PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Erich Schaedler always on Christmas Eve.

h1bs4life
24-12-2023, 06:18 AM
From the club site
38 years on. Thinking of Erich Schaedler always on Christmas Eve.

Fantastic guy , drunk in his pub , played for the pub team
One of my original Hibs heroes along with rest of the Tornadoes.

HibbyDave
24-12-2023, 07:10 AM
I lived right beside the vickie bar and drank there as a regular when Erich and Joe had the place.

One Day
24-12-2023, 07:56 AM
Hard to believe that its been 38 years, where does the time go

hhibs
24-12-2023, 08:41 AM
Shades ,my hero,shed a tear when I heard of his death,never forgotten.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Bostonhibby
24-12-2023, 08:52 AM
Shades was my hero back in those days, would run through a brick wall for Hibs, gentleman off the pitch.

That run and challenge that made goal number 7 in the demolition derby.

Thanks for the memories........

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2023, 09:06 AM
https://i.ibb.co/PN1ksF5/D7-CF1-B61-D761-41-CB-A2-ED-370-F35-C0-F075.jpg (https://ibb.co/2ycJ0Wj)

Top quality guy totally committed to our fantastic football club

His professional attitude and levels of fitness were an example to any youngster coming through

Was at his unofficial debut as a Trialist against Greenock Morton Reserves where he gave me and my mate comps for the Centre Stand and let us run up the tunnel and out onto the hallowed turf

Saw his first goal for the club a Scottish Cup tie at Firhill For Thrills

One of his famous long throws was cleared back to him at the edge of the box and he sent it back with interest into Roughie’s faraway top postage stamp corner

A nicer guy you could not hope to meet

RIP

scm70nyd1973
24-12-2023, 09:44 AM
From the club site
38 years on. Thinking of Erich Schaedler always on Christmas Eve.

Fantastic guy , drunk in his pub , played for the pub team
One of my original Hibs heroes along with rest of the Tornadoes.

Loved this guy - devastated when I read the news in ‘85. They don’t come much tougher and fitter than our Erich - the tackle just before the cross for the 7th goal in ‘73 summed him up.

Will be raising a glass this evening for our Erich - forever in his debt for his service 🥲

leith lynx
24-12-2023, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the memories Erich, never ever forgotten 🇳🇬🇳🇬

h1bs4life
24-12-2023, 02:57 PM
https://i.ibb.co/PN1ksF5/D7-CF1-B61-D761-41-CB-A2-ED-370-F35-C0-F075.jpg (https://ibb.co/2ycJ0Wj)

His professional attitude and levels of fitness were an example to any youngster coming through

Was at his unofficial debut as a Trialist against Greenock Morton Reserves where he gave me and my mate comps for the Centre Stand and let us run up the tunnel and out onto the hallowed turf

One of his famous long throws was cleared back to him at the edge of the box and he sent it back with interest into Roughie’s faraway top postage stamp corner

RIP

Cracking photo Billy , story from Pat Stanton at the Turnbulls Tornadoes 50th Anniversary dinner last year .
Erich used to pick him up sometimes to go training. Even if it was raining freezing outside, Pat would have his big coat on Erich would appear with the roof of his car down and sunglasses on .
Shades part in number 7 in 73 summed him up .

greenginger
24-12-2023, 03:21 PM
It would be just before Christmas 1981 I was coming out of the Hibs shop under the old stand when I saw Riki Hill , the Bermudan player who was with us for a trial and I struck up a conversation with him.
It was freezing cold , minus 5 degrees at least and Riki was clad in a huge sheepskin coat complaining about the cold.

Along strolls Shades in track suit bottoms and a short sleeve tee shirt.

The Bermudian boy just gops and says “ what’s that guy made of “.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2023, 03:22 PM
Cracking photo Billy , story from Pat Stanton at the Turnbulls Tornadoes 50th Anniversary dinner last year .
Erich used to pick him up sometimes to go training. Even if it was raining freezing outside, Pat would have his big coat on Erich would appear with the roof of his car down and sunglasses on .
Shades part in number 7 in 73 summed him up .
Yip attended the 25th Anniversary they kept an empty space in his memory at the top table

RIP

BSEJVT
24-12-2023, 04:51 PM
RIP Erich

You were a hero of mine

gbhibby
24-12-2023, 07:13 PM
Loved watching Shades, if someone committed a bad foul on one of his team mates he would sort the opposition player out legally.
Loved watching his long throw and I would practice this using his technique for hours. He would slot into any team nowadays.

Lago
24-12-2023, 07:28 PM
Wonderful player in a wonderful team and a lovely man as well.

Golden Bear
25-12-2023, 11:08 AM

RIP

His brother stays in the same town as me and the resemblance to Erich in that photo is striking.

BILLYHIBS
25-12-2023, 02:11 PM
I remember Shades’ official unofficial debut versus Gornik in a friendly came on as a sub and took out Peter Cormack with a mistimed crunching tackle 😀

Was typical Shades

Absolute legend

Pagan Hibernia
25-12-2023, 03:09 PM
RiP Erich.

Crammond Hibee
27-12-2023, 11:42 PM
Missed

Rip shades

Jamesie
28-12-2023, 02:21 AM
Exactly the type of player we are crying out for today. RIP Erich.