PDA

View Full Version : do Hibs fans trust the establishment ?

worcesterhibby
08-11-2023, 12:19 PM
I have to admit, I become more and more anti-establishment as I get older. Would be interested in other supporters views.

Do you Trust those in authority to treat Hibs and Hibs fans fairly ?

which of these organisation do you trust to treat as the same as other clubs ?

hard poll to word, but hope it makes sense.

Diclonius
08-11-2023, 12:25 PM
We're not even treated fairly by Hibs.

worcesterhibby
08-11-2023, 12:29 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Bostonhibby
08-11-2023, 12:48 PM
Do we get points for completing this poll?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CentreLine
08-11-2023, 12:50 PM
I had such high hopes of VAR as I thought the transparency would force the authorities in to being consistent and fair across the board. Instead, the authorities have pulled endless contortions in order to keep it secret. I don't feel that Hibs are worse treated than the majority but there is a rule for two clubs in Scotland and then the rest. It is shameful and needs called out or the game dies on a sword of its own making

NAE NOOKIE
08-11-2023, 12:56 PM
Not so much how badly Hibs are treated by Edinburgh council, but rather how well Hearts are treated, it seems whatever Hearts want they get, EG knocking down council nurseries whereas Hibs have to fight tooth and nail and still not always winning. The Lochend butterfly being a case in point.

As for the football authorities, simple things like being denied the more accessible east end of Hampden when we play Celtic there come to mind. As for refs and VAR ... that's not so much us being treated unfairly as two clubs being treated better than everybody else. Though in recent years it seems that Hibs players get away with far fewer fouls before a booking than a lot of other clubs.

Baader
08-11-2023, 01:01 PM
No trust whatsoever in the above mentioned. You can add the west coast media to the list.

I reserve a particular disdain for City of Edinburgh Council and the continual favouritism and bias they show to their Gorgie chums.

They continually signed off on the safety of the old stand at Tynecastle when it clearly was unsafe with debris falling down where fans were. You can bet your bottom dollar if this were Hibs it would've been shut down.

I remember the clamour from them to be involved in a joint partnership for a new stadium around Gorgie as the West of Edinburgh "needed sporting facilities" and the ridiculous pretence that getting involved with one half of the football clubs in the city would be a good return for council tax players. :rolleyes: HMFC then stiffed the council for over £90k a few years later on their debt list of shame but what's a few quid between friends?

Contrast this with Hibs and Sir Tom Farmer's bid for the Lochend Butterfly site which resulted in an apology from the council after receiving "innaccurate information" about the bid and the land subsequently sold to developers. If this were the other lot they would have found a way for them to get that land at the lowest possible cost. Absolute shower who will bend over backwards to help out the manky mob.

Hibs4185
08-11-2023, 01:14 PM
I never believed the biased debate over the years but it gets harder and harder to deny.

When was the last penalty rangers conceded at Ibrox??

Also, look how many Celtic and rangers players get sent off in Europe, yet the number of red cards for them in the league is always minimal.

No doubt on average Hibs get far more decisions against than for.

Pagan Hibernia
08-11-2023, 01:30 PM
I had such high hopes of VAR as I thought the transparency would force the authorities in to being consistent and fair across the board. Instead, the authorities have pulled endless contortions in order to keep it secret. I don't feel that Hibs are worse treated than the majority but there is a rule for two clubs in Scotland and then the rest. It is shameful and needs called out or the game dies on a sword of its own making

This. Its not anti-hibs as such, any more than its anti-motherwell... but its certainly pro the two arse cheeks

CentreLine
08-11-2023, 02:06 PM
I never believed the biased debate over the years but it gets harder and harder to deny.

When was the last penalty rangers conceded at Ibrox??

Also, look how many Celtic and rangers players get sent off in Europe, yet the number of red cards for them in the league is always minimal.

No doubt on average Hibs get far more decisions against than for.

Caveat to that would be that they have had three penalties given against them in recent years but only against lower league teams or where they have an, apparently, unassailable lead. Cringeworthy bias by blatant cheats. They don't even seem to disguise it days, just ignore the hand ball, blatant trip or whatever and no need to answer for it to anyone.

I would love to see one of those computer literate people put together a montage of the times the decisions have been given against us and compare to similar decisions given to others. Then a montage dedicated to the The rangers and name and shame the referee

The Veteran
08-11-2023, 04:20 PM
Glasgow bias makes it appear bad for all other teams.

Wilson
08-11-2023, 04:25 PM
I had no hope for var. I thought the odd Boyle 'dive' we did get would be ruled out and we still wouldn't get decisions at places like Ibrox.

I didn't imagine it would be as bad as it is though.

A Hi-Bee
08-11-2023, 04:41 PM
No 2 ways about it, they are all a shower of snakes.
:flag::flag::flag:

Kato
08-11-2023, 05:41 PM
A Hibs fan from this generation who witnessed/went through the aftermath of the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, from the SFA, the BBC, Police Scotland and every Scottish newspaper, and still "trusts the establishment" must be rarity.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

scm70nyd1973
08-11-2023, 07:45 PM
No 2 ways about it, they are all a shower of snakes.
:flag::flag::flag:

Yup - just as slippery as two snakes making love in a bath of snot ☹️

marinello59
08-11-2023, 07:46 PM

:greengrin

marinello59
08-11-2023, 07:48 PM

I didn't. Never wanted it.

WeeRussell
08-11-2023, 08:22 PM
I didn't. Never wanted it.

Snap.

There are a few sticking by their guns, fair enough. I can’t think there will be anyone that didn’t want it but now thinks it’s made things better though!

LewysGot2
08-11-2023, 11:44 PM
It's draining the joy from the game.

Games are being re-refereed. As if one set of eyes screening for reasons to penalise weren't enough.

They're forgetting it's an entertainment business and they've no interest in "getting it right" for all teams equally.

Tonight at our 2nd when they went to check for offside it just savaged the joy. It's not just in Scotland as its evident elsewhere - the worst probably the monumental balls up at Spurs v Liverpool- but I'm only interested in how badly we're executing it here. And it's not pretty

Chorley Hibee
08-11-2023, 11:49 PM
It's draining the joy from the game.

Games are being re-refereed. As if one set of eyes screening for reasons to penalise weren't enough.

They're forgetting it's an entertainment business and they've no interest in "getting it right" for all teams equally.

Tonight at our 2nd when they went to check for offside it just savaged the joy. It's not just in Scotland as its evident elsewhere - the worst probably the monumental balls up at Spurs v Liverpool- but I'm only interested in how badly we're executing it here. And it's not pretty

When they went to check that second goal, I honestly contemplated walking out then and calling it a day.

They're killing the game.