PDA

View Full Version : Boyle penalty shout

h1bs4life
11-11-2023, 04:46 PM
Just back from the game so not seen any replays but looked to me from the FF Upper that contact was made with Boyle as he was heading into the penalty box and should have been a penalty .
Wasn’t much reaction from Boyle so maybe I am wrong .
Anyone see replays on Hibs TV

Forza Fred
11-11-2023, 04:47 PM
Just back from the game so not seen any replays but looked to me from the FF Upper that contact was made with Boyle as he was heading into the penalty box and should have been a penalty .
Wasn’t much reaction from Boyle so maybe I am wrong .
Anyone see replays on Hibs TV

Looked like he just fell over.

SlickShoes
11-11-2023, 04:47 PM
Nothing in it, Newell should have had one in the second half though

Willis1875
11-11-2023, 04:50 PM
Newell was a pen,Boyle wasn’t.

Infact it looked like he was more concerned in drawing a foul and getting a penalty than he was in scoring

wookie70
11-11-2023, 04:54 PM
Boyle just ran out of legs. The Newell one could easily have been a pen. Campbell getting booked for an identical attempted fouls as a Killie player had tried 5 minutes earlier just confirmed what a terrible referee Dickinson is. Missed another few bookings for Killie players too

Willis1875
11-11-2023, 04:57 PM
Boyle just ran out of legs. The Newell one could easily have been a pen. Campbell getting booked for an identical attempted fouls as a Killie player had tried 5 minutes earlier just confirmed what a terrible referee Dickinson is. Missed another few bookings for Killie players too

The ref was giving it Billy big baws for the entirety of the match aswell,looked like he was speaking to players like the were school children

The Veteran
11-11-2023, 04:57 PM
Boyle just fell over.

In saying that, even if it had been a reasonable claim, I guess his 'reputation' goes against him now.

h1bs4life
11-11-2023, 05:01 PM

Cheers thought clipped / tangle of leagues without there being an actual tackle on him.
Newell’s ? Was that when both players got injured ?

Northernhibee
11-11-2023, 05:01 PM
The ref was giving it Billy big baws for the entirety of the match aswell,looked like he was speaking to players like the were school children

Pretty sure it’s the same tosser who sent off Jeggo Vs St Johnstone.

Willis1875
11-11-2023, 05:02 PM
Pretty sure it’s the same tosser who sent off Jeggo Vs St Johnstone.

Was that not Craig Napier?

supermcginn
11-11-2023, 05:03 PM
He's regressed unfortunately, no longer has the pace to get away

LancashireHibby
11-11-2023, 05:05 PM
Went down a bit soft but I don’t think there’s any doubt we’d have had a free kick for it had it happened 10 yards further up the pitch.

Fergos
11-11-2023, 05:08 PM

Apart from at the goal he made for Campbell…

Northernhibee
11-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Was that not Craig Napier?

I remember Dickinson having a dreadful performance against us at least once. It’s difficult to differentiate one awful west coast referee from the next.

babahibs
11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Never a pen, just kinda stumbled.
Newell's though...........

wookie70
11-11-2023, 05:16 PM
Cheers thought clipped / tangle of leagues without there being an actual tackle on him.
Newell’s ? Was that when both players got injured ?

Yes but it sounds like the ball may have been out of play when the tackle happened. It was pretty close to us and the tackle was pretty much on the bye line. Newell was adamant he was caught and it was definitely in the box. It would be interesting seeing a replay but it probably won't be shown on highlights

Allant1981
11-11-2023, 05:37 PM

He got away loads of times today

flash
11-11-2023, 05:41 PM

Incredible take on today's game.

tamig
11-11-2023, 05:44 PM
Incredible take on today's game.

This poster is making some wild claims at the moment. See the “Doidge will never be seen again” post on another thread. Lobs in a one liner and never seen on the thread again. Clickbait.

degenerated
11-11-2023, 05:46 PM
I remember Dickinson having a dreadful performance against us at least once. It’s difficult to differentiate one awful west coast referee from the next.He had a few last season away at livi, Tannadice and killie he was that bad it almost looked malicious.

bod
11-11-2023, 05:48 PM
Yes but it sounds like the ball may have been out of play when the tackle happened. It was pretty close to us and the tackle was pretty much on the bye line. Newell was adamant he was caught and it was definitely in the box. It would be interesting seeing a replay but it probably won't be shown on highlights

It can’t be definitely in the box if it was out of play .
FWIT I thought it was a penalty as I didn’t think it was out of play,I’m assuming VAR looked at it

wookie70
11-11-2023, 05:50 PM
It can’t be definitely in the box if it was out of play .
FWIT I thought it was a penalty as I didn’t think it was out of play,I’m assuming VAR looked at it The foul can definitely be in the box and the ball can be out of play as the foul happens. From my view it looked a foul may have happened and the ball was right on the byeline so no idea if it was in play as the foul happened. Not even sure about the rule but I think if the foul happened and the ball was out it isn't a pen

SaulGoodman
11-11-2023, 06:19 PM
Never mind Newells one I’m surprised the one where Fish went down in the box never got checked.

LaMotta
11-11-2023, 06:22 PM

Absolutely horrendous take. The type you'd expect to see on a Facebook Hibs supporters group from someone that struggles to spell their own name.

His pace practically won us the game as he turned three of their players inside out, ran from the halfway line, avoided a cynical tackle then laid it on a plate for Campbell.

Cammy
11-11-2023, 06:30 PM
Boyle just fell over.

In saying that, even if it had been a reasonable claim, I guess his 'reputation' goes against him now.

Stayed on his feet pretty well for the goal! I think he gets hit a lot in games, so uses it to his advantage. Any other league in Europe no one would say anything about him, only the Scottish goldfish bowl.

Cammy
11-11-2023, 06:32 PM
Apart from at the goal he made for Campbell…

:agree: :aok: :flag:

number9dream
11-11-2023, 06:33 PM
The foul can definitely be in the box and the ball can be out of play as the foul happens. From my view it looked a foul may have happened and the ball was right on the byeline so no idea if it was in play as the foul happened. Not even sure about the rule but I think if the foul happened and the ball was out it isn't a pen

It looked like Newell got to the ball first then there was a clash of knees. Nobody was really claiming for it though - apart from Joe once he got back up. Boyle just fell over when he should have been cutting across the defender.

greenlex
11-11-2023, 06:33 PM
Never mind Newells one I’m surprised the one where Fish went down in the box never got checked.
Stonewaller.

30 yards away
11-11-2023, 06:55 PM
when your running your fastest for a long as you can the smallest pushes will push you down. it was a penalty
:flag:

A Hi-Bee
11-11-2023, 06:56 PM
:top marks he just ran out of steam, killie should have had at least 8 bookings and a man sent off as well, terrible way to play top class football.
The ref was just another one from the west.

Kato
11-11-2023, 06:56 PM
Never mind Newells one I’m surprised the one where Fish went down in the box never got checked.Why are you surprised?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Shrekko
11-11-2023, 07:22 PM

Absolutely incredible when you consider the one given against us on Wednesday. The game is an absolute joke at the moment.

Victor
11-11-2023, 08:17 PM
Was the VAR actually working.? I can’t remember any reviews during the match, despite the fact there appeared to be a few possible penalty shouts. Or is it just that, if a decision will benefit Hibs, they just don’t bother?

The Tubs
11-11-2023, 08:26 PM
Was the VAR actually working.? I can’t remember any reviews during the match, despite the fact there appeared to be a few possible penalty shouts. Or is it just that, if a decision will benefit Hibs, they just don’t bother?

I think you're starting to get it.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2023, 08:42 PM
He should have just shot. Wasn't getting a penalty.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
11-11-2023, 08:45 PM
I think you're starting to get it.Ref was still pissed, on a big high from getting to smile at the sevco manager at the weekend

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2023, 08:48 PM

Everything gets checked by VAR. It isn't only when they announce it.

Victor
11-11-2023, 08:56 PM
Everything gets checked by VAR. It isn't only when they announce it.

Really?

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2023, 09:01 PM
Really?

Yes, always been the case.

Victor
11-11-2023, 09:04 PM
Yes, always been the case.

Are you sure?

matty_f
11-11-2023, 09:08 PM

Fish and Newell should both have had penalties.

Very frustrating given how we’ve had VAR deal with us recently.

matty_f
11-11-2023, 09:09 PM
Are you sure?

They watch the whole game, they only flag a review if they think there’s an error or for one of the specified criteria for an automatic check.

Victor
11-11-2023, 09:19 PM
They watch the whole game, they only flag a review if they think there’s an error or for one of the specified criteria for an automatic check.

I am quite aware of what they are meant to do, but does anyone actually know for sure what they do? I really don’t trust any Scottish referee to make a wholly impartial decision. Last week’s nonsense only compounded my belief that we are treated differently. I think that VAR officials should be filmed and their discussions on events, under review, recorded and open for all to see. (i.e. as they do for the rugby) Only then would I be happy that they are not the biased incompetents that I think they are.

neil7908
11-11-2023, 09:22 PM
I thought it was a pen at the game but was sitting other end of the pitch. Interested to see it again.

Allant1981
11-11-2023, 09:24 PM
I sit in the east and almost in line with him falling over, was never a penalty, he probably should have taken the shot a yard or so earlier

matty_f
11-11-2023, 09:33 PM
I am quite aware of what they are meant to do, but does anyone actually know for sure what they do? I really don’t trust any Scottish referee to make a wholly impartial decision. Last week’s nonsense only compounded my belief that we are treated differently. I think that VAR officials should be filmed and their discussions on events, under review, recorded and open for all to see. (i.e. as they do for the rugby) Only then would I be happy that they are not the biased incompetents that I think they are.

I think they should be recorded as well and it should be totally transparent. There’s no good reason for it not to be.

Jack Hackett
11-11-2023, 09:43 PM
I think they should be recorded as well and it should be totally transparent. There’s no good reason for it not to be.

Except for exactly the same reasons you don't get statements from or questioning of the refs in charge after a game... they'd get shown up

Gloucester Hibs
11-11-2023, 09:46 PM
If it’s not a handball claim or a jersey tug VAR don’t seem to get involved

Forza Fred
12-11-2023, 07:14 AM

Yet the opposition manager publicly stated that Boyler was the difference between the two sides?

LaMotta
12-11-2023, 07:17 AM
As many have said the Boyle incident was never a pen. Here's the clip:

https://twitter.com/Freddie_23_23/status/1723367173173707134?t=tH0hEtuvFmU34h9hGCT0GQ&s=19

Somehow there was people screaming tor a pen at the game. There are def some people who are incapable of seeing incidents objectively, looking at them through very thick green tinted spectacles:greengrin

Skol
12-11-2023, 07:20 AM

https://twitter.com/Freddie_23_23/status/1723367173173707134?t=tH0hEtuvFmU34h9hGCT0GQ&s=19

Somehow there was people screaming tor a pen at the game. There are def some people who are incapable of seeing incidents objectively, looking at them through very thick green tinted spectacles:greengrin

At the game I thought it was a penalty. I have changed my view on seeing the footage.

h1bs4life
12-11-2023, 07:25 AM

What part of the stadium were you sitting at that you were that sure it wasn’t a penalty ?

LaMotta
12-11-2023, 07:28 AM
What part of the stadium were you sitting at that you were that sure it wasn’t a penalty ?

West Stand lower mid way towards FF. Looked nothing like a penalty at the time to our group. Dont't think it would matter where I was sitting watching that incident though.

Allant1981
12-11-2023, 07:47 AM

I sit in the east and knew straight away it wasn't a penalty

Green Man
12-11-2023, 08:13 AM
I shouted for it but from my view in the FF Lower I knew it wasn’t a penalty, he just fell over. At the time I thought he could have taken the shot just before he fell.

Gmack7
12-11-2023, 08:36 AM
From my seat in the east I never thought it was a penalty, I didn't think the tackle on Newall was either, I've just watched it again it is as clear a foul in the box as you are likely to see, how that is not given is ridiculous

erin go bragh
12-11-2023, 09:11 AM
Opticians are open on Sundays now.

Wheat Hound
12-11-2023, 09:17 AM
Dont think it was a pen but dont think he has dived either. Rather just lost balance and fell over. Did he claim for the pen?

wookie70
12-11-2023, 09:21 AM
Just watched Sportscene. As per, massive post mortems about the Hearts non penalties and not a word about our claims. They never showed the Fish incident, the Boyle one was exactly as I saw it and not a penalty but the Newell claim is an absolute stonewaller. I thought it may not have been given because the ball was out of play(still not sure on that rule) however the Killie boy clatters him before the ball goes out for a bye and the ball is still in play. The onfield officials thought the Killie defender got a touch on the ball as they gave a corner but he wasn't even close. A very clear penalty and another VAR decision that has went against us. Not sure how the officials could treat us any worse so about time the club prepared a video dossier of all the poor decisions and asked why we are repeatedly treated unfairly. Part of it is the media imo as they rarely give us a fair crack of the whip.

Eyrie
12-11-2023, 09:34 AM
The Boyle incident wasn't a penalty but the Newell one should have been given.

Regardless of whether the ball was still in play, it was a late tackle on the man and not for the ball.

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 09:39 AM
Is the Newell one shown in any highlights? Have to admit I don’t remember it

Eyrie
12-11-2023, 09:43 AM
Double post.

Eyrie
12-11-2023, 09:43 AM
Is the Newell one shown in any highlights? Have to admit I don’t remember it

It was shown on Sportscene but not discussed afterwards.

JimBHibees
12-11-2023, 09:45 AM

Shock.

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 09:49 AM

Cheers, I’ll have a wee watch later

poolman
12-11-2023, 09:52 AM
Absolutely horrendous take. The type you'd expect to see on a Facebook Hibs supporters group from someone that struggles to spell their own name.

His pace practically won us the game as he turned three of their players inside out, ran from the halfway line, avoided a cynical tackle then laid it on a plate for Campbell.

He's best ignored

1van Sprou7e
12-11-2023, 09:53 AM
Regarding the Newell one, clear foul but I think the ball had just gone out of play

This means the ref unfortunately cannot give a penalty

You could argue he still could have given the player a (second) booking, but good luck having a ref send off a player for an infraction inside the box without giving a penalty.

Even if it was technically within the laws of the game there would be a meltdown

BoomtownHibees
12-11-2023, 09:56 AM

Regardless of whether the ball was still in play, it was a late tackle on the man and not for the ball.

If the ball was out then they can’t give a pen

JimBHibees
12-11-2023, 09:59 AM
If the ball was out then they can’t give a pen

Is that correct? Genuinely didn't know that. Sure I have seen penalties given near the touch line where forward gets taken out the game where he has knocked it too far in front.

BoomtownHibees
12-11-2023, 10:08 AM
Is that correct? Genuinely didn't know that. Sure I have seen penalties given near the touch line where forward gets taken out the game where he has knocked it too far in front.

“Direct and indirect free kicks and penalty kicks can only be awarded for offences committed when the ball is in play”

“If the ball is out of play when an infraction of the Laws of the Game occurs, play is restarted according to the reason the ball became out of play before the infraction. (Any infraction of the Laws of the Game that occurs while the ball is out of play can be misconduct, but is not a foul)”

wookie70
12-11-2023, 10:19 AM
Regarding the Newell one, clear foul but I think the ball had just gone out of play

You could argue he still could have given the player a (second) booking, but good luck having a ref send off a player for an infraction inside the box without giving a penalty.

Even if it was technically within the laws of the game there would be a meltdown

That was my take on it before I saw the highlights. But a quick freezeframe says to me the ball was still in and it was an obvious pen. Here is a still and the foot is already passed first contact on Newell and teh ball looks like it is probably still in play. It should also have been a yellow regardless of where the ball is

wookie70
12-11-2023, 10:45 AM

Regardless of whether the ball was still in play, it was a late tackle on the man and not for the ball. If the ball was out of play a foul cannot be given.

JohnM1875
12-11-2023, 10:46 AM
If the ball was out of play a foul cannot be given.

Also, If the ball isn’t out of play a play a penalty can’t be given. Cause it’s Hibs.

matty_f
12-11-2023, 11:18 AM
Just watched Sportscene. As per, massive post mortems about the Hearts non penalties and not a word about our claims. They never showed the Fish incident, the Boyle one was exactly as I saw it and not a penalty but the Newell claim is an absolute stonewaller. I thought it may not have been given because the ball was out of play(still not sure on that rule) however the Killie boy clatters him before the ball goes out for a bye and the ball is still in play. The onfield officials thought the Killie defender got a touch on the ball as they gave a corner but he wasn't even close. A very clear penalty and another VAR decision that has went against us. Not sure how the officials could treat us any worse so about time the club prepared a video dossier of all the poor decisions and asked why we are repeatedly treated unfairly. Part of it is the media imo as they rarely give us a fair crack of the whip.

If they’ve not given it for the ball going out of play then it should have had a forensic frame-by-frame VAR review similar to the one used to award Killie a penalty rather than a free kick against us last season.

gbhibby
12-11-2023, 11:29 AM

Think that rule needs reviewing to stop all the shenanigans that goes on when a corner kick is taking place.

BoomtownHibees
12-11-2023, 11:37 AM
Think that rule needs reviewing to stop all the shenanigans that goes on when a corner kick is taking place.

I don’t think it does. What should happen is the ref allows the corner to be played and then gives the foul if there are any shenanigans

wookie70
12-11-2023, 11:55 AM
Think that rule needs reviewing to stop all the shenanigans that goes on when a corner kick is taking place. What needs to stop happening is referees getting involved. If players are stupid enough to continue to jostle when the ball is played then they will be penalised. Just another opportunity for refs to make football more boring and they grab the opportunity every time. The rule is fine it is the officials that are terrible.

wookie70
12-11-2023, 11:57 AM
If they’ve not given it for the ball going out of play then it should have had a forensic frame-by-frame VAR review similar to the one used to award Killie a penalty rather than a free kick against us last season.

I doubt they even looked at it in slow motion.

The Veteran
12-11-2023, 01:22 PM

Are you being serious here?

I don’t think you can be.

Eyrie
12-11-2023, 06:59 PM

“Direct and indirect free kicks and penalty kicks can only be awarded for offences committed when the ball is in play”

“If the ball is out of play when an infraction of the Laws of the Game occurs, play is restarted according to the reason the ball became out of play before the infraction. (Any infraction of the Laws of the Game that occurs while the ball is out of play can be misconduct, but is not a foul)”

Thanks - you learn something new every day.

O'Rourke3
12-11-2023, 10:17 PM
Dont think it was a pen but dont think he has dived either. Rather just lost balance and fell over. Did he claim for the pen?Watch Sportscene(other highlights available). The defender nudges him with his hip. He doesn't just fall over. One of the cleverest fouls as he knocks him off his stride.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
13-11-2023, 06:46 AM

Cheers thanks for that.

JimBHibees
13-11-2023, 06:50 AM

Yep should have been a proper check to find out. Aitken on var no doubt feet up asleep at this point. Just like last week.

CentreLine
13-11-2023, 07:00 AM
Watch Sportscene(other highlights available). The defender nudges him with his hip. He doesn't just fall over. One of the cleverest fouls as he knocks him off his stride.

That and the forearm on Boyle’s back probably helps. It’s a foul and every part of the media knows it’s a foul but doesn’t fit the agenda.

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 09:18 AM
Watch Sportscene(other highlights available). The defender nudges him with his hip. He doesn't just fall over. One of the cleverest fouls as he knocks him off his stride.

That and the forearm on Boyle’s back probably helps. It’s a foul and every part of the media knows it’s a foul but doesn’t fit the agenda.

Oh come on guys the Boyle one is not a foul. Lets save our complaints for actual injustices - there is enough of them.

O'Rourke3
13-11-2023, 09:23 AM
Oh come on guys the Boyle one is not a foul. Lets save our complaints for actual injustices - there is enough of them.

I'm not claiming the pen. Just pointing out there was contact and Boyler didn't just fall over or dive. It was clear at the game there was no rash tackle and I wasn't shouting for it at the game.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2023, 09:23 AM

I didn’t think it was a foul. Was a wee bit of contact but that alone doesn’t make it a foul.

Kato
13-11-2023, 09:26 AM
I'm not claiming the pen. Just pointing out there was contact and Boyler didn't just fall over or dive. It was clear at the game there was no rash tackle and I wasn't shouting for it at the game.The Rangers get that as a pen. The one they got against Rocky last season was even more contentious.

Allant1981
13-11-2023, 09:28 AM

Not a chance it was a foul

Trinity Hibee
13-11-2023, 09:29 AM
No penalty for me. Boyle went down far too easy.

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2023, 09:32 AM
I dont think it was a foul, i think he just ran out of steam and was unbalanced trying to get away from the defender who stood his ground.

There was contact but not every contact is a foul.

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 10:15 AM
I'm not claiming the pen. Just pointing out there was contact and Boyler didn't just fall over or dive. It was clear at the game there was no rash tackle and I wasn't shouting for it at the game.

:aok:

Not In The Know
13-11-2023, 11:13 AM

Did you see his reaction when Jair touched his arm!

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-11-2023, 11:15 AM
Dermot Gallagher thought it was a pen on ref watch this morning. Also called out the Rangers boy for diving

Never bothered to show the Newell one which was 100% a pen imo

superfurryhibby
13-11-2023, 11:25 AM

Another.net "fact" that is clearly contradicted by other events in the same game.

The defender definitely leans into Boyle, who probably should have got a shot of a stride or two earlier. I didn't see any penalty, but whilst moving at pace, it doesn't take much to knock you off your stride. Would like to see it again.

wookie70
13-11-2023, 11:40 AM
Another.net "fact" that is clearly contradicted by other events in the same game.

The defender definitely leans into Boyle, who probably should have got a shot of a stride or two earlier. I didn't see any penalty, but whilst moving at pace, it doesn't take much to knock you off your stride. Would like to see it again.

I must admit I thought he wasn't as fast as I would have expected running for the penalty but it was down to his dribbling not his speed. Later on he showed he can still be rapid and also very strong. I do still think there is a bit to come but that would be expected after so long out

Trinity Hibee
13-11-2023, 11:41 AM
Dermot Gallagher thought it was a pen on ref watch this morning. Also called out the Rangers boy for diving

Never bothered to show the Newell one which was 100% a pen imo

https://x.com/hibsprogrammes/status/1724041742268215640?s=46&t=Lf2Je9-hRg6uExdvfVlCgA

Kato
13-11-2023, 11:47 AM

The defender definitely leans into Boyle, who probably should have got a shot of a stride or two earlier. I didn't see any penalty, but whilst moving at pace, it doesn't take much to knock you off your stride. Would like to see it again.If its Rangers its a pen. That is the main issue.

superfurryhibby
13-11-2023, 11:51 AM
If its Rangers its a pen. That is the main issue.

He should have got the shot away before then.

I'll await the highlights, but of course, penalty Rangers is always going to be the decision if Boyle played for the Bhuns.

I'm Spartacus
13-11-2023, 11:53 AM
Not sure why he didn't just get the shot away? Seemed keen to get his right side caught, great opporchancity too!

superfurryhibby
13-11-2023, 11:56 AM
https://x.com/hibsprogrammes/status/1724041742268215640?s=46&t=Lf2Je9-hRg6uExdvfVlCgA

Just watched this and slowed the video down. The view from behind shows contact between the defender and Boyle's right foot. It's probably not even intentional, but enough to to take Martin down. Penalty.

Watch this footage taken from behind them. Slow it down and you see the defender's leg, possibly not even their boot, connect and bring Boyle down, just as he's drawing the trigger :-)

basehibby
13-11-2023, 12:17 PM
Boyle claim I honestly cannot tell as you'd need the camera angle from behind the goal to see if there was contact - I think probably there was glancing contact off the defenders thigh and therefore a pen - hard to tell though and if the ref can't see it he can't give it.
Newell incident I actually thought the defender deflected Newell's cross out and they caught each other with the follow through - so in agreement w the officials on this occasion - corner kick and no pen.
Cannot remember the Fish incident and we won so for once it doesny really matter.

Tyler Durden
13-11-2023, 12:21 PM
Boyle claim I honestly cannot tell as you'd need the camera angle from behind the goal to see if there was contact - I think probably there was glancing contact off the defenders thigh and therefore a pen - hard to tell though and if the ref can't see it he can't give it.
Newell incident I actually thought the defender deflected Newell's cross out and they caught each other with the follow through - so in agreement w the officials on this occasion - corner kick and no pen.
Cannot remember the Fish incident and we won so for once it doesny really matter.

Why would "glancing contact off the defenders thigh" make it a pen?

Tyler Durden
13-11-2023, 12:27 PM
I'm as frustrated as the next fan with the state of scottish refs but I'm seeing some really sh*te takes since the semi final.

"Our claims aren't being checked" - everything is checked by VAR. The VAR is only going to ask the ref to go to the screen if they've made a clear and obvious error. If the ref describes what has happened and the footage doesn't contradict it, they won't be asked to double check it.

"Duk/Danilo got a penalty for a dive so we should have got ours". I mean it's just the classic, two wrongs don't make a right isn't it.

I'd agree with the shouts to bin VAR entirely but let's not act like there is some agenda against us specifically. Look at the Hearts penalty claim at the weekend FFS. The refs are just incompetent.

Chorley Hibee
13-11-2023, 12:31 PM
I'm as frustrated as the next fan with the state of scottish refs but I'm seeing some really sh*te takes since the semi final.

"Our claims aren't being checked" - everything is checked by VAR. The VAR is only going to ask the ref to go to the screen if they've made a clear and obvious error. If the ref describes what has happened and the footage doesn't contradict it, they won't be asked to double check it.

"Duk/Danilo got a penalty for a dive so we should have got ours". I mean it's just the classic, two wrongs don't make a right isn't it.

I'd agree with the shouts to bin VAR entirely but let's not act like there is some agenda against us specifically. Look at the Hearts penalty claim at the weekend FFS. The refs are just incompetent.

Incompetence and cheating aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm convinced they're both.

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2023, 12:36 PM

As much as I don't like them hertz had a pretty good claim too 😂
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/liam-boyce-hearts-penalty-denial-28096628

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-11-2023, 12:46 PM

If you slow that clip down or pause it you can see the defender make contact by tripping Boyle up.

JimBHibees
13-11-2023, 12:51 PM

Difference between being properly checked and ok John good decision. Absolutely no doubt Ventes should have been analysed from all the angles but wasn't. The Rangers one yesterday wasn't checked as if it was it clearly shouldn't have been given. Absolutely no doubt in my mind we get the wrong end of the stick decision wise.

JimBHibees
13-11-2023, 12:51 PM
As much as I don't like them hertz had a pretty good claim too 😂
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/liam-boyce-hearts-penalty-denial-28096628

The Shankland one was a pen the Boyce one was a dive

wookie70
13-11-2023, 12:52 PM
If you slow that clip down or pause it you can see the defender make contact by tripping Boyle up.

Boyle was the one who changed the direction of his run which resulted in contact. I'm sticking with the officials got that one right

Tyler Durden
13-11-2023, 12:55 PM

Nah, you can't.

JimBHibees
13-11-2023, 12:56 PM

Fish was in first half a corner tries to get away from Wright who drags him to the ground. Ref looking straight at it

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-11-2023, 01:15 PM
Nah, you can't.

Too right you can, he’s tripped.

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 01:16 PM
Nah, you can't.

Exactly. Danny Mills correct in the analysis. Dermot Gallagher slavering nonsense on that show and not for the first time!

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 01:17 PM
Too right you can, he’s tripped.

No he isnt mate come on:hilarious

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-11-2023, 01:19 PM
No he isnt mate come on:hilarious

Lol, I wouldn’t even trust Hibs fans running var! ;)

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 01:21 PM
Lol, I wouldn’t even trust Hibs fans running var! ;)

Last week you blamed Miller at Hampden for going down too easily and selling the goal. Yet there was far more contact on Miller than on Boyle on Saturday. Make it make sense!

You've def got the inconsistency to go along side current officials:greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-11-2023, 01:28 PM
Last week you blamed Miller at Hampden for going down too easily and selling the goal. Yet there was far more contact on Miller than on Boyle on Saturday. Make it make sense!

You've def got the inconsistency to go along side current officials:greengrin

Right, stuff the lot of you I’m away back to work!

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 01:32 PM
Right, stuff the lot of you I’m away back to work!

:hilarious ::thumbsup:

superfurryhibby
13-11-2023, 02:00 PM

It's almost like people don't actually bother to read or watch before commenting :greengrin

I said exactly the same, there seems to be contact. Enough to take Boyle down, why else wouldn't he have had a shot.

Ps: the Hearts one, Boyce feigned a kick to the face. The studs were in the chest and barely connected. He was definitely fouled outside the box just before turning and throwing himself to the deck. The ref was right there and clearly saw the cheating. Sometimes better not to give an Olivier performance before going down.

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 02:14 PM
It's almost like people don't actually bother to read or watch before commenting :greengrin

I said exactly the same, there seems to be contact. Enough to take Boyle down, why else wouldn't he have had a shot.

Ps: the Hearts one, Boyce feigned a kick to the face. The studs were in the chest and barely connected. He was definitely fouled outside the box just before turning and throwing himself to the deck. The ref was right there and clearly saw the cheating. Sometimes better not to give an Olivier performance before going down.

You really need to watch the clip again mate. There is zero contact between the Killie defender and Boyle's foot.

Tyler Durden
13-11-2023, 02:23 PM

Or people read and watch and disagree with you :aok:

Boyle was waiting for contact that didn't come. He should have moved the ball onto his left and got a shot away but he was too concerned with running across the defender's path.

superfurryhibby
13-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Or people read and watch and disagree with you :aok:

Boyle was waiting for contact that didn't come. He should have moved the ball onto his left and got a shot away but he was too concerned with running across the defender's path.

Yes, possibly but I have the feeling most people haven't watched the twitter clip. Boyle is always a step in front, until the point of contact. It's not glaringly obvious in real time, slow it down though and there is contact.

FWIW, I agree that Boyle should have got a shot away. He took a stride or two too many.

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2023, 02:43 PM
The Shankland one was a pen the Boyce one was a dive

I never actually seen the Shankland one though the Boyce one if it was us I'd be wanting a penalty for that all day long , for me he's caught the hertz player in the chest which I think is dangerous play .

Boyle one I think he's been given a slight bump and there's contact made on his foot all of which is what makes him go down . Boyle had no reason to go down as he had a goalscoring opportunity imo .Whatever way we all see Boyles for me Newells is stonewall penalty.

Sad thing is if these Penalty claims that haven't been given to Hibs or hertz happened to Sevco they'd probably get them all .

WeeRussell
13-11-2023, 04:46 PM
Boyle can’t have lost that much pace. He ran from his own half, burning off defenders with ease and set-up the goal that won us the game.

Never a penalty though. Still runs very fast, still goes down quite easily.

CentreLine
13-11-2023, 05:22 PM
Not a chance it was a foul

Okay it’s not a foul, Boyle is in a position to shoot and score. He’s already done that trick previously and been offside. Instead he decided he was fed up with that simple game and to gamble on a dive in the hope he or someone else would convert the penalty. Cheatin’, diver should beshown the door without delay. Or, maybe there was more to it. 🤔

PatHead
13-11-2023, 05:39 PM
I never actually seen the Shankland one though the Boyce one if it was us I'd be wanting a penalty for that all day long , for me he's caught the hertz player in the chest which I think is dangerous play .

Boyle one I think he's been given a slight bump and there's contact made on his foot all of which is what makes him go down . Boyle had no reason to go down as he had a goalscoring opportunity imo .Whatever way we all see Boyles for me Newells is stonewall penalty.

Sad thing is if these Penalty claims that haven't been given to Hibs or hertz happened to Sevco they'd probably get them all .

No probably about it

superfurryhibby
13-11-2023, 06:22 PM
No probably about it

The Boyce one. There seems to be an initial tug, then arms around him but outside the box. He turns and plays the ball with his upper arm/shoulder, he's already going downward, never getting to that ball. Then he takes the kick to the chest, throws himself to the ground clutching his pus when the whole stadium can see it was round about the breast area. Embarrassing, as the ref was on the spot. He cheated himself out of a spot kick there, the fud :greengrin

Callum_62
13-11-2023, 07:59 PM
Why does it matter where Boyce holds?

He was kicked not far off his throat - it's a clear foul every day of the week

Can you really have your studs that high now and it not be a foul?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Boyle can’t have lost that much pace. He ran from his own half, burning off defenders with ease and set-up the goal that won us the game.

Correct!

Also correct!

There are some really inventive wild takes on this thread all seen through the brightest green tinted specs. Are people really that incapable of being objective??!

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2023, 08:40 PM

As I said if the same incident happens to a Hibs player we would be raging if we didn't get a penalty for that as it's dangerous play , worse part of it was the referee going to look at it on the VAR monitor and still not seeing it ! .

superfurryhibby
13-11-2023, 09:40 PM

It was closer tae his bawz, if he had any, than his throat. Boy barely touched him anyway, as he threw himself to the deck and into his slightly raised boot.

The point is he tried to con the ref and it went against him. Tough titty..............., but I'd be raging if that had been us :greengrin

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2023, 10:27 PM
It was closer tae his bawz, if he had any, than his throat. Boy barely touched him anyway, as he threw himself to the deck and into his slightly raised boot.

The point is he tried to con the ref and it went against him. Tough titty..............., but I'd be raging if that had been us :greengrin

Penalty all day long .
https://images.app.goo.gl/L2wWJfmEmhV7YKFL9

basehibby
14-11-2023, 01:08 AM
Why would "glancing contact off the defenders thigh" make it a pen?

When you are as light as Martin Boye and travelling at pace and a six foot lump makes even glancing contact, it's more than enough to put you off balance and make you go down - therefore it's a penalty as it illegally prevents a goal scoring opportunity.

CentreLine
14-11-2023, 06:03 AM
When you are as light as Martin Boye and travelling at pace and a six foot lump makes even glancing contact, it's more than enough to put you off balance and make you go down - therefore it's a penalty as it illegally prevents a goal scoring opportunity.

Penalty and a sending off… if I was referee 👍🏻

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 07:16 AM
https://x.com/davidkirkland14/status/1724046427888783822?s=46&t=Lf2Je9-hRg6uExdvfVlCgA

Newell one here

B.H.F.C
14-11-2023, 07:45 AM
https://x.com/davidkirkland14/status/1724046427888783822?s=46&t=Lf2Je9-hRg6uExdvfVlCgA

Newell one here

Same guy on VAR that was on VAR at Hampden. And the worst of it is, he’s one of the dedicated VAR guys.

Similar to the one at Hampden how can this not even merit stopping play to have a look. Both occasions, the ball has went out of play after the contact and I think, because of that, he’s just neglected to look at what has happened in the build up. Shocking.

Kato
14-11-2023, 07:50 AM
Same guy on VAR that was on VAR at Hampden. And the worst of it is, he’s one of the dedicated VAR guys.

Similar to the one at Hampden how can this not even merit stopping play to have a look. Both occasions, the ball has went out of play after the contact and I think, because of that, he’s just neglected to look at what has happened in the build up. Shocking.Sure that's why he's neglected to have a look.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-11-2023, 08:04 AM

Newell one here

Newell even commented saying "you've got to laugh"

They had all the time in the world to review whilst he was injured and the ball was out of play. Our operating of VAR is a total and utter shambles

B.H.F.C
14-11-2023, 08:35 AM
Sure that's why he's neglected to have a look.

I don’t think, in this particular instance, there is any big conspiracy against us. It’s incompetence and total lack of awareness from the boy doing VAR. Had both occurred against a certain team, my view would probably be different.

Kato
14-11-2023, 08:39 AM
I don’t think, in this particular instance, there is any big conspiracy against us. It’s incompetence and total lack of awareness from the boy doing VAR. Had both occurred against a certain team, my view would probably be different.Well neither of us know that for sure, do we, but given the track record of the Rangers fans who make up the grade one refereeing community I know which club is an easy target for their precieved bias.

wookie70
14-11-2023, 02:11 PM
I don’t think, in this particular instance, there is any big conspiracy against us. It’s incompetence and total lack of awareness from the boy doing VAR. Had both occurred against a certain team, my view would probably be different.
When will this start incompetence work in our favour.

JimBHibees
14-11-2023, 02:15 PM
When will this start incompetence work in our favour.

Been waiting a few years for this they even themselves out over the season nonsense to come true.

The Veteran
14-11-2023, 02:24 PM

Good post, apart from one wee bit.

He goes down far too easily and, as we are starting to now see, that goes against us.

He’s good enough that he doesn’t need to do this.

maturehibby
14-11-2023, 02:35 PM
Good post, apart from one wee bit.

He goes down far too easily and, as we are starting to now see, that goes against us.

He’s good enough that he doesn’t need to do this.
I thought so too at the time but look at the push on his back at the you of his shoulder so could be a penalty

superfurryhibby
14-11-2023, 03:14 PM
I thought so too at the time but look at the push on his back at the you of his shoulder so could be a penalty

This is my final time saying this, I promise you all.

If you watch this link, slow it down to 0.25 and look carefully. The defender flicks his right foot (the outside one as Boyle runs) up and into Boyle as he is about to pull the trigger, it connects with Boyle and takes him down. It's subtle and very clever, he got away with it, stopped a good chance, should have been a penalty and a red card.

Interesting to note that there was a camera in the South. The telling angle is the view from there, then you see the foul. Side on, no chance.

https://twitter.com/hibsprogrammes/status/1724041742268215640?s=46&t=Lf2Je9-hRg6uExdvfVlCgA

It was a penalty, 100%

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 06:48 PM

If you watch this link, slow it down to 0.25 and look carefully. The defender flicks his right foot (the outside one as Boyle runs) up and into Boyle as he is about to pull the trigger, it connects with Boyle and takes him down. It's subtle and very clever, he got away with it, stopped a good chance, should have been a penalty and a red card.

Interesting to note that there was a camera in the South. The telling angle is the view from there, then you see the foul. Side on, no chance.

https://twitter.com/hibsprogrammes/status/1724041742268215640?s=46&t=Lf2Je9-hRg6uExdvfVlCgA

It was a penalty, 100%

Watched it at least ten times now from all angles and genuinely think you are imagining things. There is nothing on any of those clips that shows Findlay's foot clipping Boyle's foot or leg.

The Veteran
14-11-2023, 09:04 PM

It was a penalty, 100%

I’ve just done what you advocated.

You're wrong.

No penalty!

superfurryhibby
14-11-2023, 09:35 PM
I’ve just done what you advocated.

You're wrong.

No penalty!

:top marks

The Veteran
15-11-2023, 03:20 PM
:top marks

Honestly, I'm well chuffed that you agree with me, I really am. But, y'know, 9/10 would have been a high enough score.

You've made me blush. :greengrin