PDA

View Full Version : Mixu

James70
02-12-2023, 08:00 AM
Was the guest on A View From the Terrace last night.

A very funny and larger than life character!

Said the job at Hibs as manager probably came too soon for him.

Pretty Boy
02-12-2023, 08:44 AM
He's great value in an interview.

Not watched last night's show yet but heard him on Sacked in the Morning a while back and he was very funny. His story about going to Walter Smith's office after they had their touchline bust up at Ibrox when he was Hibs manager was brilliant.

bod
02-12-2023, 08:58 AM
Any idea where was AVFTT filmed ?

Not In The Know
02-12-2023, 09:14 AM
Jambo twats just can’t help themselves on that show. Justifying their shan big money signings by say we have done the same too with Vente!!!

WeeRussell
02-12-2023, 09:50 AM
Jambo twats just can’t help themselves on that show. Justifying their shan big money signings by say we have done the same too with Vente!!!

To be fair, and I generally didn’t watch the show in the past because I couldn’t be doing with them, we’d probably have said the same if we didn’t watch all their games and seen someone signed as a prolific goalscorer who hasn’t really got going in that department. And it was just a general dig at all of us, hearts and Aberdeen, with the latter getting the vast share of the flack.

Granted Sked still comes across as your quintessential jambo weasel, but I think the boy (Fowler?) is a bit more normal and I don’t think any of them are too unfair. At least relatively speaking!

BoltonHibee
02-12-2023, 10:36 AM

Love listening to the big man, very funny [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's here!
02-12-2023, 11:00 AM

He didn't actually do badly as Hibs boss and I think he's right that he just lacked a bit of experience.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2023, 11:20 AM
Love listening to the big man, very funny [emoji106]

Didnt you bring his breakfast to his bed and tie his shoe laces for him the other week at Burntisland? :wink:

Hiber-nation
02-12-2023, 11:37 AM
He didn't actually do badly as Hibs boss and I think he's right that he just lacked a bit of experience.

The football, if you could call it that, was absolutely brutal.

WeeRussell
02-12-2023, 11:39 AM
The football, if you could call it that, was absolutely brutal.

Definitely a better player than manager, but seemingly an all round good guy.

Johnny_Leith
02-12-2023, 11:44 AM
Legend. Treated terribly when he was manager here, some really disgusting abuse on these forms but a bonafide Hibernian hero.

BoltonHibee
02-12-2023, 12:16 PM
Didnt you bring his breakfast to his bed and tie his shoe laces for him the other week at Burntisland? :wink:

That’s the cost of losing at golf [emoji30]

alhibby
02-12-2023, 12:22 PM
Any idea where was AVFTT filmed ?

Summerhall:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2023, 12:37 PM
I believe that he ingratiated himself with the locals when he turned up in Dickens Lounge for some reason one night.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2023, 01:27 PM
That’s the cost of losing at golf [emoji30]

You are getting good at that matey. :greengrin

supermcginn
02-12-2023, 06:09 PM
Brilliant player, would have loved to have had him here in his prime. He was very poor as manager he signed so many poor players but there has been a lot worse since, fenlon and butcher to name two.

Baader
02-12-2023, 06:24 PM
Years ago when we were students my mate worked in Hibs hospitality. Mixu was still playing for us at the time and there was a players night in the lounge. Might have been end of season or a Christmas party as Mixu was ordering bottles of Champagne. In conversation he discovered it was my mate's birthday that evening. He ordered another bottle of Champagne, paid for it and handed it over to my mate. Great guy and a class act is Mixu.

Hulk1875
02-12-2023, 11:12 PM
Went to Drummond high school 2001-2004 mixu stayed over the road used to stand outside his house singing mixu paatelainen what a ducking signing.. he’s also come over get a kick about in the Astro with us