PDA

View Full Version : Shankland

Hibernian Verse
09-12-2023, 04:36 PM
Possible ban incoming, gave the Aberdeen fans the finger at the end of the game.

https://x.com/trail_ethan/status/1733532150031396989?s=46&t=WUR9SS3BXWGc1OL3kjGing

CapitalGreen
09-12-2023, 04:43 PM
Possible ban incoming, gave the Aberdeen fans the finger at the end of the game.

https://x.com/trail_ethan/status/1733532150031396989?s=46&t=WUR9SS3BXWGc1OL3kjGing

It’s Hearts, nothing will happen

ian cruise
09-12-2023, 04:44 PM
Radio was saying that after Shankland Hearts next top scorer is Own Goals. Far to say without him they're in trouble.

WeeRussell
09-12-2023, 04:57 PM
Don’t suppose there’s any chance he misses the derby? 😁

Donegal Hibby
09-12-2023, 04:58 PM
In a really good mood across the road 😂😂😂
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/202666-we-are-crap/

Since90+2
09-12-2023, 05:01 PM
Should be banned for that.

bingo70
09-12-2023, 05:04 PM

Hilarious rivalry bantz aside, is that something that players get banned for? Is there a precedent for a player being banned for that?

If so, why would it be the derby he’s banned for?

Pretty Boy
09-12-2023, 05:06 PM
He should know better but what have the guys been aiming at him?

I know there is an argument about setting an example and professional responsibility and whatever but it always amazes me that fans think nothing of jeering, booing and abusing a player for 90+ minutes then start screaming for bans when a player gives a bit back.

He's stuck a finger up for what? 3 seconds. And because someone has their phone out he may well end up with a ban (which is good news for us as a rival) whilst the guys in the stand go home and think no more about what they have been bellowing out all afternoon.

Same thing happened at ER a few years back with Boruc. Guys screaming dogs abuse at him all day, he stuck a finger up and a group of the guys it was aimed at were running to the police wanting him arrested FFS.

Wheat Hound
09-12-2023, 05:06 PM
Hilarious rivalry bantz aside, is that something that players get banned for? Is there a precedent for a player being banned for that?

Did Griffiths and Fenlon not get in trouble for giving it the old GIRFUY gestures against Rangers and Hearts respectively?

WeeRussell
09-12-2023, 05:07 PM

Did Griffiths get any external punishment for his gesture at Hibs fans while at us? albeit wasn’t a finger if memory serves..

Callum_62
09-12-2023, 05:07 PM

If so, why would it be the derby he’s banned for?Didn't Griffiths get a ban for doing similar to the FF stand?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

grunt
09-12-2023, 05:08 PM
Did Griffiths and Fenlon not get in trouble for giving it the old GIRFUY gestures against Rangers and Hearts respectively?
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/one-match-ban-offer-for-hibss-leigh-griffiths-after-gesture-to-his-own-fans-1647637

2012, so maybe times have changed?

CapitalGreen
09-12-2023, 05:08 PM

Fenlon got a 4 match ban for a GIRUY gesture.

Griffiths got two seperate 1 match bans for gestures to Hibs and Rangers fans.

Real Emerald
09-12-2023, 05:10 PM

Did Griffiths not get banned for a get it up you gesture to his own Hibs fans?

bingo70
09-12-2023, 05:11 PM

I know there is an argument about setting an example and professional responsibility and whatever but it always amazes me that fans think nothing of jeering, booing and abusing a player for 90+ minutes then start screaming for bans when a player gives a bit back.

He's stuck a finger up for what? 3 seconds. And because someone has their phone out he may well end up with a ban (which is good news for us as a rival) whilst the guys in the stand go home and think no more about what they have been bellowing out all afternoon.

Same thing happened at ER a few years back with Boruc. Guys screaming dogs abuse at him all day, he stuck a finger up and a group of the guys it was aimed at were running to the police wanting him arrested FFS.

I agree.

I don’t think players should be banned for that. Be funny if he did though.

The Harp Awakes

Hopefully including the Hibs game :cb

Since90+2

Pretty sure Fenlon got a ban for doing the same in the 2012 final.

Onceinawhile
09-12-2023, 05:14 PM

Leigh Griffiths was banned (twice possibly) for giving a giruy to his own fans.

Twice as noted above. Only a one game ban though.

Since90+2
09-12-2023, 05:17 PM

I get all that and kind of agree, but the precedent is there so he should be banned.

JimBHibees
09-12-2023, 05:27 PM
Did Griffiths not get banned for a get it up you gesture to his own Hibs fans?

Griffiths had about two or three that season may actually have been more. One against Rangers one at Cowdenbeath one at a random home game. Not that there was a campaign against him right enough.

GloryGlory
09-12-2023, 05:36 PM
In a really good mood across the road 😂😂😂
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/202666-we-are-crap/

They're torn whether to blame their crap players or Stevie Naebadges.

****ting if if Shankland should move on.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

truehibernian
09-12-2023, 05:42 PM
Should have been sent off today regardless, he was on a yellow and blatantly pushed an Aberdeen player off the ball like the wee coward he is, as well as squaring up to players when there was a rammy after one of their players was carded. Referee bottled it. He gets away with murder.

JohnM1875
09-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Hope he ****s off to Sevco in January. They’d be struggling if that happened.

Baader
09-12-2023, 05:45 PM
They're no happy. Imagine hounding out Neilson and ending up with Naismith? :faf:

Since90+2
09-12-2023, 06:12 PM
Big club tho 😅 I see their fans came dressed as seats at the Sevco game midweek. Gorgie tramps.

Since452
09-12-2023, 06:40 PM
Hearts are a one man team. He's absolutely carrying them.

bingo70
09-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Hearts are a one man team. He's absolutely carrying them.

Not healthy for any club to be so reliant on one person for goals.

Be interested to know what % of their goals he’s scored this season. Whatever it is, it’s not sustainable and why I think they’ll fall away as the season goes on.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2023, 06:56 PM

Be interested to know what % of their goals he’s scored this season. Whatever it is, it’s not sustainable and why I think they’ll fall away as the season goes on.

I think it's 7 of the 15 they have scored in the league.

bingo70
09-12-2023, 07:01 PM
I think it's 7 of the 15 they have scored in the league.

% please PB, I’m no Carol Vorderman.

15 goals by this stage of the season is a pathetic tally. I remember AC Milan won Seria A scoring about 33 goals in a season in the early 90s but Hearts don’t have Baresi and Maldini at the back.

Carheenlea
09-12-2023, 07:01 PM

There were 10 assorted missiles thrown at his forehead from the home stands. All 10 hit him.

HoboHarry
09-12-2023, 07:11 PM
There were 10 assorted missiles thrown at his forehead from the home stands. All 10 hit him.

Lifetime riddy for anyone missing that heid, jeezo, he's the Gorgie Shrek.

NC1875
09-12-2023, 07:13 PM

I could throw something from my house with my eyes shut and I couldny miss that heed

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-12-2023, 07:14 PM
Lifetime riddy for anyone missing that heid, jeezo, he's the Gorgie Shrek.

Snipers dream.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2023, 07:31 PM
% please PB, I’m no Carol Vorderman.

15 goals by this stage of the season is a pathetic tally. I remember AC Milan won Seria A scoring about 33 goals in a season in the early 90s but Hearts don’t have Baresi and Maldini at the back.

45.67%😉

Basically without him they are ****ed.

HoboHarry
09-12-2023, 07:41 PM
Snipers dream.

Nae need for a sniper. Could hit that heed fae 1 1/2 miles away without even using a telescopic sight.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-12-2023, 08:04 PM
Surely that Baningime yellow should've been upgraded to a red, shocker of a challenge.

DIXIHIBS
09-12-2023, 08:09 PM

OGs are hertz 2nd top scorer this season 😀😀

McD
09-12-2023, 08:31 PM
I agree.

I don’t think players should be banned for that. Be funny if he did though.

Me too, if fans want to dish out dogs abuse during the game, they should be able to take some back from the players.

Phil MaGlass
10-12-2023, 06:35 AM
Should have been sent off today regardless, he was on a yellow and blatantly pushed an Aberdeen player off the ball like the wee coward he is, as well as squaring up to players when there was a rammy after one of their players was carded. Referee bottled it. He gets away with murder.

I think he will be moving, hes angling for it

worcesterhibby
10-12-2023, 08:04 AM
45.67%😉

Dont exaggerate PB its 45.666666% recurring 😉

flash
10-12-2023, 08:06 AM
I think he will be moving, hes angling for it

He definitely is.

Never looks happy even when he scores.

Hibs90
10-12-2023, 08:10 AM
Will be off to the full fats in January and the Jumbos might be in bother. :cb

green day
10-12-2023, 08:13 AM
Me too, if fans want to dish out dogs abuse during the game, they should be able to take some back from the players.

Indeed - it would certainly help us if he got a ban, but that would be crazy.

You can almost guarantee the guy posting the video was calling Shankland a "fat *******" a few moments before.

Since90+2
10-12-2023, 08:16 AM
Whether or not players should be able to give a bit back is irrelevant when it comes to a ban. Players and managers have been suspended for it previously so there should be no doubt at all Shankland should receive the same.

The video evidence is as clear as day.

Since452
10-12-2023, 08:35 AM
Surely that Baningime yellow should've been upgraded to a red, shocker of a challenge.

Was he the guy they were saying was brilliant and they were going to sell in for millions?

Not In The Know
10-12-2023, 08:47 AM
He’s put the beef on again.

DIXIHIBS
10-12-2023, 08:50 AM

7 bookings for that mob yesterday.

J-C
10-12-2023, 09:00 AM
I watched the highlights last night, is it just me but Shankland looks well overweight for a pro footballer, he has a belly on him that Morelos would be proud of.

CentreLine
10-12-2023, 09:04 AM
Still a dangerous player, regardless of his shape.
Also a dirty player, constantly throwing elbows in tackles and digging at players off the ball. I do not understand how he manages to survive 45 mins on the pitch, let alone
90+

JimBHibees
10-12-2023, 09:07 AM
Whether or not players should be able to give a bit back is irrelevant when it comes to a ban. Players and managers have been suspended for it previously so there should be no doubt at all Shankland should receive the same.

The video evidence is as clear as day.

Agree other players and managers have been banned for this so he should too.

Bostonhibby
10-12-2023, 09:10 AM
I watched the highlights last night, is it just me but Shankland looks well overweight for a pro footballer, he has a belly on him that Morelos would be proud of.Maybe sevco are looking to fill the Morelos role? Ticks a lot of boxes.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MKHIBEE
10-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Maybe sevco are looking to fill the Morelos role? Ticks a lot of boxes.

Unfortunately the Morelos comparison won’t extend to his next team being relegated

Bostonhibby
10-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately the Morelos comparison won’t extend to his next team being relegated[emoji16]

GreenCastle
10-12-2023, 09:35 AM
The sooner he leaves Hearts the better..hopefully in January.

He’s scored around 31 goals in a season and a half - think of all the points that’s added up to for Hearts.

Take him out and they lose their captain and main goal threat.

greenlex
10-12-2023, 09:43 AM
My thoughts exactly. It was nearly waist high. :confused:

Bridge hibs
10-12-2023, 10:26 AM
Maybe sevco are looking to fill the Morelos role? Ticks a lot of boxes.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkAye 20” pizza boxes after the contents have been demolished

Renfrew_Hibby
10-12-2023, 10:31 AM
7 bookings for that mob yesterday.

Any potential suspensions for the derby?

Since452
10-12-2023, 11:08 AM
Reminds me a bit of how much we relied on Griffiths back in the day. You wonder how poor they'd be without him.

heretoday
10-12-2023, 12:07 PM
He's getting on. He should be looking to England for his next move.

Bridge hibs
10-12-2023, 12:21 PM
He's getting on. He should be looking to England for his next move.

He is getting fatter, he will be looking to Pizza Hut for his next move

Keith_M
10-12-2023, 12:25 PM
I think this is a big deal about nothing. The guy was getting abuse, got frustrated and gestured in the heat of the moment.

I personally think even a fine would be way over the top but that's the absolute max that should hapoen

Carheenlea
10-12-2023, 01:06 PM
I think this is a big deal about nothing. The guy was getting abuse, got frustrated and gestured in the heat of the moment.

I personally think even a fine would be way over the top but that's the absolute max that should hapoen

Agree.

Football fans must be some of the thinnest skinned people out there. Spend your afternoon abusing the opposition fans and players, even have a pop at your own on occasion! Soon as someone gives you something back it’s like a 4 year old running to the nursery teacher.

I’d actually like to see more of players giving it plenty to the fans. One of my favourite goal celebrations was Bobby Thompson giving the Hearts fans a couple of GIRUY’s at ER in the 80’s before wheeling away towards main stand.

neil7908
10-12-2023, 01:16 PM

I agree with you. But the issue here is that other players have been punished for similar.

We need consistency on this. It's either an issue or its not, and as others have pointed out, we've been done for similar things in the past.

WeeRussell
10-12-2023, 02:48 PM

Me too.. but I also think he should miss the derby as a result.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-12-2023, 03:20 PM
A suspension is way over the top, however that’s the rules so that’s what must happen. Griffiths got suspended for swearing at his own fans when with us, never mind the opposition

PatHead
10-12-2023, 03:43 PM
As they play Celtic next weekend he will probably be suspended for that.

lapsedhibee
10-12-2023, 07:16 PM
45.67%😉

New calculator from Santa.

lapsedhibee
10-12-2023, 07:17 PM
Dont exaggerate PB its 45.666666% recurring 😉

New calculator from Santa.

ekhibee
10-12-2023, 07:57 PM
I remember the Hibs fans singing So ****in Ugly to Steve Fulton who got booked for reacting to it. Then we started singing Booked For Being Ugly. Ach it was a long time ago...

Cammy
10-12-2023, 08:01 PM
I remember the Hibs fans singing So ****in Ugly to Steve Fulton who got booked for reacting to it. Then we started singing Booked For Being Ugly. Ach it was a long time ago...

I'm sure, if memory serves me, even Fulton smiled at that one! :greengrin

linlithgowhibbie
10-12-2023, 09:08 PM
I'm sure, if memory serves me, even Fulton smiled at that one! :greengrin

Think he even clapped the East choir whilst laughing at it.

Eyrie
10-12-2023, 09:27 PM

Said reaction being to blow the old East a kiss. Don't think any Hibs fans were bothered by that.

It was the linesman on that side who grassed him to the ref.

SanFranHibs
11-12-2023, 12:43 AM

Agreed and in fact I think he was just responding to taunts that he was grossly overweight, 'One stone overweight, one stone'

BILLYHIBS
11-12-2023, 05:47 AM
Storm in a teacup

I thought he took his goal well for a wee fat barra

Starting to remind me of another wee fat barra that used to haunt us

Hopefully he is Ibrox bound or anywhere bound asap

Good player

Aldo
11-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Not sure if this had been posted or where to post it so apologises

Seen Boyce triggered a years extension with our gorgie chums. Not sure he was in their plans but 7k a week for another year hits them hard!

32 year old injury prone brilliant!

Rumble de Thump
11-12-2023, 10:15 AM
New SFA rule means players can't be charged over gestures (September, 2017) (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/new-sfa-rule-means-players-cant-be-charged-over-gestures-1439391)

Mcbizz1998
11-12-2023, 10:19 AM
Storm in a teacup

I thought he took his goal well for a wee fat barra

Starting to remind me of another wee fat barra that used to haunt us

Hopefully he is Ibrox bound or anywhere bound asap

Good player

Agree, another one who apparently wasn't good enough for us and wouldn't cut it in the Prem. It was an absolute nap he would do well at this level, we didn't even try to sign him!

Hibbyradge
11-12-2023, 10:21 AM
we didn't even try to sign him!

Are you sure?

theonlywayisup
11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Non-serious question incoming, but............now that we got allegedly £1.2m for Melkerson, do you think we should bid for Shankland? Would he improve what we've got?

Mcbizz1998
11-12-2023, 01:55 PM
Non-serious question incoming, but............now that we got allegedly £1.2m for Melkerson, do you think we should bid for Shankland? Would he improve what we've got?

Yes, of course he would.

Libby Hibby
11-12-2023, 02:04 PM

Hmmm, I’m not sure he would.

WeeRussell
11-12-2023, 02:25 PM

100% - he’s probably the best Scottish finisher around.

Only Celtic fans could claim with any real seriousness that he wouldn’t be an improvement to their best starting team.

greenlex
11-12-2023, 03:12 PM

Only Celtic fans could claim with any real seriousness that he wouldn’t be an improvement to their best starting team.
He’s a better option than Oh.

HoboHarry
11-12-2023, 03:20 PM

I read he has scored 7 this season - anyone know how many were penalties if that number is correct?

Rumble de Thump
11-12-2023, 04:08 PM
Vente, Le Fondre, Doidge and Campbell have all got a better goals to minutes ratio than Shankland so far this season.

Just going by the goals and assists stats (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers), Daniel Armstrong would be a player worth looking at.

11-12-2023, 04:10 PM
Radio was saying that after Shankland Hearts next top scorer is Own Goals. Far to say without him they're in trouble.

So if Shankland is sold in January this Owen Goals fella is in with a good shout for their player of the year. 🤔

JeMeSouviens
11-12-2023, 04:14 PM
I read he has scored 7 this season - anyone know how many were penalties if that number is correct?

I'm pretty sure that, unbelievable as it might seem, they've not had a penalty this season. :eek:

Rumble de Thump
11-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Hearts and Ross County are the only teams that haven't had a penalty so far in the league this season. We've had one. Celtic, 9. Sevco, 8.

Keith_M
11-12-2023, 06:54 PM
I agree with you. But the issue here is that other players have been punished for similar.

We need consistency on this. It's either an issue or its not, and as others have pointed out, we've been done for similar things in the past.

:agree:

Absolutely agree on the consistency part.

WeeRussell
11-12-2023, 10:48 PM

There used to be a prolific poster on here who was never wrong or annoying that assured us he only scores penalties and is crap.

So it must be 7 penalties 👍

Mind you someone also told us Martin Boyle was going nowhere a few weeks before he started playing in Saudi, and then confirmed he definitely wouldn’t be back shortly before he returned to equalise in the derby.

In short, I really don’t know Hobo 😁

Bridge hibs
11-12-2023, 11:16 PM
There used to be a prolific poster on here who was never wrong or annoying that assured us he only scores penalties and is crap.

Aye but it wasnt just me though 🫢

LaMotta
11-12-2023, 11:25 PM

Has he gone?! What did he do?!

WeeRussell
12-12-2023, 08:43 PM
Aye but it wasnt just me though 🫢

I don’t believe you’re ever annoying, Bridge 😁

Hibbyradge
12-12-2023, 08:46 PM

Mind you someone also told us Martin Boyle was going nowhere a few weeks before he started playing in Saudi, and then confirmed he definitely wouldn’t be back shortly before he returned to equalise in the derby.

In short, I really don’t know Hobo 😁

:faf:

WeeRussell
12-12-2023, 08:47 PM
:faf:

Blow your noses and seize him!

Hibbyradge
12-12-2023, 08:54 PM
Has he gone?! What did he do?!

I think he carelessly forgot to get the last word in an argument and committed virtual Hari-Kari.