PDA

View Full Version : Festive Period

Tambo
25-11-2023, 05:53 PM
With how tight it is at the moment in the league, every game is important and we come up to the busy festive period.

It's always one game at a time but here is a list of Ours, St Mirren and Hearts fixtures, I have not added Kilmarnock but they do have Hearts Aberdeen and Celtic in their next 3 games and St Mirren play Ross County in their game in hand on Tuesday.

With us having the lighter schedule, it could fall in our favour and I do think we have the easier games in paper.

Hibernian

Aberdeen H
Celtic A
Livingston A
St Johnstone A
Ross County A
Hearts H
Motherwell H

St Mirren

Ross County A
Rangers A
St Johnstone A
Ross County H
Motherwell H
Hearts A
Kilmarnock H
Aberdeen A
Celtic H

Hearts

Kilmarnock A
Rangers H
Aberdeen A
Celtic A
St Mirren H
Hibs A
Ross County H
Livingston A

Cat Stanton
25-11-2023, 05:57 PM
With how tight it is at the moment in the league, every game is important and we come up to the busy festive period.

It's always one game at a time but here is a list of Ours, St Mirren and Hearts fixtures, I have not added Kilmarnock but they do have Hearts Aberdeen and Celtic in their next 3 games and St Mirren play Ross County in their game in hand on Tuesday.

With us having the lighter schedule, it could fall in our favour and I do think we have the easier games in paper.

Hibernian

Aberdeen H
Celtic A
Livingston H
St Johnstone A
Ross County A
Hearts H
Motherwell H

St Mirren

Ross County A
Rangers A
St Johnstone A
Ross County H
Motherwell H
Hearts A
Kilmarnock H
Aberdeen A
Celtic H

Hearts

Kilmarnock A
Rangers H
Aberdeen A
Celtic A
St Mirren H
Hibs A
Ross County H
Livingston A

Livingston is away. So it's four away games on the trot, none of them easy.

leith lynx
25-11-2023, 05:59 PM
Is Livi not away?

Tambo
25-11-2023, 05:59 PM

My bad, I have edited.

Very true, no game will be easy. Will be up to the players to stay consistent in these games.

Paul1642
25-11-2023, 06:03 PM
No easy games but I really think we should be taking a point or two more than hearts from this run of fixtures despite them having the extra one, with the derby being vital as always.

I think it’s worth including Aberdeen in this as well as come the end of the season they are going to be up there.

Aberdeen have

Rangers H
Hibs A
Kilmarnock A
Hearts H
Livingston H
Dundee A
Motherwell H
St Mirren H
Ross County A

They also have 2 European games (1 away to Finland) and a cup final to play in this time meaning they play 12 games in the time that we play 7. This should hopefully be to our advantage as it’s all even again in terms of playing time after the winter break.

I still think that St Mirren will fall away eventually although it’s far from guaranteed.

Glory Lurker
25-11-2023, 06:08 PM
We have to beat Aberdeen and win the three away games.

Paul1642
25-11-2023, 06:12 PM
We have to beat Aberdeen and win the three away games.

We will be sat comfortably 3rd if that happens. I don’t see us taking 12 points from our next 5 games.

CapitalGreen
25-11-2023, 07:54 PM
Hearts next 6 games look tough, fans seemingly unhappy today despite getting the win.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2023, 11:40 PM

We’re not good enough for anything to be easy. Obviously Celtic is the complete opposite. But the three after that are teams that will all be bottom six. We need to be picking up a decent number of points from those games.

Donegal Hibby
26-11-2023, 12:08 AM
Best result today is a sevco win , if we then beat Aberdeen we go 9 points clear of them though they have a couple of games in hand .

MWHIBBIES
26-11-2023, 05:53 AM

Lovi and st Johnston are as easy at it gets in this league though. Dreadful sides

WhileTheChief..
26-11-2023, 08:24 AM
Decent wee run of games that gives us the opportunity to push on.

The squad have had plenty time to get used to NM now so I'd expect results up to the end of the reason to be a lot better.

Tambo
26-11-2023, 11:31 AM
We really should be in 3rd now with just the Kilmarnock and Ross County 2-2 games alone, I agree with including Aberdeen, I was just to lazy to add Them and Kilmarnock's.

Tambo
07-12-2023, 06:24 AM
The only positive from last night was the other results, we need to pick ourselves up now and look towards a run of 3 away games in which we should be looking at 7 out of 9 minimum points wise.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2023, 07:01 AM
Not in a bad position considering the start to the season.

We have good fixtures between now and the winter break. We need to make them count now.

Hibernian Verse
07-12-2023, 07:05 AM
Not in a bad position considering the start to the season.

We have good fixtures between now and the winter break. We need to make them count now.

Mind some posters had us relegated after 3 games :greengrin

flash
07-12-2023, 07:47 AM
The only positive from last night was the other results, we need to pick ourselves up now and look towards a run of 3 away games in which we should be looking at 7 out of 9 minimum points wise.

Those late goals at Aberdeen and Perth warmed my cold heart.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2023, 09:31 AM
Mind some posters had us relegated after 3 games :greengrin

Posters had us relegated or in a relegation battle a few weeks back after the Aberdeen semi defeat.

Bristolhibby
07-12-2023, 10:14 AM
Posters had us relegated or in a relegation battle a few weeks back after the Aberdeen semi defeat.

That was a sore one.

I’m sure the Currant Buns will get their obligatory penalty at Hampden.

J

Hermit Crab
07-12-2023, 10:16 AM
From Dundee away to Ross County on the 23rd Dec it's going to cost a total of £147.50 for adult tickets alone, then theres travel, food and drink on top. It's not ideal at this time of year. Forfar away after the break as well.

Billy Whizz
07-12-2023, 05:39 PM
Wonder if Boyle/Miller will be available for the Motherwell game. Australia’s 1st game in the Asian Cup is on the 12th January

Onceinawhile
07-12-2023, 08:47 PM
We usually struggle in livi
St johnstone and Ross county are picking up points with the new manager bounce.

We are highly likely to toil in a way we shouldn't

JimBHibees
08-12-2023, 03:54 PM
Lovi and st Johnston are as easy at it gets in this league though. Dreadful sides

Our record against both is incredibly poor

Tambo
09-12-2023, 04:08 PM
Big win today for us, the same is going to be needed next week with Celtic and St Mirren probably winning their games.

If we can manage to get 6 more points before the Derby that would be brilliant.

worcesterhibby
10-12-2023, 05:27 PM
Hearts have a tough run through to January. Celtic, StMirren, us then an easier match against Ross County at home. Id love to see them go on a poor run, dundee have a game in hand and could catch them in December. We have an easier run in theory, as do Killi and St Mirren.

Mcbizz1998
11-12-2023, 10:24 AM
Win the next 2 and we have a really good shot at being 3rd going into the derby, with Hearts to play St Mirren before then. No easy games but that would be a real boost and an opportunity to extend our lead with a derby win.

:flag:

Hibernian Verse
11-12-2023, 10:46 AM
We could do with Aberdeen winning the cup and keeping Robson

JimBHibees
11-12-2023, 11:46 AM
We could do with Aberdeen winning the cup and keeping Robson

Nah a decent performance but lose to two wrongly awarded penalties by Beaton :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
11-12-2023, 12:32 PM
After this weekend if the clubs with games in hand on 15 games played win one of their games in hand and the ones on 16 win their game in hand there will be 7 teams within 6 points of each other. That's more than half the league .... totally mental after 17 games.

Donegal Hibby
11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Next two games aren't easy by any means and Levein will have St Johnstone right up for the game against us , Ross county seemed to have improved since Adams appointment as most clubs do when they get a new manager .

Both are games we are very capable of winning though , if we could we'd be going into the derby in a nice position considering they have Celtic ( away) and St Mirren ( home ) which are two harder fixtures.

B.H.F.C
11-12-2023, 12:41 PM
Old cliche but we just need to keep putting points on the board and everything else will take care of itself. So many teams are so close to each other that everyone is cutting each other’s throats every week.

Take Hearts playing St Mirren next week. Naturally, you always want Hearts to lose but in terms of the table there isn’t a bad outcome for us in that game if we just win our own.

Real opportunity for us to get to the break in a strong position, that won on Saturday was massive.

Donegal Hibby
11-12-2023, 12:49 PM
Old cliche but we just need to keep putting points on the board and everything else will take care of itself. So many teams are so close to each other that everyone is cutting each other’s throats every week.

Take Hearts playing St Mirren next week. Naturally, you always want Hearts to lose but in terms of the table there isn’t a bad outcome for us in that game.

Real opportunity for us to get to the break in a strong position, that won on Saturday was massive.

Your right about the hertz v st mirren game in there's no bad outcome for us in it though I'd still much rather see St mirren win it and not just for the obvious reason , I don't think St mirren will keep up there good form and they will eventually finish behind us anyway .