PDA

View Full Version : (The) Rangers In Meltdown Mode... Again

Pages : [1] 2

Keith_M
31-12-2023, 05:24 PM
As per usual, they're lashing out at any available target after losing yesterday.

Rangers slam SFA over VAR audio delay and reveal concerns over ‘motivations’ for Sky offside image after penalty snub (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-slam-sfa-over-var-31779442)

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy...

Torto7
31-12-2023, 05:26 PM
Bullying seems to work for them judging by pen/red cards awarded, we on the other hand get shafted and barely make a squeak about it.

matty_f
31-12-2023, 05:42 PM
Bullying seems to work for them judging by pen/red cards awarded, we on the other hand get shafted and barely make a squeak about it.

Like it or not, we’ve not got the size/scale to bully the SFA. Nobody gives a toss if we kick up a stink about anything, same with Hearts and Aberdeen.

Rangers and Celtic, though, will get a week of coverage out of it, phone ins, and referees know their careers can be screwed if they go against Rangers.

There’s a reason they don’t get penalties given against them and why they (usually) get the softest penalties given for them. This is what they do - they were annoyed about a foul being given as a foul in the first OF game of the season and they’re annoyed about rightly not getting a penalty in this one.

Wait and see the decisions they get in their favour over the rest of the season.

Contrast that with how referees treated us after Paul McGinn called out the referee after the league cup final against Celtic (who again benefited from a referee being terrified to give a penalty against them).

Bostonhibby
31-12-2023, 05:47 PM
They're worse losers than the now defunct Glasgow rangers

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Irish_Steve
31-12-2023, 06:08 PM
No one likes us, we don't care

Whilst being as thick skinned as filo pastry. I'm glad they are hurting

Hibby70
31-12-2023, 06:15 PM
Forgetting that it's Rangers for a bit. Was the decision not to give the pen ( or at least ask the ref to look at it) not completed pretty quickly? I just find it odd that they've done the check on the handball and the offside check in that space of time.

Compare that to the minutes it took to disallow our goal in the semi.

I'd be quite happy if the clubs get a copy of the audio going forward , expect that this may backfire on Rangers if we do.

BoomtownHibees
31-12-2023, 06:17 PM
Forgetting that it's Rangers for a bit. Was the decision not to give the pen ( or at least ask the ref to look at it) not completed pretty quickly? I just find it odd that they've done the check on the handball and the offside check in that space of time.

I'd be quite happy if the clubs get a copy of the audio going forward , expect that this may backfire on Rangers if we do.

There’s no way the offside played a part in the penalty not being given

HoboHarry
31-12-2023, 06:19 PM
Anything that makes those bangers angry is fine by me. **** them and the white horse they rode in on.

Diclonius
31-12-2023, 06:20 PM
A classic political tactic is to accuse the other side of the thing you're actually doing.

Del Boy
31-12-2023, 06:27 PM
They’re going to mump about this for months, hopefully that incident costs them the league.

Irish_Steve
31-12-2023, 06:32 PM

Ref: Willie, can you confirm it was hand ball

Willie: Whit, I was just having a pee, what happened........

Smartie
31-12-2023, 06:43 PM
A bit of transparency over VAR is quite literally the last thing they need.

Hibernia&Alba
31-12-2023, 06:44 PM
It’s bullying and it’s effective:they haven’t had a penalty awarded against them in a league game for two years. In that time must have been awarded a couple of dozen, yet they don’t get one yesterday and chaos ensues. It isn’t right and they shouldn’t be allowed to act like this. The SPL and the SFA need to tell them to shut it or face disciplinary action, including points deducted. We can’t have the tail wagging the dog like this.

Rick Rude
31-12-2023, 06:53 PM
Can we get the audio from the pen we didn't get for handball at Ibrox last season then?

Sioux
31-12-2023, 06:54 PM
There’s no way the offside played a part in the penalty not being given

It happened at Livingston.

BoomtownHibees
31-12-2023, 06:57 PM
It happened at Livingston.

Aye I get that, and the boy was offside yesterday as well but I don’t believe for a minute that’s why the penalty wasn’t given. They didn’t even show the offside until in to the 2nd half on the telly and the commentator, who listens to the chat between ref and VAR, said that it was never part of the discussion

Hibs4185
31-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Can we get the audio for every dodgy decision against us since the introduction? Especially the ones against Rangers and Celtic?

Didn’t think so

Hibernia&Alba
31-12-2023, 07:02 PM
For the sake of argument, let’s say Sevco were on the end of a bad decision. So what, are they the only club this has happened to? No, we’ve seen loads of bad VAR calls in the EPL alone. Wolves, for example, have had several terrible VAR calls go against them this season, but they haven’t been demanding audio and releasing statements claiming conspiracies. It’s ridiculous conduct and it must be nipped in the bud. Clubs can’t be allowed to administer the game, but the entitlement of Sevco is enormous.

gbhibby
31-12-2023, 07:03 PM
As per usual, they're lashing out at any available target after losing yesterday.

Rangers slam SFA over VAR audio delay and reveal concerns over ‘motivations’ for Sky offside image after penalty snub (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-slam-sfa-over-var-31779442)

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy...https://images.app.goo.gl/LZakRSGceKKPjG4HA

Other teams will be asking about some of the penalties Rangers have been given by VAR.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Irish_Steve
31-12-2023, 07:06 PM
A bit of transparency over VAR is quite literally the last thing they need.

Actually, the The Rangers bullying tactics could work in every other clubs favour.

Imagine they do get the audio released, then when they have a dodgy award that goes in their favour, the offending club could say, "well, you released the audio when the The Rangers complained, so we would like the same please"

Will it happen, will it f..

neil7908
31-12-2023, 07:12 PM
I'm so ****ing sick of football in this country. Can we just tell them to do one and go find another league to deal with their pish?

There is nothing worse than seeing a bully play the victim. Honestly makes me sick.

Meanwhile they are at 70 odd games on the league without a penalty against them.

erin go bragh
31-12-2023, 07:23 PM
70 odd games since a penalty has been awarded against that horrible lot ( league games) corrupt to the core and they want the audio of a penalty they never got. You couldn't make it up.

Glory Lurker
31-12-2023, 07:43 PM
They'll be demanding the audio for the penalty box shirt pull on an Aberdeen player in the league cup final too, no?

coldingham hibs
31-12-2023, 07:44 PM
I'm so ****ing sick of football in this country. Can we just tell them to do one and go find another league to deal with their pish?

There is nothing worse than seeing a bully play the victim. Honestly makes me sick.

Meanwhile they are at 70 odd games on the league without a penalty against them.

Agree, fed up of this crap. They are happy the officials missed the offside but not happy they missed the penalty. Couldn’t make it up. Get them out of Scotland and let the rest of us try and enjoy our football, hopefully without VAR.

Carheenlea
31-12-2023, 07:48 PM
Only a matter of time before names and addresses are demanded as this rumbles on.

JJP
31-12-2023, 08:52 PM
Just their standard deflection tactics to keep the punters onside after a big loss. Happens every single time. It is a bit curious though that if you compare the incident in that game to the similar one in our game at Livi the incidents were dealt with so differently. The referees probably have messed up and tried to cover their tracks but ultimately the only difference would have been Celtic receiving a free kick for the offside rather than a goal kick.

PHeffernan
31-12-2023, 09:05 PM

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy...

Only a cretin ever uses the word slammed in a headline and it is obvious that the one that wrote that article is severely grammatically challenged.

Here is an article written by an adult
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67854371

PHeffernan
31-12-2023, 09:23 PM
It’s bullying and it’s effective:they haven’t had a penalty awarded against them in a league game for two years. In that time must have been awarded a couple of dozen, yet they don’t get one yesterday and chaos ensues. It isn’t right and they shouldn’t be allowed to act like this. The SPL and the SFA need to tell them to shut it or face disciplinary action, including points deducted. We can’t have the tail wagging the dog like this.

Rangers playing to the gallery on this one.
The SPL are the clubs, the clubs are the SPL and the OF are big influencial partners.
However, the SFA are not answerable to the clubs so could easily just ignore the Rangers or give them lip service.
They accede to the Rangers on this issue or it will set a precedent and every club in the league will be making similar demands week in and week out.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2023, 09:29 PM
Penalty to Sevco.

There you go, problem solved.

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2023, 09:50 PM
VAR audio should be available all the time. Educate us on how decisions are arrived at.

Make it fair for everyone.

matty_f
01-01-2024, 03:23 AM
BAR audio should be available all the time. Educate us on how decisions are arrived at.

Also make the VAR audio available for those who couldn’t attend the pre-match meeting at the Louden.

Danderhall Hibs
01-01-2024, 07:46 AM
Also make the VAR audio available for those who couldn’t attend the pre-match meeting at the Louden.

😂 Remember what I told you about my eyesight and varifocals?

The Captain....
01-01-2024, 07:55 AM
The equally sickening MSM backing the zombies up today is no surprise. A despicable bunch without a shred of integrity.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
01-01-2024, 08:04 AM
Also make the VAR audio available for those who couldn’t attend the pre-match meeting at the Louden.Surely just basing VAR in the louden would be safer and better logistically for the officials?

They wouldn't have to rush straight back after the game to get their usual seats and they would have the benefit of instant input to those difficult calls from the fat bald guy in the old now defunct Glasgow rangers top that is 5 sizes too small?

Every **** a winner.

Bostonhibby
01-01-2024, 08:10 AM
Deleted

Hibernia&Alba
01-01-2024, 08:29 AM
The equally sickening MSM backing the zombies up today is no surprise. A despicable bunch without a shred of integrity.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

It’s disgusting and it’s dangerous. Whipping up the lunatic fringe at Sevco into a frenzy is a bad idea. I just had a quick look at Follow Follow, and it is utter madness. They might or might not have been denied a legitimate penalty, but do they really think that no other team has had a legitimate penalty claim turned down against Rangers in the two years since one was last awarded against them? It’s hypocrisy and entitlement. They were second best on Saturday; they have to accept it. More VAR errors will happen; that’s life.

percy veer
01-01-2024, 08:40 AM
the hand ball in the old firm reminded me of the claim or lack of claim for one for us against rangers at ibrox , think it was against sands nothing was said like usual, makes me wonder if hibs have been keeping quiet latley to ge this investment over the line.

GreenCastle
01-01-2024, 09:20 AM
VAR audio should be available all the time. Educate us on how decisions are arrived at.

Yup - won’t happen as they want to “protect” the refs when really it’s just a cover up for their incompetence and zero accountability.

Ref a game badly and just move on to the next week.

Cheap VAR - less cameras
Clubs paying for VAR - based on league placings
Audio not being released yet..(obviously need to wait till offices reopen..)

All a bit dodgy..

B.H.F.C
01-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Yup - won’t happen as they want to “protect” the refs when really it’s just a cover up for their incompetence and zero accountability.

Ref a game badly and just move on to the next week.

Cheap VAR - less cameras
Clubs paying for VAR - based on league placings
Audio not being released yet..(obviously need to wait till offices reopen..)

All a bit dodgy..

As with everything in Scottish football, it’s just about self preservation whether it’s the governing bodies, the clubs or whoever.

VAR was always going to make things more complicated and cause more controversy up here the way things are operated.

gbhibby
01-01-2024, 12:20 PM
The tears of the clowns

Dalianwanda
01-01-2024, 12:29 PM
I try not waste my time and energy on hatred. But i really hate anything and everything to do with them.

Caversham Green
01-01-2024, 12:48 PM
Setting aside the fact that "Rangers" are by far the most favoured club by Scottish referees I don't think they're wrong to be raising questions in this instance - my view is that clubs should be asking the refereeing authorities to explain contentious decisions to put pressure on referees to do their job properly. As an example last Wednesday we saw a Hearts player stop a goal-bound shot with his hand. The laws of the game state unequivocally that this is a sending off offence yet the player stayed on the field. I think Hibs should be asking why this was the case - personally I would be asking whether it was incompetence or bias but that probably wouldn't be diplomatic enough.

This also highlights a flaw in the VAR system. VAR deemed the ball to be out of play as soon as the "Rangers" player was caught offside yet if the Celtc player had kicked or headed the ball out "Rangers" would have been awarded a corner (from which they might well have scored) so the ball was still in play in that case. This aspect of VAR (or the way it's being implemented) is creating more uncertainty rather than less.

ferry hibby
01-01-2024, 12:48 PM
I do hope they release the audio and it proves they didn’t check for offside at the time and so shows they then looked afterwards for a reason why the penalty was not given

VoltaireHibs
01-01-2024, 01:09 PM
Rangers don't care that much about this particular issue, it's just a way for them to apply pressure so as to continue the stream of eagle-eyed var penalties they get, keep the Var officials on their toes to avoid another email from Sevco. It's just a game they're playing, and playing successfully.

greenlex
01-01-2024, 01:11 PM
Rangers don't care that much about this particular issue, it's just a way for them to apply pressure so as to continue the stream of eagle-eyed var penalties they get, keep the Var officials on their toes to avoid another email from Sevco. It's just a game they're playing, and playing successfully.
It’s as much to do with deflection from the result and keeping the orc hoards onside than anything else. They were supposed to be calming down with the statements according to their AGM. They just can’t help themselves.

VoltaireHibs
01-01-2024, 01:18 PM
It’s as much to do with deflection from the result and keeping the orc hoards onside than anything else. They were supposed to be calming down with the statements according to their AGM. They just can’t help themselves.

Yeah, it's definitely distraction for the hordes, but I think it's main purpose is to intimidate var officials re future borderline decisions.

greenlex
01-01-2024, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it's definitely distraction for the hordes, but I think it's main purpose is to intimidate var officials re future borderline decisions.

Job done on both counts.

HoboHarry
01-01-2024, 01:38 PM

Possibly, but I think it's more to do with deflecting the attention of their thick headed fans.

01-01-2024, 01:46 PM
Classic Rangers. We don’t like the decision so we’ll moan, bully and intimidate. Can they no just take that they were beaten by a better team on the day and move on as opposed to bleating that they’re always the victim.

Simply playing to the gallery once again.

HoboHarry
01-01-2024, 01:54 PM
Classic Rangers. We don’t like the decision so we’ll moan, bully and intimidate. Can they no just take that they were beaten by a better team on the day and move on as opposed to bleating that they’re always the victim.

Simply playing to the gallery once again.

Exactly that. Their fans will follow along with perceived injustices more easily than being inferior to celtic.

Aldo
01-01-2024, 01:54 PM
Transparency and The Rangers in the same sentence [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Skol
01-01-2024, 01:59 PM
I think they are right to ask for the audio as it will expose the error of the handball being overlooked and the fact they found the offside afterwards.

The problem is though if the outcome all audio is available they might find the outcome is not what they hoped in other future decisions.

hibee-boys
01-01-2024, 02:38 PM
Total deflection tactic by them as usual following a defeat. They really are a bunch of entitled delusional clowns.

Carheenlea
01-01-2024, 03:52 PM
One solitary decision goes against them in about 100, and some of the official quoted words from Rangers are “unacceptable”, “perplexed” and “concerned”.

There are grounds here for citing them for bringing the game into disrepute. Need to nip them in the bud.

HoboHarry
01-01-2024, 03:57 PM
One solitary decision goes against them in about 100, and some of the official quoted words from Rangers are “unacceptable”, “perplexed” and “concerned”.

There are grounds here for citing them for bringing the game into disrepute. Need to nip them in the bud.

The SFA have always lacked the balls to nip anything in the bud with Sevco.

Fuzzywuzzy
01-01-2024, 04:05 PM
The should have had that coffin lid nailed shut in 2012.

Hibernia&Alba
01-01-2024, 04:07 PM

And that’s just in relation to teams playing in green. What have they said about their penalty claim? :wink:

Skol
01-01-2024, 04:13 PM

If the audio backs up Collin then they could do so. The problem is they cannot bring such charges as they know there was an issue

matty_f
01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
If the audio backs up Collin then they could do so. The problem is they cannot bring such charges as they know there was an issue

What does the audio say?

Gatecrasher
01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Whether they are right or wrong, at least they stick up for themselves. We have been on the wrong end of so many decisions, VAR or otherwise and don't hear a peep from the club.

MKHIBEE
01-01-2024, 04:30 PM
Possibly, but I think it's more to do with deflecting the attention of their thick headed fans.

Their thickness will take some deflection

Hibernia&Alba
01-01-2024, 04:41 PM
Paddy Power are trolling them hard:

https://youtu.be/Yo4SkpRjmPk?si=pw068SnKi108_1eH

Keith_M
01-01-2024, 04:45 PM

:agree:

That was my first thought.

01-01-2024, 05:11 PM

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1741828653476921587?s=19

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Rangers
In
Meltdown
Mode
Incandescent
Non-stop
Grotesqueness

Fuzzywuzzy
01-01-2024, 05:52 PM
That is ****ing amazing - absolutely ****ing amazing

cabbageandribs1875
01-01-2024, 06:06 PM

***k off Baldemort :faf::faf::faf:

heretoday
01-01-2024, 06:31 PM
Whether they are right or wrong, at least they stick up for themselves. We have been on the wrong end of so many decisions, VAR or otherwise and don't hear a peep from the club.

You're right.

ancient hibee
01-01-2024, 06:48 PM
I think they chickened out on the penalty because they would have had to give Johnston a second yellow. As it was that wouldn't have happened because of the offside but at the time they did not know that.

Carheenlea
03-01-2024, 07:49 PM
Definitely need to be charging Rangers now with bringing the game into disrepute.

https://i.postimg.cc/7Yh2rZdQ/IMG-1714.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://x.com/football_scot/status/1742642949781848391?s=46

03-01-2024, 08:06 PM
Definitely need to be charging Rangers now with bringing the game into disrepute.

Bunch of self-entitled dicks. The other SPFL clubs should request the Attilas are not involved in any of their matches going forward.

It was offside anyway so they didn't even deserve a penalty, even if the officials got to the correct decision but in the wrong way.

SteveHFC
03-01-2024, 08:14 PM

Can we ban John Beaton from our games?

JohnM1875
03-01-2024, 08:15 PM

I didn’t mind them requesting the audio. But they can **** right off with this!!

They, along with Celtic, benefit far more than any other team from refereeing decisions.

Absolutely think the standard of refereeing in Scotland is atrocious and needs improved. But they’re absolutely at it.

Should be heavily sanctioned for this.

03-01-2024, 08:20 PM
I didn’t mind them requesting the audio. But they can **** right off with this!!

They, along with Celtic, benefit far more than any other team from refereeing decisions.

Absolutely think the standard of refereeing in Scotland is atrocious and needs improved. But they’re absolutely at it.

They should be sanctioned but know they won't. They should have been sanction for the (non) smoking gun dossier during covid but got nothing.

matty_f
03-01-2024, 08:21 PM
I don’t know why they’re so upset - the right decision on the no penalty award was arrived at, by accident or design.

If the penalty is given it’s immediately overturned for the offside, so are they annoyed that the officials didn’t flag for a Celtic free kick and started with a goal kick instead? Or did they want the pantomime of the penalty being awarded, and the referee going to the monitor before the offside is given?

If I was Celtic, that’s the complaint I’d be making - straight onto the front foot demanding the officials don’t get them again for missing such an important offside decision.

What a lot of nonsense.

Ozyhibby
03-01-2024, 08:25 PM
They were not properly dealt with post 2012 and this is the result. We only have ourselves to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
03-01-2024, 08:28 PM

It’s bullying, they’ve been at it for decades and decades. They bully the SFA and refs to the point all officials are either in their fold or are intimidated so much they’re frightened to give decisions against them. It’s the epitome of cheating.

Since452
03-01-2024, 08:32 PM
So glad they created a new club. Brilliant entertainment.

03-01-2024, 08:35 PM
I don’t know why they’re so upset - the right decision on the no penalty award was arrived at, by accident or design.

If the penalty is given it’s immediately overturned for the offside, so are they annoyed that the officials didn’t flag for a Celtic free kick and started with a goal kick instead? Or did they want the pantomime of the penalty being awarded, and the referee going to the monitor before the offside is given?

If I was Celtic, that’s the complaint I’d be making - straight onto the front foot demanding the officials don’t get them again for missing such an important offside decision.

What a lot of nonsense.

If the penalty had been given I don't think VAR would check for any other infringements in the build up, it's just for goals they do that. VAR would only check the penalty. I think that rule is a bit daft.

Carheenlea
03-01-2024, 08:37 PM
It’s bullying, they’ve been at it for decades and decades. They bully the SFA and refs to the point all officials are either in their fold or are intimidated so much they’re frightened to give decisions against them. It’s the epitome of cheating.

Why were they afforded the courtesy of a meeting with the Scottish FA for “talks”?

Have others been given similar courtesy to discuss decisions that have not gone their way?

If not, then any request should have been dismissed out of hand.

ehf
03-01-2024, 08:38 PM

That’s basically inciting violence against Collum - the Sevco board should be prosecuted for that statement.

03-01-2024, 08:41 PM
That’s basically inciting violence against Collum - the Sevco board should be prosecuted for that statement.

Yep. Straight out of the Donald Trump playbook.

Bridge hibs
03-01-2024, 08:42 PM
Hope the SFA put him in charge of their next game, just to piss them off even more

weecounty hibby
03-01-2024, 08:43 PM
Remember when the refs went on strike cos Neil Lennon upset them? Wonder if they will take action on this?

Carheenlea
03-01-2024, 08:43 PM

I actually think we could end up seeing a referees strike in Scotland for the top flight on the back of this if it’s not nipped in the bud and allowed to simmer.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2024, 08:45 PM
If the penalty had been given I don't think VAR would check for any other infringements in the build up, it's just for goals they do that. VAR would only check the penalty. I think that rule is a bit daft.

They do. Remember Hanlon’s handball away to Livi a few weeks ago?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-01-2024, 08:47 PM

Beat me to it. 👏

McD
03-01-2024, 08:52 PM

They did in our game against Livingston, penalty was initially awarded then rescinded for the attacker being offside

Also happened in the Liverpool vs Crystal Palace game for a foul in the build up to a penalty initially being awarded

GreenCastle
03-01-2024, 08:52 PM
I was hoping they audio would be available to everyone like they did in England.

Still seems a bit dodgy doing it all in house - available to Rangers representatives only ?!

CentreLine
03-01-2024, 08:53 PM
Hope the SFA put him in charge of their next game, just to piss them off even more

Isn’t that against us at ER?
Not a fan of Collum but would be happy with that

McD
03-01-2024, 08:53 PM

Beat me to it. 👏

And me 😂

Bridge hibs
03-01-2024, 08:58 PM
Isn’t that against us at ER?
Not a fan of Collum but would be happy with that

Isn't it the Scottish cup first ?

Chorley Hibee
03-01-2024, 09:07 PM
They were not properly dealt with post 2012 and this is the result. We only have ourselves to blame.

Correct.

Scottish football's cowardice (our own club included) has only helped enable their behaviour even further.

03-01-2024, 09:10 PM

Right enough. I was going by what an ex-ref said.

Conroy told https://sportslens.co/uk/: “Rangers have been robbed of the chance of levelling the game with a penalty kick. It was a clear penalty.

Offside is irrelevant. VAR can only check for an offside if there is a consequence -ie a goal. There wasn’t.

Willie Collum is there to check whether there was a hand ball or not."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ex-referee-points-fatal-flaw-161207170.html

HoboHarry
03-01-2024, 09:10 PM

What a lot of nonsense.

It's just rabble rousing. It's a better narrative for their half witted fans to discuss on their message boards than the fact that after spending 800 squillion quid they are still inferior to celtic.

matty_f
03-01-2024, 09:17 PM
Right enough. I was going by what an ex-ref said.

Conroy told https://sportslens.co/uk/: “Rangers have been robbed of the chance of levelling the game with a penalty kick. It was a clear penalty.

Offside is irrelevant. VAR can only check for an offside if there is a consequence -ie a goal. There wasn’t.

Willie Collum is there to check whether there was a hand ball or not."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ex-referee-points-fatal-flaw-161207170.html

He contradicts himself, if the penalty is given then that IS a consequence and VAR looks at the offside. As others have noted, we’ve already seen that applied this season with Livi’s penalty against us that was not given because of the offside.

That’s wilful ignorance from the guy, imho - determined to create a narrative where Rangers are victims.

CentreLine
03-01-2024, 09:35 PM
Now we have the Scotsman reporting The the Rangers are “deeply concerned” having “listened to the audio” at a meeting with the SFA today.
Is this privileged access that particular club are receiving or is this something all clubs can and should do?

Chorley Hibee
03-01-2024, 09:37 PM
Now we have the Scotsman reporting The the Rangers are “deeply concerned” having “listened to the audio” at a meeting with the SFA today.
Is this privileged access that particular club are receiving or is this something all clubs can and should do?

I think we know the answer to that...

KeithTheHibby
03-01-2024, 09:40 PM
Get this ****ing audio public and let us all listen. Either the **** have made a **** of it or those running the show have. Either way it should be called out.

03-01-2024, 09:49 PM
He contradicts himself, if the penalty is given then that IS a consequence and VAR looks at the offside. As others have noted, we’ve already seen that applied this season with Livi’s penalty against us that was not given because of the offside.

That’s wilful ignorance from the guy, imho - determined to create a narrative where Rangers are victims.

Yeah, he's talking bollocks. Concerning when ex-category 1 refs are coming out with such disinformation. It's bad enough when it's pundits, fans, managers, club statements.

neil7908
03-01-2024, 09:53 PM

This. They know they are untouchable and the SFA won't dare take any action.

The rest of Scottish football are complicit in their behaviour by not taking action when we could have.

xyz23jc
03-01-2024, 09:53 PM
I think we know the answer to that...

"Muscular Unionism"....? Sorry, wrong board! :wink::greengrin

JimBHibees
03-01-2024, 10:06 PM
The subtext re Collum is clear to even their most dim witted of fans. The irony of them wanting Collum banned isn't lost also given the ridiculous number of ludicrous decisions he has given them.

JohnM1875
04-01-2024, 01:40 AM
It really is time the SFA throw the book at them. What the **** are they really going to do? Refuse to fulfil fixtures? No chance, they need the Euro money. Leave the league? Again, absolutely no chance.

They can’t keep letting Sevco to get away with this ****. Sick to death of them.

Bridge hibs
04-01-2024, 05:46 AM
It really is time the SFA throw the book at them. What the **** are they really going to do? Refuse to fulfil fixtures? No chance, they need the Euro money. Leave the league? Again, absolutely no chance.

They can’t keep letting Sevco to get away with this ****. Sick to death of them.The SFA will ***** themselves and bet yer erse for one excuse after another Gollum wont officiate a newco game again for the remainder of this season

The SFA will make a statement, blah were keeping Gollum out of the firing line blah blah blah, newco will crayon up another statement in response and in the end newco will defeat the SFA in the statement derby with a last minute penalty

Since90+2
04-01-2024, 05:55 AM

Steve Conroy is openly a Celtic fan so I can't see why he's create a narrative where Rangers are victims.

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2024, 06:04 AM
Steve Conroy is openly a Celtic fan so I can't see why he's create a narrative where Rangers are victims.

It’s weird isn’t it? Maybe he just doesn’t know the VAR process (did he retire before it was implemented?)

The Spaceman
04-01-2024, 06:15 AM
Well, they can lead the way then in demanding that ALL VAR decision audios are available live/in real time (like the rugby) for all fans to hear for utter transparency. But that would also be hugely detrimental to them/put their world record no-penalty run at risk. Utter clowns. Hope they go bust for good.

Heisenberg
04-01-2024, 06:18 AM
Can’t wait to see what ludicrous decisions they get in their favour at Easter Road after all this moaning. Going to be off the scale.

DaveF
04-01-2024, 06:45 AM

Conroy just loves to cause controversy which means more airtime for himself. He's an arse and always has been.

BILLYHIBS
04-01-2024, 07:15 AM
Can’t wait to see what ludicrous decisions they get in their favour at Easter Road after all this moaning. Going to be off the scale.

Remember the last time Brother Beaton couldn’t wait to give a penalty for The Rangers against Porto at Easter Road

Hibernian Verse
04-01-2024, 07:16 AM
Well, they can lead the way then in demanding that ALL VAR decision audios are available live/in real time (like the rugby) for all fans to hear for utter transparency. But that would also be hugely detrimental to them/put their world record no-penalty run at risk. Utter clowns. Hope they go bust for good.

Kilmarnock got a penalty at Ibrox on Tuesday, it's over.

Broxburn Greens
04-01-2024, 07:19 AM

This.

What would be a tough game anyway will now be impossible, they will get every decision going. Almost can’t be arsed going, almost…

Aldo
04-01-2024, 07:24 AM

They can’t keep letting Sevco to get away with this ****. Sick to death of them.

Couldn’t agree more however we know how this will pan out.

Nothing will be said by the SFA, they will roll over and Collum wont be allocated any of their games.

They could however charge them with bringing the game into disrepute but it’s the SFA and they will pander to them.

Any other team (apart from Celtic) and they’d get hammered by SFA

matty_f
04-01-2024, 09:30 AM

That’s interesting. Pretty top quality trolling from him, then. Fair play. :faf:

matty_f
04-01-2024, 09:54 AM
If you take away that it’s Rangers and the circumstances around the complaint, if Collum's put out the offside after the event and they’ve got lucky with the decision, as appears to be the case, then there’s a wider integrity and he should resign.

It’s fine for them to explain why they didn’t think it was a penalty - even if the call is wrong, they happen all the time and the rest of us have to get on with it. I’ve not got the time nor the inclination to list the multitude of them that have gone in Rangers’ favour against us over the years.

But if they’ve pretended that they thought it was a penalty (which would have been checked for the offside and not given, anyway) when that’s not been the case and tried to cover it up, then they can’t continue in that position.

Integrity is everything in the game, without that people will always be looking for evidence of cheating.

The VAR audio should be transparent and proactively made available to clubs as a matter of course. Referee decisions in a professional game worth millions of pounds to clubs and with hundreds of thousands of supporters shouldn’t need secrecy.

We can all accept that mistakes can happen - you look at the offside given incorrectly at Spurs against Liverpool where the audio revealed a fairly monumental misunderstanding that caused the error. There was no agenda or cheating, just a clear muck up.

Carheenlea
04-01-2024, 10:08 AM
I’m not interested in the slightest in analysing the decision or studying audio like some MI5 spook over a penalty incident in a game of football - I’m more concerned at the arrogance, petulance and entitlement of one club who’s bullying, and in a roundabout way compromising Collums saftey and ability to continue refereeing.

I’m on the side of the referees here. They’re far from perfect but the scrutiny they are now put under is disgraceful. We all need to look at our own attitudes towards them as well - I’ll put my hands up and say some of the remarks I’ve made about them is pretty ridiculous and embarrassing when you take a step back from the emotion of a match day.

Real Emerald
04-01-2024, 10:08 AM
If you take away that it’s Rangers and the circumstances around the complaint, if Collum's put out the offside after the event and they’ve got lucky with the decision, as appears to be the case, then there’s a wider integrity and he should resign.

It’s fine for them to explain why they didn’t think it was a penalty - even if the call is wrong, they happen all the time and the rest of us have to get on with it. I’ve not got the time nor the inclination to list the multitude of them that have gone in Rangers’ favour against us over the years.

But if they’ve pretended that they thought it was a penalty (which would have been checked for the offside and not given, anyway) when that’s not been the case and tried to cover it up, then they can’t continue in that position.

Integrity is everything in the game, without that people will always be looking for evidence of cheating.

The VAR audio should be transparent and proactively made available to clubs as a matter of course. Referee decisions in a professional game worth millions of pounds to clubs and with hundreds of thousands of supporters shouldn’t need secrecy.

We can all accept that mistakes can happen - you look at the offside given incorrectly at Spurs against Liverpool where the audio revealed a fairly monumental misunderstanding that caused the error. There was no agenda or cheating, just a clear muck up.

Would VAR audio be made available to all clubs outside the old firm? It wouldn’t even make the news and be laughed out.

I do however agree with everything you say but they shouldn’t be getting any preferential treatment (haha) over other clubs. Why can’t we get an explanation over why the penalty not given to Hibs at Hampden didn’t even go to VAR etc. etc. etc.

Going forward maybe everyone should get that transparency though

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-01-2024, 10:15 AM
Would VAR audio be made available to all clubs outside the old firm? It wouldn’t even make the news and be laughed out.

I do however agree with everything you say but they shouldn’t be getting any preferential treatment (haha) over other clubs. Why can’t we get an explanation over why the penalty not given to Hibs at Hampden didn’t even go to VAR etc. etc. etc.

We should all get that transparency, all or nothing.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2024, 10:19 AM

You’re asking the SFA for transparency? [emoji23]

I actually agree with you on this. It’s clear a mistake was made on the day and they should have just said so.

For Rangers, they need to be careful what the wish for. More transparency would not be good for them.

JeMeSouviens
04-01-2024, 10:23 AM
Conroy just loves to cause controversy which means more airtime for himself. He's an arse and always has been.

Plus there's nothing better for the Sevco fanzine tabloids than someone "a bit feniany" to lend credibility to their outrage. Andy Walker's been mining this seam for years.

matty_f
04-01-2024, 11:43 AM

It should be for everyone. Including the fans, imho.

If you get past the notion that it will highlight mistakes and inconsistencies, which it will, then it should be a tool to improve the game, and certainly the standard of refereeing and the times where there is a confusion over the rule/law.

I’ve said it before but the starting point should be that the referee team handles the game without favouring one team or the other, and that they make every decision in good faith. If that’s what happens then there’s no need to hide behind any secrecy.

The referee and the VAR have to make a subjective decision on every incident, other than offsides or other “matter of fact” incidents.

They’ll never be aligned to everyone, there has to be some level of interpretation and a margin for error.

If, over time, that audio highlights an issue with an official either repeatedly making mistakes or favouring a team theyn it can be dealt with in an adult and professional way and I think we’d all want that.

matty_f
04-01-2024, 11:57 AM
I’m not interested in the slightest in analysing the decision or studying audio like some MI5 spook over a penalty incident in a game of football - I’m more concerned at the arrogance, petulance and entitlement of one club who’s bullying, and in a roundabout way compromising Collums saftey and ability to continue refereeing.

I’m on the side of the referees here. They’re far from perfect but the scrutiny they are now put under is disgraceful. We all need to look at our own attitudes towards them as well - I’ll put my hands up and say some of the remarks I’ve made about them is pretty ridiculous and embarrassing when you take a step back from the emotion of a match day.

I think clubs need to be careful of the language they use, and in Rangers’ case here, requesting an official doesn’t handle their matches is completely out of order because the inference is that he’s biased against them.

That’s clearly bringing the game in to dispute.

That said, scrutiny is not a bad thing. I’m conscious I’ll sound like a tin-foil hat conspiracist here but we feel foul of a referee in 2012 who objectively refereed us unfavourably. The stats absolutely backed that view up, yet Craig Thomson was given our biggest match, and in that game he ignored a clear red card offence and awarded a penalty that was, at best, contentious against us.

In the 11 years since then, we’ve had countless “injustices” from referees that have had a major impact on us as a club.

And there is one club who, more than any other, has been on the right side of decisions - ironically it’s the club who are making all the fuss this time, a reflection of how unusual it is for them to not get what they expect or feel entitled to, to the point where they’re belief is they should have had a penalty because the referee never noticed their player was offside.

The game needs scrutiny on the officials. It’s worth millions of pounds to clubs , players and staff have livelihoods that rest on the success of their employers yet because there’s no proper scrutiny at the moment, one club can go an almost world record amount of time without having a penalty given against them.

Other teams are allowed to foul far more frequently before receiving bookings than others. VAR appears to be applied very inconsistently.

Scrutiny and transparency lets everyone have an adult conversation about it and removes the wahoo conspiracies and it drives the standards up.

Referees aren’t volunteers, they’re very well paid at the top level SF they should absolutely be accountable for their performance.

Glory Lurker
04-01-2024, 12:04 PM
Scrap VAR and expel the OF and it would all be a lot better.

gbhibby
04-01-2024, 12:13 PM
Sick of the time that is being spent and column inches devoted to this. Close the thread The Rangers get more favourable decisions than any other team, the next thing is they will want rules of the game changed

Hibs4185
04-01-2024, 01:08 PM
It should be for everyone. Including the fans, imho.

If you get past the notion that it will highlight mistakes and inconsistencies, which it will, then it should be a tool to improve the game, and certainly the standard of refereeing and the times where there is a confusion over the rule/law.

I’ve said it before but the starting point should be that the referee team handles the game without favouring one team or the other, and that they make every decision in good faith. If that’s what happens then there’s no need to hide behind any secrecy.

The referee and the VAR have to make a subjective decision on every incident, other than offsides or other “matter of fact” incidents.

They’ll never be aligned to everyone, there has to be some level of interpretation and a margin for error.

If, over time, that audio highlights an issue with an official either repeatedly making mistakes or favouring a team theyn it can be dealt with in an adult and professional way and I think we’d all want that.

I can’t help but feel the chat between all the officials would be so amateur that it would be too embarrassing to release it.

‘Eh what does that button do again’ ‘FFS how do I rewind this f’ing thing’

Maybe next year when they are a bit more competent we might see more scrutiny.

Again it comes back to referees and VAR officials being full time professionals. Without this being the case we are always going to get amateur results

Rumble de Thump
04-01-2024, 01:35 PM
I can’t help but feel the chat between all the officials would be so amateur that it would be too embarrassing to release it.

Again it comes back to referees and VAR officials being full time professionals. Without this being the case we are always going to get amateur results

Refereeing the odd football match isn't something that requires a person working on it full time. There wouldn't be enough work for them to fill their hours and if they can't get their head around the basics having already been trained then it's just not for them. In any case, it's the corruption rather than the competence that has always been the problem in Scottish football.

Del Boy
04-01-2024, 01:48 PM

Exactly, only one other club goes on like this… anyone else would be getting charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

HoboHarry
04-01-2024, 01:50 PM
I think clubs need to be careful of the language they use, and in Rangers’ case here, requesting an official doesn’t handle their matches is completely out of order because the inference is that he’s biased against them.

That said, scrutiny is not a bad thing. I’m conscious I’ll sound like a tin-foil hat conspiracist here but we feel foul of a referee in 2012 who objectively refereed us unfavourably. The stats absolutely backed that view up, yet Craig Thomson was given our biggest match, and in that game he ignored a clear red card offence and awarded a penalty that was, at best, contentious against us.

In the 11 years since then, we’ve had countless “injustices” from referees that have had a major impact on us as a club.

And there is one club who, more than any other, has been on the right side of decisions - ironically it’s the club who are making all the fuss this time, a reflection of how unusual it is for them to not get what they expect or feel entitled to, to the point where they’re belief is they should have had a penalty because the referee never noticed their player was offside.

The game needs scrutiny on the officials. It’s worth millions of pounds to clubs , players and staff have livelihoods that rest on the success of their employers yet because there’s no proper scrutiny at the moment, one club can go an almost world record amount of time without having a penalty given against them.

Other teams are allowed to foul far more frequently before receiving bookings than others. VAR appears to be applied very inconsistently.

Scrutiny and transparency lets everyone have an adult conversation about it and removes the wahoo conspiracies and it drives the standards up.

Referees aren’t volunteers, they’re very well paid at the top level SF they should absolutely be accountable for their performance.
Scrutinising the referees isn't going to ever happen and the problem is deeper than that anyway. The entire refereeing organisation at the SFA needs to be shredded from the top down and rebuilt with an ethos of inclusion of all of the talented referees elsewhere in the country and not just the favoured few in Lanarkshire and Glasgow. The clubs outwith the OF could have that changed pretty quickly if they joined forces but they never have and it looks like they never will. Fergus McCann showed what could be achieved by taking them on but no-one has since, and Hibs are as spineless as every other club in Scotland by continually allowing those Sevco ***** to get away with murder.

Carheenlea
04-01-2024, 01:52 PM
VAR has barged itself into taking way too much of the spotlight in Scottish football as it stands. If we are to throw full transparency and access to refereeing audio then the game will be ruined completely with the main talking point each week being referees.

I’d go for less transparency and pull the shutters down completely. Let the referees referee and get back to the players and the game itself being the main focus of attention.

I wouldn’t even release detail in advance of who’s refereeing what game and who’s on VAR. Just turn up on a Saturday and get on with it.

Get football back.

degenerated
04-01-2024, 02:05 PM
What does the audio say?"Concomitant"

Bostonhibby
04-01-2024, 02:46 PM

Again it comes back to referees and VAR officials being full time professionals. Without this being the case we are always going to get amateur resultsAgreed, but you're forgetting the permanent figure sitting , Father Jack Hackett like in the background ,shouting penalty to Sevco every 3 or 4 minutes.Take them decades to eliminate that.

Bostonhibby
04-01-2024, 03:07 PM
https://twitter.com/Zeshankenzo/status/1742577385021534687?t=FnxcxZ261RmwT1B_WzkfKQ&s=08

They're generally getting laughed at round my way. Mate who is a Forest fan sent me this one.

Billy Whizz
04-01-2024, 03:20 PM
Rangers can’t just choose who can and cannot ref/var their games

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2024, 03:26 PM

I've a neighbour who is a supporter of the team in question, I'm over there for drinks and nibbles tomorrow night and looking forward to tell him that Collum has been given our game and is so pissed off that he will give hibs 3 very soft penalties 😁

CentreLine
04-01-2024, 03:32 PM
https://twitter.com/Zeshankenzo/status/1742577385021534687?t=FnxcxZ261RmwT1B_WzkfKQ&s=08

They're generally getting laughed at round my way. Mate who is a Forest fan sent me this one.

Cue a whole Twitter series of bad decisions in favour of the Orcs. Get out the popcorn, this show could runs for weeks because there is no top flight football to distract people. Or should I say “The People”

CentreLine
04-01-2024, 03:33 PM

Oh yes they can
(Pantomime season hasn’t quite finished yet)

HoboHarry
04-01-2024, 03:35 PM
Oh yes they can
(Pantomime season hasn’t quite finished yet)
They're behind ye......

hibsbollah
04-01-2024, 03:42 PM
I would have loved to have seen the beaks response if we’d asked that Craig Thomson be taken off our games in the naughties, bearing in mind his stats re-bookings pens and yellows for and against us.

Bostonhibby
04-01-2024, 03:55 PM
Cue a whole Twitter series of bad decisions in favour of the Orcs. Get out the popcorn, this show could runs for weeks because there is no top flight football to distract people. Or should I say “The People”It's a decent read though, quite happy to see either of the uglies make erses of themselves. Can't beat a good pompous self righteous Sevco statement.

matty_f
04-01-2024, 04:11 PM
I would have loved to have seen the beaks response if we’d asked that Craig Thomson be taken off our games in the naughties, bearing in mind his stats re-bookings pens and yellows for and against us.

This is a true story, from the horse's mouth of the person involved at the time, and I think folk like Gogs and Baldy Foghorn (potentially Scotty Leather as well) can verify this as well, remembered as well as I can.

In the lead up to the 2012 Scottish Cup Final, Hibs raised concerns about the appointment of Craig Thomson with the SFA.

The SFA invited Scott Lindsay through to Hampden to discuss. Hibs prepared their case with the rationale for the request/concerns and headed to Hampden on the day of the meeting.

Upon arrival, they were asked to wait outside the meeting room, and while they were waiting and just about to go into the meeting, the SFA made public who the match day officials were going to be.

They completely shafted us with it, by the time we actually got in to discuss the concerns, the decision had been made public and so any changes would have caused uproar.

We all know what happened next. Thomson's record against us even prior to that final was an utter disgrace.

McSwanky
04-01-2024, 04:20 PM
This is a true story, from the horse's mouth of the person involved at the time, and I think folk like Gogs and Baldy Foghorn (potentially Scotty Leather as well) can verify this as well, remembered as well as I can.

In the lead up to the 2012 Scottish Cup Final, Hibs raised concerns about the appointment of Craig Thomson with the SFA.

The SFA invited Scott Lindsay through to Hampden to discuss. Hibs prepared their case with the rationale for the request/concerns and headed to Hampden on the day of the meeting.

Upon arrival, they were asked to wait outside the meeting room, and while they were waiting and just about to go into the meeting, the SFA made public who the match day officials were going to be.

They completely shafted us with it, by the time we actually got in to discuss the concerns, the decision had been made public and so any changes would have caused uproar.

We all know what happened next. Thomson's record against us even prior to that final was an utter disgrace.

That's an absolute shocker. Hibs try to go about things in the right way and get completely humiliated and slapped down by the SFA. Old Firm teams, on the other hand....

I'm ****ing sick of all this 'poor me' stuff from the two of them, absolutely pig sick of it.

hibsbollah
04-01-2024, 05:03 PM

I remember that story from the time, i met SL too and liked him, certainly didnt seem to be someone who’d make things up. Just a reminder that we’re not dealing with normal human beings here when we deal with the SFA.

HoboHarry
04-01-2024, 05:36 PM
That's an absolute shocker. Hibs try to go about things in the right way and get completely humiliated and slapped down by the SFA. Old Firm teams, on the other hand....

I'm ****ing sick of all this 'poor me' stuff from the two of them, absolutely pig sick of it.
I'd love to see a full on war break out between the SFA and Sevco though I doubt it will ever happen. I'd be willing to bet money that under the table deals over the years would lead to more than a few being banned from ever participating in football again. Mutual destruction would be the term I think.

Carheenlea
04-01-2024, 05:39 PM
SFA statement

https://i.postimg.cc/JnY6THG3/IMG-1744.jpg (https://postimg.cc/R6fLhF1q)

greenginger
04-01-2024, 05:41 PM

Im still convinced Thomson took a bung for that game.

Vlad had accusations of ref tampering back in Lithuania, why would he not try it here.

There is no way a refs decisions could be so one sided if he is trying to be even handed.

I did have hopes the Ukio Bankas trial might reveal some suspicious payments but that trial seems like a non starter for some reason.

Glory Lurker
04-01-2024, 05:42 PM
SFA are disappointed! That'll tell them.

Can Paul McGinn retrospectively appeal?

hibsbollah
04-01-2024, 05:44 PM
SFA statement

Basically, theyre just bending over and taking it.

HoboHarry
04-01-2024, 05:44 PM
SFA statement

Will await the **** reply.
I doubt there will be a further reply, their support will pay no attention to statements from the SFA and Sevco know that. The club dog whistled their support after being beaten by a superior Celtic team and there were enough morons among the support who sat up and barked for Sevco to have accomplished their mission.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-01-2024, 05:45 PM
I remember that story from the time, i met SL too and liked him, certainly didnt seem to be someone who’d make things up. Just a reminder that we’re not dealing with normal human beings here when we deal with the SFA.

Also a reminder that Hibs doing Hibs things and going through “proper channels” gets us nowhere. Call it out, publicly, and encourage other teams to speak up too. Otherwise it will forever be thus.

greenginger
04-01-2024, 05:58 PM
SFA statement

VAR did not consider the missed handball to be a clear and obvious error worthy of referral to the ref.

It was a hell of a lot more clear and obvious than the ball brushing over Rocky’s sleeve in the Edinburgh derby.

I thought VAR was meant to be applied uniformly.

JohnM1875
04-01-2024, 06:01 PM
SFA statement

What a pathetic, meek but wholly expected response.

gbhibby
04-01-2024, 06:38 PM
SFA statement

The SFA should not have needed to make a statement who do the Rangers think they are. Will the SFA make statements when other clubs look for an explanation of decisions. I think not.

hibsbollah
04-01-2024, 06:44 PM
The SFA should not have needed to make a statement who do the Rangers think they are. Will the SFA make statements when other clubs look for an explanation of decisions. I think not.

They also fined other clubs when they questioned decision makers’ integrity. Look at Vlad, three times for £50,000.

Joe6-2
04-01-2024, 06:46 PM

Totally agree with you, I’m absolutely raging with that shower of entitled b******

Kato
04-01-2024, 06:50 PM

Aye, barry.

I know you're being rhetorical, gg but one thing I will say.

I have never thought that VAR in Scotland would ever be applied uniformly.

Before it came in I wondered how they would carry the blag out but I never thought that the laws would be so bewilderingly misapplied, and so blatantly. Its one of the best gaslighting programmes on the go, and that's in a crowded field which contains many top notch experts. Obviously I concentrate on Hibs games but can see objectively with my own yaks that we are on the end of some obviously bad decisions which VAR breezes over, eg Marshall bundled into the net by two Ross County players neither of whom touched the ball, Vente penalty in the semifinal, Shinnie having four or five fouls in the semi but not booked till the last minute, Hearts player should have been sent off at our penalty last week, there's a good few others.

Six or seven officials looking at those and not one mentions the law should be applied.

The matter of "opinion" arises but those seem pretty blatant to me, especially in light of how other matches pan out and how other decisions are scrutinised with way, way more press volume than Hibs get.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
04-01-2024, 06:53 PM
VAR did not consider the missed handball to be a clear and obvious error worthy of referral to the ref.

It was a hell of a lot more clear and obvious than the ball brushing over Rocky’s sleeve in the Edinburgh derby.

They have stuck the word ‘subjective’ in there just to muddy the waters and cover themselves.

When you consider this against what was deemed to be worthy of an on field review against Rocky, it’s just ridiculous.

Rumble de Thump
04-01-2024, 07:06 PM
Naismith now saying decisions against Hearts are unacceptable and he wants and explanation from the head of referee operations: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67885057

greenlex
04-01-2024, 07:10 PM
Naismith now saying decisions against Hearts are unacceptable and he wants and explanation from the head of referee operations: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67885057
I’ve looked at that incident quite a few times and I still don’t see definitive contact. He throws himself to the ground after a couple of steps.

hibsbollah
04-01-2024, 07:13 PM

If i'm being totally objective, I have seen a few really bad decisions go against the Cardigans this season. I'd be delighted if we called it out ourselves.

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2024, 07:50 PM
They will always be known firstly (justly) as a bigoted, sectarian institution, but incidents like this serve to remind us just how pathetic, petty and seedy they’ve become in their utterly childishly transparent attempts at manipulation.

Rumble de Thump
04-01-2024, 07:51 PM
If i'm being totally objective, I have seen a few really bad decisions go against the Cardigans this season. I'd be delighted if we called it out ourselves.

It's not a coincidence that the two clubs that cheat more than all the other clubs in Scotland put together are the ones always pretending they're the ones hard done by.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2024, 08:09 PM
I’ve not got sucked in to the statements in a long while but seems to me it’s that VAR just presents another layer of weasel words and legal-ease to enable those with power to retain it. It was never a level playing field and VAR will ensure the status quo remains.

CentreLine
04-01-2024, 08:10 PM
Now The rangers podcast are claiming not to be an “official” mouthpiece fur the club. Strange then that they seem to have been privy to so much detail on the meeting between that particular club and the SFA.

HibbyDave
05-01-2024, 07:03 AM
One of the biggest issues is that here in Scotland we have usually only one camera at the match and therefore will never see any other angles.
So VAR is useless really

green day
05-01-2024, 08:16 AM
One of the biggest issues is that here in Scotland we have usually only one camera at the match and therefore will never see any other angles.
So VAR is useless really

No games where VAR is in operation have "only one camera".

How on earth do you think they can calculate if a ball is over the line or offsides from one camera????

Trinity Hibee
05-01-2024, 08:20 AM
For a team that get way more decisions that go for them than don’t, they release a statement every time something doesn’t go their way. They should be fined, points deducted. The additional pressure this puts on refs etc is ridiculous.

Sick of hearing from this ‘club’

Smartie
05-01-2024, 08:20 AM
No games where VAR is in operation have "only one camera".

How on earth do you think they can calculate if a ball is over the line or offsides from one camera????

They use that camera to see which team is wearing red, white and blue and give the decision accordingly? If neither, they guess.

Hibernian Verse
05-01-2024, 08:28 AM
I’ve looked at that incident quite a few times and I still don’t see definitive contact. He throws himself to the ground after a couple of steps.

It's a penalty clear as day, you need some new specs :greengrin

Northernhibee
05-01-2024, 08:29 AM

I hope all ten clubs who are often on the wrong end of refereeing decisions do this.

JeMeSouviens
05-01-2024, 09:04 AM
It's like the old Fergie trick of getting the whole team to intimidate the ref at the first controversial call. You don't get that decision changed, but it sure as hell makes the ref think twice about the next one.

Sadly the bullying playbook of the h**s old and new is a proven winner for them.

LunasBoots
05-01-2024, 01:06 PM
Its intimidation by the currants, bringing the game into disrepute, wont see many calls given against them now.

BILLYHIBS
05-01-2024, 01:11 PM
Hopefully The Rangers start to get the hopeless novices that Hibs have been landed with that have yet to Ref a match involving The Rangers

Wait a minute a quick check tells me they come from Bothwell Rutherglen and Cumbernauld?

HoboHarry
05-01-2024, 01:53 PM
It's like the old Fergie trick of getting the whole team to intimidate the ref at the first controversial call. You don't get that decision changed, but it sure as hell makes the ref think twice about the next one.

Sadly the bullying playbook of the h**s old and new is a proven winner for them.
Only because all of the other clubs, including Hibs, allow it to happen.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2024, 01:57 PM
I'm sitting a table away from a Weegie Atilla in the boozer that has been going on about being cheated out of that penalty for about half an hour, he is an absolute ring piece. Cannae string two words together without Fenian B's getting a mention.

hibsbollah
05-01-2024, 02:04 PM
I'm sitting a table away from a Weegie Atilla in the boozer that has been going on about being cheated out of that penalty for about half an hour, he is an absolute ring piece. Cannae string two words together without Fenian B's getting a mention.

Pharmacies stock a range of good soluble laxative products these days. Make a detour on your next trip to the bar :aok:

The Harp Awakes
05-01-2024, 02:06 PM
They will always be known firstly (justly) as a bigoted, sectarian institution, but incidents like this serve to remind us just how pathetic, petty and seedy they’ve become in their utterly childishly transparent attempts at manipulation.

Correct. An evil institution with no class or shame, masquerading as a football club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2024, 02:06 PM
Pharmacies stock a range of good soluble laxative products these days. Make a detour on your next trip to the bar :aok:

Trip to the bar 🤔

Kato
05-01-2024, 02:33 PM
I'm sitting a table away from a Weegie Atilla in the boozer that has been going on about being cheated out of that penalty for about half an hour, he is an absolute ring piece. Cannae string two words together without Fenian B's getting a mention.SFA lunch meeting?

HoboHarry
05-01-2024, 02:54 PM
SFA lunch meeting?

I'd bet money there's no fish on the menu....

Hibs4185
05-01-2024, 02:56 PM
Mentioned the derby to my atilla supporting joiner this morning, he was pretty reasonable before Xmas but this morning he was nearly foaming at the mouth when we spoke about it

Reckons they get no decisions and all the referees and SFA are against them.

If he’s turned rabid, can’t imagine how all the other hordes are dealing with it

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2024, 04:00 PM
I'd bet money there's no fish on the menu....

Could only get fresh orange for my vodka. 😀

HoboHarry
05-01-2024, 04:07 PM
Could only get fresh orange for my vodka. 😀
A real Hibee would drinking Creme de Menthe in that company... :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2024, 04:12 PM
A real Hibee would drinking Creme de Menthe in that company... :greengrin

Absinthe surely.

hibbydog
05-01-2024, 04:14 PM
We are Rangers
We are Rangers
No one likes us
And it appears that we may have failed to anticipate the long term ramifications of this

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2024, 04:24 PM
www.thespruceeats.com/irish-flag-shooter-recipe-759704

I'm not even Irish. 😄

Chorley Hibee
05-01-2024, 04:34 PM
Another normal day at Ibrox.

Clement looks delighted...

https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1742212906102693971?s=19

Renfrew_Hibby
05-01-2024, 04:41 PM

Club historian is a right prat

hibsbollah
05-01-2024, 04:43 PM

So, so moving.
And what an inspiring speaker.
Fascinating info about the pottery industry in Spode.

jakedance
05-01-2024, 05:03 PM

What a silly club they are.

HoboHarry
05-01-2024, 05:24 PM
Absinthe surely.
No for me, I'm only 61, too young to be absinthing from anything....

Joe6-2
05-01-2024, 06:23 PM

Preeminent 😂 David MASON 😂

Kato
05-01-2024, 06:28 PM

https://i.ibb.co/G70rdqN/Screen-Recording-20240105-192004-X-2.gif

Bostonhibby
05-01-2024, 07:53 PM

Sent from my SM-A528B using TapatalkPoor mans Jaap Stam impersonater on acid, saying I don't want to be here but I have to be as I'll never get paid as much again.

He's probably already on the downward helter skelter that done for the rest of them who never had the money or ability to compete with the other cheek.

Carheenlea
05-01-2024, 08:25 PM

From their own website. What a humble club they are..:lolrangers:

“THE Directors of Rangers and Kilmarnock today took part in the traditional Loving Cup ceremony in the Blue Room ahead of today’s match.

Found within the Ibrox Trophy Room, the Cup is one of only thirty cast from a unique mould to commemorate the coronation in May 1937 of Their Majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
The story of how it came into Rangers’ possession is part of the club’s folklore.
Identical Loving Cups were presented to the 22 English First Division clubs of the time, with the others going to the British Museum and various organisations.
Back then, as now, Rangers were recognised as one of the world’s great clubs and so it was that they were asked to participate in a special match to raise funds for the dependents of the miners who lost their lives in the Holditch Colliery Disaster in the Stoke area.
Manager Bill Struth accepted the invitation immediately and Stoke City President, Sir Francis Joseph, presented Rangers with the last of the Loving Cups after the match which finished goalless.
His one request was that the vessel should be used in perpetuity to drink to the health of the reigning monarch prior to the club’s first home match of every year.
So it is to this day, the New Year toast is celebrated in the Blue Room by the assembled directors and guests of Rangers and the visiting team at the first home game of the year.”

Bostonhibby
05-01-2024, 08:32 PM
From their own website. What a humble club they are..[emoji38]rangers:

“THE Directors of Rangers and Kilmarnock today took part in the traditional Loving Cup ceremony in the Blue Room ahead of today’s match.

Found within the Ibrox Trophy Room, the Cup is one of only thirty cast from a unique mould to commemorate the coronation in May 1937 of Their Majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
The story of how it came into Rangers’ possession is part of the club’s folklore.
Identical Loving Cups were presented to the 22 English First Division clubs of the time, with the others going to the British Museum and various organisations.
Back then, as now, Rangers were recognised as one of the world’s great clubs and so it was that they were asked to participate in a special match to raise funds for the dependents of the miners who lost their lives in the Holditch Colliery Disaster in the Stoke area.
Manager Bill Struth accepted the invitation immediately and Stoke City President, Sir Francis Joseph, presented Rangers with the last of the Loving Cups after the match which finished goalless.
His one request was that the vessel should be used in perpetuity to drink to the health of the reigning monarch prior to the club’s first home match of every year.
So it is to this day, the New Year toast is celebrated in the Blue Room by the assembled directors and guests of Rangers and the visiting team at the first home game of the year.”

Fair brings a tear to a glass eye, you've just got to hope they never have a reason to play football in and around stoke given the orcs behaviour in terrorising and wrecking other English city centres like Birminghan and Manchester. .........

HoboHarry
05-01-2024, 08:36 PM
Poor mans Jaap Stam impersonater on acid, saying I don't want to be here but I have to be as I'll never get paid as much again.

He's probably already on the downward helter skelter that done for the rest of them who never had the money or ability to compete with the other cheek.

That might be the best WTAF look I've ever seen on a grown man :faf::faf:

Bostonhibby
05-01-2024, 08:38 PM
That might be the best WTAF look I've ever seen on a grown man :faf::faf:Probably just worried aboot drinking a dubious substance from an odd wee bowl he's never encountered in Belgium right after a big fat coupon has dribbled into it[emoji16]

hibsbollah
05-01-2024, 09:11 PM
Poor mans Jaap Stam impersonater on acid, saying I don't want to be here but I have to be

:faf:

weecounty hibby
05-01-2024, 09:16 PM
A club run by wierdos for wierdos!! Are we meant to believe that all this Jan 1st derbies with celtic saw them and the celtic team in the blue room toasting the king/queen. **** off absolute roasters. I hate them and everything they stand for

Glory Lurker
05-01-2024, 09:21 PM

No way I'm watching the video so relying on this as being a true transcript!

How is it the last Loving Cup if 22 clubs plus an undetermined number of other parties got one?

neil7908
05-01-2024, 09:36 PM

My first thought when I read the name of the cup...

BoomtownHibees
05-01-2024, 10:11 PM
2 clubs 1 cup

BILLYHIBS
05-01-2024, 10:15 PM
My first thought when I read the name of the cup...

Superbad

BILLYHIBS
05-01-2024, 10:24 PM
Ragin Refs set for SFA crisis talks over The Rangers row as whistlers rally round Willie Gollum

The Daily Ranger

Smartie
05-01-2024, 10:42 PM
😂😂😂

The McLovin cup, in honour of possibly the funniest scene in movie history (when McLovin reveals his fake ID).

gbhibby
05-01-2024, 11:05 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/11753068/rangers-willie-collum-holyrood-sfa-culture-secrecy-scottish-parliament-motion/

Dearie me

GreenCastle
06-01-2024, 06:05 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/11753068/rangers-willie-collum-holyrood-sfa-culture-secrecy-scottish-parliament-motion/

Dearie me

I’m all for the transparency in this league.

Would love to hear the conversations the refs have with the incidents involving Hibs and against the Old Firm.

Victor
06-01-2024, 07:18 AM

Why are they drinking to the health of the over privileged Monarch and not the memory of the miners who lost their lives? Just wondering

MKHIBEE
06-01-2024, 07:40 AM
Why are they drinking to the health of the over privileged Monarch and not the memory of the miners who lost their lives? Just wondering

Some of the miners may been of the wrong religious persuasion?

Bostonhibby
06-01-2024, 08:33 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIs it because they are happy to see themselves as mere serfs, subjects of a somehow superior being only there by virtue of birth?

Keith_M
06-01-2024, 08:48 AM
"People can make their own mind up on what Rangers’ motivation was for sparking a game of statement tennis with the SFA.
For me it was a blame game, a deflection tactic, after they fell short in another big match against Celtic."

"It’s been a strange old week and some may want to bring greater scrutiny on how it’s taken the best part of two years for Rangers to have a Premiership penalty awarded against them but we didn’t see any statements or bafflement on that astonishing stat."

"I go back to asking what Rangers’ motivation was? Were they doing it on behalf of all clubs, for the greater good of the Scottish game?
Or was it to deflect and pile pressure on referees further down the line? I think we all know which one it is and it’s so unnecessary."

Chris Sutton, in the Daily Record (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-setting-dangerous-precedent-unnecessary-31815065)

neil7908
06-01-2024, 08:53 AM
"People can make their own mind up on what Rangers’ motivation was for sparking a game of statement tennis with the SFA.
For me it was a blame game, a deflection tactic, after they fell short in another big match against Celtic."

"It’s been a strange old week and some may want to bring greater scrutiny on how it’s taken the best part of two years for Rangers to have a Premiership penalty awarded against them but we didn’t see any statements or bafflement on that astonishing stat."

"I go back to asking what Rangers’ motivation was? Were they doing it on behalf of all clubs, for the greater good of the Scottish game?
Or was it to deflect and pile pressure on referees further down the line? I think we all know which one it is and it’s so unnecessary."

Chris Sutton, in the Daily Record (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-setting-dangerous-precedent-unnecessary-31815065)

I really don't like Sutton but he's absolutely right.

Keith_M
06-01-2024, 08:54 AM

My sentiments exactly.

JimBHibees
06-01-2024, 08:56 AM

That is a wtaf is going on face? :greengrin

cubehindthegoal
06-01-2024, 09:02 AM

“Sir” president of Stoke might partially indicate why … and I’m sure Rangers “loyal traditions” were well recognised in this regard, not that they were some sort of world famous, universally recognised and consistently successful European club like a Real Madrid - actually, even before European tournaments as we know them now, they were amongst such elite, as some others were, but the rangers weren’t - as they would want everyone to believe lol

JimBHibees
06-01-2024, 09:06 AM
A club run by wierdos for wierdos!! Are we meant to believe that all this Jan 1st derbies with celtic saw them and the celtic team in the blue room toasting the king/queen. **** off absolute roasters. I hate them and everything they stand for

My exact thought assume that happens at the traditional new year home game v Celtic. Utterly weird to think that is normal.

Bishop Hibee
06-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Strange it was Hibernian FC and not “one of the world’s great clubs” who were invited to play in the first European Cup.

JimBHibees
06-01-2024, 09:19 AM
“Sir” president of Stoke might partially indicate why … and I’m sure Rangers “loyal traditions” were well recognised in this regard, not that they were some sort of world famous, universally recognised and consistently successful European club like a Real Madrid - actually, even before European tournaments as we know them now, they were amongst such elite, as some others were, but the rangers weren’t - as they would want everyone to believe lol

Sounds like they were the only team who agreed to do the game and gave up our expenses whoopy doo.

True charity doesn’t need recognition; it simply gives.

Victor
06-01-2024, 10:05 AM
Is it because they are happy to see themselves as mere serfs, subjects of a somehow superior being only there by virtue of birth?

Yes serfdom. Why we didn’t need slaves in this country. Just a bunch of hat tipping numpties happy to do the bidding of their ‘superiors’. The French had the right idea!

Bostonhibby
06-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Yes serfdom. Why we didn’t need slaves in this country. Just a bunch of hat tipping numpties happy to do the bidding of their ‘superiors’. The French had the right idea!Vive la republique.

But that's probably for another forum[emoji16]

Fuzzywuzzy
06-01-2024, 11:11 AM

I take it this gentleman is doing this for the greater good of Scottish football

I thought FIFA were quite strict on government involvement in football. Sure there was a **** storm in Argentina a number of years ago when the government tried to involve themselves

Irish_Steve
06-01-2024, 11:31 AM
2 clubs 1 cup

Ach, I thought it was funny lol

whiskyhibby
06-01-2024, 11:52 AM

I take it this gentleman is doing this for the greater good of Scottish football

I thought FIFA were quite strict on government involvement in football. Sure there was a **** storm in Argentina a number of years ago when the government tried to involve themselves

A sure sign the game in Scotland is ****ed when a SNP MSP calls for an end to the culture of secrecy at the SFA with a straight face……or any sense of self awareness

whiskyhibby
06-01-2024, 12:53 PM

A sure sign the game in Scotland is ****ed when a SNP MSP calls for an end to the culture of secrecy at the SFA with a straight face……or any sense of self awareness

ancient hibee
06-01-2024, 01:08 PM
Amazing.Sutton in anti Rangers comments.:greengrin

Irish_Steve
06-01-2024, 08:56 PM
I see the Scottish referees Union has joined in to - would be really funny if they decided to strike on every game the The Rangers had thus ensuring they got no more points - admittedly, neither would we but it would be worth it lol

Bostonhibby
06-01-2024, 09:21 PM
I see the Scottish referees Union has joined in to - would be really funny if they decided to strike on every game the The Rangers had thus ensuring they got no more points - admittedly, neither would we but it would be worth it lolA right bummer for Nick Walsh and John Beaton, robbed of the chance to watch their team first hand every week.

CentreLine
07-01-2024, 04:21 AM
It’s incredible what that particular club get up to. If reports are correct, there can be few clubs that manage, in consecutive times, to:

Fail to show accounts but still receive clearance to play in Europe.

Go belly up as a club

Reincarnate themselves by gaining huge concessions from the national association who change the rules to make it happen

Then fall out with the league structure, claiming they mistreated them by only creating an avenue for them to enter the SPFL on the bottom rung, unbelievably calling it relegation

Fallout with the national broadcaster for daring to mention their “irregular” behaviour

Find themselves subject to scrutiny on UEFA financial fair play rules

Are petty enough to start a tit fir tat banning of fans from their biggest rivals ( can’t be too may other examples of that in the world- maybe Amsterdam?)

Kick off because some referee forgot they should give penalties fir them but not against

And still they avoid sanction. Something would appear to be very wrong here or am I missing something?

HoboHarry
07-01-2024, 04:35 AM
It’s incredible what that particular club get up to. If reports are correct, there can be few clubs that manage, in consecutive times, to:

Go belly up as a club

Reincarnate themselves by gaining huge concessions from the national association who change the rules to make it happen

Then fall out with the league structure, claiming they mistreated them by only creating an avenue for them to enter the SPFL on the bottom rung, unbelievably calling it relegation

Fallout with the national broadcaster for daring to mention their “irregular” behaviour

Are petty enough to start a tit fir tat banning of fans from their biggest rivals ( can’t be too may other examples of that in the world- maybe Amsterdam?)

Kick off because some referee forgot they should give penalties fir them but not against

And still they avoid sanction. Something would appear to be very wrong here or am I missing something?
I've said it over and over, they have something over the SFA that allows them to act with impunity, I can't think of any other reason why a so called professional body would allow themselves to be regularly rag dolled by that bunch of tramps.

Manxhibs
07-01-2024, 05:32 AM

Go belly up as a club

And still there has been no penalty awarded against them.

Hibernia&Alba
07-01-2024, 07:47 AM
And still there has been no penalty awarded against them.

Killie just got one at Ibrox. It was the first awarded against The Rangers in something like seventy-two league games.

JimBHibees
07-01-2024, 10:36 AM
I've said it over and over, they have something over the SFA that allows them to act with impunity, I can't think of any other reason why a so called professional body would allow themselves to be regularly rag dolled by that bunch of tramps.

Absolutely do probably something to with the five party agreement when their corpse was being revived.

Keith_M
07-01-2024, 06:58 PM

Go belly up as a club

Banning a BBC reporter from Ibrox because he dared to mention the fact that their fans were singing sectarian songs at Easter Road.

Forcing the sacking of the senior sports reporter at the Herald, plus a colleague who supported him, because he wrote about a conversation where a director of their club praised a bigoted song (The Billy Boys) sung by their fans.

fordie2
08-01-2024, 06:30 AM

Go belly up as a club

Refusing to accept a league sponsor and undermining the rest of the deal.

Jones28
08-01-2024, 08:50 AM
2 clubs 1 cup

I'd rather watch the original than watch that again.

3pm
08-01-2024, 01:25 PM
Looks like Hamilton Accies have noised up the fans now. Had to issue an apology. 😂

greenlex
08-01-2024, 01:39 PM
Looks like Hamilton Accies have noised up the fans now. Had to issue an apology. 😂
I’d have told them to FRO to be honest.

Rumble de Thump
08-01-2024, 01:41 PM
They struggle to cope with any little reminder that Rangers actually went bust and the new club will forever just be a different club that some folk pretend is the original.

Billy Whizz
09-01-2024, 06:12 PM
I see Rangers are “trialing” cutting allocations for away fans
For the visit of Livingston in February, they are putting the small band of away supporters in the club deck in the main stand

As Livvi only will only bring a few, I’m hoping they only do this for the likes of Livvi/Ross County etc
I sincerely hope they don’t do this to Hibs, as it’s probably only Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen who sell out the approx 900 or so we get

Bridge hibs
09-01-2024, 06:25 PM
For the visit of Livingston in February, they are putting the small band of away supporters in the club deck in the main stand

As Livvi only will only bring a few, I’m hoping they only do this for the likes of Livvi/Ross County etc
I sincerely hope they don’t do this to Hibs, as it’s probably only Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen who sell out the approx 900 or so we get

They are also moving their onion bears from the copland to the broomloan stand too with season ticket holders getting first dibs for seats in the newly developed copland or something like that

Sorry for the copy and paste, I feel clarty now

Following trials earlier in the season and further to supporter and men’s first-team player feedback, the club will introduce an expanded singing section within the Copland Front.

Allied to these changes, a new cantilever will be constructed at the front of the Copland Rear with almost 1000 new seats, meaning a net-capacity increase of almost 600, with these new seats having some of the best views of the Ibrox pitch.

linlithgowhibbie
09-01-2024, 08:10 PM

I think you could add Killie and St Mirren this year.:thumbsup:

mixumatosis
11-01-2024, 12:30 PM
Didn't think it merited it's own thread, but the Rangers have lost an employment tribunal case against former kitman Jim Mcallister:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-

As I understand it, a die hard fan who would have happily worked for the club all his days and they sacked him for "stealing" kit that the players had apparently given him to raffle for charity.

Stay classy, bears.

JimBHibees
11-01-2024, 12:34 PM
Didn't think it merited it's own thread, but the Rangers have lost an employment tribunal case against former kitman Jim Mcallister:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-

As I understand it, a die hard fan who would have happily worked for the club all his days and they sacked him for "stealing" kit that the players had apparently given him to raffle for charity.

Stay classy, bears.

Link doesn't work.

mixumatosis
11-01-2024, 02:59 PM
Must have not copied it correctly:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-j-mcalister-v-the-rangers-football-club-ltd-4105408-slash-2023

Edit to add, I think it may have been reported in the Daily Record with more of the backstory, but I'm certainly not going clicking around on there to find it.

Billy Whizz
11-01-2024, 04:03 PM

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions/mr-j-mcalister-v-the-rangers-football-club-ltd-4105408-slash-2023

Edit to add, I think it may have been reported in the Daily Record with more of the backstory, but I'm certainly not going clicking around on there to find it.
It’s pretty appalling that supposed big companies behave like this

11-01-2024, 04:08 PM

They should be made to re-employ him and play him up front.

Hibiza
11-01-2024, 04:11 PM
Sevco (2) Scotland Ltd , if I'm not mistaken .

Bostonhibby
11-01-2024, 05:51 PM
It’s pretty appalling that supposed big companies behave like thisNot a problem, put your own business into liquidation, fans walk away (whilst singing we don't do walking away) job done.

Debt avoided, victim gets nowt then start again as sevco 2 and be welcomed in by the Hunnish types and other cowards who run Scottish football.

Hibs4185
11-01-2024, 06:18 PM
Just read the ruling, pretty unbelievable way to treat a member of staff.