PDA

View Full Version : Team for Dons?

HFCbingo
01-12-2023, 01:22 AM
Who do you think NM will go with and what is your preferred choice?

HoboHarry
01-12-2023, 01:42 AM
Who do you think MM will go with and what is your preferred choice?

MM? Malky McKay our new manager?

:greengrin

HFCbingo
01-12-2023, 03:22 AM
MM? Malky McKay our new manager?

:greengrin

My drunk finger slipped, haha

HoboHarry
01-12-2023, 04:10 AM
My drunk finger slipped, haha

Said the bishop to the actress......

Nicho87
01-12-2023, 06:30 AM
Marshall
Whittaker / Stevenson
Fish
Bushiri
Obita
Levitt
Newell
Tavares
Campbell
Boyle
Vente

flash
01-12-2023, 06:50 AM
Marshall
Whittaker / Stevenson
Fish
Bushiri
Obita
Levitt
Newell
Tavares
Campbell
Boyle
Vente

Delete that Stevenson at right back option! It's making me nervous just thinking about it.

Pretty Boy
01-12-2023, 06:58 AM
Whittaker in for Miller. Everything else the same.

We have been playing well and winning well lately. No real need to overcomplicate things.

JimBHibees
01-12-2023, 07:28 AM

We have been playing well and winning well lately. No real need to overcomplicate things.

Agree

CapitalGreen
01-12-2023, 07:43 AM

My only concern with starting Whittaker would be if he was up against Duk. However given he seems out of favour and started as part of their 2nd string last night that looks unlikely.

Donegal Hibby
01-12-2023, 09:37 AM
Teams been playing well lately , think it will be pretty much the same with Whittaker in for Miller probably being the only change . Campbell scored 5 last year against Aberdeen, fancy him to score tomorrow too 🤞.

Nicho87
01-12-2023, 11:14 AM
Delete that Stevenson at right back option! It's making me nervous just thinking about it.

Hahaha

KWJ
01-12-2023, 11:44 AM
I'd want to get Youan into the team but it is tough right now which is of course a good problem. Campbell doesn't deserve to be dropped but I don't really think Youan did either. Get Campbell or Jair to run their pan in for 60 minutes and give Youan a good 30 mins + to work with Boyle and Vente.

Donegal Hibby
01-12-2023, 11:59 AM
I'd want to get Youan into the team but it is tough right now which is of course a good problem. Campbell doesn't deserve to be dropped but I don't really think Youan did either. Get Campbell or Jair to run their pan in for 60 minutes and give Youan a good 30 mins + to work with Boyle and Vente.

As much as I like Youan I don't think his forms been all that good recently , I'd also say in our last game while Boyle didn't have a bad game I didn't think his performance was up to his usual standards either . Strange how the two best wingers we have aren't firing on all cylinders recently though maybe it's just me that thinks that of course.

B.H.F.C
01-12-2023, 12:52 PM

Think it’ll be the same team as last two games. Actually think we’ve had a better balance about us. Don’t think it’ll happen but id be thinking about Youan in for Boyle. Boyle just not quite at it for me.

Brightside
01-12-2023, 12:55 PM
Think it’ll be the same team as last two games. Actually think we’ve had a better balance about us. Don’t think it’ll happen but id be thinking about Youan in for Boyle. Boyle just not quite at it for me.

Yep - id swap Boyle and Youan for now and give Boyle 30 mins in the second half.

hibee-boys
01-12-2023, 05:12 PM
Whittaker right back with Boyle providing support to him from right midfield, Youan playing off Vente please.

flash
01-12-2023, 05:41 PM
I want Elie back in. I miss him when he ain't there.

JohnM1875
01-12-2023, 05:46 PM
I want Elie back in. I miss him when he ain't there.

Same

Cod Boy
01-12-2023, 07:30 PM
Could be a place on the bench for young Jacob Blaney on Sunday

JammyDoidger
01-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Youan in, Boyle right back stuff it, attack attack attack.

Tambo
01-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Marshall

Whittaker
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Boyle
Levitt
Newell
Jair

Youan
Vente

Would be my team.

No arguments with the suggestions of Boyle dropping out though, said in another thread that I thought we would of missed Jeggo in the semi final but I didn't think we did.

Donegal Hibby
01-12-2023, 11:14 PM
If Whittaker is playing what would our options be if we need to take him off at some point ? .

King Cosell
01-12-2023, 11:24 PM
If Whittaker is playing what would our options be if we need to take him off at some point ? .

Josh Campbell?

Donegal Hibby
01-12-2023, 11:31 PM
Josh Campbell?

I was thinking on Josh as a option though if he starts and going by his work rate if we have to change Whittaker after 60 ,70 minutes he could need changing too imo .

ChilliEater
02-12-2023, 06:31 AM
I was thinking on Josh as a option though if he starts and going by his work rate if we have to change Whittaker after 60 ,70 minutes he could need changing too imo .

Maybe same as last week - Hanlon on, Fish to right back. Not ideal.

Donegal Hibby
02-12-2023, 04:34 PM
Maybe same as last week - Hanlon on, Fish to right back. Not ideal.

Definitely wouldn't be ideal , thought Fish looked very uncomfortable playing there . Hard to know who to put on for Whittaker tbh as it's a big ask to get 90 minutes out of a 16 year old against a big physical team like Aberdeen.

Hiber-nation
02-12-2023, 05:32 PM
Whittaker did ok away to St Mirren so I wouldn't be worrying too much about starting him tomorrow.

badabing67
02-12-2023, 08:54 PM

Same as last time, move Fish to right back and bring on Hanlon. But you cannot expect Whittaker to play the full 90 though, and if he starts Aberdeen would target us down the right. I think he will start with a back four of:

Fish Rocky Hanlon Obita

Cammy
02-12-2023, 09:05 PM
Whittaker did ok away to St Mirren so I wouldn't be worrying too much about starting him tomorrow.

Whittaker did ok going forward but not defending. He was guilty of letting several crosses into the box, would rather he came on later in the game. I know it's not popular but Stevenson is a better option defensively and has been fine when deployed at right back.

flash
02-12-2023, 10:57 PM
Whittaker did ok going forward but not defending. He was guilty of letting several crosses into the box, would rather he came on later in the game. I know it's not popular but Stevenson is a better option defensively and has been fine when deployed at right back.

He absolutely isn't. He is barely adequate at left back now.

Cammy
02-12-2023, 11:16 PM
He absolutely isn't. He is barely adequate at left back now.

We'll disagree on that then. He's a better option than throwing in Whittaker, who I think looks like he will be good in the future but not ready yet for starting in a game like this. Stevenson has proved himself more than capable when called on in the past, while being written off by people. He's coming to the end of his Hibs career but that is why he is still in the squad to be called on when there are injuries to others.

B.H.F.C
02-12-2023, 11:47 PM
We'll disagree on that then. He's a better option than throwing in Whittaker, who I think looks like he will be good in the future but not ready yet for starting in a game like this. Stevenson has proved himself more than capable when called on in the past, while being written off by people. He's coming to the end of his Hibs career but that is why he is still in the squad to be called on when there are injuries to others.

This season, I think Stevenson has been as poor as anyone. Wasn’t even on the bench last week (presume he was injured) but I think it’s all a bit irrelevant anyway as Monty won’t play him at RB.

Donegal Hibby
03-12-2023, 10:05 AM
Same as last time, move Fish to right back and bring on Hanlon. But you cannot expect Whittaker to play the full 90 though, and if he starts Aberdeen would target us down the right. I think he will start with a back four of:

Fish Rocky Hanlon Obita

You might be right though I think he will start with Whittaker and maybe change to that later in the game . I wonder would Jeggo in midfield be a better option than Levitt too ? , imo he'd had more strength than Levitt would to our midfield.