PDA

View Full Version : Miller passing

Percy Vere
28-12-2023, 08:38 AM
I like Miller first of all.
He's got a good work ethic, his defensive play is improving.
However, how many passes went astray last night?
It seemed like everyone he passed a ball to, it went to an opposition player.
Not to mention the square ball in front of the box which almost resulted in a goal against us. Surely as a pro footballer passing is a minimal skill requirement.

Springbank
28-12-2023, 08:39 AM
You hear rumours of him being late for training and disrespecting the manager

Not my kind of guy and he was utterly hopeless last night

hearts best player by a mile, 100% passing to a maroon jersey including defence splitting passes across the face of his own goal to an opponent

not a fan

Trinity Hibee
28-12-2023, 08:40 AM

hearts best player by a mile, 100% passing to a maroon jersey including defence splitting passes across the face of his own goal to an opponent

not a fan

Not heard those rumours and I’d be very surprised that Montgomery is still starting him if those were true.

MKHIBEE
28-12-2023, 08:43 AM
You don’t like him, he was poor last night, which is fine, but to say 100% of his passes went to a hearts player just is just ridiculous.

keep the faith
28-12-2023, 08:47 AM
Obitas distribution was even worse than Miller's last night.

AlbertK86
Him and Campbell were horrific in the first half.

Campbell three easy passes in the first four minutes went straight to Hearts players.

Both players created numerous chances for opposition.

Levitt very poor and guilty of similar as well.

Obita very good defensively and carrying ball but his passes to Tavares were terrible as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

supermcginn
Him and Campbell both couldn't pass water, just very poor footballers.

Spike Mandela
28-12-2023, 08:49 AM
It was a poor game, both teams had players giving the ball away far too easily.

Hearts won't care about that. We do because we lost.

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2023, 08:52 AM

not a fan

Heard that was Youan ???

Chinese whispers

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2023, 08:55 AM
Miller thrupenny piece feet

He also doesn’t dribble past players he sort of stumbles past them never in control of the ball like a bull in a China Shop

Gmack7
28-12-2023, 08:55 AM
Cadden will literally walk straight into the team when fit enough, he's not faultless but is levels above Miller.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2023, 08:56 AM
Our right hand side was tragic in the 1st half last night.

Tbf to Miller I am convinced he wasn't fully fit. He chased a ball to the touchline last night that he simply had to catch and it was like he couldn't run and the ball trickled out so slowly it barely crossed the line. He was slow and cumbersome all night and found himself under pressure and rushing passes constantly because of that.

He also got no help at all from Campbell in the 1st half who must have turned over possession 10+ times and very little defensive support from Youan after the enforced change in the 2nd.

A night for him to forget.

1875Sean
28-12-2023, 08:57 AM
Obitas distribution was even worse than Miller's last night.

Incorrect, Miller was the worse player on the park by far

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2023, 09:04 AM

Obita guilty of over hitting passes all night the first one you can accept

Tyler Durden
28-12-2023, 09:06 AM

Statistically Obita's passing was worse. 63% completion rate compared to Miller's 67%.

Fish was about as bad but half of his are long balls so it's a bit more understandable. Just crap all round.

keep the faith
28-12-2023, 02:17 PM
Statistically Obita's passing was worse. 63% completion rate compared to Miller's 67%.

Fish was about as bad but half of his are long balls so it's a bit more understandable. Just crap all round.

I thought as much. The amount of possession they were given due to obita giving them the ball back was unreal. I would have had lewie on shortly into the 2nd half

Nicho87
28-12-2023, 02:21 PM
Get megwa back and give him a go as competition with Whittaker

Pretty Boy
28-12-2023, 02:28 PM

He's MOTM for Airdrie just about every week. Either he's playing really well or he just has great chat and the sponsors all want to meet him. I've seen him only once since he went there but he looked a cut above everyone else on the park at that level.

He's pretty versatile too which I would have thought would have been right up Montgomery's street.

Smartie
28-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Miller's a really weird player. On his day he's as good (or effective) in his position as any of our players and he's had a few notably good performances against the best team in our league.

And then there are his other days. Last night he looked at times like he had collected enough crisp packets to get the opportunity to play for Hibs. I've played pub league level with players who would have looked more comfortable than he did out there at times.

I'd have expected this sort of thing from him early on but that's us a good year and a half into his time in Scotland now - it's about time for us to be reasonably expecting a few of those rough edges to be being smoothed off. I'm all for being patient and fair but a professional footballer needs to be doing better than that by now.

hibsbollah
28-12-2023, 02:33 PM

Tbf to Miller I am convinced he wasn't fully fit. He chased a ball to the touchline last night that he simply had to catch and it was like he couldn't run and the ball trickled out so slowly it barely crossed the line. He was slow and cumbersome all night and found himself under pressure and rushing passes constantly because of that.

He also got no help at all from Campbell in the 1st half who must have turned over possession 10+ times and very little defensive support from Youan after the enforced change in the 2nd.

I think thats a good take. He was running stiff, like he had a sore back or hip or something. It would be good to have an excuse for one of the worst displays of retaining possession youre ever going to see from a professional.

Cat Stanton
28-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Cadden will literally walk straight into the team when fit enough, he's not faultless but is levels above Miller.

You're probably right. He literally will.

Real Emerald
28-12-2023, 03:03 PM

I’ve thought Miller was like that from the very first time I saw him. Lethargic, immobile, casual are what comes to my mind. He certainly has had a few really good games that’s got me on board but I’m now back to wanting an upgrade, even Cadden is miles better.

Swedish hibee
28-12-2023, 03:32 PM
He was woeful again last night.
Think he's one of those 10 games a season players.

LewysGot2
28-12-2023, 03:37 PM
Miller is best when he has to spoil and stick to stopping the opposition- games where the pressure on him to be creative or more advanced stuff isn't there. A couple of very good games against Celtc spring to mind.

Ask him to do more and the basics let him down. Like Rocky, a big strong athlete but that only gets you so far. Cadden is less athletic (powerful) but technically and strategically much better.

28-12-2023, 03:38 PM
I like Miller a lot but he couldn’t find a hibs man last night if his life depended on it! Gave the ball back for them a ridiculous amount of times.

HendoDelivered
28-12-2023, 03:50 PM
Dunno what has happened to him the last few games, he’s been brutal. Needs to get his act together fast or he’ll be replaced sooner than he thinks.

When’s Cadds back?

VoltaireHibs
28-12-2023, 03:52 PM

Agreed. I think, and hope, that during the winter break NM will have a bit more time to look at youngsters and see what's on offer. Bring back Megwa etc and see how they fare in first team training. There's a lot to be said for playing a few of the youngsters together, as they know each other and it feels more familiar, with a few old heads around them.

truehibernian
28-12-2023, 03:54 PM
First half he was awful, but I have to be honest I thought he got forward well second half and there was a 15 minute spell where he was linking with Youan, Levitt and Boyle and getting into good box / crossing positions but their attempts to play him in beyond the defender were atrocious.

Golden Bear
28-12-2023, 05:31 PM
First half he was awful, but I have to be honest I thought he got forward well second half and there was a 15 minute spell where he was linking with Youan, Levitt and Boyle and getting into good box / crossing positions but their attempts to play him in beyond the defender were atrocious.

I agree. It's very easy to concentrate on the negatives and conveniently forget to mention the positives.

O'Rourke3
29-12-2023, 12:30 PM

A night for him to forget.He looked like he was towing a truck in the first half. Unfortunately Obita was also playing pretty badly as well. Campbell was trying too hard so fluffed about everything that came towards him. Night summed up by being injured by Levitt.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Iain G
29-12-2023, 12:41 PM
So he is still alive? Just checking 😁

Percy Vere
29-12-2023, 12:50 PM

I agree

Percy Vere
29-12-2023, 12:51 PM
He's MOTM for Airdrie just about every week. Either he's playing really well or he just has great chat and the sponsors all want to meet him. I've seen him only once since he went there but he looked a cut above everyone else on the park at that level.

He's pretty versatile too which I would have thought would have been right up Montgomery's street.

Switch Miller to Airdrie. Give him a run of games there get Megwa back.
Honestly hope Cadden back v soon.

patlowe
30-12-2023, 12:07 AM
He's lost the plot a little bit recently but he's made huge strides in his time with us and relative to the rest of the team has had a very good season. Not my biggest concern by a long shot.

Hibbyradge
30-12-2023, 12:27 AM
RIP Miller

Forza Fred
30-12-2023, 12:43 AM
RIP Miller

:greengrin

Wilson
30-12-2023, 01:23 AM
I agree. It's very easy to concentrate on the negatives and conveniently forget to mention the positives.

Aye. I wonder how many people forgot to compliment the tablecloths whilst the titanic was sinking.

Forza Fred
30-12-2023, 01:26 AM
Aye. I wonder how many people forgot to compliment the tablecloths whilst the titanic was sinking.

It is decreed that the seagulls shall have no need for sandals.

greenlex
30-12-2023, 11:09 AM
I’m not a miller fan. He’s slow and cumbersome. Slow in thought and very rarely does the simple thing.

VoltaireHibs
30-12-2023, 02:50 PM
I like Miller to a degree (you can't say he lacks effort) but he looks more suited to Aussie Rules than football. Everything about him screams Aussie Rules.

greenlex
30-12-2023, 02:52 PM
I think we have the wrong Aussie right back. Ryan Strain is better in every department.

Clarence
30-12-2023, 10:03 PM
I prefer Miller’s Crossing.

Forza Fred
30-12-2023, 10:23 PM
I think we have the wrong Aussie right back. Ryan Strain is better in every department.

Guess that’s a matter of opinion…….a reasonable one I add……..and one that will ultimately be proven right or wrong over the coming seasons.

Strain has always been a bit of a dark horse for me……not a regular starter with Adelaide and took a strange route for most aspiring Aussies….signing for a season to play in Israel, before surprisingly surfacing at St Mirren, where he has done well.

If you had asked me 3 or 4 seasons ago whether he would ever play international football, I would have scoffed!

Next couple of seasons will be interesting for both of them.