PDA

View Full Version : Damage to south Stand?

itslegaltender
03-01-2024, 08:43 AM
I take it there is considerable seat damage after the gimps visit? Not seen that covering before.

GreenCastle
03-01-2024, 09:06 AM
Another example of Hibs being soft and not calling it out.

About time the club grew a back bone and dealt with away fan behaviour.

Hibs fans breaking seats in Motherwell all over the news earlier in season.

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2024, 09:20 AM
If the si2e of the tarpaulin was consistent with the extent of the damage that's more like systematic destruction than the odd seat being broken ... Hibs should absolutely be calling it out.

gbhibby
03-01-2024, 09:52 AM
If the si2e of the tarpaulin was consistent with the extent of the damage that's more like systematic destruction than the odd seat being broken ... Hibs should absolutely be calling it out.
There was a number of them holding up broken seats at the end of the game all caught on sky TV cameras.

I'm Spartacus
03-01-2024, 09:56 AM
There was a number of them holding up broken seats at the end of the game all caught on sky TV cameras.

One was thrown like a frisbee and landed pitch side.

DH1875
03-01-2024, 09:57 AM

Pictures all over social media as well.

Hibee Mac
03-01-2024, 10:01 AM
Don't our wee neds do the same thing? Embarrassing stuff nonetheless but hardly something we can get self righteous about

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
03-01-2024, 10:04 AM
Don't our wee neds do the same thing? Embarrassing stuff nonetheless but hardly something we can get self righteous about

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah pointless calling it out, just for them to make us look bad at the next derby.

Hearts will pay for it, Hibs will pay for any damage at Tynecastle.

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2024, 10:11 AM
Yeah pointless calling it out, just for them to make us look bad at the next derby.

Well, in that case isn't it time both clubs put out a joint statement pointing out to these daft buggers how much money this mindless destruction is costing both clubs.

You would think in the case of Hearts considering the amount of money their own fans pump into the club the last thing the contributors to FOH would want their subs spent on is putting shiny new seats into Easter Road.

Chipper1875
03-01-2024, 10:11 AM
Another example of Hibs being soft and not calling it out.

About time the club grew a back bone and dealt with away fan behaviour.

Hibs fans breaking seats in Motherwell all over the news earlier in season.
Agree we are soft . When they scored In the derby Halkett and Sibbik were in the dugout and turn around and start giving hibs fans stick. Hibs fans react and Head of Hibs security, big tall chap, tells hibs fans to sit down and be quiet.

Hibernian Verse
03-01-2024, 10:12 AM
Well, in that case isn't it time both clubs put out a joint statement pointing out to these daft buggers how much money this mindless destruction is costing both clubs.

You would think in the case of Hearts considering the amount of money their own fans pump into the club the last thing the contributors to FOH would want their subs spent on is putting shiny new seats into Easter Road.

Yeah joint statement could work, but too many bams go to the football for it to make any difference.

Hibernian Verse
03-01-2024, 10:13 AM
Agree we are soft . When they scored In the derby Halkett and Sibbik were in the dugout and turn around and start giving hibs fans stick. Hibs fans react and Head of Hibs security, big tall chap, tells hibs fans to sit down and be quiet.

He's the head of Health & Safety in the West Stand. His remit is to ensure supporter safety not tell the Hearts bench to pipe down that the fourth officials remit.

Chipper1875
03-01-2024, 10:20 AM
He's the head of Health & Safety in the West Stand. His remit is to ensure supporter safety not tell the Hearts bench to pipe down that the fourth officials remit.

Never said he should approach hertz bench . How is telling hibs fans to be quiet keeps up safe ? No danger that would happen at gorgie or through the west .

gbhibby
03-01-2024, 10:27 AM
Hearts have apparently sent Hibs dining room chairs to replace the broken seats.

Rick Rude
03-01-2024, 10:41 AM
Seems like a great deal for us. We get to put in brand new seats and hearts foot the bill for it. As long as our fans destroy less seats over there then we are quids in.

Real Emerald
03-01-2024, 11:01 AM

Accepting vandalism isn’t the best way either. It should never be acceptable that people go to football matches and wreck their opponents stadiums. It’s about time there were heavy fines and those responsible getting charged and banned. The seats are there for sitting on not jumping up and down on and wrecking deliberately.

Greenbeard
03-01-2024, 11:52 AM
Should just keep all the broken seats and ahead of their next visit, remove the shiny new seats and replace them with the broken seats.

LunasBoots
03-01-2024, 12:00 PM

PA announcment before each Derby reminding fans not to break seats, we've had all the statements before, too many with few brain cells to take it in.

Jack
03-01-2024, 12:10 PM
I thought it might be damage but why cover it?

I also thought it might be a protective cover while we're putting up the new floodlight system.

Two sets of floodlights are now in place above the South Stand, one above where the covering was.

Only one set of floodlights above the FF so far.

Covers moved to let the supporters in???

O'Rourke3
04-01-2024, 08:45 AM
I thought it might be damage but why cover it?

I also thought it might be a protective cover while we're putting up the new floodlight system.

Two sets of floodlights are now in place above the South Stand, one above where the covering was.

Only one set of floodlights above the FF so far.

Covers moved to let the supporters in???Potentially 2 reasons I think. One to draw attention to the scale of damage and stopping Well fans moving over. There's always a few fans move into the empty space unless there's a barrier and even then it hasn't prevented fans from moving. If new lights have been installed they'd need a safety inspection and certificate not a vague "heere be dragons' warning.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
04-01-2024, 08:55 AM
A few years back I watched at Tynecastle as 3 guys booted **** out a sink in the toilets determined to break it off the wall. They succeeded but the sink was blocked and had been extensively pished in so when it broke their trousers and trainers got soaked in it. They seemed delighted with their work even if the price was stinking of urine for the rest of the day.

I don't get this mindless vandalism from both sets of fans. What's the point? I can almost get kicking a seat in frustration, once, and it breaking. This deliberate damaging of property that only leads to your own club paying just seems needless and idiotic to me.

Pagan Hibernia
04-01-2024, 01:12 PM

Exactly... to any jambo lurkers... its your money d***heads!

allezsauzee
05-01-2024, 10:09 AM
Weird that wee fannies following both clubs still think that being able to burst a seat makes them hard. Sad and tiresome behaviour.

Hibernian Verse
05-01-2024, 10:19 AM
Accepting vandalism isn’t the best way either. It should never be acceptable that people go to football matches and wreck their opponents stadiums. It’s about time there were heavy fines and those responsible getting charged and banned. The seats are there for sitting on not jumping up and down on and wrecking deliberately.

Vandalism is a police matter and that's one of the reasons clubs have such good CCTV now.

worcesterhibby
05-01-2024, 10:31 AM
Vandalism is a police matter and that's one of the reasons clubs have such good CCTV now.

Burglary is a Police matter too, but when you report it they ask you if you want a crime number and do absolutely nothing else. If we are depending on the Police to lift Hearts or Rangers fans for breaking the law, we will have a long wait, they are about as unbiased and useful as the Referees.

where'stheslope
05-01-2024, 01:48 PM
Worst thing is, it may not be the idiot holding up the seat that broke it.
During games I've been at, the person behind kicks the back of the seat when something happens on the pitch or jumps on the back and it brakes.
Why, I'll never know, but it could even be loosened at a previous game, and the seat then comes away.
Unless we seat everyone in their appropriate seat, we can at least know who was sitting in that seat!!!

malcolm
05-01-2024, 02:20 PM
Burglary is a Police matter too, but when you report it they ask you if you want a crime number and do absolutely nothing else. If we are depending on the Police to lift Hearts or Rangers fans for breaking the law, we will have a long wait, they are about as unbiased and useful as the Referees.

Burglary is not a crime in Scotland. :wink: Daft English word of old French origin that does not trip off the tongue easily (or mine at least). Mind you if you have cctv of housebreakers in your house I’d expect some interest from the police beyond an offer of a reference number! Likewise cctv of little scrotes smashing seats might also be looked at :wink:

Hibbyradge
05-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Burglary is not a crime in Scotland. :wink: Daft English word of old French origin that does not trip off the tongue easily (or mine at least). Mind you if you have cctv of housebreakers in your house I’d expect some interest from the police beyond an offer of a reference number! Likewise cctv of little scrotes smashing seats might also be looked at :wink:

Purple Burglar Alarm

malcolm
05-01-2024, 05:35 PM
Purple Burglar Alarm

Easy for you to say :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2024, 02:39 PM

Hopefully both sets of fans do the same amount of damage so it’s even Stevens

Jack
06-01-2024, 03:09 PM
Hopefully both sets of fans do the same amount of damage so it’s even Stevens

Not really. It's loss/loss.