PDA

View Full Version : Rocky bushiri

21sMay
03-12-2023, 09:35 PM
What an improvement in this guy , all the attributes to be a top quality center half and is growing in confidence every match . Never beat in a foot race and has massively improved his use of the ball and also his timing in the air

JohnM1875
03-12-2023, 09:44 PM
What an improvement in this guy , all the attributes to be a top quality center half and is growing in confidence every match . Never beat in a foot race and has massively improved his use of the ball and also his timing in the air

A lot of talk about the improvements in Tavares (rightly so) but Rocky has improved so so much over the past year or so. He's turning into a fantastic defender for us. The partnership with Fish is something else. Loving it.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2023, 09:58 PM
Gonna earn us a pretty penny

Guy has everything pace, power, bravery, technique, passing ability, good in the air is calmness personified and most importantly he is a good listener

LJ famously said he wouldn’t sell him for 10m

Would love to see him score

Cult hero

hibsbollah
03-12-2023, 10:00 PM
He was class, and has been for a while. Fish was also outstanding.

Mango Man
03-12-2023, 10:03 PM
He has been pretty dominant in defence this season, reminds of Darren McGregor in style of play, big hulk of a player.

Unseen work
03-12-2023, 10:03 PM
He was really good at times today, he just looks like he’d be an absolute nightmare to try get past.

What I think is really impressive too is that he’s really comfortable on the left side of defence.

I think he’s one where the way he moves with the ball/his technique makes him just look a bit awkward where as he’s generally pretty good

21sMay
03-12-2023, 10:11 PM
He was really good at times today, he just looks like he’d be an absolute nightmare to try get past.

What I think is really impressive too is that he’s really comfortable on the left side of defence.

I think he’s one where the way he moves with the ball/his technique makes him just look a bit awkward where as he’s generally pretty good

Good spot and totally agree , seems to move forward on his left foot very comfortably

Greenio
03-12-2023, 11:05 PM
Agree, that he looks really hard to get passed. There was one point int he second half when a Dons player had it on the right wing, Rocky just stands his ground, makes himself big and you could just tell the player though, 'nah, not trying to get passed that', turn around and played the ball backwards. Great performance and good to see him growing and developing with the new NM system

Criswell
03-12-2023, 11:16 PM
He was class, and has been for a while. Fish was also outstanding.
Agreed, Fish was really solid today, a welcome return to form.

Donegal Hibby
03-12-2023, 11:27 PM
Rocky imo has been improving steadily since last year and I think since Monty has been appointed it's taken him abit of time to adjust to were he's playing and how we play though I think we have a good centre half who's only going to get better too .

Stevie Reid
03-12-2023, 11:46 PM
Very good today, and definitely a huge improvement this season. Used to think he was quite timid for someone with his physique, but that’s been different of late. Left a few bodies strewn in his wake today.

CentreForward
04-12-2023, 12:49 AM
Agree about Rocky and also Fish but why then is it that our defence is still regarded as poor and our weakest link. The full backs maybe?

Since452
04-12-2023, 05:32 AM
Rocky has been very good for a couple of seasons now. Really kicked on last season.

JimBHibees
04-12-2023, 06:04 AM
Agree about Rocky and also Fish but why then is it that our defence is still regarded as poor and our weakest link. The full backs maybe?

Don’t think it is the weakest link. Getting progressively better. Full backs improving also. Won yesterday with a sixteen year old and veteran as full backs. Hopefully Obita isn’t out for long.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2023, 06:24 AM

Don't let brightside see this post.:)

greenlex
04-12-2023, 06:59 AM
We are pretty middle of the road at goals conceded for the season but it is improving. Killie for example are much better at keeping the door shut but not sure I’d swap anything with them. Coincidentally Aberdeen have conceded the most. As long as the goals scored is more than conceded it’ll be just fine.

Crunchie
04-12-2023, 07:03 AM
Don't let brightside see this post.:)
:faf:

Hibernian Verse
04-12-2023, 07:33 AM
We are pretty middle of the road at goals conceded for the season but it is improving. Killie for example are much better at keeping the door shut but not sure I’d swap anything with them. Coincidentally Aberdeen have conceded the most. As long as the goals scored is more than conceded it’ll be just fine.

Goal difference of +4 in the last 6 games now, with the 4th least goals conceded.

MagicSwirlingShip
04-12-2023, 07:47 AM
Brilliant to see him mature infront of our eyes the past few months. Becoming a bit of a cult hero

Walter
04-12-2023, 09:07 AM
Definitely one I've taken to heart after the BS way he was treated by us at first. What great mentality and forgiveness he has to be coming on the way he is

yerauldda
04-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Incredible mental resilience to get to where he's got to after his start at Hibs. Won everything in the air yesterday. He's so quick.
Absolutely nowhere near the finished article but I enjoy watching him play and he's the best centre back at the club. Big fan.

Since452
04-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Definitely one I've taken to heart after the BS way he was treated by us at first. What great mentality and forgiveness he has to be coming on the way he is

Feel exactly the same way.

neil7908
04-12-2023, 09:25 AM
He's immense. Not saying Monty should get all the credit but Marshall, Rocky, Tavares and Miller are practically different players from last season.

The way the manager has us playing puts huge pressure on the defenders to not only stop the opposition, but to repeatedly receive the ball under pressure and make a pass. It's very hard style wise, and Rocky has done exceptionally well.

Bushwoof
04-12-2023, 09:40 AM
Classiest CB we've had for a long time. His positioning and timing for headers especially is several leagues ahead of where he was when he joined. He had Miovski (who is a very good player) in his pocket for most of the game other than one late effort.
Well done Rocky, hope you're here for the long term.

JimBHibees
04-12-2023, 10:33 AM
Classiest CB we've had for a long time. His positioning and timing for headers especially is several leagues ahead of where he was when he joined. He had Miovski (who is a very good player) in his pocket for most of the game other than one late effort.

Not sure that comment re Miovski is accurate given the number of excellent chances he passed up. Agree he has been very good recently

B.H.F.C
04-12-2023, 11:01 AM
Not sure that comment re Miovski is accurate given the number of excellent chances he passed up. Agree he has been very good recently

Agree. There is absolutely no debate that Rocky has improved / is improving. It was poor finishing from Miovski (unusual for him) rather than him being snuffed out yesterday. He was stood on his own about 8 yards out numerous times and managed to keep missing, which I won’t complain about to be fair.

A centre half would still be a priority for me.

flash
04-12-2023, 11:12 AM

No doubt he has improved greatly but you only need to look one position over to see a better centre half.

JimBHibees
04-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Agree. There is absolutely no debate that Rocky has improved / is improving. It was poor finishing from Miovski (unusual for him) rather than him being sniffed out yesterday. He was stood on his own about 8 yards out numerous times and managed to keep missing, which I won’t complain about to be fair.

A centre half would still be a priority for me.

Agree

Northernhibee
04-12-2023, 11:23 AM
Said it before, he reminds me of James McPake. Positioning and decision making has improved but can still be prone to a lapse of concentration.

However his strength, pace, and athleticism means he gets away with it more often than not.

theonlywayisup
04-12-2023, 11:32 AM
Agree with many of the comments on this thread. That said, wonder how different it would have been had Aberdeen scored 3-4 goals that they should have scored, namely the two off the woodwork, the volley just past the post and the penalty.

I do feel that NM is turning things around. At last, I'm seeing a game plan being delivered on the pitch. It will be interesting to see how this develops when NM gets his players into the team.

Back to Rocky, great potential.

flash
04-12-2023, 11:48 AM
Agree with many of the comments on this thread. That said, wonder how different it would have been had Aberdeen scored 3-4 goals that they should have scored, namely the two off the woodwork, the volley just past the post and the penalty.

I do feel that NM is turning things around. At last, I'm seeing a game plan being delivered on the pitch. It will be interesting to see how this develops when NM gets his players into the team.

Back to Rocky, great potential.

We could easily have scored 2 or 3 more too.

KWJ
04-12-2023, 11:57 AM
I think Rocky takes a few games to get running and benefits hugely when the team is playing well. He was on his best run last season before his bad injury against Hearts.

He has all the attributes and comes across like a great guy, hope he keeps kicking on :thumbsup:

The Tubs
04-12-2023, 11:58 AM
I think Rocky takes a few games to get running and benefits hugely when the team is playing well. He was on his best run last season before his bad injury against Hearts.

He has all the attributes and comes across like a great guy, hope he keeps kicking on :thumbsup:

I think he's playing much better now than last year.

LeithMike
04-12-2023, 12:05 PM
It’s a lesson not to pay too much attention to stats. I remember some posters writing off Rocky due to the number goals Hibs conceded when he played. When you looked at his attributes (speed and strength) you could see that he had the potential to really blossom under a good coach.

I really like Rocky. He’s going to make errors now and again but if he keeps improving in his reading of the game then he is going to be a terrific defender.

Fish has also improved since NM has come in.

What a difference a proper coach has made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
04-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Rocky has improved enormously.

Whole hearted, strong as an ox and able to play on his weaker foot, all he needs now is a goal.

Shrekko
04-12-2023, 12:58 PM
Rocky has improved enormously.

Whole hearted, strong as an ox and able to play on his weaker foot, all he needs now is a goal.

Other attribute he has which doesn't get mentioned very often is pace - he is very quick for a centre half.

Must admit I didn't buy too much into his sort of cult hero status last season but I think he has been tremendous recently.

silverhibee
04-12-2023, 01:18 PM

Marshall is getting better. :thumbsup:

Diclonius
04-12-2023, 01:25 PM
Last year of his contract next season, hope we can tie him down on a new deal.

Hibbyradge
04-12-2023, 01:25 PM
I've liked him since he first arrived.

Of course he makes mistakes, every player in the world makes mistakes.

Quite often when things are happening quickly, e.g. in a crowded box, it can be difficult to be sure who did what, but because of his stature and his skin colour, there's no mistaking Rocky back there so every mistake he makes is remembered.

But as others have pointed out, he has the heart of a lion, he's quick and he's strong. In some way he reminds me of Darren McGregor but Rocky is better with the ball at his feet, imo.

Diclonius
04-12-2023, 01:26 PM

Quite often when things are happening quickly, e.g. in a crowded box, it can be difficult to be sure who did what, but because of his stature and his skin colour, there's no mistaking Rocky back there so every mistake he makes is remembered.

But as others have pointed out, he has the heart of a lion, he's quick and he's strong. In some way he reminds me of Darren McGregor but Rocky is better with the ball at his feet, imo.

McGregor is the comparison I'd make too.

McD
04-12-2023, 01:48 PM

McGregor is the comparison I'd make too.

The fact we’re happily making the comparison to DM speaks volumes

percy veer
05-12-2023, 05:39 PM
love it when he keeps it simple, think he has been playing really well recently. loved it last week against dundee when the boy was going through and he stuck him right in the air. sometimes you just need to take a booking

Hibee Mac
05-12-2023, 10:22 PM
He has improved so much recently, really like him and he's on the right trajectory. I probably find myself praising him more than most other players in the team each week.

A few have mentioned his timing with headers, I think it's a great example of how much he's improved since this time last year. Was a big weakness before and now it's a strength.

Credit to Rocky and also to the manager for getting the best out of him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk