibs that we have been sh*te for the vast majority of this season, sitting bottom 6/mid table. SKY obviously think there will be more attractive home games for the Yam later in the season so that's why this is being bumped.

NthCarolinaHibs
23-02-2024, 09:19 PM
Anyone know of any bars in Playa Blanca,Lanzarote that might be showing the match?
Thanks in advance. 👍🏻

Snoopy's or Irish Anvil,down at the port will show it..🇳🇬🍺🍺🇳🇬

Anthony Soprano
24-02-2024, 06:08 PM
Shankland 6th booking today - suspended for derby?

hibee_girl
24-02-2024, 06:10 PM

He won't be suspended, it takes at least a week for a suspension to kick in.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2024, 06:10 PM

They were reset to zero after 19 games I believe

Anthony Soprano
24-02-2024, 06:11 PM
They were reset to zero after 19 games I believe

Sake

Pagan Hibernia

If only..

Springbank

It's to do with SKY only being allowed to show so many games for each team at home. SKY must be holding a couple of Hearts home games back for later in the season when it's likely the OF will be at Tiny or there may be more are stake post split, for example, European places.

It's down to Hibs that we have been sh*te for the vast majority of this season, sitting bottom 6/mid table. SKY obviously think there will be more attractive home games for the Yam later in the season so that's why this is being bumped.

Sky are a cancer on our sport

BT were miles better at selling it

You want to watch every old firm away gane at Ross County and St Johnstone where hardly anyone turns up? Then you will love sky

But if you want to see a full house in the bedlam of the Edinburgh Derby? That's apparently not box office

If this was America Sky would be laughed at for it's failure to sell the big sellers

Jones28
24-02-2024, 06:29 PM

You will go to the ends of the earth to have a go at Hibs eh? Even siding with Sky to beat the club? Jeez. Attractive games ARE derbies.

1875Sean
24-02-2024, 10:38 PM
Sky are a cancer on our sport

BT were miles better at selling it

You want to watch every old firm away gane at Ross County and St Johnstone where hardly anyone turns up? Then you will love sky

But if you want to see a full house in the bedlam of the Edinburgh Derby? That's apparently not box office

If this was America Sky would be laughed at for it's failure to sell the big sellers

Can’t be that much of a cancer when they are giving us more money than BT, which overall is what the teams are after