PDA

View Full Version : FF LOWER Consultation

Nakedmanoncrack
17-11-2023, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure Safe Standing was even mentioned in the initial consultation?

"Safe Standing Section
Further Consultation
Following initial in-person and online consultations with supporters regarding the introduction of a safe standing section to the Famous Five Lower, the Club are now looking for additional feedback from Season Ticket Holders on a range of points that were raised and discovered.

Please complete the short survey by clicking the link below. The survey takes roughly five minutes to complete."

hibsforeurope
17-11-2023, 07:22 PM
Is this a new survey? Where can it be accessed?

Muzzy
17-11-2023, 07:26 PM
Yes, a new survey. Hibs should have sent an e-mail to the account you’ve set up for ticketing 👍🏻

aljo7-0
17-11-2023, 07:26 PM
I got emailed by Hibs with the link to it. Read to me that they are asking season ticket holders in this survey

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 07:29 PM
"Consultation"

Since90+2
17-11-2023, 07:29 PM
Groundhog Day this. Just get it done. Ridiculous we are still talking about this.

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 07:36 PM
Groundhog Day this. Just get it done. Ridiculous we are still talking about this.

Aye, magic. B7 have energised the match day experience and should get their own special, additional-cost designated area. Might fill half of it.

Keith_M
17-11-2023, 07:37 PM

No, it really isn't

It's nowhere near as as simple as a lot of people continually make it out to be.

BobbyT1875
17-11-2023, 07:38 PM
I’d rather money is spent on improving the team . Play fitba like mogga’s team and ER will be bouncing

BobbyT1875
17-11-2023, 07:40 PM
Aye, magic. B7 have energised the match day experience and should get their own special, additional-cost designated area. Might fill half of it.

Filled a few rows for euro games . Interesting thinking about spending 100s or 1000s. Mental .

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 07:41 PM
Filled a few rows for euro games . Interesting thinking about spending 100s or 1000s. Mental .

150 to 200 of them at the Killie game.

Malthibby
17-11-2023, 07:45 PM
All ST holders should get an e-mail so at least the club are asking for our views. I just see that as positive.....

Hibby Kay-Yay
17-11-2023, 07:46 PM
I’d rather money is spent on improving the team . Play fitba like mogga’s team and ER will be bouncing

What did we win under Mogga again?

Since452
17-11-2023, 07:47 PM

100%

hibsforeurope
17-11-2023, 07:47 PM
Yes, a new survey. Hibs should have sent an e-mail to the account you’ve set up for ticketing 👍🏻

Thanks, not had it to mine or my daughters accounts. Do you know roughly when it was sent?

B.H.F.C
17-11-2023, 07:50 PM

It won’t be an area for Block 7 though, just an area where Block 7 will choose to go. Anybody else will be entitled to do the same. Sadly, there’s now an us v them type thing between Block 7 and the wider support which will probably impact the success of it.

Muzzy
17-11-2023, 07:50 PM
Thanks, not had it to mine or my daughters accounts. Do you know roughly when it was sent?

I received it just after 5pm to my e-mail.

marinello59
17-11-2023, 07:52 PM

We didn’t win anything but the football was frequently joyful to watch.

marinello59
17-11-2023, 07:53 PM
It won’t be an area for Block 7 though, just an area where Block 7 will choose to go. Anybody else will be entitled to do the same. Sadly, there’s now an us v them type thing between Block 7 and the wider support which will probably impact the success of it.

Aye, one of the questions is would you move there if it was installed.

BobbyT1875
17-11-2023, 07:54 PM

Pass

Mikey_1875
17-11-2023, 08:05 PM
Worthwhile questionnaire I think. I don’t really have any interest in joining a “singing section” FFL but an unallocated standing area behind the goal I would consider moving to. I think then it would be natural to react/sing more often in that area as things were unfolding on the park compared to currently sitting in the East. A lot might depend on how it is marketed by the club.

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 08:15 PM

The atmosphere-draining drum, crowd-excluding songbook and mocking the Ibrox dead will do the trick.

B.H.F.C
17-11-2023, 08:21 PM
The atmosphere-draining drum, crowd-excluding songbook and mocking the Ibrox dead will do the trick.

They make up about 0.1% of the crowd at a home game so nothing to stop everyone else getting on with what they prefer.

hibsforeurope
17-11-2023, 08:22 PM

That’s the worry, the small group seem to know what they are singing but it just come over as an uninspiring mumble.

wookie70
17-11-2023, 08:25 PM
I think an answered mostly in favour of the last consultation but I didn't realise the move was for safe standing and potentially 10s of thousands spent so a couple of hundred lads can get what they want. That is a major investment and I would want some cost benefits analysis done as well as the fans views. I'll just be happy that B7 and the drum are pretty much as far from my seat as you can get but I think that can be achieved without changing the stadium.

BobbyT1875
17-11-2023, 08:25 PM
That’s the worry, the small group seem to know what they are singing but it just come over as an uninspiring mumble.

and their immature response to the east and west singing old school hibs songs in euro games . B7 megaphone dude trying what them to sing different songs

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 08:26 PM
They make up about 0.1% of the crowd at a home game so nothing to stop everyone else getting on with what they prefer.

They could stay where they are then.

B.H.F.C
17-11-2023, 08:26 PM

Was good at the European games when the rest of the crowd just cracked on with the old Hibs songs. There is a benefit to having a full, or pretty full, stand behind the goals as well though.

B.H.F.C
17-11-2023, 08:30 PM
They could stay where they are then.

Again, changes to the famous five aren’t just for their benefit though are they? It’s an area that is, in the main, empty that they’re trying to change, populate and enhance the atmosphere through doing so. Would be daft not to to get on with doing that just because people don’t care much for a tiny section of the support.

BobbyT1875
17-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Again, changes to the famous five aren’t just for their benefit though are they? It’s an area that is, in the main, empty that they’re trying to change, populate and enhance the atmosphere through doing so. Would be daft not to to get on with doing that just because people don’t care much for a tiny section of the support.

It will only create empty seats if fans move from current seats

bingo70
17-11-2023, 08:34 PM
I like the idea of a standing section in the famous five lower, if block 7 will be there with their big flags then that will rule me out though, unlike them I want to see the game.

If they’re going to be there without the flags I think it could be a good thing for the stadium.

hibsforeurope
17-11-2023, 08:45 PM
Was good at the European games when the rest of the crowd just cracked on with the old Hibs songs. There is a benefit to having a full, or pretty full, stand behind the goals as well though.

Agreed I am all for safe standing BTG and would indicate that if the survey email ever comes through.
I just don’t think the main factor in this move should be B7, they seem To bring more trouble than atmosphere.

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 08:46 PM

I don't disgree with that overall, but B7 kill atmosphere with the drum and their tiktok songs. I'm all in for safe standing but don't see it helping, which makes the cost and loss of goodwill moving folk difficult to justify.

CB Hibs 68
17-11-2023, 09:19 PM
I don't disgree with that overall, but B7 kill atmosphere with the drum and their tiktok songs. I'm all in for safe standing but don't see it helping, which makes the cost and loss of goodwill moving folk difficult to justify.
Simple for me .Hibs need to ramp up the atmosphere.Without Block 7 the stadium would be dead.End of story no argument.Watch what goes on across the continent and see what happens in Scotland .Give the young team there space..If I was 40 years younger I would be in there.

CapitalGreen
17-11-2023, 09:26 PM

I’d be interested in some examples of teams which have introduced a designated singing/safe standing section which has resulted in the atmosphere at the stadium being killed. Can think of loads of examples of atmosphere being improved but struggling for examples of the opposite, can you provide any?

CapitalGreen
17-11-2023, 09:29 PM
A reminder again that there have been calls for a safe standing area from Hibs fans since long before most of B7 were born and any safe standing section would continue to exist long after B7 and the current ultras trend fizzles out.

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 09:32 PM
I’d be interested in some examples of teams which have introduced a designated singing/safe standing section which has resulted in the atmosphere at the stadium being killed. Can think of loads of examples of atmosphere being improved but struggling for examples of the opposite, can you provide any?

I'm basing it on our experience. The safe standing will be where B7 go. They suck the atmosphere right out.

I love a sing song. Love it. Been struggling for one in recent times.

EastStandGates
17-11-2023, 09:34 PM

I agree less European la la la's and more traditional songs should be introduced. But people have incredibly short memories. The reason these groups have been started and scene growing - is because Scottish football stadiums were depressingly quiet. There was no atmosphere and without them there would be no atmosphere - so they can't kill something that isn't there.

Also, not a fan of the la la la's? Do something about it. B7 don't have exclusive rights on singing. Nothing stop you and a group of mates standing together singing something different. But I guess moaning in the internet is easier than doing something in real life...

bingo70
17-11-2023, 09:36 PM
Simple for me .Hibs need to ramp up the atmosphere.Without Block 7 the stadium would be dead.End of story no argument.Watch what goes on across the continent and see what happens in Scotland .Give the young team there space..If I was 40 years younger I would be in there.

There is an argument against what you’re saying to be fair, even if you say there’s no argument against it.

My boy is 10 year old absolutely loves the whole ultras culture, we’re going to the Edinburgh city game tomorrow and him and his pals will chant the same songs the B7 songs do all game at Easter road. Nobody outwith these groups joins in with these chants though so IMO it actually kills the atmosphere more than it adds to it.

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 09:39 PM
I agree less European la la la's and more traditional songs should be introduced. But people have incredibly short memories. The reason these groups have been started and scene growing - is because Scottish football stadiums were depressingly quiet. There was no atmosphere and without them there would be no atmosphere - so they can't kill something that isn't there.

Also, not a fan of the la la la's? Do something about it. B7 don't have exclusive on singing. Nothing stop you and a group of mates standing together singing something different.

If there was a lack of atmosphere it was because of terrible teams and us ending up in the Championship with 8000 fans.

Sadly I don't attend with a big enough group of mates to start a song, but based on how the Chosen Ones reacted when the East did just that against Villa, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

17-11-2023, 09:41 PM
Haven't looked at the survey yet but if they priced the safe standing seats the same as the gold seats then I'd vote for it. At the moment an adult ST in the FF is £35 cheaper than a gold ST so if they made the safe standing seats the same price they'd pay for themselves in 5 years or so rather than everyone else having to subsidise them.

EastStandGates
17-11-2023, 09:49 PM
If there was a lack of atmosphere it was because of terrible teams and us ending up in the Championship with 8000 fans.

Sadly I don't attend with a big enough group of mates to start a song, but based on how the Chosen Ones reacted when the East did just that against Villa, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

It's been dire since the east was pulled down about 15 years ago.

CapitalGreen
17-11-2023, 09:50 PM
I'm basing it on our experience. The safe standing will be where B7 go. They suck the atmosphere right out.

I love a sing song. Love it. Been struggling for one in recent times.

So you don’t know of one club in the whole world where a designated singing/safe standing section has been introduced and it has killed the atmosphere at a stadium but you are entirely confident it would happen at Easter Road because you dislike a group of our fans.

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 09:52 PM
So you don’t know of one club in the whole world where a designated singing/safe standing section has been introduced and it has killed the atmosphere at a stadium but you are entirely confident it would happen at Easter Road because you dislike a group of our fans.

Do you know of one where it has improved it? I can only base my opinion on what I know.

JohnM1875
17-11-2023, 10:59 PM
I’m all for a standing section. Very easy for me to say though cause I’m west upper, also have zero intention to move into a signing section. If the proposed signing section affected me I’d be dead against it and fuming. So it’s a difficult one.

CB Hibs 68
17-11-2023, 11:02 PM
There is an argument against what you’re saying to be fair, even if you say there’s no argument against it.

My boy is 10 year old absolutely loves the whole ultras culture, we’re going to the Edinburgh city game tomorrow and him and his pals will chant the same songs the B7 songs do all game at Easter road. Nobody outwith these groups joins in with these chants though so IMO it actually kills the atmosphere more than it adds to it.
Yeah but there is no atmosphere at ER without B7 apart from the occasional game we win against Hearts or the OF..ER can be a library ijust like Tynie and Ibrox and Parkhead.Scottish Fitba atmosphere wise is rubbish and having a downer on the only fans that make an effort to create some noise is not good

JohnM1875
17-11-2023, 11:08 PM

Agree with that. Zero originality these days and hear the same songs at every stadium across the country. Totally agree with it takes away from the atmosphere more than it adds. And don’t get me started on the drum.

JohnM1875
17-11-2023, 11:10 PM
Yeah but there is no atmosphere at ER without B7 apart from the occasional game we win against Hearts or the OF..ER can be a library ijust like Tynie and Ibrox and Parkhead.Scottish Fitba atmosphere wise is rubbish and having a downer on the only fans that make an effort to create some noise is not good

No atmosphere without B7? That’s just pish to be fair. If anything it’s probably because no one get’s a chance due to the monotonous drum beating.

Diclonius
17-11-2023, 11:20 PM
Happy with a standing section as long as it's not ringfenced for Block 7.

18-11-2023, 12:09 AM
It’s not really about B7 for me because my patience is running thin with them. Used to think it was the way ahead but they create a noise not an atmosphere - believe they didn’t even get past the turnstiles away v Villa because they thought they could do what they want. Without them best atmosphere I’ve had at an away game in years. Standing sections are becoming a big thing in England and I’m old enough to remember what it was like to stand at games. Not done the survey yet but I might consider moving to a standing section if it wasn’t spoilt by 100 or so clones dressed in black thinking it’s all about them.

EastStandGates
18-11-2023, 05:40 AM
Do you know of one where it has improved it? I can only base my opinion on what I know.

Celtic.

Aberdeen.

Since90+2
18-11-2023, 05:46 AM
Celtic.

Aberdeen.

Palace.

Motherwell.

To the other end of the scale I was at a Spartans game a while back and even they now have their own singing section. A group of about 50-60 young lads who were brilliant and definitely added to the atmosphere.

theonlywayisup
18-11-2023, 05:57 AM

Simple for me, Hibs need to get a better team on the pitch. I've been at ER when there's been less than 8,000 in the stadium and the atmosphere was fantastic.

As others have implied, banging a drum doesn't create atmosphere. Nor does singing songs no-one understand create atmosphere.

Since90+2
18-11-2023, 07:25 AM
Simple for me, Hibs need to get a better team on the pitch. I've been at ER when there's been less than 8,000 in the stadium and the atmosphere was fantastic.

As others have implied, banging a drum doesn't create atmosphere. Nor does singing songs no-one understand create atmosphere.

The atmosphere at ER, if we are totally honest, is absolutely terrible out with the 3 category A games.

If we didn't have the singing sections in their various forms over the years there would have been more atmosphere on the moon than ER at run of the mill games.

Northernhibee
18-11-2023, 07:30 AM
If you want to encourage people to sing or make noise, you have to give them the space and opportunity to do that. If there’s a drum endlessly going on then people don’t get the chance to do that.

I think Im OK with a standing/singing section, as long as it’s no drums, no flags.

Trinity Hibee
18-11-2023, 07:39 AM
Went to the standing section at Edinburgh rugby last year. A marked out space in the group you are allocated and it was very good. I’d prefer a standing spot than a seat at the moment

Bristolhibby
18-11-2023, 08:03 AM
Agree with that. Zero originality these days and hear the same songs at every stadium across the country. Totally agree with it takes away from the atmosphere more than it adds. And don’t get me started on the drum.

TBH most fans just copy other fans songs. You can hear versions of our songs all over the country.

J

One Day
18-11-2023, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure Safe Standing was even mentioned in the initial consultation?

"Safe Standing Section
Further Consultation
Following initial in-person and online consultations with supporters regarding the introduction of a safe standing section to the Famous Five Lower, the Club are now looking for additional feedback from Season Ticket Holders on a range of points that were raised and discovered.

Please complete the short survey by clicking the link below. The survey takes roughly five minutes to complete."

Received mine and completed it yesterday

.Sean.
18-11-2023, 08:35 AM
Think after recent incidents the support for this is far less of a certainty. The club surely will surely be weighing up disruption to those currently in the area and much how much it’s going to cost versus accommodating the 100 odd who don’t engage with the wider support and for who a lot of the fanbase just don’t get. I’d have been all for previous ‘singing sections’ getting a safe standing bit behind the goals, you know with them singing actual Hibs songs and being able to identify with what they were trying to achieve, but like a fair chunk of the Hibs support I couldny care less about the Green Brigade wannabes and their nonsense songs copied off every band of Ultras from St Johnstone to Rangers

stuart-farquhar
18-11-2023, 08:39 AM
I'd much prefer a comfy section. Nice warm rugs and a cup of tea and and a digestive (or a bourbon) at half-time.

BoomtownHibees
18-11-2023, 09:12 AM

What would the atmosphere be like at an Edinburgh City game without those guys?

Dmas
18-11-2023, 09:42 AM
Not sure it’s needed to be honest the cost of this should be given to the manager imo we can make stadium improvements once we have it right on the pitch for a change.

I agree with the posters saying B7 are more of a hindrance to atmosphere than a help, people will respond to what’s going on in the game a group of guys banging a drum all the way through singing songs only they know doesn’t help imo I find them a pain in the arse to be blunt about it even more so when there chucking stuff to the pitch and causing other fans grief at away games

Nakedmanoncrack
18-11-2023, 09:53 AM
That drum must be deafeningly loud if its drowning out the atmosphere from other Hibs fans, funnily enough it has no impact on the away support who make more noise than our fans at virtually every game.

Hibbyradge
18-11-2023, 10:01 AM
I'm not against a standing area, but it won't help the atmosphere if the drum continues to dominate that stand. It, and the "songs", don't create atmosphere, they just create unintelligible noise.

Carheenlea
18-11-2023, 10:14 AM
Atmosphere and noise are two different things for me.

A standing area, if big enough in size, would create a better atmosphere in the north end of stadium on match days.

wookie70
18-11-2023, 10:39 AM
Haven't looked at the survey yet but if they priced the safe standing seats the same as the gold seats then I'd vote for it. At the moment an adult ST in the FF is £35 cheaper than a gold ST so if they made the safe standing seats the same price they'd pay for themselves in 5 years or so rather than everyone else having to subsidise them. How many do you think they would sell. I suspect the FFL will have less fans in it if they move the kids section out. Our Ultras are a tiny group and I don't think being behind the goal is a viewpoint most fans like particularly low down. If you are suggesting the tickets should be in the gold band then it would make it even less appealing. The idea only works if it ends up getting new fans in because of the atmosphere and the fact you can stand. If it is the same amount of fans then it is just chucking cash away.

nickwhibs
18-11-2023, 11:27 AM
Very much in favour of safe standing area. With or without Block 7

Squealing pig
18-11-2023, 11:32 AM
Standing in the east before it was demolished had a great atmosphere

j'adorehibs
18-11-2023, 12:16 PM

cost to hibs is £150 per safe standing space for 1 person......only looking at section 18 for now so not a massive cost. id urge everyone to mention celtic/rangers in the matchday experience and ask for allocations to be cut and hibs to stand up to sectarianism . id gladly pay an extra £20 a season ticket for that

as for the standing area - please no flags during match play

DIXIHIBS
18-11-2023, 12:32 PM
Standing in the east before it was demolished had a great atmosphere

It was so much easier for those wanting to sing etc to congregate in the same area. All seated makes this very difficult. Love the old east.

Itsnoteasy
18-11-2023, 01:36 PM
cost to hibs is £150 per safe standing space for 1 person......only looking at section 18 for now so not a massive cost. id urge everyone to mention celtic/rangers in the matchday experience and ask for allocations to be cut and hibs to stand up to sectarianism . id gladly pay an extra £20 a season ticket for that

That old cut C & R allocation. We can't even fill the home end, but let's just lose out on guaranteed cash

j'adorehibs
18-11-2023, 01:55 PM
That old cut C & R allocation. We can't even fill the home end, but let's just lose out on guaranteed cash

how are other clubs managing ? and as i say increase season tickets by £20....may actually encourage more hibs fans to attend such matches ......especially familys

worth a shot i reckon

CentreLine
18-11-2023, 02:12 PM
I'd much prefer a comfy section. Nice warm rugs and a cup of tea and and a digestive (or a bourbon) at half-time.

Oi! Never mind knocking what we get in the Albion Bar 😉🥃🥟🥧🍷🍻

CentreLine
18-11-2023, 02:20 PM
I filled my survey in yesterday. Bit of a mixed bag as I am all for there being a safe standing area. Emphasis has to be on the SAFE thing.

If it gets overcrowded and people pushed out of their space, with stairways blocked, as happens in the away end, then it’s no longer safe. I suggest such an area would need to be heavily stewarded. What happens when it becomes the place where missiles are lunched onthe pitch, along with pitch incursions. Does it have to be closed down to the detriment of this fabled atmosphere?

Iain G
18-11-2023, 02:29 PM

The drum is ****ing awful and does my head in!

Iain G
18-11-2023, 02:31 PM
how are other clubs managing ? and as i say increase season tickets by £20....may actually encourage more hibs fans to attend such matches ......especially familays

worth a shot i reckon

Increase everyone's season ticket price to accommodate a few who want to stand? Maybe change thw people who want the standing section instead of penalising othera? 🤷🏻

CapitalGreen
18-11-2023, 02:35 PM
Increase everyone's season ticket price to accommodate a few who want to stand? Maybe change thw people who want the standing section instead of penalising othera? 🤷🏻

He wasn’t talking about a standing section.

j'adorehibs
18-11-2023, 03:11 PM
Increase everyone's season ticket price to accommodate a few who want to stand? Maybe change thw people who want the standing section instead of penalising othera? ����

no, increase all season ticket sales to accomodate reducing the rantic allocation of tickets - nothing about standing section

Since90+2
18-11-2023, 03:30 PM

Is that not the west?

stuart-farquhar
18-11-2023, 03:49 PM
Is that not the west?

I suppose so. Though I have to bring my own rug and biscuits.

LaMotta
19-11-2023, 08:04 AM

If it was that simple to get a better team on the pitch then we wouldn't spend most years on here wondering where it all went wrong on the pitch.

Modernising the stadium for a very modest sum (estimated £200k) in line with growing demand for safe standing areas is a big yes from me. The main benefit IMO is that it will help improve the visual atmosphere at ER. Eurooean games were tremendous this season in that respect.

leith lynx
21-11-2023, 09:52 PM
Season ticket holder and still not received the survey, anybody else the same?

PHeffernan
21-11-2023, 10:29 PM
how are other clubs managing ? and as i say increase season tickets by £20....may actually encourage more hibs fans to attend such matches ......especially familys

worth a shot i reckon

So in the current cost of living crisis you would increase season ticket prices by a further £20 which would bring in less £200k a season
and you would get rid of the Rantic supporters which would lose Hibs £500k a season
and you would spend £250k on a safe standing area in the FF

As a great tennis player once said "You cannot be serious!"

What we really need is another 1500 season ticket holders to fill up the 3 home stands.

PHeffernan
21-11-2023, 10:43 PM

The club would put out a load of marketing clap trap behind such a service and call it "The Hibs Class Section" and charge £100 a game for those that wished to avail themselves of it.

18Craig75
22-11-2023, 05:48 AM

I mentioned Celtic & Rangers as well. It’s a pretty grim experience when they come to town. Understand the commercial reasons for taking their money: but the goal should ultimately be to encourage Hibs fans back so we can sell to our own rather than those. As we saw in Lennons tenure it’s definitely possible.

Would like the club to acknowledge this and bring in a strategy to work towards it.

j'adorehibs
22-11-2023, 09:54 PM
So in the current cost of living crisis you would increase season ticket prices by a further £20 which would bring in less £200k a season
and you would get rid of the Rantic supporters which would lose Hibs £500k a season

What we really need is another 1500 season ticket holders to fill up the 3 home stands.

How are killie aberdeen etc managing?

PHeffernan
22-11-2023, 11:59 PM
How are killie aberdeen etc managing?

What is it you think they are managing?
and
Do you have figures to evidence it?

PHeffernan
23-11-2023, 12:17 AM
I mentioned Celtic & Rangers as well. It’s a pretty grim experience when they come to town. Understand the commercial reasons for taking their money: but the goal should ultimately be to encourage Hibs fans back so we can sell to our own rather than those. As we saw in Lennons tenure it’s definitely possible.

Would like the club to acknowledge this and bring in a strategy to work towards it.

Lennon had a golden spell of half a season in 2018, then Stubbs players started to leave which culminated in McGinn leaving in August 2018. Lennon was lost after that, made some bizarre team selections and was eventually suspended and binned in January 2019 with Hibs a lowly 8th.

Then we had a global pandemic and a poor recruitment strategy
Now we are working our way back
Crowds will grow when the team improves which will begin next season.
Fortunately, until such time as we have sufficient demand from our own supporters Rantic supporters will continue to give us half a million quid a season for our unused seats in the South.

j'adorehibs
23-11-2023, 08:32 AM
What is it you think they are managing?
and
Do you have figures to evidence it?

Not figures but this from the Kilmarnock. So would appear it can be done and that was without increasing season ticket prices

Kilmarnock have announced that they have suffered no loss of income from the decision taken to cut the away allocation for travelling Celtic and Rangers fans.In a report produced by Managing Director Phyllis McLeish, the Premiership side that they are ‘proud of the outcome’ after Old Firm fans received just one stand at Rugby Park for away fixtures.
The MD report reads: “The decision taken to prioritise our own family support by cutting a second away stand for Old Firm games has been successful and we are very proud of the outcome.”

NAE NOOKIE
23-11-2023, 11:25 AM
How many do you think they would sell. I suspect the FFL will have less fans in it if they move the kids section out. Our Ultras are a tiny group and I don't think being behind the goal is a viewpoint most fans like particularly low down. If you are suggesting the tickets should be in the gold band then it would make it even less appealing. The idea only works if it ends up getting new fans in because of the atmosphere and the fact you can stand. If it is the same amount of fans then it is just chucking cash away.

I don't get why folk fixate on Block7 in this debate. All this will be ( if it happens ) is a safe standing area, you wouldn't have to be part of any supporters group to buy a ticket for it ... plenty of folk who bought tickets for the European games weren't part of Block7 ... I stood there for the Borussia Dortmund game .. I doubt there's many 63 year old ultras :greengrin

The other thing I don't get is the idea some folk have in their heads, that if an FF lower safe standing section isn't packed from the word go it will be considered a failure. What's wrong with hoping it will grow gradually, which I for one think it would.

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2023, 11:27 AM
I don't get why folk fixate on Block7 in this debate. All this will be ( if it happens ) is a safe standing area, you wouldn't have to be part of any supporters group to buy a ticket for it ... plenty of folk who bought tickets for the European games weren't part of Block7 ... I stood there for the Borussia Dortmund game .. I doubt there's many 63 year old ultras :greengrin

The other thing I don't get is the idea some folk have in their heads, that if an FF lower safe standing section isn't packed from the word go it will be considered a failure. What's wrong with hoping it will grow gradually, which I for one think it would.
:top marks

B.H.F.C
23-11-2023, 12:18 PM

Totally agree. The way it currently is in the FFL hasn’t worked for a long time and isn’t going to change any time soon. Implementing something different, even with a view to developing and making it better over a period of time, is still the right thing to do IMO.

Since90+2
23-11-2023, 02:41 PM
Totally agree. The way it currently is in the FFL hasn’t worked for a long time and isn’t going to change any time soon. Implementing something different, even with a view to developing and making it better over a period of time, is still the right thing to do IMO.

Totally agree.

It can't be any worse in the FFL in terms of atmosphere or actual match day attendance (and how that impacts the perception of the club) than it is at the moment.

PHeffernan
23-11-2023, 07:02 PM
Not figures but this from the Kilmarnock. So would appear it can be done and that was without increasing season ticket prices

Kilmarnock have announced that they have suffered no loss of income from the decision taken to cut the away allocation for travelling Celtic and Rangers fans.In a report produced by Managing Director Phyllis McLeish, the Premiership side that they are ‘proud of the outcome’ after Old Firm fans received just one stand at Rugby Park for away fixtures.
The MD report reads: “The decision taken to prioritise our own family support by cutting a second away stand for Old Firm games has been successful and we are very proud of the outcome.”

There is a whole load of spin on that misleading statement from the Kilmarnock MD.

Last season the SPL had it's highest average attendances this century yet the average Kilmarnock attendance was still less than it was in the season before they reduced the number of Rantic supporters in their ground.

A few facts:
in the season before Kilmarnock reduced Rantic supporters to 1 stand their average home attendance was 6,900
last season with Rantic supporters reduced to 1 stand the average home attendance was 6,450
Multiply 450 by 19 home games and you have 8,550 less fans attended Rugby Park over the season

As regards comparing Hibs situation with Kilmarnock re Rantic supporters you are not comparing apples with apples
Prior to their change of allocation Kilmarnock fans were massively outnumbered by Rantic supporters at their home games against Rantic.
They now give Rantic supporters 4,500 tickets in 1 stand. However, at their most recent Rantic game there were 8,002 supporters at the game so they were still outnumbered!
Hibs currently give Rantic supporters 1 stand and 3591 tickets at Easter Road and our own supporters massively outnumber Rantic supporters at all of these games so we don't have the issues that Kilmarnock faced with Rantic supporters taking over their ground.

hibsforeurope
23-11-2023, 07:36 PM
Season ticket holder and still not received the survey, anybody else the same?

Yeh, our group never got an email. Emailed Kieran and he sent it over to fill out.

hibsforeurope
23-11-2023, 07:42 PM

We wouldn’t be giving away £500k as we would need to give them some sort of Allocation.
Reducing the amount/volume of bile and hatred they come From them is work more than money.

PHeffernan
23-11-2023, 08:13 PM
We wouldn’t be giving away £500k as we would need to give them some sort of Allocation.
Reducing the amount/volume of bile and hatred they come From them is work more than money.

The club clearly disagrees with you as they have never ever commented adversely about Rantic supporters behaviour at Easter Road.
I've even heard our executives favourite Abba song is

"Money. Money, Money".
They love it and they love the Celgers supporters who never let them down. Hibernian FC can rely on them to fill our sea of empty seats year after year whilst our fair weather and cup final only supporters are watching the games on their hooky firesticks.

jakedance
23-11-2023, 08:16 PM
I’m all for this. The Block7 debate doesn’t really come into it for me, but nevertheless the ultras culture is what is drawing young people to games and the club needs to be attractive to them.

PatHead
25-11-2023, 08:56 AM
There is a whole load of spin on that misleading statement from the Kilmarnock MD.

Last season the SPL had it's highest average attendances this century yet the average Kilmarnock attendance was still less than it was in the season before they reduced the number of Rantic supporters in their ground.

A few facts:
in the season before Kilmarnock reduced Rantic supporters to 1 stand their average home attendance was 6,900
last season with Rantic supporters reduced to 1 stand the average home attendance was 6,450
Multiply 450 by 19 home games and you have 8,550 less fans attended Rugby Park over the season

As regards comparing Hibs situation with Kilmarnock re Rantic supporters you are not comparing apples with apples
Prior to their change of allocation Kilmarnock fans were massively outnumbered by Rantic supporters at their home games against Rantic.
They now give Rantic supporters 4,500 tickets in 1 stand. However, at their most recent Rantic game there were 8,002 supporters at the game so they were still outnumbered!
Hibs currently give Rantic supporters 1 stand and 3591 tickets at Easter Road and our own supporters massively outnumber Rantic supporters at all of these games so we don't have the issues that Kilmarnock faced with Rantic supporters taking over their ground.

Think you have to look at the longer term position though. I think Killie are saying that they have increased their home support over the course of a season. St mirren have done the same. I know a lot of folk who don't go to The Rangers/Celtic games because of the bile and a lot more who don't take their kids to it.

Personally I would cut their allocation as their support does help spur them on and influence the referees.
I also would put visiting fans of other clubs in the top tier to reduce the atmosphere for the away players.
Couldn't care how it looks for telly viewers if it helps our team.
Over time I think that our support may increase to cover any losses.

04-01-2024, 09:31 PM
I see Bournemouth are putting in safe standing next month. I can imagine the club's discussions with Foley have accelerated the prospect of us getting it, as part of the plans for stadium improvements.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/24028302.afc-bournemouth-introduce-safe-standing-vitality-stadium/

RMQ1967
04-01-2024, 09:57 PM
Think you have to look at the longer term position though. I think Killie are saying that they have increased their home support over the course of a season. St mirren have done the same. I know a lot of folk who don't go to The Rangers/Celtic games because of the bile and a lot more who don't take their kids to it.

Personally I would cut their allocation as their support does help spur them on and influence the referees.
I also would put visiting fans of other clubs in the top tier to reduce the atmosphere for the away players.
Couldn't care how it looks for telly viewers if it helps our team.
Over time I think that our support may increase to cover any losses.

Don't believe this is the case. Their fans react to their performances on the pitch.

I look forward to the days when we have a great team on the pitch & 3500 of them are sitting depressed listening to us celebrating & then drain out of the stand in silence.

Take their money & use it to improve our club. If we're winning there won't be any bile.

Slim Shady
04-01-2024, 10:27 PM
I see Bournemouth are putting in safe standing next month. I can imagine the club's discussions with Foley have accelerated the prospect of us getting it, as part of the plans for stadium improvements.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/24028302.afc-bournemouth-introduce-safe-standing-vitality-stadium/

Already agreed, few rows from windows down either side of the whole block behind the goals. Will coincide with the refurb of behind the goals to include bar, new office and new shop.

Forza Fred
04-01-2024, 11:47 PM
I think everybody knows how it works know but still, the reference to ‘attendances’ is no longer a true one in the strict meaning of the word.

The figures these days, at the direction of the Scottish
League…refer to ‘ticket sales’…meaning for exa,ple… if you have bought a season ticket..and carked it…you are still included as an attendee.

As another example…In Oz we all put in each year for a local Scottish charity and buy a few season tickets in their name…….no doubt they are used most weeks, but just as possible some weeks they are not…but are still counted as being in attendance every home league game.

Different to when I was a laddie and the fair dinkum attendance figures were discussed studiously in the Directors Lounge at half time when they received the breakdown of the totals from the various tur styles.

mutley
05-01-2024, 01:13 AM
Already agreed, few rows from windows down either side of the whole block behind the goals. Will coincide with the refurb of behind the goals to include bar, new office and new shop.

I heard this too at the weekend , from someone that done the stadium tour .

Will be good to get another bar, but not sure if it will work like the old BTG or like the one in the West

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hermit Crab
05-01-2024, 01:52 AM

They need to do the whole lower section or not at all. Just seems half arsed otherwise.

Glory Lurker
05-01-2024, 05:45 AM
There was supposed to be a meeting for folk in the FFL before the derby. Was anyone at it?

nickwhibs
05-01-2024, 01:34 PM
They need to do the whole lower section or not at all. Just seems half arsed otherwise.

Would prefer the full tier too, but glad to hear there will safe standing coming in at least. It’s a start