PDA

View Full Version : Club shop carrier bags

LancashireHibby
18-12-2023, 11:29 AM
Most minor of minor moans, but just been to spend £50 in the club shop and the carrier bag is just a small plain black one. Surely it’s such an easy marketing win to have club-branded carrier bags that people will be paying 60p to advertise the club?

As I said, the most minor moan ever, but just feels like a missed opportunity, especially at this time of year. File alongside advertising leaflets in hotels….

erin go bragh
18-12-2023, 12:19 PM
Maybe they have ran out but every time i have purchased a bag, it's green with the Hibs badge on it.

LancashireHibby
18-12-2023, 12:22 PM
Maybe they have ran out but every time i have purchased a bag, it's green with the Hibs badge on it.
I’ve had those a few times in the past but not the last couple of visits. Hopefully it’s a good sign and they’ve sold so much and they’ve run out!

vuefrom1875
18-12-2023, 12:24 PM
Most minor of minor moans, but just been to spend £50 in the club shop and the carrier bag is just a small plain black one. Surely it’s such an easy marketing win to have club-branded carrier bags that people will be paying 60p to advertise the club?

As I said, the most minor moan ever, but just feels like a missed opportunity, especially at this time of year. File alongside advertising leaflets in hotels….

Reminds me of when I went to the ticket hub top of royal mile to get some brochures and to my surprise advertising leaflets for the uglies for tickets,tours,etc. I did email Hibs commercial dept stating we're missing a trick here,and surprise surprise still waiting for a reply. A wee bit of imagination in that dept is sorely needed.

worcesterhibby
18-12-2023, 01:06 PM
they have probably run out..but that's bad planning, Carrier bags don't take up too much room to store, they should have re-ordered when they were down to their last few thousand. Shame, purchases look much better in a logo'd bag

overdrive
18-12-2023, 04:33 PM
I’ve had those a few times in the past but not the last couple of visits. Hopefully it’s a good sign and they’ve sold so much and they’ve run out!

It’s been the unbranded bag the past several times I’ve bought from the shop too.

Hibs90
18-12-2023, 04:43 PM
Those bags aren't exactly environment friendly to be made.

Hibbyradge
18-12-2023, 04:49 PM

I don't think I've ever bought anything or gone anywhere because of what's written on the side of someone's shopping bag.

I doubt we've missed much of an opportunity, tbh.

Radge70
18-12-2023, 05:55 PM
I don't think I've ever bought anything or gone anywhere because of what's written on the side of someone's shopping bag.

There will be more impressionable people out there though and a lot of it is subliminal. I see my username inspired yours 😊

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2023, 05:59 PM

Did you never find it at Bruce's? :greengrin

HFC93
18-12-2023, 06:10 PM
We need to look at getting in someone who is experienced like Craig Levein to run the shop if that's true.

Iain G
18-12-2023, 06:13 PM
Those bags aren't exactly environment friendly to be made.

We are supposed to be the greenest club in Scotland, would hope we had found a better option than plastic bags. Paper or something more reusable would be much better.

Iain G
18-12-2023, 06:14 PM
We need to look at getting in someone who is experienced like Craig Levein to run the shop if that's true.

Is this in addition to him making Hibs great, improving the singing section, making the chips edible and bringing back Kilted Donuts?

Pretty Boy
18-12-2023, 06:42 PM
I can't remember the last time I accepted a bag from a shop. If I think I'll need one then I'll take it with me and I won't just take one for the sake of it.

Printed products usually have quite high MOQs (as an example my work supplies printed cups and the minimum run is 50K units). You can get lower of course but you pay a premium for it. Given the majority of purchases from the shop will be fairly small in size, if not value, and won't require a bag then I think moving away from branded plastic is a good move.

Bridge hibs
18-12-2023, 06:58 PM
We are supposed to be the greenest club in Scotland, would hope we had found a better option than plastic bags. Paper or something more reusable would be much better.

Brown sheet of paper and a piece of string, thats how I used to collect my Nanas grocery order, well I wasn't using her ****ing hovis bike with the basket on the front 🫣

Helensburghhibs
18-12-2023, 07:31 PM

Remember the days when chopping down trees for paper was considered bad environmentally

Hibbyradge
18-12-2023, 07:32 PM
There will be more impressionable people out there though and a lot of it is subliminal. I see my username inspired yours 😊

Ha ha. I've been around these parts a lot longer than you, my friend.

WeeRussell
18-12-2023, 07:37 PM
Ha ha. I've been around these parts a lot longer than you, my friend.

Oh yeah - got all your demands worked out have you?

Hibbyradge
18-12-2023, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah - got all your demands worked out have you?

He's making it up as he goes along!

Glory Lurker
18-12-2023, 07:52 PM

I agree. We don't seem to be shouting that one these days. Hopefully wasn't just a passing fad.

LancashireHibby
18-12-2023, 08:05 PM

Subliminal advertising. See someone carrying a Hibs carrier bag down Leith Walk, “oh, there’s an idea for such and such this Christmas”

Btw from the environmental side, I find decent plastic carrier bags to be massively reusable, if for nothing else other than you don’t want to pay 60p every time!

Hulk0762
18-12-2023, 08:11 PM
Did you never find it at Bruce's? :greengrin

I did....a person from a certain era :wink:

overdrive
18-12-2023, 08:22 PM

It depends how you define “green”. “Single use” plastic bags actually have less of a carbon footprint than paper bags. It is how plastic bags are disposed that’s more of an issue.

Paper bags would need to be reused three times to negate their higher environmental impact compared to plastic bags. Of course, plastic bags can be used more than paper bags as paper bags tear more easily, are useless once wet, etc.

Paper is much more environmentally better to dispose of as it can be composted. Plastic can’t and it tends to end up places that aren’t great.

Iain G
18-12-2023, 08:47 PM
Brown sheet of paper and a piece of string, thats how I used to collect my Nanas grocery order, well I wasn't using her ****ing hovis bike with the basket on the front 🫣

Surely it was a sunblest bike?

Bostonhibby
18-12-2023, 08:48 PM
Perfectly natural response to that shambles of a result against st. Johnstone.

No self respecting Hibs fan would want to be seen with their purchases in an openly Hibs branded bag.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Iain G
18-12-2023, 08:52 PM
Subliminal advertising. See someone carrying a Hibs carrier bag down Leith Walk, “oh, there’s an idea for such and such this Christmas”

Btw from the environmental side, I find decent plastic carrier bags to be massively reusable, if for nothing else other than you don’t want to pay 60p every time!

They could make some very cool Hibs themed tote bags if they don't already!?

The Matty Sack
Mixu Packalotin
The Super Joe Tote-alano
Carry Lavety
The Mikael Antoine Courier Bag

Hibbyradge
18-12-2023, 09:00 PM
Perfectly natural response to that shambles of a result against st. Johnstone.

No self respecting Hibs fan would want to be seen with their purchases in an openly Hibs branded bag.

:greengrin

Bridge hibs
18-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Surely it was a sunblest bike?

No def a hovis bike, had the big basket on the front 27504 talking about being environmentally friendly, my Wife takes her big re-usable bum bag when she goes out shopping, not very environmentally friendly when its windy 🫣 27505

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2023, 07:43 AM
Anyone else got hundreds of those bags for life, you know the ones you are supposed to take to the supermarket but never remember to do, so have to buy more?:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
19-12-2023, 07:47 AM
Anyone else got hundreds of those bags for life, you know the ones you are supposed to take to the supermarket but never remember to do, so have to buy more?:rolleyes:We have a bag for life "area" in our cellar, dozens of them, they are part of the family and will be at my funeral.

They never leave.

zitelli62
19-12-2023, 08:15 AM
We have a bag for life "area" in our cellar, dozens of them, they are part of the family and will be at my funeral.

They never leave.

My car boot is full of them think I've got one for every shop but not a hibs one.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2023, 08:22 AM
My car boot is full of them think I've got one for every shop but not a hibs one.I'll need to check the car now, hate to think of them being left in the cold and dark all night[emoji16]

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-12-2023, 08:25 AM
We have a bag for life "area" in our cellar, dozens of them, they are part of the family and will be at my funeral.

They never leave.

Surely they would then become bags for death? 🤔☺️

Bostonhibby
19-12-2023, 08:29 AM
Surely they would then become bags for death? [emoji848][emoji3526]This is what I'm worried about, maybe I'll just lay them all out in the garden and drive a stake through their heart.

Jones28
19-12-2023, 09:41 AM
I didn't this thread could more Partridge-like, but here we are :greengrin

worcesterhibby
19-12-2023, 03:28 PM
I can't remember the last time I accepted a bag from a shop. If I think I'll need one then I'll take it with me and I won't just take one for the sake of it.

Printed products usually have quite high MOQs (as an example my work supplies printed cups and the minimum run is 50K units). You can get lower of course but you pay a premium for it. Given the majority of purchases from the shop will be fairly small in size, if not value, and won't require a bag then I think moving away from branded plastic is a good move.

The thing is, most bags aren't re-used, but I bet a Hibs branded bag would be. You give the customer a choice anyway. 20p for a branded compostable (potato starch bags are best) bag if they need one. they are available minimum order of 1000 printed with a short lead time (I know I order them regularly). It's not hard and it's certainly more professional and better marketing than a non-compostable unbranded bag.