Nightmare

Absolute rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRA
06-12-2023, 08:07 PM
Hyperbolic p1sh.

WeeRussell
06-12-2023, 08:09 PM
Hopefully you’ve got the attention you wanted and can now close this crap thread.

HoboHarry
06-12-2023, 08:09 PM
Relegation last season
Scared of his own shadow
Should be nowhere near Hibs
Nightmare
:doh:

JohnM1875
06-12-2023, 08:11 PM
A bit far but I don’t think he’s been great in a Hibs shirt.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2023, 08:22 PM
Prior to tonight we had been unbeaten in 6 and won 3 on the bounce and Levitt was a big part of that. He's been poor tonight but on the whole his contribution lately has been positive.

Exuberance1875
06-12-2023, 08:26 PM
Terrible thread.

silverhibee
06-12-2023, 08:27 PM
Relegation last season
Scared of his own shadow
Nightmare

He hasn’t been great tonight but think you are going over the top about him a bit here, he has talent and another who will get better for us.

JohnM1875
06-12-2023, 08:29 PM
He hasn’t been great tonight but think you are going over the top about him a bit here, he has talent and another who will get better for us.

Of course he will. Other than looking composed on the ball I don’t think he’s been great at us yet though. Actually prefer Newell and Jeggo.

CallumLaidlaw
06-12-2023, 08:38 PM
Of course he will. Other than looking composed on the ball I don’t think he’s been great at us yet though. Actually prefer Newell and Jeggo.

He’s been injured then taken a wee while to get a start. He’s then had to get used to a new style of play later than everyone else. I think him and Newell work well together and Levitt suits NM’s style perfectly.

Diclonius
06-12-2023, 08:43 PM
That us found a new scapegoat aye?

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-12-2023, 08:43 PM
Wtf

JohnM1875
06-12-2023, 08:46 PM
He’s been injured then taken a wee while to get a start. He’s then had to get used to a new style of play later than everyone else. I think him and Newell work well together and Levitt suits NM’s style perfectly.

Definitely. Don’t disagree that he’ll improve. Young as well. Just don’t think he’s been great at us yet whereas Jeggo was playing as well as he ever has at us before being dropped.

Aldo
06-12-2023, 08:47 PM

Jakhog1
06-12-2023, 08:54 PM
Wow, way over the top, you forgot that he isn't long back from injury

Smartie
06-12-2023, 08:56 PM
I have grave reservations about him, fur coat nae knickers type player.

We've had them in the past who we've found systems for and they've gone on to be our best and most potent attacking threats.

If we kid ourselves on that this guy is something that he's not then it's going to cost us big time.

I don't want to criticise him because he is what he is, I just don't see a situation where Montgomery changes his system or Levitt genuinely fits into his current one.

The thread is perfectly justified btw.

Stubbsy90+2
06-12-2023, 09:01 PM

We've had them in the past who we've found systems for and they've gone on to be our best and most potent attacking threats.

If we kid ourselves on that this guy is something that he's not then it's going to cost us big time.

I don't want to criticise him because he is what he is, I just don't see a situation where Montgomery changes his system or Levitt genuinely fits into his current one.

I’m along the same lines. He’s ok. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave here without making much of an impression though.

jeffers
06-12-2023, 09:03 PM
Don’t know what others are seeing but I think he’s a class act.

Tyler Durden
06-12-2023, 09:03 PM

Except he fits the system now.

Was it not you that compared Levitt to Scott Allan and Latapy?! I think you just don’t understand the type of player he is.

dastardly8
06-12-2023, 09:05 PM
It’s the Hibs syndrome , Welsh international was well thought of at Man Utd and very dangerous at Dundee United we always get players who are decent and seem to not use them to their potential

Frazerbob
06-12-2023, 09:10 PM
Relegation last season
Scared of his own shadow
Nightmare

Hahahahahahahagaha

Can we uninvent the internet please.

wookie70
06-12-2023, 09:11 PM
Don’t know what others are seeing but I think he’s a class act. I'm the same. My only complaint is that he is far too deep for us to get the full benefit of his quick passing. Hopefully as we get more comfortable with the passing out from the back he can start moves from 20 yards higher up the park

Unseen work
06-12-2023, 09:13 PM
I'm the same. My only complaint is that he is far too deep for us to get the full benefit of his quick passing. Hopefully as we get more comfortable with the passing out from the back he can start moves from 20 yards higher up the park

This, he and Newell are far too deep.

At the moment we’re playing good passes and they’ll break the lines, but we’re still in our own half and it ends up coming back.

There was a bit tonight on the 90th minute where we must have played about 10 passes and just got to the edge of our 18 yard box where Stevenson ended up losing it

HoboHarry
06-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Poster starts s***e thread then vanishes. Imagine that, has that happened before?

pacoluna
06-12-2023, 09:17 PM
He slows down the transition from defence to attack, like to see him drive forward more.

dastardly8
06-12-2023, 09:22 PM
Needs to be played in the right position for what your saying and should be
He slows down the transition from defence to attack, like to see him drive forward more.

Winston Ingram
06-12-2023, 09:23 PM
To be expected playing in a midfield 2 away at Parkhead.

He was never going to get time on the ball, he isn’t particularly mobile and switches off defensively.

We can get away with it at home against pish but nonsense decision to pick him there today in a 2

Smartie
06-12-2023, 09:26 PM

Was it not you that compared Levitt to Scott Allan and Latapy?! I think you just don’t understand the type of player he is.

It was me.

Scott Allan and Russell Latapy would be lost in this system.

Allan and Latapy were superb, Levitt imo has the potential to be up there with them, but playing him in a 2 in the centre of midfield is suicidal over a season, even if he’d manage to play the odd decent pass or put in the odd decent performance along the way.

At the moment I’d compare him to Chic Charnley - good for the odd exciting moment but doesn’t run enough, defend well enough and he turns a unit into much less than the sum if it’s parts.

hibsbollah
06-12-2023, 09:27 PM

Agree.

Smartie
06-12-2023, 09:28 PM
I'm the same. My only complaint is that he is far too deep for us to get the full benefit of his quick passing. Hopefully as we get more comfortable with the passing out from the back he can start moves from 20 yards higher up the park

Exactly where he needs to be to be effective.

We made the same mistake with Mallan - trusted him there too often because he played well there once, was hopeless many more times and never had the skill set for the position.

Donegal Hibby
06-12-2023, 09:33 PM

He was never going to get time on the ball, he isn’t particularly mobile and switches off defensively.

We can get away with it at home against pish but nonsense decision to pick him there today in a 2

I think Jeggo would have been a better option than Levitt tonight though I'd have probably started with both and Newell tbh .

I like Monty though find his tactics abit naive when it comes to playing the old firm. Though maybe that's just me that thinks that .

NAE NOOKIE
06-12-2023, 09:35 PM

Kind of where I'm at as well. Fully prepared to accept that he came to us without a full pre season and then had a nasty injury.

But in the end this guy cost us between 3 and 4 hundred thousand quid and when a club like us pay that for a player I expect him to stand out and so far Levitt hasn't in any game apart from at home against the Swiss side.

By the time January comes he will have had plenty of games and I for one will want to see him have an impact, not just be neat and tidy. If that doesn't start happening then I'll kind of be thinking the fur coat and nae knickers description is pretty fair.

JimBHibees
06-12-2023, 09:37 PM
Thought he was poor tonight but Stevie Wonder can see he is a very decent player. Not sure we can get away with a Levit Newell at either old firm. A rocket of a thread

Smartie
06-12-2023, 09:37 PM

The more I see this team the more I come round to your thinking re the 433 btw.

Newell, Jeggo and Levitt almost seem like the perfect midfield trio blend for this level on our budget.

I feel bad for criticising him here as he’s being hung out to dry and I actually think he’s got some real talent in there with his weaknesses but he just doesn’t have what it takes to play that role in that system and it will be exposed all the more against the stronger teams in our league.

Winston Ingram
06-12-2023, 09:39 PM
I think Jeggo would have been a better option than Levitt tonight though I'd have probably started with both and Newell tbh .

I like Monty though find his tactics abit naive when it comes to playing the old firm. Though maybe that's just me that thinks that .

Jeggo should’ve been first on the team sheet tonight.

I agree we should’ve started all 3 but this guys only has 1 formation, and 3 into 2 doesn’t go.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-12-2023, 09:43 PM
At least the nonsense thread title has been changed

He was poor. Newell barely got pass marks but the rest of the midfield lost all composure on the ball. We were awful

Could he have sacrificed him for Jeggo from the off? Probably. But a 2 man midfield against the OF and Hearts is asking for trouble imo although I appreciate we also gained 2 draws from these teams too

matty_f
06-12-2023, 09:50 PM

:agree:

Good player has a bad game. It happens.

WeeRussell
06-12-2023, 09:58 PM

While I see where you’re coming from, in fairness, neither was Scott Allan the same ‘type’ of player as Latapy.

Centre Hawf
06-12-2023, 10:05 PM
The annoying thing when we get a class act of a player like Stanton, Sauzee, Brown, Latapy, and especially recently with McGinn is we think we can just go get the next one every window. Levitt is a classy wee player who has taken time to settle and get into a grove between his injury and managerial changes and the fact he has a thread like this is a shambles.

The Harp Awakes
06-12-2023, 10:10 PM
Relegation last season
Scared of his own shadow
Nightmare

I've read some crazy posts on here over the years, but that one takes the top prize for complete garbage.

Wheat Hound
06-12-2023, 10:32 PM
Nonsense thread

Brightside
07-12-2023, 06:26 AM
I dont even think he had a poor game. Please can we have more players like this.

147lothian
07-12-2023, 06:39 AM
From what I've seen of Levitt this season I can fully understand why he was a stand out in an admittedly poor Dun Utd team, he's a class act that can pick out a pass. It is a complete nonsense thread if were going to look for a scape goat for losing against the Champions on their own turf. That result or even worse could have happened to anyone in this league.

Brightside
07-12-2023, 06:53 AM
People on this thread saying he doesn’t stand out in games. I’m honestly not sure what they watch.
He’s getting some stick for losing his marker but i watched him pick up the ball from our CB in a tight space and make appropriate passes to keep the ball. He’s technically our best midfielder and it’s not even close.

green day
07-12-2023, 06:58 AM
People on this thread saying he doesn’t stand out in games. I’m honestly not sure what they watch.
He’s getting some stick for losing his marker but i watched him pick up the ball from our CB in a tight space and make appropriate passes to keep the ball. He’s technically our best midfielder and it’s not even close.

We were saying this on Sunday. Some of the passes he threaded through the eye of a needle were fantastic - we were laughing at some of the comments around us.

There are definitely some people who have either never played football, or still think a midfielder should be shelling it up to the box every time.

We actually have two very good midfielders in Levitt and Newell - if we add another DM to the mix, we need to drop one of our attacking players.
That may happen after January, depending on recruitment, but for the moment the shape and form of the midfield is spot on.

Levitt is a wonderful player, hes not John McGinn, but there are very few in the EPL who are as good as John McGinn................

Stubbsy90+2
07-12-2023, 07:01 AM

He’s got 0 goals and 1 assist in 16 appearances. He doesn’t impact games enough.

He’s neat, he’s tidy, he’s not a bad player. The idea he’s currently a standout though is a huge stretch imo.

theonlywayisup
07-12-2023, 07:11 AM
My view on Levitt is that I'm waiting to be impressed. Admittedly only seen him at Easter Road, apart from Killie away, but I don't recall anything special from him. I do think we need better than him, someone with more drive to play alongside Newell.

I think the OP has been extreme in his views, but I can understand why he is saying it. I'd maybe be less controversial in saying it.

Hibernian Verse
07-12-2023, 07:16 AM
We should never have signed that McGinn boy that got relegated with St Mirren.

erin go bragh
07-12-2023, 07:25 AM
Relegation last season
Scared of his own shadow
Nightmare
You're right about the last word but that describes your post.

WeeRussell
07-12-2023, 07:42 AM

Correct. He’s the only player in the squad that can pass the ball like him.

Smartie
07-12-2023, 08:00 AM

Nobody’s saying he isn’t an excellent passer and doesn’t have a great touch though, he clearly does. And like Scott Allan, I don’t have a problem with him occasionally giving it away because he’s trying something ambitious or going for the type of low percentage / high impact ball that might be the sort of thing that carves open a stout defence like Celtic’s and changes the course of the game.

Do you not think that to be “technically” our best midfielder he needs to be more rounded and to have less flaws? Joe Newell has a touch and a pass but he also has much more bite in the tackle, more mobile, looks quicker, works harder and doesn’t let players run past him as much - all of which are essential attributes for a midfielder, especially if we’re only going to be playing 2?

supermcginn
07-12-2023, 09:10 AM
We were saying this on Sunday. Some of the passes he threaded through the eye of a needle were fantastic - we were laughing at some of the comments around us.

There are definitely some people who have either never played football, or still think a midfielder should be shelling it up to the box every time.

We actually have two very good midfielders in Levitt and Newell - if we add another DM to the mix, we need to drop one of our attacking players.
That may happen after January, depending on recruitment, but for the moment the shape and form of the midfield is spot on.

Levitt is a wonderful player, hes not John McGinn, but there are very few in the EPL who are as good as John McGinn................

A wonderful player! That's some statement.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2023, 09:12 AM

Levitt is definitely a good player. But he needs to start doing a bit more IMO.

Greenbeard
07-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Nobody’s saying he isn’t an excellent passer and doesn’t have a great touch though, he clearly does. And like Scott Allan, I don’t have a problem with him occasionally giving it away because he’s trying something ambitious or going for the type of low percentage / high impact ball that might be the sort of thing that carves open a stout defence like Celtic’s and changes the course of the game.

Do you not think that to be “technically” our best midfielder he needs to be more rounded and to have less flaws? Joe Newell has a touch and a pass but he also has much more bite in the tackle, more mobile, looks quicker, works harder and doesn’t let players run past him as much - all of which are essential attributes for a midfielder, especially if we’re only going to be playing 2?
Clearly does some good things, but........
I was prepared to forgive his lazy tracking back for the Sheep goal in the semi on the presumption that he'd be getting a rollicking for that and told always to work his socks off to get back, so really disappointed to see him being lazy again for their 2nd. Needs to show he will bust a gut as well as doing the pretty pretty stuff otherwise he'll be getting the moniker Dilly Dally Leave It (for someone else to cover).

Victor
07-12-2023, 10:01 AM
If you don’t respond to p**h, they won’t post p**h!

HIBS NUTS
07-12-2023, 10:55 AM
Agree.

He’s been one of the main reasons, we have been on a good run of games.
Excellent at receiving tight balls, and his distribution and retention have been excellent.
All of a sudden we get beat by celtic away, and he’s rubbish.
He needs replaced.
Is he the next victim, now that the newell haters, have disappeared.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2023, 11:18 AM
Relegation last season
Scared of his own shadow
Nightmare

Lol, I got banned for less. :greengrin:greengrin

Since452
07-12-2023, 11:26 AM
Levitt has been fine. Look at Rocky, Tavares, Newell, Marshall, Doidge etc for players who have been slated and come good. He's been at a disadvantage to everyone else this season due to injury. Levitt is a class act and will show his worth

Not In The Know
07-12-2023, 11:30 AM

By all accounts SJM ran the show against city last night!

HoboHarry
07-12-2023, 11:31 AM
By all accounts SJM ran the show against city last night!

He and Douglas Luiz were outstanding, as was Bailey who scored. Some performance from Villa to so dominate City.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2023, 11:32 AM
He and Douglas Luiz were outstanding, as was Bailey who scored. Some performance from Villa to so dominate City.

14 home wins a row for them now?

Not In The Know
07-12-2023, 11:48 AM

And to think of the grief we got when they Gubbed us!

AL-Qaholik
07-12-2023, 11:49 AM
Another one who just doesn't quite suit the NM system, for me.
No doubt there is a very technically gifted player in there but if you're going for a midfield 2, you need someone with much more dig than him, IMO.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2023, 12:09 PM
No doubt there is a very technically gifted player in there but if you're going for a midfield 2, you need someone with much more dig than him, IMO.

I don’t think a lack of dig has been an issue for the most part. Pretty much every system means you’ll sacrifice something and there are obvious sacrifices with only the the two in the middle of the park. But in terms of the way we want to play the ball out, I think Levitt is absolutely crucial to it.

HoboHarry
07-12-2023, 12:55 PM
And to think of the grief we got when they Gubbed us!
Indeed, because apparently even though though they are on a different planet from us in every aspect of the game, just by being committed, we can influence the game to make it at least a competitive affair. Or something like that anyway.

allezsauzee
07-12-2023, 01:00 PM
What's that, 2 defeats in 12 league games, both away to Celtic and Rangers. Seems like it's high time we found a scapegoat for this poor form right enough.

Tyler Durden
07-12-2023, 01:37 PM
It was me.

Scott Allan and Russell Latapy would be lost in this system.

Allan and Latapy were superb, Levitt imo has the potential to be up there with them, but playing him in a 2 in the centre of midfield is suicidal over a season, even if he’d manage to play the odd decent pass or put in the odd decent performance along the way.

At the moment I’d compare him to Chic Charnley - good for the odd exciting moment but doesn’t run enough, defend well enough and he turns a unit into much less than the sum if it’s parts.

All this after a defeat to Celtic? We've played virtually everyone now under Montgomery and we've only lost in Glasgow. So I'm not sure what your analysis is based on.

"the odd decent performance" is just mad. Levitt has been playing well and this role suits him perfectly. He's not there to be box to box. He starts moves from deep and his composure and passing ability help us control games.

HoboHarry
07-12-2023, 01:41 PM
What's that, 2 defeats in 12 league games, both away to Celtic and Rangers. Seems like it's high time we found a scapegoat for this poor form right enough.
Petrie oot.

Tyler Durden
07-12-2023, 01:43 PM
He’s got 0 goals and 1 assist in 16 appearances. He doesn’t impact games enough.

He’s neat, he’s tidy, he’s not a bad player. The idea he’s currently a standout though is a huge stretch imo.

There are 3 central midfielders playing equivalent roles to Levitt with more than 1 assist this season. Phillips at St Johnstone has 2. Newell has 3 and Callum McGregor has 5. Both Newell and McGregor probably have multiple from set pieces.

Assists are not what Levitt's performances are going to be measured by.

Brightside
07-12-2023, 01:44 PM

Doesn’t suit but we’ve only lost one game he’s started 😂

greenlex
07-12-2023, 02:34 PM
He’s a definite upgrade on Ross Chisholm but needs to work on his pointing.

Smartie
07-12-2023, 02:45 PM
All this after a defeat to Celtic? We've played virtually everyone now under Montgomery and we've only lost in Glasgow. So I'm not sure what your analysis is based on.

"the odd decent performance" is just mad. Levitt has been playing well and this role suits him perfectly. He's not there to be box to box. He starts moves from deep and his composure and passing ability help us control games.

No, it's after watching him all season. He's not started all that many games under Montgomery and out of all the games we haven't lost, there's quite a few that we haven't won either.

Don't get me wrong - there's quite a lot that I like about him. And I think an argument can be made that at home against weaker sides when we need to "get at them more" then we might be able to get around his weaknesses having him in a 2 in the middle (I've been frustrated when previous managers have been tentative in these games). But against Rangers and Celtic home and away, against Hearts and Aberdeen and against anybody else who might expect to give us our toughest games I think his weaknesses will be shown up. For someone who hasn't really featured all that much, the instances where his deficiencies have contributed to goals lost are starting to mount up a bit.

Hibiza
07-12-2023, 03:18 PM
Levitt is a good player. Leave him alone.

hibees 7062
07-12-2023, 04:12 PM

Exactly

JimBHibees
07-12-2023, 04:24 PM
Levitt is a good player. Leave him alone.

Absolutely

basehibby
07-12-2023, 09:14 PM
He's been decent so far without setting the heather on fire. I've seen enough in flashes though to be confident we have made a good signing in Levitt. He's always got his head up and looking for a run to pick out and, if he steers clear of injuries I can see him becoming a more influential player as time goes on - for now though he's been good enough to warrant a starting place - although I feel a bit for Jeggo who did nothing to warrant being dropped other than just not being as positive a player (I can understand the argument for playing him away vs Celtic though).

The OP reads like failed satire - Shirley you cannot be serious!

BoomtownHibees
08-12-2023, 07:54 AM
No, it's after watching him all season. He's not started all that many games under Montgomery and out of all the games we haven't lost, there's quite a few that we haven't won either

He’s started 6 league games under Monty and we have won half of them. The only loss he has is away to Celtc. 2 draws where we arguably should have won.

Not sure what kind of win ratio you’d expect

ChuckNor
08-12-2023, 09:54 AM
This is up there with one of the worst threads this site has produced. Guy has been decent with us so far. Clearly has excellent passing ability. A bad game against Celtic (who are well ahead of us) and this thread pops up? Incredible.

ChuckNor
08-12-2023, 09:56 AM
Some posters pretending they are analysts seeing things to criticize no one else can see. Embarrassing. The lad does not deserve a thread like this.

HoboHarry
08-12-2023, 11:44 AM
Some posters pretending they are analysts seeing things to criticize no one else can see. Embarrassing. The lad does not deserve a thread like this.
I said earlier in the thread, the OP started this thread and bolted not to be seen again. Attention seeking nonsense on his part.

Greenbeard
08-12-2023, 12:04 PM

Granted some of the criticism is OTT but everyone can see when him not busting a gut for the team has cost us goals.