PDA

View Full Version : The January window

john rossi
11-11-2023, 08:37 PM
Where do we need to improve the team this coming window. A dominant midfield enforcer would be a priority neither Newell, Levitt or Jeggo have that dig about them. Center back and a target man as Doidge is either injured or not in the managers plans.

JammyDoidger
11-11-2023, 08:41 PM
Jason Cummings baby.
Left centre half
Left back(id rather not play Stevenson)

I'd probably bring back Melkersen, Kenneh and Megwa.

Nicho87
11-11-2023, 08:42 PM
I think a centre half left footed, meaning Harbottle gets shipped out.

Central midfielder, with potentially JDH moving on

Another winger who is direct ideally left footed.

I’d even argue to say another centre forward as doidge is injury prone and Alf out for a period of time with no guarantee he will last the season.

Can see good 3-4 leaving to make way for these signings.

Kentao1985
11-11-2023, 08:45 PM
Keeper and another midfielder for me.

Sent from my moto g22 using Tapatalk

Iain G
11-11-2023, 08:46 PM
I wonder if NM will look to bring any of our loan players back? We will also have Cadden, JDH and McKirdy back as options.

Unseen work
11-11-2023, 08:47 PM
Marco Tulio - CCM striker who is full of skill and scores goals. Knows the system and will drop deep to get on it and create from there.

Left back - seen a couple mention this position, I personally really like Obita. But if it was for completion/cover then it’s got to be Owen Beck at Dundee on loan from Liverpool.

Experienced centre half - Rate both Rocky and fish individually but I think at times we lack the leadership to keep things tight. Preferably left sided.

Also a player in the mould of Barrie Mackay - A technical player they can drift past players with pace, capable of a positive pass in veins that most won’t see. If we get a player like him it then becomes easier to play out as the centre half, Newell or Levitt then finds him in space. Youan and Boyle are more the head down and run, we need someone a bit smarter to go with it.

04Sauzee
11-11-2023, 08:49 PM
In no particular order

LCB
CM
LB
LM/LW
CF

B.H.F.C
11-11-2023, 08:49 PM
I think Vente needs a permanent partner.

Goalie and centre half.

jeffers
11-11-2023, 09:04 PM
Forward and a defender with more than two moving on.

The Modfather
11-11-2023, 09:08 PM
Partner for Vente
Goalkeeper
Midfielder with drive
Left footed, athletic centre back

In that order for me. Would like to see Melkerson & Kenneh given a chance.

When is McKirdy back? Would like to see him given a chance in a 2 as well

Iain G
11-11-2023, 09:10 PM
Partner for Vente
Goalkeeper
Midfielder with drive

January for McKirdy at the earliest I think?

Vault Boy
11-11-2023, 09:11 PM

I wonder who’s out the way. A guess would be Doidge, Harbottle & JDH (though NM won’t have had the chance to see much of him).

Perhaps McKirdy will get a loan move to help him back to fitness.

We’re definitely short a left sided defender and a forward, especially with Alfie out for a while.

neil7908
11-11-2023, 09:27 PM
A forward to play next to Vente is essential imo. Fair play to Campbell who has come in and scored a couple of goals but I'd love to see us bring in someone with a bit of a physical presence to complement Vente.

A solid DM that can pass is also a must. Jeggo does the defensive stuff well but he put us in danger a couple of times with poor passes.

A goalkeeper might be a tough ask with Marshall and Wollacott but neither have filled me with confidence.

Unlikely in January but a left back, left centre back and another winger would also be great.

SteveHFC
11-11-2023, 09:29 PM
I know this is very unlikely to happen but I’d like us to sign O’Hara from St.Mirren.

TrinityHFC
11-11-2023, 09:43 PM
I think it is only worth signing players now if they are going to be starters.

Can’t see us looking for a centre half to start ahead of Rocky or Fish. Unless we move Hanlon on which is very unlikely then he is the back up and Harbottle can’t even get in squads.

Marshall isn’t going to be ditched and we have two other new keepers.

A forward could be a possibility given who we’ve had to play there but depends what’s up with Doidge. We’ve got ALF and McKirdy to come back and I’m sure we will have Melkersen back too.

In midfield we only play with two and again I doubt we’re going to be getting anyone right away to play ahead of Newell, Levitt or Jeggo.

In wide areas we have Boyle, Youan, Tavares and we will probably get Henderson back. McKirdy could play there too.

Cover for the full backs possibly. Again, depends on the left if we’re pushing Stevenson out altogether.

Unless we are really upping the quality I just don’t see us doing too much.

LeithMike
11-11-2023, 09:55 PM
I know this is very unlikely to happen but I’d like us to sign O’Hara from St.Mirren.

Must be a chance if we are going to invest in the team. That’s be the #1 for me. Although Jeggo, Levitt and Newell have all done well at times, think we need an all rounder like O’Hara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeithMike
11-11-2023, 09:57 PM
Partner for Vente
Goalkeeper
Midfielder with drive

Completely forgot about McKirdy. He might be another to blossom under NM. Would be an interesting partnership with Vente and would like to see Boyle wide again.

McKirdy needs to play in a 2 up front and might just get the chance. He never got a proper go under LJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keepthefaith
11-11-2023, 10:07 PM
I think it is only worth signing players now if they are going to be starters.

Can’t see us looking for a centre half to start ahead of Rocky or Fish. Unless we move Hanlon on which is very unlikely then he is the back up and Harbottle can’t even get in squads.

Marshall isn’t going to be ditched and we have two other new keepers.

A forward could be a possibility given who we’ve had to play there but depends what’s up with Doidge. We’ve got ALF and McKirdy to come back and I’m sure we will have Melkersen back too.

In midfield we only play with two and again I doubt we’re going to be getting anyone right away to play ahead of Newell, Levitt or Jeggo.

In wide areas we have Boyle, Youan, Tavares and we will probably get Henderson back. McKirdy could play there too.

Cover for the full backs possibly. Again, depends on the left if we’re pushing Stevenson out altogether.

Unless we are really upping the quality I just don’t see us doing too much.

it'll be interesting as you've also not mentioned Monty's intent to give youth their chance. positively this means that anyone coming in has got to be quality - we've also got Mega, Conner and Aitken out on loan, who I believe are all doing well. be interesting to see if he brings mega back and if so what that means for harbottle. my feeling is that he'll go, either loan or permanent to lower league English club.

could do with cover on the wings. think we'll potentially target left back, though Obita generally playing well. could well see a striker come in as you've suggested - but if we can improve melkerson like we have Jair then this may not be needed. he looks like his confidence has soared playing back home. midfield also a tricky one - on their day a combination of Joe and Levitt are great (both looked off their game today) so who would you drop?

loads of folk suggesting signing 4/5 players - I don't see it either. 2 good quality - winger and left back / left sided centre back. Stevenson to focus on coaching, Hanlon also / move on and that might do us. will be interesting to see the quality we're after - and that's before we consider loans from Bournemouth!

HoboHarry
11-11-2023, 10:11 PM
it'll be interesting as you've also not mentioned Monty's intent to give youth their chance. positively this means that anyone coming in has got to be quality - we've also got Mega, Conner and Aitken out on loan, who I believe are all doing well. be interesting to see if he brings mega back and if so what that means for harbottle. my feeling is that he'll go, either loan or permanent to lower league English club.

could do with cover on the wings. think we'll potentially target left back, though Obita generally playing well. could well see a striker come in as you've suggested - but if we can improve melkerson like we have Jair then this may not be needed. he looks like his confidence has soared playing back home. midfield also a tricky one - on their day a combination of Joe and Levitt are great (both looked off their game today) so who would you drop?

loads of folk suggesting signing 4/5 players - I don't see it either. 2 good quality - winger and left back / left sided centre back. Stevenson to focus on coaching, Hanlon also / move on and that might do us. will be interesting to see the quality we're after - and that's before we consider loans from Bournemouth!

Two years from now Bournemouth will be getting loans from us :greengrin

Unseen work
11-11-2023, 11:13 PM
A slight issue we may have is a glamour for guys out on loan like Melkersen, Kenneh, Henderson and those injured like McKirdy to be given another chance as we think Monty will be able to transform them like Jair.

Risky strategy when to date they’ve not shown enough.

Donegal Hibby
11-11-2023, 11:16 PM
Everyone's talking about what we need to sign though would we not have to shift a few out in order to bring some in ?. Also the January window is probably the worst for clubs to do any business in , possibly more loan deals in and out rather than signings maybe?.

Centre Hawf
11-11-2023, 11:35 PM
I'd be amazed if we signed in areas some have mentioned, think we'd need to get some people to go elsewhere before we saw massive changes -

GK - I can't see us signing someone when we have Marsh and Wallacot, it would probably a silly move to do so unless we somehow got someone to take Wallacotts wage of us for example then we could get someone else in at that point. But until then I think it'll likely be Marsh until the end of the season as he'll likely call it quits.
LB - I reckon this will be Lewy's last season and we'll ride with him as back up left back until then as well
ST - Melkersen is due back in January and I would actually like to see if we can get a similar reaction out of him as NM has gotten out of Jair to see if he's the man we thought he could be.

After this season I reckon there might be a big clear out of some names for various reasons. So until then I see us strengthening in January with majority of the guys we actually already have that will be available again hopefully. Getting the likes of Cadden, Melkersen, JDH, hopefully McKirdy back in our squad will really allow us to pad out the bench again and rotate more often as we've looked so light in the squad for a few weeks now.

Forza Fred
12-11-2023, 12:58 AM
I’d be thinking about Jacob Farrell..left back of the Mariners and Oz Under 23 squad.

He’s arguably still a bit raw, so should be looked on as a longer term prospect, but puts in some tidy performances and in emergency has been switched to left CB.

Auckland Hibs
12-11-2023, 02:25 AM

100% agree 👍

If the investment money is available then we should be pulling out all the stops to get him before one of the uglies snap him up.

TheGog
12-11-2023, 02:46 AM
Tanser from saints contract ends in the summer. Get him tied down to a pre contract. Outside the OF he’s the best LB in the league.

Donegal Hibby
12-11-2023, 02:54 AM
100% agree 👍

If the investment money is available then we should be pulling out all the stops to get him before one of the uglies snap him up.

I take it this investment money that's supposedly becoming available is in the millions and we can offer wages equal to the old firm too, obviously Bill Foley is a Hibs fans .
HANDS OFF HIBS 💚

chippy
12-11-2023, 05:14 AM
100% agree 👍

I’d have agreed pre investment but maybe we can get better. He’s on a contract for another 18 months so would cost min 500k

Dmas
12-11-2023, 06:02 AM

Be interesting to see who moves on, think we are light already without letting more then bringing in go, wouldn’t surprise me to see harbottle go he cant be happy with hows it’s went for him since coming here

Iain G
12-11-2023, 06:30 AM
Be interesting to see who moves on, think we are light already without letting more then bringing in go, wouldn’t surprise me to see harbottle go he cant be happy with hows it’s went for him since coming here

We should be planning for life after Fish next season, whether that's a new player or maybe taking this season to get Harbottle up to pace to step in up next year?

neil7908
12-11-2023, 06:46 AM

I'm not sure how unlikely that is anymore. We have spent very good money (for our league) on Boyle, Youan and Vente in the last couple of years.

Whether McDermott, Monty etc rate him is another matter but I don't see someone like O'Hara as being unreasonable for us these days.

duffers
12-11-2023, 06:55 AM
Keeper
Fish
Left CB
Left winger
Striker

I don’t see us getting all 5, but would take 3 of the above.

Our depth is our main issue at the moment but should be improved by the return of those injured / out on loan.

Left back cover will be sorted in the summer. Lewy will be fine for this season. Obita has come onto a game, and providing he stays fit, will play most minutes.

Dmas
12-11-2023, 06:59 AM
We should be planning for life after Fish next season, whether that's a new player or maybe taking this season to get Harbottle up to pace to step in up next year?

Totally agree I don’t think Harbottle is getting any game time at all though is he? I just think if you put yourself in his shoes 2 appearances one of which he was hung out to dry at RB he might be looking for the first chance to go back south

Stubbsy90+2
12-11-2023, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure how unlikely that is anymore. We have spent very good money (for our league) on Boyle, Youan and Vente in the last couple of years.

Whether McDermott, Monty etc rate him is another matter but I don't see someone like O'Hara as being unreasonable for us these days.

Generally I’d agree. O’Hara is 28 in a couple weeks though so I’m not sure we’d be paying decent money for him specifically. He’ll have no sell on value very quickly.

JimBHibees
12-11-2023, 07:46 AM
A slight issue we may have is a glamour for guys out on loan like Melkersen, Kenneh, Henderson and those injured like McKirdy to be given another chance as we think Monty will be able to transform them like Jair.

Risky strategy when to date they’ve not shown enough.

Agree with that. Not sure they four are good enough and would prefer better in.

The Modfather
12-11-2023, 08:52 AM
Daniel Armstrong is someone I’d like us to try and sign. Thought he was good yesterday and been good for a while. We’ve maybe spent our budget, but he will have 18 months left on his contract going into January so not wholly unrealistic a deal could be done in January or the summer IMO.

Callum_62
12-11-2023, 08:56 AM
We should be planning for life after Fish next season, whether that's a new player or maybe taking this season to get Harbottle up to pace to step in up next year?Fish could be gone on January - hope not but it's possible

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 09:04 AM
I'd be asking Killie how much they want for Findlay

JimBHibees
12-11-2023, 09:05 AM
Fish could be gone on January - hope not but it's possible

Yes was thinking that also. Hopefully we get a bit of notice on that call.

04Sauzee
12-11-2023, 09:07 AM
I'd be asking Killie how much they wand for Findlay

He's only on loan there so unless Oxford are going to use him they will look to move him on. Has looked good at Killie this season, fast ,left footed and decent in the air. I do however think he likes it a Killie, has played his best football there.

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 09:12 AM
He's only on loan there so unless Oxford are going to use him they will look to move him on. Has looked good at Killie this season, fast ,left footed and decent in the air. I do however think he likes it a Killie, has played his best football there.

Didn't realise that (obviously) but thought he was really good yesterday. Surprised at how quick he was. Think we should be all over it if he's looking to move back up the road permanently

Iain G
12-11-2023, 09:15 AM
Fish could be gone on January - hope not but it's possible

Would have said unlikely but given Man U are playing Slabhead and a veteran at centre back at the moment, who knows! 🤣

Maybe Bill Foley will make Fish our next big signing 😁

Eyrie
12-11-2023, 09:31 AM
At the moment the only CHs under contract for next season are Bushiri and Harbottle, so I'd want to keep Harbottle and see how he can develop under Montgomery.

The focus at the back should be acquiring two left sided CHs to complement them. That doesn't need to be addressed in January unless the right player is available at the right price since Fish is still here (which moves Bushiri to the left) and Hanlon provides depth.

sleeping giant
12-11-2023, 09:44 AM

Absolutely.
Looks a great player.

500miles
12-11-2023, 09:57 AM
Absolutely.
Looks a great player.

I put him on my wishlist for a few seasons when discussing signings. Not now though. A great head it and kick it defender, but we play such a demanding system, I think he'd struggle.

BobbyT1875
12-11-2023, 10:14 AM

He’s onloan from Oxford. Solid defender . Don’t know if he’s a baller that can play high intensity style of play. That’s the type players Nick wants signed

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 10:28 AM
I put him on my wishlist for a few seasons when discussing signings. Not now though. A great head it and kick it defender, but we play such a demanding system, I think he'd struggle.

He’s onloan from Oxford. Solid defender . Don’t know if he’s a baller that can play high intensity style of play. That’s the type players Nick wants signed

I get what you’re saying, but Rocky and Fish take the ball into feet and play simple passes, aye under pressure at times, but I’m sure Findlay would be able to cope with that.

offshorehibby
12-11-2023, 10:50 AM
At the moment the only CHs under contract for next season are Bushiri and Harbottle, so I'd want to keep Harbottle and see how he can develop under Montgomery.

The focus at the back should be acquiring two left sided CHs to complement them. That doesn't need to be addressed in January unless the right player is available at the right price since Fish is still here (which moves Bushiri to the left) and Hanlon provides depth.

I think everyone seems to have forgotten Kyle MacClelland, he's out on loan at QoS, playing every week and contracted till May 2025. I don't know how well he's been playing but apart from being suspended has played nearly every game for them.

500miles
12-11-2023, 11:25 AM
I get what you’re saying, but Rocky and Fish take the ball into feet and play simple passes, aye under pressure at times, but I’m sure Findlay would be able to cope with that.

Shane Duffy at Celtic is a great example of what I'm taking about. Could be an absolute colossus defending under the cosh in the Prem, ask him to step up 6 or 7 yards, gets caught with balls in behind all game.

I'm not saying Findlay couldn't adapt, but he's only ever really thrived at Killie.

Iain G
12-11-2023, 11:25 AM

Is it important that he cries a lot?

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 11:39 AM
Shane Duffy at Celtic is a great example of what I'm taking about. Could be an absolute colossus defending under the cosh in the Prem, ask him to step up 6 or 7 yards, gets caught with balls in behind all game.

I'm not saying Findlay couldn't adapt, but he's only ever really thrived at Killie.

Findlay actually has recovery pace. He’s quick for a defender. Totally get what you’re saying though.

BobbyT1875
12-11-2023, 11:40 AM
Is it important that he cries a lot?

Funny guy

Unseen work
12-11-2023, 11:44 AM

I wanted him when we were linked with him last January

Good defender, decent on the ball and has pace. Was him that got back twice to deal with Boyle when he looked through iirc

He was also full of praise and talking highly about Hibs on Open Goal a couple of weeks back

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 11:50 AM
I wanted him when we were linked with him last January

Good defender, decent on the ball and has pace. Was him that got back twice to deal with Boyle when he looked through iirc

He was also full of praise and talking highly about Hibs on Open Goal a couple of weeks back

It was aye, it was only on the second one that I actually clocked it was Stuart Findlay

Saw him on Open Goal as well, seems a good lad

PHeffernan
13-11-2023, 11:38 AM
Findlay actually has recovery pace. He’s quick for a defender. Totally get what you’re saying though.

Very good defender, his weakness is on the ball. It's what holds him back.
Would still take him at Hibs but he is under contract at Oxford and they would be looking to recover a chunk of their investment. The bigger issue is Findlay will be on good money under his Oxford contract which runs until the summer of 2026. for that reason I could see him out on loan again next season rather than transferred.
However, Fish will leave a big gap in the Hibs back line come the summer so there is a space.

Iain G
13-11-2023, 11:40 AM
Funny guy

Glad you noticed! 🤣

I really hate the term baller.

Trinity Hibee
13-11-2023, 11:55 AM
Is Jason Kerr back in the picture at Wigan after his injury?

BoomtownHibees
13-11-2023, 12:00 PM
Is Jason Kerr back in the picture at Wigan after his injury?

Got a new injury playing in a 21s game. Out for 6-8 weeks

Trinity Hibee
13-11-2023, 12:06 PM
Got a new injury playing in a 21s game. Out for 6-8 weeks

Shame. Given his terrible injury record and ours it’s probably not a great fit

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2023, 12:15 PM
Would still take him at Hibs but he is under contract at Oxford and they would be looking to recover a chunk of their investment. The bigger issue is Findlay will be on good money under his Oxford contract which runs until the summer of 2026. for that reason I could see him out on loan again next season rather than transferred.
However, Fish will leave a big gap in the Hibs back line come the summer so there is a space.

I would be surprised if Monty was interested in Findlay for precisely what you said " his weakness is on the ball " . Monty seems to want his defenders comfortable playing the ball out from the back .

Fish will Indeed leave a big gap and I can't see us getting him back again tbh though we could move Rocky into his position and hopefully we get a quality LCH in which hopefully wouldn't make us any worse off .

J-C
13-11-2023, 12:28 PM
Jason Cummings baby.
Left centre half
Left back(id rather not play Stevenson)

I'd probably bring back Melkersen, Kenneh and Megwa.

Spoke to his dad the other day, loving life in India and tax fee wages

JimBHibees
13-11-2023, 01:04 PM

Agree re Findlay and on the ball however like him as a defender dominant and quick as Saturday showed

rowan3633
13-11-2023, 05:23 PM
I'd like us to recall Kenneh and Henderson, Melkerson's loan ends soon and he'll be back for January anyway.

Getting Cadden, Doyle-Hayes, and McKirdy back in the squad will give Monty options too.

We do need long term replacements for Hanlon, Stevenson and Marshall, there aren't obvious options coming through so probably need to bring new players in

MagicSwirlingShip
13-11-2023, 06:00 PM
How’s Kenneh getting on? Any reports from Dan saf?

Hibbyradge
13-11-2023, 06:06 PM
Now that we're allegedly getting a billionaire on board, we should buy Doig back.

We'd be getting a bargain because we'd deduct the sell on fee first! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-11-2023, 06:06 PM
How’s Kenneh getting on? Any reports from Dan saf?

He was an unused sub at the weekend

Unseen work
13-11-2023, 06:15 PM
I'd like us to recall Kenneh and Henderson, Melkerson's loan ends soon and he'll be back for January anyway.

Getting Cadden, Doyle-Hayes, and McKirdy back in the squad will give Monty options too.

We do need long term replacements for Hanlon, Stevenson and Marshall, there aren't obvious options coming through so probably need to bring new players in

I just don’t see Kenneh ever being good/comfortable enough on the ball to play consistently for us.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2023, 06:20 PM
I just don’t see Kenneh ever being good/comfortable enough on the ball to play consistently for us.

What was your view of Jair 3 months ago? :wink:

brydekirk
13-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Hopefully we can move on Doyle-Hayes and Henderson. Jake is injury prone and I can't see Henderson doing anything in this league.

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2023, 06:50 PM
Hopefully we can move on Doyle-Hayes and Henderson. Jake is injury prone and I can't see Henderson doing anything in this league.

Agreed , think the club Henderson is at have a option to buy . We will have to move a few players on and both these would be good options to as well as kenneh imo .

bingo70
13-11-2023, 06:57 PM
I wonder if we might need to look at replacing Fish?

Think when we got him in the summer it was said the loan would (or could) be reviewed in January.

Unseen work
13-11-2023, 07:01 PM
What was your view of Jair 3 months ago? :wink:

I was one that actually tried to back up Jair 🤣 I think it was a friendly against raith last November that convinced me he had something to offer.

I think the main difference though is that we’ve seen a good amount of Kenneh. I think he’s very good off the ball, but I was very surprised coming from Leeds at how poor he was technically.

I think similar players in the past (Gogic and Bartley for example) were always on the ‘do we need a destroyed in the team’ category (which I think would happen with Kenneh)and I’d probably trust both of them on the ball more than Kenneh. I remember twice in one game against Celtic last year he fresh air swiped the ball.

Especially in the current set up I just can’t picture him as one of the middle 2c dropping deep and getting on the ball.

But he’s a young lad who is playing consistently at a decent level so hopefully he improves and comes back a better player

Jones28
13-11-2023, 07:06 PM

That would be magic.

Unseen work
13-11-2023, 07:44 PM
Wonder how much killie would want for David Watson.

Think he seems a really good young player

Brightside
13-11-2023, 07:48 PM
I wonder if we might need to look at replacing Fish?

Think when we got him in the summer it was said the loan would (or could) be reviewed in January.

We got fish replacement already. Rocky. He will be much better at RCB than he is at LCB.

chippy
13-11-2023, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Unseen work;7510330]Wonder how much killie would want for David Watson.

Think he seems a really good young player[/QUOTE

chippy
13-11-2023, 08:22 PM
That would be magic.

I’d ask Oxford United, he’s on loan

Nicho87
13-11-2023, 09:21 PM
Bang on the money about Findlay, always thought a decent player. Him or Jason Kerr would be a decent acquisition.

xyz23jc
13-11-2023, 09:28 PM
That would be magic.

:wink::thumbsup::top marks

04Sauzee
13-11-2023, 09:30 PM
Bang on the money about Findlay, always thought a decent player. Him or Jason Kerr would be a decent acquisition.

It's been over 12 months since Kerr played 1st team football. No idea where he's at fitness wise.

CapitalGreen
13-11-2023, 09:39 PM
It's been over 12 months since Kerr played 1st team football. No idea where he's at fitness wise.

We shouldn’t be going anywhere near Jason Kerr.

Stubbsy90+2
13-11-2023, 09:49 PM

Agree.

Dazzjw1875
13-11-2023, 09:53 PM
Think alot will depend target wise ,on if this billionaire story become true and official. As that would prob lead is into a different target marker money wise.

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2023, 09:59 PM

Why as a matter of interest ?

Nicho87
13-11-2023, 10:35 PM
I think it’s exactly the type of player hibs would be scouting thinking he knows the league, proven enough at this level and within our reach.

Falls into category of Fraser fyvie and mcgeouch for me, both decent players, both had injuries, both had good spells at hibs. I’d be very happy with either. For the record if he passes a full medical.

HoboHarry
13-11-2023, 10:59 PM
Think alot will depend target wise ,on if this billionaire story become true and official. As that would prob lead is into a different target marker money wise.

Can he throw money at us without breaching the new fair play regulations? Genuine question, I thought teams playing in Europe had to keep a specific income vs outgoings ratio?

CentreLine
14-11-2023, 06:39 AM
Can he throw money at us without breaching the new fair play regulations? Genuine question, I thought teams playing in Europe had to keep a specific income vs outgoings ratio?

Fair point but our spend against turnover is historically low. Maybe there is some room there to raise the bar but stay within whatever the rules are.

Hibernian Verse
14-11-2023, 07:01 AM

Rangers have been doing it for years seemingly with no punishment.

nonshinyfinish
14-11-2023, 09:18 AM

Depends how much money he's throwing. The FFP rules allow a certain amount of money to be spent over the amount that you earn – I think the current limit is €60m over three years. This is why Anderson's donations to Hearts don't breach FFP.

€20m per season in the English PL might buy you part of a first-team player, in Scotland it would go a little further.

(I'm not suggesting he's going to chuck in that level of money, just clarifying the rules.)

Greenbeard
14-11-2023, 09:40 AM
As long as we don't invest in more "players with potential". We've enough of them on the books. All our investment eggs for this window should go in the one basket for a player of proven quality, even if it's someone in the twilight of their career, who can bring leadership and control. A Sauzee type. But who?

Centre Hawf
14-11-2023, 09:53 AM
Why as a matter of interest ?

I imagine purely on injury situation as opposed to anything else. If he was to come on loan to prove his fitness with a view to making it permanent then I'd be absolutely fine with that, but as it stands I'd rather look elsewhere to spend our budget than on someone who hasn't played a lot of football the last 18 months.

Stubbsy90+2
14-11-2023, 10:00 AM
I imagine purely on injury situation as opposed to anything else. If he was to come on loan to prove his fitness with a view to making it permanent then I'd be absolutely fine with that, but as it stands I'd rather look elsewhere to spend our budget than on someone who hasn't played a lot of football the last 18 months.

This. Signing Kerr at this point in time would be crazy.

chippy
14-11-2023, 10:48 AM
As long as we don't invest in more "players with potential". We've enough of them on the books. All our investment eggs for this window should go in the one basket for a player of proven quality, even if it's someone in the twilight of their career, who can bring leadership and control. A Sauzee type. But who?
Exactly my thinking , with the addition of a Latapy type

Brightside
14-11-2023, 11:02 AM
a box to box no8 and left footed CB.

Donegal Hibby
14-11-2023, 11:47 AM

There's a lot of players who have had this type of injury and came back from it ( shearer , Keane). I haven't really looked into Kerr's injury history though I don't remember him being constantly injured at the saints , I do remember him being a really good defender though . I seem to remember folk wanting to sign is defensive partner mccart at one point who never looked nearly a good when Kerr left .

I wouldn't be against the idea of signing him if there was a chance though doubt there would be as Maloney has said he likes him and he's part of his plans . I read he's back training and isn't to far away from making a comeback if the article is correct of course.

Stubbsy90+2
14-11-2023, 12:51 PM
There's a lot of players who have had this type of injury and came back from it ( shearer , Keane). I haven't really looked into Kerr's injury history though I don't remember him being constantly injured at the saints , I do remember him being a really good defender though . I seem to remember folk wanting to sign is defensive partner mccart at one point who never looked nearly a good when Kerr left .

I wouldn't be against the idea of signing him if there was a chance though doubt there would be as Maloney has said he likes him and he's part of his plans . I read he's back training and isn't to far away from making a comeback if the article is correct of course.

He’s injured again apparently.

Since452
14-11-2023, 01:02 PM
I don't think we need wholesale changes to be honest. Our starting eleven should be good enough to win most weeks. Our bench can look a bit weak but we've got the likes of Cadden, McKirdy and JDH to come back in. With that in mind I can see one or two loans coming in to the end of the season to give us more depth but i'd be very surprised if we sign someone permanently. We're not going to waste money, especially after having spent close to two million in the summer.

CapitalGreen
14-11-2023, 01:06 PM
Keanu Baccus contract is up in the summer. I wonder if St Mirren will try and cash in during January, we were supposedly interested.

Donegal Hibby
14-11-2023, 01:11 PM
He’s injured again apparently.
I had read he was doing light training and not to far away from a comeback , didn't realise he was injured again though. Injury is supposedly a metatarsal one which was described as a "freak" injury . Out till the new year . If he gets fit and became available I'd still take him . Good player.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/injury-list.134837/

JammyDoidger
14-11-2023, 01:30 PM
Keanu Baccus contract is up in the summer. I wonder if St Mirren will try and cash in during January, we were supposedly interested.

Seen Monty going over to him for a wee chat after the game last week, wonder if he was having a wee word in his ear.

Hibernian Verse
14-11-2023, 01:31 PM
There must be 1000 centre halves out there as good or better than Jason Kerr within our budget that have played regularly over the past 2 years that could come in and hit the ground running.

Donegal Hibby
14-11-2023, 05:28 PM
This article says we lost out to Pompey for this player , would have been surprised if we were looking at a winger tbh .
https://the72.co.uk/2023/11/14/leyton-orient-and-hibernian-eyed-move-for-portsmouth-new-boy-reporter-claims/

Centre Hawf
14-11-2023, 05:47 PM
I had read he was doing light training and not to far away from a comeback , didn't realise he was injured again though. Injury is supposedly a metatarsal one which was described as a "freak" injury . Out till the new year . If he gets fit and became available I'd still take him . Good player.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/injury-list.134837/

If we were to somehow sign him it would no doubt cost a chunk of money in transfer and on wages for someone who hasn't proven hit fitness levels for far too long. It would be a no from me until you can see if he can play games consistently upon returning.

superfurryhibby
14-11-2023, 06:02 PM
Seen Monty going over to him for a wee chat after the game last week, wonder if he was having a wee word in his ear.

Probably telling him to stick in and make sure he gets a place in the side instead of warming the bench most weeks.

J-C
14-11-2023, 06:30 PM
This article says we lost out to Pompey for this player , would have been surprised if we were looking at a winger tbh .
https://the72.co.uk/2023/11/14/leyton-orient-and-hibernian-eyed-move-for-portsmouth-new-boy-reporter-claims/

Why, we've been playing Boyle through the middle and only have Youan and Jair as wide players, we still need someone out wide as McKirdy isn't quoted yet.

CapitalGreen
14-11-2023, 07:04 PM
Probably telling him to stick in and make sure he gets a place in the side instead of warming the bench most weeks.

Baccus has started nearly every league game for St Mirren when he has been available. The only 2 games he started on the bench were against Motherwell in Sept after returning from Int duty in the US and against us when returning from the injury that kept him out the previous match.

Donegal Hibby
14-11-2023, 07:43 PM
Why, we've been playing Boyle through the middle and only have Youan and Jair as wide players, we still need someone out wide as McKirdy isn't quoted yet.

We have a 22 year old winger on loan at Livvy and it was just abit surprising we were linked with another one that couldn't get much game time at MK Dons in league 1 and between Youan , Boyle and Jair with players like Mckirdy and Cadden to come back I wouldn't have thought it would have been a priority . Think Boyle is better on the wing too btw .

Donegal Hibby
14-11-2023, 07:56 PM
If we were to somehow sign him it would no doubt cost a chunk of money in transfer and on wages for someone who hasn't proven hit fitness levels for far too long. It would be a no from me until you can see if he can play games consistently upon returning.

I doubt we would get him though think his contract runs out June the 30 and probably the time the window opens he could be near back from this latest setback too . Wages would probably be the biggest problem I'd imagine .

I was trying to check up on his injury history when he was at St Johnstone and all I can find is a back injury that kept him out for around a week . I'm not saying we should make him a priority or anything though I think he would be a good option as I've seen him play and he's a good player , knows the league and a hibby too 👍

bingo70
19-11-2023, 09:36 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/marco-tilio-considers-celtic-transfer-31477421

Wonder if we woukd be looking to take Tullio on loan.

Probably an area we need depth and someone the management team will know well.

Dmas
20-11-2023, 06:17 AM

I like Baccus I would prefer him to O’Hara, be good to know why his move to Millwall fell through in the summer think they where paying 500k for him if we could get him on a free would be a good signing IMO exactly what we need with energy and a bit of bite about him

Ronniekirk
20-11-2023, 08:13 AM
We have a 22 year old winger on loan at Livvy and it was just abit surprising we were linked with another one that couldn't get much game time at MK Dons in league 1 and between Youan , Boyle and Jair with players like Mckirdy and Cadden to come back I wouldn't have thought it would have been a priority . Think Boyle is better on the wing too btw .
The winger out on loan won’t be in our plans Just hasn’t been consistent enough

J-C
20-11-2023, 09:52 AM
The winger out on loan won’t be in our plans Just hasn’t been consistent enough

Mackay has probably found his level, bottom premier/championship, took a punt which didn't work out, it happens.

Forza Fred
20-11-2023, 11:28 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/marco-tilio-considers-celtic-transfer-31477421

Wonder if we woukd be looking to take Tullio on loan.

Probably an area we need depth and someone the management team will know well.

Sincerely hope not.

He would cerrtainly add to the numbers...but not add much to the quality.

Unseen work
20-11-2023, 11:42 PM
Sincerely hope not.

He would cerrtainly add to the numbers...but not add much to the quality.

Is he that poor?

Remember a few people being surprised at Celtic signing him

Forza Fred
21-11-2023, 03:51 AM
Is he that poor?

Remember a few people being surprised at Celtic signing him

Wouldn’t say he was a ‘poor’ player, that would be unfair on him.

But I wouldn’t say he would be any more than a ‘squad player’ for us.

Brendan Rogers said he was having difficulty to adjusting to the intensity of the training at Celtic…….and wouldn’t be picked until he had…….if you have difficulty adjusting to the intensity of the training…..dunno how he’d go on match days.

But you never know I guess…..maybe Monty and Serge can sprinkle their magic dust on him….

Unseen work
22-11-2023, 01:23 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/11552244/kevin-van-veen-motherwell-groningen-loan-rangers/

Make it happen Hibs.

Van Veen and Vente would be some duo, especially with Boyle and Youan out wide.

Donegal Hibby
22-11-2023, 01:53 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/11552244/kevin-van-veen-motherwell-groningen-loan-rangers/

Make it happen Hibs.

Boyle and Youan don't play out wide though all the time and Vente is a penalty box striker imo , is Van Veen going to be the player who drops deep in support of our midfield with his pace at the age of 32 or over ? . Sorry UW I just don't see him as a player we need the way Monty wants us to play now . Good player though 👍

22-11-2023, 03:03 AM

Make it happen Hibs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shankland to Rangers in January and Van Veen to Hearts, with Budge chucking the rest of the transfer fee income into the hotel.

HoboHarry
22-11-2023, 03:33 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Shankland to Rangers in January and Van Veen to Hearts, with Budge chucking the rest of the transfer fee income into the hotel.

Sevco won't be paying out much in transfer fees given the state of their accounts.

Callum_62
22-11-2023, 07:04 AM
Looks like the Doidge will never play again for hibs rumor to be untrue

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/exclusive-hibs-boss-hails-powerful-strikers-return-to-light-squad-4417934

Diclonius
22-11-2023, 07:08 AM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/exclusive-hibs-boss-hails-powerful-strikers-return-to-light-squad-4417934

It'll be 2050 and Doidge, now a grandfather, will still be sclaffing them in off the back of his shoulder against St Mirren for us. Don't worry.

Brightside
22-11-2023, 07:37 AM

Who claimed he wouldn’t play again?

Bridge hibs
22-11-2023, 07:49 AM
Who claimed he wouldn’t play again?

Mentioned on this thread

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=364541

Brightside
22-11-2023, 08:22 AM
Mentioned on this thread

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=364541

Ah - someone blethering and disappearing. :wink:

eastmainsmsh
22-11-2023, 10:18 AM

Make it happen Hibs.

Always rated big VV was champing for us to sign him but think at time Groningen was best move for him make it happen hibs

PHeffernan
23-11-2023, 12:47 AM
Always rated big VV was champing for us to sign him but think at time Groningen was best move for him make it happen hibs

When the season ends VV will be 33, same age Hanlon is now. Given his age and wages required he is best left alone.

JohnM1875
23-11-2023, 06:17 AM
Really don't think a front two of Vente and van Veen would work.

flash
23-11-2023, 07:26 AM

I reckon Van Veen is such a clever player he could make it work with just about anybody.

Stubbsy90+2
23-11-2023, 07:28 AM
When the season ends VV will be 33, same age Hanlon is now. Given his age and wages required he is best left alone.

Agree. I’d pass.

Hibernian Verse
23-11-2023, 07:58 AM

A six month loan is absolutely fine for Van Veen. Footballers are lasting longer and longer.

Since452
23-11-2023, 10:40 AM
5 goals in 13 (going by Wiki) isn't bad going for KVV if he's been frozen out there. Wouldn't be adverse to him signing but i think another forward is the last thing we need.

Centre Hawf
23-11-2023, 10:53 AM
Would welcome him on loan until the summer with perhaps an option to make it permanent but at the moment I wouldn't be massively happy to spend what budget we have on striker pushing 33 that's only real successful spell in his career was 2 years with Motherwell (and even then only one of them was the true successful period). Especially considering we have ALF and Doidge.

CapitalGreen
23-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Would welcome him on loan until the summer with perhaps an option to make it permanent but at the moment I wouldn't be massively happy to spend what budget we have on striker pushing 33 that's only real successful spell in his career was 2 years with Motherwell (and even then only one of them was the true successful period). Especially considering we have ALF and Doidge.

He’d be a massive upgrade on Doidge, for a start he can score goals.

B.H.F.C
23-11-2023, 11:12 AM

ALF and Doidge both contributed well enough early in the season but we need a partner for Vente now IMO. I think it would be massively beneficial to Vente as well and I think we will sign a striker in January for that reason. Not sure it’ll be Van Veen though.

jeffers
23-11-2023, 11:15 AM
ALF and Doidge both contributed well enough early in the season but we need a partner for Vente now IMO. I think it would be massively beneficial to Vente as well and I think we will sign a striker in January for that reason. Not sure it’ll be Van Veen though.

Agree with all of that. I think Vente is class, a decent partner would get the best out of him.

Brightside
23-11-2023, 11:23 AM
I think we will get either another winger or a CF in Jan. If we don't get a CF Boyle and Youann can do more than a decent job up there.

Donegal Hibby
23-11-2023, 04:36 PM

If one has to drop deep which one would too ? .

CallumHibs07
24-11-2023, 02:02 AM
Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more goals than us and people want to chuck a load of money at another striker.

Last area of the pitch we need to strengthen

Centre Hawf
24-11-2023, 04:36 AM
He’d be a massive upgrade on Doidge, for a start he can score goals.

He definitely is. But I’d find it hard to see us signing another striker while he is on the books still, so it really comes down to who is willing to take him for the final 6 months of his contract, and I think we’ll struggle to see someone doing so.

superfurryhibby
24-11-2023, 08:15 AM
Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more goals than us and people want to chuck a load of money at another striker.

Last area of the pitch we need to strengthen

Agreed, we could do with a good quality centre half and a central midfielder.

Hopefully we'll see some departures too.

worcesterhibby
24-11-2023, 08:46 AM
Agreed, we could do with a good quality centre half and a central midfielder.

Hopefully we'll see some departures too.

I think we will struggle to find upgrades in January, unless we get this mystical influx of billionaire money. Our first eleven is actually pretty decent and we have reasonable option in most positions if we have an injury. With Melkerson set to return I don't see where we are going to sign a "game-changer". Who would you drop ?

We have three goalies, Marshall has improved in recent weeks, Wollacott made one big error..he's young, give him a chance..Boruc has been fine when called upon.
Centre back pairing have improved game on game - are we really likely to find an ugrade that would slot in seemlessly in Jan ? We have Hanlon and Harbottle as back ups
Obita and Lewis Miller have nailed down the LB RB slots and we have Lewy in reserve and hopefully Cadds back soon
Midfield three from Newell, Levitt, Jair and Campbell and the gaffer obviously rates Whittaker too so we have 5 there
Forwards - we already have four proper first team choices in Vente, Squirrel, ALF ,Youan and Doidge is a decent option off the bench and we have Melkerson and Harry to come back into the reckoning. Landers has been getting on the bench, which would suggest to me that Monty rates him.

Depending on how far away Cadds is, maybe a second choice right back is something we might look at, Lewis Miller does seem to get clattered a lot and is likely to be out at some point but we could play Whittaker or Delferriere there if needed.

It just feels like the managment team is very close to getting this squad to win regularly, we hardly ever get beat and actually I think Monty has been partly responsible for some of the draws by making too many subs at keys times. Throwing more players at the issue, unless they are very, very obviously upgrades won't necessairly improve us. Unless we ship a few out, I don't know where we bring someone in.

superfurryhibby
24-11-2023, 09:39 AM
I think we will struggle to find upgrades in January, unless we get this mystical influx of billionaire money. Our first eleven is actually pretty decent and we have reasonable option in most positions if we have an injury. With Melkerson set to return I don't see where we are going to sign a "game-changer". Who would you drop ?

We have three goalies, Marshall has improved in recent weeks, Wollacott made one big error..he's young, give him a chance..Boruc has been fine when called upon.
Centre back pairing have improved game on game - are we really likely to find an ugrade that would slot in seemlessly in Jan ? We have Hanlon and Harbottle as back ups
Obita and Lewis Miller have nailed down the LB RB slots and we have Lewy in reserve and hopefully Cadds back soon
Midfield three from Newell, Levitt, Jair and Campbell and the gaffer obviously rates Whittaker too so we have 5 there
Forwards - we already have four proper first team choices in Vente, Squirrel, ALF ,Youan and Doidge is a decent option off the bench and we have Melkerson and Harry to come back into the reckoning. Landers has been getting on the bench, which would suggest to me that Monty rates him.

Depending on how far away Cadds is, maybe a second choice right back is something we might look at, Lewis Miller does seem to get clattered a lot and is likely to be out at some point but we could play Whittaker or Delferriere there if needed.

It just feels like the managment team is very close to getting this squad to win regularly, we hardly ever get beat and actually I think Monty has been partly responsible for some of the draws by making too many subs at keys times. Throwing more players at the issue, unless they are very, very obviously upgrades won't necessairly improve us. Unless we ship a few out, I don't know where we bring someone in.

With Melkersen, Doidge and Mc Kirdy coming back and Le Fondre recovering from injury, we will have the forward options covered, although we are desperately thin on the ground up front just now.

Centre half, not so sure. Hanlon is close to the end of his Hibs career, Harbottle has done nothing so far. In terms of replacements and January, who knows, but it would improve us if we could find one who could challenge Rocky for a start.

In midfield, I’d be happy to see Jeggo, Campbell, Delferriere, JDH go, if we could find better. Jair surely plays wide and won’t compete for the central position.

I would agree that we need quality and I think we’ll see movement in and out.

Totally agree with you on the subs/ lack of wins. It would also help if Vente stayed on the field for 90 mins.

Stubbsy90+2
24-11-2023, 09:42 AM
What’s the script with McKirdy?

He was posting on social media about starting up his golf channel a couple of months ago but nothing has ever come of it. Obviously it’s not directly related to football, but it made me wonder if he’s had a set back or if he’s just binned the YouTube channel..

B.H.F.C
24-11-2023, 09:44 AM
With Melkersen, Doidge and Mc Kirdy coming back and Le Fondre recovering from injury, we will have the forward options covered, although we are desperately thin on the ground up front just now.

Centre half, not so sure. Hanlon is close to the end of his Hibs career, Harbottle has done nothing so far. In terms of replacements and January, who knows, but it would improve us if we could find one who could challenge Rocky for a start.

In midfield, I’d be happy to see Jeggo, Campbell, Delferriere, JDH go, if we could find better. Jair surely plays wide and won’t compete for the central position.

I would agree that we need quality and I think we’ll see movement in and out.

Totally agree with you on the subs/ lack of wins. It would also help if Vente stayed on the field for 90 mins.

We have the forward options covered numbers wise but not sure we have the quality. I think it would be a risk to go in to the second half of the season with the likes of McKirdy coming back as an option. I think if we could rejig that position with players going out for players to come in, we probably would.

Centre half essential for me.

Unseen work
24-11-2023, 10:47 AM
We have the forward options covered numbers wise but not sure we have the quality. I think it would be a risk to go in to the second half of the season with the likes of McKirdy coming back as an option. I think if we could rejig that position with players going out for players to come in, we probably would.

Centre half essential for me.

Must admit this is sort of where I’m at.

I fear Monty’s ability to improve players/make them play with more confidence like Jair could result in us risking it with players who ultimately haven’t been good enough for us.

Some clearly have ability, but do they have it to perform for us week in week out.

A Hi-Bee
24-11-2023, 11:00 AM
Must admit this is sort of where I’m at.

I fear Monty’s ability to improve players/make them play with more confidence like Jair could result in us risking it with players who ultimately haven’t been good enough for us.

Some clearly have ability, but do they have it to perform for us week in week out.

Pretty sure Monty will know that and be able to work with what he has until ready to change and bring in better players. Time will also depend on when the Foley cash is introduced to the transfer budget.
Happy to leave this wi Big Monty for now. Dont think he is the kind of man to take risks he has a plan and will go with it, time will tell if it works or not.
:flag::flag::flag:

MagicSwirlingShip
24-11-2023, 01:25 PM
Although hopeful that Melk & Mckirdy can start looking like footballers on their return, if we are pinning our hopes on them for the 2nd half of the season we are in trouble.

Need some new bodies in

CapitalGreen
24-11-2023, 01:27 PM
Although hopeful that Melk & Mckirdy can start looking like footballers on their return, if we are pinning our hopes on them for the 2nd half of the season we are in trouble.

Need some new bodies in

Who is pinning our hopes on them? They both play in positions that where we have good strength.

greenlex
24-11-2023, 01:28 PM
We are weak in midfield. If that’s not addressed in January I’d be astonished.

Dmas
24-11-2023, 01:41 PM
We are weak in midfield. If that’s not addressed in January I’d be astonished.

I actually think we need 2 possibly 3 new central midfield players that suit the system NM is playing and I don't think we'd change it that much in Jan, we'd need to move on to many and all that rocks the boat too much, I think we'll see a wide man in on loan and possibly someone from his old team come in

number9dream
24-11-2023, 02:03 PM
Would we go for Baccus as an upgrade on Jeggo? Maybe pre contract for the summer… Younger, more athletic, can score too.
The player may have an eye on a move to England though.

Vault Boy
24-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Would we go for Baccus as an upgrade on Jeggo? Maybe pre contract for the summer… Younger, more athletic, can score too.
The player may have an eye on a move to England though.

I’d be happy to see us go for him. I felt we missed a trick by not going for Ethan Erhahon before he joined Lincoln. Not dissimilar types of players.

worcesterhibby
24-11-2023, 02:35 PM
I actually think we need 2 possibly 3 new central midfield players that suit the system NM is playing and I don't think we'd change it that much in Jan, we'd need to move on to many and all that rocks the boat too much, I think we'll see a wide man in on loan and possibly someone from his old team come in

Three central midfielders ? So are you ditching Newell and Levitt ? do you really think we will find better than them in January ? we only just signed Levitt and Newell is the most trusted player at the club. We play three in midfield, Jeggo has been excellent for weeks (we miss him every time he's substituted). I honestly think we would have to spend a minumum of £6million (plus wages) to bring in three central midfielders who were better than Newell, Levitt and Jeggo.

CapitalGreen
24-11-2023, 02:45 PM
Three central midfielders ? So are you ditching Newell and Levitt ? do you really think we will find better than them in January ? we only just signed Levitt and Newell is the most trusted player at the club. We play three in midfield, Jeggo has been excellent for weeks (we miss him every time he's substituted). I honestly think we would have to spend a minumum of £6million (plus wages) to bring in three central midfielders who were better than Newell, Levitt and Jeggo.

£6m minimum to improve on Newell, Levitt and Jeggo! 😂😂

McD
24-11-2023, 02:48 PM
I’d like to see a dominant and fairly pacy centre half, a leader who win his battles and organise around him, and an athletic centre mid who can win a ball and look to play it positively, ideally someone who can go box to box as well.

Neither of those are ten a penny, but they’re definitely out there, and I’d like to think we have the scouting structure already in place to have/be identifying the right profile of player.

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2023, 02:50 PM
Talking of Midfielders I wonder if JDH is far away from returning?.

MagicSwirlingShip
24-11-2023, 02:51 PM
Who is pinning our hopes on them? They both play in positions that where we have good strength.

Not me 😂

A Hi-Bee
24-11-2023, 03:00 PM
Hearing that a few red Ferraris have been seen down EM way.
:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
24-11-2023, 03:04 PM
Talking of Midfielders I wonder if JDH is far away from returning?.

Forgot about him to be honest , Tidy player imo but loves a yellow card leaving him on tenterhooks for the rest of the game

flash
24-11-2023, 03:12 PM

The return of Feruz!!!

The Modfather
24-11-2023, 03:22 PM

6m plus wages to to improve upon Newell, Levitt & Jeggo?! They are all fine individually, and decent enough in various combinations. We could quite easily improve upon them collectively though by signing similar quality who have different skill sets IMO. Skills that specifically compliment playing in a 2, probably more athleticism and drive, IMO.

Since90+2
24-11-2023, 03:30 PM

£6 million minimum?

So that means you think the 3 of them are worth around that?

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2023, 03:35 PM

Delete this quickly. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
24-11-2023, 03:40 PM
£6 million minimum?

So that means you think the 3 of them are worth around that?

No it doesn't. I don't think they are worth anything like that...but we want better don't we ? no point replacing like for like.

It means in todays market, if you want to buy three midfielders who are going to come in and definitely be a step above those three then you are probably looking at over £1million quid a player, particularly in the January window. Yes we could bring in new midfielders for less than that and who knows they might prove to be better, or they might not. If you want a real step up in quality from those three, then you need to spend money...maybe £3million..maybe £6million.. but as soon as you are looking for players that are a fair bit better than what we have, you are competing with the English Championship..and £6 million for three players is nothing in that league.

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2023, 03:51 PM
Forgot about him to be honest , Tidy player imo but loves a yellow card leaving him on tenterhooks for the rest of the game

Yeah tidy player alright, he's had me a bag or nerves a few times over him picking up yellow cards 😆 it would be good to get him back so Monty can have a look at him though . Another decent option from the bench too .

Jones28
24-11-2023, 03:55 PM

How old is ALF?

HibbyAndy
24-11-2023, 04:32 PM
Yeah tidy player alright, he's had me a bag or nerves a few times over him picking up yellow cards 😆 it would be good to get him back so Monty can have a look at him though . Another decent option from the bench too .

Agreed . I think he could thrive under Monty ...He should bring his mates over from Ireland every week , Last time they were here i think he scored 2 goals :greengrin

Bridge hibs
24-11-2023, 04:40 PM
Agreed . I think he could thrive under Monty ...He should bring his mates over from Ireland every week , Last time they were here i think he scored 2 goals :greengrin

2 good goals too

wookie70
24-11-2023, 05:33 PM
:thumbsup: No chance they would get over the speed bumps

Stubbsy90+2
24-11-2023, 06:25 PM
No it doesn't. I don't think they are worth anything like that...but we want better don't we ? no point replacing like for like.

It means in todays market, if you want to buy three midfielders who are going to come in and definitely be a step above those three then you are probably looking at over £1million quid a player, particularly in the January window. Yes we could bring in new midfielders for less than that and who knows they might prove to be better, or they might not. If you want a real step up in quality from those three, then you need to spend money...maybe £3million..maybe £6million.. but as soon as you are looking for players that are a fair bit better than what we have, you are competing with the English Championship..and £6 million for three players is nothing in that league.

I’d suggest Jeggo, Newell and Levitt would have a market value of about £1.25m combined. If we spent £2m wisely then you’d already have improved them. The idea it would take £6m to improve our very average at best midfield is mental.

eastmainsmsh
24-11-2023, 07:44 PM
One of the the longstaff brothers is available worth a punt ?

Aldo
24-11-2023, 07:59 PM

Was he not at Aberdeen a few seasons back and has just recovered from injuring his ACL? Matty I think!

04Sauzee
24-11-2023, 08:22 PM

Was he not a disaster at Aberdeen.

Bridge hibs
24-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Was he not a disaster at Aberdeen.

Matty Longstaff insists his failure to adapt to the long-ball approach of Aberdeen was the reason his spell on loan at Pittodrie did not succeed.

The Newcastle United midfielder endured a miserable spell with the Dons in the first half of the season and was recalled by the Magpies in December after making just five appearances.

PHeffernan
25-11-2023, 02:12 AM
How old is ALF?

A sprightly 37 in a week but well past it. 2 very good assists to date but is already on the injury trail.

JimBHibees
25-11-2023, 06:53 AM
A sprightly 37 in a week but well past it. 2 very good assists to date but is already on the injury trail.

Alf has been an excellent signing for me. All players can get injured his experience ability and knowledge to pass onto younger players has been an asset. 3 league goals is it not including two excellent goals against Buddies and Dons. Aberdeen goal was a brilliant finish. A shame he wasn't able to come on at Hampden.

JimBHibees
25-11-2023, 06:55 AM
Matty Longstaff insists his failure to adapt to the long-ball approach of Aberdeen was the reason his spell on loan at Pittodrie did not succeed.

The Newcastle United midfielder endured a miserable spell with the Dons in the first half of the season and was recalled by the Magpies in December after making just five appearances.

Sounds like a poor excuse for him to make if he indeed did say that as he was very poor. Has been scratching about English lower leagues without making much of an impact as far as I know.

Stubbsy90+2
25-11-2023, 06:57 AM

The one that’s available is pish imo.

Jones28
25-11-2023, 07:11 AM

Injured doesn’t mean past it.

Unseen work
25-11-2023, 04:07 PM
Marco Tulio - CCM striker who is full of skill and scores goals. Knows the system and will drop deep to get on it and create from there.

Left back - seen a couple mention this position, I personally really like Obita. But if it was for completion/cover then it’s got to be Owen Beck at Dundee on loan from Liverpool.

Experienced centre half - Rate both Rocky and fish individually but I think at times we lack the leadership to keep things tight. Preferably left sided.

Also a player in the mould of Barrie Mackay - A technical player they can drift past players with pace, capable of a positive pass in veins that most won’t see. If we get a player like him it then becomes easier to play out as the centre half, Newell or Levitt then finds him in space. Youan and Boyle are more the head down and run, we need someone a bit smarter to go with it.

Said it a couple of weeks ago and I’ll say it again. If we’re after a left back it has to be Owen beck.

TrinityHFC
25-11-2023, 04:11 PM
Said it a couple of weeks ago and I’ll say it again. If we’re after a left back it has to be Owen beck.

Under contract at Liverpool for another few years.

Paul1642
25-11-2023, 04:20 PM
Porteous getting pelters from Watford fans week in week out. Back in the cheap in Jan ;)

Unseen work
25-11-2023, 04:23 PM
Porteous getting pelters from Watford fans week in week out. Back in the cheap in Jan ;)

Really?

I’ve not seen much about him in a while tbf but thought it was all positive before.

Hibs90
25-11-2023, 04:24 PM

Really?

I'd heard he was doing really well and they love him

Paul1642
25-11-2023, 04:27 PM
I occasion run him through a twitter search after their games to see how he’s getting on. Always seems to be very negative.

Hibs90
He went in goal today as Watford to try save a Vardy penalty today

Cammy
I’d suggest Jeggo, Newell and Levitt would have a market value of about £1.25m combined. If we spent £2m wisely then you’d already have improved them. The idea it would take £6m to improve our very average at best midfield is mental.

I think you underestimate the value in the current market, there was an offer of £1m+ for Campbell and he has his critics. I think spending £3-4m would get the players at a better level.

Stubbsy90+2
25-11-2023, 05:18 PM
I think you underestimate the value in the current market, there was an offer of £1m+ for Campbell and he has his critics. I think spending £3-4m would get the players at a better level.

Was there actually an offer?

I remember the chat of ‘I’d take a million for Campbell’ but as far as I remember it was never based on there being an actual offer.

Stubbsy90+2
25-11-2023, 05:19 PM
I occasion run him through a twitter search after their games to see how he’s getting on. Always seems to be very negative.

Yup. There’s been loads of negative stuff about him this season. It sounds very much like what folk said when he was here.

Northernhibee
25-11-2023, 05:22 PM
Yup. There’s been loads of negative stuff about him this season. It sounds very much like what folk said when he was here.

I wouldn’t take him back if I’m honest. His tendency to try Hollywood balls, playing out of trouble and bollocking others just aren’t for me.

Absolute bundles of talent but needs to control the head a bit more. Think it’s no coincidence that when he stepped into Watford and Scotland as a small fish in a big pond he seemed to do a lot better.

PHeffernan
25-11-2023, 05:24 PM
Alf has been an excellent signing for me. All players can get injured his experience ability and knowledge to pass onto younger players has been an asset. 3 league goals is it not including two excellent goals against Buddies and Dons. Aberdeen goal was a brilliant finish. A shame he wasn't able to come on at Hampden.

"Excellent signing" is dependent on how much he is being paid. Could be a very expensive coach.
Hasn't scored for 3 months which means he hasn't scored for Montgomery yet.
He is sprightly for a player of his age but, at 37 next week, he will be the oldest striker in the SPL by 4 seasons.

Paul1642
25-11-2023, 05:33 PM
I wouldn’t take him back if I’m honest. His tendency to try Hollywood balls, playing out of trouble and bollocking others just aren’t for me.

Absolute bundles of talent but needs to control the head a bit more. Think it’s no coincidence that when he stepped into Watford and Scotland as a small fish in a big pond he seemed to do a lot better.

I would take him back in a heartbeat. Realistically it’s extremely unlikely to happen any time soon unfortunately.

A Hi-Bee
25-11-2023, 05:49 PM
I would take him back in a heartbeat. Realistically it’s extremely unlikely to happen any time soon unfortunately.
:top marksand would not be using twitter or whatever its called now, to be passing judgement on anything.
He would be great in a Monty team.

greenlex
25-11-2023, 06:03 PM
Porteous is no better than Rocky or Fish.

JimBHibees
25-11-2023, 06:06 PM
"Excellent signing" is dependent on how much he is being paid. Could be a very expensive coach.
Hasn't scored for 3 months which means he hasn't scored for Montgomery yet.
He is sprightly for a player of his age but, at 37 next week, he will be the oldest striker in the SPL by 4 seasons.

No interest in what he is paid have seen enough to know he has been a decent signing and nowhere near past it.

Gmack7
25-11-2023, 06:08 PM

I think that's a bit of a stretch

Paul1642
25-11-2023, 06:10 PM

Maybe not but there is no guarantee that Fish will be with us any longer than this season (and even has a recall clause in January which I doubt will be activated but you never know).

That leaves us Rocky as one CH and Hanlon who is potentially done after this season and Harbottle who is still a complete unknown for the other spot. It’s a daft hypothetical conversation because he’s not coming back but Porto would be an excellent signing.

A Hi-Bee
25-11-2023, 06:20 PM

Oh, yes he is.
:greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-11-2023, 06:51 PM

Come on Lex, the sign of a good player is when he steps up to the next level. Played really well for Scotland in the qualifiers, Watford are a poor team

worcesterhibby
26-11-2023, 03:00 PM

You might, with a lot of luck, or you might end up with pretty much the same..or maybe worse. the problem is that once players become significantly better than "decent SPFL level" (which is what are midfield three currently is) then the price goes up exponentially. As soon as they would be good players in the English Championship,(which is what we would need if we wanted obvious, immediate upgrades on all three) then the price inflates.. I very much doubt you could get three players that are obvious upgrades on our current midfield unless we were willing to spend a good deal more, and you would be spending more in wages too.

Given time and shopping around with players who have fallen out with managers or who are coming to the end of their contract, you might find bargains (if you could lure them with big wages) but that's very, very hard to do in the January window. My initial post of £6million is over egging it, but quality midfielders who fit anything near our wage structure and are without doubt better than our current midfield are thin on the ground in January..you then have to persuade them to play in Scotland and oitbid other clubs.

PHeffernan
26-11-2023, 09:27 PM
Oh, yes he is.
:greengrin

Fish of Manchester Utd is still only 20 years old and next season at the age of 21 will be playing on loan in the same league as Ryan Porteous. Ryan managed to reach that level just before his 24th birthday.
Fish is far more mature than Ryan was at 23 and learns from his mistakes much quicker. At the age of 23 Ryan was still unable to take responsibility for his own behaviour. As a result he missed 9 league matches that season through needless suspensions and had to go to a criminal court for an act of stupidity. At that point the penny finally dropped and in the last 18 months Ryan has grown up and made massive progress and in the process become a small fish in 2 big ponds. His great performances for Scotland in massive games put him well ahead of Fish at the moment but Will has been playing senior football for less than a year.
It will be interesting see who has the best club career.

Zazu62
27-11-2023, 12:52 AM

I think he’s overrated personally, the last few months at hibs he was brutal and just shouting at everyone and everything. I know it might upset a few on here but I don’t think he’s all that.

Callum_62
27-11-2023, 07:25 AM
Surprised when watching EFL highlights a stat was mentioned before the Watford game about how little goals they have conceeded

Centre Hawf
27-11-2023, 07:45 AM
I think Porteous lost the head a little bit that final 6 months or so he was with us. Some performances were brilliant and then there was some where you genuinely felt him trying to look the best player on the park was costing us and making us a poorer team with his attitude towards some teammates. As much as I loved the laddie I don't think it was a huge surprise to see us improve that second half of the season when he left.

Centre Hawf
27-11-2023, 07:59 AM

For what it's worth I do agree with your overall point (even if the £6m is a bit over the mark:greengrin).

Levitt Newell and Jeggo as a 3, even JDH if you wanted to add him in, are all players that would walk into the sides around us in the league, with maybe a bit of a conversation about where they would fit into Aberdeen and Hearts but they would be in contention to play for them for sure. That alone means to get better you have to spend a fair whack of money on each ones replacement to get an overall better team.

What would a midfielder better than Levitt cost? 500k? We spent just short of that apparently on him so maybe even 750k-1m? Newell 500k-750k? Jeggo 500k? Even then you're not guaranteed to get someone better for those sums of money. If you wanted to all but guarantee you had a better player (experience, talent, age, resale value, injury record) than everyone of those players you're looking at a 7 figure sum, otherwise you're realistically taking punts on the same types of players that these three are.

Tambo
27-11-2023, 12:33 PM
Lazy reporting probably from the EEN who yesterday said Hibs and Hearts could move for Van Veen, They might receive a few offers for Shankland so could maybe see them interested.

Will be nice getting Cadden back so we could see Whittaker moved out on loan.

Any latest on Mckirdy? An extra body for Monty to get something out of. Unless players are moved on, I would be surprised for another Central Midfielder in January.

Would it be any harm trying for another United loan player? Seem to have a good relationship at the moment with them and Fish saying he has no plans to return in January.

Move on Doidge and Bring back Cummings or even Griffiths 😁

HoboHarry
27-11-2023, 12:44 PM
Lazy reporting probably from the EEN who yesterday said Hibs and Hearts could move for Van Veen, They might receive a few offers for Shankland so could maybe see them interested.

Any latest on Mckirdy? An extra body for Monty to get something out of. Unless players are moved on, I would be surprised for another Central Midfielder in January.

Would it be any harm trying for another United loan player? Seem to have a good relationship at the moment with them and Fish saying he has no plans to return in January.

Think Cummings is on a good wage that we probably can't match and I thought I read Griffiths had started coaching in Oz?

J-C
27-11-2023, 02:31 PM
Think Cummings is on a good wage that we probably can't match and I thought I read Griffiths had started coaching in Oz?

Spoke to Jason's dad the other week, he's on tax free wages and enjoying life, in no hurry to return.

Broken Gnome
27-11-2023, 02:38 PM
No inferiority complex, but if it ever came down to Hibs or Hearts then Van Veen strikes me as a Hearts player every day of the week.

Centre Hawf
27-11-2023, 03:33 PM

I'll assume the Griffiths shout is tongue in cheek, but even Cummings i'd probably rather avoid at this point. He's done well since leaving the country but I'd worry what he'd be like if he came back to Scotland near his old pals etc.

Zazu62
27-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Josh Doig unused sub today for struggling Verona, maybe a loan return 🤗?

offshorehibby
27-11-2023, 07:16 PM

I think it's the first game he hasn't played thus season so must in their plans.

Forza Fred
28-11-2023, 03:32 AM
Spoke to Jason's dad the other week, he's on tax free wages and enjoying life, in no hurry to return.

He’s also got a couple of years to run on his 3 year contract, so unless something blows up, I can’t see him ever being back with us

HoboHarry
28-11-2023, 03:40 AM
He’s also got a couple of years to run on his 3 year contract, so unless something blows up, I can’t see him ever being back with us

Ditch a diet of Indian scran tae get back tae haggis? I'd be ferkin staying there anaw...

Brightside
28-11-2023, 08:25 AM

Zero chance.

04Sauzee
28-11-2023, 02:42 PM
Gary Mackay-Steven and Lewis Strap playing as trialists for Killie today.

Centre Hawf
28-11-2023, 03:10 PM

Lewis Strapp is an interesting one. Half decent at Morton and wanted to try his hand at moving on but picked up an injury before the end of the season that's kept him out till around now hence why he's still a free.

Type of guy I'd have considered bringing in to have a look at to see if he's got something to replace Lewy.

Unseen work
28-11-2023, 03:32 PM

Heard good things about Strapp who was linked with us before.

GMS is a good signing for them if he can get over his injury.

Godsahibby
28-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Heard good things about Strapp who was linked with us before.

GMS is a good signing for them if he can get over his injury.

The boy has an insane long throw!

Donegal Hibby
29-11-2023, 09:54 AM
I see Monty says he'd love to keep Fish permanently, wonder what the chances would be of getting him permanently would be ?

CockneyRebel
29-11-2023, 09:59 AM
I see Monty says he'd love to keep Fish permanently, wonder what the chances would be of getting him permanently would be ?

Sure he would get many more ££££s back home at Man U or pretty much anywhere down South.

Forza Fred
29-11-2023, 10:08 AM
Lewis Strapp is an interesting one. Half decent at Morton and wanted to try his hand at moving on but picked up an injury before the end of the season that's kept him out till around now hence why he's still a free.

Type of guy I'd have considered bringing in to have a look at to see if he's got something to replace Lewy.

Jacob Farrell would be the ideal replacement for Lewis.

Donegal Hibby
29-11-2023, 10:52 AM
Sure he would get many more ££££s back home at Man U or pretty much anywhere down South.

I think he's at the stage now were he wants first team football. I don't see him breaking into the Man U first team or any premier league club for that matter though your right in he'd get more money in the championship though.

Just wondered if we could agree a fee with Utd and offered him a decent signing on fee and wage would he be tempted as he knows our club well and he's definitely guaranteed first team football with the possibility of Europe again . Just me clutching at straws probably though !.��
https://strettynews.com/2023/11/29/hibernian-target-permanent-deal-for-will-fish/

Haymaker
29-11-2023, 11:10 AM
even Griffiths 😁

Firmly agree here

Col2
29-11-2023, 11:14 AM

If we are getting serious new investment then you would think we might be in a better place to keep the likes of Fish.

Since452
29-11-2023, 11:21 AM

I like Fish but i think he's very much a Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen level player. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he joined us permanently and i'd be all for it. Right now i think he'd struggle in the English Championship.

Unseen work
29-11-2023, 11:26 AM
The potentially good thing for us is Fish started the season poor and since then probably hasn’t got much credit in the media, despite fans seeing a big improvement

He could probably get more money in the championship or even league 1 but hopefully he likes playing week in week out here and we’re able to put a good offer infront of him

Look at Harry Clarke, went to Stoke and then Ipswich and is still on a very good wage

Centre Hawf
29-11-2023, 11:50 AM
I think he's at the stage now were he wants first team football. I don't see him breaking into the Man U first team or any premier league club for that matter though your right in he'd get more money in the championship though.

Just wondered if we could agree a fee with Utd and offered him a decent signing on fee and wage would he be tempted as he knows our club well and he's definitely guaranteed first team football with the possibility of Europe again . Just me clutching at straws probably though !.��
https://strettynews.com/2023/11/29/hibernian-target-permanent-deal-for-will-fish/

While I'd love to do it I wouldn't be surprised if he's the type of laddie that a Championship side would take a 7 figure punt on.

Donegal Hibby
29-11-2023, 01:29 PM
While I'd love to do it I wouldn't be surprised if he's the type of laddie that a Championship side would take a 7 figure punt on.

At the age of 20 I think if we could sign him it would benefit him in the long run too . Two or three seasons at us playing regularly maybe even European football too he could further develop and then move down down south a much better player to possibly a better club than he'd get in the summer . A few plus's in staying at ER imo though financially we will not be able to compete with the money on offer down there , still think we will try though .

04Sauzee
29-11-2023, 01:41 PM
Van Veen voor aanstaand vaderschap naar Schotland.

De spits vertrekt vandaag voor onbepaalde tijd terug naar Schotland en zal daar zijn hoogzwangere vriendin bijstaan voor de bevalling.👶

Van Veen back to Scotland to be with his GF during the birth of his child for a fair bit. I'd think he'd be available in Jan for a loan , only he won't have played football for a while.

The Modfather
29-11-2023, 01:59 PM

Probably in the minority but I’m not that fussed about Fish. Decent player, but not one I’d spend big money to make permanent. I actually think Rocky, for all his faults, would be harder to replace than Fish given his strength and athleticism.

Would be happy to keep Fish but think we could get someone equally competent for much less than the kind of fee it would likely take to buy him permanently.

PHeffernan
29-11-2023, 02:13 PM
At the age of 20 I think if we could sign him it would benefit him in the long run too . Two or three seasons at us playing regularly maybe even European football too he could further develop and then move down down south a much better player to possibly a better club than he'd get in the summer . A few plus's in staying at ER imo though financially we will not be able to compete with the money on offer down there , still think we will try though .

I can see no way that he will be at Hibs after the summer and it's almost certain he will be going on loan to at an English Championship club.
He's a remarkably mature player for a 20 year old and learns quickly and undramatically from his mistakes. Started very slowly this season but is now back in the groove.

Centre Hawf
29-11-2023, 02:14 PM

I think it would definitely help him and would provide us with another sellable asset in 2 or 3 seasons time. But it might not be up to him or us if Man Utd set the asking price at £1m and we can only offer half that.

JohnM1875
29-11-2023, 03:26 PM
Probably in the minority but I’m not that fussed about Fish. Decent player, but not one I’d spend big money to make permanent. I actually think Rocky, for all his faults, would be harder to replace than Fish given his strength and athleticism.

Would be happy to keep Fish but think we could get someone equally competent for much less than the kind of fee it would likely take to buy him permanently.

Probably in the minority with that one I reckon. Fish is a fantastic defender for a 20 year old laddie. Only going to get better as well. Don’t think we’ll have much chance of a permanent deal though

neil7908
29-11-2023, 03:40 PM
Van Veen voor aanstaand vaderschap naar Schotland.

De spits vertrekt vandaag voor onbepaalde tijd terug naar Schotland en zal daar zijn hoogzwangere vriendin bijstaan voor de bevalling.👶

Van Veen back to Scotland to be with his GF during the birth of his child for a fair bit. I'd think he'd be available in Jan for a loan , only he won't have played football for a while.

Yes please. Van Veen and Vente. That's got a ring to it.

JimBHibees
30-11-2023, 02:53 PM
Firmly agree here

You’ve changed your tune 😂

Tambo
30-11-2023, 05:09 PM
I'll assume the Griffiths shout is tongue in cheek, but even Cummings i'd probably rather avoid at this point. He's done well since leaving the country but I'd worry what he'd be like if he came back to Scotland near his old pals etc.

That was for Haymaker 😁

I did see an article the other day with Michael Stewart saying Celtic should go for Shankland.

BoomtownHibees
30-11-2023, 11:54 PM
If we are getting serious new investment then you would think we might be in a better place to keep the likes of Fish.

This is definitely the plaice for Fish to be

HoboHarry
01-12-2023, 01:10 AM
if we are getting serious new investment then you would think we might be in a better plaice to keep the likes of fish.

ftfy

MKHIBEE
01-12-2023, 07:44 AM
Ditch a diet of Indian scran tae get back tae haggis? I'd be ferkin staying there anaw...
Hope he got a cast iron gut

HoboHarry
01-12-2023, 03:47 PM
Hope he got a cast iron gut
Food for the Gods themselves :greengrin

Aldo
01-12-2023, 04:02 PM
That was for Haymaker [emoji16]

I did see an article the other day with Michael Stewart saying Celtic should go for Shankland.

Shankland moving in January would be brilliant. Think our Gorgie chums would struggle to replace his goals. He doesn’t score they don’t!

Gmack7
01-12-2023, 09:24 PM
Shankland moving in January would be brilliant. Think our Gorgie chums would struggle to replace his goals. He doesn’t score they don’t!

Is his contract up at the end of the season?

Aldo
01-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Is his contract up at the end of the season?

I believe it’s up 2025.