PDA

View Full Version : Spl referees

Callum_62
09-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Where was it you could see where our referees are from? I'm sure all or most of the spl refs are Glasgow but I can't see whatever it was was a whole ago that showed that?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

PatHead
09-12-2023, 03:34 PM
They don't show it now since a referee had problems after an old firm match.

LunasBoots
09-12-2023, 03:38 PM
All bought by one club

JohnM1875
09-12-2023, 04:03 PM
What the **** was that VAR stuff at the end?! Why show the ref the handball incident before the quite clear offside??

Clear red card for them as well.

Just a really really poor performance from the refs and VAR

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-12-2023, 04:16 PM
What the **** was that VAR stuff at the end?! Why show the ref the handball incident before the quite clear offside??

Clear red card for them as well.

Just a really really poor performance from the refs and VAR

That near side lino was horrendous 💩

Carheenlea
09-12-2023, 04:26 PM
You’d be forgiven for questioning whether or not they actually like football? Seems to be a concentrated effort to ruin any enjoyment for those that do.

Another clown - another farce.

Thankfully we dug out the win despite him.

matty_f
09-12-2023, 04:36 PM
That referee was absolutely dire today. Grim.

And the shambles at the end - ultimately VAR has got the right decision but that’s a straightforward “ref, he’s offside”. Shouldn’t take more than a few seconds.

H18 SFR
09-12-2023, 05:01 PM
Check out Iain Sneddon’s Facebook page as Iain andrew on there. Made his SPFL debut last week at Motherwell. Absolute littered with **** Hibs, Hibs will never beat hearts chat. Total piss take that he thinks it’s appropriate to referee professional football with that kind of stuff publicly available.

LewysGot2
09-12-2023, 05:09 PM

And the shambles at the end - ultimately VAR has got the right decision but that’s a straightforward “ref, he’s offside”. Shouldn’t take more than a few seconds.

It shouldn't need ages of hanging around for someone to finally go "oh by the way OFFSIDE"

JimBHibees
09-12-2023, 05:15 PM
Check out Iain Andrew’s Facebook page. Made his SPFL debut last week at Motherwell. Absolute littered with **** Hibs, Hibs will never beat hearts chat. Total piss take that he thinks it’s appropriate to referee professional football with that kind of stuff publicly available.

Is that genuine? Should never be within a million years of pro football with that chat

Irish_Steve
09-12-2023, 05:21 PM
Check out Iain Andrew’s Facebook page. Made his SPFL debut last week at Motherwell. Absolute littered with **** Hibs, Hibs will never beat hearts chat. Total piss take that he thinks it’s appropriate to referee professional football with that kind of stuff publicly available.

Needs to be screenshotted before he deletes it all and denies it lol

And you can guarantee he’ll be the ref for the Derby!

JohnM1875
09-12-2023, 05:24 PM
Too many Iain Andrew’s for me. But surely he wouldn’t get anywhere near a Hibs or Hearts game.

Saying that, doesn’t mean he couldn’t referee games that would directly affect us.

H18 SFR
09-12-2023, 05:34 PM
Needs to be screenshotted before he deletes it all and denies it lol

And you can guarantee he’ll be the ref for the Derby!

There are more than those.

percy veer
09-12-2023, 05:53 PM

Problem is var got involved in the first place never a pen and should have just Went with on field decision no pen then a corner ,utter nonsense.

Not In The Know
09-12-2023, 06:06 PM
Is this the ref for our game today?

H18 SFR
09-12-2023, 06:06 PM
Is this the ref for our game today?

No. Another referee.

Hibs90
09-12-2023, 06:09 PM
There are more than those.

Astonishing. So he is a new SPFL ref?

H18 SFR
09-12-2023, 06:10 PM
Astonishing. So he is a new SPFL ref?

Yes. Had his first game last week at Motherwell.

greenlex
09-12-2023, 07:16 PM
Yes. Had his first game last week at Motherwell.
Iain Sneddon refereed last weeks match at Motherwell. David Dickinson midweek. I can’t find any ref called Iain Andrews in any Scottish league.

H18 SFR
09-12-2023, 07:28 PM
Iain Sneddon refereed last weeks match at Motherwell. David Dickinson midweek. I can’t find any ref called Iain Andrews in any Scottish league.

It’s definitely him. Checked with my referee mate - name is Iain Andrews on Facebook rather than sneddon. If only my mate said that. Il edit my posts.

greenlex
09-12-2023, 07:29 PM
It’s definitely him. Checked with my referee mate - name is Iain Andrews on Facebook rather than sneddon. If only my mate said that. Il edit my posts.
:aok:

H18 SFR
09-12-2023, 07:30 PM
:aok:

My op has been edited to Sneddon. Thanks for pointing out. Still accurate and correct though. Hates Hibs.

neil7908
09-12-2023, 07:36 PM

That's what drives me mad. Watching the Celtic game earlier in the week and they had replays on Celtic TV within seconds. Tv channels have shown replays from multiple positions before VAR has even got going.

I'm actually quite supportive of VAR but it needs to be much better run and, in Scotland at least, it'll never work when our footballing establishment is set up to the benefit of one team.

B.H.F.C
09-12-2023, 07:40 PM
There were incidents in our game that were absolutely ridiculous.

Our goal being checked for offside for 5 minutes. Why, it was nowhere near.

Our disallowed goal being checked for 5 minutes. Why, it was nowhere near being onside.

They just need to get on with making decisions and getting on with things.

Hibs90
10-12-2023, 08:18 AM
My op has been edited to Sneddon. Thanks for pointing out. Still accurate and correct though. Hates Hibs.

Should make Hibs aware :aok:

Jim44
10-12-2023, 08:34 AM
Listening to Sportsound yesterday, they were quite scathing of the VAR decisions being made. Very critical of human error. A jersey pulling incident sparked a debate about referee inconsistency handling this offence.