PDA

View Full Version : 9 points before the break

Billy Whizz
18-12-2023, 10:45 AM
Got the 3 big games pre the winter break

Ross County away on Saturday
Hearts home on 27th December
Motherwell home on 2nd January

Would love to get 9 pts from these 3 games, but we need to play much better than on Saturday

Ringothedog
18-12-2023, 10:51 AM
From what I gather about how we played on Saturday( I missed the game). We will be lucky to take zero points from those 3 games. I really hope I am wrong.

Trinity Hibee
18-12-2023, 10:53 AM
The derby has to be a win in the race for 3rd. Hearts are ahead with a game in hand so need to keep them in touching distance.

They have St Mirren on Saturday at tynie so one or both will be dropping points.

Itsnoteasy
18-12-2023, 10:59 AM

Would love to get 9 pts from these 3 games, but we need to play much better than on Saturday

Not had a next 3 game thread for a while.

B.H.F.C
18-12-2023, 11:27 AM
I’d be surprised if we took 9 points. I’d also be surprised if we took zero points. Montgomery cannot afford a defeat at home to Hearts.

MKHIBEE
18-12-2023, 11:45 AM
I’d be surprised if we took 9 points. I’d also be surprised if we took zero points. Montgomery cannot afford a defeat at home to Hearts.

Why? What will happen?

B.H.F.C
18-12-2023, 11:53 AM
Why? What will happen?

Surely you can work out how negative the reaction would be? Look at the reaction to losing a game to St Johnstone, bad as the performance and result was. Losing at home to Hearts would be a massive setback. Winning would get him a hell of a lot of goodwill. You don’t just get time and patience as a given these days, with the demand for instant success. Lose to that lot and that’ll be the negativity in to overdrive.

Stuart93
18-12-2023, 11:55 AM
From what I gather about how we played on Saturday( I missed the game). We will be lucky to take zero points from those 3 games. I really hope I am wrong.

How can you be lucky to take 0 points?

Bostonhibby
18-12-2023, 11:56 AM
How can you be lucky to take 0 points?Points deducted for us not being sevco?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
18-12-2023, 11:59 AM
When we dropped points at St Mirren conceding a last minute equaliser we saw a whole load of predictions that we would take no point from our next x number of games and whatever else. We took 12 from 15 in the next 5 games losing only to Celtic. A bit perspective doesn't go amiss sometimes albeit I accept football is an emotive game that lends itself to extreme reactions.

Saturday was a disappointing result and by all accounts an abject performance but we are playing 2 really poor teams in our next 3 in Motherwell and Ross County; I'd expect at least 4 points from those 2. Hearts will be a very tough game, they are clearly finding a bit of form and we rarely make it easy for ourselves in a derby. Of course we can beat them, we should very much be aiming to beat them. 9 points from the next 3 would be outstanding, 7 very good and 5 acceptable. Anything less would see a lot of justified criticism, I don't think that will be an issue though.

#2 Double Tap
18-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Why? What will happen?

He loses to hearts and those already unhappy with the subs, team sheets, tactics n formation etc will start to get pretty loud.

JimBHibees
18-12-2023, 12:07 PM
He loses to hearts and those already unhappy with the subs, team sheets, tactics n formation etc will start to get pretty loud.

Well maybe they could try giving him a proper chance and showing some patience. You know like real fans should do :greengrin

Diclonius
18-12-2023, 12:23 PM
Four points.

21sMay
18-12-2023, 12:25 PM
I would take 6 points from these 3 games , county away is never an easy game and a derby is a derby . I'd expect us to take 3 points from the Motherwell game at home so that leaves a win in either county game or the derby and I'm pretty sure which game I'd prefer to win

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-12-2023, 12:36 PM

How many transfer windows has he had yet?

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2023, 12:43 PM
Hard to tell how this team will do from one game to the next.

More likely 3 or 4 points rather than 9 I'd have thought though.

#2 Double Tap
18-12-2023, 12:44 PM
Well maybe they could try giving him a proper chance and showing so.e patience. You know like real fans should do :greengrin

Maybe they should, but maybe everyone who wanted to give jr, Maloney or lj time shoulda just listened to the guys who seen the car crash early…… :)

And by real fans do you mean happy clappers? Cause I Ken plenty home n away guys who are showing real concern right now, I mean can u blame them, nae shots against st Johnston is to my mind extremely worrying, Livingston last week was pretty bleak viewing tae…….

#2 Double Tap
18-12-2023, 12:45 PM
How many transfer windows has he had yet?

The same amount as levein, and are u saying our squad is worse than st Johnston?

JimBHibees
18-12-2023, 12:45 PM
Maybe they should, but maybe everyone who wanted to give jr, Maloney or lj time shoulda just listened to the guys who seen the car crash early…… :)

And by real fans do you mean happy clappers? Cause I Ken plenty home n away guys who are showing real concern right now, I mean can u blame them, nae shots against st Johnston is to my mind extremely worrying, Livingston last week was pretty bleak viewing tae…….

No I mean fans who understand the game enough to know that a manager needs time especially ones who have a pretty decent record already.

#2 Double Tap
18-12-2023, 12:55 PM
No I mean fans who understand the game enough to know that a manager needs time especially ones who have a pretty decent record already.

I agree with you, but when u look and it’s utter s hit that looks like a repeat of a manager who was sacked not that long ago you gotta ask questions…..

Ronniekirk
18-12-2023, 01:05 PM
Why? What will happen?
We will lose three points and this place will be in meltdown
Oh and Derek Adams will say the whole league is ***** anyway so what’s the point lol

Springbank
18-12-2023, 01:18 PM
Why? What will happen?

What will happen if he wins...that's the question you should ask.

And if he doesn't win, then all of that good stuff is missed, January & February look totally different.

Not sure how much you follow football but, seeing as you ask this entry-level question, let me tell you there's a big difference between life in a one-team city and life in a two team city.

Broxburn Greens
18-12-2023, 03:05 PM
After the last two performances I just don’t see how we take 9 points.

My concern right now is the Manager needs to learn fast that teams like Ross County and Motherwell will press right onto us and give zero time on the ball which makes playing out from the back tricky, needs to consider changing things up slightly, perhaps using Doidge as a target man to bring the likes of Boyle/Vente more into the game.

Conversely I think we’ll get a wee bit more time on the ball against Hearts and that will suit us, giving us more freedom to pass the ball about.

In terns of what happens over the next 3 games for NM I’d see it like this:

0-2 points: Disaster and those who are voicing concerns now will become quite vocal

3 points: Grim but it depends who we beat. The grumbles would be growing.

4-5 points: shaky but the Manager would be in no worse position than he is today, especially if we beat Hearts.

6 points: Reasonable return and if we beat Hearts a narrow defeat in either of the other two would be forgiven.

7 or 9 points: excellent performances and we go into the break on a high.

From watching the last few performances I think 7 may be possible but I’m leaning towards 4 or 5 points sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
18-12-2023, 03:25 PM
I'd take 9 shots on target never mind 9 points

greenlex
18-12-2023, 03:28 PM
After the last two performances I just don’t see how we take 9 points.

My concern right now is the Manager needs to learn fast that teams like Ross County and Motherwell will press right onto us and give zero time on the ball which makes playing out from the back tricky, needs to consider changing things up slightly, perhaps using Doidge as a target man to bring the likes of Boyle/Vente more into the game.

Conversely I think we’ll get a wee bit more time on the ball against Hearts and that will suit us, giving us more freedom to pass the ball about.

In terns of what happens over the next 3 games for NM I’d see it like this:

0-2 points: Disaster and those who are voicing concerns now will become quite vocal

3 points: Grim but it depends who we beat. The grumbles would be growing.

4-5 points: shaky but the Manager would be in no worse position than he is today, especially if we beat Hearts.

6 points: Reasonable return and if we beat Hearts a narrow defeat in either of the other two would be forgiven.

7 or 9 points: excellent performances and we go into the break on a high.

From watching the last few performances I think 7 may be possible but I’m leaning towards 4 or 5 points sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole point of playing like we do is to invite the opposition on to us and to create space. We just need to get better at it. There’s an argument that the players aren’t capable but personally for me it’s a tempo problem rather than ability. It needs to be a whole lot quicker when they press. Too many players wanting too many touches. Of course like Saturday we will make a mess of it and be punished. Doesn’t mean we should abandon it.
The more we do it the better we will get. It’s a whole lot better than aimlessly punting the ball up to see it come straight back and when it works it’s very effective. I do have one “however” and would occasionally like us to mix it up just to keep the opposition on their toes. In general do it but players and coaching staff must know during a game how it’s going and take that decision.

Shrekko
18-12-2023, 03:34 PM
Well maybe they could try giving him a proper chance and showing some patience. You know like real fans should do :greengrin

That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment but I'm painfully bored by what I'm watching. It's the fact we're not losing many that is making it bearable. A defeat at home to that lot would be hard to take.

JimBHibees
18-12-2023, 03:36 PM
The whole point of playing like we do is to invite the opposition on to us and to create space. We just need to get better at it. There’s an argument that the players aren’t capable but personally for me it’s a tempo problem rather than ability. It needs to be a whole lot quicker when they press. Too many players wanting too many touches. Of course like Saturday we will make a mess of it and be punished. Doesn’t mean we should abandon it.
The more we do it the better we will get. It’s a whole lot better than aimlessly punting the ball up to see it come straight back and when it works it’s very effective. I do have one “however” and would occasionally like us to mix it up just to keep the opposition on their toes. In general do it but players and coaching staff must know during a game how it’s going and take that decision.

Great post agree with every word it just needs to be better and sharper and at times more intensity. I like the patient approach and bringing teams out and playing through them. Up to Monty to adjust when necessary including like the Aberdeen game a different longer option. I thi k that is one position which will be improved a more physical target player imo. Agree far better than just hoofing it which is painful it is a braver way of playing and should be applauded in playing that way. Doesn't mean it can't be adapted for certain games.

He's here!
18-12-2023, 03:48 PM

From the run of 5 straight away games we're on (why so many in a row?!) we should be (and presumably were) targeting 9 or 10 points (zero from Celtic and as close to maximum points as possible from the other four). The derby is one we'd want to avoid losing (I'd take a draw if offered), while we should be targeting 3 points against Motherwell. Having turned in such a horror show at Perth it's important to get a win at County.

MKHIBEE
18-12-2023, 04:43 PM
Surely you can work out how negative the reaction would be? Look at the reaction to losing a game to St Johnstone, bad as the performance and result was. Losing at home to Hearts would be a massive setback. Winning would get him a hell of a lot of goodwill. You don’t just get time and patience as a given these days, with the demand for instant success. Lose to that lot and that’ll be the negativity in to overdrive.
I know there will be a negative reaction along with the usual hyperbole associated with such a defeat but NM will not be sacked, Foley will still buy a stake in the club and NM won’t be changing the way he does things. Wailing and gnashing of teeth for a while then carry on.

Mcbizz1998
18-12-2023, 05:08 PM
Expect a win on Saturday. Once that’s out the way, I’m sure we will suddenly be best of the rest again and about to give the jambos a right good hiding, according to .net anyway.

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-12-2023, 05:09 PM
The same amount as levein, and are u saying our squad is worse than st Johnston?

Where did I say our squad is worse than St J? And where were these questions when we were winning our last 4/5 games on the bounce?

People are entitled to question Monty. Just like people are entitled to question those that question Monty, after seeing a marked improvement in our results, form and an identity about how we are going to play the game.

MKHIBEE
18-12-2023, 05:17 PM
What will happen if he wins...that's the question you should ask.

And if he doesn't win, then all of that good stuff is missed, January & February look totally different.

Not sure how much you follow football but, seeing as you ask this entry-level question, let me tell you there's a big difference between life in a one-team city and life in a two team city.

If he wins, that’s great, bragging rights belong to hibs and there will be a great feelgood factor around the club and among the fans. But if that’s the only points we get before new year I doubt the fan base will be happy for long.

ancient hibee
18-12-2023, 05:31 PM
Our record over the last 6 games is the same as Hearts and only behind Rangers. Of course Perth was disappointing but we would have picked up a point if Levitt had not fouled up.

Phil MaGlass
18-12-2023, 06:38 PM
This team we witnessed a woedul performance will not beat Ross County, not with the fitba they just served up, f,n useless, I actually stopped watxhin at ht and went to the bar, (im in Dubai at the mo). Said to my brother were not beatin this lot. My brother texted me to say we were beaten, no surprise, no fight in that team and no ideas, tactics were pish and it was eye bleedin stuff. Manager wont last long if he keeps goin like this, he needs a good Jan window.

ddoc
18-12-2023, 08:12 PM
Great post agree with every word it just needs to be better and sharper and at times more intensity. I like the patient approach and bringing teams out and playing through them. Up to Monty to adjust when necessary including like the Aberdeen game a different longer option. I thi k that is one position which will be improved a more physical target player imo. Agree far better than just hoofing it which is painful it is a braver way of playing and should be applauded in playing that way. Doesn't mean it can't be adapted for certain games.

I also agree with this, but I think there appears to be a lack of awareness so often when playing out of the back. I lose count of the number of times that the pass is either backwards or to the side when the player on the ball has stacks of space to drive further forward before releasing the ball. We give the opposition to much time to get back in shape and the advantage we have in the speed of Youan, Jair and MB are lost. Just so frustrating to watch at times.

Hibernia&Alba
18-12-2023, 08:21 PM
Realistically, I would be happy with beating Motherwell at home and drawing the other two. It sounds defeatist to settle for a point at home in a derby, but far too often they have won at ER, and it’s the worst feeling. Of course, beating that lot and drawing with Motherwell would be far more enjoyable.

HoboHarry
18-12-2023, 09:41 PM
We will lose three points and this place will be in meltdown
Oh and Derek Adams will say the whole league is ***** anyway so what’s the point lol
This place stopped being sensible a while ago so I doubt that anyone at Hibs is going to take it seriously should we lose to Hearts.

He's here!
18-12-2023, 09:47 PM
Realistically, I would be happy with beating Motherwell at home and drawing the other two. It sounds defeatist to settle for a point at home in a derby, but far too often they have won at ER, and it’s the worst feeling. Of course, beating that lot and drawing with Motherwell would be far more enjoyable.

It's not defeatist. Not losing comes first for me in every derby. A win is a magnificent bonus. A draw allows you to breathe easy and carry on as normal. Defeat destroys your day.

#2 Double Tap
18-12-2023, 09:51 PM
Where did I say our squad is worse than St J? And where were these questions when we were winning our last 4/5 games on the bounce?

People are entitled to question Monty. Just like people are entitled to question those that question Monty, after seeing a marked improvement in our results, form and an identity about how we are going to play the game.

i dont like bashing and to be honest after the first few games i felt we defo improved from LJ, it would be great if all was rosey, but performances just havent been good, the last two really poor, the livi game you can forgive for conditions but that in perth was really rubbish.....i was having the same discussions over the last 4/5 games.......imo we have rid a bit luck recently, like in the aberdeen game, how they never scored is a mystery, we dont seem to create enough chances and its playing out like maloney, lotsa posession between our gk, cb, wing backs, its really no good enough, anyone who thinks it is, is just wearing blinkers.....

lets just hope it all works out and after jan window stuff gets better.......beat hearts and nout else really matters.

#2 Double Tap
18-12-2023, 09:55 PM
It's not defeatist. Not losing comes first for me in every derby. A win is a magnificent bonus. A draw allows you to breathe easy and carry on as normal. Defeat destroys your day.

win only for me......draw is only good as the last minute leveller, opposite of that or losing destroys moral imo.....win at all costs is the only acceptable attitude.

Since452
19-12-2023, 05:44 AM
I'm only ever relatively happy with a draw in a derby when we've won the last one, or were the last team to win one. Which we were. Keeps the unbeaten run going.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2023, 06:42 AM
I doubt either of them would admit it publicly but I wonder if privately both managers would take a draw in the derby if it was offered now.

Their win at the weekend has probably bought Naismith a bit of breathing space but the Hearts managers going back about as far as John McGlynn seem to only ever be a couple of games away from a crisis (which sounds pretty faimiliar tbh).They expect to win the derby and they have earned the right to think like that over the course of the fixture as their record is far superior. If they don't win though then they absolutely will not accept losing and it's a near terminal blow to a lot of their managers. They started to turn on the German court jester who's name escapes me after we beat them at Tynecastle, Neilson never recovered from us emptying them out of the SC and so on.

For Hibs every new manager inherits all of our collective trauma from the derby. Our record over the last 10 years isn't great but it's not absolutely terrible: P34 W9 D12 L13. However it's always going to be about more than one game and that impacts the reputation of a manager even if they are only responsible for one of the many blips on the record. Of course a win would be huge for Montgomery but a defeat would see knives that are already being sharpened being readied for action. We really don't need that right now.

Of course both will want to win the game but deep down I think both would be ok with a draw (obviously depending on the nature of it, something similar to the game at Tynecastle is good for Monty and a disaster for Naismith and vice versa if we throw away a lead). A draw likely leaves us both still either in 3rd or within striking distance of it and there is no further seeds of discontent sown among the fans.

Mcbizz1998
19-12-2023, 10:43 PM
I doubt either of them would admit it publicly but I wonder if privately both managers would take a draw in the derby if it was offered now.

Their win at the weekend has probably bought Naismith a bit of breathing space but the Hearts managers going back about as far as John McGlynn seem to only ever be a couple of games away from a crisis (which sounds pretty faimiliar tbh).They expect to win the derby and they have earned the right to think like that over the course of the fixture as their record is far superior. If they don't win though then they absolutely will not accept losing and it's a near terminal blow to a lot of their managers. They started to turn on the German court jester who's name escapes me after we beat them at Tynecastle, Neilson never recovered from us emptying them out of the SC and so on.

For Hibs every new manager inherits all of our collective trauma from the derby. Our record over the last 10 years isn't great but it's not absolutely terrible: P34 W9 D12 L13. However it's always going to be about more than one game and that impacts the reputation of a manager even if they are only responsible for one of the many blips on the record. Of course a win would be huge for Montgomery but a defeat would see knives that are already being sharpened being readied for action. We really don't need that right now.

Of course both will want to win the game but deep down I think both would be ok with a draw (obviously depending on the nature of it, something similar to the game at Tynecastle is good for Monty and a disaster for Naismith and vice versa if we throw away a lead). A draw likely leaves us both still either in 3rd or within striking distance of it and there is no further seeds of discontent sown among the fans.

Possible mate but I’d be disappointed if that’s the mentality that Monty has. If we want to turn around our awful derby record then having a manager who accepts anything other than a win isn’t what we need.

swordin3
20-12-2023, 07:47 AM

No games are predictable for us at the moment. Played a bit of football in my day and have seen a few Managers sacked in Teams I played for senior and Junior levels. What I can say is was it was Players who got the Manager sacked due to poor personal preparation and poor attitudes. It's down to Players when they cross the white line.We need the Players to toughen up and show a will to win.I predict 5 points out of the next 3 games.

Steve20
20-12-2023, 08:15 AM
If we want to be serious about getting 3rd, we should be looking at a minimum 7 points from those games.

Bristolhibby
20-12-2023, 08:49 AM

Where have I heard that before.

Hibs being consistently inconsistent.

J

Ronniekirk
20-12-2023, 09:20 AM
i dont like bashing and to be honest after the first few games i felt we defo improved from LJ, it would be great if all was rosey, but performances just havent been good, the last two really poor, the livi game you can forgive for conditions but that in perth was really rubbish.....i was having the same discussions over the last 4/5 games.......imo we have rid a bit luck recently, like in the aberdeen game, how they never scored is a mystery, we dont seem to create enough chances and its playing out like maloney, lotsa posession between our gk, cb, wing backs, its really no good enough, anyone who thinks it is, is just wearing blinkers.....

lets just hope it all works out and after jan window stuff gets better.......beat hearts and nout else really matters.

I remember his first game away at Kilmarnock when in the fist half Killie couldn’t get the ball off us
playing slick one two touch football on the front foot
I remember my son saying if he can get them playing like this every week it will be great
But teams have sussed out how he sets us up
In the next few games we need to cement top six place ,as if teams below us win games in hand ,picking up points ,and we don't ,we are out top six again .
I just don’t think playing so many forward players is working for us at the moment .
Take an on form Newell out the team and midfield struggles
But a few decent signings in next window and retaining Fish are crucial, if we are to challenge for third place
Saints game was a bad day at the office and we can’t have a similiar display v County
Monty said we lacked urgency (understatement ) and a familiar theme , but it’s his job to get the players up for a game and play at quicker tempo
Is playing out from the back when teams press us stifling our ability to do that ?

#2 Double Tap
20-12-2023, 10:27 PM
I remember his first game away at Kilmarnock when in the fist half Killie couldn’t get the ball off us
playing slick one two touch football on the front foot
I remember my son saying if he can get them playing like this every week it will be great
But teams have sussed out how he sets us up
In the next few games we need to cement top six place ,as if teams below us win games in hand ,picking up points ,and we don't ,we are out top six again .
I just don’t think playing so many forward players is working for us at the moment .
Take an on form Newell out the team and midfield struggles
But a few decent signings in next window and retaining Fish are crucial, if we are to challenge for third place
Saints game was a bad day at the office and we can’t have a similiar display v County
Monty said we lacked urgency (understatement ) and a familiar theme , but it’s his job to get the players up for a game and play at quicker tempo
Is playing out from the back when teams press us stifling our ability to do that ?

playing out from the back is defo contributing imo, sure sometimes its fine, but there should always be a balance to these typa things, esp during the moments when we appear to be struggling with it and cant get the ball over the half way line.............our movement off the ball is not good enough, collectively we are not confident enough on the ball to play some slow possession based game.......there have been times when i think we have looked decent moving the ball forward but we dont do it often enough.........we set up in a 442, our strength should be playing the ball wide, with our wingers running onto the ball, not recieveing the ball with their back to goal.........

anyway with our new investment looming, i hope we can get the positivity flowing.......i just hope they let the bournemouth scouts and recruitment folk spend it :))

JammyDoidger
21-12-2023, 05:57 AM
We should be picking up 9 points imo. Hibs should always look to pick 9 points up from these teams, with the derby being at home it's a must win. Get it done Hibs, stop the pissing about and actually show a bit of drive and some tempo and we will win them no bother.

Septimus
21-12-2023, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=JammyDoidger;7531707]We should be picking up 9 points imo.

Well said Sir, a positive attitude.

Billy Whizz
23-12-2023, 04:40 PM
Well we can only get 6 points now
2 wins please Hibs

B.H.F.C
23-12-2023, 05:09 PM
We have the advantage of being really fresh going in to both games. Really need to make the most of that, especially in the derby. Get out and get at them. Need to play significantly quicker than we have been lately.

worcesterhibby
23-12-2023, 05:15 PM
Where have I heard that before.

Hibs being consistently inconsistent.

J

Every team outside of Celtic and Rangers are inconsistent.

PatHead
23-12-2023, 05:15 PM
Didn't lose today.

Keith_M
24-12-2023, 08:55 AM
2 wins please Hibs

Yep, we've blown it already.

JohnM1875
24-12-2023, 09:20 AM
Had a brutal nightmare last night we got pumped 5-0 in the derby.

I’m usually always confident going into the derby, one of the rare ones cause my mates always think we’ll lose. But really not looking forward to this one yet!

I’m sure come Wednesday that’ll all change though.

Tarrahib
29-12-2023, 07:12 AM
2 wins please Hibs
Only 3 points available now. We need them.badly.

Wheat Hound
29-12-2023, 07:32 AM
Currently an 8 point gap with Hearts despite us overtaking them on 9th December after beating Livi.

If we don't beat Well, Hearts have Ross County at home and Livi away so could easily be 13 or 14 points ahead of us going into the break following which our first league game back is Vs Rangers.

Yet another season of abject mediocrity at best 😔

mutley
29-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Currently an 8 point gap with Hearts despite us overtaking them on 9th December after beating Livi.

If we don't beat Well, Hearts have Ross County at home and Livi away so could easily be 13 or 14 points ahead of us going into the break following which our first league game back is Vs Rangers.

Yet another season of abject mediocrity at best [emoji17]

It’s a tough one, but after the cancellation of the Ross County game, Derby defeat and the ‘Well game on Tuesday, we will have to see what the next part of the season brings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mrimbetween
29-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Possible mate but I’d be disappointed if that’s the mentality that Monty has. If we want to turn around our awful derby record then having a manager who accepts anything other than a win isn’t what we need. Like it or not mate,thats 7/9 for them and the two losses were close,they will bring players in come January which may well help secure that much wanted 3rd .Hopefully not but who else will stop them right now??

He's here!
02-01-2024, 04:28 PM
Yes the Ross County game was postponed, but we've reached the break with one point from a trip to St Johnstone and two home games against Hearts and Motherwell, failing to score in two of those and in that spell gone from being above Hearts in the table to 11 points behind them. A dismal festive period, no two ways about it.

WeeRussell
02-01-2024, 04:29 PM
Well then, does that complete the set of non-banned trumpets that love to appear after a poor Hibs result?

Just Alf
02-01-2024, 04:31 PM
Well then, does that complete the set of unbanned trumpets that love to appear after a poor Hibs result?:agree:

:greengrin

He's here!
02-01-2024, 06:05 PM
Well then, does that complete the set of non-banned trumpets that love to appear after a poor Hibs result?

I'm on here pretty regularly, not only after poor results ( which are pretty regular mind you).

You just need to look at almost every thread on the first page of the main forum to find copious criticism of the club/team/manager. Hardly surprising surely?

Since452
02-01-2024, 11:10 PM
I'd take 9 shots on target never mind 9 points

Sadly we only managed 6

Hibernia&Alba
02-01-2024, 11:16 PM
We should have beaten Motherwell, they are a terrible side. We should have gotten a draw in the derby; another late, late boot in the baws. Four points would have been a good return; one is disappointing,

Diclonius
02-01-2024, 11:21 PM
Four points.

Stuart93
02-01-2024, 11:22 PM

Be appearing quite often these days eh?

hibsbollah
02-01-2024, 11:25 PM
We should have beaten Motherwell, they are a terrible side. We should have gotten a draw in the derby; another late, late boot in the baws. Four points would have been a good return; one is disappointing,

Luck has a lot to do with it. It spoils pre-formed narratives like ‘that laddie cant kick a ball’ or ‘the manager is an imposter’, but sometimes you just dont get the breaks in sport and you have to wait for things to click (march 2016 vs may 2016 a case in point).

Stuart93
02-01-2024, 11:26 PM
Luck has a lot to do with it. It spoils pre-formed narratives like ‘that laddie cant kick a ball’ or ‘the manager is an imposter’, but sometimes you just dont get the breaks in sport and you have to wait for things to click (march 2016 vs may 2016 a case in point).

Lucks had **** all to do with our last 2/3 results.

We’ve just been utter pish.

hibsbollah
02-01-2024, 11:30 PM
Lucks had **** all to do with our last 2/3 results.

We’ve just been utter pish.

Of course it has. Luck always has a role to play in everything, unless you believe in fate.

Stuart93
02-01-2024, 11:33 PM
Of course it has. Luck always has a role to play in everything, unless you believe in fate.

Mental you can watch us just now and think we’re “unlucky”.

hibsbollah
02-01-2024, 11:39 PM
Mental you can watch us just now and think we’re “unlucky”.

I didnt say we were unlucky today. I said luck plays a part in everything, always. Lewis Stevenson hit the bar today. A few centimeters away. That can be either a) luck b) fate or c) just because he’s utter *****, apparently. I think its a).

Since90+2
03-01-2024, 05:37 AM
I didnt say we were unlucky today. I said luck plays a part in everything, always. Lewis Stevenson hit the bar today. A few centimeters away. That can be either a) luck b) fate or c) just because he’s utter *****, apparently. I think its a).

There's an old saying in football, you make your own luck.

GreenCastle
03-01-2024, 06:31 AM

Or it’s his technique isn’t good enough ??

Same with Rocky and his defending in the Derby (technique and focus) and Shanklands good finishing.

lyonhibs
03-01-2024, 07:55 AM

If we're relying on Lewis Stevenson playing right back to score from outside the box to scrape a draw or win against Motherwell at home then we're really in big trouble.

I think we're in big trouble as far as a top 4 finish goes.

2 starting XI signings needed in January at least. Can't say I'm hugely hopeful

He's here!
03-01-2024, 08:39 AM
If we're relying on Lewis Stevenson playing right back to score from outside the box to scrape a draw or win against Motherwell at home then we're really in big trouble.

I think we're in big trouble as far as a top 4 finish goes.

2 starting XI signings needed in January at least. Can't say I'm hugely hopeful

A top 4 finish? On current form, coupled with a tough set of fixtures after the break, I think we're likely to find ourselves out of the top 6 in the not too distant future.

As you say, we need to pull off something special when it comes to signings.

An emphatic, confidence boosting win at Forfar is a must.

He's here!
03-01-2024, 09:46 AM

He was unlucky with that effort.

Real Emerald
03-01-2024, 10:22 AM

Luck does have a bit to do with it but we also got lucky with the equaliser too. After they equalised and had changed their shape we showed no drive or urgency until we went 2-1 down. We’ve also been unlucky with injuries and call ups but we new there was going to be call ups, we don’t have the squad to deal with it which isn’t l down to luck.