PDA

View Full Version : Ref for saturday.

Ron D Hibbie
19-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Ian Snedden. Is he not the jambo people were talking about on here the other week.

JimBHibees
19-12-2023, 03:55 PM
Ian Snedden. Is he not the jambo people were talking about on here the other week.

Think so game before a derby what could go wrong. Getting trolled big time

Mikey_1875
19-12-2023, 03:56 PM
Yes was further up on this thread apparently posting as Iain Andrew on facebook.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?364794-Spl-referees&p=7525299#post7525299

Madness if that is true.

bradman
19-12-2023, 04:08 PM
Ian Snedden. Is he not the jambo people were talking aboutFa on here the other week.

Fanatical hearts fan. Played cricket with him.
If I recall correctly his father ran Linlithgow hearts supporters club

JimBHibees
19-12-2023, 04:24 PM
You couldn't make it up

EHZERO7
19-12-2023, 04:51 PM
And Beaton for the derby. 😢😢😢

Carheenlea
19-12-2023, 04:54 PM
If those historical social media postings are definitely his, then he can’t possibly be deemed fit to officiate any game involving g Hibs or Hearts.

If there is an avenue open for Hibs to submit an objection for this guy to take charge of our game on Saturday, or at any time in the future, then I’d hope we would be doing so in the strongest possible terms.

HoboHarry
19-12-2023, 05:05 PM
If those historical social media postings are definitely his, then he can’t possibly be deemed fit to officiate any game involving g Hibs or Hearts.

If there is an avenue open for Hibs to submit an objection for this guy to take charge of our game on Saturday, or at any time in the future, then I’d hope we would be doing so in the strongest possible terms.
The Lanarkshire Referee's Mafia won't give a damn, they are a law unto themselves. They need to be dismantled.

JammyDoidger
19-12-2023, 07:38 PM
Only in Scotland man, unbelievable, why we haven't complained about John Beaton is beyond me too. Every time we get him we get shafted.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2023, 07:50 PM

Sounds about right. :rolleyes:

Heisenberg
19-12-2023, 07:51 PM
Absolutely wild that he’s been given a Hibs game if that’s really him. Club should be all over it.

Since90+2
19-12-2023, 07:54 PM
Shouldn't be anywhere near being a referee for any game involving Hibs or Hearts. I'd expect Ben Kensell to be all over this.

xyz23jc
19-12-2023, 08:00 PM
Shouldn't be anywhere near being a referee for any game involving Hibs or Hearts. I'd expect Ben Kensell to be all over this.

Time for this....?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1737180110891995427

madsen5
19-12-2023, 08:05 PM

Agreed, but the club will say nothing as
Usual.

JimBHibees
19-12-2023, 09:47 PM
And Beaton for the derby. 😢😢😢

How many times ffs

green day
20-12-2023, 02:54 PM
Agreed, but the club will say nothing as
Usual.

How do you know what the club will say?

JimBHibees
20-12-2023, 03:10 PM
How do you know what the club will say?

Yep we have clearly complained about decisions, McLean at Parkhead last season with Youan sent off and two very soft Celtic pens. Hasnt really improved anything.

Diclonius
20-12-2023, 03:28 PM
Referee in supporting football team shocker; that and the posts are over a decade old. Assume we're all disqualified as referees in Scotland given what we say on here? :dunno:

JimBHibees
20-12-2023, 03:44 PM
Referee in supporting football team shocker; that and the posts are over a decade old. Assume we're all disqualified as referees in Scotland given what we say on here? :dunno:

Would an old firm fan be able to ref that game if similar attitudes were found. A little odd he appears to have two names. Let's wait and see what happens however not a great start.

Mikey_1875
20-12-2023, 04:09 PM

I’d have thought it was fairly clear that the issue isn’t with a ref supporting a football team and rather who he supports and what games he can referee as a consequence.

Michael Oliver is a high profile example of a referee with allegiances to Newcastle who doesn’t referee their games or Sunderland games.

JimBHibees
20-12-2023, 04:15 PM
I’d have thought it was fairly clear that the issue isn’t with a ref supporting a football team and rather who he supports and what games he can referee as a consequence.

Michael Oliver is a high profile example of a referee with allegiances to Newcastle who doesn’t referee their games or Sunderland games.

Unfortunately in Scotland given the prominence of old firm supporting refs difficult to find anyone to ref their games

HoboHarry
20-12-2023, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately in Scotland given the prominence of old firm supporting refs difficult to find anyone to ref their games
It would be very easy to find refs for their games if there was a properly run referees body instead of the current mess that we have.

overdrive
20-12-2023, 04:49 PM

It’s not a thing up here. I know a Jambo who ran the line in a Scottish Cup Final that Hearts played in

JimBHibees
20-12-2023, 04:55 PM
It’s not a thing up here. I know a Jambo who ran the line in a Scottish Cup Final that Hearts played in

Yep

monarch
20-12-2023, 08:23 PM
At least we’ll be able to rely on Andrew Dallas at the Louden VAR complex to correct any dodgy decisions that Snedden makes.

SNIFFER
20-12-2023, 08:59 PM
At least we’ll be able to rely on Andrew Dallas at the Louden VAR complex to correct any dodgy decisions that Snedden makes.

Andrew Dallas isn't on VAR on Saturday, it's Kevin Clancy.

Also, it may interest you to know that VAR is not there to "correct" the ref, it is there to support and advise him and the ref has the final say. :cb

HoboHarry
20-12-2023, 09:25 PM

Also, it may interest you to know that VAR is not there to "correct" the ref, it is there to support and advise him and the ref has the final say. :cb

Aye right. May be the theory but how many refs have you seen dismiss the VAR "recommendation"?

SNIFFER
20-12-2023, 09:47 PM
Aye right. May be the theory but how many refs have you seen dismiss the VAR "recommendation"?

The recommendations point the ref to angles they may not have seen live but quite a few refs have stuck with their original decisions this season. I suspect you're right though, Clancy is a very experienced ref and Snedden is new to this level, so he will listen to his "advice."

PHeffernan
20-12-2023, 09:51 PM

Thank you Donald for your 7th post on hibs.net in 15 years

We have a winner :agree:
Let's hear it for Sniffers's 2nd post on Hibs.net in 18 years

Already looking forward to his 3rd post in 2032

You both make The Blue Nile, Harper Lee and J.D Salinger look prolific

Scottie
20-12-2023, 09:53 PM
The recommendations point the ref to angles they may not have seen live but quite a few refs have stuck with their original decisions this season. I suspect you're right though, Clancy is a very experienced ref and Snedden is new to this level, so he will listen to his "advice."
3 posts in near 18 years and 2 of them have been tonight.

Welcome back Sniffer :greengrin

PHeffernan
20-12-2023, 09:56 PM

Post 3

The corks oot!

SNIFFER
20-12-2023, 10:25 PM
3 posts in near 18 years and 2 of them have been tonight.

Welcome back Sniffer :greengrin

Thanks, I've been busy. 😁

That's 3 tonight! 🎉

Frogga
20-12-2023, 10:33 PM
I knew Iain at school and another ref who officiates in the Championship just now.

In fairness to them I remember asking the other guy (not Iain) what they would do if they refereed a game featuring their rivals and they said that allegiances don't even come into their head - they're getting paid serious money if they can make it to SPL games, are being observed every game and are being watched by cameras and thousands of people - why would they risk all that just to screw over a rival?

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

percy veer
21-12-2023, 03:03 AM
I knew Iain at school and another ref who officiates in the Championship just now.

In fairness to them I remember asking the other guy (not Iain) what they would do if they refereed a game featuring their rivals and they said that allegiances don't even come into their head - they're getting paid serious money if they can make it to SPL games, are being observed every game and are being watched by cameras and thousands of people - why would they risk all that just to screw over a rival?

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

it the fouls the get away with that irritates me, the meaningless ones that breaks up the play and there is no real come back on them but they know what they are doing

Stonewall
21-12-2023, 05:41 AM

I’m another who played cricket with Iain Snedden for many years and one thing he doesn’t lack is self confidence so I’m not unduly worried about him being influenced by the VAR official.

i also think he’ll be even handed and I’ve seen him ref in the Juniors and was quite impressed with him. He seemed to be calm and not afraid to interact with the players.

That’s me made myself a hostage to fortune anyway.Don’t let me down ya Jambo….

JimBHibees
21-12-2023, 05:57 AM
It would be very easy to find refs for their games if there was a properly run referees body instead of the current mess that we have.

Absolutely correct however ....