PDA

View Full Version : Behind the goals bar

joe breezy
18-12-2023, 09:28 AM
Got a half season ticket for Famous Five Executive seats

When I search for Behind the Goals bar I get various stories from its open to its in disrepair and doesn’t exist

Is there still a working bar there before / after games?

Hibernian Verse
18-12-2023, 09:30 AM
Got a half season ticket for Famous Five Executive seats

When I search for Behind the Goals bar I get various stories from its open to its in disrepair and doesn’t exist

Is there still a working bar there before / after games?

Nope closed years ago. You could email the club and ask if there are any additional Albion Bar memberships available.

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2023, 09:55 AM
Hopefully there are plans to do something with the space there.

With the hospitality doing so well in the West stand, it would maybe make sense to do something similar if a regular bar doesn't bring in enough money.

Corstorphine Hibby
18-12-2023, 09:58 AM
Nope closed years ago. You could email the club and ask if there are any additional Albion Bar memberships available.

Good luck with that. There's a circa 300 person waiting list, or as our pink chums would put it, 7000.

Bridge hibs
18-12-2023, 10:12 AM
I loved the old “Almond Suite” as it was known in the day for the reason it was great to get in early, grab a few beers and have a blether about the game ahead or previous games and it always had a chilled atmosphere with a bit of a buzz

It was beset with problems though and as it became busier staff struggled at the bar with endless long queues. Pint pouring was one of the root causes too as the lager just dribbled out of the tap and either ran out, not enough gas or it was just flat, this made worse when folk like me were purchasing 4 pint pitchers

A bottle bar would have remedied many issues for starters. I suppose all that aside, as busier the place got folk started “reserving” tables, one person sitting at a table of 8 nursing a flat coke and strategically placing jackets, jerseys, scarves etc over the remaining empty seats for the mates whilst others including elderly had to stand

Bingo hall mentality had kicked in and that along with all the above just turned the place into a no go zone for us. Hopefully if it does open then hibs will listen to fans and create a space worthy of visiting

Oh and start with a bottle bar

Hibernian Verse
18-12-2023, 10:17 AM
Good luck with that. There's a circa 300 person waiting list, or as our pink chums would put it, 7000.

Surely not? I read on here it would have no interest and was a waste of money?

MikeyS
18-12-2023, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know what time the Albion Bar is likely to be open until after the Derby?

Trinity Hibee
18-12-2023, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know what time the Apbion Bar is likely to be open until after the Derby?

Does it stay open after evening games? Never been so don’t know.

Eaststand
18-12-2023, 11:27 AM

I nipped into the Famous Five Stand and the old BTG area last week to donate some warm coats for the Community Foundation appeal.
The very helpful person who met me and was storing the coats told me there were plans to upgrade the BTG area very soon, so hopefully that will actually happen.

GGTTH

Godsahibby
18-12-2023, 11:38 AM
Albion Bar has about 300 on a wait list. Plan is to renovate the area behind the goals with something similar and should hopefully be in place for the new season.

Godsahibby
18-12-2023, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know what time the Albion Bar is likely to be open until after the Derby?

Normally open a few hours after final whistle.

Not In The Know
18-12-2023, 11:41 AM
I loved the old “Almond Suite” as it was known in the day for the reason it was great to get in early, grab a few beers and have a blether about the game ahead or previous games and it always had a chilled atmosphere with a bit of a buzz

It was beset with problems though and as it became busier staff struggled at the bar with endless long queues. Pint pouring was one of the root causes too as the lager just dribbled out of the tap and either ran out, not enough gas or it was just flat, this made worse when folk like me were purchasing 4 pint pitchers

A bottle bar would have remedied many issues for starters. I suppose all that aside, as busier the place got folk started “reserving” tables, one person sitting at a table of 8 nursing a flat coke and strategically placing jackets, jerseys, scarves etc over the remaining empty seats for the mates whilst others including elderly had to stand

Bingo hall mentality had kicked in and that along with all the above just turned the place into a no go zone for us. Hopefully if it does open then hibs will listen to fans and create a space worthy of visiting

Oh and start with a bottle bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7zJHH704oM

job done!

Nicho87
18-12-2023, 11:42 AM
Season ticket holders just wanting a pint should have an option within the club to pop in for one or two

This buying a season ticket scheme clearly shows the demand is there.

Maybe something the new part invester may look to change for max revenue

.Sean.
18-12-2023, 11:47 AM
Wonder if both floors in the F5 will be redeveloped. The top floor in particular was in a very sad state and full of pigeons

joe breezy
18-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the replies
Sorry to hear - I struggled to get two season tickets together
Surely Hibs can muster up the cash to create a quality space - the west stand hospitality seems to be well sold out

joe breezy
18-12-2023, 02:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7zJHH704oM

job done!

Perfect 👌

eastterrace
18-12-2023, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the replies
Sorry to hear - I struggled to get two season tickets together
Surely Hibs can muster up the cash to create a quality space - the west stand hospitality seems to be well sold out I’m sure I saw it would cost over 500 thou to bring it up to scratch so that’s a lot to muster up.

McD
18-12-2023, 03:11 PM
I’m sure I saw it would cost over 500 thou to bring it up to scratch so that’s a lot to muster up.

Can’t see the club sinking that kind of money into BTG and keeping it free access

And that’s before the uproar amongst the fans if that kind of money is spent when the team could do with the investment.