PDA

View Full Version : One win this decade against Hearts

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 09:54 PM
Five draws. Seven defeats. 9 goals scored, 21 conceded.

It's pretty depressing.

Trinity Hibee
27-12-2023, 09:55 PM

It's pretty depressing.

Disgraceful record. But it’s been going on for years

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 09:57 PM

It'd be nice if we could turn it around before I die.

Stubbsy90+2
27-12-2023, 09:57 PM
That’s absolutely horrific.

Stanton Spence
27-12-2023, 09:58 PM
I’m 51 and it seems like that has happened every decade since the 80s
I used to think it will even up in my lifetime eventually but that’s not gonna happen unless I live a long long time

Hibernian Verse
That’s absolutely horrific.

Did you go tonight for once?

jamie_1875

Indeed, the story of my life. I was actually thinking when was the last time we comfortably beat Hearts and were 3 goals up with 10 mins to play, would it have been the Millennium Derby when we won 3-0 at Tynecastle? I was at the 4-4 game so I don't even count 2 goals up in injury time as comfortable.

neil7908
27-12-2023, 09:59 PM
I honestly dont get it. This is not a vintage Hearts team. They are decent but as we saw tonight, nothing special.

It genuinely feels like we're cursed or something given how many managers, chairman, backroom staff and players we've gone through over the years, only to see us continue to struggle against them. And the number of goals against the run of play, late winners etc they get is unreal.

We must have pissed off an ancient God somewhere down the line.

Trinity Hibee
27-12-2023, 10:00 PM
Did you go tonight for once?

Sorry but what has that got to do with the thread?

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 10:00 PM
Indeed, the story of my life. I was actually thinking when was the last time we comfortably beat Hearts and were 3 goals up with 10 mins to play, would it have been the Millennium Derby when we won 3-0 at Tynecastle? I was at the 4-4 game so I don't even count 2 goals up in injury time as comfortable.

6-2 and the Millennium derby are the only >2 goal wins in my lifetime. I had no interest in football at the time so missed both.

I honestly don't think I'll ever see us beat them by three or more.

Trinity Hibee
27-12-2023, 10:02 PM

Last time was probably 3-1 under Lennon. Should have been more

Widhibs
Horrendous record ☹️

jamie_1875
6-2 and the Millennium derby are the only >2 goal wins in my lifetime. I had no interest in football at the time so missed both.

I think we beat them 3-1 some years ago when Grant Holt scored but it's very rare for us to win comfortably and I have been going for nearly 40 years!

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 10:04 PM
I think we beat them 3-1 some years ago when Grant Holt scored but it's very rare for us to win comfortably and I have been going for nearly 40 years!

Correct. The seven minutes we were 3-0 up is the one and only time I have seen us ahead by that much against them.

Davy Mac
27-12-2023, 10:07 PM
I just dont get it, put Shankland in the stand first tackle, nah, not the Hibs team.

We've never signed the right players apart from the millenium team, gutless and toothless bunch.

roc1
27-12-2023, 10:07 PM

I’m old enough to remember frequent wins before, and including 0-7 which I attended. Apart from a couple of previous mentioned unforgettable wins , our record is abysmal. I wish I knew what the answer was but I suspect it’s simply that they are always more up for the game than us🙄

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 10:09 PM
I’m old enough to remember frequent wins before, and including 0-7 which I attended. Apart from a couple of previous mentioned unforgettable wins , our record is abysmal. I wish I knew what the answer was but I suspect it’s simply that they are always more up for the game than us🙄

They want it more. That's pretty much it.

VoltaireHibs
27-12-2023, 10:10 PM
I honestly dont get it. This is not a vintage Hearts team. They are decent but as we saw tonight, nothing special.

It genuinely feels like we're cursed or something given how many managers, chairman, backroom staff and players we've gone through over the years, only to see us continue to struggle against them. And the number of goals against the run of play, late winners etc they get is unreal.

I honestly think it just comes down to mentality. They have that record, that instills belief, and we just look flaky. Been that way for pretty much all of my time following Hibs, which is not far off 50 years.

flash
27-12-2023, 10:11 PM

They didn't tonight.

Davy Mac
27-12-2023, 10:15 PM

Thats the thing, they didnt, they have a game winner, we don't.

Silky
27-12-2023, 10:19 PM
I honestly think it just comes down to mentality. They have that record, that instills belief, and we just look flaky. Been that way for pretty much all of my time following Hibs, which is not far off 50 years.

I think mentality does play a part in it. I know a few Hearts fans and the Derby is massive for them. In fact, there are guys who would happily see them go down, as long as they beat us 4 times. That's all they want. 12 points. As long as they beat Hibs, they don't give a ****. Maybe that's the way to go!🤣

7Hero
27-12-2023, 10:19 PM

That's horrific stat. Fortunately I was at both games and you have made me me feel a bit better than I was tonight ..so thanks and I hope you live to see us beat them by such a margin one day.

7Hero
27-12-2023, 10:20 PM
I think mentality does play a part in it. I know a few Hearts fans and the Derby is massive for them. In fact, there are guys who would happily see them go down, as long as they beat us 4 times. That's all they want. 12 points. As long as they beat Hibs, they don't give a ****. Maybe that's the way to go!🤣

What and none of us think like that ?

It's the mentality of the clubs that is the issue not the fans...

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2023, 10:27 PM

Won 3-1 in the Scottish Cup at ER in 2017.

Scotty Leither
27-12-2023, 10:32 PM
Maybe if senior figures at the club could hesitate to label this fixture “just another game”. - manager tonight, club captain last season, they might, just might, give off the impression that we want to win it as much as that mob do.

Perception, and all that…

Real Emerald
27-12-2023, 10:35 PM

The amount of screamers they’ve scored from outside the box is unbelievable.

7Hero
27-12-2023, 10:39 PM
It's 2023, we still have time ..

Another absolute roaster of a post...

JJP
27-12-2023, 10:56 PM
And yet our stadium was almost entirely full tonight. This club does not deserve the support it has these days. I felt totally mugged off leaving the stadium tonight.

Davy Mac
27-12-2023, 11:00 PM
And yet our stadium was almost entirely full tonight. This club does not deserve the support it has these days. I felt totally mugged off leaving the stadium tonight.

How we keep our support is unbelievable really, 20,000+ for consistently failing.

Steve-O
27-12-2023, 11:00 PM

6-2 game was 10 months after that but close enough!

Johnny_Leith
27-12-2023, 11:01 PM
Am I right in thinking we've missed our last 3x pens against them? McNulty, Nisbet and now Boyle?

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-12-2023, 11:02 PM
For whatever reason, the derby seems to mean more to the Hearts players and I have no reason why that is the case. Our record in derbies, which we all know is abysmal. Only the owners, management and players, past and present could tell you why thats the case. There is no logical reason as over the years, I really don't think Hearts have been that much better than Hibs, but they simply win the derbies.

Steve-O
27-12-2023, 11:03 PM

Same I think. And I’m 42 FFS!

Even when we batter them we only win 1-0 or 2-1.

Pagan Hibernia
27-12-2023, 11:06 PM
Surely to christ another club has to put a bid in for shankland soon. I'm sick to the back teeth of that *******

ThisIsTheYear
28-12-2023, 08:24 AM
Sooner Shankland leaves the better

Stokesy's on fire
28-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Sooner Shankland leaves the better

Shanklands doing his best to get to the big **** he will be away in jan

ThisIsTheYear
28-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Shanklands doing his best to get to the big **** he will be away in jan

Even with a decent sized transfer fee they will never be able to replace his goals

Hibby John
28-12-2023, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't mind so much if Hearts were a great team that deserved to win, but they seem to beat us even when they are mediocre.

Fingers crossed that Shankland will be away soon.

Mcbizz1998
28-12-2023, 11:38 AM
But Shankland only scores penalties and is unproven in the prem! 😂

JohnM1875
28-12-2023, 11:42 AM
But Shankland only scores penalties and is unproven in the prem! 😂

Weird thing to gloat about.

A few on here seem to be delighted when Shankland scores goals so they can mention it.

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 11:54 AM

It's pretty depressing.

We are on track to match our dismal 80s record of just 3 wins in a decade. Depressing stuff.

LewysGot2
28-12-2023, 11:57 AM
We are on track to match our dismal 80s record of just 3 wins in a decade. Depressing stuff.

No we're not 😄

There's the best part of 7 years left...

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 11:59 AM
No we're not 😄

There's the best part of 7 years left...

Do the maths buddy.:wink:

LewysGot2
28-12-2023, 12:06 PM
Do the maths

I very deliberately said best part, I didn't say exactly. Perhaps i should have said seasons...

23-24
24-25
25-26
26-27
27-28
28-29
29-30

But if you think we won't win another Derby in those 7 seasons on ye go 👍

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 12:50 PM
I very deliberately said best part, I didn't say exactly. Perhaps i should have said seasons...

23-24
24-25
25-26
26-27
27-28
28-29
29-30

But if you think we won't win another Derby in those 7 seasons on ye go 👍

No I never said that, I'm really hoping you are hungover or something :hilarious

We have won only one derby in the first three years of the decade. Therefore if we continue at that rate we will have won only three by the end of the decade. Which is what we did in the 80s. :aok:

SneakersO'Toole
28-12-2023, 12:55 PM
In the last 20 derbies, 10 hearts wins, Hibs 3, draws 7. Pathetic.

In my forty years supporting Hibs, I have never witnessed us having that superiority.

ehf
28-12-2023, 12:59 PM

They are also incredibly spawny.

OstKurve Hibs
28-12-2023, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't mind so much if Hearts were a great team that deserved to win, but they seem to beat us even when they are mediocre.

Because they don't constantly concede stupid goals, hence keeping themselves in the game to nick a goal and he the 1 nil, 2-1 win or whatever.

Stubbsy90+2
28-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Weird thing to gloat about.

A few on here seem to be delighted when Shankland scores goals so they can mention it.

To be fair, it was quite ridiculous straw clutching when folk used to say it. He’s an excellent striker at our level and has been for ages.

LewysGot2
28-12-2023, 01:28 PM
No I never said that, I'm really hoping you are hungover or something :hilarious

We have won only one derby in the first three years of the decade. Therefore if we continue at that rate we will have won only three by the end of the decade. Which is what we did in the 80s. :aok:

Sorry got the wrong end of not only the stick the entire freaking tree. Nae sleep after last night's keech didn't help.
🤣🙈

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 01:39 PM
Sorry got the wrong end of not only the stick the entire freaking tree. Nae sleep after last night's keech didn't help.
🤣🙈

:hilarious no probs mate. Its been a tiring few days:greengrin

Swedish hibee
28-12-2023, 03:38 PM
In the last 20 derbies, 10 hearts wins, Hibs 3, draws 7. Pathetic.

Horrific.

Diclonius
28-12-2023, 03:48 PM
They are also incredibly spawny.

I'm done with that excuse tbh.

ekhibee
28-12-2023, 06:18 PM
For me the club has been too loyal to some really average players over the years, and I'm not just talking about recently. I'm struggling to think the last time we've had a good quality defence, but that's just my opinion. Manager after manager doesn't address the issue and consistently more money is spent on midfield and forwards IMO. Playing the 'Hibs Way'. Every team can conceed avoidable goals but it wouldn't surprise me if we're near the top of an undesirable list. Just my opinion though.

Skol
28-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Am I right in thinking we've missed our last 3x pens against them? McNulty, Nisbet and now Boyle?

You can add Mixu and Brian Hamilton to that list. Having to think hard to recall a scored penalty

SickBoy32
28-12-2023, 06:56 PM
The jambos must be on massive win bonuses in the derby IMO, the only credible explanation for it to transcend different managers / squads

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 07:02 PM
You can add Mixu and Brian Hamilton to that list. Having to think hard to recall a scored penalty

Liam Craig scored one in 2013. He then missed one in 2014. So think weve missed our last 4 against them. Every miss has cost us hugely as well:boo hoo:

RossScott1991
28-12-2023, 07:02 PM
Complete side note but did anyone else see the exchange between Youan and the fan in the East 2nd half?

Sat right at front, I sit about halfway up but could just see things being exchanged between them. And Youan slipped Boyle down the right who then crossed it for our best chance in 2nd half . Youan immediately turned and started pointing to the fan. Wonder what was said

HendoDelivered
28-12-2023, 07:05 PM
Obviously we will at some point, but it’s hard to see us winning another derby again anytime soon.

Mcbizz1998
28-12-2023, 07:17 PM

Riordan scored one at the PBS - but yeah, it’s pretty grim.

Pagan Hibernia
28-12-2023, 07:36 PM
Obviously we will at some point, but it’s hard to see us winning another derby again anytime soon.

Don't ever take up counselling

LewysGot2
28-12-2023, 07:43 PM
The worst bit is, that Hertz team is industrial shades of meh.

Pagan Hibernia
28-12-2023, 07:45 PM
On the subject of the thread title, obviously it's a massive problem and it has been for as long as I can remember (I was born in 1982).

The Edinburgh derby stats are simply not normal for a derby between two roughly equally sized clubs in the same city. And we all know its not just this decade either. Its replicated over and over again. We can call them lucky, or jammy or spawny or whatever, but this is clearly about something more than just luck. Nor are Hearts some great powerhouse of a football club... they've won 3 trophies in 60 years ffs! That's one fewer than us in that time.

I don't know what the solution is, and there's absolutely hee-haw us as supporters can do about it, except vent like we are doing on this thread. Only the board, manager and players can fix this.

28-12-2023, 07:48 PM

Correct.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2023, 07:49 PM

Riordan at Tynecastle is all I can remember.

LewysGot2
28-12-2023, 07:50 PM
On the subject of the thread title, obviously it's a massive problem and it has been for as long as I can remember (I was born in 1982).

The Edinburgh derby stats are simply not normal for a derby between two roughly equally sized clubs in the same city. And we all know its not just this decade either. Its replicated over and over again. We can call them lucky, or jammy or spawny or whatever, but this is clearly about something more than just luck. Nor are Hearts some great powerhouse of a football club... they've won 3 trophies in 60 years ffs! That's one fewer than us in that time.

I don't know what the solution is, and there's absolutely hee-haw us as supporters can do about it, except vent like we are doing on this thread. Only the board, manager and players can fix this.

One thing skewing the stats is pre SPL and post SPL periods of dominance. Our record pre the 80s was very good for stretches but at a time you only played twice a season. If TTs had played them 4 x a year the stats would've been less in their favour. It wouldn't completely change things but you can bet the Tornadoes, for example, would've clocked up a fair few more wins than the league at that time permitted

Glory Lurker
28-12-2023, 08:22 PM

Think Kamberi scored at PBS at end of 17/18.

Trinity Hibee
28-12-2023, 08:31 PM
Think Kamberi scored at PBS at end of 17/18.

Did Liam miller not score a pen V them?

Tommy75
28-12-2023, 08:58 PM

That's the spirit!