PDA

View Full Version : Clubstore

HibbyDave
25-11-2023, 11:42 AM
Sorry if wrong forum. Please feel free to move if so.
Visited the club store today and incredibly they do not have any gift vouchers for sale and no gift bags.
The girl serving was unsure how to produce a gift receipt too.

First world problems, I know but with Xmas a few weeks away this seems like something to be sorted ASAP?

Stubbsy90+2
25-11-2023, 11:43 AM
Sorry if wrong forum. Please feel free to move if so.
Visited the club store today and incredibly they do not have any gift vouchers for sale and no gift bags.
The girl serving was unsure how to produce a gift receipt too.

First world problems, I know but with Xmas a few weeks away this seems like something to be sorted ASAP?

Always found it strange when places don’t offer gift vouchers, whether it’s a shop, restaurant etc.

It’s essentially a guarantee of that money whilst potentially never having to provide anything in return if it remains unused.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2023, 11:47 AM
Were they just out of stock?

I've bought dozens of gift cards down the years as prizes for comps on here. Or did you want actual vouchers rather than a card?

HibbyDave
25-11-2023, 01:04 PM
Gift card or a clubstore voucher would have been fine. They had neither.

But either way… no gift bags/wrapping and although a new (4 months service) member of staff, providing a gift receipt should be standard practice especially when selling clothes with dubious sizing on labels 😀
Maybe just a lack of training for the person serving as another member of staff showed how to produce a gift receipt.

alibaba
25-11-2023, 04:27 PM
Gift card or a clubstore voucher would have been fine. They had neither.

But either way… no gift bags/wrapping and although a new (4 months service) member of staff, providing a gift receipt should be standard practice especially when selling clothes with dubious sizing on labels [emoji3]
Maybe just a lack of training for the person serving as another member of staff showed how to produce a gift receipt.

Maybe I’m not the brightest but what is the point of a gift receipt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tanfield
25-11-2023, 04:38 PM
Maybe I’m not the brightest but what is the point of a gift receipt?

Allows the recipient to swap the item without needing the actual receipt, payment card etc

alibaba
25-11-2023, 06:11 PM
Allows the recipient to swap the item without needing the actual receipt, payment card etc

But surely a normal receipt would do the same

McD
25-11-2023, 06:19 PM
But surely a normal receipt would do the same

Gift receipt doesn’t show the price, just the item

Pete70
25-11-2023, 06:19 PM
I don’t think a gift receipt shows the price of the item purchased.

alibaba
25-11-2023, 06:22 PM
Gift receipt doesn’t show the price, just the item

But if they take it back they will then know the price or am I missing something

Eyrie
25-11-2023, 09:27 PM
But if they take it back they will then know the price or am I missing something

You get the gift receipt with the present so you can return it if it isn't the right size.

If it does fit, then you're unaware of how much was spent on you.