PDA

View Full Version : Question Why?

Alan62
27-12-2023, 09:36 PM
Why have we turned our £700,000 striker into a fairly average midfielder?

Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
27-12-2023, 09:36 PM
Where?

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 09:37 PM
Why?

Wilson
27-12-2023, 09:38 PM
When?

Northernhibee
27-12-2023, 09:39 PM
When?

Who?

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Why tho

Hibs90
Why have we turned our £700,000 striker into a fairly average midfielder?

Discuss.

Couldn't believe how deep he is.

Joe6-2
Decent enough question

Iain G
27-12-2023, 09:59 PM
What!

Alan62
27-12-2023, 10:44 PM
Amusing responses but it’s true. We signed a guy who can finish then moved him into the role of chasing folks around in the middle of the park. To be fair to Vente, he is committed to the cause but I want to see him putting the ball in the net and we need to allow him to be in and around the box for that to happen.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-12-2023, 10:55 PM
We play 4-4-2. Yet one of the 2 isn't our 700k forward. Bizarre.

Glory Lurker
27-12-2023, 10:55 PM
Us playing him the way we are is worth three points to every other team in the league. He's on a different level and we should be building the team around him. God knows what we are playing at.

Alan62
27-12-2023, 11:00 PM
My point exactly. It doesn’t make sense. We have a high quality player who can score goals and we have reduced him to a role of closing down the opposition. It’s just stupid.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2023, 11:03 PM
Amusing responses but it’s true. We signed a guy who can finish then moved him into the role of chasing folks around in the middle of the park. To be fair to Vente, he is committed to the cause but I want to see him putting the ball in the net and we need to allow him to be in and around the box for that to happen.

I’d be expecting our £700k striker to score with one of the two very decent chances he had tonight, both inside the box. Made a mess of the one that led to the penalty and Clark would have saved it anyway.

Glory Lurker
27-12-2023, 11:42 PM
I’d be expecting our £700k striker to score with one of the two very decent chances he had tonight, both inside the box. Made a mess of the one that led to the penalty and Clark would have saved it anyway.

How many shots has he been set up with on the last, say, six games? He's missed two tonight but that doesn't justify how we've been playing him. And I'm not agreeing he should have scored those two, either. Only had the one take at the game itself and didn't see it that way.

Stokesy's on fire
28-12-2023, 02:01 AM
The issue with this is the managers bizzare tactics

WeeRussell
28-12-2023, 04:17 AM
Hindsight and all that but I thought he would/should be on penalties…

B.H.F.C
28-12-2023, 06:00 AM
How many shots has he been set up with on the last, say, six games? He's missed two tonight but that doesn't justify how we've been playing him. And I'm not agreeing he should have scored those two, either. Only had the one take at the game itself and didn't see it that way.

He should have scored the one that led to the penalty, you’re not getting a better chance than that 8 yards out. The one in the second half was tougher but it was a tame finish. In a game as tight as that it was a chance.

It’s obvious we’re not getting the best out of him or creating nearly enough, in general. But it would be nice to see a striker create something for themselves every now and again, like Shankland did last night. I remember when Vente had scored 5 from his only 5 shots in his first dozen games or whatever it was and there were a couple of posters getting pelters for suggesting it was a concern that he didn’t shoot or wasn’t involved enough. That’s been the case with him right from the start, not just since Monty came in IMO.

Just_Jimmy
28-12-2023, 06:20 AM
He should have scored the one that led to the penalty, you’re not getting a better chance than that 8 yards out. The one in the second half was tougher but it was a tame finish. In a game as tight as that it was a chance.

It’s obvious we’re not getting the best out of him or creating nearly enough, in general. But it would be nice to see a striker create something for themselves every now and again, like Shankland did last night. I remember when Vente had scored 5 from his only 5 shots in his first dozen games or whatever it was and there were a couple of posters getting pelters for suggesting it was a concern that he didn’t shoot or wasn’t involved enough. That’s been the case with him right from the start, not just since Monty came in IMO.Made a mess? He gets it on target and the hearts boy saves it with his arm. Penalty is awarded.

We've got a top quality striker and we're mismanaged him badly in games.

Hibs are pish.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
28-12-2023, 06:25 AM
Made a mess? He gets it on target and the hearts boy saves it with his arm. Penalty is awarded.

We've got a top quality striker and we're mismanaged him badly in games.

Hibs are pish.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Yeah, made a mess of it. If Rowles doesn’t save it, Clark does. Had the whole goal to aim at and he just hit it straight when he could/should have been finding a corner IMO.

There is definitely a player in there but he needs to show more to be considered top quality. That is, at least in part, on him as well.

JimBHibees
28-12-2023, 07:51 AM

He had two very decent chances last night and scored neither appreciating the first one Hearts are allowed to have two keepers in goal.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2023, 07:57 AM
The issue with this is the managers bizzare tacticsYep, exactly this, but I'm sure he will do better at centre half next game.

We had too many others up front running about to no great effect when we could have tried getting better supply to our goal threat and youan, entertaining though it was seemed more concerned with creating more YouTube moments.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

ozhibs
28-12-2023, 09:37 AM
I read in one of his interviews that he prefered to place them, where i think it would be nice if he would put the laces through tha ball sometimes,
GGTTH

LongJohnBanger
28-12-2023, 12:19 PM
Couldn't believe how deep he is.

That's what she said