PDA

View Full Version : ALF and Doidge?

H18 SFR
11-11-2023, 12:56 PM
I’ve had a few days away from all things Hibs this week - what’s the situation with ALF and Doidge? Both injured?

Jones28
11-11-2023, 12:58 PM
ALF definitely out, was announced last week I think. Could be a long term one.

No idea about Doidge, I don’t think the manager fancies him but it’s worrying if it’s Landers he thinks is a better option.

1875Sean
11-11-2023, 12:59 PM
Never been mentioned of Doidge being injured before or after the semi which makes me think Monty wants him off the wage bill, ALF is out for a couple of week

bingo70
11-11-2023, 01:00 PM

No idea about Doidge, I don’t think the manager fancies him but it’s worrying if it’s Landers he thinks is a better option.

Doidge was down doing running with McKirdy at East Mains this morning. I’m not sure if it was a fitness test or an extra session after returning from injury but I’m pretty sure it’s not a case of him just preferring Landers.

supermcginn
11-11-2023, 01:06 PM
Doidge won't be seen again.

CentreLine
11-11-2023, 01:09 PM

If true, that sounds like something has happened rather than just our manager not fancying him. Oh well, onwards and upwards

Would be a shame as I think Doidge does a great job upsetting defences and creating space. Not to mention going on runs of scoring with just any part of his body.

USA_Hibee
11-11-2023, 01:12 PM

What have you heard?

HoboHarry
11-11-2023, 01:13 PM

Based on what?

CentreLine
11-11-2023, 01:15 PM

Actually sounds like a mafia threat 🫣

Since90+2
11-11-2023, 01:17 PM
If true, that sounds like something has happened rather than just our manager not fancying him. Oh well, onwards and upwards

Would be a shame as I think Doidge does a great job upsetting defences and creating space. Not to mention going on runs of scoring with just any part of his body.

Been literally years since he went on a scoring run.

Bridge hibs
11-11-2023, 01:20 PM

Aye, he will wake up in the morning with a ball on the pillow beside him

Billy Whizz
11-11-2023, 01:24 PM

He doesn’t come across as the sort of type who’d fallout out with coaches etc

The Modfather
11-11-2023, 01:26 PM

Doidge sleeps with the fishes!

1875Sean
11-11-2023, 01:33 PM

Maybe he hasn’t fallen out but Monty wants to move him on in Jan and has other targets?

Golden Bear
11-11-2023, 01:38 PM

I'm pretty sure the coaching staff will have seen much more of Landers and what his capable of than you. I could be wrong of course but I very much doubt it. Anyway I'll try not to "worry."

Jones28
11-11-2023, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the coaching staff will have seen much more of Landers and what his capable of than you. I could be wrong of course but I very much doubt it. Anyway I'll try not to "worry."

Ok. Very argumentative tone there.

Shall I rephrase? “I find it worrying..”

Better?

Joe6-2
11-11-2023, 01:57 PM
Doidge sleeps with the fishes!

Glad you didn’t say fish!

Smartie
11-11-2023, 02:02 PM
Aye, he will wake up in the morning with a ball on the pillow beside him

It used to be the head of the horse that they used, I wonder if the testicle is an even more serious threat?

WeeRussell
12-11-2023, 08:31 AM

Yep - he’s the last person in the squad I’d expect to be involved in a ‘rift’.

However I wouldn’t be surprised if Monty has deemed that he’s just not good enough. It’s generally been the case for a long time, despite a flash at the start of the season, and we now have decent options where we were struggling in the past.

flash
12-11-2023, 08:33 AM
Doidge might be handy off the bench but he definitely should have been moved on in the summer.

B.H.F.C
12-11-2023, 08:36 AM
I’d be surprised if Doidge has just been bombed from the squad.

Was only last week he came on in the semi final.

JimBHibees
12-11-2023, 08:40 AM
I’d be surprised if Doidge has just been bombed from the squad.

Was only last week he came on in the semi final.

Suppose possible he has had the bug going about. Might hit him more seeing he got covid bad. Expect either illness or injury reason as we could have done with him yesterday.

The Modfather
12-11-2023, 08:42 AM
Yep - he’s the last person in the squad I’d expect to be involved in a ‘rift’.

However I wouldn’t be surprised if Monty has deemed that he’s just not good enough. It’s generally been the case for a long time, despite a flash at the start of the season, and we now have decent options where we were struggling in the past.

I’d suspect Monty has seen, like Hanlon, Stevenson & until the last 2 games Cambell, that Doidge isn’t the answer. Especially given his wage will be far too high to be back up or a squad player.

However I’d be amazed if he’s just decided to freeze him out when on the bench we only have Landers.

JimBHibees
12-11-2023, 08:43 AM
I’d suspect Monty has seen, like Hanlon, Stevenson & until the last 2 games Cambell, that Doidge isn’t the answer. Especially given his wage will be far too high to be back up or a squad player.

However I’d be amazed if he’s just decided to freeze him out when on the bench we only have Landers.

Agree would make no sense not to have him as an option