PDA

View Full Version : Leaving ER after Cat A games

Trinity Hibee
27-12-2023, 09:44 PM
When it is a cat A game and thousands of fans are funnelled down st clair why is Easter rd not closed off to traffic? You have thousands of fans spilling out on to a street that has cars and buses going Up and down. Always a game of chicken trying to get across the road

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2023, 03:06 PM
When it is a cat A game and thousands of fans are funnelled down st clair why is Easter rd not closed off to traffic? You have thousands of fans spilling out on to a street that has cars and buses going Up and down. Always a game of chicken trying to get across the road

**** that, it’s hard enough trying to get away after the game in the car as it is without closing a major route to buses and cars.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2023, 03:10 PM
I normally park at Lochend so don't see ER, Leith Walk etc after games. I'm actually amazed how quickly the traffic clears tbh.

I came out last night and walked down St Clair Street. ER was nose to tail, walked along to Leith Walk and that was the same. I had one pint in the Central then came out for the bus just under half an hour later and the streets were pretty dead.

Since90+2
28-12-2023, 03:13 PM

Would be impossible to close a road the size of Easter Road. The traffic it would push into adjacent streets would be horrendous.

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 03:27 PM
There is always some belter or another who has parked in St Clair St that tries to drive their car away through the thousands of people - absolute nutjobs:hilarious

Hermit Crab
28-12-2023, 03:36 PM
There is always some belter or another who has parked in St Clair St that tries to drive their car away through the thousands of people - absolute nutjobs:hilarious

Thats where the disabled parking is.

ruthven_raiders
28-12-2023, 03:39 PM

Yup or taxi drivers being smart ***** and driving too fast nearly knocking down people

supershotmo
28-12-2023, 03:40 PM
I stay other side of town (Jambo Territory) and park at Jane Street. Was home in no time.

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Thats where the disabled parking is.

Only the top of the street. There are cars way down the bottom that try to do it. I parked there when my Dad had a disabled badge and we took him to games, doesn't mean I can just force my way through thousands of people though.

Cardinal G
28-12-2023, 03:42 PM
Did anyone witness the trouble at West stand gate after final whistle between away fans and police, very nearly blew up big style, batons were drawn and used quite a bit until reinforcements came, also had them climbing onto wall to try to provoke, no stewards in sight to deal with that with also a few incoming missiles from them.

superfurryhibby
28-12-2023, 03:47 PM
Did anyone witness the trouble at West stand gate after final whistle between away fans and police, very nearly blew up big style, batons were drawn and used quite a bit until reinforcements came, also had them climbing onto wall to try to provoke, no stewards in sight to deal with that with also a few incoming missiles from them.

I saw footage of Hearts fans passing the West and it getting pretty lairy and there wasn't a cop in sight. Pretty poor effort from them at that point. They must have made an appearance soon after.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2023, 04:06 PM
Only the top of the street. There are cars way down the bottom that try to do it. I parked there when my Dad had a disabled badge and we took him to games, doesn't mean I can just force my way through thousands of people though.

I never said that, you'll always get one or two trying it though.

marinello59
28-12-2023, 04:07 PM

I don’t get why they do that. Sit until the crowds have gone rather than risking running someone down.

Trinity Hibee
28-12-2023, 04:16 PM
**** that, it’s hard enough trying to get away after the game in the car as it is without closing a major route to buses and cars.

They manage to do it on corstorphine road for games at murrayfield.

Simple solution anyway would be to have the away fans kept behind after games allowing the home fans to go home their normal routes. We seem to be the only team that don’t keep away fans back after games

Helensburghhibs
28-12-2023, 04:42 PM
It's also time the police stop them leaving thee south stand and heading down butterfly way or over to Meadowbank. If we are inconveniencing our fans to get them safely up Easter road then make sure they all go that way

LaMotta
28-12-2023, 04:53 PM
I never said that, you'll always get one or two trying it though.

Well not really sure how disabled badge holders parking on that street was of any relevance to the conversation?

Since90+2
28-12-2023, 05:02 PM

Simple solution anyway would be to have the away fans kept behind after games allowing the home fans to go home their normal routes. We seem to be the only team that don’t keep away fans back after games

That's not true.

We don't get kept back at Tynecastle either.

overdrive
28-12-2023, 05:04 PM

Shsssht. Don’t give Scott Arthur and the rest of the council any ideas.

SteveHFC
28-12-2023, 05:13 PM
Shsssht. Don’t give Scott Arthur and the rest of the council any ideas.

Scott will ban cars parking around the stadium on matchdays. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
28-12-2023, 05:19 PM
That's not true.

We don't get kept back at Tynecastle either.

Or Parkhead

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2023, 06:28 PM

Not the full length of it they don’t!

The whole of Corstorphine Road has never been closed for a game at Murrayfield.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2023, 06:44 PM
Scott will ban cars parking around the stadium on matchdays. :greengrinTo be fair Hibs are doing there bit too, keep the current run of form going and there'll be room in the surrounding area for valet parking, car wash businesses and some street markets as well[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

LewysGot2
28-12-2023, 07:46 PM
It's also time the police stop them leaving thee south stand and heading down butterfly way or over to Meadowbank. If we are inconveniencing our fans to get them safely up Easter road then make sure they all go that way

A few emerged from the Butterfly into the Hibs support heading to Restalrig. Clearly nobody stopping them going that way?

Frazerbob
28-12-2023, 08:42 PM
This has been coming up since at least the 80's. There's no way they can let the 16000 home fans out and up Easter Road whilst holding back the away fans. Can you imagine the carnage if thousands of Hibs fans were hanging around the top of Easter Road and the likes of the Mash Tun and Middletons were rammed with Hibbies then 4000 gloating Jambos walk up the road. Never going to happen, you'd think folk would be used to it after what, 50 years?

Glory Lurker
28-12-2023, 09:32 PM
This has been coming up since at least the 80's. There's no way they can let the 16000 home fans out and up Easter Road whilst holding back the away fans. Can you imagine the carnage if thousands of Hibs fans were hanging around the top of Easter Road and the likes of the Mash Tun and Middletons were rammed with Hibbies then 4000 gloating Jambos walk up the road. Never going to happen, you'd think folk would be used to it after what, 50 years?

I can think of it happening once, when Rangers FC RIP won the league at ER on Helicopter Sunday, although they hadn't been kept in purposefully. There was no danger of it kicking off that day but the polis still took no chances and stood at the pub door when they went back up the road to make sure nobody got out.

Fro62_in_Leith
29-12-2023, 03:13 PM

Just seen the video on Facebook. Unbelievable stuff. Compare that to earlier in the season when Police Scotland's entire riot squad turned up to separate us from a couple of hundred Lucerne fans.

Helensburghhibs
29-12-2023, 09:21 PM
A few emerged from the Butterfly into the Hibs support heading to Restalrig. Clearly nobody stopping them going that way?

Nah there's no restrictions. In the same way if you wanted, hibs fans can circumvent the barriers by walking that way and round the back of the south

seanshow
30-12-2023, 07:14 AM
They should put the police barrier just before the main stand corner with the south( between the main stand and the flats opposite), force the yams and weegies to go through meadowbank retail park and up the A1, then a police presence at the v junction of A1/ London rd, with the only option up the hill to the buses at regent road..or further onwards for the yams.
Job done.

Victor
30-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Not the full length of it they don’t!

The whole of Corstorphine Road has never been closed for a game at Murrayfield.

Yes. But they close it further along, which means no buses run into or out of town. If you are heading east or south the only option is to walk to Haymarket, or onto Gorgie Road.