PDA

View Full Version : What's your ultimate SPFL line up ?

worcesterhibby
15-12-2023, 02:40 PM
With talk of who might go down and who might come up to form the league next season I just wondered what everyones hopes are.

Personally I'd like to see Dunfermline and Dundee utd promoted as they are both great away matches and bringing the dundee derby back to the top flight would improve the league
I'd have Livingstone relegated to get rid of that horrible pitch but I'm undecided on who else... St Johnstone under Harry Potter would be funny, but I don't mind the saints really. Maybe Motherwell, but probably Ross County..just cos it's a god forsaken place to travel to in the winter.

I also wouldn't mind Inverness back in the top flight if Big Dunc stays manager.. he's box office :greengrin

so probably....

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Paul1642
15-12-2023, 02:45 PM
With talk of who might go down and who might come up to form the league next season I just wondered what everyones hopes are.

Personally I'd like to see Dunfermline and Dundee utd promoted as they are both great away matches and bringing the dundee derby back to the top flight would improve the league
I'd have Livingstone relegated to get rid of that horrible pitch but I'm undecided on who else... St Johnstone under Harry Potter would be funny, but I don't mind the saints really. Maybe Motherwell, but probably Ross County..just cos it's a god forsaken place to travel to in the winter.

I also wouldn't mind Inverness back in the top flight if Big Dunc stays manager.. he's box office :greengrin

so probably....

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Disregarding pitches your list is pretty much what I would go for however unfortunately for them Kilmarnock are gonna have to go due to their plastic pitch.

Partick Thistle or Inverness can take their place.

Mcbizz1998
15-12-2023, 02:45 PM

so probably....

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Quite like that line-up, I would add QoTS for selfish reasons and swap them for St Johnstone as they are a piddly wee club who Hibs find annoyingly difficult to beat!

King Cosell
15-12-2023, 02:46 PM

so probably....

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Out: Livi & Ross County (I like them but they're too far away) or St Johnstone.

In: I'd be happy with Dundee Utd & Raith.

worcesterhibby
15-12-2023, 03:01 PM
Out: Livi & Ross County (I like them but they're too far away) or St Johnstone.

In: I'd be happy with Dundee Utd & Raith.

Raith have a plastic pitch don't they ? we don't won't more of that nonsense ! IMHO

worcesterhibby
15-12-2023, 03:01 PM
Disregarding pitches your list is pretty much what I would go for however unfortunately for them Kilmarnock are gonna have to go due to their plastic pitch.

Partick Thistle or Inverness can take their place.

At least Killi have committed to getting rid and putting down grass

Tambo
15-12-2023, 05:01 PM
Would like to see The rangers fold.

greenlex
15-12-2023, 05:31 PM

so probably....

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone
id expand the league to 16 teams and add
Raith Rovers
Partick Thistle
Livingston
and Falkirk to it. All subject to grass pitches.

HoboHarry
15-12-2023, 05:32 PM
Would like to see The rangers fold.
I'm with you there.

Pretty Boy
15-12-2023, 05:45 PM
id expand the league to 16 teams and add
Raith Rovers
Partick Thistle
Livingston
and Falkirk to it. All subject to grass pitches.

Swap Livingston for Ayr or Queen of the South and I'm on board.

babahibs
15-12-2023, 05:46 PM
Hibs
Hearts
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd
Dundee
St Johnstone
Raith Rovers
Dunfermline
Falkirk
St Mirren
Partick
Motherwell

Old firm who?

supermcginn
15-12-2023, 05:48 PM

so probably....

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Raith rovers in for st Johnstone and then that's perfect.

MKHIBEE
15-12-2023, 05:48 PM

so probably....

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Replace Celtic & Rangers with Partick and Dunfermline and I’m happy

jacomo
15-12-2023, 06:15 PM
For reasons that I don’t quite understand, I think it benefits the league having a highlands team in the top flight - not really for football reasons, but it feels distinctively Scottish to have mad away trips to the far north.

:greengrin

The Modfather
15-12-2023, 06:20 PM
On a similar theme what would an all time SPL Non Old Firm team look like? Trying not to be too Hibs biased, and probably forgot loads from the late 90s/00s when all clubs were throwing money around. Not sure on Whittaker or McCann, but my quick stab at a team.

Craig Gordon

Andy Robertson
Russel Anderson (my memory of him is single handedly repelling us for 3 or 4 seasons at ER in smash and grabs)
Franck Sauzee
Steven Whittaker

Neil McCann
John McGinn
Scott Brown
Martin Boyle

Canigga
Fletcher

Eyrie
15-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Hibs
Aberdeen
Ayr United
Dundee
Dundee United
Dunfermline
Hearts
Kilmarnock
Morton
Motherwell
Raith Rovers
St Mirren

Some cracking derbies in there.

HoboHarry
15-12-2023, 07:04 PM
On a similar theme what would an all time SPL Non Old Firm team look like? Trying not to be too Hibs biased, and probably forgot loads from the late 90s/00s when all clubs were throwing money around. Not sure on Whittaker or McCann, but my quick stab at a team.

Craig Gordon

Andy Robertson
Russel Anderson (my memory of him is single handedly repelling us for 3 or 4 seasons at ER in smash and grabs)
Franck Sauzee
Steven Whittaker

Neil McCann
John McGinn
Scott Brown
Martin Boyle

Canigga
Fletcher
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Gordon, Whittaker, Brown, Cannigia and McCann al played for the uglies?

The Modfather
15-12-2023, 07:07 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Gordon, Whittaker, Brown, Cannigia and McCann al played for the uglies?

There wasn’t much science to my musings. More players that had a career in the SPL and made their name before playing for the Old Firm rather than having never played for them at all.

HoboHarry
15-12-2023, 07:09 PM
There wasn’t much science to my musings. More players that had a career in the SPL and made their name before playing for the Old Firm rather than having never played for them at all.
Fair enough :aok:

AL-Qaholik
15-12-2023, 07:10 PM
Hibs
Hearts
Aberdeen
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Dunfermline
Motherwell
St. Mirren
Partick
Raith
St. Johnstone
Kilmarnock

Trinity Hibee
15-12-2023, 09:46 PM
Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Partick Thistle

ElginHibbie
15-12-2023, 09:53 PM
Hibs
Hearts
Celtic
Rangers
Aberdeen
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Inverness
Ross County
Motherwell
St Johnstone

Kilmarnock and st mirren can fight it out for last place

My northern bias on full show

PHeffernan
15-12-2023, 11:31 PM
Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Falkirk

The 12 best supported teams in the country

worcesterhibby
16-12-2023, 01:00 AM
Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Dunfermline
Kilmarnock
Motherwell
Falkirk

The 12 best supported teams in the country

Maybe...but Falkirk...really ?

Speedy
16-12-2023, 01:16 AM

Craig Gordon

Andy Robertson
Franck Sauzee
Steven Whittaker

Neil McCann
John McGinn
Scott Brown
Martin Boyle

Canigga
Fletcher

He's obviously gone on to great things, and I didnt see much of him at Utd. But not convinced I'd have Robertson in the team.

Fyssas and Murphy both come to mind.

And that's before looking at prior generations.

PHeffernan
16-12-2023, 01:29 AM
Maybe...but Falkirk...really ?

They currently play in the 3rd tier yet have higher average home attendances than Ross County this season.
Their large fan base would be a financial benefit to the top division.
The only downside, and it is a big one, is they play on a plastic pitch.

sambajustice
16-12-2023, 08:03 AM
Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Dundee
St Mirren
Greenock Morton
Dunfermline
Raith Rovers
Motherwell

Carheenlea
16-12-2023, 09:06 AM
They currently play in the 3rd tier yet have higher average home attendances than Ross County this season.
Their large fan base would be a financial benefit to the top division.
The only downside, and it is a big one, is they play on a plastic pitch.

And a stadium which despite looking quite impressive from the outside is a proper bleak one in reality. I’d prefer if they slipped down divisions rather than up.

andrew70
16-12-2023, 09:10 AM
Celtic
Rangers
Hibs
Hearts
Motherwell
Airdrie
Dundee
Dundee United
Dunfermline
Raith Rovers
St Mirren
Greenock Morton
Partick Thistle
Ross County
Inverness CT
Falkirk

No more of this 12 team stuff. 16 team league.

Carheenlea
16-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Celtic
Motherwell
St Johnstone
Dunfermline
Dundee
Dundee Utd
Aberdeen
St Mirren
Ross County

A plastic pitch free zone, good away days and four sided stadiums.

DH1875
16-12-2023, 09:58 AM
Take Partick Thistle over Falkirk every day of the week.

.Sean.
16-12-2023, 10:01 AM
Hibs
Hearts
Aberdeen
Dundee Utd
Dundee
St Johnstone
Raith Rovers
Dunfermline
Falkirk
St Mirren