PDA

View Full Version : Egan-Riley & Baccus

King Cosell
20-12-2023, 03:09 PM
Egan Riley's not featuring for Burnley, Baccus has 6 months left at St Mirren. We could get them at relatively low cost, both would hit the ground running/be starters, they've both got a bit of steel (which we need) and they've both got strong connections with Hibs.

If there's a sizeable war chest in the summer, we can think bigger, but at the moment we should be looking at defensive players who'll go straight into the side and fit in with our style of play. We're the 3rd highest scorers in the league, we shouldn't be thinking about forwards right now.

JimBHibees
20-12-2023, 03:11 PM
Egan Riley's not featuring for Burnley, Baccus has 6 months left at St Mirren. We could get them at relatively low cost, both would hit the ground running/be starters, they've both got a bit of steel (which we need) and they've both got strong connections with Hibs.

If there's a sizeable war chest in the summer, we can think bigger, but at the moment we should be looking at defensive players who'll go straight into the side and fit in with our style of play. We're the 3rd highest scorers in the league, we shouldn't be thinking about forwards right now.

Baccus seems to be regularly a sub for St Mirren

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2023, 03:12 PM

Baccus has strong connections with Hibs - is that the Aussie link -sorry brains frazzled.

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Naw we’re dining at the top table now

Don’t need Saintees cast offs

Notice the boy Haaland’ s no been playing lately 🤑

leith lynx
20-12-2023, 03:33 PM

Agree about Egan - Riley, great wee player, would strengthen our midfield considerably.

Unseen work
20-12-2023, 04:32 PM
Both good players but I’m not sure either are what we need.

Baccus - Been on the bench quite a bit for St Mirren this season. Is he better than Newell and Levitt or got a considerably different style? Not for me. Better defensively and more legs than Levitt but not as good on the ball. Boyd-Munce at St Mirren also looks a real player.

Egan Riley - As a centre mid or right back? As a centre mid I think similar to Baccus and at right back we have Miller and two really promising youngsters in Megwa and Whittaker. I’m not sure what is his best position but I suppose his versatility is a good thing - really good young player though and great attitude - probably cost a bit

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t turn my nose up at either as they’d improve the squad. But I think we should be looking at either different positions or different styles

Dan Phillips is one I’d look at as a cheap option that has a lot of quality and out of contract. Think he’s really comfortable on the ball and is full of running and tackling - he just has that real ‘bully’ type of attitude and he doesn’t care who you are, he’s going to get after you and put a foot in.

There was a point on Saturday there where him and Jeggo had a couple of challenges in the middle of the park, the next time Jeggo got the ball get was straight over to him and smashed him. I know that’s not for everyone but I think at times we miss that. He could be seen as a potential long term replacement for Jeggo who is out of contract in the summer too.

keep the faith
20-12-2023, 04:33 PM
I'm sure Pep Guardiola at fleetwood will be after Egan riley. Agree we should bring him back.

Steven79
20-12-2023, 04:51 PM
I'm sure Pep Guardiola at fleetwood will be after Egan riley. Agree we should bring him back.[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

tamig
20-12-2023, 04:57 PM
Is Egan Riley even fit again?

dchibs
20-12-2023, 05:07 PM
Naw we’re dining at the top table now

Don’t need Saintees cast offs

Notice the boy Haaland’ s no been playing lately 🤑

Who would we drop though. :thumbsup:

1875Sean
20-12-2023, 05:09 PM
Not sure about Baccus, people seem to want him on last season form, as been said he seems to more of a bit part player this season, think we could do better, would take Eagan Riley back in a heart beat, seems to get the club and can play in a few different positions

Iain G
20-12-2023, 06:15 PM
Not sure about Baccus, people seem to want him on last season form, as been said he seems to more of a bit part player this season, think we could do better, would take Eagan Riley back in a heart beat, seems to get the club and can play in a few different positions

He would just be someone else for the League of Miserable Gentlemen to wine about.

badabing67
20-12-2023, 07:21 PM
Is Egan Riley even fit again?

Thought he had a move lined up to a Dutch club on the last day of the last window, but it fell through for some reason. Not sure why, but I think Burnley scuppered it in some way pretty sure he was pissed off about it.

Found a link

Burnley exit denied for player as Clarets are 'late with the papers' - Late deadline day departure cancelled - Sport Witness (https://sportwitness.co.uk/burnley-exit-denied-player-clarets-late-papers-late-deadline-day-departure-cancelled/)

monarch
20-12-2023, 08:12 PM
He would just be someone else for the League of Miserable Gentlemen to wine about.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

tamig
20-12-2023, 08:52 PM
Thought he had a move lined up to a Dutch club on the last day of the last window, but it fell through for some reason. Not sure why, but I think Burnley scuppered it in some way pretty sure he was pissed off about it.

Found a link

Burnley exit denied for player as Clarets are 'late with the papers' - Late deadline day departure cancelled - Sport Witness (https://sportwitness.co.uk/burnley-exit-denied-player-clarets-late-papers-late-deadline-day-departure-cancelled/)

Cheers. I just wasn’t sure. I knew he’d had a bad injury but wasn’t sure how far down the recovery road he was.

Forza Fred
20-12-2023, 10:55 PM

What is the ‘strong connection’ Baccus has with Hibs…..other than a previous press report that we enquired about him?

King Cosell
20-12-2023, 11:27 PM
What is the ‘strong connection’ Baccus has with Hibs…..other than a previous press report that we enquired about him?

If you're moving to club with two of your Aussie teammates, two other players who've played in Australia, under a management duo just over from Australia, I'd say that was a pretty strong connection.

HoboHarry
20-12-2023, 11:52 PM
Indeed, things would not be rosé in the garden.

Forza Fred
21-12-2023, 12:02 AM
If you're moving to club with two of your Aussie teammates, two other players who've played in Australia, under a management duo just over from Australia, I'd say that was a pretty strong connection.

Maybe, depends on your perception of ‘strong’ I guess.

He would have played against Monty’s team for sure, but not aware of any connection other than that.

He has played a few games for Oz with Boyle and Miller that’s true.

lyonhibs
21-12-2023, 05:45 AM
Maybe, depends on your perception of ‘strong’ I guess.

He would have played against Monty’s team for sure, but not aware of any connection other than that.

He has played a few games for Oz with Boyle and Miller that’s true.

Or indeed "connection"

He'll have played with players from all over the shop with Australia and loads of players will have played against CCM when Monty was in charge.

I don't know Baccus from Adam but I don't think a"strong Hibs connection " is going to be what gets him here, if indeed there's even any real interest from our side

JimBHibees
21-12-2023, 06:12 AM

Could be an equally strong connection to Hearts

Iain G
21-12-2023, 07:07 AM
Could be an equally strong connection to Hearts

Baccus has a close connection to Rowan Vine, maybe that will help us? Corker of a signing!

JimBHibees
21-12-2023, 07:45 AM
Baccus has a close connection to Rowan Vine, maybe that will help us? Corker of a signing!

That worries me ::greengrin

Fanforlife
21-12-2023, 07:46 AM
Baccus has strong connections with Hibs - is that the Aussie link -sorry brains frazzled.
Could possibly be getting mixed up with saints player,as strain is gerry bakers grandson 🤔

BlackSheep
21-12-2023, 03:29 PM
[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hijacking this post to try and get a notification to user @Steven79....

Tried PMing you but your inbox is full... can you clear some messages and let me know?

Cheers