PDA

View Full Version : Jambos Accounts

gbhibby
14-11-2023, 07:10 PM
https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/heart-of-midlothian-annual-report-financial-statements-and-agm-notice

£6M In donations 300k profit[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Irish_Steve
14-11-2023, 07:22 PM
Turnover up 42%

Profits, er, some

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 07:35 PM
So despite all the Conference League money earnings (over £7m) they have relied on a £4.5m donation from Anderson to make a small £298k profit.

No wonder they focus on turnover in the press release and hide the profit.

greenginger
14-11-2023, 07:44 PM
Does it say how much they’ve spent on the hotel with nae windows ?

Pagan Hibernia
14-11-2023, 07:48 PM
It's continuously reassuring how much money that lot pish down the drain, year after year.

HoboHarry
14-11-2023, 07:49 PM
So despite all the Conference League money earnings (over £7m) they have relied on a £4.5m donation from Anderson to make a small £298k profit.

Same for Sevco. Reporting a profit of 252,000 after those mugs that run Ajax paid 20M for Bassey.

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 07:50 PM

😂

You would never guess it’s as little as 300k by the tone of the announcement.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 07:54 PM
Same for Sevco. Reporting a profit of 252,000 after those mugs that run Ajax paid 20M for Bassey.

That's mad when you add in their Champions League earnings. Totally frittered it all away.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 07:56 PM
😂

You would never guess it’s as little as 300k by the tone of the announcement.

The funny thing is by them doing it that way you have Jambos on Twitter who seem to think the £20m is profit, rather than turnover. :hilarious

Bostonhibby
14-11-2023, 08:02 PM
The funny thing is by them doing it that way you have Jambos on Twitter who seem to think the £20m is profit, rather than turnover. :hilariousThey owe it to themselves, perfectly understandable they will want to claim big numbers as a panacea for the big lumps of money they drop into the bottomless pit every season.

It's like Mad Vlad but with certificates.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
14-11-2023, 08:10 PM
When are our accounts expected?

easty
14-11-2023, 08:51 PM

Did Ajax no sell him on to Fulham for a small profit tae :confused:

cocteautwin
14-11-2023, 08:52 PM
Holy Crap. They got over £6m in donations this year from Anderson and FoH. Must take it over £50m of donations from those two the past few years. £50m, no trophies, 2 points ahead of Hibs. It was all worth it.

banchoryhibs
14-11-2023, 08:55 PM
At the risk of talking some sense - Anderson's money was guaranteed in advance and FoH's membership remains incredibly loyal where donations stay above £1.5m.

So their "excessive" spending only equates to spending known receipts.

They are not piling up debt. Look at their balance sheet. Long term creditors have reduced by £1.25m and there's no significant change in their short term creditors.

UEFA receipts - over £7m!

I hate to say it but I wish our accounts could look like this.

I'll be very interested to hear what our Board's vision is to compete. To me it appears that we are the ones spending well beyond our means.

cocteautwin
14-11-2023, 09:15 PM
At the risk of talking some sense - Anderson's money was guaranteed in advance and FoH's membership remains incredibly loyal where donations stay above £1.5m.

They are not piling up debt. Look at their balance sheet. Long term creditors have reduced by £1.25m and there's no significant change in their short term creditors.

I'll be very interested to hear what our Board's vision is to compete. To me it appears that we are the ones spending well beyond our means.

I wish our accounts could show the same income but I’d also hope the fans would question the situation if £50m was spent to be 2 points ahead of our city rivals. It’s amazing how good at raising money the Hearts are . . . . and at the same time quite astonishing how bad they are at spending it.

Tyler Durden
14-11-2023, 09:23 PM

They have a wage bill (overall) in excess of £15m now. Surely the key point is that with those outgoings, they should be well clear in third place?

Also when they drop £5m in revenue next year (given limited European income) they’ll still be carrying the inflated wage bill. The £4.5m from Anderson isn’t an indefinite donation is it? So far it’s helped them overspend on a new stand and erm, not much else

MagicSwirlingShip
14-11-2023, 09:23 PM

Sniff

banchoryhibs
14-11-2023, 09:24 PM
I'm only glad that their choice of manager has been poor and that they manage to find deep holes to pour their money into.

danhibees1875
14-11-2023, 09:24 PM

You're right, but the context is they achieved very little, some might say nothing, with that financial advantage.

Are we spending well beyond our means? I missed that? :confused:

oneone73
14-11-2023, 09:25 PM
Sniff

Oh grow up. Banchory Hibs is a well-known HSL stalwart.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 09:31 PM

Even funnier than that - Ajax took a slight loss on what they paid for him, so they didn't have to pay any sell on clause fee to Rangers (which was based on any profits Ajax would make from his sale) :greengrin

1875Sean
14-11-2023, 09:33 PM
£4m from Anderson alone, they may be in trouble if he stops paying in millions per year

HoboHarry
14-11-2023, 09:33 PM

I think they sold him for slightly less than they paid for him, hence Sevco got no sell on fee.

FitbaFolkKen
14-11-2023, 10:09 PM
£4m from Anderson alone, they may be in trouble if he stops paying in millions per year

Why would he contribute for the money to sit as profits? They would be mental to have someone gift them 4.5million a year and then just not spend it.

You are right though, I’d like to see him stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col2
14-11-2023, 10:45 PM
Budge in charge for 10 years, no trophies and 2 relegations.

£6m of donations and £20m record turnover yet tiny profit of £200k

Literally pissed it all away in ***** players and over inflated non playing staff. And paying directors £175k.

Academy is ***** and player sale and clauses in contracts for future sell on’s amateur (see Hickey example)

Truly staggering waste of money.

MagicSwirlingShip
14-11-2023, 10:50 PM
Oh grow up. Banchory Hibs is a well-known HSL stalwart.

Not that well known, evidently. Apologies Banchory, hadn’t yet had Ma supper

banchoryhibs
14-11-2023, 10:53 PM

😉😊

HoboHarry
14-11-2023, 10:54 PM

Well when yer done eating its straight off tae bed wi ye, ya cheeky wee scamp that ye are.

:greengrin

HFC93
14-11-2023, 11:05 PM
How long have they been working on this hotel?

JohnM1875
14-11-2023, 11:10 PM
I just can’t get my head around a hotel in Tynecastle. Sure it’ll probably do well enough to start out with from fans going for the experience.

But unless it’s cheap to stay then I can’t see it being busy throughout the year. What won’t be cheap is operating costs.

gbhibby
14-11-2023, 11:57 PM
I just can’t get my head around a hotel in Tynecastle. Sure it’ll probably do well enough to start out with from fans going for the experience.

But unless it’s cheap to stay then I can’t see it being busy throughout the year. What won’t be cheap is operating costs.
They will not need a window cleaner so that will save some money.
🪟 nae

HoboHarry
15-11-2023, 12:10 AM

It'll be standing room only at the bar. They'll forget to order seats again.

DarrenSQH
15-11-2023, 12:11 AM
21 million turnover to our 11 million.

15 million wage bill to our 8 million.

If they actually used the money sensibly they could be out of sight in 3rd place.

Randomly checked st mirren accounts and their turnover is 4 million. Surely once you get to the Hearts range of 5x more income then you really should be comfortably ahead of the rest.

15-11-2023, 12:34 AM

As LaMotta says above, some Jambos on Twitter think they've made £20m profit so obviously don't know the difference between turnover and profit.

I've seen some of them saying Budge's hotel (aka the Balimmoral Hotel) will bring in £1m profit a year. By my rough calculations, to make £1m turnover, they'll have to charge £140 per room per night (25 rooms) at an occupancy rate of 80% to make £1m turnover. From a bit of googling, a reasonable net profit margin for a hotel is 10% so it would in fact make them around £100k per year.

Like you, I don't imagine it will be that busy. If their targets are indeed around £1m t/o per year, I'd be surprised if they achieve the £140 and 80% needed, though there will be others on here better qualified than me to comment on that. Looking at the latest Scottish Accommodation Occupancy survey, Edinburgh & Lothian occupancy rates for Jan to Aug 2023 are down at 68%. And £140 a night to stay in a windowless room in a 70's office block, in Gorgie....😯

As you say, they might do okay to start with due to fans but I wouldn't be surprised if the novelty factor wore off quite quickly. Even if they do manage £100k net profit per year, it would take them decades to make back what Budge is no doubt spending on it.

My prediction is Budge will overspend the development budget and fall short on the revenue and income targets.

Still, it will help to increase the value of Budge's remaining shareholding (17.4 percent?) just like the donor funded main stand did. If she's got any sense, she'll sell up not long after the Balimmoral is completed.

The Naismith Suite:
"WAKE THE F@*K UP! THIS YOUR 7AM ALARM CALL!!"
https://i.ibb.co/B3gtsVG/FB-IMG-1608519742496-jpg-dc3b761e094bf17ee5fe3c71519de7b4.jpg (https://ibb.co/6w4msR8)

USA_Hibee
15-11-2023, 04:25 AM
Impressive turnover and should show exactly why we should be trying our best to push for 3rd.

I'd be worried about their wages though if I were a Hearts fan.. mental considering the standard of their team.

Springbank
15-11-2023, 05:19 AM
Turnover is vanity
Profit is sanity

And without their benefactor, they are making existential losses

Bridge hibs
15-11-2023, 05:22 AM
It'll be standing room only at the bar. They'll forget to order seats again.

They will use the solitary dining room chair that they have in the dug outs, no doubt they will boast of a 7000 waiting list for a shot of the chair, they are the bigliest club in the city after all

Bridge hibs
15-11-2023, 05:32 AM
Exclusive look at the seating arrangements in new Tiny tiny hotel room 27405

Since452
15-11-2023, 05:44 AM
They have a wage bill (overall) in excess of £15m now. Surely the key point is that with those outgoings, they should be well clear in third place?

Also when they drop £5m in revenue next year (given limited European income) they’ll still be carrying the inflated wage bill. The £4.5m from Anderson isn’t an indefinite donation is it? So far it’s helped them overspend on a new stand and erm, not much else

My Jambo mate said that's exactly the reason they appointed Naismith. Cheap option. They'd budgeted for 3rd place and European group stage football this season. I'd be amazed if they were so naive. Actually no, I wouldn't be amazed. It's Hearts.

Since452
15-11-2023, 05:50 AM
Turnover is vanity
Profit is sanity

If Foley pumps as much money in to Hibs as Anderson has pumped in to Hearts I'd be delighted. Incredible how little the have to show for it though.

Since90+2
15-11-2023, 05:53 AM

If they actually used the money sensibly they could be out of sight in 3rd place.

Randomly checked st mirren accounts and their turnover is 4 million. Surely once you get to the Hearts range of 5x more income then you really should be comfortably ahead of the rest.

About £6 million of that was European group stage football, they won't have that every year. If we manage to get 3rd this season, our accounts would probably not be far off theirs.

MelbourneHibees
15-11-2023, 06:18 AM
Budge in charge for 10 years, no trophies and 2 relegations.

£6m of donations and £20m record turnover yet tiny profit of £200k

Literally pissed it all away in ***** players and over inflated non playing staff. And paying directors £175k.

Academy is ***** and player sale and clauses in contracts for future sell on’s amateur (see Hickey example)

Truly staggering waste of money.
I've no idea what the final spend was and it's not even finished yet but they did sink about £25million into their new stand.
I seen a couple of posts on KB claiming that the benefactor money is irrelevant because Hearts apparently budget for for the money and thus if the honey pot dries up they'll simply not budget for it anymore and it wouldn't impact the accounts :D

Not In The Know
15-11-2023, 06:23 AM
Impressive turnover and should show exactly why we should be trying our best to push for 3rd.

I'd be worried about their wages though if I were a Hearts fan.. mental considering the standard of their team.

who are they paying these crazy wages too? Shankland? Not one decent player left after him…

danhibees1875
15-11-2023, 06:28 AM
Turnover is vanity
Profit is sanity

I'm not sure that translates to football clubs though. They might one day look to make profits to build reserves, but I would imagine their current strategy is to break even. To that end, it makes sense to focus on the increased turnover rather than the small profit.

Elephant in the room of course is the lack of on field success for all of that spending.

Iain G
15-11-2023, 06:35 AM

And, fundamentally, and most importantly, it's in Gorgie and attached to a ****ty football stadium. It's another Budgie vanity project that will haemorrhage money during construction and never make any kind of a profit.

I hope they are bringing in an operator and not running it themselves! Unless BennyFactor really has a fantasy of being Benny from Crossroads...

Hibernian Verse
15-11-2023, 06:41 AM
I've got a meeting with our board at work tomorrow. If I went in and told them we'd done some amazing turnover but didn't make any money I'd get laughed out the room.

BobbyT1875
15-11-2023, 06:49 AM

Meet a wee sort at the BMC and treat her to a night of passion at the Tynecastle
Balmoral

truehibernian
15-11-2023, 06:53 AM
who are they paying these crazy wages too? Shankland? Not one decent player left after him…

Don’t worry, they’ve got a 40 year old with a bionic leg and a centre half with a slinky for a cruciate coming back soon 👍like two new signings according to my Jambo mates.

B.H.F.C
15-11-2023, 07:04 AM

Remember we don’t know what our numbers are for the comparable period. With all the commercial increases etc it should be quite a bit up. Won’t be a £20m turnover but it’ll be up on £11m.

B.H.F.C
15-11-2023, 07:07 AM
Turnover is vanity
Profit is sanity

In the real world it’s about profit but nobody is putting money like that in to a football club to get a return on it.

Thankfully they’re just absolutely useless at using it.

number9dream
15-11-2023, 07:48 AM

Aye. We’re lucky they’ve made a pig’s ear of spending that cash. If Foley does invest in Hibs, hopefully he’ll insist on a wiser strategy.

Bostonhibby
15-11-2023, 07:54 AM
Aye. We’re lucky they’ve made a pig’s ear of spending that cash. If Foley does invest in Hibs, hopefully he’ll insist on a wiser strategy.A hotel with windaes?
That'll do it.

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2023, 07:57 AM
Does it say how much they’ve spent on the hotel with nae windows ?

£1m in that year, £3.8m contracted for in the current year.

nonshinyfinish
15-11-2023, 08:00 AM
Why would he contribute for the money to sit as profits? They would be mental to have someone gift them 4.5million a year and then just not spend it.

You are right though, I’d like to see him stop it.

Of course it doesn't make sense to just bank the donation, but if you're massively increasing your wage bill it might make sense to hold some of it back in case your income drops the following season (such as if, hypothetically, you chucked third place after having it wrapped up (© BBC Scotland) in January).

leith lynx
15-11-2023, 08:12 AM

When you think about it though, that pitch could be easily converted into a heated outdoor swimming pool, the possibilities are endless!

Greenbeard
15-11-2023, 08:14 AM
As LaMotta says above, some Jambos on Twitter think they've made £20m profit so obviously don't know the difference between turnover and profit.

I've seen some of them saying Budge's hotel (aka the Balimmoral Hotel) will bring in £1m profit a year. By my rough calculations, to make £1m turnover, they'll have to charge £140 per room per night (25 rooms) at an occupancy rate of 80% to make £1m turnover. From a bit of googling, a reasonable net profit margin for a hotel is 10% so it would in fact make them around £100k per year.

Like you, I don't imagine it will be that busy. If their targets are indeed around £1m t/o per year, I'd be surprised if they achieve the £140 and 80% needed, though there will be others on here better qualified than me to comment on that. Looking at the latest Scottish Accommodation Occupancy survey, Edinburgh & Lothian occupancy rates for Jan to Aug 2023 are down at 68%. And £140 a night to stay in a windowless room in a 70's office block, in Gorgie....😯

As you say, they might do okay to start with due to fans but I wouldn't be surprised if the novelty factor wore off quite quickly. Even if they do manage £100k net profit per year, it would take them decades to make back what Budge is no doubt spending on it.

My prediction is Budge will overspend the development budget and fall short on the revenue and income targets.

Still, it will help to increase the value of Budge's remaining shareholding (17.4 percent?) just like the donor funded main stand did. If she's got any sense, she'll sell up not long after the Balimmoral is completed.

The Naismith Suite:
"WAKE THE F@*K UP! THIS YOUR 7AM ALARM CALL!!"
https://i.ibb.co/B3gtsVG/FB-IMG-1608519742496-jpg-dc3b761e094bf17ee5fe3c71519de7b4.jpg (https://ibb.co/6w4msR8)
It's actually a good time to be opening a hotel in Edinburgh given the AirBnB licencing pavlova and greatly reduced availability of holiday lets in the city.
But Gorgie?

O'Rourke3
15-11-2023, 08:50 AM
It's actually a good time to be opening a hotel in Edinburgh given the AirBnB licencing pavlova and greatly reduced availability of holiday lets in the city.
But Gorgie?I was chatting to a Jambo on Friday and made the same point. Part of the reason is if the hotel is there then they keep the hospitality going 7 days including events and weddings. Bit of a long odds bet for my liking.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Iain G
15-11-2023, 09:00 AM
But Gorgie?

A hotel doon in Gorgie, by Tynecastle Park,
Wi' maroon velour wallpaper and beds wi' skid marks,
Your sister is welcome, the brewery stench is off the charts,
And it's no' got yon windaes, so you canny see the Hearts

Moulin Yarns
15-11-2023, 09:01 AM
But Gorgie?

Oh I love pavlova 😂

gbhibby
15-11-2023, 09:03 AM
A hotel doon in Gorgie, by Tynecastle Park,
Wi' maroon velour wallpaper and beds wi' skid marks,
Your sister is welcome, the brewery stench is off the charts,
And it's no' got yon windaes, so you canny see the Hearts
🤣🤣

BobbyT1875
15-11-2023, 09:09 AM
We looked at getting a travelodge type hotel built on the land between the east and FF . But no interest in from the major players in this space. That was circa 10 years ago

cocteautwin
15-11-2023, 09:12 AM
£1m in that year, £3.8m contracted for in the current year.

Oh dear. That’s the Anderson money spent this season already. Unless he’s putting in £10m this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
15-11-2023, 09:58 AM

Hotels in Edinburgh fill up pretty quickly so much demand for them.

15-11-2023, 10:06 AM

A large part of the high wage bill is due to the employee on £50k per week they hired because:
https://i.ibb.co/F8zjyDj/download-5.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

MelbourneHibees
15-11-2023, 10:22 AM
A hotel that close to city centre will have plenty custom. 25 rooms is barely a hotel though really is it?

lyonhibs
15-11-2023, 10:23 AM
A large part of the high wage bill is due to the employee on £50k per week they hired because:

Que?

Oscar T Grouch
15-11-2023, 10:29 AM
A hotel that close to city centre will have plenty custom. 25 rooms is barely a hotel though really is it?

I think they want to class it as a boutique hotel, which is fine, if it resembled one in any shape or form. The actual definition of a Boutique Hotel is, "A small stylish hotel, typically one situated in a fashionable urban location". The only match with that description would be small. Leith has boutique hotels because Leith is a Fashionable urban location. Gorgie is not and has no boutique hotels. They will however be able to sell rooms that close to the city centre they just might have to rein in their prices a wee bit :greengrin

gbhibby
15-11-2023, 10:36 AM

You are right and they will be able to charge higher rates during the summer and the Edinburgh Festival
They will probably advertise it as having a Castle View restaurant.

cocopops1875
15-11-2023, 10:38 AM

Hearts have someone on £50k a week 👀

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2023, 10:44 AM

Will the profit cover the £4m that Anderson is currently donating?

Steven79
15-11-2023, 10:46 AM
Will sell out when Scotland play England at Murrayfield but apart from that...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

15-11-2023, 10:50 AM
I think they want to class it as a boutique hotel, which is fine, if it resembled one in any shape or form. The actual definition of a Boutique Hotel is, "A small stylish hotel, typically one situated in a fashionable urban location". The only match with that description would be small. Leith has boutique hotels because Leith is a Fashionable urban location. Gorgie is not and has no boutique hotels. They will however be able to sell rooms that close to the city centre they just might have to rein in their prices a wee bit :greengrin

For boutique read "resembling prison cells", just like for plaza read "big pavement".

Stubbsy90+2
15-11-2023, 10:51 AM

There’s not a chance in hell a hotel in Gorgie with about 20 odd rooms would make anything like that.

I’m not sure where the number 25 came from above, but even 40 rooms, all sold out every single day of the year, would need to be £273 a night on average just to make £4m turnover, never mind profit. Obviously there could be money from other events, but I’d hazard a guess a hotel, if done successfully, would be more likely to make six figures per annum profit. And that’s only if it’s a success.

If it’s 25 rooms as suggested, at say £150 per night, again, all sold out every night of the year, that’s £1.37m before running costs. Considering the fact they won’t be anywhere near completely sold out all year round I’d hazard a guess you could near enough half that amount, potentially more. And again, that’s turnover, not profit.

cocopops1875
15-11-2023, 10:51 AM

Doubt that as the Anderson Money isn’t actually his or for profitable investment as I understand, it’s from a % of profit donated by his clients that’s to be used for worthy causes/community betterment or something.

Someone Correct me if that’s not the case (or at least close) 😂

Hibs4185
15-11-2023, 10:59 AM

Anderson’s fishing isn’t guaranteed. Why the different amounts every year? It’s because he picks up the bill in order to achieve a modest property.

If they need £5 million next year, it’ll be £5.3 million. If they need £3 million it will be £3.2 million.

GreenCastle
15-11-2023, 11:09 AM
There’s not a chance in hell a hotel in Gorgie with about 20 odd rooms would make anything like that.

I’m not sure where the number 25 came from above, but even 40 rooms, all sold out every single day of the year, would need to be £273 a night on average just to make £4m turnover, never mind profit. Obviously there could be money from other events, but I’d hazard a guess a hotel, if done successfully, would be more likely to make six figures per annum profit. And that’s only if it’s a success.

If it’s 25 rooms as suggested, at say £150 per night, again, all sold out every night of the year, that’s £1.37m before running costs. Considering the fact they won’t be anywhere near completely sold out all year round I’d hazard a guess you could near enough half that amount, potentially more. And again, that’s turnover, not profit.

22 rooms according to the Edinburgh Council planning.

Though can only see 20 on the plans.

Counted 9 rooms with no windows.

15-11-2023, 11:40 AM

Their accounts say 25 rooms.

https://i.ibb.co/cXfkTcM/Screenshot-20231115-123840-Samsung-Notes.jpg (https://ibb.co/yBvdsnG)

Stairway 2 7
15-11-2023, 11:49 AM
Killing sold their hotel 10 years ago for £2.6 million so must be some value in it, but that's 50 rooms. Hotel rooms in edin up 12% this year average in £100 per night. With the Airbnb ban that will rise, they will be busy that close to town.

I don't think the profit will be big though

EastStandGates
15-11-2023, 11:51 AM

For certain times, yes. I think when Hearts might've looked at this project, the hotel sector was booming post covid. People had cash, making up for lost time, occupancy rates were incredibly high. It's now getting back to normal though, which for Edinburgh is very high compared to the rest of the country, but far from hotels being full every single night.

I'm not an expert but worked in hotel industry for years. July to September near full occupancy as well as December and any Murrayfield events. April and October school holidays are pretty good. Weekends are steady through-out the year. However, for November, January, February and March it's pretty dead. April and May starts picking up but far from being full.

I was off this week but the hotel I covered last week has 50 rooms. On the Sunday 40 rooms departed, there was 8 staying over and 3 rooms arrived on the Sunday. Sunday into Monday there was 11 rooms occupied. About 20% occupancy, not rare out of season until the weekend comes. To overcome this, its standard for hotels to sell the rooms to coach parties, which is what happened, however coach parties ain't paying anything close to what you and I will pay, depending on the deals involved, maybe a 50-70% discount if its out of season and quiet. I don't see why a coach operator would pick Gorgie though. It's not close enough to be classed as city centre which is a necessity for 1/2 day stopovers, and probably not big enough for a full party especially if a couple of rooms are all ready occupied, you're also competing with city centre places that are stones thrown from the tourist places.

There's a lot of fixed costs too, salaries required will be a manager and maybe a supervisor. 24 hour manned reception is about £265-£300 a day depending on what rate of pay is, and a chef if offering breakfast, and whether there is 1 room occupied or 50 rooms occupied, these costs are pretty much the same. Since Brexit though, wages have gone up slightly and then there's potential nightshift allowances etc too, there's less zero hour shifts and more concrete shift patterns in place (which is great to see!). Housekeepers will earn £11-12 an hour and a linen porter might be required, if the hotel isn't big enough to justify inhouse staff, an agency will be 20-30% more than that, these costs are scalable granted. Maintenance will also be required, blocked sinks, dodgy toilets, broken radiators, dodgy air con etc.

It might well turn a profit, but isn't going to be the goldmine Hertz fans are predicating. As I said i'm no expert in this industry but do know the patterns and it will do well for weekend Hearts matches, especially if they do a deal with hospitality tickets. Will do well for any events at Murrayfield due to the close proximity, and might do ok for the Fringe. If guests/visitors don't fancy it, comedians and performers probably will. Out with that though, struggle to see the appeal of the location, facilities, parking, transport links over any other near-by hotel (Holiday Inn at the Zoo, Murrayfield Hotel established places, dedicated parking), out of town places at South Gyle or Airport with dedicated parking and direct tram access to city centre or the city centre places itself.

Edit: bored at work so checked the council website for the application. In another Hearts first, the hotel is split in two. About two-thirds of the rooms are at one end of the main stand (Gorgie road end), with the other third of the rooms at the opposite end of the main stand at the Roseburn end. 22 rooms in total so even smaller than I first thought. And the biggest laugh of all is half the rooms don't have windows - and the other half, well the bulk of them overlook rusting staircases used to enter the Gorgie and Roseburn stands :tee hee:

Hibees1973
15-11-2023, 11:54 AM

Thanks for this assessment.

Pity some on here have given a derisory response.

Much as some on here point to the fact that the Yam have squandered and mismanaged millions of pounds in the last few years ,it is fact that their income has not produced a significant advantage on the field. Hopefully this will continue.

I've always been a bit unsure how Hibs would be placed when the Gordon's up sticks. Will they write off any debt/loans owned by the club or will any prospective buyer be expected to shoulder it. As some have said our accounts will be interesting when they are published.

CapitalGreen
15-11-2023, 12:07 PM
Doubt that as the Anderson Money isn’t actually his or for profitable investment as I understand, it’s from a % of profit donated by his clients that’s to be used for worthy causes/community betterment or something.

Someone Correct me if that’s not the case (or at least close) 😂

It’s his money.

MelbourneHibees
15-11-2023, 12:17 PM
Wonder if they'll do a deal that makes use of their restaurant as well. Is that open 7 days a week just now or only weekends?

Stubbsy90+2
15-11-2023, 12:20 PM

I’m struggling to see the feasibility in building it. If it’s going to cost £3 or £4m to build (which sounds fairly low to me) then I’d suspect that would take at least 15 years to recoup, and again, that’s if it’s a success.

To me it sounds very high risk/low reward but I say that as someone with absolutely no knowledge about this kind of thing. I just think pumping £4m or so into something which might bring you £250k or so profit per annum if it’s a roaring success but will likely bring you less than that seems mental.

erin go bragh
15-11-2023, 12:33 PM

I hope and pray our accounts are nothing like that. Had it not been for the 7.3 million from Europe. They would have lost 7m and thats not counting the 4.5m from beni ������
Their wages are up 4m and operating costs are over 15m. That is horrendous imo.
Bit iffy from yourself trying to say anything positive about they figures imo.

MelbourneHibees
15-11-2023, 12:33 PM
I’m struggling to see the feasibility in building it. If it’s going to cost £3 or £4m to build (which sounds fairly low to me) then I’d suspect that would take at least 15 years to recoup, and again, that’s if it’s a success.

To me it sounds very high risk/low reward but I say that as someone with absolutely no knowledge about this kind of thing. I just think pumping £4m or so into something which might bring you £250k or so profit per annum if it’s a roaring success but will likely bring you less than that seems mental.

Not if the money to build it came from the benefactor in the first place.

greenginger
15-11-2023, 12:35 PM

it’s really about finding a use for empty space they created with grand mega stand project.

They found there was no demand for extra restaurants / bars/ conference rooms so they chose a hotel build as solution to the problem.

It wasn’t envisaged in the original plans.

PatHead
15-11-2023, 12:40 PM
it’s really about finding a use for empty space they created with grand mega stand project.

They found there was no demand for extra restaurants / bars/ conference rooms so they chose a hotel build as solution to the problem.

It wasn’t envisaged in the original plans.

Shame the council didn't rent the storage space underneath again. I seem to remember they used to do that under the old stand but never used it.

Not In The Know
15-11-2023, 12:47 PM

Trip advisor is going to be a hoot!

Stairway 2 7
15-11-2023, 12:57 PM
Trip advisor is going to be a hoot!

Probably be 5 star due to their fans, their restaurant is 30 out of 1500 Edinburgh restaurants due to them all giving it 5 star

Winston Ingram
15-11-2023, 01:02 PM
Of their £20m turnover, more than £15m of that is staff costs. The typical % of Turnover to wages in football is 60% meaning that would be £12m.

They're turnover will be £5m+ light next season with the Euro money gone. Add to that, this is supposedly JA's last of his 5 year backing.

MelbourneHibees
15-11-2023, 01:07 PM
Of their £20m turnover, more than £15m of that is staff costs. The typical % of Turnover to wages in football is 60% meaning that would be £12m.

They're turnover will be £5m+ light next season with the Euro money gone. Add to that, this is supposedly JA's last of his 5 year backing.
75% is pretty high. I think JA must have extended his commitment though as at the end of the accounts there is a note about continued support.

The SPFL/SFA should make rules about this

NAE NOOKIE
15-11-2023, 01:52 PM
75% is pretty high. I think JA must have extended his commitment though as at the end of the accounts there is a note about continued support.

The SPFL/SFA should make rules about this

Fine to say that now, but as a fan of a club hoping to see a new shareholder pumping millions into it some time soon the less the SPFL / SFA stick their nose in the better IMO.

The other thing is, in a league crying out for folk to invest in it's clubs it would seem dumb on the face of it for the authorities to put unnecessary barriers in place that exceed a requirement to ensure any money provided hasn't been sourced through crooked or immoral means.

CapitalGreen
15-11-2023, 02:16 PM

They aren’t building a hotel from scratch. One of the floors of their overpriced mega stand is empty and unused so they are converting what what supposed to be hospitality suites into hotel rooms. It’s the equivalent of us converting Behind the Goals into a hotel.

MelbourneHibees
15-11-2023, 02:22 PM
They aren’t building a hotel from scratch. One of the floors of their overpriced mega stand is empty and unused so they are converting what what supposed to be hospitality suites into hotel rooms. It’s the equivalent of us converting Behind the Goals into a hotel.
Don't think the space was meant to be hospitality. Think they had planned to use it for renting out office space but for some reason thought a Hotel was better.

Stubbsy90+2
15-11-2023, 02:27 PM

Didn’t realise that, makes more sense then.

Stairway 2 7
15-11-2023, 02:31 PM
Don't think the space was meant to be hospitality. Think they had planned to use it for renting out office space but for some reason thought a Hotel was better.

Working from home killed office space. I think a hotel isn't a bad idea if some loon is giving you it for free. Lots of clubs have them in stadium less popular areas tourism wise. MK Don's, Bolton, Coventry, Southampton,
Norwich. If it was your own cash I wouldn't want it due to small profits

CapitalGreen
15-11-2023, 02:43 PM

You’re right, it was due to be used as offices for the club but they decided to continue using the temporary office space they created underneath the Wheatfield stand.

Keith_M
15-11-2023, 03:57 PM
I'm no expert on this, but isn't part of the reason for the massive difference between income and profit down to them gradually paying off the cost of their new stand?

:dunno:

grunt
15-11-2023, 04:12 PM
I'm no expert on this, but isn't part of the reason for the massive difference between income and profit down to them gradually paying off the cost of their new stand?

:dunno:
They paid AB £1m of her loan back this year, against £Nil last year. But that's a capital item, so wouldn't affect profit. Their income went up £6m, but their wages went up £4m and their other costs went up £2.4m. Other differences between this year and last year resulted in last year's profit of £1.7m reducing to £300k this year.

worcesterhibby
15-11-2023, 04:15 PM
They paid AB £1m of her loan back this year, against £Nil last year. But that's a capital item, so wouldn't affect profit. Their income went up £6m, but their wages went up £4m and their other costs went up £2.4m. Other differences between this year and last year resulted in last year's profit of £1.7m reducing to £300k this year.

I'm confused by all these £millions..so have they won the League cup yet or not ? :greengrin

Keith_M
15-11-2023, 04:16 PM
I'm confused by all these £millions..so have they won the League cup yet or not ? :greengrin

That would be an ecumenical question.

Bostonhibby
15-11-2023, 04:33 PM
I'm confused by all these £millions..so have they won the League cup yet or not ? :greengrinThat would be a footballing matter, whilst the money is available the priority surely has to be finally finishing the megastand, windowless hotels, pitch destroying concerts and building staircases to nowhere?

Kato
15-11-2023, 04:46 PM
I'm confused by all these £millions..so have they won the League cup yet or not ? :greengrinThis is a serious discussion. Stop asking silly questions [emoji12].

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2023, 04:58 PM
Anderson’s fishing isn’t guaranteed. Why the different amounts every year? It’s because he picks up the bill in order to achieve a modest property.

If they need £5 million next year, it’ll be £5.3 million. If they need £3 million it will be £3.2 million.

It is guaranteed; he committed for 5 years.

This year it was £4m, last year it was £4m. The year before was £4.2m. So virtually the same amount.

He doesn't just "pick up the bill". His committed money is factored into their budget.

worcesterhibby
15-11-2023, 05:02 PM
This is a serious discussion. Stop asking silly questions [emoji12].

Good news I've checked and they HAVE won the League cup ! It just got missed in the news because the amazing victory was overshadowed by The Cuban Missile Crisis and the death of Marilyn Monroe :greengrin

HoboHarry
15-11-2023, 05:22 PM
It is guaranteed; he committed for 5 years.

This year it was £4m, last year it was £4m. The year before was £4.2m. So virtually the same amount.

He doesn't just "pick up the bill". His committed money is factored into their budget.
Unless it's a contractual agreement he could back out at any time though correct? Not suggesting he would - merely could.

grunt
15-11-2023, 05:34 PM
Good news I've checked and they HAVE won the League cup ! It just got missed in the news because the amazing victory was overshadowed by The Cuban Missile Crisis and the death of Marilyn Monroe :greengrin
Marilyn Monroe is dead?

Iain G
15-11-2023, 06:23 PM

https://i.ibb.co/cXfkTcM/Screenshot-20231115-123840-Samsung-Notes.jpg (https://ibb.co/yBvdsnG)

That's a **** load of incest!

overdrive
15-11-2023, 06:57 PM

I’m surprised they are doing it in-house given the balls up they made of their stand by doing stuff in-house. You know, stuff like ordering seats and planning staircases

MelbourneHibees
15-11-2023, 07:25 PM
I’m surprised they are doing it in-house given the balls up they made of their stand by doing stuff in-house. You know, stuff like ordering seats and planning staircases

They're building a 25 room hotel. They've not promised any beds.

Steven79
15-11-2023, 07:27 PM
They're building a 25 room hotel. They've not promised any beds.[emoji1787]

MagicSwirlingShip
15-11-2023, 08:22 PM
Thanks for this assessment.

Pity some on here have given a derisory response.

Much as some on here point to the fact that the Yam have squandered and mismanaged millions of pounds in the last few years ,it is fact that their income has not produced a significant advantage on the field. Hopefully this will continue.

I've always been a bit unsure how Hibs would be placed when the Gordon's up sticks. Will they write off any debt/loans owned by the club or will any prospective buyer be expected to shoulder it. As some have said our accounts will be interesting when they are published.

Cmon now I apologised 😂😂

eastmainsmsh
15-11-2023, 08:55 PM
Non window view as standard booking.com George foulkes pishbreeks suite

xyz23jc
15-11-2023, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;7510801]They owe it to themselves, perfectly understandable they will want to claim big numbers as a panacea for the big lumps of money they drop into the bottomless pit every season.

It's like Mad Vlad but with certificates.

With full BBC support. Open All SH****, Richard G & Tw** English, etc et al :greengrin:wink::thumbsup:

xyz23jc
15-11-2023, 09:08 PM
That would be an ecumenical question.

Is the answer St. Liedown & Shat the bogs respectively? :greengrin:wink:

gbhibby
17-11-2023, 04:52 PM
£41m in donations over the years but no trophies. Some of their fans on kickback are no happy about this

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 05:01 PM
£41m in donations over the years but no trophies. Some of their fans on kickback are no happy about this

And, as usual, they're wrong. It bought them the Championship. A team with lesser means might have come off the rails after a cup KO to Brora but their spending ensured they had enough ability in the ranks to land the big trophy.

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2023, 06:02 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to their foray into the leisure and hospitality industry. A 25 room hotel in Gorgie is an exciting venture.

tamig
17-11-2023, 06:23 PM
A hotel with windaes?
That'll do it.

You’d really expect the biggest glass curtain in football to allow in enough light to cover that hotel.

tamig
17-11-2023, 06:36 PM

Anderson committed to 5 years in summer 2020. A bit to go yet.

truehibernian
17-11-2023, 07:05 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to their foray into the leisure and hospitality industry. A 25 room hotel in Gorgie is an exciting venture.

Stunning views of Modern Studies classrooms, kebab pies on tap, bathroom water features designed by Gary Locke, delightful welcoming hostelries nearby such as Stratty’s and The Gorgie Social Club for relaxing ambience, and they do award winning chips 👍 can’t wait to see their marketing for this ‘Greater Polwarth’ goldmine Bob - agreed 😃

gbhibby
17-11-2023, 07:39 PM
Stunning views of Modern Studies classrooms, kebab pies on tap, bathroom water features designed by Gary Locke, delightful welcoming hostelries nearby such as Stratty’s and The Gorgie Social Club for relaxing ambience, and they do award winning chips 👍 can’t wait to see their marketing for this ‘Greater Polwarth’ goldmine Bob - agreed 😃
Budges Budget Bijou Residence Hotel

Kato
17-11-2023, 08:16 PM
Budges Budget Bijou Residence HotelDo the rooms have bidets?

greenlex
17-11-2023, 08:23 PM
They will not need a window cleaner so that will save some money.
🪟 nae

They’ve *****ed their windae cleaning budget and then some on the glass wall that looks like Napiers Collington building overlooking the piazza .

gbhibby
17-11-2023, 08:23 PM
Do the rooms have bidets?

Only the Craig Levein junior suite will have one.💩💩

Kato
17-11-2023, 09:47 PM
Only the Craig Levein junior suite will have one.[emoji90][emoji90]Prudent. He's prone to a dose of the rans.

Glory Lurker
17-11-2023, 09:50 PM
After an enjoyable but tiring day taking in our city's sites, a saintly lie down will be perfect.

HoboHarry
17-11-2023, 11:50 PM
Do the rooms have bidets?

Would be helpful for Mark Warburton if he ever stayed there.

18-11-2023, 10:01 AM

Why? Does he get a lot of tagnuts?

JohnM1875
19-11-2023, 06:19 PM
£16 million donated by Foundation of Hearts since it started is absolutely phenomenal. Luckily they’ve pretty much had Budge that whole time as well and have what, one (maybe two?) third place finishes and two relegations to show for it.

Aldo
19-11-2023, 06:31 PM
£16 million donated by Foundation of Hearts since it started is absolutely phenomenal. Luckily they’ve pretty much had Budge that whole time as well and have what, one (maybe two?) third place finishes and two relegations to show for it.

You forgot

Double the cost unfinished single tiered restricted view stand

Escalator

Stairway to nowhere

A square at the front of their office block

Stadium with 20k Capacity - no wait
Silverware - no wait
Own training facilities- no wait
Bestest ever dugouts with Wetherspoons chairs

The most innovative media facilities in the world (see dugouts)

Must be more

Hibernia&Alba
19-11-2023, 06:56 PM
They’ve *****ed their windae cleaning budget and then some on the glass wall that looks like Napiers Collington building overlooking the piazza .

Put bars in the windaes to make the Jambos feel at home. A bucket in the corner to replace en-suite bathroom. They will know the drill.

To give the inbreds credit where it isn’t due, FoH have proven their dedication to their club over the years. Unlike the ****, who let their club die, the Jambos stepped up and have continued to help keep the club afloat.

Kato
19-11-2023, 08:44 PM
You forgot

Escalator

Stairway to nowhere

Silverware - no wait

Must be moreBiggest Glass Curtain Wall in Scottish Football. Not be sneezed at, mainly as it's a bugger to wipe clean. The paradox being the hotel has nae windaes. Cack-handed flumps in charge over there, always is.

Aldo
19-11-2023, 08:45 PM
Biggest Glass Curtain Wall in Scottish Football. Not be sneezed at, mainly as it's a bugger to wipe clean. The paradox being the hotel has nae windaes. Cack-handed flumps in charge over there, always is.

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bigliest is the word I would use for that monstrosity.

nonshinyfinish
20-11-2023, 08:13 AM
Biggest Glass Curtain Wall in Scottish Football. Not be sneezed at, mainly as it's a bugger to wipe clean. The paradox being the hotel has nae windaes. Cack-handed flumps in charge over there, always is.

If you average out the glass curtain across the whole stand, all the hotel rooms have windows. First football club in the world to take a statistical approach to natural light.

CentreLine
20-11-2023, 09:07 AM
If you average out the glass curtain across the whole stand, all the hotel rooms have windows. First football club in the world to take a statistical approach to natural light.

Yes but segregation is important. Perhaps separating guest from windows is a step to far but it shows they’re trying. 🤣

Moulin Yarns
20-11-2023, 11:17 AM
Yes but segregation is important. Perhaps separating guest from windows is a step to far but it shows they’re trying. 🤣

Removes temptation for the expected clientèle.

Iain G
20-11-2023, 11:57 AM
Budges Budget Bijou Residence Hotel

I worry about any posh English folks arriving at the Waverley and asking a Jambo cabbie to take them to "an Hotel"

Bostonhibby
20-11-2023, 01:36 PM
Yes but segregation is important. Perhaps separating guest from windows is a step to far but it shows they’re trying. [emoji1787]Good thinking, there's only so many windaelickers they can fit in.

Mick O'Rourke
20-11-2023, 01:52 PM

Yes ,somewhere nice to sit and wash his hat !:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-11-2023, 04:45 PM
You forgot

Escalator

Stairway to nowhere

Silverware - no wait

Must be more

Media getting soaked 😄

Billy Whizz
20-11-2023, 04:53 PM
Media getting soaked 😄

Sofa’s in the dugout

Hibs4185
20-11-2023, 05:09 PM
I feel a bit sorry for all the Jambo wife’s. For the next twenty years, they’ll be wined and dined in the Castle view restaurant before retreating to the windowless boutique hotel for every single anniversary, birthday etc.

Of course they’ll have to park the family Rover on the piazza

HoboHarry
20-11-2023, 05:55 PM
i feel a bit sorry for all the jambo/sisters. For the next twenty years, they’ll be wined and dined in the castle view restaurant before retreating to the windowless boutique hotel for every single anniversary, birthday etc.

Of course they’ll have to park the family rover on the piazza
ftfy

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2023, 07:41 AM
I feel a bit sorry for all the Jambo wife’s. For the next twenty years, they’ll be wined and dined in the Castle view restaurant before retreating to the windowless boutique hotel for every single anniversary, birthday etc.

Aye, Gordon and Morag (generic Jambo names) looking forward to their night of romance in the maroon hotel. Morag shouting Rudi Skacel’s name in the throes of passion. What a sickening thought.

21-11-2023, 12:17 PM

Jambo's Wives. Is that the private members section on Kickback? 🤔

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2023, 01:33 PM
Jambo's Wives. Is that the private members section on Kickback? 🤔

Dear God no. :shocked::jamboak:

gbhibby
21-11-2023, 01:57 PM
Jambo's Wives. Is that the private members section on Kickback? [emoji848]https://images.app.goo.gl/RrhdVcuGPDqT8Xky7
Cover photo

Hi my name is Ann and I ran at the moment Hearts Football Club.

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2023, 02:20 PM
https://images.app.goo.gl/RrhdVcuGPDqT8Xky7
Cover photo

Thank **** she has some claize on.

HoboHarry
21-11-2023, 03:19 PM
Thank **** she has some claize on.
Not sure you'd be able to tell the difference, either way there would be a strong need for some ironing.....

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2023, 03:40 PM
Not sure you'd be able to tell the difference, either way there would be a strong need for some ironing.....

:faf::top marks

21-11-2023, 05:50 PM

Ironing? Is that a euphemism?

Green Reaper
21-11-2023, 06:22 PM
Ironing? Is that a euphemism?

🥵🤮

Bostonhibby
21-11-2023, 06:38 PM
Ironing? Is that a euphemism?As in a good whack on the heid with a tyre iron?

EdinMike
22-11-2023, 02:39 AM
Before you even click this link, guess who wrote it ?!

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/foundation-of-hearts-reach-another-huge-money-milestone-thanks-to-tynecastle-supporters-4415390

Hibernia&Alba
22-11-2023, 08:34 AM
Before you even click this link, guess who wrote it ?!

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/foundation-of-hearts-reach-another-huge-money-milestone-thanks-to-tynecastle-supporters-4415390

Yup, Beaker fae The Muppet Show. It had to be.

BILLYHIBS
22-11-2023, 08:52 AM
16m from the fans is some going

Respect

Spike Mandela
22-11-2023, 09:01 AM
16m from the fans is some going

Respect

Mugs

Essentially the average supporter is pledging £20 a month, £240 a year. Their cheating and financial illegality led them to the position that they had to urge the supporters to this desperate measure. Whilst they could withold this now, most of them have kept it going. With the fact that their season ticket prices are dearer than ours they are essentially paying £300-400 a year more than us to watch a team perform around the same level, sometimes slightly better, sometimes slightly worse.

lyonhibs
22-11-2023, 11:10 AM

Hahaha dreadful imagery

Aldo
22-11-2023, 03:47 PM
https://images.app.goo.gl/RrhdVcuGPDqT8Xky7
Cover photo

FFS I about to have my Tea [emoji1785]

Aldo
22-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Mugs

Essentially the average supporter is pledging £20 a month, £240 a year. Their cheating and financial illegality led them to the position that they had to urge the supporters to this desperate measure. Whilst they could withold this now, most of them have kept it going. With the fact that their season ticket prices are dearer than ours they are essentially paying £300-400 a year more than us to watch a team perform around the same level, sometimes slightly better, sometimes slightly worse.

[emoji1312]

Perfect and spot on!

SickBoy32
22-11-2023, 04:50 PM
Mugs

Think their STs are cheaper than ours to be fair (think ours are the most expensive in Scotland outwith the OF)

Totally agree that they’re mugs to continue making those donations

Steven79
22-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Think their STs are cheaper than ours to be fair (think ours are the most expensive in Scotland outwith the OF)

Totally agree that they’re mugs to continue making those donationsThat would make us mugs for paying the season ticket prices then? [emoji1787]

SickBoy32
22-11-2023, 05:19 PM
That would make us mugs for paying the season ticket prices then? [emoji1787]

If we exclude the fact that we actually get something for our ST cash , then aye

gbhibby
22-11-2023, 05:30 PM
Mugs

Know a few Jambos who donate £51 per month so with the cost of their season ticket it's £1000 each year. Value for money🤔

bod
22-11-2023, 06:59 PM
Wonder how many hibs fans would donate £70 or £62 per month to us.

CapitalGreen
22-11-2023, 07:09 PM

We’re a football club, we shouldn’t be asking fans for donations. If people are putting money into Hibs they should be getting something in return. If we want to generate more income from supporters we need to improve/increase what supporters are offered like the recent improvements to hospitality for example.

marinello59
22-11-2023, 07:26 PM
We’re a football club, we shouldn’t be asking fans for donations. If people are putting money into Hibs they should be getting something in return. If we want to generate more income from supporters we need to improve/increase what supporters are offered like the recent improvements to hospitality for example.

I agree. Football clubs are businesses. If they are asking for donations then the business is failing.

linlithgowhibbie
22-11-2023, 09:04 PM
I agree. Football clubs are businesses. If they are asking for donations then the business is failing.

The difference is though that Hearts aren't asking for these donations, they are being given voluntarily.

CapitalGreen
22-11-2023, 09:50 PM
The difference is though that Hearts aren't asking for these donations, they are being given voluntarily.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/06/nintchdbpict000329494753.jpg

PHeffernan
23-11-2023, 12:38 AM

The real difference is that Hearts are supporter owned and Hibs are privately owned.
Hence their supporters are happy to give donations to their club whilst ours are not going to give their money to a private business.

The Baldmans Comb
23-11-2023, 01:07 AM
Transparency, accountability and trustworthy has been the hallmarks of both the private benefactor and the Hearts foundation and the reason why the money continues to flow in such huge amounts into the club.

It's a very impressive business model formed from severe adversity but nonetheless admirably maintained.

Thankfully Budge was hopeless and they are so weak at making important decisions such as hanging onto Potter for so long and the confusion over Naebadges and his sidekicks that they wasted the last three years.

They won't continue to get it wrong indefinitely though.

BILLYHIBS
23-11-2023, 05:51 AM
No one can say the Hearts fans did walking away unlike their cousins along the m8

Long may they continue to waste their millions

weecounty hibby
23-11-2023, 06:14 AM
Transparency, accountability and trustworthy has been the hallmarks of both the private benefactor and the Hearts foundation and the reason why the money continues to flow in such huge amounts into the club.

It's a very impressive business model formed from severe adversity but nonetheless admirably maintained.

Thankfully Budge was hopeless and they are so weak at making important decisions such as hanging onto Potter for so long and the confusion over Naebadges and his sidekicks that they wasted the last three years.

Surely it's a very bad business model? You need private donations, large and small to keep the business going. Unsustainable long term. Anderson money will stop at some point and natural attrition will see FoH drop in numbers. Folk will die and I'm not sure that the generations to follow will continue to join up to FoH to replace them

flash
23-11-2023, 07:27 AM

Not sure a large percentage of Jambos would agree with your first sentence.

Moulin Yarns
23-11-2023, 07:56 AM
https://twitter.com/RentsFaeLeith/status/1727414808255819960?t=gvZvptjv42T9jwaRKwfZxQ&s=19

Just for a laugh

Drewster
23-11-2023, 08:01 AM

The sad thing is if 4000 Hibs fans had donated £600 into HSL we would
now own 51% of our Club thanks to the generous offer from Mr Farmer.

CapitalGreen
23-11-2023, 08:07 AM

Only sad for those in favour of fan ownership, there is a significant number of fans who have no desire to see the club being fan owned.

Since452
23-11-2023, 08:09 AM

It's only sad if you think fan ownership is a good thing.

Hibernia&Alba
23-11-2023, 09:13 AM
It's only sad if you think fan ownership is a good thing.

Personally, I would like to see the German model, whereby fans have the veto in decisions. That way you don’t end up with a Romanov type figure who almost destroys a club. Ultimately it’s the fans who spend a lifetime with their club.