PDA

View Full Version : *** Hibs v Hearts - Official Match Thread ***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

6-2MAGIC
24-12-2023, 01:05 PM
Apologies if there is already a thread been made for the game on Wednesday.

Massive game on Wednesday. Hearts are in very decent form with 5 wins from their last 7 games. Shankland seems to be in top form. Imo if you stop Shankland then Hearts aren’t a real threat.

As for us, I think we need a bit of a rocket up our a**, no shots on target against St Johnstone in the last game and just looking a bit flat recently with no plan b.

2-1 Hibs for me, I think the players will be right up for it based of our last performance and the fact is a derby at home with Easter Road absolutely bouncing!

Bridge hibs
24-12-2023, 01:20 PM
Its only Sunday ffs 🤣

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2023, 01:49 PM
yikes

and it's official as well :)

Greenio
24-12-2023, 01:58 PM
This is a massive game. No donuts about it

Billy Whizz
24-12-2023, 02:10 PM
Officially our derby record of late isn’t at all good, about time we put that right
In 12 games since 2020, we’ve won only once, in April last season. 5 Draws and 6 defeats
Should be putting this on the dressing room wall!

Cat Stanton
24-12-2023, 02:11 PM
Apologies if there is already a thread been made for the game on Wednesday.

Massive game on Wednesday. Hearts are in very decent form with 5 wins from their last 7 games. Shankland seems to be in top form. Imo if you stop Shankland then Hearts aren’t a real threat.

As for us, I think we need a bit of a rocket up our a**, no shots on target against St Johnstone in the last game and just looking a bit flat recently with no plan b.

2-1 Hibs for me, I think the players will be right up for it based of our last performance and the fact is a derby at home with Easter Road absolutely bouncing!

Thanks. See you Wednesday...

WeeRussell
24-12-2023, 03:08 PM
A full 3 days before kick-off…. Nae danger this isn’t getting trolled, turned sour, and closed before a ball is kicked.

I admire the OP’s enthusiasm though 👍 hopefully the players are looking forward to it as much.

GreenCastle
24-12-2023, 03:29 PM
Officially our derby record of late isn’t at all good, about time we put that right
In 12 games since 2020, we’ve won only once, in April last season. 5 Draws and 6 defeats

Unbeaten in last 3 against them?

We were crap for 60 mins against them last game till Naebadges took off Lowry.

Glory Lurker
24-12-2023, 03:56 PM
Boooooooooooooo!

HendoDelivered
24-12-2023, 04:00 PM
If anyone is selling a ticket for this, preferably two (long shot, I know) please would you kindly pm me. Thanks guys 😊

Off the bar
24-12-2023, 09:40 PM
**** the hearts

Squealing pig
24-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Any team news lol

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2023, 10:18 PM
penalty ranjurs

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2023, 11:13 PM
Referee Brother Beaton

VAR Andrew Dallas

Unseen work
25-12-2023, 02:25 AM

That stat is embarrassing.

California-Hibs
25-12-2023, 04:41 AM
F*** the Heartz. Look how they thought they were going to roll us over at Tynecaste and how that turned out, Youan certainly had other ideas!

Youan, Boyle, Vente, Tavares, Newell

All those players can hurt those p***ks.

Keep Shankland quiet and the games ours. Far too many draws for my liking against them at Easter Road for many years now but hopefully this time we actually capitalize on our fast start. We always get at them hell for leather in the first 25 minutes at Easter Road and often they've by the skin of their teeth and with some luck, managed to avoid conceding.

Early goal and we'll win this one!

F*** the Hearts.

hibee-boys
25-12-2023, 07:35 AM
8pm kick off……at least I’ll not remember getting beat if that’s the way it turns out. I’ll watch it again the next day if we win☺️

HibbyAndy
25-12-2023, 08:15 AM
How come their is a full spl card on the 30th apart from hibs :confused:

matty_f
25-12-2023, 08:22 AM

Think we might have been due to play St Johnstone but brought it forward to last weekend to fill the gap from the cup final.

Blaster
25-12-2023, 08:22 AM

We were due to play St Johnstone but it got brought forward to last weekend

Springbank
26-12-2023, 10:26 AM
My advice to NM would be wait til at least the 20th minute before trying the short goal kicks

This is the kind of game where you just don't want to give the opponent momentum with daft (soft) chances.

Steady for the opening 20 please, then play after that

Diclonius
26-12-2023, 11:04 AM
Have we scored yet

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 11:07 AM
My advice to NM would be wait til at least the 20th minute before trying the short goal kicks

This is the kind of game where you just don't want to give the opponent momentum with daft (soft) chances.

Steady for the opening 20 please, then play after that

The short goal kicks are gonna happen. We just need to stop pissing about as much once we’ve actually played the first pass. It can’t be Marshall, centre half, Marshall again, other centre half, then back to where it started. Need to play forward quicker.

We need to make them defend, get forward and get the crowd up. If we’re as slow as we have been in recent weeks none of that will happen and we’ll just encourage them. Can’t happen.

Tambo
26-12-2023, 11:57 AM
I wonder if Rocky will return, Levitt or Jeggo?

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Jair

Youan
Vente

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 11:59 AM
I wonder if Rocky will return, Levitt or Jeggo?

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Jair

Youan
Vente

Rocky will start IMO. I also think there is a good chance Campbell will come in.

21sMay
26-12-2023, 12:30 PM
Really hope we don't start youan,Boyle and taveres . One has to drop out for me, also gives us the option of bringing someone off the bench who can change the game for us if it isn't going to plan

Gmack7
26-12-2023, 12:33 PM
Really hope we don't start youan,Boyle and taveres . One has to drop out for me, also gives us the option of bringing someone off the bench who can change the game for us if it isn't going to plan

Boyle and Youan for me with Campbell in for Jair

Cod Boy
26-12-2023, 12:49 PM
Need to change the personal tomorrow the last outing at Perth was garbage the manager needs to change shape to suit each game as we are getting found out with the stubborn stance of playing the same way every week.

happiehibbie
26-12-2023, 01:23 PM
The short goal kicks are gonna happen. We just need to stop pissing about as much once we’ve actually played the first pass. It can’t be Marshall, centre half, Marshall again, other centre half, then back to where it started. Need to play forward quicker.

We need to make them defend, get forward and get the crowd up. If we’re as slow as we have been in recent weeks none of that will happen and we’ll just encourage them. Can’t happen.

Trust the Manager as short bye kicks are the Future !!:)

andrew70
26-12-2023, 01:27 PM
Marshall
Miller Fish Rocky Obita
Boyle Levitt Newell Tavares
Campbell
Vente

nickwhibs
26-12-2023, 01:33 PM
Marshall
Miller Fish Rocky Obita
Boyle Levitt Newell Tavares
Campbell
Vente

Agree with that. Potentially Youan in for Jair as he seems to do well against them but he’s a great option off the bench if not

Since452
26-12-2023, 01:38 PM
Hibs playing abysmal football and Hearts in good form. Hibs win written all over it.

HendoDelivered
26-12-2023, 01:50 PM
Hibs playing abysmal football and Hearts in good form. Hibs win written all over it.

Abysmal a tad exaggerated, no?

Nicho87
26-12-2023, 01:53 PM
Marshall
Miller
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Boyle
Levitt
Newell
Tavares

Vente
Youan

Fergus52
26-12-2023, 01:54 PM

When we go back and forth like that it's a deliberate ploy to try and draw the opposition into a press and open up space to play into.

I'd much rather see us try that than punt it up, watch vente or Boyle get beat in the air and then lose possession.

There's the odd occasion where a fullback or midfielder has found a bit of space and we don't pick them out fast enough.

But in general I don't understand the moaning I hear at games when we're doing this - the reason behind it is obvious and there's times it's worked well

greenlex
26-12-2023, 02:07 PM
When we go back and forth like that it's a deliberate ploy to try and draw the opposition into a press and open up space to play into.

I'd much rather see us try that than punt it up, watch vente or Boyle get beat in the air and then lose possession.

There's the odd occasion where a fullback or midfielder has found a bit of space and we don't pick them out fast enough.

But in general I don't understand the moaning I hear at games when we're doing this - the reason behind it is obvious and there's times it's worked well

Me too. My only criticism is the tempo and pace we do it at. It needs to be much much slicker.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 02:40 PM

Aye it’s a deliberate ploy but we’ve been struggling to do it of late.

Getting the ball forward quickly isn’t the same as playing an aimless long ball. I’m a big supporter of Montgomery but we need to show more intent than we have in recent games tomorrow night.

Northernhibee
26-12-2023, 02:58 PM

Just completely false.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-12-2023, 03:19 PM
Just completely false.

The performance in Perth was certainly abysmal.

wookie70
26-12-2023, 03:24 PM
Me too. My only criticism is the tempo and pace we do it at. It needs to be much much slicker. won't happen with the current players so it is basically knock it about for a pointless 60 seconds with supporters hearts in mouths and then launch it rather than launching it with a plan and runners off someone like Doidge. It can work like Jair's excellent goal at Dundee but we look far more dangerous when we play quickly and we don't do that very often from the back. I think we should be mixing it up far more as teams are on to us and the tactic appears to cause us more bother than who we are playing.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2023, 04:39 PM
Nae badges hasn’t won against Hibs as a manager, and that was 3 games we were under Johnson

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 04:49 PM
Nae badges hasn’t won against Hibs as a manager, and that was 3 games we were under Johnson

One was under Montgomery.

Since452
26-12-2023, 04:55 PM
The performance in Perth was certainly abysmal.

As was Livingston the week before

Billy Whizz
26-12-2023, 04:57 PM
One was under Montgomery.

So it was

bingo70
26-12-2023, 05:19 PM

Yet when we were playing well but not winning, all you cared about was results.

Recent weeks have been a bit conflicting for me, I thought we were a really good side and close to really clicking and thumping someone when we were drawing regularly. When we started winning games I thought we were riding our luck and weren’t playing as well as we were when we were drawing. I think we’ve lost a bit spark recently and I suspect we will need a new recruit or two to really get things going again.

Regarding the team for tomorrow, I suspect Levitt will be one of the first names on the team sheet. NM can’t ask for the players to be brave and risk making mistakes for the greater good, and then drop someone because of a mistake whilst trying to do the right thing.

I don’t know how the game will go tomorrow, imo it’s a real 50/50 game.

JimBHibees
26-12-2023, 05:32 PM

Except of course we aren't. Ffs

Pagan Hibernia
26-12-2023, 05:35 PM

You call it abysmal, I call it a ballsy hard fought win in difficult conditions.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2023, 05:44 PM

Is it?

Our football is honkin. Slow, one paced, create nothing, ship shed loads of chances and if it wasn’t for David Marshall in recent matches, we’d be in real bother.

JimBHibees
26-12-2023, 05:50 PM
Is it?

Our football is honkin. Slow, one paced, create nothing, ship shed loads of chances and if it wasn’t for David Marshall in recent matches, we’d be in real bother.

We haven't played well recently but have played well in many games since Montgomery came in.

Pagan Hibernia
26-12-2023, 05:51 PM
Is it?

Winning when not playing well balances out the games under montgomery when we deserved to win and didnt

bingo70
26-12-2023, 05:54 PM
Is it?

I never saw the game last weekend but it certainly sounds like that was the cast against St Johnstone.

The game against Livi the weekend before surely everyone can forgive the performance given the conditions and pitch?!

Prior to that we’ve been creating chances, even if we’ve not been playing particularly fast, free flowing football.

I don’t know how the game will go tomorrow but I’m confident we will create chances.

Greenbeard
26-12-2023, 06:13 PM
WAs just about to type the exact same. Two of these three to start with someone else in the midfield to lend Newell a hand, then one of the three subbed for the third of the three for the last third.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2023, 06:36 PM
We haven't played well recently but have played well in many games since Montgomery came in.

Who have we played well against?

Heisenberg
26-12-2023, 06:42 PM
Yet when we were playing well but not winning, all you cared about was results.

It’s almost like the poster in question has completely made their mind up on the current manager and nothing is going to change that. Shame really.

Since452
26-12-2023, 06:42 PM

I was wondering the same. Aberdeen in the semi? Well is maybe stretching it. Another very poor game.

Pagan Hibernia
26-12-2023, 06:43 PM

Aberdeen at hampden, St Mirren away, Dundee away

JimBHibees
26-12-2023, 06:48 PM

Aberdeen rwice. Kilmarnock twice. Dundee twice amongst others.

JimBHibees
26-12-2023, 06:50 PM
I was wondering the same. Aberdeen in the semi? Well is maybe stretching it. Another very poor game.

Aberdeen in the semi was a very poor performance wow.

Heisenberg
26-12-2023, 06:51 PM
St J at home, St Mirren league cup, Dundee at home, Killie at home, Dundee away.

Played well in all of those I’d say off the top of my head. Got results in a few others where we weren’t brilliant but still got the points.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 07:05 PM

Kevin Nisbet, who you detested, left so you found someone else (Montgomery) to have a pop at.

We’re not always great, sometimes far worse, been good plenty times though.

You probably weren’t there……

Bishop Hibee
26-12-2023, 07:07 PM
Just win.

greenlex
26-12-2023, 07:26 PM

No it wasn’t.,

greenlex
26-12-2023, 07:28 PM

I ****ing despair at times I really do.

J-C
26-12-2023, 07:45 PM
No it wasn’t.,

Best to ignore him, he has an agenda, been very negative since Monty was given the job.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2023, 08:15 PM
Kevin Nisbet, who you detested, left so you found someone else (Montgomery) to have a pop at.

We’re not always great, sometimes far worse, been good plenty times though.

You probably weren’t there……

I was judging Nisbet on his performance.

Never doubted he had ability. He wasn’t showing it. A decent first 4 months, then was absolutely appalling up until his injury, then outstanding for the last 4 months of his time here.

Monty I’m judging on performance as well. Our football is pedestrian, we create very little and ship a shed load of chances.

Our very expensive attackers have been a shadow of themselves under him and are playing far too deep to be effective.

We’re 17 games in, and this nonsense 442 we’re playing is clearly not working and there is absolutely zero signs that it’s improving, or of him changing it.

Maloney got 19 games playing monotonous, one paced football. Add to that, the Gordon’s spent £1.25m on Vente and Youan and the numbers they’re producing right now are only devaluing their investment. That money was spent with the aim of getting us Europe. Lose tomorrow and that’s looking extremely unlikely and going by how the board have dealt with underperforming managers previously, I’d suggest his coat will be on an extremely shoogly peg.

Since452
26-12-2023, 08:20 PM

Who said that? I said it was a poor game not a poor performance. The semi was by far Montgomerys best game so far. Still wasn't great though was it?

greenlex
26-12-2023, 08:20 PM

Never doubted he had ability. He wasn’t showing it. A decent first 4 months, then was absolutely appalling up until his injury, then outstanding for the last 4 months of his time here.

Monty I’m judging on performance as well. Our football is pedestrian, we create very little and ship a shed load of chances.

Our very expensive attackers have been a shadow of themselves under him and are playing far too deep to be effective.

We’re 17 games in, and this nonsense 442 we’re playing is clearly not working and there is absolutely zero signs that it’s improving, or of him changing it.

Maloney got 19 games playing monotonous, one paced football. Add to that, the Gordon’s spent £1.25m on Vente and Youan and the numbers they’re producing right now are only devaluing their investment. That money was spent with the aim of getting us Europe. Lose tomorrow and that’s looking extremely unlikely and going by how the board have dealt with underperforming managers previously, I’d suggest his coat will be on an extremely shoogly peg.

It’s clearly not working so much that had that abomination of a performance last time out been a win it would have had us sitting third. To say not winning a derby would have him out us utter nonsense and wishful thinking. ***** last time out but only the old firm have beat us other than that since he came in. You are insane. He hasn’t even had a window FFS.

Since452
26-12-2023, 08:23 PM
No it wasn’t.,

It was. It was dire.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-12-2023, 08:25 PM
It’s clearly not working so much that had that abomination of a performance last time out been a win it would have had us sitting third. To say not winning a derby would have him out us utter nonsense and wishful thinking. ***** last time out but only the old firm have beat us other than that since he came in. You are insane. He hasn’t even had a window FFS.

I'm not in any rush to see him emptied, wouldn't mind seeing a Plan B though.

greenlex
26-12-2023, 08:25 PM
It was. It was dire.

Rubbish. A great hard fought win on a ***** surface on a ***** day at a place where we are perennially beaten. Dire my arse..

Pagan Hibernia
26-12-2023, 08:26 PM

What's Maloney got to do with anything? Your right about his unattractive, slow football but he wasn't sacked for that. He was sacked because he'd won 1 game out of 13 in the league leading up to it

greenlex
26-12-2023, 08:28 PM
Who said that? I said it was a poor game not a poor performance. The semi was by far Montgomerys best game so far. Still wasn't great though was it?

If we had won that one by two or three goals it wouldn’t have been an injustice.

Since452
26-12-2023, 08:32 PM
If we had won that one by two or three goals it wouldn’t have been an injustice.

I agree

Up-the-slope
26-12-2023, 08:58 PM
A full 3 days before kick-off…. Nae danger this isn’t getting trolled, turned sour, and closed before a ball is kicked.

I admire the OP’s enthusiasm though 👍 hopefully the players are looking forward to it as much.
Well while you didn't need a crystal ball to get this correct you were of course correct..

Northernhibee
26-12-2023, 08:59 PM

Absolutely incredible that anyone is suggesting that the manager is one result away from shoogly peg time. Beyond parody.

jacomo
26-12-2023, 09:08 PM
What's Maloney got to do with anything? Your right about his unattractive, slow football but he wasn't sacked for that. He was sacked because he'd won 1 game out of 13 in the league leading up to it

Also because there seemed to be no plan and no sign that a plan was coming. Both Maloney and LJ claim to be coaches but don’t seem able to organise a team.

Monty has a plan. People may have issues with it but they know what it is. The people who hired him know what it is. The unanswered question: will it work?

Diclonius
26-12-2023, 09:20 PM
Our derby results in the ten most recent games where we lost our last league game and they won theirs are: 0-3, 1-2, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-2, 1-1, 1-1, 2-2, 0-4.

Draw probably a good shout.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2023, 09:23 PM

The Maloney reference is relevant here as it demonstrates our boards behaviour in these situations.
He’d won 6 of his 19 in charge.
His football was dull with no sign of improving
He refused to change a failing formation.

The only difference here is that Monty has been in charge 2 games less but has the same amount of wins.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2023, 09:25 PM
Absolutely incredible that anyone is suggesting that the manager is one result away from shoogly peg time. Beyond parody.

Really? If we put in the same level of performance as we have in the last few games against Hearts and lose you think his position is solid?

Northernhibee
26-12-2023, 09:27 PM
Really? If we put in the same level of performance as we have in the last few games against Hearts and lose you think his position is solid?

St Johnstone aside if we put in the performances of recent weeks where we picked up a few wins, you’ll likely be strangely quiet on here again .

Pagan Hibernia
26-12-2023, 09:36 PM

Pagan Hibernia
26-12-2023, 09:37 PM
The Maloney reference is relevant here as it demonstrates our boards behaviour in these situations.

The only difference here is that Monty has been in charge 2 games less but has the same amount of wins.

Maybe but monty has won 4 out of 6. Very different to 1 out of 13

bingo70
26-12-2023, 09:38 PM

Is the last sentence really the only difference?

What about the points we’ve picked up by drawing games we probably would have lost before?

Did Maloney not have a transfer window?

Heisenberg
26-12-2023, 09:39 PM

With the board? Yes of course. Lee Johnson survived two absolute pumpings from Hearts before being given the January window to change his squad. They persisted with him in the face of some quite heavy pressure from the fans.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 09:39 PM

Where has the nonsense 442 for us now in comparison to when he took over?

He's here!
26-12-2023, 09:40 PM
Our derby results in the ten most recent games where we lost our last league game and they won theirs are: 0-3, 1-2, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-2, 1-1, 1-1, 2-2, 0-4.

Draw probably a good shout.

I'd take a draw right now. I think most of us would if we're being honest.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 09:42 PM

He’s lost 3 out of 14 in the league, 2 of them in Glasgow. No that bad really.

Northernhibee
26-12-2023, 09:43 PM
This is absolutely ****ing baffling that this is even a debate. Start of the season under LJ, zero points out of nine, a defence that leaked a goal every time you put a cross in at the back post, and an unbalanced squad. All three goalies chucking them in left right and centre.

With the same squad we’ve been picking up points, become more solid at the back, brought through the likes of Jair and Whittaker, improved Marshall, Fish, and Rocky, risen up the table but because the usual suspects don’t have the patience to let our style of play develop we must be “eye bleeding” and a solitary loss is grounds for the managers jacket to be on a shoogly peg.

How about we just do “winner stays on” as the manager and sack anyone who loses a game, maybe that will keep people happy

B.H.F.C
26-12-2023, 09:43 PM

That’s quite positive for you to be fair.

JimBHibees
26-12-2023, 09:46 PM

Nah we will win

Winston Ingram
26-12-2023, 09:47 PM
Maybe but monty has won 4 out of 6. Very different to 1 out of 13

But it wasn’t 1 in 13. He’d had won 2 very difficult away games in the cup in that time. He had won 3 of his final 10 games.

Monty has won 4 of the last 13.

Crunchie
26-12-2023, 09:47 PM
No chance, we're at home and we can beat anyone on our day, bring it on.

Tricla
26-12-2023, 09:53 PM

He's no even had a window ya radge

Tricla
26-12-2023, 09:55 PM
This is absolutely ****ing baffling that this is even a debate. Start of the season under LJ, zero points out of nine, a defence that leaked a goal every time you put a cross in at the back post, and an unbalanced squad. All three goalies chucking them in left right and centre.

With the same squad we’ve been picking up points, become more solid at the back, brought through the likes of Jair and Whittaker, improved Marshall, Fish, and Rocky, risen up the table but because the usual suspects don’t have the patience to let our style of play develop we must be “eye bleeding” and a solitary loss is grounds for the managers jacket to be on a shoogly peg.

How about we just do “winner stays on” as the manager and sack anyone who loses a game, maybe that will keep people happy

👏

JimBHibees
26-12-2023, 10:24 PM
I ****ing despair at times I really do.

Ditto it is tortuous patter.

bingo70
26-12-2023, 10:26 PM

Tbf it’s not really a debate. There’s two posters who have had an agenda against him since day one because they wanted someone else.

There’s some posters on this site who are engaging in balanced and rational debate about the merits of Montgomery’s tenure so far but they’re certainly not the two on this thread who are borderline trolling.

Before Monty came in he was 100% the guy I wanted. After the first few games I was more convinced than ever, I have to say over the last few weeks I’ve been a bit disappointed at the lack of intensity in our play, I still think it’s pretty obvious we’re heading in the right direction though. IMO anyone who can’t see that so far, simply doesn’t want to see it so probably not much point spending too much time talking to them about it.

I think we could win, lose or draw tomorrow, regardless though, after this transfer window I think we will be in a better place than we are now.

JimBHibees
26-12-2023, 10:29 PM

Absolutely spot on.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2023, 10:58 PM
Tbf it’s not really a debate. There’s two posters who have had an agenda against him since day one because they wanted someone else.

There’s some posters on this site who are engaging in balanced and rational debate about the merits of Montgomery’s tenure so far but they’re certainly not the two on this thread who are borderline trolling.

Before Monty came in he was 100% the guy I wanted. After the first few games I was more convinced than ever, I have to say over the last few weeks I’ve been a bit disappointed at the lack of intensity in our play, I still think it’s pretty obvious we’re heading in the right direction though. IMO anyone who can’t see that so far, simply doesn’t want to see it so probably not much point spending too much time talking to them about it.

I think we could win, lose or draw tomorrow, regardless though, after this transfer window I think we will be in a better place than we are now.

I wanted us to appoint him. I’ve just been really disappointed with what I’ve seen from him.

I think he speaks brilliantly, he comes across as a leader and he’s absolutely sorted out Marshall’s form and is getting a tune out of Jair.

On the flip side, tactically he’s been awful. He’s got a plan A and plan A only. Some of his substitutions are mind boggling and while he’s turned Jair and Marshall around, he’s had the opposite affect on Boyle, Youan and Vente.

I don’t think anything I’ve said there is inaccurate or unfair.

Hibs4185
26-12-2023, 11:03 PM
Today is the day. Just pump these windowless hotel, donation reliant, Charity thieving *ankers

Unseen work
27-12-2023, 12:00 AM
Just not confident at all.

Hearts are playing well, Shankland is scoring a lot and in good form.

We’ve been a slow in possession and rarely create chances for our attackers.

We’ve also been giving up a lot of chances lately even though teams haven’t been taking them - Aberdeen, Dundee etc

I just think hearts will flood the midfield, win the ball back off us in really dangerous positions and have the quality to hurt us.

Unfortunately just can’t see us getting anything from the game.

HFC93
27-12-2023, 12:36 AM
Some right depressing folk on here.

ddoc
27-12-2023, 01:26 AM
Some right depressing folk on here.

Maybe pragmatic rather than depressing. Unfortunately Hearts are showing a bit of form at the same time we are not playing the best.
Them beating Celtic and us losing to St J was not on my Xmas gift list. We need to be firing on all cylinders tomorrow as they certainly have it in them to do us some damage.
Need a good performance from our midfield and maybe a bit of luck in front of goal.
Beating Hearts will certainly be a great end to 2023.

Gmack7
27-12-2023, 04:49 AM
Just not confident at all.

Hearts are playing well, Shankland is scoring a lot and in good form.

We’ve been a slow in possession and rarely create chances for our attackers.

We’ve also been giving up a lot of chances lately even though teams haven’t been taking them - Aberdeen, Dundee etc

I just think hearts will flood the midfield, win the ball back off us in really dangerous positions and have the quality to hurt us.

Unfortunately just can’t see us getting anything from the game.

It's hearts not Real Madrid,I'm sure it will be a tight game but we can absolutely win this game

bingo70
27-12-2023, 07:25 AM
I wanted us to appoint him. I’ve just been really disappointed with what I’ve seen from him.

I think he speaks brilliantly, he comes across as a leader and he’s absolutely sorted out Marshall’s form and is getting a tune out of Jair.

On the flip side, tactically he’s been awful. He’s got a plan A and plan A only. Some of his substitutions are mind boggling and while he’s turned Jair and Marshall around, he’s had the opposite affect on Boyle, Youan and Vente.

I disagree that we’ve only got a plan A and that’s it. Too much emphasis is put on formations, for the most part we try and play a possession based game of football, look at the goal and chances against Aberdeen though, we drew them in because that’s what they expected us to do, we then went over the top with long balls and got success getting in behind them. So plan A is to play the possession game, plan B is to go longer quicker if required.

Going back to the formation though, although it’s always been a 442, there’s been different variations of it. Campbell playing off the front man plays a different role to Boyle or Vente doing it. Similarly, there’s been times Jair has played as a winger and there’s been times he’s played far more narrow. Not all 442’s have been the same.

Like I said though, I have been a bit disappointed in recent weeks too though, it won’t happen but I’d love to see Levit getting a go further up the park to feed in Boyle, Vente and Youann/Jair, I think that’d really help Jeggo and Newell who will be under a lot of pressure tonight.

The Spaceman
27-12-2023, 07:48 AM
I think people are undercooking how different we will be today versus St J now we have Joe Newell back in the middle. He’s our best player and it really shows when he isn’t there. I can see us winning 2-0 today.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2023, 08:00 AM
The issue in a few games has been that the opposition pack out the midfield and we are often left with 3 on 2 in there. That can lead to one of our front 2 having to drop in and that can blunt our attack.

Hearts have been playing a 343 lately so it really shouldn't be as much of an issue tonight. Shankland isn't going to drop in and the other 2 play wide. I'd go with Newell and Levitt and try to win the football match rather than trying to make it a battle (and Newell in particular can handle himself anyway).

It's going to be a tough game. Hearts are in good form and they have a striker who is arguably the difference between them and the rest right now, it's hard to imagine they would be 3rd without him. Being totally honest I'd take a draw right now, it's no real damage to our aspirations of 3rd and shouldn't add to the minor rumblings of discontent about Montgomery I've started to see on here and Twitter (depending on the nature of the draw obviously, if we are 3 up and draw 3-3 there will be an epic meltdown). In saying that I think we have the ability to win the game. The big thing for me is not to give Hearts the amount of chances we allowed Aberdeen recently, keep it tight and control the ball and we'll get chances of our own. I'd be testing Clark early as well, I don't rate him at all so I'd be piling pressure on him if we get an early corner or free kick.

KeithTheHibby
27-12-2023, 08:11 AM

Re your point about Boyle, Vente and Youan I think you are correct. I reckon he’s playing one too many of them. Add in Jair and it seems unbalanced. Jair over Youan today. Perhaps either Campbell in the midfield or Doidge up top with Vente.

GreenCastle
27-12-2023, 08:17 AM
If we are a club aiming for 3rd then we should be winning games like tonight.

A draw will suit Hearts more as the league table with the gap remaining at 5 points but Hibs will be unbeaten in 4 derby games.

I like Monty and he’s managed 2 decent wins against Aberdeen but frustrating we lost the semi final. We know how important winning derbies are for Edinburgh managers.

Both managers tonight need a win to get more fans behind them. Many Hearts fans won’t be happy till Naebadges wins a Derby. A poster above says Heaers play 3-4-3 but they also played 3-5-2 against Celtic so reckon that’s what they will play tonight so midfield could easily be 3v2 and our centre backs will have to deal with 2v2.

A Monty home win at a full stadium will really help his reputation also.

Greenbeard
27-12-2023, 08:35 AM
He's no even had a window ya radge
Folk keeping banging on about giving him his own window but I've been assured by a Jambo pal that windows aren't all they are cracked up to be.

JimBHibees
27-12-2023, 08:37 AM
The issue in a few games has been that the opposition pack out the midfield and we are often left with 3 on 2 in there. That can lead to one of our front 2 having to drop in and that can blunt our attack.

Hearts have been playing a 343 lately so it really shouldn't be as much of an issue tonight. Shankland isn't going to drop in and the other 2 play wide. I'd go with Newell and Levitt and try to win the football match rather than trying to make it a battle (and Newell in particular can handle himself anyway).

It's going to be a tough game. Hearts are in good form and they have a striker who is arguably the difference between them and the rest right now, it's hard to imagine they would be 3rd without him. Being totally honest I'd take a draw right now, it's no real damage to our aspirations of 3rd and shouldn't add to the minor rumblings of discontent about Montgomery I've started to see on here and Twitter (depending on the nature of the draw obviously, if we are 3 up and draw 3-3 there will be an epic meltdown). In saying that I think we have the ability to win the game. The big thing for me is not to give Hearts the amount of chances we allowed Aberdeen recently, keep it tight and control the ball and we'll get chances of our own. I'd be testing Clark early as well, I don't rate him at all so I'd be piling pressure on him if we get an early corner or free kick.

Agree about Clark think he is pony. Really need our bigger players to step up. Would bring Campbell in and drop out Jair. Josh is due a Derby goal as has been unlucky previously. Getting players running at Halkett would help as he is in as good shape as me. Threat in the air though.

JimBHibees
27-12-2023, 08:38 AM
Folk keeping banging on about giving him his own window but I've been assured by a Jambo pal that windows aren't all they are cracked up to be.

:agree: Clearly overrated.

GreenCastle
27-12-2023, 08:40 AM

£200 to stay in a fancy cupboard in 2024. Amazing.

Winston Ingram
27-12-2023, 09:33 AM
Re your point about Boyle, Vente and Youan I think you are correct. I reckon he’s playing one too many of them. Add in Jair and it seems unbalanced. Jair over Youan today. Perhaps either Campbell in the midfield or Doidge up top with Vente.

They’re a perfect front 3, but are all playing far too deep to be as effective as they’ve all previously demonstrated.

Gordy M
27-12-2023, 09:55 AM
Jeez depressing reading this.....i mean Hearts must be miles ahead of us in the form table? Ah just checked....nope they are not same points from last 6 games.....unless of course the form is one game! Ffs. Have a bit of confidence......its Hearts ffs.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2023, 10:02 AM
Jeez depressing reading this.....i mean Hearts must be miles ahead of us in the form table? Ah just checked....nope they are not same points from last 6 games.....unless of course the form is one game! Ffs. Have a bit of confidence......its Hearts ffs.

Skewed is probably the wrong word, because they won the game and have them points to show for it, but them winning at Celtic Park the same day as we had and absolute shocker at St Johnstone, has completely flipped things. It was only a week prior to that they were in complete meltdown.

Not overly confident as our last three performances have been really poor, we need to play a hell of a lot better than we did in any of those games. But there shouldn’t be any feeling of doom going in to the game, we are absolutely capable of winning and it’s not that often we lose games.

Crunchie
27-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Skewed is probably the wrong word, because they won the game and have them points to show for it, but them winning at Celtic Park the same day as we had and absolute shocker at St Johnstone, has completely flipped things. It was only a week prior to that they were in complete meltdown.

Not overly confident as our last three performances have been really poor, we need to play a hell of a lot better than we did in any of those games. But there shouldn’t be any feeling of doom going in to the game, we are absolutely capable of winning and it’s not that often we lose games.
99% of the time form flies out the window in a derby, I remember us getting pumped 7-0 by Rangers then playing Hearts at ER the following week going a goal down and beating them 2-1 comprehensively.
Or is my mind playing tricks on me :confused:

The Modfather
27-12-2023, 10:12 AM
They’re a perfect front 3, but are all playing far too deep to be as effective as they’ve all previously demonstrated.

On paper they are a good front three, a very expensive front 3. However Youan is inconsistent, Boyle simply isn’t the talisman he once was and has as many quiet days as good days. Vente is also a lethal finisher and clever footballer, but more a Jamie McLaren type that suits a partner than a strong and athletic Big Mike type who is suited to playing on his own.

Playing those 3 also means we have to cobble an unbalanced 3 together in midfield. It’s easy to say 433 and Youan, Vente and Boyle is the answer but it’s not without its own limitations. It also didn’t look the answer in the first 3 league games. I actually think we’re a better and more balanced team overall when not playing all of Youan, Vente & Boyle.

Gordy M
27-12-2023, 10:24 AM
On paper they are a good front three, a very expensive front 3. However Youan is inconsistent, Boyle simply isn’t the talisman he once was and has as many quiet days as good days. Vente is also a lethal finisher and clever footballer, but more a Jamie McLaren type that suits a partner than a strong and athletic Big Mike type who is suited to playing on his own.

Playing those 3 also means we have to cobble an unbalanced 3 together in midfield. It’s easy to say 433 and Youan, Vente and Boyle is the answer but it’s not without its own limitations. It also didn’t look the answer in the first 3 league games. I actually think we’re a better and more balanced team overall when not playing all of Youan, Vente & Boyle.

Exactly, folk will complain no matter what. I remember distinctly when we played 3-5-2 and we had 3 in the middle folk were screaming for a a 4-4-2 because they didnt want 3 at the back......then we played a kinda 4-5-1 and folk moaned that we wanted 2 up top, now its 4-3-3 i think? I cant keep up!

Im sure some posters want us to play 4-4-3 so we can try and fit everyone in:wink:

HendoDelivered
27-12-2023, 10:36 AM
Few hearts fans in the group chat very confident this morning, one predicting they take 4 off is tonight 🤣

Since452
27-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Few hearts fans in the group chat very confident this morning, one predicting they take 4 off is tonight 🤣

It's the least confident I've been for a derby in a long time. They have a striker bang in form and will be full of confidence. We're going to get heavily beaten at some point with the number of shots we give the opposition. We can't continue to allow 15 plus shots at our goal ever game. Need to impose ourselves a bit more and take the game to the opposition. Especially at home.

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 11:14 AM
Have we scored yet?

WhileTheChief..
27-12-2023, 11:18 AM

Folk are just calling it like they see it ffs. All the confidence in the world from fans on here won't make any difference, it never has.

Hearts are bang in form just now whilst we couldn't manage a shot on target against St Johnstone.

Gordy M
27-12-2023, 11:18 AM
It's the least confident I've been for a derby in a long time. They have a striker bang in form and will be full of confidence. We're going to get heavily beaten at some point with the number of shots we give the opposition. We can't continue to allow 15 plus shots at our goal ever game. Need to impose ourselves a bit more and take the game to the opposition. Especially at home.

Well NM is unbeaten at Easter Road as the manager so that should give you some confidence?

Trinity Hibee
27-12-2023, 11:47 AM
Going to say 1-0 Hibs. It will be a tight game

Gordy M
27-12-2023, 11:50 AM
Folk are just calling it like they see it ffs. All the confidence in the world from fans on here won't make any difference, it never has.

Hearts are bang in form just now whilst we couldn't manage a shot on target against St Johnstone.
Yep and im calling it as i see it, but yeh have a go at my post bigging up our chances. Imagine being confident about beating our local rivals on a Hibs fan forum....shocking.

GRA
27-12-2023, 12:01 PM
Will be a tight game but unbeaten at ER under Monty. If we've learnt from those home draws against Dundee (to convert our chances) & County (to hold onto our lead with no daft subs) then we'll come out on top :aok:

Greenio
27-12-2023, 12:26 PM
Hearts are due a loss cos Shanklands shoulders can only carry their whole team for so long. Outside of him they are no goal scoring threat at all. They'll get found out today I'm sure of it. Then it'll be back to Naebadges oot etc etc. They want him to lose I swear. Intae these absolutely bell ends

joe breezy
27-12-2023, 12:34 PM
Who knows - a bad advert for Scottish football is my prediction - if Hibs get a win that's okay though

JimBHibees
27-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Who knows - a bad advert for Scottish football is my prediction - if Hibs get a win that's okay though

Thought the 2 2 game earlier in the season was an excellent game unfortunately Sky never showed it.

JimBHibees
27-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Yep and im calling it as i see it, but yeh have a go at my post bigging up our chances. Imagine being confident about beating our local rivals on a Hibs fan forum....shocking.

Quite right too. I think we win also.

Mcbizz1998
27-12-2023, 12:41 PM

‘It’s Hearts ffs.’

What do you mean by that? We have an awful record in this fixture for the last 30 years. The fake bravado has no impact on the game, it’s ok to admit we are underdogs in this one.

HFC93
27-12-2023, 12:45 PM

Exactly. I was looking forward to the game until I read this thread. Some miserable souls on here.

JimBHibees
27-12-2023, 12:47 PM
‘It’s Hearts ffs.’

What do you mean by that? We have an awful record in this fixture for the last 30 years. The fake bravado has no impact on the game, it’s ok to admit we are underdogs in this one.

Are we underdogs seems to me the epitome of a 50 50 game?

By Hearts ffs I am assuming he means we should absolutely not be afraid of them especially at Easter Road. Watched bits of their game at weekend and they were solid but brilliant goal by Tefal apart very little between the teams.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2023, 12:52 PM
‘It’s Hearts ffs.’

I’d have us as underdogs if it were at Tynecastle, not at home. I hope the players don’t go in to this thinking they are the underdogs. We need to take the game to them and go for it.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2023, 12:53 PM
ffs

that is all :)

scoopyboy
27-12-2023, 01:02 PM
For me a lot tonight depends on how NM lines us up.

If he goes with his standard 442 and plays Boyle, Jair and Youan then we will lose the midfield battle as Hearts will flood it with thugs

WhileTheChief..
27-12-2023, 01:10 PM
‘It’s Hearts ffs.’

:top marks

It's the same before every derby.

DinkyTwo
27-12-2023, 01:15 PM
****ting myself and looking forward to the game later all at once. Which is about the same for every derby!

If we get at them and click, I think we'll make a good game of it and have every chance of a win.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Since90+2
27-12-2023, 01:25 PM
:top marks

It's the same before every derby.

As it should be. The day we go into a Derby without any hope or expectation we might as well give up.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-12-2023, 01:26 PM
All I know is that I’ll be a nervous wreck from start to finish!

6-2MAGIC
27-12-2023, 02:00 PM

Totally agree with you. The fact is Hearts are in form and Shankland is a guy who’s high on confidence right now. However with that being said, like many have mentioned is that without Shankland, Hearts wouldn’t have won half of their games. He’s their only real goal threat so we do need to stop him.

JimBHibees
27-12-2023, 02:07 PM
As it should be. The day we go into a Derby without any hope or expectation we might as well give up.

Yep just glad a few on this thread aren’t doing the team talk. Scared of their own shadow.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2023, 02:24 PM
‘It’s Hearts ffs.’

Our record in the last decade really isn't that bad. I posted it recently, think it was along the lines of won 10, drew 13 and lost 12. Whilst that is far removed from brilliant it's not awful either. Incidentally the fixture becoming a lot more even in terms of results broadly coincided with the tap dispensing laundered Lithuanian cash being turned off.

I've already said I would take a draw but it's very much a 50/50 game and if we were to win it wouldn't be any kind of shock. In saying that I don't go in for all the 'we are going to pump them' bravado either; I don't think anyone really believes that and why would they? In my lifetime I've had 6-2, a 3-0 and a couple of 3-1s and that's my whack. I call it as I see it and I've been a doom merchant in the past. Tonight I think it will be a tight game between 2 fairly evenly matched teams.

green day
27-12-2023, 02:27 PM
Yep just glad a few on this thread aren’t doing the team talk. Scared of their own shadow.

**** the Hearts - get in as many sneaky fouls as you can muster, fall over screaming at every minor tackle, try and win a dodgy pen or 3, smash whichever oddball freak is in goals right into the net at the first corner.

Done

Golden Bear
27-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Shankland is the guy that needs watching - not because of his goal scoring exploits but because he'll target one of our key players with a horrendous tackle in the early minutes of the game.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2023, 02:45 PM
Shankland is the guy that needs watching - not because of his goal scoring exploits but because he'll target one of our key players with a horrendous tackle in the early minutes of the game.

And he’ll get away with it. Does it every time we play them.

McGruber
27-12-2023, 02:47 PM
For me a lot tonight depends on how NM lines us up.

If he goes with his standard 442 and plays Boyle, Jair and Youan then we will lose the midfield battle as Hearts will flood it with thugs

I don't think that is an 'if' situation. We'll be going 442, no surprises for us... or the opposing management

McGruber
27-12-2023, 02:49 PM
Could have done with ALF for these types of games - seens to have gone quiet on his progress though

Tyler Durden
27-12-2023, 02:50 PM
And he’ll get away with it. Does it every time we play them.

He's been booked or sent off in 3 of the 6 derbies he's faced us.

He also got away with elbowing Rocky in his first derby, with no card.

Wee rat.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2023, 02:55 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Boyle
Levitt
Newell
Jair

Vente
Youan

Is how I think we’ll line up. Would probably prefer Doidge instead of Youan as he adds a bit of presence in both boxes and Youan has gone well of the boil recently.

Jones28
27-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Anyone getting a now tv pass for the game? £11.99 for 24 hours of sky.

Stubbsy90+2
27-12-2023, 03:15 PM
An absolute must not lose tonight imo. A win would be huge.

Going 8 points behind would leave us a lot of catching up to do if we wanted 3rd.

sleeping giant
27-12-2023, 03:15 PM
Jair to cement his new status with the winner.

Crunchie
27-12-2023, 03:17 PM
First can of beer opened and settling in to watch a great game with lots of goals and a Hibs win :flag:

GreenCastle
27-12-2023, 03:20 PM
Could have done with ALF for these types of games - seens to have gone quiet on his progress though

Missed him last Derby and the semi final big time.

Since452
27-12-2023, 03:34 PM

Good point. We really miss his intelligence on the park.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2023, 03:43 PM
Good point. We really miss his intelligence on the park.

Yeah he is a big loss to our link up play.

Johnny Clash
27-12-2023, 03:45 PM
Left Nottingham at midday. Loads of train delays and cancellations due to hellish weather but now north of Newcastle so into the final leg of the journey. Train is rammed , nae spare seats but who cares? It’s Derby night under the lights at Easter Road. We need to create our own storm in the stands and on the pitch. If we do that then we will beat them handsomely. So no holding back fellow Hibernians - full throttle!

Northernhibee
27-12-2023, 03:45 PM
Play your part
**** the Hearts

Pretty Boy
27-12-2023, 03:46 PM
Pitch looks in great nick in the latest social media posts from the club.

DinkyTwo
27-12-2023, 04:01 PM
Anyone getting a now tv pass for the game? £11.99 for 24 hours of sky.Yeah, I'm doing it. Can't be bothered with the added stress of a dodgy stream and I'd have given the money to Hibs if the option was there. Tough time of year to attend in person with the hectic festive social fixture list!

Tambo
27-12-2023, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I'm doing it. Can't be bothered with the added stress of a dodgy stream and I'd have given the money to Hibs if the option was there. Tough time of year to attend in person with the hectic festive social fixture list!

Nowtv might still be doing it for £21 a month for 6 months but you can cancel anytime, gives you a bit more than just 24 hours.

Up-the-slope
27-12-2023, 04:07 PM
cant make a cup of coffee as had no power for 6 hours.... only alternative beer :cheers:

not got a clue how tonight will go. hoping we make the kind of chances we did in semi... but actually stick them away.

4-4-2 but Campbell up top and doing the dropping / linking / stopping midfield overload. Vente to become a Derby legend :greengrin

DinkyTwo
27-12-2023, 04:08 PM
Nowtv might still be doing it for £21 a month for 6 months but you can cancel anytime, gives you a bit more than just 24 hours.Cheers mate, will look into that

Hibs4185
27-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Pitch looks in great nick in the latest social media posts from the club.

I seen a post from the groundsman on social media and it looked incredible.

Interestingly a guy commented mentioning the ‘show lights’ and how he helped install them.

Guess our floodlights can be used for more than just floodlights?

Stanton Spence
27-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Left Nottingham at midday. Loads of train delays and cancellations due to hellish weather but now north of Newcastle so into the final leg of the journey. Train is rammed , nae spare seats but who cares? It’s Derby night under the lights at Easter Road. We need to create our own storm in the stands and on the pitch. If we do that then we will beat them handsomely. So no holding back fellow Hibernians - full throttle!
Great effort JC let’s hope the hibees show the same commitment

jws1875
27-12-2023, 04:14 PM
I seen a post from the groundsman on social media and it looked incredible.

Interestingly a guy commented mentioning the ‘show lights’ and how he helped install them.

Guess our floodlights can be used for more than just floodlights?

Barry hinted there was more to them when they got installed. There's a bit in the supporters information for tonight's game about flashing lights

AlbertK86
27-12-2023, 04:16 PM

Spot on…. Does it every game. Done Miller minutes into the game before. He and Boyce are a pair of snidy dirty gets. Always late in and fall over to make it look like they are the aggrieved party.

Hopefully Monty has made mention of this to the ref and VAR officials as well as the players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanton Spence
27-12-2023, 04:19 PM
Are we underdogs seems to me the epitome of a 50 50 game?

By Hearts ffs I am assuming he means we should absolutely not be afraid of them especially at Easter Road. Watched bits of their game at weekend and they were solid but brilliant goal by Tefal apart very little between the teams.
Bet365 now have hertz at 6/4 and hibs 7/4 but earlier in the week hibs were slight favourites
Nothing in it going by most bookies so not really underdogs either

Pretty Boy
27-12-2023, 04:19 PM
Anyone getting a now tv pass for the game? £11.99 for 24 hours of sky.

Good chance they will send you a freebie not long after too.

I have taken the day pass a couple of times when I haven't wanted to risk the stick packing in and both times I've been given a 6 month sports pass for mobile devices (excluding Main Event) for free afterwards.

Has covered the whole NFL season this time around which isn't to be sniffed at.

The Captain....
27-12-2023, 04:31 PM
Would ****ing love to see Rocky snap Shankland in half early doors. Be good as a goal.

I hope we start better than we have recently, the intensity and tempo need to be much higher from the off.

I'm not confident of winning tbh but the hope is always there, especially the nearer kick off gets. The thought of naebadges greetin puss after a defeat should be all the motivation our players need.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Unseen work
27-12-2023, 04:40 PM
Would ****ing love to see Rocky snap Shankland in half early doors. Be good as a goal.

I hope we start better than we have recently, the intensity and tempo need to be much higher from the off.

I'm not confident of winning tbh but the hope is always there, especially the nearer kick off gets. The thought of naebadges greetin puss after a defeat should be all the motivation our players need.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

I’d love to see Rocky score a goal, never scored for us before and think he would go absolutely mental - especially against hearts.

NC1875
27-12-2023, 04:53 PM
My boys first derby and he’s absolutely buzzing. Hasn’t seen us lose in person yet at Easter road so fingers crossed.

**** the hearts.

Jones28
27-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Good chance they will send you a freebie not long after too.

I have taken the day pass a couple of times when I haven't wanted to risk the stick packing in and both times I've been given a 6 month sports pass for mobile devices (excluding Main Event) for free afterwards.

Has covered the whole NFL season this time around which isn't to be sniffed at.

Thanks PB, maybe I’ll find something in American Football after years of ignoring it completely!

scoopyboy
27-12-2023, 05:25 PM
I don't think you will be far away with that.

I would leave Jair out as I think the game will pass him bye. Hearts will flood the midfield and bully him.

Would love someone to come and reply to this sometime after 10pm proving me wrong:greengrin

H18 SFR
27-12-2023, 05:36 PM
My boys first derby and he’s absolutely buzzing. Hasn’t seen us lose in person yet at Easter road so fingers crossed.

**** the hearts.

My daughter’s first. Let’s send them both home even more buzzing!!

Up-the-slope
27-12-2023, 05:40 PM
top effort

supermcginn
27-12-2023, 05:47 PM
Hanlon dropped, Rocky rightfully back in the team.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2023, 05:47 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Boyle
Levitt
Newell
Jair

Campbell
Vente

Callum_62
27-12-2023, 05:49 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1740081360910385494?t=I-5TjdTbA-P9uh6oNAsPug&s=19

Youan on the bench

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2023, 05:49 PM
Wallacot, Hanlon, Jeggo, Youan, Stevenson, Doidge, Molitnikov, Landers, Whittaker

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2023, 05:50 PM
I’d say it’s more a 4-2-3-1

Levitt
Newell

Boyle
Campbell
Jair

Vente

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2023, 05:52 PM
gie the baw tae Vente

overdrive
27-12-2023, 05:53 PM
I’d say it’s more a 4-2-3-1

Levitt
Newell

Boyle
Campbell
Jair

Vente

It should be but it won’t be. Campbell will be on the right and Boyle up front.

Paul1642
27-12-2023, 05:53 PM
Wallacot, Hanlon, Jeggo, Youan, Stevenson, Doidge, Molitnikov, Landers, Whittaker

I thought this was the starting line up for a moment until I realised there were only 9 of them. Just about had a heart attack.

Callum_62
27-12-2023, 05:54 PM
https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1740082136839864653?t=rTf1T57EH-2LBTUJ6gZQRg&s=19

Shankland plays as does Beni

Paul1642
27-12-2023, 05:55 PM
With the exception of potentially Campbell out for Youan this is our strongest line up. No excuses tonight Hibs!

Paul1642
27-12-2023, 05:57 PM
https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1740082136839864653?t=rTf1T57EH-2LBTUJ6gZQRg&s=19

The size of that forehead 😂

overdrive
27-12-2023, 06:00 PM

It’s a fivehead

Northernhibee

If they ever release a Funko pop of him, it will be to actual scale

Iain G

Beni Factor is playing?

overdrive
27-12-2023, 06:03 PM
I’d have rather Jeggo than Levitt playing

joe breezy
With Newell and Boyle on the pitch we are capable of things

greenlex

Me too but there’s enough out there.

Iain G
27-12-2023, 06:04 PM
I hear Sky have shoved a mic up Naebadges arse, for an authentic commentary

Paul1642
27-12-2023, 06:05 PM
Except for Youan there are no game changers coming from the bench tonight. First 11 need to perform.

hibsbollah
With Newell and Boyle on the pitch we are capable of things

Its the Christmas derby. I want things:agree:

Lago
I tip my hat to you, hopefully Hibs will reward you with a win.

Iain G
27-12-2023, 06:06 PM
Except for Youan there are no game changers coming from the bench tonight. First 11 need to perform.

Doidge can change a game for us if we need something different up top.

Tambo
27-12-2023, 06:07 PM
Mon the Hibs, I would have had Jeggo with Newell but Montys in charge.

I don't care how we do it, please bring home the 3 points.

Unseen work
27-12-2023, 06:08 PM

Think that’s the main difference between the sides, the strength of the bench.

Hearts have quite a few good options to bring on if they need a goal

Up-the-slope
27-12-2023, 06:11 PM
cant make a cup of coffee as had no power for 6 hours.... only alternative beer :cheers:

not got a clue how tonight will go. hoping we make the kind of chances we did in semi... but actually stick them away.

4-4-2 but Campbell up top and doing the dropping / linking / stopping midfield overload. Vente to become a Derby legend :greengrin

:whistle: first part right.... now for the second and I will run naked along the street

Golden Bear
27-12-2023, 06:14 PM

I agree. Horses for courses and he'd have been ideal for tonight's battle.

Hibees1973
27-12-2023, 06:22 PM
Tonight is a must not lose.

Could be 11 points behind this lot on after Saturday if we do.

With the Melkersen cash and other money coming into the club I expect us to strengthen for the second half of the season. However, even with this 11 points is a big ask to catch up.

cekim
27-12-2023, 06:23 PM
If we over play at the back it will play right into their hands.Not the weather for that tonight.Will we learn?
Find out at 10 o'clock.

Diclonius
27-12-2023, 06:24 PM
I am in my seat. I will try not to be as hyperbolic this time.

brydekirk
27-12-2023, 06:25 PM
I’d love to see Rocky score a goal, never scored for us before and think he would go absolutely mental - especially against hearts.

Agree

Hibees1973
27-12-2023, 06:25 PM
If we over play at the back it will play right into their hands.Not the weather for that tonight.Will we learn?
Find out at 10 o'clock.

Might find out a lot earlier than that.

Jones28
27-12-2023, 06:28 PM
Naismith saying it’s not about the derby will end his hearts career, it’s all they ***** care about.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2023, 06:28 PM
missed a bit there, was Lennon talking about Locke when he mentioned someone was the Golden Boy

Jones28
27-12-2023, 06:30 PM
I wouldn’t ever want Lennon back as manager but I do like the way he speaks about us.

Joe6-2
27-12-2023, 06:30 PM
I am in my seat. I will try not to be as hyperbolic this time.

Impossible, when playing that lot

Vault Boy
27-12-2023, 06:31 PM
My god, Naebadges is so ****ing boring

Jones28
27-12-2023, 06:31 PM
The way Naismith speaks reminds me a bit of the that priest in father ted who runs the gas off the electricity and and the electricity off the gas.

Dmas
27-12-2023, 06:33 PM
My god, Naebadges is so ****ing boring

I can understand why he was sitting alone at the pre match meal now

Vault Boy
27-12-2023, 06:36 PM
I can understand why he was sitting alone at the pre match meal now

That and he’s probably humming of farts

Jones28
27-12-2023, 06:37 PM
Joe Newall is one handsome ******* eh?

Unseen work
27-12-2023, 06:37 PM
That’s hearts players targeting newells right ankle now

monarch
27-12-2023, 06:38 PM
Noticed a big “good luck” and symbolic handshake given to Naebadges by Kris Boyd at end of pre match interview.

Scorrie
27-12-2023, 06:39 PM
Noticed a big “good luck” and symbolic handshake given to Naebadges by Kris Boyd at end of pre match interview.

They were team mates at Kilmarnock

MKHIBEE
27-12-2023, 06:41 PM
Tonight is a must not lose.

Could be 11 points behind this lot on after Saturday if we do.

With the Melkersen cash and other money coming into the club I expect us to strengthen for the second half of the season. However, even with this 11 points is a big ask to catch up.

Or we could be 3 points behind with a game in hand. It’s all ifs and buts.

Unseen work
27-12-2023, 06:42 PM
Liked Lennons analysis “that goal against st Johnstone was a piece of nonsense” 🤣

HendoDelivered
27-12-2023, 06:45 PM
Officially nervous

McHibby
27-12-2023, 06:48 PM
It’s a fivehead

😂😂

Smartie
27-12-2023, 06:49 PM
I sort of hate myself for it but it was a very good point that Locke made about the playing out from the back in the derby - and the potential to get your own fans on your back if you lose it a few times.

It'll be very interesting to see how that approach works in a game like this and whether Levitt manages to thrive or toil amongst it all.

Unseen work
27-12-2023, 06:53 PM
I sort of hate myself for it but it was a very good point that Locke made about the playing out from the back in the derby - and the potential to get your own fans on your back if you lose it a few times.

It'll be very interesting to see how that approach works in a game like this and whether Levitt manages to thrive or toil amongst it all.

I think we’ll approach it similar to Aberdeen.

We’ll do a couple of short passes and then look to get Boyle in behind by being direct.

When they drop off we then play more to try cut through them.

Callum_62
27-12-2023, 06:53 PM

It'll be very interesting to see how that approach works in a game like this and whether Levitt manages to thrive or toil amongst it all.The reverse is true though - play through there press and get some chances and everyone is bouncing

Lumping in forward and losing it will also see fans on your back

I'd rather see us playing possession football that a boring percentage game

Don't get me wrong, it's sometimes squeeky bum time [emoji23]

pollution
27-12-2023, 06:55 PM
Get right into these arrogant ignorant plebs !!!

Up-the-slope
27-12-2023, 06:57 PM
The reverse is true though - play through there press and get some chances and everyone is bouncing

Lumping in forward and losing it will also see fans on your back

I'd rather see us playing possession football that a boring percentage game

Don't get me wrong, it's sometimes squeeky bum time [emoji23]

:agree: yup have some Cahoon's and play football... I remember when Big Frank could both match up derby toughness and still caress the ball

Aldo
27-12-2023, 06:57 PM
We need to get Vente into areas that can hurt them. He’s not going to win headers against Kent and Rowles but his movement can do the damage.

27-12-2023, 06:58 PM
Boyle better watch his hair doesn't catch fire.

Callum_62
27-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Boyle better watch his hair doesn't catch fire.Boyles on fire.....

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2023, 07:00 PM
13 seconds, corner heartz

Jones28
27-12-2023, 07:01 PM
Intae them Hibs!

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2023, 07:02 PM
two poor attempts at passing from jc

Curly1875
27-12-2023, 07:03 PM
Josh Campbell lost the ball 4 times in 2 minutes man

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2023, 07:04 PM
great seeing the FF full, just a couple of empty seats

cabbageandribs1875
VAR check penalty for heartz ?

Aldo
Are they looking at a ****ing penalty here.

If so it’s a penalty

cabbageandribs1875
penalty heartz rocky handball

but hanlon gets stick from a select few on here

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2023, 07:05 PM
great seeing the FF full, just a couple of empty seats

That makes no sense :wink:

CMac1988
****ing knew when I seen it. Hoped we got away with it...

Up-the-slope
var check.... come on

HoboHarry
No winning yet? FFS Monty oot.

Gatecrasher
What a ****ing joke

cabbageandribs1875
missed :thumbsup::thumbsup: