PDA

View Full Version : Hibs V Aberdeen

Pages : [1] 2 3

flash
29-11-2023, 10:28 AM
With this being our only home game before Christmas would hope there's a decent crowd to cheer the team on in what's potentially a massive game.
Win this and we will have a substantial gap over Aberdeen, who are bound to get better once they are out of Europe.
Just nice to be looking forward to attending matches these days.

29-11-2023, 11:24 AM
I imagine the players will be wanting to avenge the semi-final defeat. Looking forward to it.

jeffers
29-11-2023, 11:28 AM
With this being our only home game before Christmas would hope there's a decent crowd to cheer the team on in what's potentially a massive game.
Win this and we will have a substantial gap over Aberdeen, who are bound to get better once they are out of Europe.

Looking forward to it too, hopefully get one over them again especially after what happened in the semi. Any idea which clown will be refereeing on Sunday ?

flash
29-11-2023, 11:37 AM
Looking forward to it too, hopefully get one over them again especially after what happened in the semi. Any idea which clown will be refereeing on Sunday ?

Willie Collum. Reasonably happy with that.

Saint Hibee
29-11-2023, 11:38 AM

This may be the first time in poor Willie's life that he's made anyone happy.

flash
29-11-2023, 11:40 AM
This may be the first time in poor Willie's life that he's made anyone happy.

Aye very possibly but would rather have him than most of the other possible choices.

JimBHibees
29-11-2023, 12:32 PM

Not so sure. All relative I suppose

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2023, 12:40 PM
Should be winning. They'll have a quick turnover and we're a better side anyway. 2-0 Hibs.

flash
29-11-2023, 12:50 PM
Not so sure. All relative I suppose

Indeed. Just feel he is fair to both teams regardless of incompetence.

JimBHibees
29-11-2023, 01:46 PM
Indeed. Just feel he is fair to both teams regardless of incompetence.

Yes get the impression like Clancy Napier Munro and the like they don't really understand the game.

Hibernian Verse
29-11-2023, 01:53 PM
Yes get the impression like Clancy Napier Munro and the like they don't really understand the game.

Napier and Munro are on another level of ***** compared to the rest, and that's not a compliment for the rest of them.

lugz
29-11-2023, 04:30 PM

Don't think ticket pricing will help the crowd at all, £34 for an adult is very steep and that's before you take into consideration travel, food etc

Billy Whizz
29-11-2023, 05:03 PM
£35 for Aberdeen fans in the South on Sunday

JohnM1875
29-11-2023, 05:04 PM

Shocking that. Despise the prices we charge up here for football. Sickening. And I know it’s not just Hibs.

matty_f
29-11-2023, 06:31 PM
Shocking that. Despise the prices we charge up here for football. Sickening. And I know it’s not just Hibs.

That's brutal. There's no need for it to be that expensive - that's how you priced fans out of the game.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2023, 06:52 PM

Embarrassing. Shame on us.

Keepthefaith
29-11-2023, 06:58 PM

It's £36 for best seats in the east stand too. How long before we see 40 quid for a seat? People will become much more selective unless season tickets are seen to offer much better value for money, which may be the clubs strategy.

Anyway whatever crowd we have let's repeat last year's 6-0 and get folk wanting to come back!

Silky
29-11-2023, 07:00 PM

Douglas Ross on the line as well, I see.

Billy Whizz
29-11-2023, 07:20 PM
It’s been an expensive few weeks for all football supporters
I know it’s difficult to fit in all the fixtures, but for hibs fans in particular, it’s just been a case of shelling money week after week
Dundee away
Celtic away
Livingston away
St Johnstone away
Ross County away

Won’t be much change out of £120

erin go bragh
29-11-2023, 07:41 PM
It’s been an expensive few weeks for all football supporters
I know it’s difficult to fit in all the fixtures, but for hibs fans in particular, it’s just been a case of shelling money week after week
Dundee away
Celtic away
Livingston away
St Johnstone away
Ross County away

Won’t be much change out of £120

5 away games in the last 6 and right before Christmas.
How does that even happen. Throw in no new year derby.

Blaster
29-11-2023, 07:48 PM
5 away games in the last 6 and right before Christmas.
How does that even happen. Throw in no new year derby.

It was meant to be

Killie home
Dundee away
Aberdeen home
Celtic away
Livingston away
The Rangers home
Ross County away
Hearts home
St Johnstone away
Motherwell home

I think. St Johnstone game got brought forward to the weekend we were due to play Rangers

1875Sean
29-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Think we need to win, Aberdeens form will improve once they are out of Europe plus’s they have 2 games in hand, think they are both winnable, Livvy and Ross country

Not In The Know
30-11-2023, 06:16 AM

unfortunately inflation has as much a part to play in this as anything. Arguably the most and you don’t need anyone to remind you it’s been at record highs for years now. Are Hibs supposed to just keep the price the same and in real terms be offering discounts. The club would probably say they have kept the prices below inflation and done that already.

wookie70
30-11-2023, 11:55 AM
unfortunately inflation has as much a part to play in this as anything. Arguably the most and you don’t need anyone to remind you it’s been at record highs for years now. Are Hibs supposed to just keep the price the same and in real terms be offering discounts. The club would probably say they have kept the prices below inflation and done that already. Inflation will undoubtedly be a big part of the rises but it has to be weighed against wage inflation and therefore disposal income. For many of us Hibs come right after heating and eating but it is a luxury purchase for many and to grow crowds, particularly families, affordability has to be factored in. I think the Celtc away game is the first time I have been priced out. Two tickets were over 70 quid and then there is traffic, food and fuel to contend with. I would rather spend the money elsewhere.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2023, 12:10 PM
Inflation will undoubtedly be a big part of the rises but it has to be weighed against wage inflation and therefore disposal income. For many of us Hibs come right after heating and eating but it is a luxury purchase for many and to grow crowds, particularly families, affordability has to be factored in. I think the Celtc away game is the first time I have been priced out. Two tickets were over 70 quid and then there is traffic, food and fuel to contend with. I would rather spend the money elsewhere.

I agree that, in general, it’s getting too expensive.

£38 for me and the bairn for Dundee, £36 just for me for Parkhead, £37.50 for me and the bairn at Livingston. At least St Johnstone is only £18 for the two of us but that’s a lot combined in the lead up to Christmas. Ross County still to come as well.

Problem where Hibs (and many others) are concerned is that they just can’t afford the hit of making it any cheaper.

Not In The Know
30-11-2023, 12:14 PM
I think we all agree everything is getting expensive. I'll save me cash for the next 2 home games. At least it goes straight to the club

B.H.F.C
30-11-2023, 03:55 PM
Sheep, unsurprisingly, resting quite a few players in Europe tonight.

flash
30-11-2023, 04:05 PM

It's the travelling that kills you I always think.

CB Hibs 68
30-11-2023, 04:29 PM

Yup big time.Most of their main players are on the bench tonight.No question they are prioritising Sunday over the money at stake tonight.No surprise I don’t suppose but does show that they seem to have got more strength in depth than Hibs

B.H.F.C
30-11-2023, 04:58 PM
Nice conditions for their game in Finland. A few of them slipping on their arse and a delayed journey home would be ideal.

Unseen work
30-11-2023, 05:02 PM
Really shows the strength of their squad that they can make this many changes and still be competitive in europe

Once they’re out I think they’ll really climb the league

B.H.F.C
30-11-2023, 05:04 PM
Really shows the strength of their squad that they can make this many changes and still be competitive in europe

From the first 15 minutes they don’t really look like they’re coping with the changes. They’ve no coped with Europe full stop, not won a game.

I’m not convinced about them coming good once they’re out. Hopefully no tempting fate for Sunday.

Unseen work
30-11-2023, 05:07 PM
From the first 15 minutes they don’t really look like they’re coping with the changes. They’ve no coped with Europe full stop, not won a game.

I’m not convinced about them coming good once they’re out. Hopefully no tempting fate for Sunday.

Been competitive in a lot of games though and have had a really busy schedule.

If you told them they’d get European football, be in a cup final and if they win their 2 games in hand (I know it’s a big ask) that they’d be 5th and 3 points off third I think they’d bite your hand off.

JammyDoidger
30-11-2023, 05:08 PM

As a player that would drive me nuts, all that way to sit on the bench freezing, if I was travelling I'd be wanting to play, that's what they work hard all season for.

B.H.F.C
30-11-2023, 05:10 PM

If you told them they’d get European football, be in a cup final and if they win their 2 games in hand (I know it’s a big ask) that they’d be 5th and 3 points off third I think they’d bite your hand off.

European football was as a result of what they did last season though. No doubt they’ve struggled with it and blew a real big chance to be in the Europa rather than the Conference League.

Cup final they will obviously be delighted about but I still don’t think their support are happy and/or being kidded in to thinking they’re a good side.

flash
30-11-2023, 05:22 PM

Except they aren't remotely competitive.

JohnM1875
30-11-2023, 05:23 PM
As a player that would drive me nuts, all that way to sit on the bench freezing, if I was travelling I'd be wanting to play, that's what they work hard all season for.

Be pretty pissed off as a fan if I spent all that money to travel over there as well.

jeffers
30-11-2023, 05:28 PM
Some strike that. Craigan must have fallen asleep just beforehand as it took a few seconds for him to realise it was a goal.

Ooops. Wrong thread.

PHeffernan
30-11-2023, 05:32 PM
Some strike that. Craigan must have fallen asleep just beforehand as it took a few seconds for him to realise it was a goal.

Commentary isn't synced with the action

jeffers
30-11-2023, 05:34 PM

I’m going with my theory 😜

erin go bragh
30-11-2023, 05:40 PM

Well Hearts didn't. Total opposite, they capitulated after Europe. Hopefully they do the same.

greenlex
30-11-2023, 05:44 PM

Craigan isn’t synced up with anything in a daily basis.

PHeffernan
30-11-2023, 06:00 PM
Be pretty pissed off as a fan if I spent all that money to travel over there as well.

2-2
Duk

Unseen work
30-11-2023, 06:09 PM
Except they aren't remotely competitive.

Appear to be doing ok…

2-2 away from home with a half strength team….

flash
30-11-2023, 06:10 PM
Appear to be doing ok…

Aye its a fair cop guvnor.

PHeffernan
30-11-2023, 06:20 PM
Game stopped after 73 minutes to clear snow from the pitch.
3 snowplows doing the business!

green day
30-11-2023, 06:24 PM
Appear to be doing ok…

To be fair HJK took their foot off the gas, some of Aberdeen 2nd string look honking.

Unseen work
30-11-2023, 06:36 PM
To be fair HJK took their foot off the gas, some of Aberdeen 2nd string look honking.

Maybe so, but if our first 11 went away from home in these conditions and got a result we’d be really happy.

The lineup tonight also consists of 3 academy players in Duncan, Barron and Milne.

I’m all for slating Aberdeen and Robson as they drive me mental. But credit where credits due, if that was us we’d be absolutely delighted

Steven79
30-11-2023, 06:36 PM
If this game gets finished tomorrow will our game on Sunday still be on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
30-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Maybe so, but if our first 11 went away from home in these conditions and got a result we’d be really happy.

The lineup tonight also consists of 3 academy players in Duncan, Barron and Milne.

I’m all for slating Aberdeen and Robson as they drive me mental. But credit where credits due, if that was us we’d be absolutely delighted

Whenever I watch them I just think they’re poor and rely on individual moments. Tonight no different, Helsinki should have been out of sight before they scored.

Robson has a habit of nicking a result when he really needs it, not a bad habit obviously, but I don’t think it’s sustainable. We’ve played well against them since Robson has been there and if we do the same on Sunday we can be confident of a result.

ancient hibee
30-11-2023, 06:47 PM
Appear to be doing ok…

It’s a mean nothing game between two teams who haven’t won a game. Surely the time to praise them is when they make a success of playing in Europe .

Bridge hibs
30-11-2023, 07:00 PM
Game stopped after 73 minutes to clear snow from the pitch.
3 snowplows doing the business!

They could have hired Cantwell and Vargas, a few swallow dives and the boxes would have been cleared in no time

PHeffernan
30-11-2023, 07:27 PM
It’s a mean nothing game between two teams who haven’t won a game. Surely the time to praise them is when they make a success of playing in Europe .

They drew away to PAOK and Helsinki and lost away to Frankfurt by a goal.
They should also have beaten both PAOK and Helsinki at home. Goal difference of -2 at the moment.
That's a massive improvement on the shoeings Hearts managed last season against the 2 best teams in the group.

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2023, 05:11 AM

If they win 2 games in hand, they could still be like 6th. That's rubbish.

If they had such great depth they'd be handling it all better. They've been utter **** in the league.

Since90+2
01-12-2023, 05:25 AM
If they win 2 games in hand, they could still be like 6th. That's rubbish.

If they had such great depth they'd be handling it all better. They've been utter **** in the league.

If they win their two games in hand they'll be above us.

Their also in a cup final after beating us in the semi and have done relatively well in Europe.

Overall their season has been atleast as good as ours taking everything into account.

JohnM1875
01-12-2023, 06:14 AM

Their also in a cup final after beating us in the semi and have done relatively well in Europe.

Overall their season has been atleast as good as ours taking everything into account.

I’d happily swap league position right now for a go at Sevco in the final.

Since90+2
01-12-2023, 06:40 AM
I’d happily swap league position right now for a go at Sevco in the final.

I think any sensible person would.

Let's say they get 3 points from their 2 games in hand. Would anybody seriously rather have 3 points more in the league but no cup final, than 3 points less and a cup final? Of course not.

Scorrie
01-12-2023, 07:15 AM
Apologies if posted elsewhere but game is on Hibs PPV for those who can’t make it

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2023, 08:32 AM

If they lose on Sunday they won't be.

Jack Ross got punted for good cup runs but poor league form. Why are we pretending we'd accept that. We wouldn't. Aberdeen are more likely to lose/draw those games in hand, and lose the final, than win them based on their results so far. Dunno why we're fawning over them. Lost to us at home when we had an interim boss.

Since90+2
01-12-2023, 08:34 AM

Jack Ross got punted for good cup runs but poor league form. Why are we pretending we'd accept that. We wouldn't. Aberdeen are more likely to lose/draw those games in hand, and lose the final, than win them based on their results so far. Dunno why we're fawning over them. Lost to us at home when we had an interim boss.

So you'd rather be 6 points ahead having played 2 games more, than 6 points behind with 2 games in hand plus a cup final?

I'd imagine the vast vast majority of fans would prefer the cup final. Maybe you're the odd one out

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2023, 08:42 AM
So you'd rather be 6 points ahead having played 2 games more, than 6 points behind with 2 games in hand plus a cup final?

I'd imagine the vast vast majority of fans would prefer the cup final. Maybe you're the odd one out

That's not an opinion I have. We should've done both tbh. We're a better side than them.

Aberdeen have been rubbish in the league. That's the point I'm making. I keep hearing about their great depth yet they cannot win league games.

Hibernian Verse
01-12-2023, 08:46 AM

If you discount that we're playing them on Sunday, and they will have other games to drop points too.

They don't play those two before playing us. It's a common misconception.

Tyler Durden
01-12-2023, 08:58 AM

:agree:

Some nonsense on here that they're suddenly going to be a great side once they're out of Europe.

tonyrougier123
01-12-2023, 05:54 PM
Have SKY allowed clubs to show PPV again,I noticed the game was available this weekend.

Crunchie
02-12-2023, 03:30 PM
Are you still able to buy a ticket before the game?

linlithgowhibbie
02-12-2023, 04:36 PM
Are you still able to buy a ticket before the game?

Yes

ekhibee
02-12-2023, 08:42 PM
I think we're more than capable of beating Aberdeen, we've already proved that at Pittodrie and at Hampden where we were clearly the better side. I don't think they're anything special at all, but I do think we're quite erratic. Hopefully Montgomery has made us a more difficult team to beat.

Scorrie
03-12-2023, 07:36 AM
Have SKY allowed clubs to show PPV again,I noticed the game was available this weekend.

I could be wrong but I think clubs have a certain number of PPVs in a season. I’m actually struggling to remember when we were last on Sky anyway.

flash
03-12-2023, 08:27 AM
Really looking forward to this.

If we can manage a win, which won't be easy, gaps start to appear in the table.

Big match.

Scottie
03-12-2023, 08:41 AM

Big match.
Massive game today for us. Get a win & the gimps are still in sight, lose and we’re toiling again. Need to start building some momentum :agree:

Iain G
03-12-2023, 09:29 AM
Massive game today for us. Get a win & the gimps are still in sight, lose and we’re toiling again. Need to start building some momentum :agree:

We won't be toiling by not winning one game. Plenty of shades of grey between white and black you know! 😁

Scottie
03-12-2023, 10:01 AM
We won't be toiling by not winning one game. Plenty of shades of grey between white and black you know! ��
:greengrin As you can tell I’m a glass half full type of guy :wink:

Hibby70
03-12-2023, 10:16 AM
Anyone know if the gates are the South end of the West stand will be closed after the game?

I assume even if they are then I can just walk round to the Meadow bank retail park walkway as normal (and they won't have barriers up)

B.H.F.C
03-12-2023, 10:21 AM

Big match.

With how tight the league is, every game feels like a big game these days. Always feel like we really need to win for one reason or another.

St Mirren at Ibrox today so we should have a good chance to close the gap on them to a point. And don’t want Hearts getting away from us.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-12-2023, 10:22 AM
Wonder if that wee diving b’d Duk will be playing.

Nicho87
03-12-2023, 10:26 AM
Can’t stand Robson or duk. Whenever they win or lose Robson rolls out the too many games card.

Whinging git. Always complaining

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2023, 10:31 AM
Gonna be one of these days when everything just clicks into place for us.

Hibs to win by a few :cb

JimBHibees
03-12-2023, 10:35 AM
Wonder if that wee diving b’d Duk will be playing.

Miovski will be back. Big threat down that channel particularly if Whittaker in.

Jakhog1
03-12-2023, 11:15 AM

Hope your right, we are due someone a spanking.

Carheenlea
03-12-2023, 11:24 AM
I’d imagine it’s a game that gamblers would be giving a wide steer. A win for either or a draw wouldn’t be a surprise result. It’s these evenly matched contests (on paper) that are very satisfying to win.

Should be a good game and looking forward to it a lot.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2023, 11:37 AM
Anyone know if the gates are the South end of the West stand will be closed after the game?

I assume even if they are then I can just walk round to the Meadow bank retail park walkway as normal (and they won't have barriers up)

Closed before and after the game, as per Hibs Official site

PatHead
03-12-2023, 11:40 AM

The gates from the main stand will also be closed. You will need to wait until the police allow you to go.

Joe6-2
03-12-2023, 12:24 PM
We won't be toiling by not winning one game. Plenty of shades of grey between white and black you know! 😁

50 I believe

greenlex
03-12-2023, 12:30 PM

This. Followed by Robson telling everyone that everything’s gonna be alright.

Cardinal G
03-12-2023, 12:39 PM

I'm hoping they aren't as my train back to Newcastle is 17.33, so may have to leave early if they are.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2023, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping they aren't as my train back to Newcastle is 17.33, so may have to leave early if they are.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/supporter-info-aberdeen-h

They are, says on here at the hottom

Callum_62
03-12-2023, 12:46 PM
Obita out

Changes at both right and left back

Whittaker and Stevenson in

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

HendoDelivered
03-12-2023, 12:48 PM
Fear for us a little down the flanks

Callum_62
03-12-2023, 12:48 PM
Aberdeen team https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231203/c226baca3b107a423aad2639cea307b6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

flash
03-12-2023, 12:49 PM
What's the full team please.

H18S NX
03-12-2023, 12:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAbOF1wXYAAVJFs?format=jpg&name=small

flash
What's the full team please.

Seen it now. Not ideal.

Iain G
Good to see Ridley Bottlebrush on the bench

Unseen work
03-12-2023, 12:53 PM
Obita and Miller out are both big misses

Attacking play, defensively and physically. Think it could have a big effect on how we play unfortunately.

Aberdeens team looks strong physically and have quality players in there.

Going to be a very tough game

flash
03-12-2023, 12:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAbOF1wXYAAVJFs?format=jpg&name=small

That team would have been unthinkable 6 months ago.

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 12:54 PM
Last few times Lewis has played he’s started looking his age a bit

Hopefully manages today.

Clear we’re still needing bodies in in January, couple injuries/suspension and we look light

Zazu62
03-12-2023, 12:57 PM

Hopefully manages today.

Clear we’re still needing bodies in in January, couple injuries/suspension and we look light

He’s finished

WhileTheChief..
03-12-2023, 01:00 PM
I'd have Jeggo on from the start.

B.H.F.C
03-12-2023, 01:02 PM
Full backs a big concern today.

When you look at the defensive options it’s little wonder our defensive record is so poor.

Cammy
03-12-2023, 01:04 PM

Hopefully manages today.

Think he needs subbed around 60 minutes now, but no one to replace him, maybe Hanlon?

Tambo
03-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Mon the Hibs, vital we get the 3 points today.

Aldo
03-12-2023, 01:11 PM
Take it Obita is injured. Sorry if I’ve missed that.

neil7908
03-12-2023, 01:13 PM
Obita and Miller out are both big misses

Attacking play, defensively and physically. Think it could have a big effect on how we play unfortunately.

Aberdeens team looks strong physically and have quality players in there.

Going to be a very tough game

Yup.

New fullbacks have made a huge difference this season.

A 16 year old and a 35 year old shows how light our squad is.

Going to be really, really tough and we'll need the wide players to work their socks off and support in defence.

A Hi-Bee
03-12-2023, 01:17 PM
Tough game but we can get the all important 3 points today.
GGTTH

Jones28
03-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Tavares to rattle in a goal or 3 👍🏻👍🏻

Greenio
03-12-2023, 01:21 PM
We will win this

Lewis will be well up for it and whittaker has stood up every time we've asked him to

Hope Boyle is firing, would love to see him get a goal

Mon!

Unseen work
03-12-2023, 01:28 PM
Yup.

New fullbacks have made a huge difference this season.

A 16 year old and a 35 year old shows how light our squad is.

Going to be really, really tough and we'll need the wide players to work their socks off and support in defence.

Yep, think set pieces are a huge concern too.

J-C
03-12-2023, 01:53 PM
What has happened to Youan, a few weeks ago he was a guaranteed starter, now he's benched and looks way off it when he comes on,

Carheenlea
03-12-2023, 01:57 PM
First time I’ve ever heard Fairytale of New York at Easter Road. Was enjoying that before it was cut short for some EDM nonentity before cutting that short for some lame “mega mix”

Just stick some decent tunes on FFS!

Smartie
03-12-2023, 01:58 PM

Hopefully manages today.

Did he not have a really solid game up in Aberdeen only a few months ago though?

The rumours of his demise may have been somewhat exaggerated imo.

brydekirk
03-12-2023, 01:58 PM
What has happened to Youan, a few weeks ago he was a guaranteed starter, now he's benched and looks way off it when he comes on,

No footballing IQ

Greenio
03-12-2023, 02:01 PM
How long before Cliff says 'It's one of those ones...'

Pagan Hibernia
03-12-2023, 02:04 PM
Hibs TV b-b-bu-buffering a lot for me

Helensburghhibs
03-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Block 7 killing any atmosphere already. Acquired a new drum and sound like a flute band 😂

Billy

Is that via an illegal stream? Hibs tv stream has no issues.

Jack Hackett
Don't normally have a problem with HTV... but the stream is rank today... and there's no alternative player

Pagan Hibernia
03-12-2023, 02:07 PM
Is that via an illegal stream? Hibs tv stream has no issues.

Emmm, no officer..

ToulouseHibs
03-12-2023, 02:07 PM
Don't normally have a problem with HTV... but the stream is rank today... and there's no alternative player
Yep, I’m getting nothing either. No image/sound whatsoever.

Billy
03-12-2023, 02:08 PM
Emmm, no officer..

Contact the support team and they should be able to help you 👍🏻

Up-the-slope
03-12-2023, 02:09 PM
so no radio commentary anywhere of this game :rolleyes:

Chorley Hibee
03-12-2023, 02:09 PM
Easter Road is like a morgue today.

Never known it so quiet.

Poor crowd too.

HH81
03-12-2023, 02:10 PM

Be on hibs tv
Also got Hibs PPV

Plenty of options.

badabing67

Pretty poor

Jones28
So no commentary from our national broadcaster at all?

The one we pay money to?

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:11 PM
Snow belting down in Kirkcaldy

silverhibee

So annoying so it is, same on Aberdeen tv.

Stuart93
They’re getting too much room on our right hand side

Iain G
03-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Easter Road is like a morgue today.

Never known it so quiet.

Poor crowd too.

Block 7 and associated hangers on and ner do wells not "creating atmosphere" today then? 🤣

HH81
03-12-2023, 02:12 PM
So annoying so it is, same on Aberdeen tv.

Perfect on my stream through TV although probably jinxed it now.

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2023, 02:14 PM
Are we going to put a midfield on at some stage today?

Joe6-2
Andy Walker-Dylan Venta

Greenio
If it's buffering on hibstv, try clearing your browser history and then log into your account and then select the settings cog on the video player and pick 720p.

Worked for me last time

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:15 PM
I only tuned in from 5mins but we haven’t been very good.

Far too many balls coming into our box, looking like a matter of time.

Saint Hibee
03-12-2023, 02:15 PM
They’re all over us.

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:17 PM
Mon Jair we know your better than that

Jack Hackett
Perfect on my stream through TV although probably jinxed it now. (trying to) watch in my tellybox, freezes every few seconds, before the signal drops out altogether. Trying on my moby, and it's exactly the same :rolleyes:

Stuart93
Whitakers struggling

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:18 PM
Yes

HH81
Get in

cabbageandribs1875
vente :thumbsup:

CMac1988
Noice.

OtleyHibs
Get in there!!

Diclonius
Rule that one out you ****s

Hibs90
Goal scorer.

Stuart93
Right outta nowhere

Get in

Smartie
03-12-2023, 02:19 PM
*hastily amends the drafted post commenting on us being second best all over the park at the moment that only required "send" to be hit when Hibs scored.

Jack Hackett
If it's buffering on hibstv, try clearing your browser history and then log into your account and then select the settings cog on the video player and pick 720p.

Worked for me last time

It's the same on my phone... This is a problem at HTV end

silverhibee
Get in Hibs. 1-0

Aldo
Andy Walker-Dylan Venta

Venta ya beauty [emoji12]

Hibs90
Willie Miller is spewing :greengrin

Stuart93
It wasn’t offside

Diclonius
Get ****ed

J-C
(trying to) watch in my tellybox, freezes every few seconds, before the signal drops out altogether. Trying on my moby, and it's exactly the same :rolleyes:

That's the normal for Hibs TV, compared to other clubs, ours is pants.

Cracking goal that.

Scorrie
VAR though….goal given!

GreenNWhiteArmy
Fantastic ball from Marsh. Tidy wee goal. Get in

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2023, 02:20 PM
VAR says AYE

Vault Boy
I can’t believe they checked for so long. It was miles onside. Get in!

blackpoolhibs
Are we going to put a midfield on at some stage today?

Who needs a midfield ya numpty. :thumbsup:

Stuart93
Another couple would do

silverhibee
Goal given, Aberdeen pundits raging. :flag:

Tambo
03-12-2023, 02:21 PM
A poor start but will take the 1-0.

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:23 PM
Was that a booking on Campbell

silverhibee
That’s a booking.

Since452
I can’t believe they checked for so long. It was miles onside. Get in!

Must have really hurt them to give it

badabing67
Hardlines Rocky

silverhibee
03-12-2023, 02:24 PM
Unlucky Rocky, all over them now.

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:24 PM
Oooooff

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:25 PM
We’ve done well since we’ve scored much better

Jair should’ve passed that. Offside anyway

silverhibee
03-12-2023, 02:27 PM
We are clicking today. :flag:

silverhibee
03-12-2023, 02:28 PM
We’ve done well since we’ve scored much better

Jair should’ve passed that. Offside anyway

He was never offside either.

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:29 PM
He was never offside either.

Think it was given against boyle who’d made a movement towards the ball

Pagan Hibernia
03-12-2023, 02:30 PM
Goal given, Aberdeen pundits raging. :flag:

About conceding generally, or did they actually think that was offside??

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:31 PM
Nice phase of play there, go Rory

Vault Boy
Playing some absolutely beautiful stuff.

Stuart93
Good chance there, just needed someone to pull the trigger earlier

Smartie
We've turned a dodgy start into a pretty decent performance here.

Tambo
03-12-2023, 02:32 PM
Great play from Whittaker there, Mon the Hibs let's get a second before halftime.

Vault Boy
Got a bit silly at the back there, good save from Marsh.

cabbageandribs1875
good save marshall

CMac1988
Bit sloppy there. Great save from Marshall.

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:33 PM
Good save marshall

Need to get another whilst we’re on top

Tambo
Good save Marshall.

SaulGoodman
Marshall save good

FitbaFolkKen
Tell you what Marshall is in a much better spot now. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up-the-slope
03-12-2023, 02:34 PM
We've turned a dodgy start into a pretty decent performance here.

Will be a nice change if we start shaky and finish like a well oiled machine rather than folding late on like the proverbial cheap suit

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:34 PM
Boyler really looking like his old self

CMac1988
03-12-2023, 02:35 PM
Just to add I use Hibs TV international sub most weekends and rarely if ever have any issues. 1080p streamed from my browser to the TV via Chromecast. No drops, stutters or sync issues of any kind. Straight from Hibs TV itself.

silverhibee
03-12-2023, 02:36 PM
About conceding generally, or did they actually think that was offside??

Adamant it was offside.

Also saying Aberdeen can’t deal with the long ball from Hibs. :rolleyes:

badabing67
03-12-2023, 02:37 PM
lol

cabbageandribs1875
aberdeen off the post

Tambo
Wow how did Marshall keep that out.

Off the post, looked like a great save from Marshall.

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:38 PM
Whittaker losing the ball in poor position

Just not sure the lads ready.

AZhibee
Oh geez, Marshall excellent

Diclonius
Wow how did Marshall keep that out.

Accidentally, by the looks of it.

Smartie
He's had a few very nice moments too but Whittaker's having a fairly tough afternoon.

CMac1988
Got lucky. Whittaker loses out and Miovski hits the post. Marshall does well again but all a bit messy.

1875Sean
Poor for Whittaker, lucky not to be level

silverhibee
Great blocks but dons should have scored.

wookie70
Marshall has been excellent again

badabing67
Whittaker losing the ball in poor position

Just not sure the lads ready.

He will never be ready if he does not play

Stuart93
Aberdeen back on top here

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:39 PM

Has to be eased in though.

SaulGoodman
03-12-2023, 02:40 PM

He’s only 16. Plenty developing left to do. A lot is being asked of him this early in his career.

Vault Boy
03-12-2023, 02:41 PM
Why are we jeering a Hibs team trying to play the right way and keep possession? lol

Hibs90

Isn't that what has happened?

badabing67

He is doing well

silverhibee
Aberdeen back on top here

Hibs back on top again with possession, really good work from the team so far today.

Tambo
03-12-2023, 02:42 PM
Yellow card for Fish.

ChicoM1875

He is...

cabbageandribs1875
can't get the ball in the box from either side then finally play it all the way back to marshall

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2023, 02:43 PM
Whatever happened to defenders staying on their feet and not diving in? Stupid booking for Fish.:rolleyes:

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:44 PM
Reckon half time will be coming at the right time

Vault Boy
Joe Newell playing very well once again.

GreenNWhiteArmy
Sheep well on top

Marsh keeping us in front

silverhibee
Yellow card for Fish.

Nope, just a free kick.

Victor
03-12-2023, 02:45 PM
Graham Shinnie…..what a •**+*

ChicoM1875
How many fouls from Shinnie?

easty
Graham Shinnie…..what a •**+*

Why can’t he be booked? He doesnae even play for Rangers or Celtc?

Curried
Yellow card for Fish.

I'd replace him with Hanlon at HT, as he has made quite a few mistakes today and i'd hate to see him cop a red.

Stuart93
Close

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2023, 02:46 PM
3 mins added

cabbageandribs1875
Nope, just a free kick.

yellow card

PatHead
Close

What was

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Shinnie is is unbookable!

SaulGoodman
What was

Fish attempt

grunt
Nope, just a free kick.

Was a yellow apparently.

cabbageandribs1875
fish header just past

Stuart93
03-12-2023, 02:49 PM
It’s never a foul

CMac1988
Get ****ed ya clown. No interest in playing the ball. Brushed aside.

Booked4Being-Ugly
Played ok for 1st 25 mins but the biggest threat to us is ourselves at times.

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2023, 02:50 PM
Ht 1-0

Stuart93
Good first half, well worth our lead

Viva_Palmeiras
Need to start booking these Dons players for staying down way beyond

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2023, 02:51 PM
Man mountain Rocky, what a player. :top marks

Tambo
Thank god for the halftime whistle.

Pagan Hibernia
Fair to say that half ebbed and flowed. We're dangerous going forward, very shaky at times at the back

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2023, 02:52 PM
aberdeen commentator wondering why Sokler went down in the box, when he wasn't touched

Greenio
03-12-2023, 02:53 PM
Some good play.

We know what we want to do, but it's a high standard of quick passing being asked of the team, so obviously, this doesn't always come off.

Newell has been good, Rocky too.

We're lucky to be 1-0 up, but ill take it

Victor
Does Shinnie do anything apart from constantly foul and claim for non-existent offences? I have no idea what position he is meant to be playing, he just hangs around like a bad smell.

neil7908
Game is on a knife edge. We play some cracking football at times but it's high risk and asks a lot from our defenders.

I think we'd have another goal today if Obita and Miller were playing - they've been so important in an attacking sense this season. Saying that, Whitaker at Lewis have done OK.

I'm really enjoying this Hibs team and we are growing almost game by game under Monty. I'd love to see us get another quality forward, ideally one that can win a ball in the air and give us another dimension.

Big 45 minutes coming up but I think we'll edge it.

Unseen work
Pretty end to end stuff

After the goal we looked good and a couple of times we had players lining up to have shots.

2 mistakes in about 20 seconds playing out encouraged Aberdeen who then had a couple of chances themselves they probably feel they should have scored.

Need to be a bit calmer second half, can’t give players of aberdeens quality chances as good as that.

The good thing is with Aberdeen pressing as much as that we just need one of the passes to come off and we’re through

Golden Bear
Shinnie is the new Willie Miller. Mr untouchable.!

ElginHibee
03-12-2023, 02:54 PM
Some really nice stuff from us, and our own worst enemy at times. Some great saves from Marsh

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Cat Stanton
03-12-2023, 02:55 PM
Finding it a bit of a tough watch, tbh. All Aberdeen chances entirely self-inflicted.

HendoDelivered
03-12-2023, 02:55 PM
Clicking more and more each week. Just need to tighten up a bit more at the back at times

cameronw-hfc
03-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Both David Marshall and Joe Newell very good that half. Marshall looks like a new player these last few weeks

Unseen work
03-12-2023, 02:56 PM
Important I say too that one of the mistakes for an Aberdeen chance was young Whittikar getting caught on the ball.

Did he let it affect him? No.

He sprinted back, got in position and then put in a brilliant block for a shot that was going on target.

Well done, great attitude

Victor
03-12-2023, 02:57 PM
Finding it a bit of a tough watch, tbh. All Aberdeen chances entirely self-inflicted.

Yes. We have set up all their best chances!

Pretty Boy
03-12-2023, 02:57 PM
Think we have been ok.

It's been pretty scrappy across the board but a few passages of good play and flashes of quality.

I know why he is coming deep but I really wish we could get Vente more involved further up the park. Every touch (bar the most important one obviously) seems to be 15 yards in our half.

Overall I think we are just about worth our lead albeit we have gifted them 2 big opportunities.

Nicho87
03-12-2023, 02:58 PM
Shinnie is the new Willie Miller. Mr untouchable.!

I don’t think I’ve despised a player as much as him