PDA

View Full Version : Molotnikov

B.H.F.C
02-01-2024, 09:44 PM
Thought he deserved a thread.

There were a few folk talking about him getting an opportunity over the last few days and, to be honest, I wasn’t sure why. Really, that was because I haven’t seen him and didn’t know what type of player he is.

He showed more energy and desire than some of the senior players have in weeks, within 30 seconds of coming on the pitch. It was only 10, 15 minutes or whatever but my first thought was that he looks ready to play. I look at Whittaker and just don’t think he does, same with Landers. But Molotnikov looks like he has something more about him, just that wee bit aggression and arrogance that is needed.

I reckon we’ll see a bit more of him second half of the season.

Crunchie
02-01-2024, 09:46 PM

There were a few folk talking about him getting an opportunity over the last few days and, to be honest, I wasn’t sure why. Really, that was because I haven’t seen him and didn’t know what type of player he is.

He showed more energy and desire than some of the senior players have in weeks, within 30 seconds of coming on the pitch. It was only 10, 15 minutes or whatever but my first thought was that he looks ready to play. I look at Whittaker and just don’t think he does, same with Landers. But Molotnikov looks like he has something more about him, just that wee bit aggression and arrogance that is needed.

His energy when he came on was a joy to watch :agree:

Nicho87
02-01-2024, 09:50 PM
I had him down to start instead of Levitt

Some good moves, physically ready

Sadly another youngster we’re relying on to hit the ground running due to previous poor recruitment cycles

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2024, 09:50 PM

Same here mate.

LaMotta
02-01-2024, 09:59 PM

His energy when he came on was a joy to watch :agree:

Same here mate.

:agree::agree::agree:

Small things like how desperate he was to take a quick free kick and grab the ball back from the opposition. Also one of the only players backing up Newell during the pushy shovey when Newell got booked.

Behaviour like that has been lacking in the Hibs team for several seasons now.

hibsbollah
02-01-2024, 10:00 PM
He was decent against Aberdeen as well, coming off the bench. I think hes going to see some game time, which can
only be a good thing.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2024, 10:03 PM
:agree::agree::agree:

Small things like how desperate he was to take a quick free kick and grab the ball back from the opposition. Also one of the only players backing up Newell during the pushy shovey when Newell got booked.

Behaviour like that has been lacking in the Hibs team for several seasons now.

I noticed the quick free kick as well and it felt like we’d scored a bloody goal seeing a player wanting to do that, given our usual reluctance.

DaveF
02-01-2024, 10:03 PM
He should be starting, no question. Deserves a chance to show that is as good as or better than Levitt / Jeggo.

LaMotta
02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
I noticed the quick free kick as well and it felt like we’d scored a bloody goal seeing a player wanting to do that, given our usual reluctance.

Actually crazy that our senior players aren't doing that when we are a goal down. Totally lacking in leaders.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2024, 10:06 PM
I had him down to start instead of Levitt

Some good moves, physically ready

Sadly another youngster we’re relying on to hit the ground running due to previous poor recruitment cycles

The good thing is that we know he’ll get a proper chance under this manager. It won’t be 4 minutes at the end of a game when we’re a few goals up (might no need to worry about that but right enough).

LaMotta
02-01-2024, 10:06 PM
He should be starting, no question. Deserves a chance to show that is as good as or better than Levitt / Jeggo.

Jeggo's bum totally out the window. Hopefully he'll be offski in January to free up a decent wage. Would far rather be playing RM.

Hibee Mac
02-01-2024, 10:40 PM
That wee run he went on when he almost scored was fantastic. Just wish it had snuck in as I think we'd have gone on to win with enough time.

In fairness he's one who stood out before, I can't remember if it was preseason games or the European run the young team went on. Surprised he's not had more minutes until this point, but surely Monty has to give him some game time now.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

vuefrom1875
02-01-2024, 11:38 PM

Levitt...paid a fair amount, by hibs standards, still waiting for a return.

Stubbsy90+2
03-01-2024, 07:49 AM
Played very well.l

Levitt simply has to be dropped, I’m not sure whether I’d be putting Rudi or Jeggo in instead of him but it has to be one of them.

Willis1875
03-01-2024, 07:53 AM
Actually crazy that our senior players aren't doing that when we are a goal down. Totally lacking in leaders.

Daft things like Whittaker not being told to go off at the east stand side of the pitch when he got injured sticks in my craw.
It was 1-1 at the time in a game we should have been looking to win.
That and Youan running away to celebrate the equaliser instead of grabbing the ball out the net

Gettin' Auld
03-01-2024, 08:11 AM
The laddie sure looks a cracking prospect and he's got something about him mentally too. He doesn't come on just to get some first team experience, he comes on and makes his presence known.

SickBoy32
03-01-2024, 09:24 AM
Should be starting at Forfar, showed more desire and urgency than either of the two starting CM's yesterday and with some good touches / dribbling

Allant1981
03-01-2024, 09:28 AM
Played well when he came on, despite the guy behind me having a go at him for not doing better with his dribble then shot

Stuart93
03-01-2024, 09:35 AM
I’d play him ahead of levitt

McD
03-01-2024, 09:36 AM

This for me is a big problem with the squad. Most of the players are/would be reasonable players, but we totally lack in leadership throughout the squad. Just a couple of players who will put in the heavy challenge when it’s needed, bollock a teammate, get in the ref’s ear, drag the team forward, rouse the crowd, clout the opposition player who’s causing us problems. We have no one in the form of a Daz, Scott Brown, SDG, who will impact the game through force of will

neil7908
03-01-2024, 09:37 AM
He looked decent although I don't think he did a huge amount. No idea if he's ready to start games from that performance as he was brought on when it was all Hibs and we were chasing a goal.

I'd agree though that Levitt hasn't done enough to keep his place but as we're seeing with Whittaker, we need to be careful not to expect too much from young players, especially when there is a lot of pressure on the team.

neil7908
03-01-2024, 09:40 AM
This for me is a big problem with the squad. Most of the players are/would be reasonable players, but we totally lack in leadership throughout the squad. Just a couple of players who will put in the heavy challenge when it’s needed, bollock a teammate, get in the ref’s ear, drag the team forward, rouse the crowd, clout the opposition player who’s causing us problems. We have no one in the form of a Daz, Scott Brown, SDG, who will impact the game through force of will

Agreed. I also think we're quite a technical side. Not many players that battle, do the dirty work and win headers. I like that idea on paper (I.e. a emphasis on passing) but you see the risk of that for Motherwells 2nd - think we lost about 3 headers in a row.

B.H.F.C
03-01-2024, 09:49 AM
He looked decent although I don't think he did a huge amount. No idea if he's ready to start games from that performance as he was brought on when it was all Hibs and we were chasing a goal.

I'd agree though that Levitt hasn't done enough to keep his place but as we're seeing with Whittaker, we need to be careful not to expect too much from young players, especially when there is a lot of pressure on the team.

With Whittaker, it’s become quite apparent that teams are going to target him when he’s playing. It’s as much a physical thing as anything IMO, he’s a 16 year old laddie and I just think he looks well off it out of possession.

I just thought Molotnikov showed something a wee bit different yesterday, he wasn’t just coming on to make up the numbers and I just thought it was his contribution that woke us up towards the end of the game.

superfurryhibby
03-01-2024, 10:09 AM
With Whittaker, it’s become quite apparent that teams are going to target him when he’s playing. It’s as much a physical thing as anything IMO, he’s a 16 year old laddie and I just think he looks well off it out of possession.

I just thought Molotnikov showed something a wee bit different yesterday, he wasn’t just coming on to make up the numbers and I just thought it was his contribution that woke us up towards the end of the game.

I never really noticed Molotnikov, aside from the run into the box when he got a wee break of the ball and then sclaffed the shot. Tbf, things were all pretty helter skelter at that point in the game, maybe he did more than I thought.

I do agree about Whittaker, he’s so far off it that he should be nowhere near the first team, with or without the ball.

LaMotta
03-01-2024, 10:36 AM

Agreed. I also think we're quite a technical side. Not many players that battle, do the dirty work and win headers. I like that idea on paper (I.e. a emphasis on passing) but you see the risk of that for Motherwells 2nd - think we lost about 3 headers in a row.

:agree::agree:

Shrekko
03-01-2024, 12:09 PM
Albeit we haven't seen much of him but to me Molotnikov looks far and away our best young player and it's surprising that Montgomery has given him a lot less game time than Whittaker. Villa Park was where he impressed me - didn't look remotely out of place.

linlithgowhibbie
03-01-2024, 01:26 PM
Daft things like Whittaker not being told to go off at the east stand side of the pitch when he got injured sticks in my craw.
It was 1-1 at the time in a game we should have been looking to win.
That and Youan running away to celebrate the equaliser instead of grabbing the ball out the net

Youan, didn't need to get the ball out the net, someone else already was doing that!
Maybe he shouldn't have celebrated a 91st minute goal/equaliser and just gone back to half way line then?:confused:

Jamesie
03-01-2024, 01:32 PM

When Hearts scored in the Derby we still had three minutes of injury time to play, probably four after their celebrations. Only Marshall showed the slightest inclination to get the game restarted without delay. You get the feeling a lot of these players are just a wee bit too comfortable.

LaMotta
03-01-2024, 01:42 PM
Youan, didn't need to get the ball out the net, someone else already was doing that!
Maybe he shouldn't have celebrated a 91st minute goal/equaliser and just gone back to half way line then?:confused:

I understand the criticism. He celebrated with the knee slide like he'd just won us the match, when in reality we nicked an equaliser at home against a very poor Motherwell side.

That was a few vociferous fist pumps to the crowd whilst getting back in your own half asap celebration moment.

LaMotta
03-01-2024, 01:44 PM
When Hearts scored in the Derby we still had three minutes of injury time to play, probably four after their celebrations. Only Marshall showed the slightest inclination to get the game restarted without delay. You get the feeling a lot of these players are just a wee bit too comfortable.

I didn't notice that at the time but it doesnt surprise me. We need a couple of angry xxxxx in the team.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2024, 02:02 PM
I'm off the 'good enough, old enough' school of thought. There's not many in the starting 11 who are irreparable so if we have a young lad who might be a bit special then get him in the team. I said after the Hearts game he was ready and worth a shot and I stand by it.

Guys who are a bit special and destined for bigger things are quite often in and around the first team at their respective clubs at Rudi's age. McCarthur and McCarthy were 16 at Hamilton, Hickey was 17 at Hearts, Doig about the same at us, Lewis Ferguson was 18 at Hamilton and so on.

It's not a case of throwing him to the wolves but he's well worth a chance. If he needs a break or a bit more development then give him it but he's looked the part in a couple of sub appearances recently, he's earned a start.

Tyler Durden
03-01-2024, 02:11 PM
Definitely worth giving him a chance soon.

I'd have though he would naturally suit one of the wide roles though, rather than replacing Levitt.

The Harp
03-01-2024, 02:21 PM
Only judging by his cameo appearance last night, but I thought the young laddie looked very promising. Would like to see him featuring in the team again.

number9dream
03-01-2024, 02:29 PM
What’s Rudi’s best position?
Could we use him as a second striker buzzing around behind Vente and dropping deeper when required or better off out wide?

HIBS NUTS
03-01-2024, 02:38 PM
Only judging by his cameo appearance last night, but I thought the young laddie looked very promising. Would like to see him featuring in the team again.
He’s the most ready physically of the under 18 players.
Landers too, but still a bit raw.
Nice to see the best young keeper in Scotland, Murray Johnstone on the bench.

andrew70
03-01-2024, 03:26 PM
What’s Rudi’s best position?
Could we use him as a second striker buzzing around behind Vente and dropping deeper when required or better off out wide?

That is exactly his best position but he can play anywhere in midfield and on the wing.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2024, 03:33 PM
He reminds me a little of Scott Brown when he broke through.

B.H.F.C
03-01-2024, 03:36 PM
He reminds me a little of Scott Brown when he broke through.

Was exactly my thought yesterday. Majority of young players come in to the first team and are pretty timid. He just looked like he had that bit about him where he backs himself.

JimBHibees
03-01-2024, 05:01 PM
That is exactly his best position but he can play anywhere in midfield and on the wing.

We should play him there next game. Definitely need someone with the desire he showed yesterday.

andrew70
03-01-2024, 05:22 PM
We should play him there next game. Definitely need someone with the desire he showed yesterday.

I agree. Forfar the best opportunity to do so too. He won’t let us down, that’s for sure.

Crab apple
03-01-2024, 06:53 PM

He was the one positive in that second half performance.

ekhibee
03-01-2024, 09:10 PM
It's difficult to judge based on the limited time he was on, when he first came on he looked great for 5 mins or so but didn't see much of him after that. Time will tell, need to see more of him.

Tambo
04-01-2024, 11:00 AM
I have had high hopes for him the past few years and glad the progress he has been making.

Springbank
04-01-2024, 05:09 PM
He was a breath of fresh air
Agree with those On the thread saying this energy & leadership is what we've been lacking
Well done Rudi

LewysGot2
04-01-2024, 05:47 PM
I have had high hopes for him the past few years and glad the progress he has been making.

Me too. Been impressed every time I have seen him.Expected him to break through first ahead of McAllister. Far more physically mature.

bordergreen
04-01-2024, 05:52 PM

Always liked the look of him when he has come on. Hope to see more